Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 646907 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#532547 Apr 27, 2014
Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>
"because if they knew truth, religion would have nothing over which to fight."
^That^ June, is the most truthful thing you have said here to date.
"We do not want churches because they will teach us to quarrel about God, as the Catholics and Protestants do. We do not want to learn that.
We may quarrel with men sometimes about things on this Earth, but we never quarrel about God. We do not want to learn that."
Chief Joseph
Nez Perce
"We have men among us, like the whites, who pretend to know the right path, but will not consent to show it without pay! I have no faith in their paths, but believe that every man must make his own path."
Black Hawk
Sauk Nation
I suggest that the Native Indians also had their own weird religious beliefs, but they were too busy hating each other's tribal customs to bring religion into their tribal wars.

Few of them were peaceful.

Prince George, Canada

#532548 Apr 27, 2014
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
NOBODY is "encouraging" anyone to kill anybody-----nor is anyone BULLYING any women to into having or not having an abortion!!!... We all have a "free will" to follow , believe and adhere to the teachings of the Catholic Church or "reject those teachings-----and/or to go down the street to the nearest Protestant Church where they will tell them "exactly what they want to hear"---regarding gay marriage, abortion, embryonic stem cell research, women ministers, euthenasia, homosexual ministers, etc-----or -------become an atheist or agnostic and do and believe WHATEVER YOU WANT!!!-------Your choice!!!---No one is forcing ANYONE to follow, believe, or belong to Jesus Christs True Apostolic Catholic Church !!!!!
June VanDerMark wrote:

Theologians ENCOURAGED their followers to kill innocent people as heretics and infidels and yet bullied women who had abortions into believing they were EVIL for having the abortions.
The downright NERVE of theologians should be perceived with SCORN ... not ADMIRATION!!!

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#532549 Apr 27, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you call yourself a saint?
St. Christopher? Of course he's still a saint. What's wrong with you?
My reaction is always the same to you Rose whenever you post snide remarks and underhanded insults at the Catholic Church. Had you stayed true to what you've always said here about him, maybe something like "oh, I always respected John Paul, good for him", my response would've been quite different.
You obviously do not read well..I said,NOTHING against John Paul..I'm quite,convinced he is,with Jesus,..He was a great human imo ...I meant that and,still do. I DID NOT SAY HE WAS,NOT A SAINT ..

.I said,based on the process,your Church goes,through , the probability is that those declared saints,are there ...but we don't KNOW..and what of the every day Catholics. Those who love Jesus heart and soul .. worship Him all their lives , but no one has attributed a miracle t o them or put them up for saint hood..?? That's my whole problem declaring and praying to one person the Church has,decreed.

As for St Christopher...I am not the only person who has,doubts,,as
http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Did_the_Vatican_rem...

This was widely reported.....and it seems,there IS,DOUBT ..AND yes,I used wiki so as,not to be accused of going to a,protestant site.

I really wish you folks,would read ...and not react ...in the,most negative way ....I'm glad your Church recognizes John Paul. And I was saddened after his,death...and I'VE NEVER SAID DIFFERENT ..HE was at the time most honest in his,dealings with the world imo

Prince George, Canada

#532550 Apr 27, 2014
Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>
Interesting.
What you call cowardice on the net is but prudent behavior on this electronic contraption.
You are attempting to make a name for yourself, for whatever reason and purpose. I am here for other reasons dear, and one of the first things one should learn about the internet, is to be discreet and avoid revealing personal information.
<smile>
When I started posting on the form I decided I would not hide myself from others or live in fear.

Your reasons for being here are clear to me. You are certain you know things other don't know about "spirit" and you believe that you are qualified to be a "new age" spiritual leader.

I perceive you are full of hot Aquarius air.

Prince George, Canada

#532551 Apr 27, 2014
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
I love the colorful allegories and metaphors.
Is hell a metaphor to you Robert???

Prince George, Canada

#532552 Apr 27, 2014
Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope.
He calls out to mankind all the time. Very few are listening however.
Hahahahaha

Prince George, Canada

#532553 Apr 27, 2014
Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>
I recommend that if you want truth rather than fiction, that one bypass all humans and goes direct to the source.
"double" Hahahahaha
Liam

Saint Paul, MN

#532554 Apr 27, 2014
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you, Clay....
scriptures - graph&#275;
a writing, thing written
the Scripture, used to denote either the book itself, or its contents
a certain portion or section of the Holy Scripture
Clay.....graph&#275; always refers to the written record of the utterances of God.
This includes writings that make up both the Old and New Testaments making up God's Holy Word.
"For I received from the Lord that which I also delivered to you....."
Scripture is not a result of guesswork but rather Divine plan and action by God himself.
Clay, By one rejecting the teachings of the Bible, he has rejected God/Jesus Himself.
The Bible reveals the authority of the Church, not the authority of the Bible itself.

When someone tried to deceive the Church in Acts 5:3, Peter said "you have lied to the Holy Spirit"

If someone refuses to listen to this church Jesus call them tax collector and pagan. Mathew 17:18

Paul calls her the " pillar and foundation of truth". 1tim3:15

So clearly, from the Bible, we can see the early development of the authority of the Church.

Now, you could argue, with the death of John, the authority was transferred over to the writings of a few the deceased apostles. The problem with that is the Bible makes no such claim. And the writings of the disciples of the Apostles, and thier disciples too, make no mention of a transfer of authority over to the Bible only.

