Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 560,441
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story
Dan

Omaha, NE

#534214 May 2, 2014
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>did the Scripture say that Ananias was to Ordain Paul? yes or No?
Did Jesus tell Ananias to Baptize Paul? yes or No?
did Jesus tell Ananias to lay hands on Paul so he might receive the Holy Ghost? yes or no?
does the bible say that the ONLY way to receive the Holy Ghost was to lay hands on someone? Yes or No.
Please use only the Bible to Prove me wrong, if you or Anthony can.
Already did, backed up with the PhD thing.
Anthony MN

Andover, MN

#534215 May 2, 2014
concerned in Brasil wrote:
<quoted text>
So you know by driving by they don't have joint outreaches together.
My fellowship does, my Pastor meets with all the pastors in my community once a month for inter faith planning and prayer, our community Alliance Lutherans Baptists and Calvary Chapel run an Inter faith food bank and Interfaith dollar store for the poor, My Mother gets together with the ladies from these fellowships once a month and they cook frozen meals to give to the elderly who can't cook anymore, there interfaith men's and women's prayer groups.
Really no specific needs, one could focus on the Elderly house bound, another for drug dependencies, another sending and funding missionaries to Latin America the list is endless but maybe the evangelicals are so full of the Spirit and brought a bit of heaven to your neck of the woods you should just say thank YOU LORD for real Christians.
But you don't know do you as you drove by read three signs and thought you knew it all welllll sorry to say that is classic Pharisee JUDGE JUDGE JUDGE with out knowing.\
I am still waiting for you to prove you blood stained sect is the one.
maybe concentrate on that for a while you will look less of the fool you are.
All of these things could easily be accomplished under one roof. I know because our Church carries out several different missions.

I know personally folks in each community. They are not kumbyah as you suggest. The believe differently.

Why won't they worship and fellowship together. Why don't they have one pastor or pastors who preach in all three?

They believe differently, that's why. But how is that possible when the have the same bible?
Dan

Omaha, NE

#534216 May 2, 2014
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>any person who adds to what is written or said by Jesus is a Kook or an idiot in my book.
Ananias and Williams are wrong to do so. if people have to lie and add to His Word, they basically are saying that His words aren't enough and that man has to reinforce them by their own words.
and only catholics or their apologists have to add to those words or disregard what he says altogether.
Williams tries to bring his brand of Pentecost into the arms of Catholicism, something completely different than what GIF would accept or believe. as myself and GIF both know that satan will try and counterfeit the Works of God and I believe that is where Williams fits into
Keep 'em coming.

I love being proven out over and over.

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#534217 May 2, 2014
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Why-was that also false?
OK-I;ll ask, since you insist.
Who paid the "pagan theologians" (whoever that would be)?
Hey, answer my questions. or are they above your intelligence level?
marge

Ames, IA

#534218 May 2, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
They didn't post scripture verses, they were all variations on "hearing the word of God" in their building on Sundays. Why does there need to be 3 different and obviously competing denominations 1 block from each other when they could all easily fit into one? I know for a fact that two of them would reject the teaching of one of he pastors, but they're all bible alone. How can that be?
I understand your confusion, before I was Saved the two churches I attended both preached The True Good News Gospel but only after I was Saved could I know this, thus your conundrum.

I'd say get Saved first, then find those you want to worship with and serve God with, once your Saved you can check their teachings with the Bible.

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#534219 May 2, 2014
I don't know why the Christians are so angry at their savior being put to death, when they believe he never died but now thrives in spirit-form ... which all Christians claim is a much better place to live.

You Christians should be thankful that Jesus was put to death as you believe he now lives in heaven and doesn't have to get in the middle of the religious fights back on earth.

tongue in cheek
marge

Ames, IA

#534220 May 2, 2014
'subterfuge', Is Nancy Pelosi your hero Anthony, lol.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#534221 May 2, 2014
atemcowboy wrote:
here dan from catholics sources and the blogger agrees with me.lol especially since that is what the bible says.
Date: May 31, 2005
Religion: Catholic
Default Re: Paul an Apostle?
----------
I think part of the answer to this question is to understand the term "Apostle". I think for most of us when we hear or read the word apostle we automatically think of one of the "12" apostles, that is, the 12 men choosen by Christ himself and who were present throughout his ministry, were present at the "Last Supper" and received from "Christ" the great commission as found in Matthew 28: 16 - 20 - an this includes Matthias as well.
It is upon the "12" that the "Apostolic Tradition" is rooted.
But the question has to do with Paul and his ordination as an "Apostle" and whose authority was equal to the "12". As was suggested Paul was ordained by Ananias but this is a misunderstanding of Ananias' actions and Paul's commission.
First, Ananias laid hands on Paul to heal Paul not to ordain him. In Acts 9: 10 - 12 we read Christ directing Ananias to go to Paul to heal him.
Ananias could not ordain Paul to be an "Apostle" on par with the "12" because this "ordination" or "commission" could only come Christ Jesus Himself. The "12" again received this ordination for Jesus directly (Mt 28: 16 - 20) and we read of Paul's direct commission from Jesus Christ in Acts 9 (1 Cor 9 :1).
http://forums.catholic.com/showthread.php...
VERY SURPRISED THAT A CATHOLIC CAN READ AND THINK FOR HIMSELF
Um, nope-that's a "message board" and you're quoting an anonymous poster, Neither you nor I have any idea who the poster is or if he/she is or isn't Catholic.

