Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 683790 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Pad

Rockford, IL

#536288 May 10, 2014
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Pad , once conception takes,place, God knows that child in the womb ...sad though it may be ...
Once a,d and c comes into play , it's an ABORTion...a rape victim IMMEDIATELY after, given a morn I Nguyen after oil to PREVENT ovulateon if it HAS,NOT occursd, no egg no baby ...since sperm can be present for days...if you have to SCRAPE something off the uterus , it's been fertilized ...it's a,life if God has,allowed conception to occur ( and THAT is,HIS,CHOICE despite any hormones,God chooses))
I understand Ro Sesz and Regina's question resonated in me,so my reasoning is particularly seasoned by human grief.I work in a field that has to deal with many issues of life,and I have seen women who were raped and suffer terribly,getting pregnant is the last thing they want to happen to them which us only a normal response we would all have. God allowed for polygamy in olden times,but His best for humans was one man marrying one woman,even Jesus commented about that.We humans do things that are often not right on the Mark as it were.Medically speaking there are many things that could be questioned by the Church as it were.

I do understand about contraception and will not make comment to that any longer.

Some things are best left in the Hands of the Almighty!

United States

#536289 May 10, 2014
hojo wrote:
Your comments are just more of the same old Protestant bible only "propaganda " that you "fundies" are so famous for!......... Go argue and debate with your other 1000's upon 1000's and 1000's of other bible only "self appointed" bible interpreting (experts?????) Each one of you have become experts at "waiving your bibles" at each other ---burger flipping one mis-interpretative verse after another and then when you don't get your way or don't agree with your bible verse interpretation, the next step is for each of you to call each other names, such as idiots, imbicellsi, stupid, morons or justbplan belittling each other's faith,......I know the "Bible only interpreting (or better yet mis-interpreting (game) all too well as a former bible only Protestant for over 35 years . You can have it!!......it is ALL yours!!!...I/we as Catholics ALREADY know the Historical and biblically PROOF that has been confirmed over and over again for over 2000 years-----as you "bible onlys" continue to "row around in circles" in your bible only boat of contradiction, confusion,and chaos----with" one oar and no rudder"!---With over 1,2 Catholics worldwide worshipping Jesus Christ (each day) in the "fullness of the faith"---we have no need for your Protestant mass confusion--. We will, however, continue with the remain faithful (as always ) to Jesus and Eucharist in the "Mass" and leave you bible only's with the "confusion". Hope it works out for you?????
-
-
the pope is *his own* "self appointed" bible interpreting (experts?????)" .... and some of them sanctioned the torture and murder of heretics...
-
yes ... they opened up the gates of hell and stepped right in ... and dragged the world's Catholics right down with them ...

Since: Feb 14

Location hidden

#536290 May 10, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
I do not
want you at least say hi?
Regina

Toms River, NJ

#536291 May 10, 2014
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>I understand Ro Sesz and Regina's question resonated in me,so my reasoning is particularly seasoned by human grief.I work in a field that has to deal with many issues of life,and I have seen women who were raped and suffer terribly,getting pregnant is the last thing they want to happen to them which us only a normal response we would all have. God allowed for polygamy in olden times,but His best for humans was one man marrying one woman,even Jesus commented about that.We humans do things that are often not right on the Mark as it were.Medically speaking there are many things that could be questioned by the Church as it were.
I do understand about contraception and will not make comment to that any longer.
Some things are best left in the Hands of the Almighty!
You might find this helpful. I've not verified it, but it appears to be authentic Church teaching. The whole article is worth a read, as this is just an excerpt:

Ethical Treatment After Rape

Therefore, before administering contraceptives to a rape victim, health care providers must ascertain first her medical history (including menstrual history, recent sexual activity, and contraceptive usage). A pregnancy test should be performed. If she is not pregnant but her medical history suggests the possibility that ovulation may have occurred, then health care providers ought to administer a Luteinizing Hormone urine dip test or a progesterone blood level test. These tests would indicate if ovulation has indeed occurred and thereby a child was possibly conceived. If these tests are not available in a timely way or at all, treatment should proceed as long as there is a reasonable doubt that ovulation has occurred.

