Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 590518 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON to Save us

#535942 May 8, 2014
--SPOONER-- wrote:
<quoted text>
Not at all Miss June. Why would I do that and what would be the point? If I wanted to irritate you wouldn't I do it more than once a day?
If you say it was meant to irritate you then you're absolutely wrong. The thought never entered my mind. You know better, you've got to. I came here today just to say Hi too you.
I don't even have this on my tracker and hadn't for awhile. It may be ignorance, June, but it's a fact. I thought you kinda liked me, guess not.
RIGHT , lol..She seems to not like any of us...hi there friend . Good to see you
Dan

United States

#535943 May 8, 2014
KayMarie wrote:
who="Dan" <quoted text>
"but for him to say that water baptism {bestows} the Holy Ghost to us is not Biblical accurate, and he should know that. that is not the way that the people in the Bible received the Holy Ghost."
Um, I found this passage from the Bible, and it seems "accurate".
"Matthew 28:18-20:“And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth. Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world. Amen.”
Looks like Jesus thought that baptism conferred the Holy Spirit. Unless, of course, you think that He was in the habit of issuing meaningless commands.
----------
Dan, while it is true that John baptized many, if not all of the disciples, and Jesus commissioned them to teach and baptize in Matt. 28, He afterwards commanded them to wait at Jerusalem until they were empowered by the Holy Ghost, before attempting His work. That did not happen until ten days after Jesus' ascension, and that was when they received the Holy Ghost in the Upper Room (Acts 2.)
Matthew 28 doesn't relate Jesus' command being conditional upon meeting anywhere afterwards.

Same question to you-would Jesus command the Apostles to do something that you believe is essentially ineffectual?

In your opinion, does this vitiate the premise that the Holy Spirit enters us at Baptism?
hojo

Chanhassen, MN

#535944 May 8, 2014
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
You attempt to divide and conquer....as if there is any special authority given to your Roman Catholic religious society
Bible only Protestantism has been " dividing and con----- tradicting each other's interpretation of the bible since the 16th century Reformation!...... If there is any "conquering" involved----it is among EACH one of the 42,200+ hodge-podge of
conflicting denominations that are "constantly" at each other's throats" --calling each other idiots, imbicells, stupid, morons, or just plan belittling each other because "NO ONE" agrees with each other's (paper popes)---"person interpretation" of the bible----There has, is and will ALWAYS remain ---"only ONE Truth and that ONE Truth is menifested and grounded in Jesus Christ and His One a True Apostolic Catholic Church......( not 42,200 contradicting Truths)

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#535945 May 8, 2014
Regina wrote:
<quoted text>
Every Catholic receives the Body, Blood, Soul, and Divinity of Christ when they receive Holy Communion. I'm offered the Chalice at every Mass, including week day Mass.
Not all Churches do that ...I think a good many don't and yes I've seen it with these,old eyes in more than one Catholic Mass ...only the Host ...growing up we never ever got offered the choice and I was into my twentias, so NO , not every Catholic is,offered the Blood of Jesus that is,so important ...sorry Regina, not so

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#535946 May 8, 2014
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
The congragents can partake of the chalice if it's on offer at that Mass.
It simply isn't given in both species all the time.
Christ is sacramentally present under each of the species,
For pastoral reasons this manner of receiving communion has been legitimately established as the most common form in the Roman Catholic Mass.
The reasons are both the ease of distribution of Communion, particularly to large congregations, and the protection of the Precious Blood from profanation. Hosts may be dropped, but they are easily recovered; the consecrated wine, however, is more easily spilled and cannot easily be recovered.
I get the practical reasons, I do .

The nuns in my school used to make the Host, very easy...But it's the BODY OF CHRIST in the Catholic Mass ..they even say it ....why if the BLOOD is salvation ...according to dogma , why does practicality w in out .

Other churches use little cups , just saying ...your priest says BODY OF CHRIST..not Body and blood of Christ, correct???

“TRAIL OF TEARS”

Since: Dec 13

CHEROKEE NATION, USA

#535947 May 8, 2014
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
RIGHT , lol..She seems to not like any of us...hi there friend . Good to see you
Good evening Rose.

I posted a few pages back to you earlier, maybe you missed it. Anyway have a good evening Sweetheart.

