Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 695341 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

LTM

Sudbury, Canada

#533939 May 1, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Now that I know you meant it as a joke and that you were not serious ... that was a good joke you told.
Now, I'll tell YOU a good joke ... and I expect YOU to laugh.
Jesus studied all his life to be a Jewish Rabbi to suddenly hate Judaism and the Jews and decide to join the Catholic religion that taught everything opposite to Judaism.
ISN'T that ever a good joke to play on someone with not enough brain-power to figure out that it IS a joke???
HOW IS IT JUNE , THAT YOU SPEAK OF THE LIGHT WHEN YOU SIT IN DARKNESS, LIKE YOUR LYING FATHER satan.
why don't you go and slither off to another thread .
Jesus hated the evil in people , His love for man kind sent Him to the cross to save us for damnation.
Jesus didn't have to study the Holy Scriptures they were all about Him.
from start to finish .
Jesus proclaimed Himself to be the “Alpha and Omega” in Revelation 1:8, 11; 21:6; and 22:13. Alpha and omega are the first and last letters of the Greek alphabet. Among the Jewish rabbis, it was common to use the first and the last letters of the Hebrew alphabet to denote the whole of anything, from beginning to end. Jesus as the beginning and end of all things is a reference to no one but the true God. This statement of eternality could apply only to God. It is seen especially in Revelation 22:13, where Jesus proclaims that He is “the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.”

www.gotquestions.org/alpha-and-omega .

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#533940 May 1, 2014
Gods R Delusions x Mine wrote:
<quoted text>
OK, we all agree.
So debating a fig-eating 80 year old - with dementia - makes you what?
JUNITH, impressive evening ol' gal.
Ramen
:o)

"...makes me what?" - tired of repeating myself for her.

:o).
June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#533941 May 1, 2014
Regina wrote:
<quoted text>
Ohhh, so that's why you didn't figure it out.
;)
That's okay, neither did the mouth-breather.
Why didn't you comment on my hilarious joke???

June VanDerMark wrote:

<Now, I'll tell YOU a good joke ... and I expect YOU to laugh.
Jesus studied all his life to be a Jewish Rabbi to suddenly hate Judaism and the Jews and decide to join the Catholic religion that taught everything opposite to Judaism.
ISN'T that ever a good joke to play on someone with not enough brain-power to figure out that it IS a joke???
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#533942 May 1, 2014
pusherman_ wrote:
<quoted text> I also liked cold Prune, or Apple Juice.. They work well for me.
Great stuff.

If I start a thread on the issue of constipation, will you give your best advice on how to be "SAVED" FROM the hell of constipation???

:)
LTM

Sudbury, Canada

#533943 May 1, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
..Dan says they were never Jewish they are Christians.
.....and Jesus according to scriptures was Jewish his entire life.
.....Scriptures claim Jesus performed dozens of miracles for thousands of Jews and witnessed by thousands more Jews.
...... Jews say they know nothing of such miracles, or virgin birth, and most of the characters described Only in the scriptures.......and outside of scriptures during this era we have not one story of any of these stories by any Jewish or Roman scribe, philosopher, government official or writer.
...EVERY THING written about a man/god Jesus was written ONLY decades long after this man died, and only written by one select group of people......and no one can verify who these writers actually were because all we have are only copies of copies of copies, rewritten over and over and every time rewritten the story got bigger........as it always does..
... A man claimed to be the son of god born into the jewish religion, lives his entire life and devoutly worships in that religion,.......a religion that doesn't believe in sons of God.
...,Outside of the scriptures, no one in the entire Mediterranean from this era recorded anything about a miracle working man/god named Jesus.
.......something is terribly wrong Dan!
Not all Jews reject Christ ; Michael , Peter , Paul and a large following of Jesus believe in Christ , on the day of Pentecost over 3000 Jews believed after peter preached his famous sermon.
Salvations was give to the Jews , then to the gentiles

Now there was a Pharisee, a man named Nicodemus who was a member of the Jewish ruling council.
He believed as did many more when Jesus hang on the cross, even the Romans who were crucifying him.
concerned in Brasil

Europe

#533944 May 1, 2014
Mike_Peterson wrote:
<quoted text>
There were hundreds of scriptures being circulated among the Churches. None had all and son had a few
Jesus never told anybody to write anything. Could it be he knew only 10% of the people could read for the next 1400 years.
He set up a Church to teach. The Church created the Bible to help her 350 years after Jesus.
I sorry Mike you are completely mistaken.

From the start Christians knew what was scripture.

BTW it was God in the personage of the Holy Spirit who told the NT writers to write God's Word and the testimony of Jesus.