Here again is a key point. If there is a reasonable certainty that ovulation has not taken place, and there is reasonable certainty that it is not just about to occur,(as would be indicated by a test showing that the Leutinizing Hormone [LH] surge had not occurred) then one may proceed with treatment. If, on other hand, the LH surge has been detected, the "morning after" pill ought not be given, as ovulation is about to occur, is occurring, or has already just occurred. If there is certainty that ovulation has occurred and conception may have taken place, then the child has the right to life and the mother must not risk an abortion from the antifertility drugs.
http://catholiceducation.org/articles/religio...
Ink

Chalfont, PA

#536292 May 10, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
...ReginaM.
.....What is the misunderstanding of the churches wealth?
...The Vatican operates its OWN. BANK!! And currently going through another Scandal this one is about the money laundering by the Vatican bank. You OK with that ReginaM? Money laundering! I know your answer is its all a big mistake. The media is wrong again.(lol)
.....Does General Motors have their own bank? Does Bill Gates have his own bank. Of course not.
......The catholic church started creating and accumulating wealth in medevil times when poor people and the rich answered ONLY to the church. If the poor didn't have money to tithe (10%) the poor in England were instructed to go to the tithing barn and a portion of their planting seeds were taken by the church. The arch bishop of the church lived in a mansion. Lived like a king!! Read the history and learn ReginaM.
....You would have fit right in with the church, if you lived during in medevil times, helping church leaders strip away from the poor.
....Now Pope Francis comes up with a UNIQUE plan..Let's help the poor. I will believe it when the church leaders lead by example.
Unbelievable!
The Vatican is it's own city-state. It issues it's own passports and has it's own bank.

msn.com

The Economist estimates that 57% of the church's U.S. spending went to Catholic health care networks, with an additional 28% to colleges, 6% to day-to-day operations at local parishes and dioceses, and 2.7% to national charities.

The church is also the largest charitable organization in the U.S. Its main group, Catholic Charities USA, along with its subsidiaries, reportedly has a paid staff of more than 65,000 and serves more than 10 million people. The Economist says it distributed nearly $5 billion in aid to the poor in 2010, with nearly two-thirds of those funds coming from state, local and federal government agencies.
Regina

Toms River, NJ

#536293 May 10, 2014
Has anyone told Rose yet that Geraldo Rivera is Jewish?
Dust Storm

Minneapolis, MN

#536294 May 10, 2014
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Non Catholic churches are not exempt from this,either....pastors don't need missions,either, but the extent of the wealth accumulated over centuries, is huge and I think this,is,obvious to Francisco, We SHALL SEE...
Your ignorance is glaring. Its not as huge as think and I use that term loosely with you. Here is a pretty good article for you to ingore, but there are many more points to it than these. You sit in ignorance and judge that which you know nothing about. Have you sold all of your possessions? Why do protestants have buildings? Did Zacheus a wealthy man or or Joseph of Arimithea sell everything? Does a church to be a viable organization need to spend everything that comes in and own nothing to do its work to satisfy you or qualify as a church? Ultimately feeding people fish for a day is not the answer, but teaching them to fish is more beneficial. The art is for all to see, but you would rather it be in homes of elite people who would not share it.

http://caritasetveritas.com/2013/03/the-myth-...
Ink

Chalfont, PA

#536295 May 10, 2014
Gods R Delusions x Mine wrote:
<quoted text>
The timing of your post could not have been more telling.
Again, the One True God would NEVER create an institution and allow it to run off the tracks in such an obvious and hurtful way.
ramen
He created man with man's freewill. Men ran the institution of the tracks and I don't know that His plan was to create another institution. Christ was all about love not institutions.
Regina

