Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 599401 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#532934 Apr 28, 2014
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
By "ritual formality" do you mean the Mass that Jesus gave us? Take it up with Him. As members of His Church, we are not authorised to undo what was taught. Instead of leaving the Catholic Church, and starting your own, or joining some other man made group, you should have stuck around and asked why they teach what they teach. You know....found out about these ritual formalities. What are they; where did they originate; why does the Church do this; why does the CC have 7 more Books than Protestantland?. Maybe if you knew the answer to the last one, you would never have left for a sect that removed parts of the Bible without authorization from God...
Horse puckett!!!!

Paganism and Catholicism: Mass
Author: Professor Walter J. Veith, PhD
Publish date: Sep 2, 2009
Summary: Mass, one of the key traditions in Roman Catholicism, has components of sun worship rather than Christ-worship.

In the Roman Catholic mass, the Eucharist or “host”, the round disc in the crescent moon, was a symbol of ancient Babylon, and is found in all the ancient religions. In Catholic cathedrals, these symbols are very prominent, often depicting a round form of mother and child within the crescent moon.

The rebirth of the sun god was celebrated by the eating of round bread in Babylonian times, and was common in Mithraism and Osiris worship. Historian Alexander Hislop says this:

And here, in a so-called Christian Church, a brilliant plate of silver,“in the form of the SUN,” is so placed on the altar, that everyone who adores at the altar must bow in lowly reverence before that image of the “SUN.” Whence, I ask, could that have come, than from the ancient SUN-worship, or the worship of Baal? And when the wafer is placed so that the silver “SUN” is fronting the “round” wafer, whose "roundness" is so important an element in the Romish Mystery, is only another symbol of Baal, or the sun, what can be the meaning of it, but to show to those who have eyes to see that the “Wafer” itself is only another symbol of Baal.i

Pope John Paul wrote in 1998 that mass also includes an element of Mary veneration, which, as we have seen, is also a pagan practice:

Significantly, the Catechism of the Catholic Church teaches that "the Sunday celebration of the Lord's Day and his Eucharist is at the heart of the Church's life"…As they listen to the word proclaimed in the Sunday assembly, the faithful look to the Virgin Mary, learning from her to keep it and ponder it in their hearts (cf. Lk 2:19).

With Mary, they learn to stand at the foot of the Cross, offering to the Father the sacrifice of Christ and joining to it the offering of their own lives. With Mary, they experience the joy of the Resurrection, making their own the words of the Magnificat which extol the inexhaustible gift of divine mercy in the inexorable flow of time: "His mercy is from age to age upon those who fear him" (Lk 1:50).

From Sunday to Sunday, the pilgrim people follow in the footsteps of Mary, and her maternal intercession gives special power and fervour to the prayer which rises from the Church to the Most Holy Trinity.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#532935 Apr 28, 2014
Christ built not the RCC.....Constantine did.....based on paganism still being practice today!!!!

The Roman Catholic Church, headquartered in Rome, Italy, has its own powerful City-State, the Vatican, and claims over 968 million members worldwide and 60 million in the U.S. and Canada (as of 1996).(Catholic membership figures are considerably misleading, though, in that they count as members every person who has been baptized Catholic, including millions of people who were baptized as infants but who are not practicing Catholics.)

The Roman Catholic Church, in its pagan form, unofficially came into being in 312 A.D., at the time of the so-called "miraculous conversion" to Christianity of the Roman Emperor Constantine. Although Christianity was not made the official religion of the Roman Empire until the edicts of Theodosius I in 380 and 381 A.D., Constantine, from 312 A.D. until his death in 337, was engaged in the process of simultaneously building pagan temples and Christian churches, and was slowly turning over the reigns of his pagan priesthood to the Bishop of Rome.

However, the family of Constantine did not give up the last vestige of his priesthood until after the disintegration of the Roman Empire -- that being the title the emperors bore as heads of the pagan priesthood -- Pontifex Maximus -- a title which the popes would inherit.(The popes also inherited Constantine's titles as the self-appointed civil head of the church -- Vicar of Christ and Bishop of Bishops.)

Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#532936 Apr 28, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Doesn't matter what else I do, according to your doctrine, once I've confessed per Romans 10:9, I'm saved for all eternity. Does your protestant denomination teach that you need more?
...Someone concerned so much about the next life is someone not very happy with this life. The insults, the name calling, the talking down of other Christians are obvious signs of trouble in your life.