Prince George, Canada

#532555 Apr 27, 2014
Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL
No June. I have told you repeatedly that it was written that way as a trigger. It's like a loss leader advertisement. It was written to grab your attention, just like the title of this thread grabbed your attention.
I wrote it that way intentionally to see where you, or others would go with it.
BTW, what makes you think that the "wisdom" comes from above and not from within?
You are fibbing! You mentioned "going to the source." That means you believe your "contact" IS the source.

June VanDerMark wrote:

<quoted text>
Did you mean "earthly CONTACTS???
That's NOT impressive at all.
You can't bring in the new age of Aquarius unless you have been alerted by "spiritual" signs of WISDOM from "above."
:)

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#532556 Apr 27, 2014
StarC wrote:
<quoted text>
So was one of those babies yours? You seem to worry about limbo a lot.
Where was Lazarus? Jn 11: 1-46 ... Described as Abraham bosom.(IMO limbo)
Even if Lazarus was dead he still saw Christ. As all will.
<quoted text>
It is up to God who is to be Saint, and he has chosen John Paul II, just as he chose St. Peter.
When chosen by God to perform "supernatural miracles" and is faithful to the Word. Then one can becomes a Saint. God gave St. Peter that power read Acts 5: 15-16.
St. John Paul II pray for us.
Thankfully I do if not lose,any babies ..so nice of you to ask...the thought to a child that a little baby might not see Jesus , AS WE WERE TOLD, made an impression. Not just on me..a woman I know was told her child who died young would not see,God by a,Catholic ...that's,sad,...I'm sure,it occurred a,thousand times,over ..

Blessedly the,RCC declaration of limbo does,NOT rule God ...and JESUS wants the little ones with Him..

Jesus opened Abraham's,bosom for those,BELIEVERS,in Messiah to go to heaven and you know,it (He descended into hell to free them )

Prince George, Canada

#532557 Apr 27, 2014
Opposite Word of metaphor:

plain speech

http://www.opposite-word.com/default.asp

Opposite Word of allegory:

truth

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#532558 Apr 27, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
How about groups of people, such as the Muslims, Jews, Hindus, Buddhist and others who because they are not Christian will be hated by the Christianized god and rejected to spend eternity in hell?
Is it acceptable from your point of Christian CENTER to jump to conclusions about them???
June

The point is that I don't jump to conclusions, pre-judge others.

But since you don't believe me, that is okay too.

Nor do I think, a Christian would do, as you seem to think....

Since you think a Christianized god is an invention, illusion, or imaginary, in may be that God is not necessary for you, as you want things to be, rather than for what they are....

Prince George, Canada

#532559 Apr 27, 2014
I suggest that all religion was and is a human invention.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>

Opposite Word of truth:

"falsehood, invention, untruth"

Michael

Canada

#532560 Apr 27, 2014
Henry wrote:
<quoted text>
The RCC is the biggest capitalist Christian criminal Organisation for almost 2000 years.
....why do you say that Henry? There are other posters who claim the same thing. Interesting!

Prince George, Canada

#532561 Apr 27, 2014
When humans invented religion, non-human animals got the short end of the deal, but then so did humans, as they killed each other as heretics and infidels century after century, and are still at it today.

What a shame!
Chess Jurist

Columbus, OH

#532562 Apr 27, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
I suggest that all religion was and is a human invention.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>
Opposite Word of truth:
"falsehood, invention, untruth"
Including your, dipstick.

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#532563 Apr 27, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
And the Protestants and Catholics continue fighting over dogmas.
If Jesus lives he must have one hell of a headache trying to follow both sides to the middle to call a truce.
I suggest that Catholics and Protestants should split Jesus down the middle and each take a half of the Jewish rabbi's "spoils."
tongue in cheek
June

Christians fight the spiritual battles. Those who need to stake out territory here on earth fight earthly battles. And some fight for justice. I really don't see Catholics and Protestants fighting. They argue on the threads, but in the real world, they gather like birds of a feather, and in general avoid each other's territory....
Michael

Canada

#532564 Apr 27, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
And the Protestants and Catholics continue fighting over dogmas.
If Jesus lives he must have one hell of a headache trying to follow both sides to the middle to call a truce.
I suggest that Catholics and Protestants should split Jesus down the middle.....
(LOL)!........You do have a sense of humor June!
Chess Jurist

Columbus, OH

#532565 Apr 27, 2014
your - yours

Prince George, Canada

#532566 Apr 27, 2014
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
June
The point is that I don't jump to conclusions, pre-judge others.
Then I suggest you STOP pretending that your center is IN Christianity.

Christians believe that hell is a literal place where the god sends those he hates as vile sinners. In Christianity, as in all religions that promote hell as being real ... hell is not a metaphor.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 8 min ATHEOI 49,388
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 15 min here 281,284
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 18 min New Age Spiritual... 971,795
how long after taking the Vivitrol shot can i f... (Nov '12) 24 min Swim 165
ye olde village pub (Jun '07) 33 min Ann Bonney 53,830
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 1 hr Steve III 44,720
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 1 hr Lbj 105,677
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 2 hr ChristineM 445,751
topix drops human sexuality forum.......this be... 7 hr patsy the shared ... 26
More from around the web