Peter exhorts in his Epistles that Paul's Epistles are Scripture equal to the OT

Before the end of the 2nd Century we can reconstruct the 98% of the NT books soley from the writings of the early church fathers, quoting the NT as Scripture.

What happened another 150 years later after presecution and the church able to function in the public area in saftey was the gathering of Bishops who affirmed these writings as scripture because they had been used by the early church in the 1st and 2nd centuries as scripture.

They did not roll dice to decide, they did not pull straws, the basis was of whether they were scripture or not was were they written by and Apostle or someone in close relations to one and had they been consistently been used as scripture.

They affirmed that which had already been for the past 300+ years.
They were not Roman Catholics as defined by the RCC there was no Pope of Popes at this council it was a vote of all the head Bishops with their scholars.

If I wish today to build the NT I could do as they did or luther, get the early church fathers, when they quote an Epislte as scirpture I or make a quote from a writing as scripture write it down,

When I am finnished checking the first 2 centuries I will have a complete NT

NO NEED FOR ANY MAN MADE INSTITUTION TO DETERMINE THE NT.

When I read the NT and I see Jesus affirm the 66 books the Hebrew cannon as scipture I now get the whole OT and I have my bible.

AGAIN Independent of any institution least of which is the RCC that came about in the 10th century, the same RCC that gave us Inquisition via a so called Papal Bull decree claiming it to be the revelation of God by a Pope who used torture and summary execution for conversion of heretics and non believers affirmed by 41 popes later for over 400+ years with the so called one true church murdering 10's of millions some 40+ million.

No sir the RCC has given the world a false Gospel and has deviated so far from the Apostolic tradition as they call it, that to call it christian is and insult to the early church.

Truth matters not regurgitated RCC Brain washed propaganda

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#533945 May 1, 2014
Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh this merry go round again. A careful look at the New Testament shows that Mary kept her vow of virginity and never had any (biological) children other than Jesus.
let see you prove that Mary stayed a virgin by these words of yours. I have read and understand the NT much more and beter than you and I know for a fact the NT doesn't indicate that Mary emained avirgin.

don't want to see a blog, lets see you prove your statement by using YOUR OWN WORDS.

lets see if you are up to the task.I think that you are ignorant and cant prove the lie that you are telling
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#533946 May 1, 2014
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
HOW IS IT JUNE , THAT YOU SPEAK OF THE LIGHT WHEN YOU SIT IN DARKNESS, LIKE YOUR LYING FATHER satan.
When you join Judaism you will then be able to truthfully brag about being in the light of the only god in the Abrahamic religion.

It wasn't nice of you and Martin Luther to pretend that the one god loves Protestants and quit loving the Jews.

THAT was and IS bad and very negative behavior that along with the fabricated story that Jews killed Jesus "the savior of ALL humans", resulted in a lot of Jews being put to death while being labeled as "Christ-killers."

Somebody should pay for those murders ... don't you THINK???
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#533947 May 1, 2014
<quoted text>
JUNITH, impressive evening ol' gal.
Thank you and back at you.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#533948 May 1, 2014
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
So you ars now,praying to the,Lord God Jehovah ...so do we all....Thanks be to Him .
That was a spoof ... and if you are praying to Jehovah you should be in Judaism ... NOT pretending you are a Christian.

OH ... WAIT a minute.

I'll bet you are one of those odd-ball Christians that believes you can get away with blasphemy as long as you are CUTE.
concerned in Brasil

Europe

#533949 May 1, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
The word "God" denotes religion. Professor of theology means to study the doctrines in all religions. It does NOT mean to study the doctrines of ONLY your Christian religion.
For instance a Christian theologian would not take his training in the religion of Islam, as he is taught that Islam is evil and false and offensive to the Christianized "God."
So the "Professor" of theology is a different term than plain stuffy old "theologian," or as Martin Luther referred to theologians that didn't agree with his theology ... "theologaster."
If you had YOUR way, there would only be theologians that study and believe exactly as YOU believe and that would suit your self-indulgent fantasies to a T.
It ain't gonna happen.
The word "God" denotes religion

No need to read further after this stupid dumb unfounded assertion.

If you said denotes all powerful or all seeing or God denotes LOVE GRACE MERCY JUDGEMENT, JUISTICE, but religion he does not denote.

God have mercy on you, you are pathetic person and I truly feel sorry for you.

Your posts are the equivalent of saying I was in Boston at 10 am May 1st 2014 oh and I was in New York at 10 am May 1st 2014

Nothing you post is logical or rational you are a drift in the ocean being tossed around by the seas.

