Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 693342 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Liam

Saint Paul, MN

#534613 May 4, 2014
concerned in Brasil wrote:
<quoted text>
Again Liam your her say is not truth, Marian dogma is not all over the Bible and I posted some 4 pages of verifiable evidence that you do not even attempt to refute, all Biblical.
In Fact I posted verifiable quotes from Roman Popes condoning as Heretical the assumption of Mary that which Popes today say is fact and if you reject that dogma now you are Anathema which again you do not address.
No once again like Anthony you come up with some wild story that is unverifiable hear say and name call slander another human being with no factual basis.
Once again Historical facts, Biblical facts are now where to be seen in your post and once again you only post hear say gossip.
KEEP Digging sunshine you are my #1 exhibit to show the RC can't prove his sects assertions to be true.
The so-called "RC" doesn't need to prove anything to you. You're the one inventing a new doctrine- where you say everything about Mary and Peter need to explicitly be detailed in Scripture. The onus is on you to demonstrate where Christ says everything about Christianity is spelled out in such detail, by a few of His apostles letters...
The doctor ran like a chump and so will you. Sola Scripture is a ridiculous doctrine. You pretend the apostles handed out a few letters and said "here's the Bible fellas". Then various groups began forming theology based on their examination of verses. Now you want us to debate you using this false platform? The funny thing is: Catholicism still wins. Even using strict Bible verses alone, we still pass the test. Its you who guys who shrug your shoulders when cornered on Sola Scripture. Catholicism providers answers, you don't!
hojo

Waconia, MN

#534614 May 4, 2014
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>The Bible warns us of hell and eternal life away from the Love of our God and Savior the Lord Jesus Christ. hojo,to warn people is better for them,than to allow them to go into eternity without any warning of the judgment to come.The Bible says"We shall all die than the judgment." There is a White Throne Judgment in Scripture and it minces no words as to the fate of those who reject God for the fleeting pleasures of this world. A fleeting pleasure can be a normal life which one holds more dearer to them than to receive the Goodness of the Lord Jesus.You know that! I do not like hell-fire preaching any more than you do,but I am wrong if I say that we need not warn others of the impending Judgments of God. God wants that all should receive Him,and that none perish in their own self-willed path of life that leads to DEATH!
Life without GOD is eternal,and it comes with a void of GOD that is unimaginable.We can taste and see that "GOD is GOOD." Now how is that something you would not want to share with every human being? The goodness of God rejected by anyone is not something we should take likely.The real delusions are in those who think that God does not exist and that they are going to some blissful place,or that they are going to die and that is it. Every belief of the atheist is limited and holds no foundation as to the creation and what exists around them. Take a tree for instance,can an atheist create a tree from a seed? Nothing in this life or what we see is without the MARK of God's handiwork.Creation alone God says is what is seen as NO excuse for anyone to reject God,in other words no one can use Creation to disprove God,or use that as an excuse to not believe,as all shows forth His goodness and mercy.
I suggest that you "be more concerned" about " your OWN " Salvation which has been (suspect) from "day one "' based upon your bible only OSAS disoriented interpretation of the TRUTH of TRUE Bible interpretation that was given to us by the Early Church Fathers --"who actually wrote the Bible" in 397AD..
June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#534615 May 4, 2014
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>You bible only " fundies" don't warn ANYBODY regarding hell .
Hahahahahahahaha
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#534616 May 4, 2014
Actually Christians should be shaking in their boots, because Islam's hell is way worse than Christian hell.

It's down right horrific.

:)
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >

From the book “Infidel,” by Ayaan Hirsi Ali comes the following……

We all heard about Hell. That was what Quran school was mostly about: Hell and all the mistakes that could put us there. The Quran lists Hell’s torments in vivid detail: sores, boiling water, peeling skin, burning flesh, dissolving bowels, the everlasting fires that burns you forever, for as your flesh chars and your juices boil, you form new skin. These details overpower you, ensuring you will obey.
Chess

Columbus, OH

#534617 May 4, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Why would you be sad for me when I am happy?......
Just say no to meth, kids.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#534618 May 4, 2014
Fear-filled bunkology.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>

Reprint of the 1926 ed. Published by World Pub. Co., Cleveland.