Toms River, NJ

#536296 May 10, 2014
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
I understand all that..your Church dies much good, but you people here point out ALL the time each diocest must support itself , thus poor churches close ...those people are heart broken...
Donations, intuition, etc....the work of the faithful .money paid by insurance companies,
All that real estate held by the Vatican, some of it confiscated in the middle ages , the money in the Vatican bank, and not even memorizing the priceltss treasures.....CHRIST said give and he did not say give so my Church has,wealth ...he said exactly the opposire...
He hated the searching the temple...Bishops,in huge homes??? Peter would cry or use a whip..!!!as did Jesus...
If EVEN your own fellow Catholics see this, do you think Francisco doesn't ? What are they saving for ?????what HUGE event do they foresee happening that needs money hoarded away in the Vatican bank...
Did JESUS say he would need it for the beautiful temple that will come from heaven....the chalices and crowns and Jewels , Jesus can make much better or get with a word of His voice if He wants them. HE WILL CROWN THE APOSTLES ....give them thrones ...he does not need the chair of Peter I n Rome.....
Again it's,NIT JUST NON CATHOLICS that see this ...it was on the news last night by two Catholic, devout , men ....after Francisco,word to the UN ...it's,not anti Catholic RHETORIC !!!!!
The Church doesn't just do some nice things, Rose.....she is the largest charitable organization in the world. That takes money, it doesn't happen by itself.

Local parishes have closed mostly due to demographics. I know this has been explained to you in the past, so I have to ask why you just ignore it and plow ahead with the misinformation?

She isn't "saving" for anything. Again, you've ignored the information given to you in the past. It's clear you don't have any idea of what you're talking about, so am still not sure why you continue in this vein.

As for those "devout Catholics"....I'm sorry but lol is really the only appropriate response.
You do know that Geraldo Rivera was raised a Jew, don't you? And Hannity flouts at least one very serious Church teaching. Hardly devout, although I don't doubt that's how he refers to himself. Makes it easier to take in the gullible and certainly aids his agenda.
marge

Leesburg, GA

#536297 May 10, 2014
Regina wrote:
Hannity is or was RC, he did call the pope a hypocrite.
Ink

Chalfont, PA

#536298 May 10, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
You are such a liar.
You know full well that the Catholic church fathers created the illusion that if the Jews did not convert to Christianity, there was no way on earth or in heaven they would pass through the pearly gates.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>
Athanasian Creed
1. Whosoever will be saved, before all things it is necessary that he hold the catholic faith
Why do you put so much faith in the words of mortal men? Jesus was more than mortal. Maybe you would do better to listen to Him.
Dust Storm

Minneapolis, MN

#536299 May 10, 2014
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>The Reformation a true judgment of God against Roman Catholicism brought some truth into the dark AGES as they were called.!
The bigoted windbag blows self righteous hot air again with the widest brush in the world. Queen Elizabeth was merciless, and Luther had no problem with the slaughter of the peasants and since his writings were used extensively by Hitlers regime you remain clueless. Burning churches and splitting up the bounty to supplicate competing royal families was par for the course in Protestantism. The puritan cromwell was a butcher! You have no clue what you are talking about. Further, the plague was blamed on alot of things just as 911 or hurricanes are used by preachers to proclaim they know the answer.

It is unquestionable ... that the champions of Protestantism - Luther, Calvin, Beza, Knox, Cranmer and Ridley -- advocated the right of the civil authorities to punish the 'crime' of heresy ... Rousseau says truly:

The Reformation was intolerant from its cradle, and its authors were universal persecutors ...

Auguste Comte also writes:

The intolerance of Protestantism was certainly not less tyrannical than that with which Catholicism is so much reproached.(Philosophie Positive, IV, 51)

What makes, however, Protestant persecutions specially revolting is the fact that they were absolutely inconsistent with the primary doctrine of Protestantism -- the right of private judgment in matters of religious belief! Nothing can be more illogical than at one moment to assert that one may interpret the Bible to suit himself, and at the next to torture and kill him for having done so!

http://socrates58.blogspot.com/2007/03/protes...
Regina

Toms River, NJ

#536300 May 10, 2014
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
Hannity is or was RC, he did call the pope a hypocrite.
Yes, he is Catholic, but he does flout Church teaching on at least one serious issue, so who knows about the rest. Nevertheless, who is Sean Hannity and why should anyone care what he thinks? He's expressing his opinion and a highly misinformed one from what is being posted on this forum. Unless the two of you are heard what you wanted to hear and took what he said out of context, which is also pretty likely.

