Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 683740 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

“YESHUA IS LORD”

Since: Apr 07

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#533229 Apr 29, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
The nice thing about a forum is, those in religion can't beat each other with clubs or shoot each other with guns, as they all hide behind their fake names and they don't know where to track each other down.
:)
Actually ones location can be tracked down by use of the IP address.
truth

Dianella, Australia

#533230 Apr 29, 2014
Which truth yo liked absolute or infinite?
If you know I am life truth and way!!!

truth is=life=infinite+way= generation up to generation
Regina

Toms River, NJ

#533231 Apr 29, 2014
marge wrote:
“It is written:‘Man shall not live on bread alone, but on every word that comes from the mouth of God.’
I;m going to watch 19 kids and counting. Later.
That's right, Marge! But He never said "only if they're written down", did He? He never said sola/solo scriptura. Why settle for half when you can have all His words, when you can have the fullness of His truth? 18"I will not leave you orphans, I will come to you."
(P.S. That's John 14, LTM)

Enjoy your show!
concerned in Brasil

Europe

#533232 Apr 29, 2014
Regina wrote:
Is Sola Scriptura in the Bible? A Reply to R.C. Sproul Jr.
Sproul begins his essay with the following paragraph:
No, and yes. The Bible does not have specific text that suggests that the Bible alone is our final authority in all matters of faith and practice. Those who delight to point this out, however, typically Roman Catholics and the eastern Orthodox, typically miss the point. First, their energies more often than not are aimed at the Anabaptist error that we call solo Scriptura. Here the person affirms that all he needs is himself and his Bible. The wisdom of the church in history, the community of believers, are all deemed irrelevant to understanding the things of God. Solo scriptura is reprehensible and ignorant and a-historical.
Here Sproul first acknowledges that the Bible does not have a text that suggests that it alone is our final authority. Then he claims that Catholics and Orthodox who point this out are missing the point, because they are aiming their energies at solo scriptura. However, if the point of the Catholics and Orthodox who state this is straightforwardly to point out that the Bible does not have a text that suggests that it alone is our final authority, then these Catholics and Orthodox are not “missing the point,” but in fact making a true claim, one that Sproul himself acknowledges. We agree with Sproul that solo scriptura is “reprehensible.” But if, as Neal Judisch and I have recently argued here, there is no principled difference between solo scriptura and sola scriptura, then the fact that the Bible does not have a passage that suggests that the Bible alone is our final authority, is deeply problematic for those who claim that the Bible alone is our final authority.
http://www.calledtocommunion.com/2009/11/is-s...
There is no text that says God is trinity and revealed as three personages yet its Biblical.

You make no point Sola Scriptoria is Biblical in the same way The Trinity is Biblical.
Regina

Toms River, NJ

#533233 Apr 29, 2014
Sproul then writes:

Sola Scriptura is a biblical doctrine not because the Bible says so. That would be a tautology- the kind of argument we find in that collection of lies the Book of Mormon. Instead the Bible is our alone final authority because it alone is the Word of God. It has been attested, authenticated, by God Himself. Miracles serve as the divine imprimatur, the proof that this is a message of God. This is how Nicodemus reasoned when he said,“Rabbi, we know that You are a teacher come from God; for no one can do these signs that You do unless God is with him”(John 3:2). This is also how Jesus Himself reasoned when He first forgave the sins of the paralytic lowered through the roof. In response to the unspoken charge that He had blasphemed, Jesus told the man,“Arise, take up your bed, and go to your house”(Matthew 9:1-8).

Sproul claims that “the Bible is our alone final authority because it alone is the Word of God.” Nothing he says here actually demonstrates that only the Bible is the Word of God. In other words, nothing Sproul says here shows that the oral teaching of the Apostles was not the Word of God, or that this oral Apostolic Tradition, as it was passed down orally in the Church, was not the Word of God. The Catholic Church agrees that the Bible is the Word of God written. That’s not the point of disagreement. The point of disagreement (between Protestants and the Catholic Church) regarding sola scriptura is twofold: First, whether the Word of God written is the entirety of the Word of God given to the Church from the Apostles, or whether the Word of God spoken, and orally transmitted and handed down by the succession of bishops, is also the Word of God given to the Church from the Apostles. Second, whether or not Christ established a unique interpretive authority by way of apostolic succession from one Apostle to whom Christ gave the keys of the Kingdom. Sproul’s prooftexts do not substantiate the Protestant position regarding either of those two points of disagreement.

