Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 665486 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#532755 Apr 28, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
The Catholic fathers wrote that the apostle Paul stated such and such and that Jesus stated such and such. It was their JOB to create illusions so that you would follow their illusions.
And the answer is "NO."
I've studied most religions of the world, and have concluded that they are all self-centered in their claims of knowing truth ... while they at same time dis every other religion as being based on lies and continually point at each other as being evil offender of the gods.
It's a whole lot of childish nonsense.
I will wait, and if there just happens to be a hereafter, I will take it as it comes. I will NOT entertain the notion that there is a heaven and a hell, as I believe "that" is man-created junk.
Thanks for asking, rather than suggesting off the cuff that I will go to hell, as occurs with so many Christians.
as a fellow human, i'm honestly on your side, but also as a child of God, i'm responsible to be truthful.

may i suggest one other nugget for your consideration?

i understand that rome tried to hijack Christianity and use it as a means to control the masses and still does through catholicism to this day and that's why i say what i do against it.

since God is mightier than any king or kingdom of this earth, He's also able to preserve His testimony to all peoples in every generation. He's proved this through His preservation of the Jewish nation and He's done it as well through the preservation of the Bible, in spite of all the attempts throughout the ages to compromise and destroy them.

don't be mistaken that you are making a choice in what you believe and i can say from my brief experience talkng with you, that your choice so far is not objective and without prejudice:-)

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#532756 Apr 28, 2014
--SPOONER-- wrote:
<quoted text>
June you ignored my whole post. I was agreeing with you about suffering by telling you that I've endured it also, but I never said I liked it or I'm glad this or that happened, I'm not.
I did say if there wasn't some type of cycle the world would be full of animals and humans with nothing to eat except each other. I never mention God in my post June you brought that up. I already know how you feel about that subject because you told me. If you don't think there's a God I'm good with that June. I wish because I do that you would be good with that too.
I like you June and I don't need to argue with you. That doesn't mean we can't talk does it? I hope not. After all you were the first to speak to me here, so I already know you are a nice Lady. I'm not here to save anyone and I sure wont be here for years arguing a moot point. If y'all ain't got it settled by now there's nothing I can contribute. So like I first said, I came in peace and I will leave in peace. NO vile names aimed at June either, period.
I've heard the same stories as you tell many times in my eight years on threads of forums.

The fact is, if you are Christian, you believe in hell for others and heaven for your self, and I find that belief totally repulsive.

Also, you still didn't address the issue of why a decent god would create a realm of such horrific suffering, if it was not a demon in its own right.

Bunkology
Dust Storm

Minneapolis, MN

#532757 Apr 28, 2014
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
It wasnt "some scholars" that decided. It was the successors to the Apostles. It's true, before the ink was dry they were going to be Christian Scripture. But the Apostles didnt know that. We know Paul had at least two more letters (one more to the Corinthians and one to the Laodecians) that are gone. It stands to reason that Andrew, Phillip, Bartholomew and Thomas wrote some things too. Maybe it was detailing the Mass, maybe it shed some more light on some other things like Clement and Ignatius' letters did...
Why aren't Clements and Barnabes letters in the Bible. Luke's are.(Gospel, Acts and possibly Hebrews).
The Bible has no list of inspired Books... Jesus didnt give us one and neither did His Apostles. How could they have taught Sola Scripture without a list of Scripture. Not even the Jews had a list for the first hundred yrs of Christianity. Look at what the Essenes had (The Dead Sea Scrolls). I mean this is archeological, historic fact.
Very good Liam, it is great to see that you have delving deeper and I love that you know the missing letters of Paul.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#532758 Apr 28, 2014
Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
I liked it did I? LOL Another of your arrogant sarcastic statements. She was asked to tone it down and not one single Catholic engaged in it or supported her. She was offered correction, but the fact is the heinous comments that flow like a sewer at full speed that come out of Protestants in here daily is ridiculous. My comment was that you have plenty of time to engage in petty nonsense and add fuel to the fire, but cant seem to muster up the time for an intelligent response to an actual topic. I didnt engage in your petty warfares and pretty much scrolled past the useless banter with no value, but you all joined in and did plenty to keep mocking and making jokes at her expense to keep it going rather than just ignoring it or engaging in anything that may have meaning. Petty gossip like wine bibbers behind curtains, Mexico breakaway Catholics, The Pope is Gay because world renowned acrobats peformed shirtless as they always do for a charity even. Oh the Shock! lol Gee point out an obsession with abuse and then when you get a post on it in your house you lash out. Complete Hypocrisy! And on and on. Its all about petty nonsense and mindless bickering for you two. How many times do things have to clearly explained to you clearly and then distorted by you before its a lie?
FYI most of the time,I ignored her, as engaging her made things,worse,not only on this,thread..I left another to avoid the upset.as the language was worse... however, I did stick up for Sera. So what...most times. Topix removed her awfulness..thank God as i
Believe it reflects,poorly on all of us
You brought her up again..I'm happy to ignore that unpleasantness ...it's,gone on for years,...I pray for the woman...best I can manage ..

Again you acted as,if she is a victim...

