Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 603438 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#534378 May 3, 2014
Many humans went insane because of religion.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >

ROME SWEET HOME by Scott and Kimberly Hahn … our journey to Catholicism

The Bible was my only consolation. But I began to be concerned about even picking up the Scriptures, because Scott kept telling me that the Bible said something different from what I thought. Scott claimed the Bible had led him to the Catholic Faith. But the Bible was the basis of my faith.

Prince George, Canada

#534379 May 3, 2014
confrinting with the word wrote:
I never said that 'others' were not qualified
You are lying.

If you really believed others were qualified to know truth, you wouldn't preach at all. You would shut your mouth and your bible so as not to disturb the peace.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#534380 May 3, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
It surely IS in the Catechism. But you wouldn't know it because you refuse to read it and would rather lie about it.
It reads "HEARETH the word of the kingdom". And it says "Whoever listens to you listens to me. Whoever rejects you rejects me. And whoever rejects me rejects the one who sent me."
It doesn't say "READETH the word in my abridged version and decideth on my own what it means, rejecting the opinions of all the Christians who cameth before me" like your bible must read.
~~~

WHY IS IT

THAT ALL YOU CULTS

HAVE TO HAVE ANOTHER BOOK

BESIDES THE BIBLE?

You Roman Catholics have YOUR Catechism...

the Mormons have their Book of Mormons..

the J W'S have their watch tower...

God said about HIS WORD...

Isa_55:11 So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it.

WHY DO YOU VOID IT WITH YOUR FABLES AND CONJECTURE....MAKING GOD OUT A LIAR

BLATANTLY DOING WHAT HE FORBIDS...

ARROGANTLY DEMONSTRATING THAT YOU KNOW MORE THAN GOD DOES..

WITH YOUR CRUCIFIXES...Rubbing Jesus' nose in the shame

that He despised.

Heb_12:2 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith;

who for the joy that was set before him

endured the cross,

(NOTE)
despising the shame, and

is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

Prince George, Canada

#534381 May 3, 2014
who="June VanDerMark" <quoted text>
God used a DONKEY as His messenger when Balaam needed instruction. He used pagan kings to discipline His people when they got off of the 'path'. He is not limited by your 'knowledge', OR the lack of it.
KayMarie
Again you perceive by your self-indulged style of preaching that YOU are WISE and I am dumb.

I am at least wise enough to know that I am dumb to mysteries. You haven't learned that very important lesson as of yet.

And as long as you keep on preaching pride-filled theological JUNK ... you WON'T learn that lesson.

Prince George, Canada

#534382 May 3, 2014
So Scott used the KJV to lead him to the Catholic faith.

Amazing HUH???

When a person is determined to go a certain direction, he/she will find a way.
concerned in Brasil

Europe

#534383 May 3, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Blessing to you too Kay.
The gospel which this refers to was the spoken word. It wasn't confined to a book at the time, and it never has been confined to a book. And even after the written scriptures were completed, it never was up to each man's private interpretation. Sorry.
But it was written done and was scripture int he Early Church in the 1st and 2nd Centuries and this was some 900+ years before the RCC came to be, as she is today.

#534384 May 3, 2014
[who="LTM" Preston a Confrinting Mr. and Mrs. for prayers for a man named Jerry.
Jerry is one of the catholic orphanage kids from Nova Scotia; he has spent years fighting the demons left over from that place.
He was very badly abused from age 5 till he was of legal age to leave on his own.
He still has terrible flash backs as you can imagine.
He really needs some prayer, the place he was going to church, one of the Pastors told him that God has cursed him, and that is why he is like he is.
Jerry was place in the orphanage by his Mom on the advice of a priest, when his Dad died,( he has a younger brother ) the priest told her it would be to hard for her to look after 2 boys on her own.
She never even went to see him after that, Jerry spent all his life wonder what he did bad, that his Mom didn't want him.
I know this man personally me an my husband, he loves the Lord very much.
When a Pastor tells him God cursed Him , he has gone in a tail spin and near killed himself.
Thank you , anyone else please join the prayers together .

----------
Please tell your friend that Jesus came to save him from the curse. As He trusts the Lord, the curse (if it exists) will have no power over him. His fear of a supposed curse can cause him much suffering.

His mother listened to the wrong advice...thinking it to have come from a holy source. Mothers have 'looked after' several children after having been widowed. Children often blame themselves when parents divorce, or leave them for other reasons. I have two adopted children, who often asked the question, "Why didn't she want ME?"

