Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 599646 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#533509 Apr 30, 2014
Gods R Delusions x Mine wrote:
<quoted text>
How do you know they are bats and not birds?
How do you know you are right and I am wrong?
I say slavery is immoral .., and always has been.
What did your Bronze Age god say?
I say no true God would judge and condemn its own creation to eternal suffering -- and know all the details BEFORE the first creation.
Why is your Bronze Age god so --- ahhh, Bronze Age?
you don't understand some minute details and apparently you don't understand the evil that humans do. what NO ONE can understand tho, is gaytheist doctrine where there's 13+ billion year gaps that beg for rational explanation! you'd rather argue about bats and birds tho and i can understand why;-)
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#533510 Apr 30, 2014
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Incorrect.
Lutherans believe that the Body and Blood of Christ are "truly and substantially present in, with and under the forms" of consecrated bread and wine (the elements),
i.e. the bread and wine remain bread and wine- "...with and under the forms..."
Catholics believe that the wine and bread are changed into the Body and Blood of Christ at Mass, under the "species" (appearance) of bread and wine.
i,e. it's no longer bread and wine.
...If you went to communion and took your consecrated host to a laboratory to have it tested would the results state that its unleven bread or flesh and blood?.
Dan

United States

#533511 Apr 30, 2014
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Dan,
Paul told Timothy...
1 Timothy 3:1
3 Here is a trustworthy saying: Whoever aspires to be an overseer (elder-bishop) desires a noble task.
What do the scriptures say about the authority of elders?
They have to be ordained-actual ministerial authority must be conferred unto them.

Just like Paul and Timothy.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#533512 Apr 30, 2014
<<snipped to respond>>
atemcowboy wrote:
I have personally obtained from Schuller's Crystal Cathedral Church a video and an audio-tape of Billy Graham's interview. The Infamous May 31, 1997 Interview: Graham and Schuller
The Reverend Robert
Schuller of
California's Crystal
Cathedral interviewed
Billy Graham.
Robert Schuller: "Tell me, what do you think of the future of Christianity?"
Billy Graham: "I think everybody who knows Christ, whether they're conscious of it or not, they're members of the Body of Christ...God's purpose is to call out a people for His name, whether they come from the Muslim world, Buddhist world, the Christian world, or the non-believing world, they are members of the Body of Christ, because they've been called by God. They may not even know the name of Jesus...and I think they are saved, and that they are going to be in heaven with us."
Robert Schuller (overjoyed): "What I hear you saying is that it's possible for Jesus Christ to come into human hearts and soul and life even if they've been born into darkness and never had exposure to the Bible. Is that a correct interpretation of what you are saying?"
Billy Graham: "Yes it is, because I believe that. I've met people in various parts of the world...that have never seen a Bible or heard about a Bible, and never heard of Jesus, but they've believed in their hearts that there was a God."
So, there you have it. The world's most famous evangelist teaches that no one needs Jesus to be saved and enter the Kingdom of Heaven. They're already members of the Body of Christ whether they know it or not! All they have to do is believe in a God--like one of the three million Hindu gods; or perhaps the man-god whom many Buddhists worship, the Dalai Lama; or the Moslem's Allah; or perhaps the Cosmic God of the evolutionists; or the witches' horned god, Pan; or perhaps all that people must do is believe in the New Age deity--themselves--as God!
Frankly, if Graham is right, isn't it time we just folded our tents and stopped all this foolishness of preaching? Why print Christian Bibles if the Hindu or Buddhist scriptures will suffice? If Billy Graham is right, we are certainly blowing millions of dollars on missionaries.
In fact, I can't understand why Graham himself is still going on stage to perform. Is it all ego and pretense? Why doesn't Billy just have his aides purchase a blaring, gaudy, and colorful message on thousands of billboards across the globe, declaring: "Attention Pagans, Heathens, and other Religionists: Whether you know it or not, you already have Christ within. Congratulations--you're on your way to heaven!"--signed, Yours Sincerely, Billy Graham, world-famous Christian evangelist.
Is there a reason why you posted this spam?
You didn't state why.
Why do you believe any of what has been stated? I know - you like believing in men - knowing that they know "God" better than you, huh?
*sighs*
hojo

Chanhassen, MN

#533513 Apr 30, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
By the way ... this is a forum ... not a church. And when the words "Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican" stares those who disagree in the eyeballs, they choose to respond with their own opinions ... not your opinion.
I attempt NOT to respond ( but not always) with my personal " opinions" which seems to be the essence of The majority of your atheistic comments!!..... In addition I try to make every effort to quote the TRUE historical and biblical TRUTH and the TRUE teachings and doctrine of Jesus Christs One True Apostolic Catholic Church.....but unfortunately those on this forum who vindictively,attack, bash and rip at the Catholic Church sometimes make it difficult to "stay on that track"!!!... My apologies to those whom I have " vented my anger" such as you June!,
atemcowboy

Waverly, OH

#533514 Apr 30, 2014
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
They have to be ordained-actual ministerial authority must be conferred unto them.
Just like Paul and Timothy.
where does the Bible say as to whom Ordained Paul?

