Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 679389 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

LTM

Pembroke, Canada

#536082 May 9, 2014
Regina wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you read Dan's reply? Because it is Jesus' Body and it is Jesus' Blood. But that doesn't mean that He's split in two.....half in one species and half in the other.
And, again, it's not only the priest who partakes of the chalice, at least not always. Many parishes do offer it.
It's such a mystery, Rose, we can only talk about it in terms of what we know, what has been revealed to us. That the consecrated bread and wine are truly the Body and Blood of Jesus is one of the few things in this world that you can bet your life on.
Did you just refer to Jesus as two different species Regina???

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#536083 May 9, 2014
I suggest the Christian members of the Ku Klux Klan were certain from over-dosing on their biblical scriptures that Jesus was also a white supremacist.
>>>>>>> >>

History of the United States … by Charles A. Beard and Mary R. Beard. The Macmillan Company 1923.

The Restoration of White Supremacy.

In both political parties and economics, the process of reconstruction in the South was slow and arduous. The first battle in the political contest for white supremacy was won outside the halls of legislatures and the courts of law. It waged in the main by secret organizations, among which the Ku Klux Klan and the White Camelia were the most prominent. The first of these societies appeared in Tennessee in 1866 and held its first convention the following year. It was in origin a social club. According to its announcement, its objects were “to protect the weak, the innocent, and the defenseless from indignities, wrongs, and outrages of the lawless, the violent, and the brutal;

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#536084 May 9, 2014
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Now, now Preston......Marge's soul is important to God too.....
don't think for a minute that my words to her and about her causes me to stand on shaky ground.

The words of the wicked are to lie in wait for blood: but the mouth of the upright shall deliver them.

The wicked is snared by the transgression of his/her lips: but the just shall come out of trouble.

Do you see someone who speaks in haste?

There is more hope for a fool than for them.

The way of the wicked is an abomination unto the LORD:

Prince George, Canada

#536085 May 9, 2014
concerned in Brasil wrote:
<quoted text>
I wrote
Again I don't judge one man's eternal destiny that is God's right he made us I am only part of his creation.
Of course you judge!

You believe that salvation is yours and eternal hell is for others.

If you didn't believe that, your religion would be of no USE to you.

Prince George, Canada

#536086 May 9, 2014
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>don't think for a minute that my words to her and about her causes me to stand on shaky ground.
The words of the wicked are to lie in wait for blood: but the mouth of the upright shall deliver them.
The wicked is snared by the transgression of his/her lips: but the just shall come out of trouble.
Do you see someone who speaks in haste?
There is more hope for a fool than for them.
The way of the wicked is an abomination unto the LORD:
I suggest you try using those scriptures against your self and see how it feels to you.

Prince George, Canada

#536087 May 9, 2014
To commit their atrocities in the name of GOD, the members of the Klan hid their faces, so as not to be recognized.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>>

History of the United States … by Charles A. Beard and Mary R. Beard. The Macmillan Company 1923.

Frequently violence was employed either officially or unofficially by members of the Klan. Tar and feathers were freely applied; the whip was sometimes laid on unmercifully, and occasionally a brutal murder was committed. Often the members were fired upon from bushes or behind trees, and swift retaliation followed. So alarming did the clashes become that in 1870 Congress forbade interference with electors or going in disguise for the purpose of obstructing the exercise of the rights enjoyed under federal law.
Gods R Delusions x Mine

Orlando, FL

#536088 May 9, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
It's difficult to believe, but the Ku Klux Klan started out as a group of men who were determined that they knew how to guide others on a holy path.
Those men were extremely religious Christians.
I suggest you keep that in mind as you try to dictate to women that they can't have abortions.
The backlash of trying to create a so-called heaven on earth has ended in nothing but chaos, time after time, as the fanatics in all the varying religions believed they had the answer to create "perfection" on earth.
You might not perceive that you are comparable to a member of the ku klux klan ... but you can't see your selves from the outside in, as others see you.
The CC Bible supports slavery.