From the “The Lost Book of the Bibles, by Bell Publishing, New York, comes the following………..

KEY TO THE PLATE OF “HELL.”

1. Entrance to the confines of Hell.
2. Charon in his bark.
3. The Minotaur roaring at the approach of condemned souls.
4. Souls agitated by the impure breath of evil spirits.
5. Cerberus devouring the souls of gourmands.
6. The avaricious and prodigal condemned to carry burdens.
7. The envious and angry cast into the styx.
8. Tower and wall of the evil city.
9. In this ditch are those who have sinned against their neighbors; Centaurs shoot arrows at them.
10. Those who have sinned against themselves are here tormented by Harpies.
11. Rain of fire for those who have sinned against God.
12. Soul of the tyrant Gerion cast into the flames.
13. Debauchees and corruptors of youth flogged by devils.
14. Poisonous gulf into which flatterers are plunged.
15. Lake of fire in the caldrons into which Simonaics are cast.
16. Sorcerers and diviners, their faces turned backward.
17. Bog of boiling pitch for cheats, thieves, and deceivers.
18. Hypocrite crucified.
19. Perfidious advisers plunged into a flaming ditch.
20. For scandalous persons; one holds his head in his hand.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#534619 May 4, 2014
When a trapper's wife was complaining of terrible loneliness, her husband told her that if she wanted sympathy to go look it up in the dictionary.

I suggest that if you want to believe that Christians will reap salvation from Jesus, you will find the word Jesus in the bible, but the word might not have any substance to it whatsoever.

I hope it doesn't, because if Jesus lived to dote only on Christians, he is dire need of counseling, as his father (within theology) that resides in Olam Haba, is still connected by his first and only covenant that he made with the Jews.

tongue in cheek

United States

#534620 May 4, 2014
[QUOTE who="guest]
Catholics were not the first Christians.[/QUOTE]
-
-
June VanDerMark wrote:
I believe they were, and that that is nothing of which to proud.
The first Christians were NOT HOLY. They were barbarous murderers and scam artists, claiming that a Jewish Rabbi (king of the Jews) betrayed other Jews to start a new religion.
Devout faith investors such as you suck it right up as being based on truth.
That word salvation also worked its magic on Muslims and Hindus and all other cult members that are certain they also have saviors coming to take THEM home.
-
-
Just because they call themselves Christians, that doesn't make them Christians.
-
Christians don't torture and murder in the name of God, never have and never will.
Catholics simply called themselves Christian, all the while committing these very non-Christian acts; what they said and what they did are totally different things.
What they DID shows them to not be following Jesus Christ.
Chess

Columbus, OH

#534621 May 4, 2014
Oooo. "The Streets of San Francisco".

Remember Karl Malden in "One Eyed Jacks"?

Now *that* was a movie.

I remember seeing it the first time at the Pillow Theater in Monterey, Ca., where some of of the movie was supposed to take place.

Let 'tard know I'm busy.

K?

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#534622 May 4, 2014
Chess wrote:
<quoted text>
Hush,'tard.
Remington Steele's on now.
Doris Roberts is co-staring.
I'm waiting for Raymond to show up.
Slither back to your favorite rock...lying snake..