“YESHUA IS LORD”

Since: Apr 07

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#533234 Apr 29, 2014
The world seems empty since Pastor Murray died. God is preparing an army and I'm sure PM is a General officer in that army.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#533235 Apr 29, 2014
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
Thats ok oldgg, your act is gettin old anyway. I believe you realize your wrong. I can see it in almost every post of yours. Your writings are of a defeated man. Thats why I dont get upset with you anymore. I have pity. Not just for you, but for all the ignorant fundies. I wouldn't want to be in your shoes. One of the reasons why I love being Catholic is that they do not require me to force myself to be stupid. Y'all on the other hand, have entwined ridiculous slander as part of your religion.
I told CIB and you- and now I'll tell that Richie T dude: if u can debunk Catholicism without lying , I swear I will join your sect tomorrow. You can't do it...Bearing false witness against Catholics is the bloodline of fundamental Christianity. The CC doesn't ask us to lie about you. They don't need to. its all on the table... facts are facts; history archaeology, science, reason and logic vindicate the Catholic Church. I heard our Priest say Sunday- Divine mercy Sunday - " the doors on the Cathedral swing both ways. We have the free will to leave.
~~~~~

You wrote

Bearing false witness against Catholics is the bloodline of fundamental Christianity.

You are walking in gross darkness..

THE FUNDAMENTAL BLOODLINE OF CHRISTIANITY IS

JESUS CHRIST...

THE BLOODLINE BEGAN IN GENESIS...WITH ABRAHAM, ISAAC AND JACOB..

THE TRIBE OF JUDAH,...THE DESCENDENTS OF DAVID...THROUGH MARY , JOSEPH AND
JESUS (SIRED BY THE HOLY GHOST)

IT CONTINUES THROUGH THOSE THAT ARE ...BORN AGAIN OF THE SPIRIT

THOSE ADOPTED INTO THE FAMILY OF GOD TODAY..

THE ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE BLOOD LINE OF JESUS

IT CANNOT BE SAID OF ANY ONE BUT JESUS...

(AND WHY YOU BLASPHEMERS

ATTEMPT TO TAKE CREDIT ......FOR THIS .....THAT ...GOD THE FATHER DID

FOR US... IS BEYOND COMPREHENSION)

Isa 53:6 All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned every one to his own way; and

"THE LORD HATH LAID UPON HIM THE INIQUITY OF US ALL...
Regina

Toms River, NJ

#533236 Apr 29, 2014
concerned in Brasil wrote:
<quoted text>
You clearly read into the text that which is not there.
He says after the Lords supper Eucharist, after confessing your sins that your sacrifice may be pure, clearly when we take the elements the bread and wine we do this in remembrance of Him JESUS and we remember his Sacrifice, this clearly refers to OUR sacrifice you would do well to read more then just cherry pick.
so lets keep reading that which RC don't want any one to see.
14 On every Lord's Day—his special day527—come together and break bread and give thanks, first confessing your sins so that your sacrifice may be pure. &#8195;2Anyone at variance with his neighbor must not join you, until they are reconciled, lest your sacrifice be defiled. &#8195;3For it was of this sacrifice that the Lord said, "Always and everywhere offer me a pure sacrifice; for I am a great King, says the Lord, and my name is marveled at by the nations."528
15 You must, then, elect for yourselves bishops and deacons who are a credit to the Lord, men who are gentle, generous, faithful, and well tried. For their ministry to you is identical with that of the prophets and teachers. &#8195;2You must not, therefore, despise them, for along with the prophets and teachers they enjoy a place of honor among you.
3Furthermore, do not reprove each other angrily, but quietly, as you find it in the gospel. Moreover, if anyone has wronged his neighbor, nobody must speak to him, and he must not hear a word from you, until he repents. &#8195;4Say your prayers, give your charity, and do everything just as you find it in the gospel of our Lord.
You must, then, elect for yourselves bishops and deacons who are a credit to the Lord
Mmmmm Rome does not do this anymore the lay do not get to vote MMMM
Say your prayers, give your charity, and do everything just as you find it in the gospel of our Lord.
Mmmmm Roman Catholics do not pray as Jesus and the Apostles did as we find it in the Gospels they don't jsut pray to God only they now pray to dead people MMMMmmmm
Notice we are to pray as in the Gospels he is using scripture for dogma for Christian practice and this date in around 160-180 AD but wait how can this be we did not get the Bible till 382 AD according to Rome.
And he does not say pray as Holy tradition teaches but ONLY as the Gospels teach.
SOLA SCRIPTORIA
Thanks Regina
Gee, this fella really has you running in circles, doesn't he? You're reduced to arguing a point of practice (i.e. not doctrine). And might I remind you that He is the God of the living, not the dead. Or perhaps you worship a god of the dead? I didn't realize that, so sorry.