The Protestants were too dumb to understand and adopted it as their own.

The KKK was just following the CC Bible.

These people need some morals.

My God is moral.

Ramen
Gods R Delusions x Mine

Orlando, FL

#536089 May 9, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course you judge!
You believe that salvation is yours and eternal hell is for others.
If you didn't believe that, your religion would be of no USE to you.
It's like god is a fool and can't see his smugness.

"I am just saying that bad things could happen if.... "

A true God can see into one's heart. That poster and others like he couldn't fool a 12 year old.

They FEAR my one true GOD of reason, morality, and logic.

They FEAR Junith too.

Ramen

Prince George, Canada

#536090 May 9, 2014
Black people (then referred to as Negros) had the right to vote, but were terrified TO vote, as the white Klan members were waiting to kill them ... all with the approval of Jesus ... of COURSE!

They believed it, so it must have been true ... sarcasm intended.
Chess

Columbus, OH

#536091 May 9, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
No ... the fetus has no rights. That is why abortion is not referred to as murder as once was the case.
Those who made the laws knew from past experience that women who are determined to have abortions don't follow man-created laws. The law-makers finally realized that in order to save the lives of the women that were being infected, mutilated and were dying in droves from botched abortions, that they had to allow legalized abortion.
I'm sure it was not an easy choice for the law-makers, but common sense prevailed. They could not save any fetuses, but they could by opening clinics save most of the women.
Incorrect.

A fetus, under US law, or more precisely, under the law of many jurisdictions in the US, may be murdered.

Constitutionally, in many -- most -- cases, a woman carry a fetus may abort it without legal penalty because of the decision in Roe v. Wade. But Roe v. Wade is limited. It does not apply to most late term abortions and it does not apply to killing a fetus even in the early term without the mother's consent.

So, whether a fetus has been murdered under US law depends on who killed it and when in the pregnancy it was killed and in what state or territory, though so-called partial birth abortion is federally prohibited throughout the US by a 2003 law upheld by the US Supreme Court in Gonzales v. Carhart. I have not bothered to see whether that procedure could result in murder charges at the federal level, but it could at the state level, depending on the state.

So a fetus can be "murdered" under US law. California has such a law and the state at least considered applying it to the infamous Scott Peterson, who murdered his wife, Laci, who was pregnant with his unborn son. Had they done so, it would have qualified Peterson for the death penalty. I assume they didn't do so, since he ended up merely with life in the big house. But other states have successfully prosecuted such cases.

In the words of Justice Kennedy in Carhart, "The government may use its voice and its regulatory authority to show its profound respect for the life within the woman."

Rarely are rights absolute. Rights often abut competing rights and interests, and a rational government will balance these rights and interests.

But regardless of what the law permits and prohibits, I find abortion as a means of after-the-fact birth control reprehensible. Perhaps it should be legal, but in most cases, it shouldn't be done.

Prince George, Canada

#536092 May 9, 2014
Gods R Delusions x Mine wrote:
<quoted text>
The CC Bible supports slavery.
The Protestants were too dumb to understand and adopted it as their own.
The KKK was just following the CC Bible.
These people need some morals.
My God is moral.
Ramen
I suggest you don't forget that the Protestants were the first Christians to run governments in America, and they were the ones to bring ship-loads of black slaves TO America.

Members of the Ku Klux Klan were Protestants.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >

Though most members of the KKK saw themselves in holding to American values and Christian morality,... Its appeal was directed exclusively at white Protestants.

https://www.google.ca/#q=ku+klux+klan+protest...

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#536093 May 9, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I suggest you try using those scriptures against your self and see how it feels to you.
unlike marge, I would even eat with you. of course it has to be at Golden Corral and YOU pay, and on Shrimp day. no exceptions.

