Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 603226 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#532232 Apr 26, 2014
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Talking is your specialty Mike!!!----"Trash talking" the TRUE faith of other Christians (especially Catholics!!----Let's not forget the "axe-to-grind" attacks you have against Jesus Christ HIMSELF and His One TRUE (Universal-Catholic) Church and your "obsessed revenge" has corrupted your mind, heart and soul!--- Try another hobby like -------"confession" ------before it's to,late!!!!!°
...I have no Axe to grind with Jesus. You should focus on cleaning up your one true church.......riddled with scandal after scandal.

....Everybody knows about the scandals and they shake their heads and fingers at the church when the scandals come up in topic. You should also be embarassed......because your church leaders have made a fool out of you.

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#532233 Apr 26, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Your catechism is worthless....says Scripture:
Says YOU who uses scripture from the KJV to fight your "battles."

The funny part is, you all believe that Jesus is on your side of each battle.

Nothing changes ... even the fact that all of you are convinced that you are WISE.
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#532234 Apr 26, 2014
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
You statement describes "every" Protestant bible only denomination that was (founded by "a man") during and after the Reformation over the past 450 years.
Protestant ( bible only) spiritually of (each persons opinion) continues on the same "mery-go-round" path, going in circles (NOWHERE) as it as contradicting and conflicting as it can get.,.......We as Catholics neither, follow, believe, nor worship or adhere to ANY one of over 42,000 inconsistent hodge-podge of confusing and self-opinionated beliefs or denominations.-------All that ANYONE has to do, is to read the " back and forth" comments that are made from one "bible only" (self interpretating experts??????" to another as Confrinting,Atemcowboy, Oldjg, Oxbow, Marge,Truth, Ltm, Patriot, Waassupp,Concerned in Brazil and God R Delusion argue, complain, attack each other, dispute, bitch, fight,bicker, name call and belittle each other's beliefs with the Protestant game of "bible verse (Family Feud)" This only confirms (for me)!as a former Bible only Protestant that there has, is and will ONLY (ever) be one Truth and one TRUE interpretation of Sacred Scripture and it is in the TRUE Gospel of Jesus Christ---in and through His One True Apostolic Catholic Church----and (none) other !!!!!!!.
Bla....bla.....bla......haven' t you got anything new except your half truths and heresies.

Prince George, Canada

#532235 Apr 26, 2014
Gods R Delusions x Mine wrote:
<quoted text>
I wish my God would send people who disagree with my beliefs straight to HELL.
Sadly, no true God would ever punish its own creation in such arbitrary ways.
My God is a God of justice and reason.
So I am left to sulk. Dang it.
Sometimes, I think it would be more fun to be a Christian or Muslim, so I could know who my true enemies are --- like other Christians and Muslims.
Ramen
Well that's what you get for worshipping a god with no brains. If he had brains he would teach you who to burn at the stake as his enemies.

I've tried to lead you to the real gist of religion, but you refuse to learn.

:)

Prince George, Canada

#532236 Apr 26, 2014
Gods R Delusions x Mine wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no continuity in their delusion.
They have less evidence for their delusion than I have for mine.
Ramen
OH STOP BRAGGING about who has the best delusion!!!

Stupid should not be competing with stupid for the spotlight.

Prince George, Canada

#532237 Apr 26, 2014
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
-
-
Liam: "I wasnt looking to get educated on the Bible."
-
Well, may I suggest that you succeeded.
Liam

United States

#532238 Apr 26, 2014
concerned in Brasil wrote:
<quoted text>
No need for me to apologize for another man's sin, but I call all sin SIN and don't justify one sides or the others as Rome tries to justify hers.
But as Rome has never Apologized for the Inquisitions nor recognized the true numbers she murdered it is clear your sect should lead by example.
I am not a protestant christian, I am a bible believing evangelical follower of Jesus.
How about you just admit for the same reason non Catholic denominations are not the one true church your Sect the RCC is not either as her sins her atrocities make all the rest look like white driven snow.
Then you may learn through the Spirit what is the Pillar of Truth the Bride of Christ as long as you believe its a man made institution sadly you will miss the boat.
Well, anyone who says Sola Scripture is the way, cancels themselves out of contention by default. Bible alone is an impossibility given how the Bible came to fruition. You comprehend?
You have two options: the Catholic Church or the Eastern Orthodox. You pick.
concerned in Brasil

Europe

#532239 Apr 26, 2014
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
Yawn, you bore me. I promised you i would renounce Catholicism today IF you could debunk it without lying. You failed again.(I don't worship idols.)
You on the other hand, do have a false idol.
Your god is your yellow highlighted KJV.
I could care less if your are bored or excited by the truth, I post it to be approved by God, I look for his favor his acceptance his praise not from men.

