Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 685491 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#534772 May 5, 2014
concerned in Brasil wrote:
Quotes above from the following.
16. Catechism of the Catholic Church (New York: Doubleday Image, 1995), paragraphs 490-
492. The Catechism comes in numerous editions and languages. Because it has numbered
paragraphs, statements can be accurately located in spite of the variety of editions.
17. William Webster, The Church of Rome at the Bar of History, pp. 72-77, op. cit.
18. Catechism of the Catholic Church, paragraphs 411, 493.
19. Catechism of the Catholic Church, paragraphs 496-511.
20. William Webster, The Church of Rome at the Bar of History, pp.79-80, op. cit.
21. Catechism of the Catholic Church, paragraphs 963, 971, 2677.
22. Catechism of the Catholic Church, paragraphs 963, 975.
23. Catechism of the Catholic Church, paragraphs 966, 974.
24. William Webster, The Church of Rome at the Bar of History, pp. 81-85, op. cit.
25. Catechism of the Catholic Church, paragraphs 968-970, 2677.
26. Catechism of the Catholic Church, paragraphs 966.
27. Catechism of the Catholic Church, paragraphs 971, 2675.
Nice try Brazil Nut. Except your argument falls flat on its face when one admits the fact that ALL of the ancient Churches, the Eastern Orthodox, the Oriental Churches, etc., believe and teach Mary was Ever-virgin, Mary is the the Mother of God, she intercedes from heaven on our behalf. They ALSO believe as the Latins on baptism, the Eucharist as the body and blood of Christ, confession, confirmation, Holy Orders, apostolic succession, last rites, communion of saints, reject sola scriptura, reject faith alone, reject the 66 book canon, etc.

How can this be if the "RCC" made it all up after the schism? Lol.

William Webster? What a joke. He even admits this about baptism:

"The doctrine of baptism is one of the few teachings within Roman Catholicism for which it can be said that there is a universal consent of the Fathers....From the early days of the Church, baptism was universally perceived as the means of receiving four basic gifts: the remission of sins, deliverance from death, regeneration, and the bestowal of the Holy Spirit." (Webster, page 95-96)

Since your buddy Webster admits this, it's obvious you DON'T believe as the Church Fathers, or maybe you will finally find the courage to give me the name of ONE father who you believe was an evangelical fundamentalist who shared your beliefs?
Michael

Canada

#534773 May 5, 2014
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
I have "little regard" for liberal pollster hacks" who target their own specific liberal groups ( by telephone surveys) in order to arrive at the liberal conclusions that they want !!!.... The Catholic Church is growing, and expanding world wide at a faster rate greater than in the 1960's in all areas ---- attendance at Sunday AND daily Mass, in the Seminaries which are overflowing iwith new vocations to the priesthood in the majority of the dioceses of throughout the United
States and worldwide . In the convents we see the same story in which the majority of these convent of new vocational sisters are up by 80% ALL wearing habits and ALL in dedication to the Jesus Christ and the magesterium of the Catholic Church.
(lol). You NEVER give stats you just get defensive and make assumptions based on wishful thinking.

....Tell us the latest conservative numbers of how many practicing catholics are n america?

..... Most of my statistics are based on information from american bishops conferences that are reported by Pew research center and Cara the TWO most notable religion statistic gathering organizations.

....Are you claiming you disagree with the bishops?

...You have no statistics. You are just a blowhard with no substance.

....and as usual your reply will be defensive with nothing to back it up.

...Big talker with nothing to show for it.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#534774 May 5, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
(lol). You NEVER give stats you just get defensive and make assumptions based on wishful thinking.
....Tell us the latest conservative numbers of how many practicing catholics are n america?
..... Most of my statistics are based on information from american bishops conferences that are reported by Pew research center and Cara the TWO most notable religion statistic gathering organizations.
So your agenda then is to use the statistics of non-practicing Catholics in the USA as your justification for rejecting the Catholic faith.

Your too easy Mikey.
Michael

Canada

#534775 May 5, 2014
.....Hojo says the total number of nuns in america is growing Hahahah!
...1965 there were 180,000 nuns in america and Most wore their habit..
...2012 there were 57,500 nuns in america MOST do not wear habits.
..2013 there were 52,000 nuns in america, 46,000 of those under investigation by the Vatican. Average age of american nuns 70.
...Where are your numbers to back up your false claims?
Your just a big talker with no numbers and no credibility. Yes there are a handful of women who have entered some convents, but with the average age of 70 they are dying at a much faster rate than new ones joining.
....Within a few years there will be less than 10,000, where just two generations before there were 18 times that number.
....Most new priests in america are imported from foreign countries as new american recruits aren't even coming close with those who die of old age, disease and those that quit and move on.
....Where are you numbers Mr big talker? I don't have any Michael.
BUSTED!!....again...(lol)
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#534776 May 5, 2014
Michael wrote:
..2013 there were 52,000 nuns in america, 46,000 of those under investigation by the Vatican. Average age of american nuns 70.
Your just a big talker with no numbers and no credibility. Yes there are a handful of women who have entered some convents, but with the average age of 70 they are dying at a much faster rate than new ones joining.
....Within a few years there will be less than 10,000, where just two generations before there were 18 times that number.
....Most new priests in america are imported from foreign countries as new american recruits aren't even coming close with those who die of old age, disease and those that quit and move on.
"in america""in america""in america""in america""in america""in america""in america""in america""in america""in america"........

