Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 641077 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

hojo

Waconia, MN

#532524 Apr 27, 2014
Protestants are in " protest" from over 2000 years of the biblical and historical TRUTHS of the Gospel that Jesus Christ handed down to His Apostles. disciples and followers taught in the Early Churches......If you break from the body of TRUE Believers that have been United for over 2000 years, you would compelled to attack the TRUTH!!!-----Why???
To justify your own existence and rebellious beliefs.!!!!... It becomes " out of necessity" of their faith to argue, protest, attack and rip the TRUTH of the TRUE faith in an attempt to uphold their own " man-made" bible only doctrine of belief that was "never believed by ANYONE" until the 18th century.

“Evolved hunter/gatherer”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#532525 Apr 27, 2014
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
You are correct: The truth is out there, and I have it. If you want truth rather than fiction, I recommend you look to the best scholars in the business:
I recommend that if you want truth rather than fiction, that one bypass all humans and goes direct to the source.

Location hidden

#532526 Apr 27, 2014
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Clay....
Jesus' church = people = "called out"
God has made His last phone call to mankind.
God has spoken His last WORDS to the human race.
He will never again call or speak to the sons of men.
His last calls and spoken WORDS are all in the twenty seven books of the New Testament.
Nope.
He calls out to mankind all the time. Very few are listening however.

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#532527 Apr 27, 2014
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
YOU ROMAN CATHOLICS CLAIM DEED TO AN TITLE TO A NONEXISTENT
DYNASTY THAT YOU HAVE INVENTED YOUR SELVES....
In your false religious fantasy the popes in Rome have kept adding more and more fables to
to your game of deceit over the centuries...
It had no foundation from the Bible and the DERISION that it is built upon
has no SPIRITUAL STRENGTH NOR TRUTH TO SUPPORT IT...
BUILT LIKE AN AVALANCHE IT DEPENDS UPON THE UNSTABLE FABLES BENEATH IT.
LIKE THE TOWER OF BABEL THE STONE IS OF YOUR TOWER IS BRICKS MADE OF MUD AND IT IS BUILT/PUT TOGETHER WITH SLIME...FOR MORTER.
Gen 11:3 And they said one to another, Go to, let us make brick, and burn them throughly. And they had brick for stone, and slime had they for morter..
THE TEACHINGS AND DOGMA
IS AS ONE ATTEMPTING TO NAIL JELLO TO A WALL..
confronting

Peace

I love the colorful allegories and metaphors.

If the RCC were only a few days old, it would be a lot more difficult for you.

But the donkey is really big and old, and blindfolded you can't miss hitting it.

The question then is smaller better, for some, but not for others?
Or, is bigger better?

Peace

Location hidden

#532528 Apr 27, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Cowards, such as theologians enjoy getting others to fight their battles for them.
There are many cowards such as Aquarius-WY posting (spiritual) religious blather on forums using pseudo names because they are frightened out of their wits to use their real names.
Interesting.
What you call cowardice on the net is but prudent behavior on this electronic contraption.
You are attempting to make a name for yourself, for whatever reason and purpose. I am here for other reasons dear, and one of the first things one should learn about the internet, is to be discreet and avoid revealing personal information.
<smile>
hojo

Waconia, MN

#532529 Apr 27, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
Theologians ENCOURAGED their followers to kill innocent people as heretics and infidels and yet bullied women who had abortions into believing they were EVIL for having the abortions.
The downright NERVE of theologians should be perceived with SCORN ... not ADMIRATION!!!
NOBODY is "encouraging" anyone to kill anybody-----nor is anyone BULLYING any women to into having or not having an abortion!!!... We all have a "free will" to follow , believe and adhere to the teachings of the Catholic Church or "reject those teachings-----and/or to go down the street to the nearest Protestant Church where they will tell them "exactly what they want to hear"---regarding gay marriage, abortion, embryonic stem cell research, women ministers, euthenasia, homosexual ministers, etc-----or -------become an atheist or agnostic and do and believe WHATEVER YOU WANT!!!-------Your choice!!!---No one is forcing ANYONE to follow, believe, or belong to Jesus Christs True Apostolic Catholic Church !!!!!
Chess Jurist

Columbus, OH

#532530 Apr 27, 2014
Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>
I recommend that if you want truth rather than fiction, that one bypass all humans and goes direct to the source.
You're living in a fantasy world, goofy.

Location hidden

#532531 Apr 27, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
I suggest that if universal exists ... million, and maybe billions of humans shot at, and missed the bulls eye ... because if they knew truth, religion would have nothing over which to fight.
"because if they knew truth, religion would have nothing over which to fight."

^That^ June, is the most truthful thing you have said here to date.