As for the other garbage ...I mostly do not engage....only time was calling Michael what he was called ...Yes,he is,one minded on the subject...still no reason to slander his personal behaviour.

But you take any comment as,being a horrid statement ...it's not always..I know,some names are hurtful..I DO NOT use them ...so as I said..let's,leave things,out of a,discussion that don't belong there,..I personally DO NOT hate the RCC, not it's,people

But I've admitted things,I've read on here,have taken me by surprise ...and,not able a us,in a nice way ...again, so WHAT ...

Prince George, Canada

#532759 Apr 28, 2014
He "hid" his Rosary from his wife, because she was still a Protestant.

And at the time, HE was earning a living still teaching Protestantism to others as being based on truth.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>

ROME SWEET HOME by Scott and Kimberly Hahn … our journey to Catholicism

One night Scott told me he had begun praying the Rosary. I couldn’t believe my ears! I didn’t even know he had owned one. This study and now practice of Catholicism were getting serious.

Prince George, Canada

#532760 Apr 28, 2014
Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
Very good Liam, it is great to see that you have delving deeper and I love that you know the missing letters of Paul.
Maybe you two Catholics should "rent a Catholic church and teach others the "golden rule."

:)

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#532761 Apr 28, 2014
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
Repetitive angry rant from a dimwit.
Go hiss under your favorite rock...snake

Prince George, Canada

#532762 Apr 28, 2014
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
FYI most of the time,I ignored her, as engaging her made things,worse,not only on this,thread..I left another to avoid the upset.as the language was worse... however, I did stick up for Sera. So what...most times. Topix removed her awfulness..thank God as i
You brought her up again..I'm happy to ignore that unpleasantness ...it's,gone on for years,...I pray for the woman...best I can manage ..
As for the other garbage ...I mostly do not engage....only time was calling Michael what he was called ...Yes,he is,one minded on the subject...still no reason to slander his personal behaviour.
But you take any comment as,being a horrid statement ...it's not always..I know,some names are hurtful..I DO NOT use them ...so as I said..let's,leave things,out of a,discussion that don't belong there,..I personally DO NOT hate the RCC, not it's,people
But I've admitted things,I've read on here,have taken me by surprise ...and,not able a us,in a nice way ...again, so WHAT ...
You PRIDE your self on never saying anything hurtful to others. Yet you invest all your faith in a religion that preaches hell for others and heaven for self.

It's amazing that you won't see that issue for what it is and how very repulsive it is.
LTM

Sudbury, Canada

#532763 Apr 28, 2014
LTM wrote:
The Church Councils. There have been three major Roman Catholic Councils: Council of Trent (1545-1563), Vatican I (1869-1870), and Vatican II (1962-1965). The last Council, Vatican II, offered no new doctrines nor repudiated any essential teaching of the Roman Church; it referred to Trent dozens and dozens of times, quoted Trent's proclamations as authority, and reaffirmed Trent on every hand. Even the New Catholic Catechism (1992/1994) cites Trent no less than 99 times! There is not the slightest hint that the proclamations of the Council of Trent have been abrogated by Rome. At the opening of the Second Vatican council, Pope John XXIII stated, "I do accept entirely all that has been decided and declared at the Council of Trent," and all of the Catholic leaders who attended Vatican II signed a document containing this statement.(The current pope, Pope John Paul II, has even cited the Council of Trent as authority for his blasphemous position on Mary.):
To anyone with brains it is clear John Paul II was the Pope when this was written.

Prince George, Canada

#532764 Apr 28, 2014
It's difficult for me to believe that adults right up to the time of their death will place all their faith in the idea that they will be rewarded with eternal bliss for belonging to the RIGHT religion.

From my perspective that is the most ignorant belief possible.

Prince George, Canada

#532765 Apr 28, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Go hiss under your favorite rock...snake
Hahahahaha

You always bring humor along with your "love" of others.

:)
Liam

Aurora, CO

#532766 Apr 28, 2014
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Clay,
While God also revealed His will through the spoken word (through both apostles and prophets), He did not cause it all to be written down in permanent form.
What God did cause to be written is adequate for our spiritual needs and guidance and MUST be followed.
It is complete and is referred to as Scripture.
And its not that I'm saying 'Scripture alone cant get someone to Christ'. I don't doubt someone gets 'zapped' after reading the Gospels, and makes a move to accept Christ- with or without the CC. My issue is with how fundamentals took it to another level; Deciphering every little word and punctuation mark. I doubt that's how Luther envisioned sola scripture would be. I think its ridiculous that people would demand a verse stating specifically that Mary was every virgin. Or that the word "brother" - which is so loosely used in Scripture - means she had all these other kids, when the early Church most certainly would have wrote about Jesus's biological siblings or Mary's Grandkids..... instead, you have the early Church believing she was ever virgin, and they didnt come to that conclusion by holding a magnifying glass to a verse in the Gospel of Luke.

Prince George, Canada

#532767 Apr 28, 2014
I personally knew a woman who was Protestant, and who found that in order to make her marriage work, she had to become a Catholic as was her husband.

