Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 701499 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Gods R Delusions x Mine

Orlando, FL

#536662 May 12, 2014
Maybe the RCC could give us some infallible electric cars, rechargeable through prayer?

ramen
Dust Storm

Minneapolis, MN

#536663 May 12, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
We prohibit also that the laity should be permitted to have the books of the Old or New Testament; unless anyone from motive of devotion should wish to have the Psalter or the Breviary for divine offices or the hours of the blessed Virgin; but we most strictly forbid their having any translation of these books.
Sorry, but the council ot Toulouse was a local council. It was dealing with the Albigensian heresy and the decree was aimed at those with faulty translations, notes and commentary which they were using to support very foreign doctrines were forbidden. Bibles throughout were not and anyone could have come to the church and read or hear an approved version.. Hardly an ecumenical council forbidding laity anywhere and everywhere. Further writings of the pope make this clear. That protestants oft take this out of context is of no consequence to reality. If the particlur bible does not matter then I am quite certain all Protestants will be more than happy to use any bible including the Moorman or Jehovah witness or any other variation for that matter along with notes and teachings entirely at odds with their beliefs. They forbage marriage amongst other things.
Gods R Delusions x Mine

Orlando, FL

#536664 May 12, 2014
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
The Nicene Creed doesn't indicate how God will do things or in what time.
RE: the papal infallibility, It's not that confusing.
Popes, unilaterally, don't declare doctrine.
Doctrine is developed over time. Sometmes, it's a long time (i.e. the Assumption).
Papal infallibility simply describes situations when the Church believes that the Pope cannot err when speaking on matters of faith and/or morals.
I'm not sure where you're going with the whole "no longer infallible teachings" thing. What are you thinking of?
(sigh) When the definition of Papal infallibility was "codified," it decodified prior infallible teachings, which were proclaimed as such by several prior Popes.

From what I read, this was a controversy in 1870 and never really resolved.

OK, still waiting for the most current list of these amazing teachings.

Being the universal church, those teachings must have profound meaning for all of mankind, right?

Right?

Peace and ramen
Dust Storm

Minneapolis, MN

#536665 May 12, 2014
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
So t one Jew was tortured, had an auto de fe , or was killed under the auspices of the Inquisition...?? The,Jews terrorized folks to make them non Catholic???? Their properties were never confiscated, not one ....all in the Name of the TRUE CHURCH .....allowed by the popes...
Please, you are straining credulity....ONE PERSON suffering by the powers in the Name of Jesus should be grounds,to excommunicated.....
Are the figures of Crusades and inquisition possibly exaggerated, no doubt ......but it happened ...the Jews and Arabs did not have a,mass delusion...hundreds,of years of history is,not TOTAL fabrication...
But you guys,don't get the point...that is not THE RCC I knew,or you and you can thank God for that......
Could you translate your garbled mess of imcomplete thoughts into a verifiable coherent statement with an attempt at having any form of a point or acutally addressing the points made to you rather than ramblings about things that only you seem to understand in your mythical world? Why dont you try to make a singular thought with one meanlingless and erreoneous statement at a time or do you have a translator for the Rosezite language?

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#536666 May 12, 2014
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Why ANYONE would believe a 21st century " self interpreting" bible "expert?????" like you Brasil---makes "no sense" especially since you are just ONE of over 42,000 contradicting---hodge podge of bible verses waiving" self appointed bible "experts????? ".......You (divisive)Protestant bible only "fundies" (self interpreters) have ".absolutely NOTHING historically factual or biblically truthfull to offer ANYONE except the "same old" anti catholic hostile and vindictive " lies and distortions" of the TRUE Biblical and TRUE Church historical documented writings by the Early Church Fathers, the Apologistic historian writers (both .Catholic and Protestant) from the first 1500 years of the Universal (Catholic) Church that Jesus HIMSELF initiated.......Go argue, discuss and debate with your other Protestant bible only "self appointed -- man- made preachers who don't agree with you either!!!!!!----It is a "complete" waist of time!......The Fullness of the TRUTH of the TRUE a Gospel and the a Fullness of the Faith of the TRUE Salvation in Jesus Christ has been grounded, established and proclaimed for over 2000 years ----which is ONLY manifested IN Jesus Christ -HIMSELF.----- in and through HIS One TRUE Apostolic Catholic Church....
You are lying...again...

