Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 690617 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Gods R Delusions x Mine

Orlando, FL

#533314 Apr 30, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Billy Graham is the master of deceit.
For decades he preached that only Christians would be allowed in heaven.
Now he preaches the exact opposite.
And he has yet to apologize for double-crossing his own bible.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =hrf60-zHl9AXX
The NEW Billy.

You're saved, even if you don't want to be.

Ramen
June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#533315 Apr 30, 2014
Gods R Delusions x Mine wrote:
<quoted text>
Why can't God communicate so that most humans understand, instead of fighting each other over the meaning?
I suggest that the first men of religion stated specifically that the gods were giving them messages.

And thereafter more authors added that this character or that character in religious literature was guided by messages from the gods.

It was easy to fool the superstitious people, and nothing has changed.

You can see on this forum how they digest those words written by stupid ancient men as though the words are of the highest value.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#533316 Apr 30, 2014
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
June
Who would know better than you on repeating mantras than you?(smiles)
Its funny though, you don't have any believers yet on the threads. Although I do like your questions and observations. They may be eccentric at times....
I'm sure you know that when you were an Atheist you were not at all popular ... so instead you choose to slide back into Catholicism and use your Catholic dogmas as fodder to fight against the Protestant religion to which you USED to belong.

And you consider that you are NOW WISE and fully ready for "heaven."

Hypnosis does that to those that place high value on their specific religious cults.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#533317 Apr 30, 2014
<quoted text>
Glad to hear.But why all the preaching?
With so much going for you, why waste time here. Why not go forth and do Jesus' work, as Jesus taught in the Bible?
I mean if you truly believed that is?
Here, you are swaying no one and no one will sway you. So what's the point -- if you truly believed?
I think my point is valid. Why are you "serving" your God in this bizarre way -- if you honestly believed. Like most others here, it seems more self-serving than God-serving. Can you explain?
hojo DOES believe that he is following a god's will. His mission is to make the people of the world over into Catholics, and he's putting all his energy into this mission.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#533318 Apr 30, 2014
<quoted text>
I only ask Jesus for the same consideration he supposedly gave Paul and Thomas and others, so they too could believe.
So far, only a couple of UFOs, Bigfoot, and a sea monster -- but no Jesus.
Then came the lite of reality, truth, and hope. I learned to think and read for myself.
You should try it. My God has given mankind so much more knowledge than we had in the Bronze Age.
Heck, I even discovered that bats are not birds and it's called sanitary when one washes one's hands before eating. Imagine the suffering that Jesus could have avoided for mankind, IF he were really a god and knew such things!!!
Imagine too if Jesus knew that slavery was morally wrong!!! Pity he didn't have a clue.
Come to the lite of reality, if you are able to handle it.
Ramen
Do you understand God is NOT bound by time???

What is man's problem here on earth???
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#533319 Apr 30, 2014
<quoted text>
The NEW Billy.
Ramen
Billy Graham teaches false doctrine and is a false teacher.......
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#533320 Apr 30, 2014
<quoted text>
It called the PRIMACY EFFECT.
Most here are victims, even you.
Because of early childhood teachings, you are unable to accept the one true God.
This is your daily admonition. Come to the lite Junith. Let us prey:
Our pasta, who art in a colander, draining be your noodles. Thy noodle come, Thy sauce be yum, on top some grated Parmesan. Give us this day our garlic bread, and forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trample on our lawns. And lead us not into vegetarianism, but deliver us some pizza, for thine is the meatball, the noodle, and the sauce, forever and ever. RAmen..
Ramen
Well, I'm sorry that I've hurt your feelings by not accepting Ramen as the real one and only god in the universe, but you will not make him take responsibility for the suffering and that is your problem.

A devout believer with a clear conscience would correct a god that the believer could see was on the wrong path ... but you do nothing but slobber over your god.

How do you expect Ramen to end suffering of all forms of animals if you don't threaten him with non-belief if he doesn't change that horrible pattern.

You have a responsibility and you don't take it as being at all serious.