Michael

Canada

#533237 Apr 29, 2014
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
Our world is going to hell in a hand basket ....
Question if the two billion Roman Catholics is the answer...
why is it not changing the world? AND MAKING IT BETTER?
It's influence is accomplishing nothing ..BUT CATERING TO THE FLESH...
Wickedness is on the rampage...AND ALL YOU ARE DOING AGAINST THE EVIL
IS PRESENTING , YOUR POMPOUS RELIGIOUS...CALISTHENICS..AND FABLES
THERE IS NO ANOINTING...NO spiritual LEADERSHIP...no EXAMPLE OF holiness
JUST EMPTY RITUALS .... SIMILAR TO THE CHANTINGS OF THE WITCH DOCTORS...
THAT IS MUCH ADO ABOUT NOTHING....
Mat_23:15 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye compass sea and land to make one proselyte, and when he is made, ye make him twofold more the child of hell than yourselves.
...there are not 2 billion catholics. There are 1.2 billion mostly indoctrinated from the cradle and far less than that practice their faith.

....practicing world catholics is about 8% of the world population.
Dan

United States

#533238 Apr 29, 2014
LTM wrote:
cont
Many more examples could be given. These four should suffice in demonstrating the origin of the Catholic Church. Of course, the Roman Catholic Church denies the pagan origin of its beliefs and practices. The Catholic Church disguises its pagan beliefs under layers of complicated theology and “church tradition.” Recognizing that many of its beliefs and practices are utterly foreign to Scripture, the Catholic Church is forced to deny the authority and sufficiency of Scripture.
The origin of the Catholic Church is the tragic compromise of Christianity with the pagan religions that surrounded it. Instead of proclaiming the gospel and converting the pagans, the Catholic Church “Christianized” the pagan religions, and “paganized” Christianity. By blurring the differences and erasing the distinctions, yes, the Catholic Church made itself attractive to the people of the Roman Empire. One result was the Catholic Church becoming the supreme religion in the Roman world for centuries. However, another result was the most dominant form of Christianity apostatizing from the true gospel of Jesus Christ and the true proclamation of God’s Word.
Second Timothy 4:3–4 declares,“For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear. They will turn their ears away from the truth and turn aside to myths.”
://www.gotquestions.org
Finally got around to it, LTM.
"Second Timothy 4:3–4 declares,“For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear. They will turn their ears away from the truth and turn aside to myths.”
The very description of protestantism.
concerned in Brasil

Europe

#533239 Apr 29, 2014
Regina wrote:
Sproul then writes:
Sola Scriptura is a biblical doctrine not because the Bible says so. That would be a tautology- the kind of argument we find in that collection of lies the Book of Mormon. Instead the Bible is our alone final authority because it alone is the Word of God. It has been attested, authenticated, by God Himself. Miracles serve as the divine imprimatur, the proof that this is a message of God. This is how Nicodemus reasoned when he said,“Rabbi, we know that You are a teacher come from God; for no one can do these signs that You do unless God is with him”(John 3:2). This is also how Jesus Himself reasoned when He first forgave the sins of the paralytic lowered through the roof. In response to the unspoken charge that He had blasphemed, Jesus told the man,“Arise, take up your bed, and go to your house”(Matthew 9:1-8).
Sproul claims that “the Bible is our alone final authority because it alone is the Word of God.” Nothing he says here actually demonstrates that only the Bible is the Word of God. In other words, nothing Sproul says here shows that the oral teaching of the Apostles was not the Word of God, or that this oral Apostolic Tradition, as it was passed down orally in the Church, was not the Word of God. The Catholic Church agrees that the Bible is the Word of God written. That’s not the point of disagreement. The point of disagreement (between Protestants and the Catholic Church) regarding sola scriptura is twofold: First, whether the Word of God written is the entirety of the Word of God given to the Church from the Apostles, or whether the Word of God spoken, and orally transmitted and handed down by the succession of bishops, is also the Word of God given to the Church from the Apostles. Second, whether or not Christ established a unique interpretive authority by way of apostolic succession from one Apostle to whom Christ gave the keys of the Kingdom. Sproul’s prooftexts do not substantiate the Protestant position regarding either of those two points of disagreement.
Once again a RC contradicts herself.