looks like you are as stupid this time around on this forum as you have been in the past.
concerned in Brasil

Europe

#533515 Apr 30, 2014
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus doesn't reference the NT, assuredly, as it hadn't been written.
This is why Sola Scriptura is faulty. The Bible isn't self-referential. The Bible doesn't say that the Bible is the sole means of instruction in the faith.
Peter and Paul's act of teaching is evidence on its own that the message of Jesus wasn't confined to what's written down.
Ah Flat wrong

Jesus references the NT by saying to his apostles he will send the Spirit after he is gone to remind them of all he taught. Which they wrote down

Peter goes so far in his Epistle to Say Paul's Epistles are Scripture and Equal the already existing scriptures that which we call the OT.

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#533516 Apr 30, 2014
does anyone think the new pope could be the antichrist? if the timing is right, i think he could be the false prophet who's bascially the religious butt-boy to the antichrist!

i heard a snipet of his Easter sermon - NOT A WORD SAID ABOUT THE RESSURRECTED CHRIST, but just political mumb-jumbo about world peace!

United States

#533517 Apr 30, 2014
Gods R Delusions x Mine wrote:
How is hojo today?
Just trying to be positive. I study my God's message. Have you considered studying Latin, so you might gain a greater understanding of your scripture?
Priests are usually highly educated. I'll bet yours would encourage you as well.
May the FSM be with you.
Ramen
-
-
hojo wrote:
I don't consider it a "necessity" to study Latin..........Many Church historians, theologians. Linguistic interpreters, and apologists spend theirs entire lives studying, discerning, pondering
and construing the most accurate translation of historical documents, by interpreting the Latin language from ancient Roma into English.......There is nothing that you or myself as "laymen" are going to find that is different from the extensive research of highly qualified
ilinguistic interpreters or any others PhD's historians/theologians have already discovered!!!!....Experts in their fields of study!!!!!
-
-
hojo: "....Experts in their fields of study!!!!!"
-
unfortunately - if one studies nothing but lies built upon lies then they are "experts" in the lies and the propagation of the lies.
The Catholic Church is expert at propagating lies and fooling its followers into thinking the "mistakes" of a "few errant priests and popes" are not enough to show the church to be just what it is: A Political Institution Bent on the Acquisition of Power ...and nothing more.
Dan

United States

#533518 Apr 30, 2014
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Dan,
Yes, I have watched them......
And there is more to it then just watching them....
Why did you watch them?

Why would you listen to any preacher, if all you're to do is read and study scripture?

Aren't you detracting from that task by listening to someone else?
hojo

Chanhassen, MN

#533519 Apr 30, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
That's part of the subject.
Another part of the subject is that you are certain that Jesus loves Catholics and doesn't love Protestants and that is why you left the Protestant religion for the Catholic religion.
Sorry to disappoint you June but I have NEVER said that nor do I believe that !!!!......You are playing "word games" and making things up!!!!
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#533520 Apr 30, 2014
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't consider it a "necessity" to study Latin..........Many Church historians, theologians. Linguistic interpreters, and apologists spend theirs entire lives studying, discerning, pondering
and construing the most accurate translation of historical documents, by interpreting the Latin language from ancient Roma into English.......There is nothing that you or myself as "laymen" are going to find that is different from the extensive research of highly qualified
ilinguistic interpreters or any others PhD's historians/theologians have already discovered!!!!....Experts in their fields of study!!!!!
...Of course church historians will say that. They are biased. Would you expect catholic historians to come to different conclusions?(lol)

..... I am sure Jewish historians come to different conclusions of doctrine meanings of OT writings and pooh pooh NT writings.

....There is no smoking gun of truth.

concerned in Brasil

Europe

#533521 Apr 30, 2014
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
Tell me why this Book and passage was removed from your Bible:
Wisdom of Solomon 2:12-22
12 "Let us lie and wait for the righteous man;
Because he is an incoveneant to us and opposes our actions.
He re proaches us for sins against the law and
accuses us of sins against our training.
He professes to have knowledge of God
and calls himself a child of the Lord.
He became to us a reproof of our thoughts and the very
sight of him is a burden to us.
His manner of life is unlike that of the others;
And his ways are strange.
We are considered by him as something base.
and he avoids our ways as unclean.
He calls the last end of the righteous happy
and boasts that God is his father.
Let us see if his words are true and test
what will happen at the end of his life.
For if the righteous man is God's Son, he
will help him and will deliver him from the
hands of his adversaries.
Let us test him with insult and torture to see how gentle
he is.
let us condemn him to a shameful death;
20 For according to what he says
he will be protected"
21'Thus they reasoned but were led astray. For their wickedness blinded them. And they did not know the secret purpose of God.
Oldjg says this is a Roman Catholic forgery. If this is a prophecy - and obviously it is- it would have to be inspired by God.
Not in your Bible. Why?
Tell my why you never defend you RCC's sects claims and only put out these Rabbit trail posts?

