Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 646454 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#535227 May 6, 2014
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text> not my opinions but others is what I seek to compare them with my own
The opinions that you seek are the only ones that will satisfy you.

By the way ... do you believe you have EVIL in YOU???

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#535228 May 6, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
You might if he threatened to kill you if you dared to leave him.
Many women have found their selves in that desperate position.
It doesn't pay to predict what you would do ahead of time, as life has a way of making fools out of braggarts.
Been there.... done that......

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#535229 May 6, 2014
I must start my work now...see you all tonight...God Bless

Prince George, Canada

#535230 May 6, 2014
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>agree....and I wouldn't go to a GYN doctor for an eye exam lol
As a Christian would you go to a god of the Jews and expect to be saved???

tongue in cheek
Regina

Toms River, NJ

#535231 May 6, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
The opinions that you seek are the only ones that will satisfy you.
By the way ... do you believe you have EVIL in YOU???
June, she already said that she, like everyone else, isn't perfect. We all sin, even you!
The key is to keep trying not to, no matter how many times we fail.

Prince George, Canada

#535232 May 6, 2014
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text> Been there.... done that......
I don't believe you.

Had you been in a relationship where you had been beaten down physically and emotionally, you wouldn't have such a haughty attitude.

You are a classic braggart ... huffing and puffing as you go.

Prince George, Canada

#535233 May 6, 2014
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text> yep...doubt if he would and it would be up to them not me. and frankly I don't care
So being that you believe that a Jewish Rabbi would not abandon his Jews to join the Christian religion ... do you reckon for believing that way that Christians "deserve" salvation???

I notice you say "God bless" to others. Do you practice Judaism as the fullness of YOUR faith???

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#535234 May 6, 2014
http://news.yahoo.com/un-vatican-sex-abuse-co...

Check this one out. This article, and one about the Pope scolding American nuns is in Yahoo news today.

KM
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#535235 May 6, 2014
Regina wrote:
<quoted text>
It doesn't bother me. I simply wondered why it's such a hot topic with you since you go ballistic about it all the time.
I don't know what the limits are on the number of times. It's quite a long and involved process, usually about a year. Nothing like what "Chuck" said; he's just being spiteful. There's a lot of misunderstanding surrounding it, even among Catholics. That's one of the reasons why I told you that one doesn't have to seek an annulment as long as they don't remarry.
Why do you and your catholics friends think former catholics make stuff up? Is it because you still buy into their heresy??

My wife got an annulment about 20 years ago at Immaculate Conception. No sweetheart not a year but 4 or 5 counseling sessions and then he ask for the $500.

It happened, deal with it. Imagine if we had to pay God to make our sin right again.

Prince George, Canada

#535236 May 6, 2014
Regina wrote:
<quoted text>
June, she already said that she, like everyone else, isn't perfect. We all sin, even you!
The key is to keep trying not to, no matter how many times we fail.
I asked her if she sees evil in others, if she is willing to acknowledge that she also could have evil in her self.

Now, I'll ask you this question.

Just suppose that Jesus did live and stayed faithful to Judaism as his only duty and agenda. Would that mean that you are evil for claiming that he abandoned the Jews to favor only Christians???

Prince George, Canada

#535237 May 6, 2014
Seraphima wrote:
I must start my work now...see you all tonight...God Bless
Every time the questions get "sticky" you mysteriously have "to go to work." And the next time you "appear" you forgot to answer the questions, but come with a new "Christian" sermon riding HIGH on the mount of your ego.
Regina

Toms River, NJ

#535238 May 6, 2014
confrinting with the word wrote:
http://news.yahoo.com/un-vatic an-sex-abuse-compared-torture- 150408881.html
Check this one out. This article, and one about the Pope scolding American nuns is in Yahoo news today.
KM
The UN also said that denying women abortions is considered torture. I wouldn't put much store in anything the UN says anymore.

Prince George, Canada

#535239 May 6, 2014
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you and your catholics friends think former catholics make stuff up?
Get a LOAD of the following dissention in the Catholic RANKS.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>

Three popes reigning at one time.