Not a legitimate source.

Quelle surprise.

Prince George, Canada

#534222 May 2, 2014
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Why-was that also false?
OK-I;ll ask, since you insist.
Who paid the "pagan theologians" (whoever that would be)?
The Pagan leaders that controlled governments.
Anthony MN

Andover, MN

#534223 May 2, 2014
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
I understand your confusion, before I was Saved the two churches I attended both preached The True Good News Gospel but only after I was Saved could I know this, thus your conundrum.
I'd say get Saved first, then find those you want to worship with and serve God with, once your Saved you can check their teachings with the Bible.
Not confused about my salvation in the least, I got saved the bible way.

But these folks also say they're saved just like you, and just like you they're bible only, yet they refuse to worship together because they disagree on what the bible says. His can this be?

Prince George, Canada

#534224 May 2, 2014
Roman Paganism

The origins of Roman Religion

Most of the Roman gods and goddesses were a blend of several religious influences. Many were introduced via the Greek colonies of southern Italy. Many also had their roots in old religions of the Etruscans or Latin tribes.

http://www.roman-empire.net/religion/religion...
Anthony MN

Andover, MN

#534225 May 2, 2014
marge wrote:
'subterfuge', Is Nancy Pelosi your hero Anthony, lol.
No. She's as phony as you are. Why does Preston say satan is your hero? Don't you both claim to be born again Christians? How can two bible alone "spirit" filled protestants be so sure of each other's destruction?
marge

Ames, IA

#534226 May 2, 2014
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Keep 'em coming.
I love being proven out over and over.
If there was one thing I would want you big dummies to know (not cowboy this time), is that.

ONLY JESUS CAN SAVE YOU!

Location hidden

#534227 May 2, 2014
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Already did, backed up with the PhD thing.
I proved that you are a liar by catholic sources.

Reply Ľ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
2 hrs ago

here dan from catholics sources and the blogger agrees with me.lol especially since that is what the bible says.

Date: May 31, 2005

----------

I think part of the answer to this question is to understand the term "Apostle". I think for most of us when we hear or read the word apostle we automatically think of one of the "12" apostles, that is, the 12 men choosen by Christ himself and who were present throughout his ministry, were present at the "Last Supper" and received from "Christ" the great commission as found in Matthew 28: 16 - 20 - an this includes Matthias as well.
It is upon the "12" that the "Apostolic Tradition" is rooted.

But the question has to do with Paul and his ordination as an "Apostle" and whose authority was equal to the "12". As was suggested Paul was ordained by Ananias but this is a misunderstanding of Ananias' actions and Paul's commission.
First, Ananias laid hands on Paul to heal Paul not to ordain him. In Acts 9: 10 - 12 we read Christ directing Ananias to go to Paul to heal him.

Ananias could not ordain Paul to be an "Apostle" on par with the "12" because this "ordination" or "commission" could only come Christ Jesus Himself. The "12" again received this ordination for Jesus directly (Mt 28: 16 - 20) and we read of Paul's direct commission from Jesus Christ in Acts 9 (1 Cor 9 :1).

http://forums.catholic.com/showthread.php ...

VERY SURPRISED THAT A CATHOLIC CAN READ AND THINK FOR HIMSELF
Liam

Saint Paul, MN

#534228 May 2, 2014
concerned in Brasil wrote:
<quoted text>
Why don't you stop with your gossip rumor monger to distract from the Issue at hand.
Stop posting hear say that no one can verify to see if once again you are making up a story in other words you are most likely lying again.
Why don't you tell this thread how the RCC is the one True Yadda Yadda when she via Papal bull decree by a so called Apostolic Apostle called a Pope who said this is God's will that there be Inquisition in which a new branch of PRIESTS no less was formed to carry out torture and summary executions of so called heretics and non-believers to bring about conversion affirmed by 41 popes there after for over 400+ years with the result of some 40+ million dead and many more tortured displaced and their homes and wealth confiscated to the fill Romes coffers.
You see those three fellowships are snow white driven snow compared to you sect and its tyrannical blood stained history.
Are you saying with a sincere straight face, as you stand before God, that the "RC" murdered 40 million during the Inquisition? You're an interesting case.....on one hand, you seem normal. On the other, You're a raging fanatic.
I wish Catholicism had that leverage, where we just make up a fantastic lie to justify our existence.. lol.