No books were removed as the Apcorpha was never consider scripture equal to the 66 until the council of Trent when they were canonized at the Council of Trent in the 16th Century.
That is according to New Advent by the way.

So the question should be why did it take Rome the great deposit of Faith the one true yadda yadda some 1600 years to decide what was scripture.
atemcowboy

Waverly, OH

#533522 Apr 30, 2014
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<<snipped to respond>>
<quoted text>
Is there a reason why you posted this spam?
You didn't state why.
Why do you believe any of what has been stated? I know - you like believing in men - knowing that they know "God" better than you, huh?
*sighs*
first, it is not spam, it is info about a "false teacher" of the gospel.

if you don't like what I post, then don't read it. what I post is none of your business anyhow, so just mind your manners , wipe your chin and go outside to play with the other little children and leave the adults to discuss matters of National Security
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#533523 Apr 30, 2014
Richie T wrote:
<quoted text>Folks, Hojo failed to mention in his often-repeated "42,000 + Protestant sects," that the RCC has multiple sects, and they do not agree 100% with each other in matters of faith and doctrine. The unity of the Roman Catholic Church is a myth.
...He usually says 42,200. He says he knows the name of each one.
Dan

United States

#533524 Apr 30, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
...If you went to communion and took your consecrated host to a laboratory to have it tested would the results state that its unleven bread or flesh and blood?.
It would tell me what I knew it was before it went to the lab.

That it's the Body and Blood of Jesus under the appearance of bread and wine. Just what I said we believe it is.

Thanks
Dan

United States

#533525 Apr 30, 2014
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>where does the Bible say as to whom Ordained Paul?
looks like you are as stupid this time around on this forum as you have been in the past.
Ananias.

Acts 9:15.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#533526 Apr 30, 2014
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Timothy was ordained by Paul, who was himself ordained-actual ministerial authority was conferred.
I appreciate your help in making my point, Truth.
What is your point, Dan???

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#533527 Apr 30, 2014
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:

Fine ciB - we'll play it your way.
Please post a religion that existed earlier than 3100 BCE. Then state how that religion came into play with those individuals.
concerned in Brasil wrote:
<quoted text>
You really are a dumb dumb
No I am not. In fact, I consider myself quite intelligent.

But since you want to go to a child's level of discussing facts by calling others names, I can understand why you will never be a so-called "Christian" in anyone's eyes - you just love to be a hypocrite of your belief. Especially when you know it has been fraudulent and places high regard upon fallacies.
<quoted text>
The first human that looked up to the Stars at night and sensed with his Spirit the creator of all their is and lifted up his hands in Awe and shouted where are was religous and had Religion.
a. No - I disagree - until you can provide some evidence to your position.

More astounding is the fact that you really don't know this, but exclaim with all your might you do. Please stop lying and provide factual evidence, instead of taking the "June" rouote and suggest or stating an opinion.

The fact is - religion came after spirituality. Deal with it.
<quoted text>
It had no name but never the less Religion existed as Spirituality existed like when you light a fire you have fire and heat at the same time. YOU can not separate them.
Your metaphor and comparison don't mean squat.

The fact is that religion was realized long after spirituality. If you would research this aspect of history, you will find this out as well.

But alas, you would rather stay ignorant.
<quoted text>
Have good life and may you find the Lord of the Universe and his saving Grace found In Jesus the Christ
I have and do, when are you going to do the same?
concerned in Brasil

Europe

#533528 Apr 30, 2014
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Most people, even educated people, farm out their taxes and legal issues (among many other things that have instructions transcribed-like auto repair manuals, etc.) to those who are experts in interpretation and application of tax law and other parts of the law or car repair (or whatever)..
I can study a law book or the tax code all day and all night, but doing so will never make me a CPA or a lawyer or mechanic until I can evidence my expertise via the CPA exam, the bar exam, or the certification test to be a mechanic.
Someone other than me, with authority, tells me that I'm right or I'm wrong.
For some reason, the same people who will farm their taxes, legal issues and car repair out to an outside authority (even though CPA's, attorneys and mechanics learn from things that anyone can obtain and read themselves), they treat the matter of their eternal soul as a DIY project, refusing recourse to any authority save themselves.
You equate the Bible to 2000 page tax document or 1000 books of legal precedent LOL ROFL institutions of men made complicated for the explicit purpose of taking your money.

YOU are an Idiot

and clearly never read the Bible.

But it begs the question if you are not qualified to interpret the Bible how come you are qualified to interpret the interpretation and remember Rome's interpretations and books on Scripture make the 1000 books of legal precedent or a 2000 page tax document look like a walk in the Park.

So how do you know you don't need and interpreteur for the intrepretation of the Bible.

See what you espouse is pure irrational illogical dribble but you think in your puffed up state its some kind of golden nugget.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 2 min Justise_League 864,759
treatment will make one able to survive (treata... 4 min globalvisionngo 1
Skin Care 19 min nitamansukhani 1
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 29 min dollarsbill 6,473
The Christian Atheist debate 32 min ChristineM 2,009
White Lives MATTER 2 hr Johnny 86
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 2 hr MUQ2 40,876
More from around the web