Luke was not an Apostle yet his book is a Gospel that the Didache you posted today calls us to only adhere to the Gospel of the Lord. How could that be how can it be the entire book of Luke being quoted by Early church fathers as scripture and we can reproduce the book of Luke in its entirety just by early church fathers writings?

yet the Fact the Apostles and Luke and the Early church produced miracles is why their writings were authenticated as the word of God as were the words of Jesus's authenticated to be the word of God and HE the WORD by his miracles and his resurrection no less.

What is amazing is yes Sproul does substantiate you just choose to ignore flat out like its not there.

BTW the oral tradition of the Apostles is the NT it has been written down.

And the reason we know RC oral tradition is not the word of God is it contradicts the written word.

Amazing head in the sand to the nth degree

Location hidden

#533240 Apr 29, 2014
LTM wrote:
"What is the origin of the Catholic Church?"
Answer: The Roman Catholic Church contends that its origin is the death, resurrection, and ascension of Jesus Christ in approximately AD 30. The Catholic Church proclaims itself to be the church that Jesus Christ died for, the church that was established and built by the apostles. Is that the true origin of the Catholic Church? On the contrary. Even a cursory reading of the New Testament will reveal that the Catholic Church does not have its origin in the teachings of Jesus or His apostles. In the New Testament, there is no mention of the papacy, worship/adoration of Mary (or the immaculate conception of Mary, the perpetual virginity of Mary, the assumption of Mary, or Mary as co-redemptrix and mediatrix), petitioning saints in heaven for their prayers, apostolic succession, the ordinances of the church functioning as sacraments, infant baptism, confession of sin to a priest, purgatory, indulgences, or the equal authority of church tradition and Scripture. So, if the origin of the Catholic Church is not in the teachings of Jesus and His apostles, as recorded in the New Testament, what is the true origin of the Catholic Church?
cont
GOSPEL!!!!!
Dan

United States

#533241 Apr 29, 2014
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~~~
You wrote
Bearing false witness against Catholics is the bloodline of fundamental Christianity.
You are walking in gross darkness..
THE FUNDAMENTAL BLOODLINE OF CHRISTIANITY IS
JESUS CHRIST...
THE BLOODLINE BEGAN IN GENESIS...WITH ABRAHAM, ISAAC AND JACOB..
THE TRIBE OF JUDAH,...THE DESCENDENTS OF DAVID...THROUGH MARY , JOSEPH AND
JESUS (SIRED BY THE HOLY GHOST)
IT CONTINUES THROUGH THOSE THAT ARE ...BORN AGAIN OF THE SPIRIT
THOSE ADOPTED INTO THE FAMILY OF GOD TODAY..
THE ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE BLOOD LINE OF JESUS
IT CANNOT BE SAID OF ANY ONE BUT JESUS...
(AND WHY YOU BLASPHEMERS
ATTEMPT TO TAKE CREDIT ......FOR THIS .....THAT ...GOD THE FATHER DID
FOR US... IS BEYOND COMPREHENSION)
Isa 53:6 All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned every one to his own way; and
"THE LORD HATH LAID UPON HIM THE INIQUITY OF US ALL...
"THE ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE BLOOD LINE OF JESUS"

.......other than being the single largest and oldest Christian denomination in existence. Other than that, you may be onto something.

All caps doesn't render a statement accurate. Just saying.
Regina

Toms River, NJ

#533242 Apr 29, 2014
I'll pick up the Sproul conundrum tomorrow, it's getting late.

Good evening!
Dan

United States

#533243 Apr 29, 2014
<quoted text>
There is no text that says God is trinity and revealed as three personages yet its Biblical.
You make no point Sola Scriptoria is Biblical in the same way The Trinity is Biblical.
The trinity is biblical.

The doctrine of the Trinity is encapsulated in Matthew 28:19, where Jesus instructs the apostles: "Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit." It appears elsewhere in the New Testament (e.g., 2 Cor. 13:14, Heb. 9:14),

Thanks
Liam

Saint Paul, MN

#533244 Apr 29, 2014
<quoted text>
Actually it was not decided what the books would be, what was upheld was what books had already been scripture for the past 300+ years but that distinction escapes you because you were RCC brainwashed its not your fault you have never actually independently verified what you claim is truth.
That's just plain false. The Bible didn't even BEGIN to be discussed until the latter half of the second century. It took another 150 yrs before the Church decided on a set canon. Rome spoke and people had the right collection of Books for the Bible. Plain and simple. What, you think the Bible fell out of the sky with chapters and verses? For you to decipher?
Listen, the fact is, you NEED to disagree with the CC.... Or "Roman Roman Roman" Catholic for you fundies... That's why you disagree. You NEED too. Hence, the anarchy abyss as fanatics scramble to separate themselves from the anti christ, Whore of Babylon. You're all a bunch of paranoid conspiracy Christians. 9-11 conspiracy fanatics, but with Christian theology. If truth gets in your way, you simply insert a lie, then you feel better. Lol. RC murdered 100 billion people! "there, now I'm justified for going against the Eucharist! Down with the Romans!.