Prince George, Canada

#536094 May 9, 2014
Chess wrote:
<quoted text>
Incorrect.
A fetus, under US law, or more precisely, under the law of many jurisdictions in the US, may be murdered.
Constitutionally, in many -- most -- cases, a woman carry a fetus may abort it without legal penalty because of the decision in Roe v. Wade. But Roe v. Wade is limited. It does not apply to most late term abortions and it does not apply to killing a fetus even in the early term without the mother's consent.
So, whether a fetus has been murdered under US law depends on who killed it and when in the pregnancy it was killed and in what state or territory, though so-called partial birth abortion is federally prohibited throughout the US by a 2003 law upheld by the US Supreme Court in Gonzales v. Carhart. I have not bothered to see whether that procedure could result in murder charges at the federal level, but it could at the state level, depending on the state.
So a fetus can be "murdered" under US law. California has such a law and the state at least considered applying it to the infamous Scott Peterson, who murdered his wife, Laci, who was pregnant with his unborn son. Had they done so, it would have qualified Peterson for the death penalty. I assume they didn't do so, since he ended up merely with life in the big house. But other states have successfully prosecuted such cases.
In the words of Justice Kennedy in Carhart, "The government may use its voice and its regulatory authority to show its profound respect for the life within the woman."
Rarely are rights absolute. Rights often abut competing rights and interests, and a rational government will balance these rights and interests.
But regardless of what the law permits and prohibits, I find abortion as a means of after-the-fact birth control reprehensible. Perhaps it should be legal, but in most cases, it shouldn't be done.
Unless the courts begin granting "personhood" to a fetus, abortion cannot be considered murder.

Prince George, Canada

#536095 May 9, 2014
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>unlike marge, I would even eat with you. of course it has to be at Golden Corral and YOU pay, and on Shrimp day. no exceptions.
I think Marge would eat with me too. But both of you would never believe that I am worthy of being in heaven. On that you both would agree.

:)

Since: Jul 08

Columbus, OH

#536096 May 9, 2014
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>unlike marge, I would even eat with you. of course it has to be at Golden Corral and YOU pay, and on Shrimp day. no exceptions.
I wouldn't eat at the Golden Coral if my life depended on it.

Though, in the Coral's defense, I'd pay good money to see June choking down their tuna surprise.

Columbus, OH

#536097 May 9, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Unless the courts begin granting "personhood" to a fetus, abortion cannot be considered murder.
You weren't paying attention, huh?

Prince George, Canada

#536098 May 9, 2014
Gods R Delusions x Mine wrote:
<quoted text>
It's like god is a fool and can't see his smugness.
Well wouldn't you be SMUG if you created such a friggen mess???

If Ramen was at all humble, he would say "I messed up REAL BAD, and 'I' deserve to spend eternity in hell with the devil."

But because you hope and pray that he loves you, you don't put any limits on his out of control emotions and activities.

Ramen is YOUR imaginary spoiled brat of a god.

Prince George, Canada

#536099 May 9, 2014
The idea that Protestants and Catholics would be members of the Ku Klux Klan is way off the mark of common sense.

They would have killed each other as heretics before the sun set on the first day ... such was their love of each other's brand of Christianity.

Prince George, Canada

#536100 May 9, 2014
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
I wouldn't eat at the Golden Coral if my life depended on it.
Though, in the Coral's defense, I'd pay good money to see June choking down their tuna surprise.
With a large portion of the deadly puffer fish added, I am sure.

Columbus, OH

#536101 May 9, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
With a large portion of the deadly puffer fish added, I am sure.
It'd be a nice touch.

But for $5.95, one can only expect so much.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 16 min River Tam 445,845
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 56 min River Tam 2,905
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 1 hr Jake999 46,227
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 1 hr UidiotRACEMAKEWOR... 119,382
News Pieces of pig placed on plot of future mosque i... 4 hr discocrisco 1
News Fort Hood Anti-Muslim Backlash Immediate (Nov '09) 4 hr falsefaiths 11,286
Satin is my god (Mar '08) 4 hr Trump Worshiper 2,228
More from around the web