Abortion on demand, rampant divorce, gay marriage, God not allowed in schools, a president and congress who pushes it...maybe we should all just give up and throw in the towel like you?
Gods R Delusions x Mine

Orlando, FL

#534777 May 5, 2014
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
1.) To teach His message on Earth until His return.
2.) I have no idea of God's opinion on the matter
3.) He hasn't told me yet.
"
Teach the message? That's it?

No other purpose? And no way to measure success either?

Not as profound as I had thought. But thanks for the reply.

Ramen
Gods R Delusions x Mine

Orlando, FL

#534778 May 5, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
"in america""in america""in america""in america""in america""in america""in america""in america""in america""in america"........
Abortion on demand, rampant divorce, gay marriage, God not allowed in schools, a president and congress who pushes it...maybe we should all just give up and throw in the towel like you?
One reason god isn't allowed in schools was because of court cases brought by Catholics.

Do you know why?

And who did most Catholics vote for in the last Pres election?

Maybe you aren't a "true" Catholic after all?

Maybe you are a Pastafarian and don't know it yet?
June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#534779 May 5, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
...Anyone could have written books and claimed they were inspired by god.
It was and still is, how theologians in all religions passed their time.
Dan

United States

#534780 May 5, 2014
Gods R Delusions x Mine wrote:
<quoted text>
Teach the message? That's it?
No other purpose? And no way to measure success either?
Not as profound as I had thought. But thanks for the reply.
Ramen
That's it. That's all He said.

The Church has been around doing it for 2000 years. I don't know if one would call that a measurement of "success" or not, but it's something.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#534781 May 5, 2014
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
YOUR RIGHT Michael THEY COULD, BUT WOULD EVERYTHING THAT THEY PROPHECY COME TRUE.
They prophesied terrible suffering would come to the people for falling away from God's will.

And so, every terrible happening on earth was perceived as being the will of an angry malevolent God

Jerry Falwell claimed that 9-11 occurred because God was angry at homosexuals and women who had abortions ... of all the idiocy. It occurred because some Muslims wanted to show the world that the Americans were NOT untouchable.

FEAR ... and more FEAR started religion, and FEAR keeps religion ongoing.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#534782 May 5, 2014
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
TO ATTEMPT TO COMPARE ROMAN CATHOLICISM WITH CHRISTIANITY IS
INAPPROPRIATE....
Without the Catholic new testament first starting the idiocy of Christianity, you would have no KJV to use to in turn preach your own flaming idiocy.
hojo

Waconia, MN

#534783 May 5, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
Over 2000 years of the TRUTH of TRUE Church history documented by they"overwhelming majority of accredited historians, writers and authors along with the TRUE interpretation of the bible from the Early Church Fathers in 382,393 and 397AD confirms EVERYTHING that the Catholic Church believes and teaches........I don,t need to rely upon your (modern-days) anti-catholic " liberally loaded" statistics that keeps your "Catholic bashing" hostility ( heated up ) day after day. which is about the "only thing" that you obviously "have going" in your life, Michael.........You seem to forget!---YOU---and your agnostic (nothingness) along with atheist June and the bible only Protestants, came on this forum "looking for a fight " in a premeditated
vengeance to "attack the TRUTH of the Gospel of Jesus Christ and His One True Apotolic Catholic Church. I repeat --- you would NEVER find one Catholic (NOT ONE) going on a Protestant, Atheist or Agnostic forum to argue or rip ( ANY) of you!!----WHY????------We don't need to!!!!----It is a "waist of time!!--------Because we already know ( without a doubt) that the Fullness of the TRUTH and the fullness of the FAITH has, is and will always be grounded and manifested in Jesus Christ and in HIS Catholic Church--------It's been Proven to be TRUE over and over and over again for over 2000 years!----You need to find "another hobby" Michael ! try alligator wrestling with June!----
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#534785 May 5, 2014
Michael wrote:
Hey Mikey, if the trend was reversed, would that mean you'd be a practicing Catholic today? Lol.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#534786 May 5, 2014
pusherman_ wrote:
<quoted text> They Betrayed the Savior under Roman Influence. Now I wonder who the Real One getting Persecuted was? They call it Apologetic's, arguing in Defense. I wonder what they call it in Persecution? Crucifying the Innocent?
Do you believe that the savior Krishna was and is REAL and also was betrayed and crucified and is expected by the Hindus to come and save them???

