Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 20 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Truth

Leesburg, VA

#535981 May 8, 2014
Can you see the SALVATION of the Lord???

Exodus 14:13

13 Moses answered the people,“Do not be afraid. Stand firm and you will see the ~~~~~deliverance the Lord~~~~~ will bring you today. The Egyptians you see today you will never see again.
LTM

Sudbury, Canada

#535982 May 8, 2014
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>Hank, Nico knew that Jesus was speaking of a person being born naturally, but he was a teacher and knew what Jesus was talking about. catholics and campbellites DONT.
the First birth is of Water, the second birth is of the Spirit. those who are Born Again know the difference, those who are not Born Again are unable to comprehend
How many times we have told them that Preston.

If they don't even believe the Bible how are they going to believe us.
they are not only ignorant of God's word they are also arrogant about it.

Being wise in their own eyes they have become fools.
They have harden their hearts against the truth.
Even Christ Himself.
They tell us what the Bible says but don't even believe or know what's in it.
Their doctrine has no logic.
LTM

Sudbury, Canada

#535983 May 8, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
You KNOW that I am an Atheist, and that Atheists don't believe in a god, so the fact that you planted "God bless you" in your post indicates to me "lack of respect."
You can dance around the issue all you like and call me dear ... but I don't trust that you will be honest and up front with me.
I am here to insult all religion and I don't pretend otherwise.
He showed you no respect-------WHAT------- YOU ARE KIDDING RIGHT.

I GUESS YOU FIGURE THIS IS SHOWING PEOPLE RESPECT BY INSULTING THEM.

I am here to insult all religion and I don't pretend otherwise
I
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#535984 May 8, 2014
Did the children of Israel OBEY and "go forward???"

Exodus 14:15

15 And the Lord said unto Moses, Wherefore criest thou unto me? speak unto the children of Israel, that they go forward:

Don't you think that before they went through the water, they were afraid and distraught as they knew they were dead men???

When did they know joy???

When the waters of the Red Sea closed in behind the Israelites....... all they had suffered in Egypt was gone. Joy!!!

A NEW BEGINNING WITH THE LORD"

Now, when is our new beginning???
LTM

Sudbury, Canada

#535985 May 8, 2014
What is the importance of the supremacy of Christ? What is the supremacy of Christ?
Merriam-Webster defines the word supreme as "highest in rank or authority."

Scripture states that God is eternal (without beginning or end) and has reigned as the ultimate authority since before the beginning of the universe (Psalm 93:2). God chose to create the universe for His own glory and enjoyment. His last act of creation was mankind (Genesis 1:27—2:1), whom He made in His own image. The very fact that God is the Creator asserts His role as the Supreme Being—the One with all authority.

God Himself is three Persons in one—the Trinity. Each member of the Trinity shares equally the role of Supreme Being. This includes the Son, the Second Person of the Trinity. Since Jesus is equal to God, He shares in God's supremacy over all of creation.

There are some who believe Jesus was just a "good person," or maybe even a prophet, who lived a righteous life but was not actually God. The Bible clearly refutes this belief. In John 1:1, Scripture says that "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God." The "Word" here refers to Jesus, who "became flesh and dwelt among us" (John 1:14). Jesus Himself stated on more than one occasion that He was equal with God (John 5:17–18; 10:30; 17:5).

Jesus also proved His deity by rising from the dead three days after He was crucified on a cross for our sins (1 Corinthians 15:3-4). Without His resurrection, the Christian faith would be dead.

So, Jesus Christ is supreme over all creation (Colossians 1:15-16), including angels (Hebrews 1:7-8). He is supreme over death (1 Corinthians 15:57). He is supreme over the church, being the Head of the body (Colossians 1:18). "God placed all things under his feet and appointed him to be head over everything for the church" (Ephesians 1:22 NIV).

Knowing that Christ is supreme, how should we live? Very simply, we can trust Him as our Savior. As God, He paid the price for our sins through His sacrifice and resurrection. We can worship Him as our God—He created all things and rules in heaven. And we can serve Him as our Lord. His power, authority, holiness, and love are worthy of all our worship and eternal devotion.