Peace too you.
Regina

Toms River, NJ

#535948 May 8, 2014
KayMarie wrote:
who="Regina" Easter is, of course, important. But there is no crown without the cross. No glory without the suffering. And just as modern society tends to sanitise death today by hiding our deceased in sealed coffins at all times (so that most people never behold a dead body) so too is there a tendency to sanitise the horror of Good Friday. To make it a little more nice and less appalling.
That is a danger. There was no neat, clean empty cross at Calvary to sweep our gaze past Good Friday to the wonders of Easter Sunday too quickly. We all of us need to spend more time before the cross, the one with Jesus staring back at us.
http://www.tunbridgewells-ordinariate.com/blo... [
----------
I prefer to see a real LIVING Jesus, knowing that He is no longer on the cross, and knowing that He is always praying for us.
He said that if we wanted to follow Him, we must take up OUR cross, not His. He WAS there, but not any more.
Who among us knows *how* to carry their cross? Who truly has the strength and probably more importantly, the courage? It's Christ who teaches us through His Passion and Death how to do what we need to do to "follow Him".

And I would think it goes without saying that if we cannot bring ourselves to contemplate and adore Christ in the most loving act the world has ever known, then we're in very big trouble.

In Heaven there is no time, no past or future. Everything is eternally present....including the Crucifixion.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#535949 May 8, 2014
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
Afternoon Hank. The verse you just posted above does not say baptism cleanses our consciences, but The blood of Christ. You can see that right?
Marge,

Jesus answered, "Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is ~born of water~ and the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.

Jesus connects being "born again" with being “born of water.”

What does Jesus mean by being "born of water and the Spirit?"
Gods R Delusions x Mine

Orlando, FL

#535950 May 8, 2014
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, I was speaking to a Christian, thus my use of that frame of reference.
Yes, one's location of birth may determine whom you worship, unless it doesn't. There are Christians and Jews in the midddle east, and muslims in Europe and North America.
Not location.

Family tradition -- how you were raised.

That's a fact. If religious, 80% to 90% of the time

Sorry,

Ramen
Dan

United States

#535951 May 8, 2014
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Not all Churches do that ...I think a good many don't and yes I've seen it with these,old eyes in more than one Catholic Mass ...only the Host ...growing up we never ever got offered the choice and I was into my twentias, so NO , not every Catholic is,offered the Blood of Jesus that is,so important ...sorry Regina, not so
Hold on, Ro. What she said is indeed "so".

Christ is present fully in each species. He is fully present under the species of bread, and He is fully present under the species of wine. Regina said as much:

"Regina wrote:
<quoted text>
Every Catholic receives the Body, Blood, Soul, and Divinity of Christ when they receive Holy Communion. I'm offered the Chalice at every Mass, including week day Mass. "

Regina also, obviously, doesn't attend EVERY Church, everywhere. She said "I'm offered....", not "everyone eveywhere is offered".

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#535952 May 8, 2014
Regina wrote:
<quoted text>
It was Christ who redeemed us. The shedding of blood means death of the body.
The Precious Blood still retains the accident of wine, Rose. By the power of the Holy Spirit through a properly ordained priest, it is changed into the Precious Blood of Christ. The change has taken place substantially not elementally, the substance has changed not the species. Therefore, the alcohol content remains. The same is true for the Precious Body, the change is substantial not elemental. I remember being taught this in first grade.
I don't understand why you won't read the links or quotes we provide. There is so much rich theology behind Catholic doctrines that it usually requires more than a one or two sentence answer to your questions. The links will provide you with a much more detailed answer. As it is, even then, there's usually more to it.
I'm not arguing about change, elements, etc....that's not the point of the post.

The point is folks,in most churches,only get the BREAD, BODY ,etc element in communion..and have since I was a kid .....
Dan

United States

#535953 May 8, 2014
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
I get the practical reasons, I do .
The nuns in my school used to make the Host, very easy...But it's the BODY OF CHRIST in the Catholic Mass ..they even say it ....why if the BLOOD is salvation ...according to dogma , why does practicality w in out .
Other churches use little cups , just saying ...your priest says BODY OF CHRIST..not Body and blood of Christ, correct???
Um, the only "dogma" on offer here is that Christ is fully present in the Eucharist. He's not half-present under the species of bread and the other half under the species of wine. He is fully present in EACH.

Yeah, when you receive the Host, they say "the Body of Christ". That's what it is, so that's what they say. When one if offered teh Chalice, they say "the Blood of Christ".

Other churches can use shotglasses if they want. We don't want to run the risk of it being spilled all over the place. I don't know how your Church regards the Eucharist, but if I drop a plastic cup of grape juice, the worst I've done is stained the rug. If I drop the chalice at Mass, I've profaned His Precious Blood.