"We do not want churches because they will teach us to quarrel about God, as the Catholics and Protestants do. We do not want to learn that.
We may quarrel with men sometimes about things on this Earth, but we never quarrel about God. We do not want to learn that."
Chief Joseph
Nez Perce

"We have men among us, like the whites, who pretend to know the right path, but will not consent to show it without pay! I have no faith in their paths, but believe that every man must make his own path."
Black Hawk
Sauk Nation

Location hidden

#532532 Apr 27, 2014
hojo wrote:
Protestants are in " protest" from over 2000 years of the biblical and historical TRUTHS of the Gospel that Jesus Christ handed down to His Apostles. disciples and followers taught in the Early Churches......If you break from the body of TRUE Believers that have been United for over 2000 years, you would compelled to attack the TRUTH!!!-----Why???
To justify your own existence and rebellious beliefs.!!!!... It becomes " out of necessity" of their faith to argue, protest, attack and rip the TRUTH of the TRUE faith in an attempt to uphold their own " man-made" bible only doctrine of belief that was "never believed by ANYONE" until the 18th century.
And on that humorous zinger I say good day.
No one can top that BS of yours up ^there^ today.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#532533 Apr 27, 2014
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
I too believe the Bible came from God. But so did the Eucharist and Mass. Thats why Christians compiled a Bible, to read at Mass. They did not compile one to hold Bible study to figure out the word of God. The Apostles already explained it, there was no need to break their letters down into hundreds of snippets as if they could uncover a secret code. Everything centered around the Eucharist. Just as today. Even Jesus called the Eucharist meal "the New Testament".(Mathew 26:28) He held up the chalice and said "this is my blood of the New Covenant/testament. He said nothing about a Bible being the NT. Even Paul affirmed this in his first letter to the Church in Corinth. Btw, Paul was writing to the CHURCH at Corinth, he wasn't writing a general public letter to folks like you and I. He addressed the ordained Priests about performing the Mass: "for I received from the Lord what i also delivered to".(Cor 11:23) What he delivered was the Mass, not a Book.
I still respect your zeal for the Scriptures even if we don't agree on the purpose of them. I wish I was around more people like you.
Thank you, Clay....

scriptures - graph&#275;

a writing, thing written

the Scripture, used to denote either the book itself, or its contents

a certain portion or section of the Holy Scripture

Clay.....graph&#275; always refers to the written record of the utterances of God.

This includes writings that make up both the Old and New Testaments making up God's Holy Word.

"For I received from the Lord that which I also delivered to you....."

Scripture is not a result of guesswork but rather Divine plan and action by God himself.

Clay, By one rejecting the teachings of the Bible, he has rejected God/Jesus Himself.

Location hidden

#532534 Apr 27, 2014
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
You're living in a fantasy world, goofy.
I'm cool with your assessment of the situation. My world is not your world. Your world is just fine for you (assuming of course). Your world however, is as anti-human and antagonistic to opposing views, as any other of the more well known and accepted religions.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#532535 Apr 27, 2014
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
Angry rant from a dimwit.
Go hiss under your favorite rock...snake
Chess Jurist

Columbus, OH

#532536 Apr 27, 2014
Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>
"because if they knew truth, religion would have nothing over which to fight."
^That^ June, is the most truthful thing you have said here to date.
"We do not want churches because they will teach us to quarrel about God, as the Catholics and Protestants do. We do not want to learn that.
We may quarrel with men sometimes about things on this Earth, but we never quarrel about God. We do not want to learn that."
Chief Joseph
Nez Perce
Nice quote.

Problem?

He said in the preceding sentence he didn't want schools either.

How'd that work out for him?

Location hidden

#532537 Apr 27, 2014
hojo wrote:
Garbage...

Location hidden

#532538 Apr 27, 2014
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
No!........Catholics believe that that they possess the Fullness of the Faith and the Fullness of the TRUTH was initated and established by Jesus Christ Himself over 2000 years ago in and through His Universal Catholic Church from God the Father!.........Later---- Protestants,some 1500 years later "rejected" (a large portion-not all) of the FUllness of that TRUE Faith and the TRUTH creating their own "man-made" denominations which have reached in excess of 40,000 + here in the 21st century, using "only" the bible as their source of man-made "relstive ( contradicting truth"------depending on which bible only self - opinionated preacher you listen to !
There has been a "gradual deteration" of the Original Truths of the Word of a Godvthat was proclaimed, taught, and passes down from Jesus to His Apostles which was first taught in the
Early Churches beginning at Antioch------All "watered down" initially with Luther in the 16thcentury beginning at the Protestant Reformation!!!
You are a liar...

You are lying ...... again....proof follows:

You are scared to death to face the truth...your ego is the size of an elephant...you have swallowed so much slop from your pope you have stayed blind and deaf...

