Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 653698 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Gods R Delusions x Mine

Orlando, FL

#534553 May 4, 2014
Chess wrote:
<quoted text>
I personally am holding out for a god that accepts S&H Green Stamps.
Seems I'm holding the bag on a bunch of them.
That's reasonable.

Ramen
Gods R Delusions x Mine

Orlando, FL

#534554 May 4, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Those in religion place all their FAITH in fantasy, and you will have no luck trying to point out to them that to be fair they should place the same amount of value on all the fantasies in other religions ... OR step out of religion entirely.
They have an insatiable NEED to believe that their own religion is special to the supposed creator ... period.
Religion is based on self-indulgence.
Not my ONE TRUE religion.

OK, maybe a little. But having no Hell and unlimited wine makes us a little less uptight (I hope).

Ramen

Since: Feb 14

Location hidden

#534555 May 4, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus lives wherever believers order him to live ... such as in Catholic confessionals, or Protestant churches.
He just does what comes naturally in religion.
:)
I can assure you he's not In Prisons..

Since: Feb 14

Location hidden

#534556 May 4, 2014
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
I hear ya! But ole' Mike's tell'n me that's where I'll find 'em! That means we gotta go popacop ta get in and find 'em..........I gotta wonder what the heck he's in ther for anaways.........Ya know----I bet'cha that Pauley guy had sumpth'n ta do with it...he didn't really like Jesus y'know?
If you popacop to get in there, you better hope Jesus is in there, hahaha! I have been to prison, God is not there, sure you got religions in there, they recognized about every religion except Satanism..
Pad

Rockford, IL

#534557 May 4, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
If you don't believe in hell, then your worries are over.
The hierarchy NEEDS you to fear hell so you will stay in bondage to their cult.
Hi June,Nothing has changed,you are still trying hard to convince those of any faith that they have faith in VAIN! I read back and forth from at least five or so of the different people I loved to converse with in the past.It has been months since I was here last and so much has happened in my family and our lives,but none of what we have been through has separated us from the LOVE of God,or what He has for all those who trust in Him.It is all about relationship,but I will try to put it plainly to you.YES religion divides,and that you have been always right in stating.

Religion has nothing to do with God's approach to Human Kind,religion is all about Man's approach to God,gods,goddesses,spirits,dem ons and what have you.So in the plethora of religion,which is encased also in philosophy, there are those that adhere to dogmatism,and those who follow or disagree.Religion is cold and filled with regulation, human reasoning and administration which either rules over its subjects with love or a form of tyranny.Religion has always been supported by political ambitions.Religious people are capable of love,but more than often they resort to religious philosophy that dictates rather than guides,and even intimidates rather than sustains.Now when true religion is practiced the "widows and orphans are cared for" that is what the Apostles of the Church defined as true religion.

But the same Apostles knew that although they were reared and taught religious tenets within their Jewish way,GOD interrupted their lives with JESUS CHRIST(Yeshua Ha Moshiach).YES literally interrupted.Jesus interrupted and disrupted the whole JEWISH religious system by radically introducing RELATIONSHIP through His Father.His Father's kingdom was not the focus of religion,even though the JEWS knew they were chosen by the Father to know Him by faith.The Jews often told God they would rather have a king,than to HEAR His voice.He gave them the desire of their hearts,and a king they had in Saul,and than David.But along with a King Judges though previous to the kings established the IRON cladness of religion.Religious observation and LAW ruled over the Jews,not that the TORAH was wrong by any stretch,but it HID from the Jews the relationship of the Father based in Love,truth and Holy Mercy which we know today as G R A C E.

I in no way am speaking against the Law(Torah),but that God the Father wanted to give to His people more than a canon that would keep them in line,and show them their sin,but He wanted to LOVE them and be in them guiding with truth and peace within their very beings by faith.Grace is this bounty of God's Divine love for us,and when we allow this grace to enter into us,we literally are taking on the whole Torah of truth,guidance and warning from being slaves to a life of sin.Christ offers through His great sacrifice the way out of being slaves to sin and death.We all must die physically,but with Him some day we will be resurrected unto eternal life.That is God's greatest gift to us all,all of humanity can have this! to be continued!
Chess

Columbus, OH

#534558 May 4, 2014
Chess wrote:
I just noticed.
When June shows up so do the judicons.
And they miraculously agree with her.
Odd that.
I suppose I shouldn't have noticed that, huh?

