Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 693485 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

concerned in Brasil

Europe

#534449 May 3, 2014
Below are the footnotes for anyone truly serious about the truth

all verifiable.

16. Catechism of the Catholic Church (New York: Doubleday Image, 1995), paragraphs 490-492. The Catechism comes in numerous editions and languages. Because it has numbered paragraphs, statements can be accurately located in spite of the variety of editions.
17. William Webster, The Church of Rome at the Bar of History, pp. 72-77, op. cit.
18. Catechism of the Catholic Church, paragraphs 411, 493.
19. Catechism of the Catholic Church, paragraphs 496-511.
20. William Webster, The Church of Rome at the Bar of History, pp.79-80, op. cit.
21. Catechism of the Catholic Church, paragraphs 963, 971, 2677.
22. Catechism of the Catholic Church, paragraphs 963, 975.
23. Catechism of the Catholic Church, paragraphs 966, 974.
24. William Webster, The Church of Rome at the Bar of History, pp. 81-85, op. cit.
25. Catechism of the Catholic Church, paragraphs 968-970, 2677.
26. Catechism of the Catholic Church, paragraphs 966.
27. Catechism of the Catholic Church, paragraphs 971, 2675.

Again more great resources at www.justforcatholics.org
concerned in Brasil

Europe

#534450 May 3, 2014
StarC wrote:
Must run, one hour on this thread is toooooo long.
Have a great evening and a great and blessed Sunday !
:)
Can't stand the heat get out of the kitchen.

LOL

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#534451 May 3, 2014
Mike_Peterson wrote:
<quoted text>
Or on jail. Lots of people find Jesus in jail
Is that where he lives?
LTM