A lot of devout Protestants are in favor of same-sex marriage and see nothing wrong with it, so that must mean it's true...Right?
June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#536301 May 10, 2014
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you put so much faith in the words of mortal men? Jesus was more than mortal.
Your Catholic church fathers created the word Jesus. Before humans polluted the earth with ignorance and vanity, there was NO human vocal or written language whatsoever.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>

CatholicCulture.Org

I.C.
Jesus -- first and last letters of his name in Greek, Ihcuc.

http://www.catholicculture.org/culture/librar ...
June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#536302 May 10, 2014
I can just imagine some Greeks speaking the language of what they were certain was "salvation"... "Ihcuc ... PRAISE ye oh Ihcuc. Come master of truth and save us from the wrath of GOD."

Stupidity can't help it's self. It breeds more stupidity!
Regina

Toms River, NJ

#536303 May 10, 2014
What does the Catholic Church mean by the phrase, "Outside the Church there is no salvation" (extra ecclesiam nulla salus)?

Response:

All salvation comes through Jesus Christ, the one Savior of the world (cf. Acts 4:12). His Holy Spirit dispenses those graces through His body, the Church. "He who hears you hears me, and he who rejects you rejects me, and he who rejects me rejects him who sent me" (Lk. 10:16).
http://catholiceducation.org/articles/apologe...
Dust Storm

Minneapolis, MN

#536304 May 10, 2014
Regina wrote:
Everyone knows thats code for Roman Roman Roman Catholic. ;0 Funny how whenever any public figure says or does anything suddenly they are devout representatives and spokesperson for the church. lol
Regina

Toms River, NJ

#536305 May 10, 2014
Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
Everyone knows thats code for Roman Roman Roman Catholic. ;0 Funny how whenever any public figure says or does anything suddenly they are devout representatives and spokesperson for the church. lol
lol....the RRCCCC....God bless Liam!

Yeah, I know, I was thinking the same thing. Devout and speaking for the Church. But you know what that really is (at least in the case of Rivera)? It's stereotyping. He's Hispanic, so he MUST be Catholic. Stereotypes are born from ignorance. Sorry, but it is what it is.

It would really be nice if once, just once, she acknowledged the facts that we present to her. Most of what she purports is not subject to opinion - there are facts surrounding these issues and one can't just plow over them as if they don't exist. Well, and not remain honest.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#536306 May 10, 2014
Chess wrote:
<quoted text>
Hush,'tard.
I'm solving the mystery of the Florence Cathedral:
http://video.pbs.org/video/2365175110/
Slither back under your favorite rock...lying snake
Chess

Columbus, OH

#536307 May 10, 2014
Gods R Delusions x Mine wrote:
<quoted text>
The Bible supports my position. A fetus is not a full person.
I do however strongly differ with your Bible on the position of slavery.
I wish I could go BOO using my one true God to scare or threaten you. But the real God doesn't torture its own creation for all eternity because they disagree with me, or you.
Only a delusional god does that.
Sorry.
ramen
Let me cut through your BS for you.

You posted that the Bible supports your position regarding killing fetuses. To the extent that is true, it also is a collection of ancient texts that supports selling one's children into sexual relationships and the owning of slaves. It sometimes revels in genocide and other war crimes. Your refference to Numbers 31 is a perfect example of that. So the Christian canon's support of your position makes your position immediately suspect in my mind.

More important to me is your claim that abortion is a good thing because you don't "want our cities to look like those in South America, Mexico City especially."

http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/TV910R5...

That claim smacks of eugenics to me, even if it represents self-inflicted eugenics.

And that's rather creepy.

Ramen.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 1 min Frank N Stine 16,265
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 7 min Insults Are Easier 983,108
What Your Church Won't Tell You by Dave and Gar... (Apr '10) 18 min Awesome Facts 33,211
So how exactly did O.J. Simpson pull off a doub... 3 hr common sense 19
the REAL reason for General Motors sales slumps 5 hr Disappointed US V... 7
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 5 hr Born Again Past JW 619,696
I hate Haiti (Jan '10) 12 hr BLACK LIVES DONT ... 108
More from around the web