Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 568,901
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story

“TRAIL OF TEARS”

Since: Dec 13

CHEROKEE NATION, USA

#532144 Apr 26, 2014
Good afternoon to all you good people.

I hope the day treats you kind.

@Pusherman.

Good afternoon today and yesterday too!! LOL

“OneLordOneFaith Eph4:5”

Since: Apr 08

Saint John Paul II Pray 4 Us.

#532145 Apr 26, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I suggest that the first of your post is close to the truth ... but the part about Jesus Christ founding your church is a blatant lie.
Your founding fathers STATED that Jesus was baptized by John the baptist, which makes it plain that even they were fully aware that the Catholic religion was already up and running within the theological story before Jesus joined John and the others.
Theology is based on lies and it just take scrutiny to spot the lies.
You don't WANT to spot the lies, as you want to cover for them.
And that deceit LIES with YOU and your hypnotized conscience.
Please no more "suggestions!" No one takes your suggestions anyway. LOL

Sorry but the liar is YOU!
Don't try to tell any Catholic when our Church started b/c YOU do not know one thing about our Church.

Our Church started on the day of the Pentecost, it had nothing to do with John baptizing Jesus. Keep it up we can give you the truth.Dummy!
Go to the link below you might learn something.:)

"For Christians, Pentecost is a holiday on which we commemorate the coming of the Holy Spirit on the early followers of Jesus. Before the events of the first Pentecost, which came a few weeks after Jesus’ death and resurrection, there were followers of Jesus, but no movement that could be meaningfully called “the church.” Thus, from an historical point of view, Pentecost is the day on which the church was started. This is also true from a spiritual perspective, since the Spirit brings the church into existence and enlivens it. Thus Pentecost is the church’s birthday.

What actually happened on that day of Pentecost?
This event is recorded in the New Testament book known as The Acts of the Apostles. Chapter 2 begins,“And when the day of Pentecost [ten hemeran tes pentekostes] had come,[the first followers of Jesus] were all together in one place”(2:1). "

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/markdroberts/ser...
Gods R Delusions x Mine

Orlando, FL

#532146 Apr 26, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
This is some of what the world is reaping from the Catholic Church today;
- Catholic Relief Services provides food, shelter, clothing, and material assistance to over 130 million people in 90 countries each year.
- 26% of all health care around the world is provided by Catholic institutions.
- the largest non-government school system in the world.
That Catholic/Christian ethic of healthcare for the poor is what has brought this country down.

Healthcare became a "right" because hospitals were forced to accept people, thanks to that Catholic ethic.

Thank u for Obama Care.

Ramen

#532147 Apr 26, 2014
Just heard CNN will show the canonization of our Popes Sunday starting at 4:AM not sure if that is Eastern time.(Also on EWTN)
God bless our Popes!
<><

#532148 Apr 26, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
....I remember any female over 10 or so couldn't enter a catholic church with respect without a head covering. Today nobody cares hat or no hat.
... I remember when females weren't allowed on the altar, now they serve mass and distribute the Eucharist from the altar.
.....I remember when Latin Only was spoken by the priest saying mass. Today its whatever language the priest wants to use.
.....I remember when the altar was turned 180 degrees.
...I remember when only Sunday best allowed you into church. Today it seems you can wear whatever you want.
....I remember when it was with reverence and only proper to refer to priests as Hello! Father Johnson, or Father Thompson........today its hey! Father Mike, Father Liam Father Preston etc....
........soon the cup holders, and lazy boy chairs will be coming and .. you will tell your usher. "I'll have a medium double double.....
.....times are a changin'
LOL

You are so confused! Are you still wearing your knicker? Of course not (well maybe, lol)
I'm surprised you still remember anything.

Those things you mention are minor, the Church can change the paint of the church but not Dogma.
It has not changed for over 2000 years.

I call my priest Father to this day. <3

Vatican II changed the language to the language of the people. In fact it's Pope John XXIII that called Vatican II he is been canonized this Sunday. FYI Watch on CNN or EWTN.