....What is it that troubles you so much? Are having doubts about your belief? I am sure that's what it is. Your just like Mother Theresa, who shocked the world with her own words in her biography that God was not present in her times of need.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON to Save us

#532937 Apr 28, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
161 Believing in Jesus Christ and in the One who sent him for our salvation is necessary for obtaining that salvation.42 "Since "without faith it is impossible to please [God]" and to attain to the fellowship of his sons, therefore without faith no one has ever attained justification, nor will anyone obtain eternal life 'But he who endures to the end.'"43
51 "It pleased God, in his goodness and wisdom, to reveal himself and to make known the mystery of his will. His will was that men should have access to the Father, through Christ, the Word made flesh, in the Holy Spirit, and thus become sharers in the divine nature."2
480 Jesus Christ is true God and true man, in the unity of his divine person; for this reason he is the one and only mediator between God and men.
Catechism of the Catholic Church.
Amen...contrary to what has been said I say.......as I have said many times,, I believe many true Christians are,within the Catholic Church, but also BELIEVERS,not Catholic believe in the Same Christ as the ONLY mediator and Saviour
Anthony MN

Andover, MN

#532938 Apr 28, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
...Someone concerned so much about the next life is someone not very happy with this life. The insults, the name calling, the talking down of other Christians are obvious signs of trouble in your life.
....What is it that troubles you so much? Are having doubts about your belief? I am sure that's what it is. Your just like Mother Theresa, who shocked the world with her own words in her biography that God was not present in her times of need.
Lol. Nice try Mike.
Migeul

Hamilton, Canada

#532939 Apr 28, 2014
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text> Boy you are delusional.....you did your fare share of personal insults and said nothing to Husker when she took joy in Nicks suffering from lack of breathing. THE ONLY CATHOLIC HERE THAT DID SAY ANYTHING TO HER WAS ANTHONY. And it was only a slap on the hand. I remember an all nighter with Nick and myself when you and Regina joined forces in your name calling insults tpwards us. and YOU claiming that Nicks illness should be NO excuse or that he should not be treated any different than any other poster.If he couldn't take it then he should leave. That's what YOU said.Well let me tell you something Mr..... Nick was a kind and humble man that Cared for other people before himself. He had a heart of gold. He suffered greatly and never once complained. His only concern was for me He trusteed God to help him no matter what the out come would be.He saw the goodness first in all people no matter what faith they were OR if they had no faith in God Nick looked at their heart. He also saw the arrogance in people whom claim to be true Christians. No matter what faith you believe in there is NO excuse for spitting on others for whom you disagree with NO Matter how many times they repeat themselves with something that you disagree with. A true Christians would just keep their mouth shut and walk away after so many times of explaining. Now, go ahead and do what you do best. Rip me apart with your famous sarcastic remarks against my personal self. I am not alone .Nick is still with me....
,...Let it go.

...... They bait you, then they all pounce! like a pack of coyotes.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#532940 Apr 28, 2014
Migeul wrote:
<quoted text>
,...Let it go.
...... They bait you, then they all pounce! like a pack of coyotes.
ok Miguel.....

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#532941 Apr 28, 2014
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text> Boy you are delusional.....you did your fare share of personal insults and said nothing to Husker when she took joy in Nicks suffering from lack of breathing. THE ONLY CATHOLIC HERE THAT DID SAY ANYTHING TO HER WAS ANTHONY. And it was only a slap on the hand. I remember an all nighter with Nick and myself when you and Regina joined forces in your name calling insults tpwards us. and YOU claiming that Nicks illness should be NO excuse or that he should not be treated any different than any other poster.If he couldn't take it then he should leave. That's what YOU said.Well let me tell you something Mr..... Nick was a kind and humble man that Cared for other people before himself. He had a heart of gold. He suffered greatly and never once complained. His only concern was for me He trusteed God to help him no matter what the out come would be.He saw the goodness first in all people no matter what faith they were OR if they had no faith in God Nick looked at their heart. He also saw the arrogance in people whom claim to be true Christians. No matter what faith you believe in there is NO excuse for spitting on others for whom you disagree with NO Matter how many times they repeat themselves with something that you disagree with. A true Christians would just keep their mouth shut and walk away after so many times of explaining. Now, go ahead and do what you do best. Rip me apart with your famous sarcastic remarks against my personal self. I am not alone .Nick is still with me....
I can only guess who did the emoticons , Rose..we know,Nck was,what you say and much more..I wish I had known him longer . He taught me a lot and by His humor , one would never guess how he suffered...I i was surprised when I found out .

He lived you dearly and is in your heart...I told you I picture him dancing that Greek dance with Jesus and that was the night he died..