In time, they realized that WE wanted them, and we are a family. We don't know what those women faced, or why they gave up their children, so we do not judge them. I would advise him to consider that his mother may have had fears that he knows nothing about; perhaps her fears were valid. For his mental and emotional health, he needs to forgive her.

Php 4:6 Be careful (anxious) for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God.
Php 4:7 And THE PEACE OF GOD, which passes all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

Jesus said that He gave us HIS peace. Paul told us to LET THE PEACE OF GOD RULE IN YOUR HEARTS. He cannot change the past, but he CAN let the peace of God change his future.

KayMarie
concerned in Brasil

Europe

#534385 May 3, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
"In your own link that you posted which has books listed in the footnotes which I own they are with its in the Millions over 400+ years.
I have posted over and over again Credible historians who give irrefutable evidence for the 40+ million figure"
No they don't say say 40 million. No, you've never posted on credible historian who says it's 40 million. You're part of the lunatic fringe.
Yes, 3 different competing protestant sects WITHIN 500 YARDS OF EACH OTHER on one street in my town. There are at least 8 within a 5 mile radius of my home. There are at least 20 in the whole city, and many more if you count the group that holds court in the abandoned 7-Eleven and the numerous "home churches" springing up everywhere. All bible alone. All claiming to have the authority to privately judge scripture. All with separate pastors/pastettes. All refusing to unite under one roof. All refusing to accept the authority of the other group. Sad. Tragic. Not biblical.
You saying I have not posted the evidence only makes you look even more disingenuous keep digging sunshine

I did not say you links said 40+ million my credible sources say its 40+ the books you listed many say its in the millions.

But again little piggie is greased up even more.

HOW Anthony can anyone rightful assert the RCC is the one true church and be sane in light of the Fact via Papal bull and decree, making inquisition Dogma a normative practice of summary execution, torture, displacement of people groups and the confiscation of Assets to fill Romes Coffers all for the said purpose of conversion of non-believers and to make heretics recant for over 400+ years affirmed by 42 popes and the RCC even formed a new branch of Priests to carry all this out.

You never address the fact the emperor has no clothes you just keep your head in the sand
Posting hear say that no one can verify and making up and changing your story when the glaring errors are challenged.

Sad for you as your eternal destination weighs in the balance
Anthony MN

Saint Paul, MN

#534386 May 3, 2014
who="Anthony MN" <quoted text>
Sola scriptura ("Bible alone")
... The "unhappy divisions", not only between sect and sect but within the same sect, have become a byword. They are due to the pride of private intellect, and they can only be healed by humble submission to a Divine authority.
http://www.newadvent.org/cathen/12495a.htm
----------
Bible students have much to learn, but the Holy Spirit is a patient Teacher. It's worth is found in the fact that those who depend on The Word alone, are depending on a TRULY DIVINE AUTHORITY, not a man, or group of men, who declare that THEY are divine.
KayMarie
Don't throw your little barb "who declare that THEY are divine" as though any pope or bishop believes that.

Your husband insists that he speaks for God when he pastes scripture passages and adds his commentary to it. He's a "man". Why does he (and presumably you) think the Holy Spirit guides him and not the millions of other protestant ministers who disagree with him?

The reason is: "pride of private intellect".

Blessings

#534387 May 3, 2014
[who="Anthony MN" <quoted text>
Blessing to you too Kay.
The gospel which this refers to was the spoken word. It wasn't confined to a book at the time, and it never has been confined to a book. And even after the written scriptures were completed, it never was up to each man's private interpretation. Sorry.

----------
Of course the gospel is not confined to a book, Anthony...but it is contained in The Book for our instruction. Doesn't the Book enjoin us to PREACH THE GOSPEL?(What gospel? The one in the Bible, of course.) And the same book says that: Rom 10:17 "So then FAITH comes by hearing,(the preaching of the gospel) and hearing by the word of God."

Many have tried to burn or otherwise destroy the Bible, because it is the source of The Word.

KayMarie

Prince George, Canada

#534388 May 3, 2014
<quoted text>
~~~
WHY IS IT
THAT ALL YOU CULTS
HAVE TO HAVE ANOTHER BOOK
BESIDES THE BIBLE?
Hilarious that you don't see your KJV stemmed from Catholicism.
Gods R Delusions x Mine

Orlando, FL

#534389 May 3, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
Religion is NOT good.
I don't believe in evil, but if I did I would say that it WAS EVIL that infiltrated the mentalities of theologians.
To teach people to fight and kill each other over claiming to know truth is plain WRONG!!!
I believe evil does exist.