Oh stop already , Silly man!
Gods R Delusions x Mine

Orlando, FL

#532149 Apr 26, 2014
Hello, God here...

Pray to me for anything and I will hear and answer your prayers. I say it in dozens of places in the Bible, but I like the way I say it in Mark 11:24 the best: "Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours." Anything you need -- money, love, happiness, you name it -- I am here to provide it for you.
Now, there is just one thing I need in return. I need your money. I need lots of your money. The Bible specifies that you tithe ten percent of your income to me, but think of that as a starting point. Feel free to give more!

Because even though I created the universe and everything in it, and even though I will give you everything you ask for in prayer, I can't give a cent to any church, ever. When they pass the offering plate at church, be sure to give generously!

----------

This, of course, is ridiculous.

The reason why they pass the offering plate at church is because your god is imaginary.

Mine is real

Ramen
Anthony MN

Saint Paul, MN

#532150 Apr 26, 2014
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
-
-
<quoted text>
-
-
Kind o' late in the game, wouldn't you say, Anthony?
Imagine the world we would have if they had FIRST done this sort of thing - rather than murdering heretics and hiding the Word of God from the people.
-
The Word of God INDICTS the Catholic Church, doesn't it? And now that the Word of God is all ubiquitous the Catholic church sees the need to 'clean up its act' as it were....
TOO LATE to save the integrity of the Catholic Church, tho'.
Fortunately 99.999% of the world sees things differently than you and Jack Chick.

How's that back yard bunker comin' along?

#532151 Apr 26, 2014
Gods R Delusions x Mine wrote:
<quoted text>
Does this mean that catholics are more moral?
More ethical?
Commit fewer crimes?
Is there any tangible meaning to such a claim, beyond ego?
I have real world PROOF. Mine is the one true God. Unlike you, I don't need to rip the delusional, untrue gods of those who are lesser than me.
Ramen
No, it just means that those churches are man made.

I agree only one true God!
concerned in Brasil

Europe

#532152 Apr 26, 2014
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
even wikipedia acknowledges this was largely a political campaign. I dont think you understand that the crusades were medieval wars and you're looking at them thru a 21st century lense. That's just wrong. Suppose Innocent III was a power hungry tyrant... Well, he died and met his judgement. What's it got to do with Catholicism? Is 1230 yrs of Catholicism down the toilet because Innocent launched an unjust war, "unjust" as we read it through today's culture and climate? The bottom line CIB: you have no answer for Catholicism in century 1,2,3,4, 8, 16 and 20. You cant justify how your teachings are opposite of Ignatius, Clement, Poly and everyone else in Christendom for 1800 yrs. So you use diversions like this. And the fact that the truth of the Church's teachings survived men like Innocent III is proof of her guidance from God. The devil might have taken down our Pope and a few Bishops, but the prince of lies couldn't penetrate the teachings. That's what Christ meant when He said "the gates of hell shall not prevail".
Are you and Idiot apparently so.

It was mostly a political action because Innocent the 3 wanted to maintain control leadership over them.

What has it got to do with Catholicism LOL ROFL everything your Sect claims he is the Vicar of Christ on earth an Apostle equal to Peter or Paul as such they are subject to the same standards.

Your Pope Innocent 3 fails the test he was not an Apostle nor a Vicar of Christ his actions show him equal to a Roman emperor and thus Romes claims of unbroken Apostolic lineage to Peter was broken in fact has never existed.

Not only that this went on from 11th century to the 19th century until the Pope of Romes armies were defeat by Italian armies and the Pope was put under house arrest at the what is the Vatican today.

Its not one bad Pope dumb dumb Its some 70+
and of which 42 of them via Papal decree, via RCC dogma instituted Inquisition with Torture and summary executions to the very low conservative estimate of some 40 million over 500 years. This is your sects history like or not its a FACT

This is why your claim or any Popes claim the RCC is the one true yadda yadda is absurd only some one with their head stuck in sand would swallow this kool aid in light of the Biblical and Historical Evidence.

