Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 687346 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#535203 May 6, 2014
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Sere, how are things going, think about you a lot.
Spring up here in the north does not want to come, its cold and wet .
My husband is finishing off the deck , I did plant some stuff bought so flowers .
Trying to get into the spring mood anyway, I got them hanging in the house its so cold out still LOL.
Hope you are doing well Sere, God be with you . Love in Christ.
Thank you LTM God Bless you also. It is still chilly where I live but Spring is around the corner. I got a lot of things that need to be done and staying busy is a huge help to me.Thank you for you love..
June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#535204 May 6, 2014
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text> No human is perfect...and I don't pretend to be.
You didn't answer my question.

June VanDerMark wrote:

<quoted text>
Are you willing to admit that when you are convinced others have evil in them, that you could have evil in you and not be aware of the evil???

Location hidden

#535205 May 6, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
..,.there are many catholics living horrible lives because their spouse is abusive or a drunk, or they have nothing in common, but continue on ltogether because the embarrassment of a catholic getting a divorce actually out weighs the terrible life they are currently living......and many fear offending God.
.....the catholic church is nothing more than a control factory, and that is why you will never see catholic posters criticize their own church leaders when they do wrong. They fear questioning.
Well, I will be the first to say that I stay with No Man that abuses me. I was Blessed that when I found Nick he was a very kind and loving man.May His Memory Be Eternal!!!
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#535206 May 6, 2014
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text> Confession is good for the soul
Are you willing to confess that a Jewish Rabbi (faithful to Judaism) would in all probability not abandon his Jews to join a Christian religion???

Location hidden

#535207 May 6, 2014
Gods R Delusions x Mine wrote:
<quoted text>
All semantics.
My best friend got an annulment after almost 20 years of marriage and 3 children. I had no idea they were never married.
Word games can fool some gods, but not mine.
Ramen
If they were never married, then what happens to the children? Do they disappear?

“Evolved hunter/gatherer”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#535208 May 6, 2014
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text> No human is perfect...and I don't pretend to be.
Human or perfect?
Michael

Canada

#535209 May 6, 2014
[QUOTE who="ReginaM."]<q uoted text>
I should have also added that just because someone applies for an annulment doesn't mean that they'll be granted one. A lot of people are under the impression that it's automatic; it isn't.[/QUOTE]

ReginaM.

....Our Sunday visitor the roman catholics largest weekly catholic publication indicates there were only 338 annulments in america in 1968. In the 1990s there were 60,000 catholic annulments.

...Its all about the money and the fear of losing Catholics. What better way to keep them happy, give them what they want.

,..,I bring the news catholics don't seem to be aware of.

...studies, statistics and BREAKING NEWS.......when it happens!!! Monitored 24 hours a day..
hojo

Waconia, MN

#535210 May 6, 2014
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
We were there before 120 AD. The Christian church predates the Roman church.
Just wondering " Which bible interpreting version were bible only fundamentalists using in 120 AD??-----KJV , Revised Standard-----???
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#535211 May 6, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
...Just one persons opinion.
...... If everyone thought like you they would all join up. 83% of the world isn't catholic and the fact is the majority of catholics were born into the belief.
....people like yourself joining up are very rare in the big picture of vast majority becoming catholics from the cradle.
The Protestants that I studied that chose to join the Catholic religion, are those who fall for the dogma that only through Catholicism can they find the "fullness" of the Christian faith.

Other Protestants however believe that the Catholics were and are liars, and that "they" in turn have found the fullness of the faith.

Many JWs are positive that their mentalities are aligned to the first Christians that they believe were the essence of pure holiness and had received divine messages straight from Jehovah. Yet they refer to their selves as Christians.

Those are the games people in religion desire to play with their own psyches.