"He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of all creation. For by him all things were created, in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or rulers or authorities—all things were created through him and for him. And he is before all things, and in him all things hold together. And he is the head of the body, the church. He is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead, that in everything he might be preeminent. For in him all the fullness of God was pleased to dwell, and through him to reconcile to himself all things, whether on earth or in heaven, making peace by the blood of his cross."
—Colossians 1:15–20

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#535986 May 8, 2014
Regina wrote:
<quoted text>
I would think it would also be most pleasing to the person in their womb. It seems you've considered everyone but him or her. The most helpless of mankind and you've given preference to "the women" and monkeys.
Knock it off with your phony piety.

if it was Muslim fetuses the only reason you would believe they should be born would be so you could preach at them that if they are not Christian they will spend eternity in hell.

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#535987 May 8, 2014
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Preston....maybe this will help....
Peter speaks of how,“the patience of God kept waiting in the days of Noah, during the construction of the ark, in which a few, that is, eight persons, were brought safely ~~~through the water.~~~
Didn't Noah and his family have a "new beginning" when they stepped out of the ark?
Why?
The past wickedness and sins had been washed away by the flood waters.
When are we released and free from the bondage of our sins???
OT has nothing to do with the Grace of God. what you are trying to do is divert just as Irenaeus did with his prose concerning naaman.

Noah was not saved by the water, he was Saved from it. all but his family died because of the water. you have this episode all backwards. and you are mistaken by saying that Noah was changed (Noah was the first tiller of the soil. He planted a vineyard; and he drank of the wine, and became drunk, and lay uncovered in his tent)after the flood. try and study for yourself and forget about those false teachers in the campbellite cult.

the challenge is still there after 6 years. give me the name of ONE person who was filled with the Holy Ghost who was baptized

Prince George, Canada

#535988 May 8, 2014
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
He showed you no respect-------WHAT------- YOU ARE KIDDING RIGHT.
I GUESS YOU FIGURE THIS IS SHOWING PEOPLE RESPECT BY INSULTING THEM.
I am here to insult all religion and I don't pretend otherwise
I
My point IS I don't pretend that I'm here OTHER to insult those in religion ... ALL religions.

SPOONER was pretending that when he stated "God bless you" to me (an Atheist) he meant NO disrespect.

I don't believe him!

NOW do you get my drift???

Location hidden

#535989 May 8, 2014
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
How many times we have told them that Preston.
If they don't even believe the Bible how are they going to believe us.
they are not only ignorant of God's word they are also arrogant about it.
Being wise in their own eyes they have become fools.
They have harden their hearts against the truth.
Even Christ Himself.
They tell us what the Bible says but don't even believe or know what's in it.
Their doctrine has no logic.
and hank is now trying to use some OT Scriptures to Prove his point. there is ONLY one problem with that, not one person gave His life for them in the OT as Jesus has done for Us today.

catholics and people like hank are insulting the sacrifice that Jesus made so we might have life eternal

Prince George, Canada

#535990 May 8, 2014
Protestants and Catholics daily show total disrespect of each others religions.

Yet when I show disrespect of both religions you criticize me for being disrespectful.

Are you all CRAZY???
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#535992 May 8, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
You KNOW that I am an Atheist, and that Atheists don't believe in a god, so the fact that you planted "God bless you" in your post indicates to me "lack of respect."
You can dance around the issue all you like and call me dear ... but I don't trust that you will be honest and up front with me.
June, you are a pitiful person......

People on this forum should NOT even answer you anymore....

"God Bless You"

"God Bless You"

"God Bless You"

More importantly....

"God Have Mercy On You"

Location hidden

#535993 May 8, 2014
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>and hank is now trying to use some OT Scriptures to Prove his point. there is ONLY one problem with that, not one person gave His life for them in the OT as Jesus has done for Us today.
catholics and people like hank are insulting the sacrifice that Jesus made so we might have life eternal
here is what God says.

And I establish My covenant with you; and all flesh shall never again be cut off by the water of the flood, neither shall there again be a flood to destroy the earth. And God said,“This is the sign of the covenant which I am making between Me and you and every living creature that is with you, for all successive generations; I set My bow in the cloud, and it shall be for a sign of a covenant between Me and the earth. And it shall come about, when I bring a cloud over the earth, that the bow shall be seen in the cloud, and I will remember My covenant, which is between Me and you and every living creature of all flesh; and never again shall the water become a flood to destroy all flesh.(NASB) Genesis 9:11-15

this Word stand as against what Hank is trying to shove on us. the people were cut off BY THE WATER OF THE FLOOD. THE WATER DIDNT SAVE NOAH AND HIS FAMILY, THE ARK DID.
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#535994 May 8, 2014
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, I was speaking to a Christian, thus my use of that frame of reference.
Yes, one's location of birth may determine whom you worship, unless it doesn't. There are Christians and Jews in the midddle east, and muslims in Europe and North America.
....as I stated more often than not, one who is born into a family who is christian, Islam, Jewish, Hindu etc.