Sudbury, Canada

#534452 May 3, 2014
confrinting with the word wrote:
[who="LTM" Preston a Confrinting Mr. and Mrs. for prayers for a man named Jerry.
Jerry is one of the catholic orphanage kids from Nova Scotia; he has spent years fighting the demons left over from that place.
He was very badly abused from age 5 till he was of legal age to leave on his own.
He still has terrible flash backs as you can imagine.
He really needs some prayer, the place he was going to church, one of the Pastors told him that God has cursed him, and that is why he is like he is.
Jerry was place in the orphanage by his Mom on the advice of a priest, when his Dad died,( he has a younger brother ) the priest told her it would be to hard for her to look after 2 boys on her own.
She never even went to see him after that, Jerry spent all his life wonder what he did bad, that his Mom didn't want him.
I know this man personally me an my husband, he loves the Lord very much.
When a Pastor tells him God cursed Him , he has gone in a tail spin and near killed himself.
Thank you , anyone else please join the prayers together .
~~~
PLEASE POINT OUT THE FACT...
THAT JESUS TOOK
-->THE CHASTISEMENT FOR HIS PEACE <--
ON CALVARY'S CROSS.
Isa 53:5 But he was wounded for our transgressions,
he was bruised for our iniquities:
(NOTE)
the chastisement of our peace was upon him;
and
with his stripes we are healed....
ALSO THAT A CURSE UNDESERVED/CAUSELESS WILL NOT LIGHT UPON HIM...
Pro_26:2 As the bird by wandering,
as the swallow by flying,
so the curse causeless
shall not come.
Off time ignorant priest and preachers can do more damage that good
when they give personal opinions instead of asking/seeking... the HOLY
SPIRIT for guidence...
Thank you Confrinting I will give him these scriptures , Yes often times Priest and Pastor give words of prophecy when in fact its their own personal opinion. Causes a lot of problems for the person when it doesn't come to pass.

“BACK IN TIME”

Since: Dec 13

Under a Bridge, USA

#534453 May 3, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Does it make you feel uneasy???
I hope so!
Good evening June.

Hope you've had a great weekend so far. The weather has been nice here so I've been outside most of the day.
marge

Leesburg, GA

#534454 May 3, 2014
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you Confrinting I will give him these scriptures , Yes often times Priest and Pastor give words of prophecy when in fact its their own personal opinion. Causes a lot of problems for the person when it doesn't come to pass.
I agree with both of you, may God heal that young man.
marge

Leesburg, GA

#534455 May 3, 2014
concerned in Brasil wrote:
The prophet Jeremiah was preaching to the people of Israel and warning them of the coming judgment from God because of their idolatrous practices. But this is how they argued with him:“As for the word that you have spoken to us in the name of the LORD, we will not listen to you! But we will certainly do whatever has gone out of our own mouth, to burn incense to the queen of heaven and pour out drink offerings to her, as we have done, we and our fathers, our kings and our princes, in the cities of Judah and in the streets of Jerusalem. For then we had plenty of food, were well-off, and saw no trouble. But since we stopped burning incense to the queen of heaven and pouring out drink offerings to her, we have lacked everything and have been consumed by the sword and by famine”(Jeremiah 44:16-18).
They were praying to a pagan deity named the Queen of Heaven instead of praying to the Lord God, claiming that when they prayed to her they received all their needs, plenty of food and protection and so on. We know exactly who gave them the food and the protection but they ascribed them to a false god. This is exactly what happens when someone rejects the revealed truth of God. The Israelites rejected the truth of God given through the prophets and the Scriptures and they were pitifully mistaken in their interpretation of their religious experiences.
For the complete verifiable article go to
JUST FOR CATHOLICS
PRAYING TO DEAD SAINTS
http://www.justforcatholics.org/
"Even worse, instead of repenting of their sins in the face of the Lord’s chastisement, they reasoned that they got into trouble because they stopped praying to this Queen of Heaven! The deception is astounding!"

They never really believed, their 'faith' had no works, I worry same here with these RC'ers . We can pray for them.
Chess

Columbus, OH

#534456 May 3, 2014
--SPOONER-- wrote:
<quoted text>
Good evening June.
Hope you've had a great weekend so far. The weather has been nice here so I've been outside most of the day.
Be careful.

She's mean.

Nuts too.

Just saying.
Chess

Columbus, OH

#534457 May 3, 2014
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Is that where he lives?
Jesus in jail?

Say it ain't so, Joe!!!
Chess

Columbus, OH

#534458 May 3, 2014
StarC wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi June bug, I believe in heaven and hell.
You will too on your death bed, that's when it happens, I heard.
Naw.

She'll be too dead to believe in anything.
hojo

Waconia, MN

#534459 May 3, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Ten reasons Catholics leave church
Ten reasons why bible only Protestants are joining the Catholic Church by the thousands
1. It is the only true Church that Jesus Himself initiated in the past 2000 years
2. Sola Scriptural has no historical or biblical proof to back up (anything )it believes
3. Sola Scriptura contradicts itself because it is not taught in Scripture
4. The bible teaches that oral tradition is a source of revelation
5. Sola Scriptura was never believed by anyone until the 18th century
6. The. Bible prophesies the rise and growth of the Catholic Church
7. The Early Church Fathers who were all Catholic translated and wrote the Bible
'8. The Bible shows the Zcatholic system of authority with Bisops, priests & Deacons (Acts 2)
9 Jesus promised that in His (universal)Catholic' Church, the gates of hell (would never prevail against it.!)
10. Paul confirms that The Church is the pillar,pinnacle and foundation of the TRUTH in lTimothy 3:15

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#534460 May 3, 2014
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Ten reasons why bible only Protestants are joining the Catholic Church by the thousands
1. It is the only true Church that Jesus Himself initiated in the past 2000 years
2. Sola Scriptural has no historical or biblical proof to back up (anything )it believes
7. The Early Church Fathers who were all Catholic translated and wrote the Bible
'8. The Bible shows the Zcatholic system of authority with Bisops, priests & Deacons (Acts 2)