Proof of my words: Your stupidity of looking in an English dictionary for the definition of a Greek word is stupidity at its most high!!!

Do what Christians do,,,show the definition of the Koine Greek word from which "church" was translated in Mt 16:18......and in many other verses.

You will not do so..because that would prove, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that you are a bald--face liar...

BTW...that definition can be found in your NABre.....
Prove me wrong!!!!!

Worth repeating!!!!
You will not do so..because that would prove, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that you are a bald--face liar...
Chess Jurist

Columbus, OH

#532539 Apr 27, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Go hiss under your favorite rock...snake
More rage.

Jesus do that to you?

Location hidden

#532540 Apr 27, 2014
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
Nice quote.
Problem?
He said in the preceding sentence he didn't want schools either.
How'd that work out for him?
Problem?
By "he" I assume you mean Chief Joseph, as there were two quotes from two different men.

The same way it "worked out" for his beliefs.
They were forbidden to celebrate their beliefs, speak their own language, and had their children forcibly removed from their parents and homes. Their hair was forcibly cut, their clothes taken away and burned, and even their given names were forbidden and they were given new "Christian" names by the whites. And then they ALL were driven (force marched, hauled by wagon or train) to reservations where they are STILL forbidden (even tho they have won every court battle up to and including the SCOTUS) to even use the water which flows in the streams from "their" lands ... the supposed lands of sovereign nations.

So, do you have a point of some sort?
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#532541 Apr 27, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you call yourself a saint?
St. Christopher? Of course he's still a saint. What's wrong with you?
My reaction is always the same to you Rose whenever you post snide remarks and underhanded insults at the Catholic Church. Had you stayed true to what you've always said here about him, maybe something like "oh, I always respected John Paul, good for him", my response would've been quite different.
Anthony,

saint......hagios

(noun) members of the church - "people called out of the world to be God's own people"

ONE SET APART, CONSECRATED, HOLY ONE

Every Christian (In Christ) is a saint.
Chess Jurist

Columbus, OH

#532542 Apr 27, 2014
Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>
Problem?
By "he" I assume you mean Chief Joseph, as there were two quotes from two different men.
The same way it "worked out" for his beliefs.
They were forbidden to celebrate their beliefs, speak their own language, and had their children forcibly removed from their parents and homes. Their hair was forcibly cut, their clothes taken away and burned, and even their given names were forbidden and they were given new "Christian" names by the whites. And then they ALL were driven (force marched, hauled by wagon or train) to reservations where they are STILL forbidden (even tho they have won every court battle up to and including the SCOTUS) to even use the water which flows in the streams from "their" lands ... the supposed lands of sovereign nations.
So, do you have a point of some sort?
I do have a point of some sort.

First, I only included your quote for Joseph. And I pointed out that you didn't mention the preceding sentence that dealt with schooling. So which quote I meant should not be difficult to puzzle through, eh?

And how did disdain for schooling turn out for him?

Not well.

Writing of him parading around with Buffalo Bill after the surrender, Warren wrote:

Great honor came, for it came to pass
That to praise the red man was the way
Best adapted to expunge all, all, in the mist
Of bloodless myth. And in the predictably obscene
Procession to dedicate Grant's Tomb, which grandeur
Was now to hold the poor, noble dust of Appomattox,
Joseph, whose people had never taken
A scalp, rode beside Buffalo Bill-

Who had once sent his wife a yet-warm scalp
He himself had sliced from the pate
Of a red man who'd missed him. Joseph rode
Beside Buffalo Bill, who broke clay pigeons-
One-two-three-four-five---just like that.

Joseph rode by the clown, the magician who could transform
For howling patriots, or royalty,
The blood of history into red ketchup,
A favorite American condiment. By his side
Joseph rode. Did Joseph know
Of the bloody scalp in love's envelope, know
That the dead Grant had once, in the White House,
In his own hand, certified the land
Of the Winding Waters to Joseph's people-
"Forever"-until some western politico, or such,
Jerked him by the nose, like a bull with a brass
Ring there for control?

Warren, Robert Penn, Chief Joseph of the Nez Perce, in The Collected Poems of Robert Penn Warren, Burt, John, ed.,(LSU Press, 1998), pp. 520-1.

Sad.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#532543 Apr 27, 2014
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text> ok Thank you..
Saraphima,

May God comfort you and strength you each and every day.

Our thoughts and prayers are with you.

Blessings!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 2 min Steve III 618,294
American Soldiers - Duty, Honor, Country (Jun '11) 4 min Ricky F 38,322
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 4 min Seentheotherside 18,649
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 4 min Nohweh 37,369
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 5 min Ooogah Boogah 969,842
Play "end of the word" part 2 19 min WasteWater 1,699
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 22 min WasteWater 104,587
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 4 hr who 280,849
More from around the web