Location hidden

#535212 May 6, 2014
Regina wrote:
<quoted text>
It doesn't bother me. I simply wondered why it's such a hot topic with you since you go ballistic about it all the time.
I don't know what the limits are on the number of times. It's quite a long and involved process, usually about a year. Nothing like what "Chuck" said; he's just being spiteful. There's a lot of misunderstanding surrounding it, even among Catholics. That's one of the reasons why I told you that one doesn't have to seek an annulment as long as they don't remarry.
Not a " hot topic" with me at all.....Just looking for the facts...

Location hidden

#535213 May 6, 2014
--SPOONER-- wrote:
<quoted text>
Good morning Sera.
I hope the day finds you well.
God Bless.
Good Morning to you also Spooner. Thank you very much. I also hope your day is a good one for you!! God Bless....

Location hidden

#535214 May 6, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
ReginaM.
....Our Sunday visitor the roman catholics largest weekly catholic publication indicates there were only 338 annulments in america in 1968. In the 1990s there were 60,000 catholic annulments.
...Its all about the money and the fear of losing Catholics. What better way to keep them happy, give them what they want.
...studies, statistics and BREAKING NEWS.......when it happens!!! Monitored 24 hours a day..
could you please post your source....I would like to read this...
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#535215 May 6, 2014
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text> Well, I will be the first to say that I stay with No Man that abuses me.
You might if he threatened to kill you if you dared to leave him.

Many women have found their selves in that desperate position.

It doesn't pay to predict what you would do ahead of time, as life has a way of making fools out of braggarts.
Regina

Toms River, NJ

#535216 May 6, 2014
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text> If they were never married, then what happens to the children? Do they disappear?
The children are perfectly legitimate. The couple's legal marriage is recognized. The Church annulment was granted based on the fact that the marriage was found not to be sacramental. The legal dissolution of the marriage took place in the civil courts, not the Church. It would be best to ask any questions of those who know the faith rather than those who have no clue what the teachings of the Church are. That's why there's so much misinformation floating around.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#535217 May 6, 2014
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text> Not a " hot topic" with me at all.....Just looking for the facts...
FACTS ... or reflections of your own opinions???

Location hidden

#535218 May 6, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
You didn't answer my question.
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you willing to admit that when you are convinced others have evil in them, that you could have evil in you and not be aware of the evil???
I did answer your question...No human is perfect and I don't pretend to be .....that's my answer
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#535219 May 6, 2014
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Just wondering " Which bible interpreting version were bible only fundamentalists using in 120 AD??-----KJV , Revised Standard-----???
Until new lies were compiled in the new testament in the fourth century, many devout suckers relied on the lies in the old testament.
Regina

Toms River, NJ

#535220 May 6, 2014
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text> Not a " hot topic" with me at all.....Just looking for the facts...
I would be happy to provide them to the best of my ability. All I ask is that you seek information from not only practicing Catholics, but those who actually know the faith. Unfortunately, there are too many practicing Catholics who don't know. To ask someone on this board who is obviously not practicing and it isn't even certain that they ever were Catholic in spite of what they say, is a very bad idea. I wouldn't go to a pharmacist for information about my sewing machine, ya know?

Location hidden

#535221 May 6, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you willing to confess that a Jewish Rabbi (faithful to Judaism) would in all probability not abandon his Jews to join a Christian religion???
yep...doubt if he would and it would be up to them not me. and frankly I don't care
Regina

Toms River, NJ

#535222 May 6, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
ReginaM.
Strawman. Even if that figure is correct, it still doesn't mean that annulments are granted automatically. I know of people who have been denied.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 3 min swampmudd 31,247
Little Jojo 1 hr KoKos Sassy 1
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 hr dotard tracker 987,376
Why Won't The Government Help Against Select Po... (Aug '12) 3 hr Frustrated 268
Most Criminals Are DEMOCRATS! 7 hr Jimmy D Cricket 2
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 8 hr Not Govt Controll... 286,595
-----*ANTICHRIST on world stage----- 10 hr NewsGlobal 1
More from around the web