As far as my beliefs go with respect to church fathers I am in agreement with most, but that is irrelevant I am not claiming my sect is the one true yadda yadda with an unbroken lineage with a living Apostle guiding me and my sect for the last 2000 years.

Your SECT does so it up to you to prove it or shut up, I don't make the same obnoxious prideful arrogant claims you and your RCC sect do.
Gods R Delusions x Mine

Orlando, FL

#532153 Apr 26, 2014
StarC wrote:
<quoted text>
Please no more "suggestions!" No one takes your suggestions anyway. LOL
Sorry but the liar is YOU!
Don't try to tell any Catholic when our Church started b/c YOU do not know one thing about our Church.
Our Church started on the day of the Pentecost, it had nothing to do with John baptizing Jesus. Keep it up we can give you the truth.Dummy!
Go to the link below you might learn something.:)
"For Christians, Pentecost is a holiday on which we commemorate the coming of the Holy Spirit on the early followers of Jesus. Before the events of the first Pentecost, which came a few weeks after Jesus’ death and resurrection, there were followers of Jesus, but no movement that could be meaningfully called “the church.” Thus, from an historical point of view, Pentecost is the day on which the church was started. This is also true from a spiritual perspective, since the Spirit brings the church into existence and enlivens it. Thus Pentecost is the church’s birthday.
What actually happened on that day of Pentecost?
This event is recorded in the New Testament book known as The Acts of the Apostles. Chapter 2 begins,“And when the day of Pentecost [ten hemeran tes pentekostes] had come,[the first followers of Jesus] were all together in one place”(2:1). "
http://www.patheos.com/blogs/markdroberts/ser...
You sound like you have inner doubts.

May the FSM be with you.

Ramen

#532154 Apr 26, 2014
Must run have a wonderful day/evening!
Anthony MN

Saint Paul, MN

#532155 Apr 26, 2014
--SPOONER-- wrote:
Good afternoon to all you good people.
I hope the day treats you kind.
@Pusherman.
Good afternoon today and yesterday too!! LOL
Great area up there in the Black Hills, especially enjoy Deadwood and Lead. Got caught in a snow storm coming down from Lead one time. People were great!

United States

#532156 Apr 26, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
This is some of what the world is reaping from the Catholic Church today;
- Catholic Relief Services provides food, shelter, clothing, and material assistance to over 130 million people in 90 countries each year.
- 26% of all health care around the world is provided by Catholic institutions.
- the largest non-government school system in the world.
-
-
That Catholic/Christian ethic of healthcare for the poor is what has brought this country down.
Healthcare became a "right" because hospitals were forced to accept people, thanks to that Catholic ethic.
Thank u for Obama Care.
Ramen
-
-
Healthcare ?? THAT'S what has brought the country down?
You are kidding yourself.
-
In A Nutshell:
In the 1940s it was considered a "commie plot" to provide universal healthcare for all Americans. see:
http://www.pbs.org/healthcarecrisis/history.h...
fast forward to 1990s when JOBS were exported overseas ... to Communist China - because healthcare expenses were considered too much of a burden to big corporations.
SO NOW - not only do you NOT have healthcare you don't have jobs, either.
What is more "commie" than sending jobs to Communist China .... along with the healthcare that was once attached to them?
Gods R Delusions x Mine

Orlando, FL

#532157 Apr 26, 2014
No change in teachings? Nothing but semantics and word games.

When did the RCC start teaching that heretics could be saved?

Mine is the only true God who has never changed its teachings, ever.

Ramen

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#532158 Apr 26, 2014
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>ypou just proved that you are understanding. It is a "promise"
I saw your post to them, I detest you. I don't care about your false feeling towards me or them. you are a double minded person and very unstable in ALL of your ways.
you can me a false teacher, you have said that both GIF and myself were taught by satan.I wouldn't give you a plug nickel for you making it into Heaven.
many on here think they know what Blasphemy of the Holy Ghost is, and you have committed it. when you credit satan for the works of God, you have blasphemed the Holy Ghost. He and I have been called and Anointed by the Holy Ghost to preach His Word,
and you have given the credit to satan, and you will answer for that some day, foolish woman
Horse apples!!!!