What kinds of protocols are in place in your Pentecostal community, when a member wants to join the CC and is spreading theology that is contrary to Jack Chick or Adrian Rogers? Do you and the elders sit down for an inquisitive session on the subject? Your own Inquisition?

Location hidden

#534229 May 2, 2014
Aug 14,'07, 5:54 pm
New Member Join Date: November 21, 2006

----------

The laying on of hands is indicative first of the Sacrament of Confirmation (the extension of Pentecost). There is no indication in the text that Ananias was a Bishop (the text says he was a "disciple"). He conferred upon Paul the Sacraments of Initiation. Holy Orders is not a Sacrament of Initiation. Nice try but you are reading into the text.

Anyone know whether/when Paul was ordained as a Bishop?

yeah me, Paul was never a Bishop, the office of an Apostle is the Highest office given to the Church by God, not "a disciple".

None of the other Apostles were ordained by man, they are chosen by God

Location hidden

#534230 May 2, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
No. She's as phony as you are. Why does Preston say satan is your hero? Don't you both claim to be born again Christians? How can two bible alone "spirit" filled protestants be so sure of each other's destruction?
I don't say that satan is marges hero, I just say that she is led by him and she like you ahs never been saved
concerned in Brasil

Europe

#534231 May 2, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
All of these things could easily be accomplished under one roof. I know because our Church carries out several different missions.
I know personally folks in each community. They are not kumbyah as you suggest. The believe differently.
Why won't they worship and fellowship together. Why don't they have one pastor or pastors who preach in all three?
They believe differently, that's why. But how is that possible when the have the same bible?
Why do continual take this thread down rabbit trails and deal prove your Sects assertions that it is the one true yadda Yadda oh ya you are deceitful disingenuous person who has know idea where to start as the evidence against your sect historical and biblical is overwhelming

Whether these three fellowships do or don't is hear say you can not prove your assertions as you only drove by, and working for one the worlds largest companies the have divisions in the same buisness park but in different buildings because there are eficiencies in a sleek lean team all working on the same project no bother by other teams, so your premise is false.

Your spotting nonsense now. And if there ever was a little piggie all greased up going around in circles that be you.

So some 8 days later and in reality some 2+ years I again post and ask

Why don't you tell this thread how the RCC is the one True Yadda Yadda when she via Papal bull decree by a so called Apostolic Apostle called a Pope who said this is God's will that there be Inquisition in which a new branch of PRIESTS no less was formed to carry out torture and summary executions of so called heretics and non-believers to bring about conversion affirmed by 41 popes there after for over 400+ years with the result of some 40+ million dead and many more tortured displaced and their homes and wealth confiscated to the fill Romes coffers.
concerned in Brasil

Europe

#534232 May 2, 2014
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Um, nope-that's a "message board" and you're quoting an anonymous poster, Neither you nor I have any idea who the poster is or if he/she is or isn't Catholic.
Not a legitimate source.
Quelle surprise.
Paul was chosen by Jesus who manifested his presence before him, and later went to the 12 apostles who confirmed what Jesus and the Spirit had done and said it was good that he went to the Gentiles to preach the Gospel.

“~ AMERICAN PRIDE ~”

Since: Dec 13

DAYTONA BEACH, FLORIDA

#534233 May 2, 2014
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>I don't say that satan is marges hero, I just say that she is led by him and she like you ahs never been saved
Good evening Cowboy.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 2 min Hidingfromyou 778,184
Gay snapchat names 29 min Somegr8fun 170
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 42 min Rick in Kansas 265,444
real music !!!! 4 r-e-a-l !!! 1 hr Doctor REALITY 7
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 2 hr lovewithin 39,386
Scientific proof for God's existence 2 hr God Truth 48
I like underage girls (Apr '09) 2 hr TexasCPChampion 16
Straight guys: Would you ever have intercourse ... (Jul '12) 2 hr Trannyfucker 136
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 2 hr truth 605,329
Why Iím no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 3 hr Lumajuice 441,821
More from around the web