You are Lost
God have mercy on you.
LTM

Sudbury, Canada

#533950 May 1, 2014
How is Jesus the Alpha and the Omega?
Jesus calls Himself the Alpha and the Omega three times in the book of Revelation (Revelation 1:8; 21:6, 13). In the Greek language, the original language of the New Testament, alpha was the first letter of the alphabet and omega was the last letter. Calling oneself the Alpha and Omega, then, would be equivalent to an English speaker saying "I am the A to the Z." Jesus further elaborates the meaning in Revelation 22:13, where He refers to Himself as, "The Alpha and the Omega, the first and the last, the beginning and the end" (also mentioned in Revelation 21:6).
Theologically, as the Alpha and the Omega, Jesus refers to Himself as eternal. From beginning to end, Jesus has always existed and always will exist. This is an attribute unique to God, meaning Jesus equates Himself with the eternal God the Father. Jesus did this in His earthly ministry as well, telling the religious leaders, "before Abraham was born, I am" (John 8:58 NIV). They understood His statement as a claim to be the Lord, the "I AM" of Exodus 3:14.
Further, as Alpha and Omega, Jesus connects Himself with statements of God from the Old Testament. Isaiah 44:6 says, "I am the first and I am the last; besides me there is no God." Isaiah 48:12 includes, "I am he; I am the first, and I am the last."
The Old Testament also highlights the use of first and last as marking the beginning and the end of something. For example, 1 Chronicles 29:29 states, "Now the acts of King David, from first to last, are written in the Chronicles of Samuel the seer." The context clearly indicates "from first to last" refers to "from beginning to end," a feature used seven times in 1 and 2 Chronicles.
Perhaps the first time this phrase is used summarizes it best. Revelation 1:8 reads, "'I am the Alpha and the Omega,' says the Lord God,'who is and who was and who is to come, the Almighty.'" Jesus is the eternal One and the Almighty who will one day return to fulfill the remaining prophecies of Scripture.
Jesus is the Alpha and the Omega in His eternal nature, His role in creation, His sustaining of the universe, and in His fulfillment as the Messiah. Those who read the words of Jesus referring to Himself as the Alpha and the Omega in Revelation find One who refers to Himself as Lord who will One day make all things new (Revelation 22).
Read more: http://www.compellingtruth.org/alpha-and-omeg...
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#533951 May 1, 2014
<quoted text>
Those are code-words for "we are here to burn your Bibles."
Right after we take away your tax exemptions.
I suggest if they were given any power to control government, they would once again be burning humans as being evil heretics.

"Heretic" is one of hojo's favorite words.

And Confrinting with the word is very fond of believing he has to correct other humans to be decent as is his HOLY self ... while he refers to homosexuals as perverts and is certain that "Jesus" (his standby) agrees with him.

Scary people indeed!
LTM

Sudbury, Canada

#533952 May 1, 2014

Is belief in the pre-existence of Jesus biblical?
The Bible makes it clear that not only did Jesus exist before His incarnation on earth, He is also part of the Trinity and existed as God from all eternity past. Supporting Scriptures appear throughout the New Testament in the Gospels and beyond.

One of the most well-known Scriptures supporting the pre-existence of Jesus is John 1:1, 14: "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God ... And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we have seen his glory, glory as of the only Son from the Father, full of grace and truth." This passage states that Jesus was with the Father from the very beginning of human existence and is in fact one with the Father.

There are also several Scriptures that describe Jesus' direct hand in creation. In fact, Jesus was the Person of the Godhead who actually did the work of creation: "All things were made through him, and without him was not any thing made that was made" (John 1:3; see also Colossians 1:15-16 and Hebrews 1:2). He worked in perfect harmony with God the Father, the source of creation (1 Corinthians 8:6), and the Holy Spirit, the power behind creation (Psalm 104:30).

Before Jesus officially began His ministry on earth, His cousin, John the Baptist, announced: "This was he of whom I said,'He who comes after me ranks before me, because he was before me'" (John 1:15). Considering the fact that John was six months older than Jesus, John's assertion confirms that Jesus existed before His human birth. In addition, we see that Jesus' power to do miracles during His ministry proclaims His divinity. He not only raised the dead (Luke 7:11-15; Matthew 9:18-25; John 11:1-44) and healed the sick and disabled, but He also had the divine authority to forgive sins (Luke 5:17-25).

Jesus' deity—and therefore pre-existence—is further proven by His miraculous resurrection (John 10:17-18). This act of power authenticated His ministry and means He is the living and divine Savior, who now sits at the right hand of God (Mark 16:19; 1 Peter 3:22).

Read more: http://www.compellingtruth.org/pre-existence-...
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#533953 May 1, 2014
<quoted text>
June!
After you come 'gangs burning Bibles.' That's good stuff. That's OWNERSHIP.
How do you get them to sound so goofy?
Ramen
Because they ARE goofy!

They fight with and kill each other over who has the REAL myth.