But wait, CIB, what about the maronite Catholics, Byzantine, Armenian Church, Ethiopian Catholic Church, Greek, Oriental, Syriac Catholic Church, Malankarese Church (founded by Thomas in India), Alexandrian and Coptic Catholic Churches- as well as 700 million of our eastern Orthodox brothers? You despise them, or just the Church in Rome?
Tell me, if the RC is brainwashing me like you stated, it appears I have other options, which are just as good.
No thanks, just this little forum alone exposes the doctrinal mess of evangelical bible fundamentals.
Regina

Toms River, NJ

#533245 Apr 29, 2014
<quoted text>
Once again a RC contradicts herself.
Luke was not an Apostle yet his book is a Gospel that the Didache you posted today calls us to only adhere to the Gospel of the Lord. How could that be how can it be the entire book of Luke being quoted by Early church fathers as scripture and we can reproduce the book of Luke in its entirety just by early church fathers writings?
yet the Fact the Apostles and Luke and the Early church produced miracles is why their writings were authenticated as the word of God as were the words of Jesus's authenticated to be the word of God and HE the WORD by his miracles and his resurrection no less.
What is amazing is yes Sproul does substantiate you just choose to ignore flat out like its not there.
BTW the oral tradition of the Apostles is the NT it has been written down.
And the reason we know RC oral tradition is not the word of God is it contradicts the written word.
Amazing head in the sand to the nth degree
"BTW the oral tradition of the Apostles is the NT it has been written down."

It is the written portion of Sacred Tradition.

"And the reason we know RC oral tradition is not the word of God is it contradicts the written word."

Specifics, sans commentary.
concerned in Brasil

Europe

#533246 Apr 29, 2014
Regina wrote:
<quoted text>
Gee, this fella really has you running in circles, doesn't he? You're reduced to arguing a point of practice (i.e. not doctrine). And might I remind you that He is the God of the living, not the dead. Or perhaps you worship a god of the dead? I didn't realize that, so sorry.
The Dead Is a biblical term used for those passed on and who may or not be in heaven.

AS the Bible says the dead will be raised and those in the Lord First.

The Bible refers to saints that have passed on to the next world so to speak as DEAD so maybe you should to and not take the God of the living out of context.

But Typical RC ignore the point which is that which you posted teaches Sola scriptoria and to ONLY pray as the Gospel of the Lord teaches, no oral tradition and the Gospel of the Lord only teaches to pray to God not saints living in the after life or in heaven or dead or anything else.

It teaches to pray to God only that is how Jesus taught his disciples to pray and that is how the Apostles taught us to pray no exceptions OT or NT.

And Paul exhorts us to use Oral tradition to supplement dogma NO PAUL SAYS DON'T GO BEYOND WHAT IS WRITTEN.

The only one spinning it big time and shucking and diving is you.

Location hidden

#533247 Apr 29, 2014
<quoted text>
Matthew was written Greek Only some RC think and hope for an Aramaic original but yet there is not one.
If you wish to superpose a Aramaic version you open a can of worms for then all the councils that embraced the Greek version as true and the Latin Vulgate would be in error.
So how about we stay in Reality and not venture into FANTASY ISLAND
You must have missed it....."church" was translated from the Greek word "ekklesia"....

Strong's Greek lexicon: a calling out, i.e.(concretely) a popular meeting, especially a religious congregation (Jewish synagogue, or Christian community of members on earth or saints in heaven or both):--assembly,
Dan

United States

#533248 Apr 29, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
GOSPEL!!!!!
Uncited work of someone else.

"Plagiarism" is what it's called. Not "gospel".

I understand that you all will throw up anything that agrees with you, but the utter lack of citation and academic rigor on part of the sources (when and if they're ever revealed) is noted.

You'd flunk a middle school English class for what LTM puts forth as an argument.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 1 min River Tam 15,985
Looking for girls to snapchat 36 min aldenmorgan737 1
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 1 hr Tony 6,415
So how exactly did O.J. Simpson pull off a doub... 2 hr Remember 94 95 13
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 3 hr David S Pumpkins 286,522
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 4 hr Aerobatty 983,116
I'm very saddened by Kryie wanting away from Le... 4 hr Doctor REALITY 2
More from around the web