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#534559 May 4, 2014
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>Hi June,Nothing has changed,you are still trying hard to convince those of any faith that they have faith in VAIN! I read back and forth from at least five or so of the different people I loved to converse with in the past.It has been months since I was here last and so much has happened in my family and our lives,but none of what we have been through has separated us from the LOVE of God,or what He has for all those who trust in Him.It is all about relationship,but I will try to put it plainly to you.YES religion divides,and that you have been always right in stating.
Religion has nothing to do with God's approach to Human Kind,religion is all about Man's approach to God,gods,goddesses,spirits,dem ons and what have you.So in the plethora of religion,which is encased also in philosophy, there are those that adhere to dogmatism,and those who follow or disagree.Religion is cold and filled with regulation, human reasoning and administration which either rules over its subjects with love or a form of tyranny.Religion has always been supported by political ambitions.Religious people are capable of love,but more than often they resort to religious philosophy that dictates rather than guides,and even intimidates rather than sustains.Now when true religion is practiced the "widows and orphans are cared for" that is what the Apostles of the Church defined as true religion.
But the same Apostles knew that although they were reared and taught religious tenets within their Jewish way,GOD interrupted their lives with JESUS CHRIST(Yeshua Ha Moshiach).YES literally interrupted.Jesus interrupted and disrupted the whole JEWISH religious system by radically introducing RELATIONSHIP through His Father.His Father's kingdom was not the focus of religion,even though the JEWS knew they were chosen by the Father to know Him by faith.The Jews often told God they would rather have a king,than to HEAR His voice.He gave them the desire of their hearts,and a king they had in Saul,and than David.But along with a King Judges though previous to the kings established the IRON cladness of religion.Religious observation and LAW ruled over the Jews,not that the TORAH was wrong by any stretch,but it HID from the Jews the relationship of the Father based in Love,truth and Holy Mercy which we know today as G R A C E.
I in no way am speaking against the Law(Torah),but that God the Father wanted to give to His people more than a canon that would keep them in line,and show them their sin,but He wanted to LOVE them and be in them guiding with truth and peace within their very beings by faith.Grace is this bounty of God's Divine love for us,and when we allow this grace to enter into us,we literally are taking on the whole Torah of truth,guidance and warning from being slaves to a life of sin.Christ offers through His great sacrifice the way out of being slaves to sin and death.We all must die physically,but with Him some day we will be resurrected unto eternal life.That is God's greatest gift to us all,all of humanity can have this! to be continued!
Hello Old Friend Pad

Peace

I hope all is well with you.

And I agree, to the extent that Jesus, per the Gospels, declared the operation(laws) of the Kingdom, to which He would rule.

It would seem to me, that after the Gospels, came the doubts, and the need to establish religious order so that they could be transmitted. And this would be accomplished in the other N.T. writings....

Peace

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#534560 May 4, 2014
pusherman_ wrote:
<quoted text> I can assure you he's not In Prisons..
You can assure me where Jesus "chooses" to go???

REALLY???

My guess is that Muslim would also try to convince me that they know where Mahdi chooses to go.

The one thing that religion does not lack is arrogance.

:)
Pad

Rockford, IL

#534561 May 4, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Is that supposed to make me feel better???
:)
I am continuing my brief summary of the whole matter which is difficult,but needed to be stated.I hope my time will be considered by you,as God loves you and His Son died for you as well as for me and every other human being on this planet,past,present and future.

The religious struggle in man is always there,WHY,because religion cannot form relationship and individual hope and salvation. Jesus only gives relationship and hope of salvation when a person by faith receives and believes on His Name and what He did for their salvation.

The bible tells us that"we must believe and proclaim with our lips that the Father raised His son Jesus from the dead." Jesus was horribly crucified after a severe scourging that could have killed Him first,He was crowned with Thorns in humiliation as well,JESUS was despised and hated by the Religious as well as the governing principalities of Roman Justice.YET the wretched suffering and final death of our Lord did not keep Him in the grave. The Father raised Him up as He promised He would,and the Lord Jesus is alive and well today,to SAVE,and visit our hearts wooing us to choose Him rather than the temporary pleasures of this world.