Most folks,on here were very nice in their prayers for him. And the nastiness that Was before only reflects,badly on them..

Peace, my dear sister..
LTM

Sudbury, Canada

#532942 Apr 28, 2014
Seraphima wrote:
Let their sarcastic remark fall on deaf ears Sere.
They boast in themselves and not in Christ.
Remember where the insults come from, which is no where important.
They both are hollow gongs.
Migeul

Hamilton, Canada

#532943 Apr 28, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol. Nice try Mike.
......Its obvious. You are fooling no one but yourself. Anger, insults, name calling belittling, are all traits of your posts.

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#532944 Apr 28, 2014
Gods R Delusions x Mine wrote:
<quoted text>
Like my Christian brothers, I'll enjoy the vices. Nothing wrong with pillaging and ravishing for God, but only for the one true God.
Ramen
Thanks for the sermon, but do I have to join your religion in order to go about pillaging and ravishing ... or can I do it on my own?

:)

Prince George, Canada

#532945 Apr 28, 2014
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
Spirituality is of the Self, whereas for religion, it is where men had placed the Self aside and chose to accept what other men have written as their basis for spirituality.
Christian-Gnosticism IS a religion.

All religions including yours teaches that spirit is the most important part of self that is attached to the DIVINE creator.

Prince George, Canada

#532946 Apr 28, 2014
Religion did not come first.
<quoted text>
I've provided a link to refute your original claim - that religion came first. I showed you were you are incorrect, as a belief in a "soul" or "life after" was ritualized by humans before any organization of those thoughts occurred.
Please provide at least one link that states otherwise.
You are in Gnosticism of your own design over your head, and Christian-Gnosticism is every bit as much a religion as Catholicism or Protestantism ... all of you believing that your "spirit" is the more important part of your being compared to your physical body which you will leave behind when your spirit leaves the earth for greener pastures.
concerned in Brasil

Europe

#532947 Apr 28, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Doesn't matter what else I do, according to your doctrine, once I've confessed per Romans 10:9, I'm saved for all eternity. Does your protestant denomination teach that you need more?
I do not belong to a "protestant denomination" I know that because you associate yourself with an institution of men and of the world I must belong to one too but again this proves you know not of the Spirit and what means to be in the world and not of the world.

well I know you know what I am about to post again because it has been posted numerous times to you.

But I love posting the Gospel if you have truly accepted Jesus as LORD AND SAVIOR, both are important especially the lord in this world of cheap grace today then you will have been transformed by the blood of Christ and your actions will reflect this new Spiritual reality.

Your sect teaches Faith with infused works will give you this New Spiritual reality but the Bible is explicit it teaches if you try to get forgiveness of sins by works then Jesus's sacrifice is moot.

If you truly believe in Jesus the Christ as Lord and Savior, in him for life and forgiveness of sins, then you will naturally change, it will come easy as his yoke is light you will naturally do it in the same way you care for your children because OF LOVE, its no burden its not work when you love. And to make Jesus as your Lord and Savior is to be in LOVE with your Lord and Savior and you will as an act of Love put your life inline with is ways as he leads and shows you and it will be natural and you will do because you are already sanctified and saved.

This again is how one works out their Salvation, how one reckons their sanctification.

Again note the tense the Bible denotes with regards to Christians, it indicates already in possession of we are not trying to get something, true Christians already have it, we work out the spiritual reality in our flesh. As Jesus said these words are of the Spirit.

And that is why the RC can't get it they don't let the spiritual meaning come to rule their thoughts they stay in the flesh and say its real blood and real flesh.

But Jesus said these words are of the Spirit are Spiritual.
Listen to him listen to the SPIRIT,

Spirits don't have flesh. the compound meanings the metaphors are numerous its Glorious.

Clearly you know nothing of my Doctrine but I know yours inside and out.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#532948 Apr 28, 2014
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
Let their sarcastic remark fall on deaf ears Sere.
They boast in themselves and not in Christ.
Remember where the insults come from, which is no where important.
They both are hollow gongs.
Right LT.
They asked what I think of your post on RCC, I honestly believe many Catholics love Jesus heart and soul and believe on Him as,Saviour...though I understand much more now, I learned of Jesus as Lord and His sacrifice in Catholic school..

I believe Christ knows,our hearts ,no matter how we worship .....as long as our focus is HIM..

I'm glad I do understand better , and have a bible to read ...I like you do not believe the CHURCH is only in a Church , it's in our Hearts, soul and Spirit ..

We humans love to label and codify...what was a simple message becomes steeped in theology, which was not how Christ taught...Just my take on it ...