I agree that faith with "to kill for" dogma is proven by all reason to be 100% wrong.

That is why I have the one true God. My faith is based on reason and knowledge, a truth with proof. My God has never intentionally harmed any of its own creation.

Ramen

#534390 May 3, 2014
[who="LTM" Preston a Confrinting Mr. and Mrs. for prayers for a man named Jerry.
Jerry is one of the catholic orphanage kids from Nova Scotia; he has spent years fighting the demons left over from that place.
He was very badly abused from age 5 till he was of legal age to leave on his own.
He still has terrible flash backs as you can imagine.
He really needs some prayer, the place he was going to church, one of the Pastors told him that God has cursed him, and that is why he is like he is.
Jerry was place in the orphanage by his Mom on the advice of a priest, when his Dad died,( he has a younger brother ) the priest told her it would be to hard for her to look after 2 boys on her own.
She never even went to see him after that, Jerry spent all his life wonder what he did bad, that his Mom didn't want him.
I know this man personally me an my husband, he loves the Lord very much.
When a Pastor tells him God cursed Him , he has gone in a tail spin and near killed himself.
Thank you , anyone else please join the prayers together .

~~~

PLEASE POINT OUT THE FACT...

THAT JESUS TOOK

-->THE CHASTISEMENT FOR HIS PEACE <--

ON CALVARY'S CROSS.

Isa 53:5 But he was wounded for our transgressions,

he was bruised for our iniquities:

(NOTE)
the chastisement of our peace was upon him;

and

with his stripes we are healed....

ALSO THAT A CURSE UNDESERVED/CAUSELESS WILL NOT LIGHT UPON HIM...

Pro_26:2 As the bird by wandering,

as the swallow by flying,

so the curse causeless

shall not come.

Off time ignorant priest and preachers can do more damage that good

when they give personal opinions instead of asking/seeking... the HOLY

SPIRIT for guidence...

hojo

Chanhassen, MN

#534391 May 3, 2014
<quoted text>
~~~
WHY IS IT
THAT ALL YOU CULTS
Cults are (self-appointed, self-made----man-made) religions and denominations that initially started over 450 years ago at the beginning of the Protestant Reformation in the 16th century......EVERY ONE of your 'bible only (self-interpreting) denominations" are man-made, beginning with Martin Luther and now in the 21st century with Confrinitingism, Oxbowism, OldJGism and on and on until we now have (over 42,000+ contradicting cults ---that are-"man-made interpreted cults!!!!.... For over 35 years,.the fact is that, I was "brainwashed" into falsely believing that the Catholic Church was a cult---until I finally realized after extensively reading (True) Apostolic Church History from the first 1500 years of the ONLY Church that Jesus Christ established, initiated and formed,.... that my own Lutheran (Protestant) Religious denomination was IN FACT a cult (invented by Luther)-----and was"man-made just like EVERY Protestant bible only denominations-- in fact-- IS!....... Over 2000 years ago, Jesus Christ HIMSELF initiated and started HIS One and (only) True Apostolic (Universal) Church and it was Catholic beginning with His first Church at Antioch (Acts 2). There only ONE TRUTH,(not) 42,000+ inconsistent truths,.......and that TRUTH, has, is and will always be manifested in Jesus Christ (Himself) in and through His One TRUE Apostolic Catholic Church--the Bride of Christ!!!.......
Gods R Delusions x Mine

Orlando, FL

#534392 May 3, 2014
The earth is 6732 years old.

The Great Flood was an accident.

My God's intelligent design theories have every right to be taught next to Genesis in all public schools.

Yes, the stars are for signs, but unlike the hyper-emotional god of Genesis, my God is well-behaved and sets a good example for the children.

Ramen

#534393 May 3, 2014
That is exactly what your cult-leaders taught you to believe about not only me, but about Catholics, and those in all other religions.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>
From the book-Cults—by Lowell D. Streiker. Published 1983.
To the self-appointed messiah, the world outside of the group is evil—hostile, materialistic, unspiritual, depraved—in sum, godless. The founder perceives and represents the outside world to his disciple as the enemy waiting to be conquered by God, the domain of Satan eager to destroy the works of God. The leader sends forth his people as God’s shock troops, his beach head, his invasion force.

----------
Yes, June; you've been played by satan himself. It's pretty duncy to read the reports every day of children raped and murdered; Christians tortured and martyred, robbing and violence...HUMAN BEINGS DEPRAVED BY EVIL, and then declare that the world is not influenced by the 'evil one'.

God could wipe out all evil at once, but He would have to destroy people (all of us have some 'evil' in us), but He is giving man a chance to decide which side he is on.