9 Jesus promised that in His (universal)Catholic' Church, the gates of hell (would never prevail against it.!)
10. Paul confirms that The Church is the pillar,pinnacle and foundation of the TRUTH in lTimothy 3:15
Horse ship.....
Lie.....The RCC is the second largest denomination in the USA...Christ built no such...

Lies....All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

Lie.....Tradition as found in the NT: paradosis, a precept; specially, the Jewish traditionary law:--ordinance.....Catholics do not follow the Jewish tradionary law...

It was believed by Christians the very moment is was taught in Scripture...

Lie.....There is no such.....the Catholic Church is not mentioned in the Bible..

Lie....there were no Early Church fathers of the denomination RCC..

'8. The Bible shows the Zcatholic system of authority with Bisops, priests & Deacons (Acts 2) Lie....the catholic denomination is not mentioned in the Bible..

Lie....Church: ekklesia, a calling out, i.e.(concretely) a popular meeting, especially a religious congregation (Jewish synagogue, or Christian community of members on earth or saints in heaven or both):--assembly. Catholic is not in that definition...

True... the church being: a calling out, i.e.(concretely) a popular meeting, especially a religious congregation (Jewish synagogue, or Christian community of members on earth or saints in heaven or both):--assembly. Catholic is not in that definition...

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#534461 May 3, 2014
continuated: Catholics "jump ship" because:

1. The sex abuse crisis

Byron and Zech asked ex-Catholics to cite their main reason for leaving:“If you could communicate directly with the bishop, what would you say?”

The most common answer: the church’s inadequate response to clergy sex abuse.“The bishop’s refusal to list pedophile priests on the diocesan Web site and his non-support of the effort to lift the statute of limitations for bringing sexual abuses cases forward in the courts” did it for me, one man said, according to the report.

Several respondents said they had been victims of sexual abuse by church leadership.

#1 cause.....the Catholic Pedophile Cadre and the support of by the RCC clergy...

“Happy 2016!!”

Since: Apr 08

Saint Teresa Pray 4 Us.

#534463 May 3, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Will you be surprised when you end up in hell for having had complete faith that is what others deserved???
After all, you are supposed to do unto others as you would have done unto you ... RIGHT???
I won't be in hell June bug, maybe u will be there tho! So far I've been a pretty good girl.
:D

“Happy 2016!!”

Since: Apr 08

Saint Teresa Pray 4 Us.

#534464 May 3, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Does it make you feel uneasy???
I hope so!
No, not uneasy at all. I have a life June.
Guess you don't.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#534465 May 3, 2014
Chess wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus in jail?
Say it ain't so, Joe!!!
I hear ya! But ole' Mike's tell'n me that's where I'll find 'em! That means we gotta go popacop ta get in and find 'em..........I gotta wonder what the heck he's in ther for anaways.........Ya know----I bet'cha that Pauley guy had sumpth'n ta do with it...he didn't really like Jesus y'know?
Liam

Saint Paul, MN

#534466 May 3, 2014
concerned in Brasil wrote:
Mary has no more power than I do in Jesus the Christ nor the any Christian in Jesus the Christ. She was bestowed a great honor because it was pleasing to God to use the small the weak to humble he proud and strong.
cont...
Jesus Christ our Lord, considers u, CIB, in the same category as His own mother.
The incredible arrogance of the new bible worshiper movement.

United States

#534467 May 4, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
Here is one thing you will not do because it reveals the truth...give us the definition of the Koine Greek translated to the word "church" in Mt. 16:18...
Here is another.....show us the info in the footnote of your NABre pope approved Bible that defines the word "church" in the same Scripture...
-
-
Anthony MN wrote:
The community referenced here is the Church Christ founded, the Catholic Church. No other Church existed.
http://www.scborromeo.org/ccc/p123a9p3.htm#83...
-
-
http://biblehub.com/niv/matthew/7.htm
-
15“Watch out for false prophets. They come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly they are ferocious wolves. 16By their fruit you will recognize them. Do people pick grapes from thornbushes, or figs from thistles? 17Likewise, every good tree bears good fruit, but a bad tree bears bad fruit.
-
-
20 Thus, by their fruit you will recognize them.
-
Constantine, Crusades, Inquisition, Torture, Murder, Protector Of Pedophiles Earth-wide
-
20 Thus, by their fruit you will recognize them.
-
Jesus himself said:
Thus, by their fruit you will recognize them.
-
what about:
Thus, by their fruit you will recognize them ... do you not understand?
-
Constantine, Crusades, Inquisition, Torture, Murder, Protector Of Pedophiles Earth-wide ... are about as rotten of fruit as you can bear.
truly - it doesn't get much more rotten then this.
-
oh, excuse me, I forgot .... what Jesus had to say is not NEARLY as important as what the popes have had to say.
'cause the POPES would never lie, or be mean, or bully anyone .. oh, no.
-
what about:
Thus, by their fruit you will recognize them ... do you not understand?

United States

#534468 May 4, 2014
truly - it doesn't get much more rotten *than this.

“The Black Mermaid”

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#534469 May 4, 2014
Gunslinger wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, the Pope should deny his faith and say "Actually, any religion is OK...they're pretty much all the same". What are you smoking. Of course Catholocism is the only way to God. Why would the Pope say anything else. Are Muslim Clerics preaching that Mormons are right? Are Lutheran Ministers teaching that Scientology is OK? The Pope is just standing up for his beliefs. So sad, too bad if that offends heathens.
I don't smoke, Pardner. Nor am I a heathen. I'm just a hookah-smoking caterpillar. Don't believe me? Go ask Alice.

Sincerely,
Grace Slick

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 4 min Bongo 53,150
Last Post Wins !!! [ game time :) ] (Jan '11) 4 min _FLATLINE-------- 2,482
steve toney 7 min angelbaby49 1
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 8 min another viewer 992,360
Who are the most racist people towards inter-ra... 11 min Doctor REALITY 9
Is God a "Bully" sometimes? 29 min Doctor REALITY 29
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 2 hr bonespurscadet 446,006
More from around the web