If they would stick with the word theory rather than pretending they OWN universal truth, they wouldn't fight.

They would say "Well, maybe it's this way, or maybe it's that way. I guess we will have to wait until it happens to know if there is or is not life after death.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#533954 May 1, 2014
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know - maybe it was because of Jesus' story to "Paul" - through another vision "Paul" had....
And you believed that garbage written by silly old men???

You stated one time that you didn't even know if Jesus actually lived. Yet you get right into the Gnostic dogmas and preach at others that THEY don't know the wholeness of Jesus and YOU DO.

You are VERY VERY arrogant.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#533955 May 1, 2014
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>Kay, look at this verse.
Luk 1:34
Then said Mary unto the angel, How shall this be, seeing I [know] not a man?
Any woman that was told that she was boinked by a Jewish god would be confused by how she ended up in the family way. For those who are too young to know ... that means pregnant.

I know I would wonder where the sperm came flying from that landed in my womb without my awareness.

I've had some weird sex, but never anything to match that episode.

:)
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#533956 May 1, 2014
concerned in Brasil wrote:
<quoted text>
The word "God" denotes religion
No need to read further after this stupid dumb unfounded assertion.
The word God to a Jew means Judaism.

The word God to a Muslim also means Allah, which translates as GOD

The word God to a Catholic means Catholicism

The word God to a Protestant means Protestantism.

You all claim it's the SAME god, but then you all claim that the god only loves YOU.

And to top it off, the Christian Gnostics believe their god is a different god than the Jewish god.

And all of you want me to respect your beliefs???

I think NOT!!!

You are nuttier than fruitcakes.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#533957 May 1, 2014
I don't live in an Islamic culture, but my guess is that the religious divisions in Islam are caused because of the same type of fighting over who is favored by the supposed savior "the Mahdi" as occurs over the supposed savior Jesus among Christians.

And I suggest that the splits among the Hindus is for the same reason ... they all want to be the favorite of the supposed savior Krishna.

I doubt that things will change any time soon.

That word "salvation" in all religions was and is a REAL trouble maker.
LTM

Sudbury, Canada

#533958 May 1, 2014
concerned in Brasil wrote:
<quoted text>
I sorry Mike you are completely mistaken.
From the start Christians knew what was scripture.
BTW it was God in the personage of the Holy Spirit who told the NT writers to write God's Word and the testimony of Jesus.
Peter exhorts in his Epistles that Paul's Epistles are Scripture equal to the OT
Before the end of the 2nd Century we can reconstruct the 98% of the NT books soley from the writings of the early church fathers, quoting the NT as Scripture.
What happened another 150 years later after presecution and the church able to function in the public area in saftey was the gathering of Bishops who affirmed these writings as scripture because they had been used by the early church in the 1st and 2nd centuries as scripture.
They did not roll dice to decide, they did not pull straws, the basis was of whether they were scripture or not was were they written by and Apostle or someone in close relations to one and had they been consistently been used as scripture.
They affirmed that which had already been for the past 300+ years.
They were not Roman Catholics as defined by the RCC there was no Pope of Popes at this council it was a vote of all the head Bishops with their scholars.
If I wish today to build the NT I could do as they did or luther, get the early church fathers, when they quote an Epislte as scirpture I or make a quote from a writing as scripture write it down,
When I am finnished checking the first 2 centuries I will have a complete NT
NO NEED FOR ANY MAN MADE INSTITUTION TO DETERMINE THE NT.
When I read the NT and I see Jesus affirm the 66 books the Hebrew cannon as scipture I now get the whole OT and I have my bible.
AGAIN Independent of any institution least of which is the RCC that came about in the 10th century, the same RCC that gave us Inquisition via a so called Papal Bull decree claiming it to be the revelation of God by a Pope who used torture and summary execution for conversion of heretics and non believers affirmed by 41 popes later for over 400+ years with the so called one true church murdering 10's of millions some 40+ million.
No sir the RCC has given the world a false Gospel and has deviated so far from the Apostolic tradition as they call it, that to call it christian is and insult to the early church.
Truth matters not regurgitated RCC Brain washed propaganda
"AMEN" amen

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 4 min Riverside Rednek 59,079
MESSAGE to Adam Lanza IN HELL 10 min Charles Bronson 13
Fischbach army depot-NATO site 67 (Mar '07) 31 min John B 472
Enough is Enough. Jehovahs Witnesses is a incid... (Oct '15) 32 min Comeonnow 2
1z0-808 Real Exam Dumps 51 min jhoniliver 1
1z0-808 Dumps Questions 54 min addison 1
*** All Time Favorite Songs *** (Dec '10) 2 hr Classic 4,494
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 hr Feb 2018 994,022
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 4 hr youareaperv 446,240
More from around the web