...How many catholic families do you know that has a son or daughter who worships Allah, or practices Judaism?......or reverse it. A Jewish family that has a son or daughter who worship Jesus or Allah? Not too many.

.....Family hand me down tradition, dictates more often than not what religion family members will belong to, rather than family members finding a belief of their own that is different than their family.

....Family, and world location where one is born, more often than not, determines who they worship, which is usually determined by the parents.

.....when a christian discusses religion with someone born into a non christian belief, conflicts often occur, based more often than not on what each of their parents inherited from their parents....and so on.

.....on this forum catholics/protestants are often in conflict with each other not based on who they worship, but interpretations as they claim of the same words of God, yet both groups come to different conclusions as to the meanings of the words of God.

....sorry for the long list.

.....Its too bad religion divides us whether we worship the same trinity, or no trinity.

....If there is an all loving God for all of us, religion as we know it, gets in the way of allowing that to happen.

Since: Feb 14

Location hidden

#535995 May 8, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Then you should not have a problem with being Insulted. God Bless You June

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#535996 May 8, 2014
--SPOONER-- wrote:
<quoted text>
That's fine Miss June.
It makes me sad that you would think that for real. I said when I came here that I came in peace and I would leave in peace. That's what I've decided to do, leave in peace.
I only came back after the first day or two just to talk to you, June, because I like you. The thread moves too fast for me to keep up, plus I don't know much about the Catholic Church.
So with that said I wish you all the best In life. I'm glad our lives crossed paths even for a brief moment in time, even if only through the Internet.
I was never untruthful to you Miss June, never. I hope nothing but the best for you Dear.
Goodbye.
You would let one person like June, saying she doesn't trust you, make you leave when others here enjoy your post?

Location hidden

#535997 May 8, 2014
pusherman_ wrote:
<quoted text> Then you should not have a problem with being Insulted. God Bless You June
LOL amen!!

Location hidden

#535998 May 8, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Your worried about Spooners "lack of respect" towards you when you show a HUGE" lack of respect" to Christians. And on a personal note, calling everyone IDIOT is NOT a term of endearment

Location hidden

#535999 May 8, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Knock it off with your phony piety.
if it was Muslim fetuses the only reason you would believe they should be born would be so you could preach at them that if they are not Christian they will spend eternity in hell.
God Bless God Bless God Bless God Bless God Bless God Bless God Bless God Bless.........GOD BLESS YOU JUNE MAY YOU SOMEDAY FIND COMFORT AND PEACE IN THAT DARK HEART OF YOURS......SMOOCHHHHHH AND A BIG BEAR HUG....

Prince George, Canada

#536000 May 8, 2014
pusherman_ wrote:
<quoted text> Then you should not have a problem with being Insulted. God Bless You June
I don't have a problem with being insulted.

I have a problem when people purposely insult me and then pretend they didn't mean TO insult me.

THAT is dishonest.

I insult people on purpose, and don't pretend otherwise.

Prince George, Canada

#536001 May 8, 2014
I insult all people in religions because they prioritize by insulting those in other religions while claiming their own personalized religion is based on truth.

When I was under the spell of religion I never insulted others by stating or even insinuating that I deserved eternal bliss and they deserved to go to the low regions of hell.

I have my limits of how low I will go to insult others.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 5 min Double Fine 830,161
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 13 min WasteWater 3,919
jawan bhanji ki chudai kaise karu (Apr '13) 34 min rajivas 92
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 40 min Neelakaran 6,402
How to get Free Steam games, Steam Wallet codes... (Dec '13) 41 min Anon 93
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 1 hr WasteWater 99,230
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 1 hr curtjester1 40,212
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 1 hr Angel god dr Shrink 611,941
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 12 hr WasteWater 270,839
More from around the web