The Roman Catholic Church, headquartered in Rome, Italy, has its own powerful City-State, the Vatican, and claims over 968 million members worldwide and 60 million in the U.S. and Canada (as of 1996).(Catholic membership figures are considerably misleading, though, in that they count as members every person who has been baptized Catholic, including millions of people who were baptized as infants but who are not practicing Catholics.)

The Roman Catholic Church, in its pagan form, unofficially came into being in 312 A.D., at the time of the so-called "miraculous conversion" to Christianity of the Roman Emperor Constantine. Although Christianity was not made the official religion of the Roman Empire until the edicts of Theodosius I in 380 and 381 A.D., Constantine, from 312 A.D. until his death in 337, was engaged in the process of simultaneously building pagan temples and Christian churches, and was slowly turning over the reigns of his pagan priesthood to the Bishop of Rome.

However, the family of Constantine did not give up the last vestige of his priesthood until after the disintegration of the Roman Empire -- that being the title the emperors bore as heads of the pagan priesthood -- Pontifex Maximus -- a title which the popes would inherit.(The popes also inherited Constantine's titles as the self-appointed civil head of the church -- Vicar of Christ and Bishop of Bishops.)

United States

#536667 May 12, 2014
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
The Nicene Creed doesn't indicate how God will do things or in what time.
RE: the papal infallibility, It's not that confusing.
Popes, unilaterally, don't declare doctrine.
Doctrine is developed over time. Sometmes, it's a long time (i.e. the Assumption).
Papal infallibility simply describes situations when the Church believes that the Pope cannot err when speaking on matters of faith and/or morals.
I'm not sure where you're going with the whole "no longer infallible teachings" thing. What are you thinking of?
-
-
papal infallibility is not confusing?
-
Once again: God declared himself infallible LOOOOONG before the Pope declared HIMSELF infallible.
-
God's infallibility is not confusing.
Papal infallibility absolutely is.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#536668 May 12, 2014
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
It is the -----"numers game" -----that you bible only "fundies" have miserably failed over and over and over again since the reformation ---- and it is began in the first -------"1500"-----ye ars of Jesus Christ's One True Universal-Apostolic Catholic Church from which the TRUTH of the TRUE Gospel of Jesus Christ has been proclaimed, taught and believed by billions and billions of TRUE Followers of Jesus Christ ----------who were ALL a Catholic ...
You are lying again...here is proof:

You will not post the definition of the word "church" found in the footnote in your NABre on Mt 16:18 because it proves you are a liar......

You will not respond to: Why, in Rev, did not Christ refer to any of the seven (7) churches as Catholic Churches?? Because it also proves you are a liar...

The RCC is a denomination....one of the largest in the USA...Christ built no such...
Dan

United States

#536669 May 12, 2014
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
-
-
-
Once again: God declared himself infallible LOOOOONG before the Pope declared HIMSELF infallible.
-
No Pope declared himself infallible.

Tough discussing this with people who refuse to do their homework.
KayMarie

Carlisle, PA

#536670 May 12, 2014
who="Michael" <quoted text>
...You can do all the worrying for me, however, if there is an all loving god, he would be fair and equal in support for all his creation, not one select group created by a few powerful people with agendas thousands of years ago, that claimed God as their own.
----------

Michael, there IS an all-loving God...Who is misunderstood often.
Remember that HE is the One Who said, "WHOSOEVER WILL"? Jesus Himself is the One Who declared, "For God SO LOVED THE WORLD (not just a few), that He gave His ONLY begotten son,(so) that WHOSOEVER BELIEVES IN HIM SHOULD NOT PERISH, BUT HAVE EVERLASTING LIFE."