But because for you acceptance of men is important you assume it is for me also, big error on your part.

BTW I don't own a yellow high lighted KJV , I prefer ASV or NIV translations as they all use all of the known ancient texts many of which were unavailable when the KJV was translated.

And my God is the creator of all their is as revealed in three personages Father Son and Holy Spirit in the words of the Prophets and Apostles that which we call the Bible.

I bow before no man, kiss no man's ring finger and offer my acts of worship to only to God himself thus I never pray to anyone other than God as prayer is an act of worship.

United States

#532240 Apr 26, 2014
guest wrote:
HOLY SPIRIT could protect the Written Word of God no matter WHO had it in their possession.
The Holy Spirit is stronger than the Catholic Church.
Catholic doctrine doesn't need to be protected ... it's not the Word of God.
Indeed it has NOT been protected - even from the church herself!... hence the many changes in the doctrine over the years.
-
-
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
Is Sunday worship "the word of God" or not?
Is faith alone the "word of God" or not?
Is water Baptism the "word of God" or not?
You fundies all have the "word of God" in front of you, plz, tell us what His word is saying!
-
-
I can go there, too, Liam: Is Catholic Doctrine - with ALL its ugly lies Crusades, Inquisition, Murder of heretics, pedophilia ... "the word of God" or not?
-
EVEN IF I worship on Sunday ..or not .... it doesn't even come close to all the errors of the
Catholic church.
-
MEANING: YOU have one helluva huge mess to clean up before you judge whether or not it's ok for me to attend service on a Sunday ... or not.

Prince George, Canada

#532241 Apr 26, 2014
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you really concerned in Brazil? I am.
"A 32 yr old Catholic woman was beaten to death after she refused to enter an Evangelical church in Northeastern Brazil. She was passing by the Church of the Kingdom of God when two pastors ordered their followers to bring her inside to attend the ceremony . When she refused, the group held her ten yr old daughter while the pastor dragged her inside by the hair and beat her "in order to exorcise the devil from her".
J.D Bell, "nuts in the news" The American Rationalist Nov/Dec 1994
How about Philly....
"In 1844 Philadelphia, the city of "brotherly love", Protestants besieged Catholic neighborhoods with canon fire and pistols, and also set houses aflame because Catholics had protested the use of the Protestant KJV in public schools (it's missing 7 Books of the Bible). Martial law was declared, it took 2,000 federal troops to quell the rioting; 18 people were killed and scores more were injured"
Michael Feldberg, The Philadelphia Riots of 1844, a study of Ethnic conflicts
And neither Catholics nor Protestants care to learn that pope Leo Xth and Martin Luther TAUGHT the Catholics and Protestants to fight their battles, and you are still at it today.

The first Protestants were ex-Catholics.

Nutty earthlings believe they preach the "good news" while bashing each other physically and verbally as heretics.

Prince George, Canada

#532242 Apr 26, 2014
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
June
Sorry June, I did not know you understood such things. The main problem with his theory, just off the top of my head is that dark energy/matter has already been shown to exist by gravitational lensing in distant galaxies....Nice try though....
Some people can't accept dark energy/matter, kind of like telling people the earth is round....
I suggest that as does the pope, you only believe the "science" that includes a Catholicized god.

Nutcase!!!

Prince George, Canada

#532243 Apr 26, 2014
Truth wrote:
No church which was founded by men or bears the name of a man (as well as humanly devised names) can have been the church founded by Christ.
And you are arrogant enough to believe that you and Jesus agree on that issue.

I suggest had Jesus lived he would have been preaching the "good news" of Judaism in a Jewish temple.

You people preach poopology

Prince George, Canada

#532244 Apr 26, 2014
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
June
I am pretty well read on the Gita, and Krsna, Mahabarata, Vedic writings, etc.
And do you agree that Krishna will be coming to save THEM???

Prince George, Canada

#532245 Apr 26, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Go hiss under your favorite rock...snake
Hahahahahaha

Softly and tenderly, Jesus is calling.

Prince George, Canada

#532246 Apr 26, 2014
concerned in Brasil wrote:
<quoted text>
I am concerned about you posting unverifiable stories.
That's a good joke!

Have you seen Krishna flying around lately, talking to the Hindus???