From the book,“History of Christianity,” by Clyde L. Manschreck … comes the following

With two popes reigning during the Great Schism, each anathematizing the other, many voices cried for reform, among them Conrad of Geinhausen, Heinrich of Langenstein, Peter of Ailli, John Gerson, and Nicholas of Clemanges. The agitation for a reforming council became so great that the cardinals of both Popes finally issued a call in Piza in 409. Neither the Pope of Avignon nor the one at Rome attended. Pisa declared both of them deposed, and elected Alexander V to be Pope. But the Popes at Avignon and Rome refused to be deposed, so that Christendom was faced with the spectacle of three Popes. The situation was intolerable.

Prince George, Canada

#535240 May 6, 2014
When mortal human animals preach that they know the future, I suggest that their lies deserve to be exposed.
Regina

Toms River, NJ

#535241 May 6, 2014
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you and your catholics friends think former catholics make stuff up? Is it because you still buy into their heresy??
My wife got an annulment about 20 years ago at Immaculate Conception. No sweetheart not a year but 4 or 5 counseling sessions and then he ask for the $500.
It happened, deal with it. Imagine if we had to pay God to make our sin right again.
Sure, when pigs fly. Then she should have contacted the Bishop because what he did is not valid in the Catholic Church. Deal with it. Sweetheart.

“Evolved hunter/gatherer”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#535242 May 6, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Every time the questions get "sticky" you mysteriously have "to go to work." And the next time you "appear" you forgot to answer the questions, but come with a new "Christian" sermon riding HIGH on the mount of your ego.
There ya go again. Assuming and projecting.
Regina

Toms River, NJ

#535243 May 6, 2014
KM
UN Report Classifies Lack Of Access to Abortion as "Torture"

United Nations special rapporteur on torture and other cruel, inhumane or degrading treatment or punishment, Juan E. Méndez, came out with his yearly report on torture last month. This year's report "focuses on certain forms of abuses in health-care settings that may cross a threshold of mistreatment that is tantamount to torture or cruel, inhuman or degrading treatment or punishment." Among other things, Méndez specifically cites lack of access to abortion.
http://www.policymic.com/articles/30925/un-re...

Prince George, Canada

#535244 May 6, 2014
If suffering had never existed there would be no reason whatsoever for humans to try to explain why humans and all other forms of life suffer.

And THAT is a fact.

Religion came from human mentalities through fear of suffering and it still thrives on fear of suffering, which extended from suffering on earth to supposedly explaining how the creator in a hereafter plans to reject some to hell and reward others with eternal bliss.

STUPID, STUPID humans.

If a creator created suffering, then I suggest there will BE NO eternal bliss, as the creator enjoys suffering, as long as it is not HIS suffering.

Religion is BUNK!
Regina

Toms River, NJ

#535245 May 6, 2014
KM
U.N. report: Bans on abortion are 'torture'

Denying a woman access to an otherwise legal abortion is “tantamount to torture,” claims a designated United Nations expert in an official report to the international body.
Read more at http://www.wnd.com/2013/03/u-n-report-bans-on...

~~~~~~~~~~

So where's the outrage all you "Christians"?? I don't hear a peep out of you. Why aren't you posting this and 'checking it out"?? Hmmmm?? KayMarie???
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#535246 May 6, 2014
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text> Wrong...Christ Church was there from the very beginning...not Catholicism...The catholic word meaning Universal NOT Catholicism
With all sincerity, I hope things are going ok for you.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 6 min Exorcist 48,324
What attracts white women to black men? (Mar '07) 13 min mana92mo 11,533
American Soldiers - Duty, Honor, Country (Jun '11) 15 min DENG 38,748
Things poping up while i was sitting on my dads... (Jun '11) 25 min Suckcockluver 65
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 31 min Bongo 971,615
first gay experience? (Sep '14) 1 hr Gravywizard54 30
Play "end of the word" part 2 (Dec '15) 1 hr KellyP_Onuandher 2,021
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 1 hr Freebird USA 182,639
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 3 hr RiccardoFire 44,652
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 12 hr Annaleigh 105,560
More from around the web