Since: Feb 14

Location hidden

#534623 May 4, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Why would you be sad for me when I am happy? I suggest you are projecting your feelings on to me, and I don't want them.
If you are happy to believe that you have power in your imagination to travel the universe at will ... and that a god is there to love you ... then be happy.
We are on separate journeys. I'm not you and you are not me. You have the right to believe whatever makes you happy, as long as you are not preaching at me that I will go to hell and you will go to heaven, because I will then take umbrage with THAT belief and disagree with what you preach.
Who knows what is there for anyone. you seem to have the answer for yourself, but just like any religion you're trying to project your belief on others. I suggest you are a good preacher for your church. you dominate this thread with your sermons June. I don't want you or anyone to go to Hell but we as Individuals determine that ourselves. stop blaming religion and people for your hate..your post does not speak of a happy person, yes I feel sorry for you..
StarC

United States

#534624 May 4, 2014
Mass today 5.4.14

"In today’s gospel

we encounter two discouraged and broken men making their way to Emmaus. The text describes them as “downcast.” That is to say, their eyes are cast to the
ground; their heads are hung low. Their Lord and Messiah has been killed—the one they had thought would finally liberate Israel. Yes, it is true that some women claimed he was alive, but these disciples have discredited those reports and are now leaving Jerusalem. It is late in the afternoon; the sun is sinking low.
The men cannot see or understand God’s plan. They cannot “see” that he must be alive, just as they were told. They are quite blind to the glorious things that have already happened, just hours before. Their eyes are cast downward. And in this they are much like us, who also struggle to see and understand that we have already won the victory. Too easily we are discouraged, our eyes cast downward in depression rather than upward in faith.

In effect, if you are prepared to “see” it, the Lord will celebrate Holy Mass with them. In the context of the sacred meal we call the Mass, he will open their eyes and they will recognize him; they will see glory and new life.

These men are also heading in the wrong direction. They need to be reoriented by the Lord. They need to turn around and go back to the Liturgical East, back to Jerusalem, back toward the resurrection, back to the light, away from the setting sun to the West where they are currently headed.

The Lord will open their eyes and reorient them with the repast we have come to know as the Holy Mass. Through this celebration, he will open their eyes and reorient them. He will, in the words of today’s Psalm,“Show them the path of life.”

Note that the whole Gospel, not just the last part, is in the form of a Mass. There is a gathering, a penitential rite, a Liturgy of the Word, Intercessory prayers, a Liturgy of the Eucharist, and an Ite Missa est. And in this manner of a whole Mass, they have their eyes opened to Him and to glory; the Lord reorients them, turning them around in the right direction. So too for us who attend Mass, if we are faithful.

Let’s look at this Mass and see how the Lord uses it to accomplish these ends.

Stage One: Gathering Rite - The curtain rises on this Mass with two disciples having gathered together on a journey: Now that very day two of them were going to a village seven miles from Jerusalem called Emmaus (Lk 24:13). We have already discussed above that they were in the midst of a serious struggle and are downcast. We only know one of them by name: Cleopas. Who is the other? If you are prepared to accept it, the other is you. So they (this means you; this means me) have gathered. This is what we do as the preliminary act of every Mass. We who are pilgrims on a journey come together.

It so happens for these two disciples that Jesus joins them: And it happened that while they were conversing and debating, Jesus himself drew near and walked with them (Luke 24:15). The text goes on to inform us that they did not yet recognize Jesus.

The Lord walks with us too. For us who gather at Mass, it is essential to acknowledge by faith that when we gather together, the Lord Jesus is with us. Scripture says, For where two or three are gathered in my name, there am I among them (Matt 18:20). It is a fact for many of us too, that Jesus, though present, is unrecognized! Yet he is no less among us than he was present to these two disciples who fail to recognize him."

Continue here..........

http://blog.adw.org/2014/05/reorienting-repas...
Michael

Canada

#534625 May 4, 2014
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
People of faith don't convert ANYONE!!........Only God, through HIS Son Jesus Christ----through ONLY the "I dwelling gift of Grace from the presence of the Holy Spirit -'along with prayer" ----converts the heart, mind and soul of those who do not believe !!!!
..(lol)...what? God doesn't give you special powers to convert protestants? You fooled me!
Chess

Columbus, OH

#534626 May 4, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm busy reminiscing about the Pillow Theater,'tard:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/22198710 @N05/3138184646/

Location hidden

#534627 May 4, 2014
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
I suggest that you "be more concerned" about " your OWN " Salvation which has been (suspect) from "day one "' based upon your bible only OSAS disoriented interpretation of the TRUTH of TRUE Bible interpretation that was given to us by the Early Church Fathers --"who actually wrote the Bible" in 397AD..
Continuated....Catlics "jumping ship"..