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#535954 May 8, 2014
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Marge,
Jesus answered, "Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is ~born of water~ and the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.
Jesus connects being "born again" with being “born of water.”
What does Jesus mean by being "born of water and the Spirit?"
Hank, Nico knew that Jesus was speaking of a person being born naturally, but he was a teacher and knew what Jesus was talking about. catholics and campbellites DONT.

the First birth is of Water, the second birth is of the Spirit. those who are Born Again know the difference, those who are not Born Again are unable to comprehend

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#535955 May 8, 2014
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>lol, I proved that mary was ONLY a surrogate mom, the Bible proves that Jesus never told paul to be baptized and that he would receive the Holy Ghost,
and yeah, iggie was a kook and Irenaeus aint that much better than him. when Irenaeus wrote his prose about Naaman, he never wrote a commentary, it was nothing but Prose, meant to tickle the ears of idiots like you Anthony.
going back to mary, her agreeing to carry the messiah agrees completely with the legal description of surrogacy, even if you don't like it.
Jesus was not related to her in any way, shape or form(a body hast thou prepared for me)lol
Preston

Peace

Do you think, Isaiah 11:1...."Then a shoot will spring from the stem of Jesse, And a branch from his roots will bear fruit. 2The Spirit of the LORD will rest on Him, The spirit of wisdom and understanding, The spirit of counsel and strength, The spirit of knowledge and the fear of the LORD." is about Jesus?

If so, then your statement that Mary is a surrogate is illogical. "Jesus was not related to her in any way, shape or form(a body hast thou prepared for me".

A stem growing is not grafted onto Jesse, nor is the shoot. You are saying Jesus was grafted into Mary.

Secondly, you need to research for yourself, the misquote of Paul concerning Hebrews 10:5...A body though hast prepared for me, relative to Psalm 40....The Masoratic text says "ears", not "body".

This might help....

http://www.voiceinwilderness.info/psalm_40.ht...

Peace
Dan

United States

#535956 May 8, 2014
Gods R Delusions x Mine wrote:
<quoted text>
Not location.
Family tradition -- how you were raised.
That's a fact. If religious, 80% to 90% of the time
Sorry,
Ramen
No need to apologize to me.

Michael seemed to think location relevant, as he mentioned it, thus prompting my replay on that subject.

I don't think anyone needs that much affirmation for saying that if your familiy is Catholic?Jewish/Buddhist?musli m, you will likely be as well, do they?
Regina

Toms River, NJ

#535957 May 8, 2014
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
But you should have been taught that you're receiving the entire Body, Blood, Soul, and Divinity of Christ in both species. That was standard teaching in preparation before our First Holy Communion. Even the tiniest speck of a consecrated host or the minutest drop of Precious Blood contains Christ in His entirety. So, yes, every Catholic does receive Christ's Body and Blood.
Dan

United States

#535958 May 8, 2014
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>Hank, Nico knew that Jesus was speaking of a person being born naturally, but he was a teacher and knew what Jesus was talking about. catholics and campbellites DONT.
the First birth is of Water, the second birth is of the Spirit. those who are Born Again know the difference, those who are not Born Again are unable to comprehend
Really?

Jesus taught that one must undergo human birth (i.e. be a living human) to be born again? If you weren't ever born to begin with, sorry Charlie, no "born again"? Who in that audience (those that He was speaking to that weren't actually living humans) ever got that message? How did they get it?

Wasn't He speaking exclusively, always, to those who had already passed "Step One"?

Last question: Do you guys EVER think about what you write?

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#535959 May 8, 2014
--SPOONER-- wrote:
<quoted text>
Good evening Rose.
I posted a few pages back to you earlier, maybe you missed it. Anyway have a good evening Sweetheart.
Peace too you.
Yeah I was hours behind and not scrolling as I do a,lot ....I did post to you but again glad to see you here ...God bless brother

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#535960 May 8, 2014
Regina wrote:
<quoted text>
But you should have been taught that you're receiving the entire Body, Blood, Soul, and Divinity of Christ in both species. That was standard teaching in preparation before our First Holy Communion. Even the tiniest speck of a consecrated host or the minutest drop of Precious Blood contains Christ in His entirety. So, yes, every Catholic does receive Christ's Body and Blood.
SO WHY does the priest say , the body of Christ as he gives out the Host.....it's , in Catholicism, the body evidently ....according to what he says....he says the BLOOD of Christ for the CHALICE which only he consumes..

Doesn't change anything in the RCC, but in conservation it seems contradictory ....

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#535961 May 8, 2014
Ugh battery almost gone cya laters

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 5 min Lumatrix 839,516
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 16 min lovewithin 40,510
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 36 min Jac 100,038
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 36 min dollarsbill 4,507
*** All Time Favorite Songs *** (Dec '10) 42 min razz58 2,413
gay bottom in gurgaon (May '14) 56 min apg 111
How to do a threesome!! 1 hr TPedro 1
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 2 hr Jingle Clown 271,375
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 8 hr Just Wondering 612,201
More from around the web