It is Christ whom we have adversity with when we reject the Bible and His invitation to BE in our lives by choice of our own free will.Christ does not take vengeance,but what He does is through His church warn us of the outcome of the fate of all human life,as The Creator gives to us the free will to choose life or to choose the death of this present life that only lasts a short time for us all.We can either believe that this temporal existence leads us to an eternal sleep,or eternal life.The Eternal sleep does not exist according to the Word of God,yet you believe in it when you reject the LIFE JESUS offers you,and wants you to enjoy for an eternity.It is the Valley of decision JUNE,and here on earth that is what it is,you will have to decide your own fate.It is a fate,because these things were established long before any existed,and God wants us to see that HE is life,and this present world is fleeting,short-lived as it were,and not an end in itself,but and eternity without God.

All the suffering and experiences we have in this life only warn us of our frailty,and by the grace of God point us to HIM who wants to lift us up out of those graves or urns,and bring us to His kingdom of ETERNAL life and the half of which we can never see in this life NOW!

We are cheating ourselves by trusting in the glimmer of the streets of this world,that leaves us cold,naked and without love.But God wants us to know that what we see here that is good,His creation and so on,will be ours in the fullest way for an eternity.Choosing to reject HIM,is choosing an unknown existence that is void of His love and His care,because you have made your choice on this earth in its temporal setting.You know that every person around you lives,but grows old,and eventually in many different ways D I E S! Our death is the beginning of an eternal existence with or without HIM who created us all. to be continued!

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#534562 May 4, 2014
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
per the Gospels
How funny you are in your vast self-perceived knowledge of Christian CENTER that you are certain resides "above" Protestantism AND Catholicism!

How does it feel to believe you left the Protestants and the Catholics behind in your race to locate the kingdom of the Jewish God ADONAI???

:)

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#534563 May 4, 2014
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>Hi June,Nothing has changed,you are still trying hard to convince those of any faith that they have faith in VAIN!
As long as you believe you are going to heaven and I am going to hell ... what I believe should not matter to you ... "should it???"

I am content to believe I have no power to know the future, but rather that I must wait until I die to find out if there is life in some form after death.

You would like me to assure you that you are not vain, but I believe that anyone who professes to know the future and preaches it at others as being based on truth IS VERY VAIN.

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#534564 May 4, 2014
pusherman_ wrote:
<I have been to prison, God is not there
You imagined that "God" was not there. Others imagine that "God" is everywhere.

It seems that imagination is not a dependable source concerning where to go for information.
hojo

Waconia, MN

#534565 May 4, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
So let me get this straight hojo ... you left the Protestant religion to join Catholicism because you believe that both Protestants and Catholics will go to heaven???
You are funny!
I don't make that decision! Only God decides!......And Oh-yes-of course!...I forgot !!!---That you (individually)-----as an atheist along with the bible only Protestants, on this forum----have decided ( on your own) to assume that responsibility--THUS ----relieving God of HIS responsibility

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#534566 May 4, 2014
The Catholic church fathers merely had to claim that the Jews that were faithful to Judaism did not HAVE the "fullness of faith."

See how easy that was to start a new religion totally foreign to Judaism???

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#534567 May 4, 2014
Sometimes religion take hold over minds when least expected.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>

1963: The Reformed Druids of North America begins as a protest against a requirement that students at Carleton College, in Minnesota, attend religious services. Since any religious service would count, some students, including Robert Larson, started RDNA as a humorous way to test the system. The founders were Jewish, Christian and agnostic and did not intend to start a new religion. However, it subsequently evolves into one and spreads.

http://www.americanneopaganism.com/neopaganis...

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#534568 May 4, 2014
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't make that decision! Only God decides!......And Oh-yes-of course!...I forgot !!!---That you (individually)-----as an atheist along with the bible only Protestants, on this forum----have decided ( on your own) to assume that responsibility--THUS ----relieving God of HIS responsibility
You know full well that you believe Catholics have the "fullness of the faith" that Protestants LACK.

Robert F admitted leaving the Protestant religion to trace the roots of Christianity back to its source where he also believed was "the fullness of faith."

Scott, in the book "Rome Sweet Home" also believes that by tracing Christianity back to its roots he found the one and only "fullness of faith.

All of you forgot that the Jews before you also believed they had the fullness of faith attached directly to their one Abrahamic God ADONAI. I suggest that (with credible theology) the God ADONAI never broke his covenant with the Jews. The Catholics tried in VAIN to break that BINDING covenant.

By the way hojo ... why doesn't your Catholicized god have a title such as ADONAI???

You sneaky little devil!!!