God bless you
Anthony MN

Andover, MN

#532949 Apr 28, 2014
Migeul wrote:
<quoted text>
......Its obvious. You are fooling no one but yourself. Anger, insults, name calling belittling, are all traits of your posts.
You're way too easy Mike.

Prince George, Canada

#532950 Apr 28, 2014
<quoted text>
...you seem to understand the definitions, but yet you have posted as if you don't.
Odd.
I understand that new-age gurus such as you want to imply that you are much wiser than those in religion ... and so you use the word spiritual to look down from your high perch as though others should be impressed by that word "spiritual."

Those in religion had been using that word "spiritual long before the Abrahamic religion ever existed.
>>>>>>>

Buddhist View on Death and Rebirth

Improving the moral and spiritual quality of life improves its quality for us all rather than the selfish individualism that benefits the elite few who draw most resources.

http://www.urbandharma.org/udharma5/viewdeath...

Prince George, Canada

#532951 Apr 28, 2014
Mike_Peterson wrote:
John Henry Neumann:
To be deep into history is to cease being Protestant
It should also cease wanting to be Catholic or Muslim, or in Judaism, or in Hinduism, or in Buddhism, or in Gnostic-Christianity ... or any other religion.

All they do is brag that they know truth and other don't ... end of story.
Anthony MN

Andover, MN

#532952 Apr 28, 2014
concerned in Brasil wrote:
<quoted text>
I do not belong to a "protestant denomination" I know that because you associate yourself with an institution of men and of the world I must belong to one too but again this proves you know not of the Spirit and what means to be in the world and not of the world.
well I know you know what I am about to post again because it has been posted numerous times to you.
But I love posting the Gospel if you have truly accepted Jesus as LORD AND SAVIOR, both are important especially the lord in this world of cheap grace today then you will have been transformed by the blood of Christ and your actions will reflect this new Spiritual reality.
Your sect teaches Faith with infused works will give you this New Spiritual reality but the Bible is explicit it teaches if you try to get forgiveness of sins by works then Jesus's sacrifice is moot.
If you truly believe in Jesus the Christ as Lord and Savior, in him for life and forgiveness of sins, then you will naturally change, it will come easy as his yoke is light you will naturally do it in the same way you care for your children because OF LOVE, its no burden its not work when you love. And to make Jesus as your Lord and Savior is to be in LOVE with your Lord and Savior and you will as an act of Love put your life inline with is ways as he leads and shows you and it will be natural and you will do because you are already sanctified and saved.
This again is how one works out their Salvation, how one reckons their sanctification.
Again note the tense the Bible denotes with regards to Christians, it indicates already in possession of we are not trying to get something, true Christians already have it, we work out the spiritual reality in our flesh. As Jesus said these words are of the Spirit.
And that is why the RC can't get it they don't let the spiritual meaning come to rule their thoughts they stay in the flesh and say its real blood and real flesh.
But Jesus said these words are of the Spirit are Spiritual.
Listen to him listen to the SPIRIT,
Spirits don't have flesh. the compound meanings the metaphors are numerous its Glorious.
Clearly you know nothing of my Doctrine but I know yours inside and out.
You do belong to a protestant denomination. You may call it "non-denominational" , but that's just a cover in that your beliefs are based on a stew of mixed doctrines from assorted mainline denominations. Nondenominationalism started within the last several decades.

However shallow and carnal you may think my faith is, your doctrine does not give you the authority to label me since I have already met your minimum requirement of eternal salvation by professing per Romans 10:9. The only way you can dispute that is by denying that there's more to it than that.

Question CIB, do you think spiritual is the same as symbolic?

Prince George, Canada

#532953 Apr 28, 2014
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
Then why do you bother studying the Bible? You say all you need is Jesus Christ. Well, you can read John 3:16, and close your Book.
In order to preach lies from the KJV he NEEDS his bible to preach at you so that you will also be infected with his lies.

Meanwhile you want him to be infected with YOUR lies from the anti-Semitic new testament ... as your are of "divine-spiritual" importance to you.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 9 min MUQ2 40,855
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 34 min Great Day of Arma... 612,892
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 42 min dollarsbill 6,376
How To recover deleted notes on iphone 4/4S/5? (Mar '13) 1 hr doyleleighty 71
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr scaritual 863,884
There is Everything Wrong with Abortion (Nov '07) 1 hr Grunt56 221,979
Kokopelli's Place, too (Jan '08) 2 hr The Ghost Rider 24,114
The Christian Atheist debate 3 hr Critical Eye 1,927
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 4 hr Charlie Sheen 272,402
More from around the web