WHOSOEVER...not just the few that the CC or the Protestants approve! Whosoever BELIEVES in Him. We are given the choice for OURSELVES.
KayMarie

Carlisle, PA

#536671 May 12, 2014
who="Liam" <quoted text>
you were supposed to read the link, not just the first line. When Rome legalized Christianity, a hospital went up along with the Churches. Town after town; city after city. Hospitals spread because of the Catholic Church. Period. You would not have had this with atheism.

----------
Imagine THAT !!! An ATHEIST hospital...LOL
KayMarie

Carlisle, PA

#536672 May 12, 2014
[who="Dust Storm" <quoted text>
Could you translate your garbled mess of imcomplete thoughts into a verifiable coherent statement with an attempt at having any form of a point or acutally addressing the points made to you rather than ramblings about things that only you seem to understand in your mythical world? Why dont you try to make a singular thought with one meanlingless and erreoneous statement at a time or do you have a translator for the Rosezite language?

----------
You are very unkind to a person who has been very uncritical. She has honestly shared what she has discovered, without name-calling.

Since: Feb 14

Location hidden

#536673 May 12, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
It was the Catholic religion that started the myth of Jesus, and you want to throw the word religion under the bus and fly away on your fantasy with Jesus in your divine packsack.
Idiot!
you're to kind. God bless you :)

United States

#536674 May 12, 2014
guest wrote:
-
-
-
-
-
Dan wrote:
No Pope declared himself infallible.
Tough discussing this with people who refuse to do their homework.
-
-
alrighty then ... pope's sycophants declared his 'declarations from the chair' infallible
same-same
-
do you think that when ordering torture and mass murder that the pope was *fallible*? do you think that could be described as apostasy... as it WAS clearly heresy?
Do you think that the church can spread terror as something it "solemnly defines for the faithful to believe is true"?
-
So *IF* the church teaches murder and torture of heretics it MUST BE GOD'S and JESUS' TRUE WILL?
That's a pretty sick church, if you ask me. Sociopathic, in fact.
-
http://www.catholic.com/tracts/papal-infallib...
Since Christ said the gates of hell would not prevail against his Church (Matt. 16:18b), this means that his Church can never pass out of existence. But if the Church ever apostasized by teaching heresy, then it would cease to exist; because it would cease to be Jesus’ Church. Thus the Church cannot teach heresy, meaning that anything it solemnly defines for the faithful to believe is true. This same reality is reflected in the Apostle Paul’s statement that the Church is "the pillar and foundation of the truth" (1 Tim. 3:15). If the Church is the foundation of religious truth in this world, then it is God’s own spokesman. As Christ told his disciples: "He who hears you hears me, and he who rejects you rejects me, and he who rejects me rejects him who sent me" (Luke 10:16).
Gods R Delusions x Mine

Orlando, FL

#536675 May 12, 2014
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
-
-
-
-
Of course, by making absurd statements, you make a few infallible teachings seem less delusional by comparison.

More evidence that born-agains were fostered by passages in the RCC bible, to make convoluted RCC dogma look 'normal' by comparison.

Those RCC boys are smarter than we give them credit for.

ramen

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#536676 May 12, 2014
Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
One Jew , tortured, killed, property confiscated, made to recant due to the office of the Inquisition is too many....and my prose may not be as good as yours, but you ARE well aware of what I've been saying .........not one person who can read believes no one was,killed or tortured in the Inquisition...you are wasting your breath ...

Mistakes were made.lives,lost.....in JESUS NAME....this could not stand .....the RCC today is,not the same Church it was....everyone who wants,one has GODS,WORD to read...
And this,Mormon rabbit hole you all keep bringing up is just that ..