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#534569 May 4, 2014
I always avoid prophesying beforehand, because it is a much better policy to prophesy after the event has already taken place.

Winston Churchill
Pad

Rockford, IL

#534570 May 4, 2014
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
Hello Old Friend Pad
Peace
I hope all is well with you.
And I agree, to the extent that Jesus, per the Gospels, declared the operation(laws) of the Kingdom, to which He would rule.
It would seem to me, that after the Gospels, came the doubts, and the need to establish religious order so that they could be transmitted. And this would be accomplished in the other N.T. writings....
Peace
You know that Rome was not built in a day,as the old saying goes,and religious diatribe will not be solved either.I am scratching the surface, but hitting to the core of what an individual needs to start their own journey into eternal life.How complicated could it be to hit every aspect of this life to prove that God is involved. Atheism is supported by its vision of what is seen,and states the case of only believing what is seen in this life.But the temporal existence of this life leaves them(atheists and agnostics) in the dust of their own lives that experience the same decaying process we are all afforded in this life.LOOK at the actresses and actors how they try to look young through many means.JOAN Rivers bless her heart has had so many face lifts she can't even twitch her nose anymore.

Everyday I am aware of the brief stay we have here.My kids are in their 30s and they are wanting to live life to the full,my daughter does not to listen to the preachers who preach about end-times,but she loves the Lord and so on.Just today we were watching John Hagee,and he often refers to the signs of HIS coming.Many younger believers want to live their lives,and have families,careers and beautiful homes,dreams fulfilled,so they don't want to hear anything about what this present age is displaying daily.

I told my daughter,that in spite of her dreams,I hope are fulfilled and that she will experience in her own life,GOD has set in course events and times that are out of our hands,and we as believers need to think and pray in readiness of what will happen,but OCCUPY the time,live and do and be .So simply we allow God to be God,He will DO as He planned from the beginning of our earth.If in these days signs show what will happen,they are warnings not to get too comfortable with this life,as we believers more than anyone else must be like the "virgins who had their lamps oiled to be with the GROOM,when the marriage ceremony took place."

I do not intend to bore anyone with Eschatology.But I am not going to deny that as a believer I must look to the Heavens as whence comes my salvation,and the future life of eternity with Him is at the door front of my life even as I speak to you.You simply Robert prepare yourself everyday that soon you will be with Him,even though you must live now in the present.WE can multi task brother,God gave us the resources to do so.Though we live in this brief time as exciting it might be,we also as being in His Body,will be with HIM in preparedness.

By the way I hope you and your family are truly happy and just live His life in you to the fullest!
hojo

Waconia, MN

#534571 May 4, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
FEAR of hell, just in CASE they believe being a Protestant is offensive to Jesus the ex-Jew that YOU profess loves Catholic YOU.
How many converts do you perceive you will sucker into your cult today???
:)
I'm not here to convert "anyone"---- only to speak the TRUTH regarding over 2000 years of TRUE Apostolic Church History and the TRUE Gospel of Jesus Christ that He conveyed to His Apostles that they ALL taught and proclaimed in the Early Churches beginning in Antioch, then Corinth, Galatia, Ephesus, Philippi, Colossus, Thessalonica.---which were ALL hierarchical, ALL authoritative and ALL visible with Bishops, priests, deacons and elders (Acts 2)----AND which were ALL Catholic...-------Where the Apostles ALL taught, preached and proclaimed the Word of God ----(without)----a 21st century Bible !!!!!
concerned in Brasil

Europe

#534572 May 4, 2014
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus Christ our Lord, considers u, CIB, in the same category as His own mother.
The incredible arrogance of the new bible worshiper movement.
Yes and if you knew the true Gospel you understand that, He loves all the righteous equally all he washes clean with his blood are equally Holy.

The Bible says God shows no Favoritism, I know I need a savior because I am sinner, Mary new she needed a savior because she is a sinner.

Paul's Says all have sinned not one righteous except Jesus the Christ.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 20 min DebraE 106,479
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 27 min karl44 973,685
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 28 min Peace_Warrior 618,753
Play "end of the word" part 2 (Dec '15) 1 hr ImFree2Choose 2,569
Difference between white masons and black masons (Apr '08) 1 hr Mason3138 377
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 1 hr udzwon udzwon 45,227
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 1 hr here 63,445
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 8 hr Pegasus 281,841
More from around the web