Uninspiring homilies on Sundays

A number of people responded that homilies, weekly Sunday messages from the priest, did not relate or “speak to” them.

“I stopped going regularly because the homilies were so empty,” one respondent said.“And whenever the church wanted to raise money, they dropped the homily and talked money.”

“I would advise the bishop to make training in public speaking mandatory for every priest,” said another.“They should also be trained in how to relate their homilies to the people and inspire them.”

“As much as I wanted to get involved and expand my faith, there were no clear avenues to do that,” replied one person.“So it was just a place to attend Mass. And because attending Mass was a guilt-ridden obligation, I was always alone in a crowd where I knew no one and no one knew me.”
StarC

United States

#534628 May 4, 2014
Catholic World News - May 01, 2014

"Is Israel giving control of The Tomb of David to the Vatican?

An Israeli lawmaker claims that Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu has spoken with Chief Sephardic Rabbi Yitzchak Yosef about the possibility of ceding the Tomb of David— located in an old church building that is also revered by Christians as the site of the Last Supper—to the Vatican.

The report—which has not been confirmed by the Israeli government—comes after earlier rumors that the government was engaged in secret negotiations with the Vatican about future control of the site.

The Tomb of David is on the ground floor of the building in Jerusalem, which dates back to the 4th century. The Cenacle, the site of the Last Supper, is on the upper floor. Rules regarding access to the holy sites have been under discussion as part of the broader talks between the Holy See and Israel, aimed to conclude an agreement establishing the legal status of the Church in Israel. However, last July the Israeli deputy foreign minister, Zeev Elkin, denied rumors that the government was prepared to recognize Vatican ownership of the building.

Negotiations on the long-awaited juridical pact between the Vatican and Israel are a focus of renewed interest as Pope Francis plans for his visit to the Holy Land later this month."
Chess

Columbus, OH

#534629 May 4, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Continuated....Catlics "jumping ship"..
Uninspiring homilies on Sundays
A number of people responded that homilies, weekly Sunday messages from the priest, did not relate or “speak to” them.
“I stopped going regularly because the homilies were so empty,” one respondent said.“And whenever the church wanted to raise money, they dropped the homily and talked money.”
“I would advise the bishop to make training in public speaking mandatory for every priest,” said another.“They should also be trained in how to relate their homilies to the people and inspire them.”
“As much as I wanted to get involved and expand my faith, there were no clear avenues to do that,” replied one person.“So it was just a place to attend Mass. And because attending Mass was a guilt-ridden obligation, I was always alone in a crowd where I knew no one and no one knew me.”
Cite your source, thief.

United States

#534630 May 4, 2014
Seraphima wrote:
Hi, Sera,

I am so sorry to hear about your husband. Somehow I missed your original post on it and I could not find it.

I didn't realized he was so ill, as there was no hint about it on the board, but your love for one another showed in your posts.

Location hidden

#534631 May 4, 2014
Chess wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm busy reminiscing about the Pillow Theater,'tard:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/22198710 @N05/3138184646/

Location hidden

#534632 May 4, 2014
Chess wrote:
<quoted text>
Cite your source, thief.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 2 min Gabriel 992,195
Walgreens is owned by Christ-rejecting Jews 3 min Doctor REALITY 14
the Lord JEHOVAH YAHWEH..has ALWAYS EXISTED??! 4 min Doctor REALITY 10
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 9 min Chilli J 52,422
Last Post Wins !!! [ game time :) ] (Jan '11) 32 min texas pete 2,477
Skype gay sex (Dec '14) 1 hr daddy 28
Jake Tapper: I Lied About Trump S Hole Comment 3 hr Haha 2
More from around the web