:)
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#533322 Apr 30, 2014
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
One of the major problems is the human will to fight over religious dogmas.

You don't see other animals being so stupid.

“Evolved hunter/gatherer”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#533323 Apr 30, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
I suggest that a Jewish Rabbi would NEVER leave Judaism.
Well June your suggestion flies in the face of reality simply because there are former Jewish Rabbis.
Liam

Denver, CO

#533324 Apr 30, 2014
concerned in Brasil wrote:
<quoted text>
There is not one truth that is ignored or stepped on.
What you call a sick sense of humor was in existence before the NT it was the OT and that is why Paul says the Bereans were of more Noble character than the Thessalonians because the checked searched the scriptures daily to see what Paul taught was correct in the Scriptures so If Paul thought it was better to do it this way and and Paul said not to go beyond what is written then clearly it was possible. And the OT was in one room in most synagogues all the scriptures of the OT in scrolls were there and Jesus went into the Synagogue and read Joel and read the scriptures from a scroll a poor carpenters son for the poorest of city's Galilee
As it had been for the previous 1000 years in OT times.
You say hardly anyone could read but clearly some could and that was good enough for God and and his Apostle Paul.
And clearly you ignore that which the scriptures reveal that you are only once again regurgitating RC brain washing and have not had an original thought since you gave your brain over to the though police.
Why was it so important to the Romans to burn all the books the early Christians had and how come we have only 4 ancient texts of Plato but some 7000+ of the NT if no one could read or write.
Your false assertions are absurd and ignore biblical and historical FACTS
But how about you show why the RCC is the one true church, you sure are good at accusing falsely we get that but are you any good at defending your Sects assertions?
I meant to ask: Are you implying that the Jews privately interpreted the OT without Sacred Tradition? And without Priests or Rabbis?
How do you explain the various collection of inspired Books amongst the Jewish sects. The Sadducees only used 5 Books. They did not consider Isaiah or Daniel etc as Sacred Scripture.
Gods R Delusions x Mine

Orlando, FL

#533325 Apr 30, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
hojo DOES believe that he is following a god's will. His mission is to make the people of the world over into Catholics, and he's putting all his energy into this mission.
No one here is is trying to convert anyone.

They are only trying to validate an absurdity.

Except for me.

Ramen
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#533326 Apr 30, 2014
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Billy Graham teaches false doctrine and is a false teacher.......
Do you believe he taught the "correct" doctrine when he preached that only Christians (Protestants of course) would be allowed in heaven???

Come on now ... be HONEST!

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#533327 Apr 30, 2014
--SPOONER-- wrote:
<quoted text>
Good morning Rose.
There seems to be a bit of arguing on this thread so all should try your idea. If folks argue and something gets resolved then that's a good thing, but if nothing is settled, what's the point? Anyway it's worth a try anyway, maybe folks will listen.
Have a good day friend.
God Bless.
Peace.
You too Spooner.

It's sad I remember one year we had 2 pastors and at least a dozen folks under the flag..next time it was down to three or four...then it was just me, at the New flag place..

So I thought we collected it here...have to wonder what will go on in Washington this year , if anything. I know some group is protesting soldiers showing up in uniform to pray.

One has to think the idea of praying in public is scary for these folks...like Nativity scenes they go thousands of miles to little towns to say they offend them ,when the local taxpayers are fine with it ...( it's irreverent, but I have a mental picture of folks running in fright from.statues of baby Jesus and Mary)

The Evil One is fighting hard through these folks to try to BLOT OUT THE NAME OF GOD in all public discourse...

We should not be surprised...but I miss the things I took for granted as a child and young person..we as humans think everything modern is good...and everyone seems to be offended by something , loudly .

It's sad and then there is US , arguing about how to worship ....sigh
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#533328 Apr 30, 2014
<quoted text>
The NEW Billy.
Ramen
Billy knew his bible ... both times.

Martin Luther comes to mind. He was as devout as a Catholic monk, as he was as a leader of the Protestants.

Both times he was certain that "GOD" had shown him TRUTH.