If you don't believe that myth, then I suggest you should not be offended when I don't believe your treasured Jesus-myth.

The story of Crishna and the story of Jesus are almost identical, expect for the names, and the Crishna myth came long before the Jesus-myth.

The Catholics were simply copy-cats.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#534787 May 5, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
.......Big talker with nothing to show for it.
I suggest that if pope Francis today admitted that the authors of the new testament were probably not inspired by GOD, hojo would keep on preaching the Catholic dogma as being based on absolute truth.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/e...

"THE hierarchy of the Roman Catholic Church has published a teaching document instructing the faithful that some parts of the Bible are not actually true...

... The Catholic bishops of England, Wales and Scotland are warning their five million worshippers, as well as any others drawn to the study of scripture, that they should not expect “total accuracy” from the Bible...

... The document shows how far the Catholic Church has come since the 17th century, when Galileo was condemned as a heretic for flouting a near-universal belief in the divine inspiration of the Bible by advocating the Copernican view of the solar system. Only a century ago, Pope Pius X condemned Modernist Catholic scholars who adapted historical-critical methods of analysing ancient literature to the Bible ...

... They say the Church must offer the gospel in ways “appropriate to changing times, intelligible and attractive to our contemporaries”.

... Such an approach is dangerous, for example, when people of one nation or group see in the Bible a mandate for their own superiority, and even consider themselves permitted by the Bible to use violence against others.”

Since: Feb 14

Location hidden

#534788 May 5, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you believe that the savior Krishna was and is REAL and also was betrayed and crucified and is expected by the Hindus to come and save them???
If you don't believe that myth, then I suggest you should not be offended when I don't believe your treasured Jesus-myth.
The story of Crishna and the story of Jesus are almost identical, expect for the names, and the Crishna myth came long before the Jesus-myth.
The Catholics were simply copy-cats.
I am not offended. you were talking about the Jews tho, that's why I replyed, but yet again you've thrown some other shyt into the picture that had nothing to do with the Jews and Jesus, which is what was being discussed.. not hindus or krishna. I suggest if you wanna ask about krishna then direct a question toward that and stop comparing everything to Jesus..
Anthony MN

Champlin, MN

#534789 May 5, 2014
Gods R Delusions x Mine wrote:
<quoted text>
One reason god isn't allowed in schools was because of court cases brought by Catholics.
Do you know why?
And who did most Catholics vote for in the last Pres election?
Maybe you aren't a "true" Catholic after all?
Maybe you are a Pastafarian and don't know it yet?
No I don't know why, I'm sure you'll clue me in.

"most Catholics", yes, the non-practicing kind Mikey is so proud of.

Please explain me what the ramen noodle considers a "true" Catholic. Thanks.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#534790 May 5, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
And you have a problem with progress???

I suggest if you had control of government homosexuals would once again be burned at the stake as god-offenders, when actually it is YOU who is homophobic and wants to use your bible as a support FOR your own homophobia.

As is Confrinting with the word ... you are see-through!
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#534791 May 5, 2014
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
That's it. That's all He said.
The Church has been around doing it for 2000 years. I don't know if one would call that a measurement of "success" or not, but it's something.
It IS something to use words in a bible to harm other people ... but what IS it???

That is the question.

Over two hundred death penalties were imposed on innocent humans by those who used the bible as their scapegoat to murder in the claims that GOD was offended by human behavior.

SHAMEFUL ignorance!!!
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#534792 May 5, 2014
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Over 2000 years of the TRUTH of TRUE Church history documented by they"overwhelming majority of accredited historians,----
After you became a Catholic historian, you turned on your own Protestants as liars.

You committed the same atrocity as did the "mythical" Jesus.

First he was a Jewish Rabbi, and then when he became a Christian, he referred to his own Jews as LIARS.

At least that is what the Christians would like us ALL to believe.

Mental JUNK!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 1 min Elerby 24,833
Dog was hit by a car. Who is responsible for what? 7 min Some Advice 4
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 38 min Robert F 985,590
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 49 min Here For Now 619,750
2510 Cantrell Road Walmart's FRIED CHICKEN is a... 1 hr Doctor REALITY 1
News GOP not interested in health care for us 1 hr Bug 2
Boone County/Petersburg Distillery workers in B... 4 hr Boone County Bourbon 1
More from around the web