They are close to 90 years of age and are still married.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>

Since the beginning of our relationship, Scott and I had grown and changed together, at least in minor ways, in our convictions. But by Scott’s continuing to change and my refusing to change, we were both starting not to trust each other. The foundation of trust in our marriage was being shaken tremendously.

Prince George, Canada

#532768 Apr 28, 2014

After one particularly agonizing day, I said to Scott,“I would never consider suicide, but I have begged God today to give me an illness that would kill me so that I can die and have all the questions laid to rest. Then you could find a nice little Catholic girl and get on with life.”
Dust Storm

Minneapolis, MN

#532769 Apr 28, 2014
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
I only brought it up because you had plenty of time for pettiness and engage in continue mockery to fuel it along, but you cant seem to muster the time to accurately read or respond to posts that have been made to clarify without continued misrpresentation and then say well I dont read them all. How convenient. As for Mikey he is obsessed and if you have concern for him then you should be more concerned that he rejects Christ rather than indulging him to keep going. Please do not insult my inelligence by pretending you did not defend his obsessive posts and pretend like it was just one time. You encouraged it and then when shown your own house you got angry. I dont need to say you hate the Church your misrepresentations say it all.

Things you read on hear took you by surpise? I think its very frustrating that when people took the time to offer very clear explanations you distorted it and made it into something completely different with sarcasm and then try to play innocent. The rest of your statement is so garbled it makes no sense so I dont know what you are saying so what to? Now rather than a barrage of inaccurate statements or misrepresentations of a response you could focus on one thing and try to ask in respectful manner and actually adresss the points in the response.

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#532770 Apr 28, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
Those in religion have a NEED to believe their future after death is SECURE.
From my perspective that faith is not based on trust. It is based on the suspicion that hell just MIGHT BE ones own fate.
As Robert stated when he was for a few moments a pseudo-Atheist ...
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
Greetings June
It is fear that makes the KNOW. Fear of death, and fear of hell, and fear of not making it to heaven.....Religion is based on fear....
Robert
June

Although what you write about concerning one seeking security is quite true, you may not know that it is part of being covetous.

Now perfect fear casts out doubt. But putting one's faith in Jesus Christ produces confidence, not in fate, but in God.

Most people operate on a partial fear, or instinctive fear, until love is found.
Anthony MN

Champlin, MN

#532771 Apr 28, 2014
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
I jumped on her more than once. But rarely a peep out of you guys to the whackos who come on here spewing sewage. It's pretty convenient when all you have to say is "they're not from MY denomination." June is the only non-Catholic who says anything about the double-standard.

You will take something that you've heard and run with for weeks, long after you've been corrected on it several times. Let's put to these to rest; St. Christopher IS recognized as a saint in ALL the ancient Churches. Limbo was a teaching, but NOT a doctrine of the faith. Blessed Mother Theresa is on the path towards canonization. She was beatified by St. John Paul II in 2003. It's not for you to speculate as to why she didn't come before John Paul since you know nothing of the details. Period. Amen.

Prince George, Canada

#532772 Apr 28, 2014
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
And its not that I'm saying 'Scripture alone cant get someone to Christ'. I don't doubt someone gets 'zapped' after reading the Gospels, and makes a move to accept Christ- with or without the CC. My issue is with how fundamentals took it to another level; Deciphering every little word and punctuation mark. I doubt that's how Luther envisioned sola scripture would be. I think its ridiculous that people would demand a verse stating specifically that Mary was every virgin. Or that the word "brother" - which is so loosely used in Scripture - means she had all these other kids, when the early Church most certainly would have wrote about Jesus's biological siblings or Mary's Grandkids..... instead, you have the early Church believing she was ever virgin, and they didnt come to that conclusion by holding a magnifying glass to a verse in the Gospel of Luke.
Theology is theory and Catholics had varying theories.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>

From the book,“History of Christianity,” by Clyde L. Manschreck … comes the following

On his own authority, in 1854, Pius proclaimed the Immaculate Conception of the Blessed virgin, a dogma long desired by Mariologists, but hardly favored by liberals.
………………………

No theologian has equaled the influence of Aquinas on Roman Catholicism.

Aquinas did not believe in the Immaculate Conception of Mary, which was still being debated.

Prince George, Canada

#532773 Apr 28, 2014
Jesus' mother, the Virgin Mary is the constellation Virgo, which in Latin means virgin.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Astrology_in_the ...
Dan

Omaha, NE

#532774 Apr 28, 2014
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
To anyone with brains it is clear John Paul II was the Pope when this was written.
You held on to this post since 2005?

That's when Pope John Paul II died.

Wait-are you telling us that you didn't write the post yourself?

Please cite whose work you plagiarized.

Thanks

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Benefit of the Gardening. 4 min Kizzes7641 3
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 9 min onemale 284,644
Gardening tools--returning to the health life 13 min Mintz3376 4
Ever notice how MTV promotes interracial dating? (Jun '08) 17 min Bubblesss899 5
Lions Wellington Tickets 22 min Lick1903 2
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 22 min Clearwater 88,390
Christians cannot debate with ATHEISTS 23 min Buck Crick 643
Secular Humanism VS Christianity 28 min Buck Crick 267
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 38 min Buck Crick 977,448
More from around the web