Where will YOU be on that day???

KayMarie

KayMarie

#534394 May 3, 2014
who="June VanDerMark" Religion is NOT good.
I don't believe in evil, but if I did I would say that it WAS EVIL that infiltrated the mentalities of theologians.
To teach people to fight and kill each other over claiming to know truth is plain WRONG!!!

----------
Jesus didn't teach Christians to kill anyone. He told us to love our enemies; to do unto others as we want them to do to us.

Cults teach their followers to kill, and such things as the Inquisition and the Crusade's were perpetrated by cultists...even if they called themselves 'Christian'.

KayMarie

#534395 May 3, 2014
You are lying.
If you really believed others were qualified to know truth, you wouldn't preach at all. You would shut your mouth and your bible so as not to disturb the peace.

----------
Touch a nerve :???

KM

#534397 May 3, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't throw your little barb "who declare that THEY are divine" as though any pope or bishop believes that.
Your husband insists that he speaks for God when he pastes scripture passages and adds his commentary to it. He's a "man". Why does he (and presumably you) think the Holy Spirit guides him and not the millions of other protestant ministers who disagree with him?
Blessings
~~~
You should spend you time attempting to measure up to GOD'S WORD..

INSTEAD OF ATTEMPTING TO MEASURE OTHERS BY YOUR OPINIONS ...

YOU ROMAN CATHOLICS REFUSE TO BRING YOUR FABLES/CONJECTURE TO THE LIGHT AND SEE IF THEY ARE WROUGHT OF GOD....

..YOU ARE EVIDENTLY DEAD TO THE TRUTH...

YOU LOVE DARKNESS ...

Joh 3:19 And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil.

Joh 3:20 For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, neither cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved.

Joh 3:21 But he that doeth truth cometh to the light, that his deeds may be made manifest, that they are wrought in God...

If you Roman Catholic's would

PREACH/TEACH

GOD'S WORD instead of conjecture

TRUTH in stead fiction.

LOVE instead of condemnation,

FELLOWSHIP with the SAINTS instead and exclusiveness,,,,

A BORN AGAIN EXPERIENCE instead of works..

FAITH instead of fables..

LIGHT instead of darkness..

HOLINESS instead of pomp and pride...

JESUS instead of the Roman Catholic Church.

AS THE ORIGINAL CHURCH DID..

There would have been no need for the reformation to began with

as for your Constantine religious society....your deeds are evil..

#534398 May 3, 2014
[who="Anthony MN" <quoted text>
Blessings

----------
Anthony...do you really mean to say that popes and bishops are not considered to be divine?
The CC declares the pope to be the Vicar of Christ...His representative on earth...HOW could you say that he is not thought to be divine?

My husband will speak for himself; that's not my job.

The Holy Spirit DOES speak to men, Jesus said that when He (the Holy Spirit) is come, HE WILL GUIDE YOU IN ALL TRUTH. He was speaking to all of His followers...even a group of women who followed Him.

...and the twelve were with him,
Luk 8:2 And certain women, which had been healed of evil spirits and infirmities, Mary called Magdalene, out of whom went seven devils,
Luk 8:3 And Joanna the wife of Chuza Herod's steward, and Susanna, and many others, which ministered unto him of their substance.

Read carefully, and you will find that these women followed Him to Jerusalem, to the cross, to the tomb...and they were present in Acts II...receiving the baptism of the Holy Ghost.

Many Protestant ministers of other groups than mine hear from the Holy Spirit, and move in the power of the Holy Spirit. I enjoy their preaching.(We are not as divided as you believe.) They are A LL men, and subject to the failings of men. Scripture declares that "a righteous man will fall seven times TO PURIFY HIM. It also declares that "when you see a man taken in a fault, you which are spiritual should restore him IN A SPIRIT OF MEEKNESS, considering that you, too, might fall into temptation.

KayMarie

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 9 min Hidingfromyou 880,177
*** All Time Favorite Songs *** (Dec '10) 20 min Halle Berry Sister 2,862
Difference between white masons and black masons (Apr '08) 35 min Illustrious 347
Tamil vs Kannada. Which one is the oldest langu... (Oct '12) 50 min Neelakaran 1,869
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 55 min Neelakaran 7,646
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 1 hr dollarsbill 8,287
2003 Silverado 2500HD REDUCED ENGINE POWER (Dec '09) 1 hr Denny 142
The Christian Atheist debate 2 hr too lazy to log in 3,982
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 8 hr gentlepplpleaser 177,894
More from around the web