Being that dumb is not an advantage.
Gods R Delusions x Mine

Orlando, FL

#533329 Apr 30, 2014
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you understand God is NOT bound by time???
Then why was creation divided into time frames?

DUH!!!!

Shouldn't your beliefs have at least some semblance of reality?

PS - I note that you will not answer a question directly.Why not? Because your delusion is made up as you go. You can't change reality, so you spin your delusion.

Bats are not birds either.

Ramen

Location hidden

#533330 Apr 30, 2014
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
June
What is the point of looking for answers, if you expect none?
You may as well just be a lump of jello.
Or is that what you expect me to be?
Its like you are all over the place, sometimes right, sometimes wrong. That's why I don't judge you. And perhaps that is most irksome to you?
Good points ... all.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#533331 Apr 30, 2014
Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>
Your spirit is not separate from you June. It IS you. It is the 'you' which exists beyond this mortal experience. It is the you which is a part of the greater entity of which we all are a part, and from which we all originate.
That part of you which demands control over the other part of you, is the mortal animal exerting it's innate character within you.
It has been said that there are two wolves inside each of us June and they battle within us all the time. The one that eventually wins the battle will be the one which you feed the most.
If you feed the animal wolf, your spirit begins to die, and more animalistic behavior will emerge in your life. If you seek and feed the spirit wolf within you, the animal wolf begins to die and peace and acceptance of and benevolence for others will emerge in your life.
You are correct June, we should stop fighting the theologian's battles and begin fighting our own ... the one that is already raging inside each of us.
I don't believe that I have a spirit that attaches to anything holy or evil.

I believe I have animal-type emotions that could cause me to either be considerate of others or plain cruel to others, and that it is up to me to try to control my own emotions.

Those in religion often believe that they have evil spirits in them ... and that has driven many people INSANE.

Then there are those who have convinced their selves that they are guided by a holy spirit.

I have never entertained those ideas as being of any value to me, or to others.

And that is why I no longer have ANY use for religion, or your so-called "spiritualism."
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#533332 Apr 30, 2014
<quoted text>
No one here is is trying to convert anyone.
They are only trying to validate an absurdity.
Except for me.
Ramen
Those in religion are always trying to make others "see the light" ... as they are certain that those in other religions are yet in darkness, and that it is their DUTY to GOD to lead others OUT of the darkness and into the LIGHT.

Religion is based on the arrogance of "I KNOW the way, if only you allow me to LEAD you."
Gods R Delusions x Mine

Orlando, FL

#533333 Apr 30, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Billy knew his bible ... both times.
Martin Luther comes to mind. He was as devout as a Catholic monk, as he was as a leader of the Protestants.
Both times he was certain that "GOD" had shown him TRUTH.
Being that dumb is not an advantage.
It all made sense when the earth was flat, mankind was scratching in the dirt, and had little knowledge of other peoples and beliefs.

I suggest that a rural Chinese Buddhist peasant is just as spiritually important to my God as is any Catholic or Protestant Fundie.

No "true" god would leave most of its own creation out of the salvation thing for so long.

Shouldn't ALL humans have the SAME "fullness" of salvation opportunity?

According to the wackos, the answer is "NO."

They are spiritually self-centered and empty..

Obviously, I am not.

Ramen

Location hidden

#533334 Apr 30, 2014
Richie T wrote:
<quoted text>ALL Christians become saints upon the very moment of their conversion :)
Would you be so kind as to describe "the very moment of their conversion"?
What is "conversion"? What happens at that moment to describe it as "conversion"?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 4 min NotSoDivineMsM 42,546
HOLLYWOOD striving to delete prayer from scripts 31 min dollars2donuts 1
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr Robert F 989,875
Do white girls really love filipino men? In wha... (Apr '14) 1 hr Johnny 12
Why it's high time to get rid of billionaires 1 hr Johnny 59
Why are Europeans a race of savages, thieves, a... (Jun '15) 1 hr European Historian 158
Bring the jobs back to the USA! 1 hr Johnny 649
More from around the web