Prince George, Canada

#532247 Apr 26, 2014
yon wrote:
Matt 15
7 You hypocrites! Yesha‘yahu was right when he prophesied about you,
NO KIDDING???

Prince George, Canada

#532248 Apr 26, 2014
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
You and the other Bible Idolators can beat each other over the head with Scripture verses until one of you agrees on what Sunday means.
EARLY CHRISTIANS - 2nd Century

"The primitive Christians did keep the Sabbath of the Jews;...therefore the Christians, for a long time together, did keep their conventions upon the Sabbath, in which some portions of the law were read: and this continued till the time of the Laodicean council." "The Whole Works" of Jeremy Taylor, Vol. IX,p. 416 (R. Heber's Edition, Vol XII, p. 416).

http://www.remnantofgod.org/sabhist.htm#2

March 7 321AD pagan (sun worshiper) emperor Constantine decreed the official sun god Sol Invictus. Sun worship, SUNDAY. WORSHIP

Prince George, Canada

#532249 Apr 26, 2014
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
I was raised bible only Lutheran and I'm not preaching Protestantism
You are preaching Catholicism, or at least you think you are. I suggest that some Catholics would disagree on that issue.

Prince George, Canada

#532250 Apr 26, 2014
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
How about you apologize for the genocide of Irish Catholics at the hands of sola scripturist, Bible believing Protestants? They weren't killed because of politics, they were killed BECAUSE they were Catholic and the "Pope was the anti-Christ", or so you paranoid
fanatics thought...
Irish Holocaust
www.noraid.com/Holocaust.htm
Catholics and Protestants have never completely stopped killing each other.

It's their way of living the life of Christ.

Idiots!!!

United States

#532251 Apr 26, 2014
guest wrote:
.... 1. So, Liam, what games should the rest of the world use to fight against the Catholic church? Should they go by what the Catholic church has historically done?
I'm sure you will say no to that question.
So, IF you say no to that question, what does that leave you?
.... 2. Liam, we KNOW the Catholic Church was not started after reading Bible Verses. It is more than obvious that there is no possible way it could have been.
Liam: FYI .... The BIBLE gives us the writing of those who heard the Words of God verbally. And the BIBLE indicts the Catholic Church - and everything the popes have said.
IF you think that the "word of God" is "protected" by following after the VERBAL instructions of the Papal Bulls ordering the torture and murder of heretics ... then you are not following the God of the Bible.
-
We think it has to be written:
yes.
Jesus himself, said, "It is written."
-
-
Liam wrote:
You and the other Bible Idolators can beat each other over the head with Scripture verses until one of you agrees on what Sunday means.
In the meantime, you should apologize on behalf of "Bible believing Evangelical Protestants" for massacring Native Americans and selling blacks into slavery.
I know you won't apologize for what you did to the Catholics (millions of Irish were starved by Protestants BECAUSE they were Catholic; millions were persecuted in this country for being Catholic, beaten; burned at the stakes, sold into slavery; homes torched and families split)..
Why did Bible believing Christians slaughter Catholics in America? Because you all are a bunch of paranoid Bible worshipers. You thunk the Pope was the anti-Christ. You didn't know what the Bible was or where it came from, or how to read it.
This fanaticism has carried on with you and CIB. Clueless!
Historian Arthur Schlesinger (a Jew) has called Anti-Catholicism "the deepest held bias in the history of the American people".
www.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anti-Catholicism
/
-
-
I am multi-racial with Native American AND Sub-Saharan African roots.
I have the DNA test to prove it. Seems there always has been tolerance in my lineage.
-
Liam: "Why did Bible believing Christians slaughter Catholics in America?"
NOT because we believe the Bible ... but most likely, in self defense, as the Catholic church was - and always HAS BEEN - well known for murdering and torturing others.
IOW: the CATHOLICS STARTED THE WAR .......

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 4 min Doctor Justice_ 878,974
Why do we live life when we have to die anyway? (Jul '13) 14 min The swamiji 207
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 16 min Gary Coaldigger 8,055
Are truck drivers faithful?? (Sep '08) 29 min VictorDaRoadKing 172
More and more people keeping their autos past 200k 1 hr Doctor REALITY 3
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr Insults Are Easier 272,880
For the most part, I AGREE with Donald Trump on... 1 hr Doctor REALITY 1
The Christian Atheist debate 1 hr ChristINSANITY is... 3,846
is it wrong i like to wear womens underwear (Nov '12) Sat i fkedurBeezyanally 279
More from around the web