Thank God for the changes,and the Church you have today ..
Gods R Delusions x Mine

Orlando, FL

#536678 May 12, 2014
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
Matthew, Mark, Luke and John....these will be the witnesses at your trial!
if i were you, i'd be brushing up on what they have to say for my defense.......

Thank you sir, That is Christianity without the sickening PC.

Some want to tell us that Hell isn't what Revelation tells us. Some even envision an almost completely benign Hell.

Give it to them bro. Preach that Gospel in the traditional way.

ramen
Gods R Delusions x Mine

Orlando, FL

#536679 May 12, 2014
pusherman_ wrote:
<quoted text> you're to kind. God bless you :)
lol, Junith has a way with words :o)

ramen

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#536680 May 12, 2014
KayMarie wrote:
[who="Dust Storm" <quoted text>
----------
You are very unkind to a person who has been very uncritical. She has honestly shared what she has discovered, without name-calling.
Thanks dear..it's deflection ..and I should reread better, but that person knows what I meant...and I have never said the RCC has not reformed...they hear Reformation and cringe...learned it was a bad thing...

The RCC changed in my life time , big time, let alone over hundreds of years, thank God ...
We have enough killing now,in the supposed name of religion....power corrupts ...

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#536681 May 12, 2014
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
-
-
<quoted text>
-
-
alrighty then ... pope's sycophants declared his 'declarations from the chair' infallible
same-same
-
do you think that when ordering torture and mass murder that the pope was *fallible*? do you think that could be described as apostasy... as it WAS clearly heresy?
Do you think that the church can spread terror as something it "solemnly defines for the faithful to believe is true"?
-
So *IF* the church teaches murder and torture of heretics it MUST BE GOD'S and JESUS' TRUE WILL?
That's a pretty sick church, if you ask me. Sociopathic, in fact.
-
http://www.catholic.com/tracts/papal-infallib...
Since Christ said the gates of hell would not prevail against his Church (Matt. 16:18b), this means that his Church can never pass out of existence. But if the Church ever apostasized by teaching heresy, then it would cease to exist; because it would cease to be Jesus’ Church. Thus the Church cannot teach heresy, meaning that anything it solemnly defines for the faithful to believe is true. This same reality is reflected in the Apostle Paul’s statement that the Church is "the pillar and foundation of the truth" (1 Tim. 3:15). If the Church is the foundation of religious truth in this world, then it is God’s own spokesman. As Christ told his disciples: "He who hears you hears me, and he who rejects you rejects me, and he who rejects me rejects him who sent me" (Luke 10:16).
THE GOD OF CREATION did not get believers unless they believed, Jesus never taught forcing belief to keep one's life or property .....never ..Free will ..and our Dear Saviuir gave His,life for our
Unfaithfulness and SIN...He died for US.. did NOT say kill for me ( one reason the zealots did NOT accept Him )

Power corrupts ..it's humanities curse....never should Christs True Church persecute anyone...that's not His way ..Not what He died for....

He COULD and WILL make believers by showing His POWER AND MIGHT ...HE DID NOT when He asked His,Father to forgive them...NEXT time every knee will bow, not to the RCC but to the Lord ..

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#536682 May 12, 2014
Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually that was pretty coherent on rereading it...Yes,you understood . Criticizing me does nit negate the point .

There was NO MASS DELUSION of an Inquisition......no matter the number , one life USING HIS NAME was evil ...

Clear enough..????

I don't really care ..Just being clear . Enjoy your blinders and don't thank GOD directorate RCC, if
You don't want to.

Peace

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 23 min Hypocrite watch 79,782
Gay snap eh 2 hr Lopez_nator21 13
News Sarah Palin going on 'Oprah' (Oct '09) 4 hr Joe Fortuna 719
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 5 hr Devil number 666 448,392
Are women from USA scared of marriage? 6 hr thadv14 1
Best cosplay costumes online shop 6 hr Cosplay007 1
Friends signed me up for Latin America singles ... 7 hr anthon64 1
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 13 hr Dang Jersey Piney 995,752