You are a fraud.....because you are, you are not able to answer my question.

Atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>you certainly have a problem understanding the Scriptures.
And there went great multitudes with him: and he turned, and said unto them,
26 If any man come to me, and hate not his father, and mother, and wife, and children, and brethren, and sisters, yea, and his own life also, he cannot be my disciple.
27 And whosoever doth not bear his cross, and come after me, cannot be my disciple.
28 For which of you, intending to build a tower, sitteth not down first, and counteth the cost, whether he have sufficient to finish it?
29 Lest haply, after he hath laid the foundation, and is not able to finish it, all that behold it begin to mock him,
30 Saying, This man began to build, and was not able to finish.
that is Word, marge and it is the Word coming straight from Jesus.
Building is WORK. in the 29th verse, the foundation is laid(Salvation) and then that person must continue or else the WORK is not finished(Lost Salvation)
just because you don't understand, doesn't take away what is said in the Bible.
the answer for you is obvious, get Saved and God will take that serpentine tongue away from you

A. Do you hate your father, your mother, your wife, your children, your brother, your sisters, your own life??
concerned in Brasil

Europe

#532159 Apr 26, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
You've never read it so how do you know?
Vain babblings come from internet preachers like you who scream and thump your bible but are so ignorant you couldn't find your rear end with both hands.
Once again someone posts evidence for why they believe you are wrong, and once again you can't respond in a rational logical evidence in any way to refute their assertions.

Nope the Pharisee resorts right away to name calling and mud slinging because he is incapable of refuting it because truth is not on his side or in his heart.

Keep digging Pharisee keep digging
Anthony MN

Saint Paul, MN

#532160 Apr 26, 2014
<quoted text>
Thank u for Obama Care.
Ramen
Agreed about Obummercare.

Agree that liberal catholics-in-name-only played a part in passing it.

Disagree that the ethic of comforting and medically treating the sick, poor and helpless is what brought this country down.
Gods R Delusions x Mine

Orlando, FL

#532161 Apr 26, 2014
StarC wrote:
<quoted text>
No, it just means that those churches are man made.
I agree only one true God!
If catholics are not more moral, nor more ethical, nor live better lives than non-Catholics, then...

... why should I or anyone else believe that Catholics are in possession of perfect teachings on morals, straight from God?

Your claim is for all purposes -- empty.
Anthony MN

Saint Paul, MN

#532162 Apr 26, 2014
concerned in Brasil wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you and Idiot apparently so.
It was mostly a political action because Innocent the 3 wanted to maintain control leadership over them.
What has it got to do with Catholicism LOL ROFL everything your Sect claims he is the Vicar of Christ on earth an Apostle equal to Peter or Paul as such they are subject to the same standards.
Your Pope Innocent 3 fails the test he was not an Apostle nor a Vicar of Christ his actions show him equal to a Roman emperor and thus Romes claims of unbroken Apostolic lineage to Peter was broken in fact has never existed.
Not only that this went on from 11th century to the 19th century until the Pope of Romes armies were defeat by Italian armies and the Pope was put under house arrest at the what is the Vatican today.
Its not one bad Pope dumb dumb Its some 70+
and of which 42 of them via Papal decree, via RCC dogma instituted Inquisition with Torture and summary executions to the very low conservative estimate of some 40 million over 500 years. This is your sects history like or not its a FACT
This is why your claim or any Popes claim the RCC is the one true yadda yadda is absurd only some one with their head stuck in sand would swallow this kool aid in light of the Biblical and Historical Evidence.
As far as my beliefs go with respect to church fathers I am in agreement with most, but that is irrelevant I am not claiming my sect is the one true yadda yadda with an unbroken lineage with a living Apostle guiding me and my sect for the last 2000 years.
Your SECT does so it up to you to prove it or shut up, I don't make the same obnoxious prideful arrogant claims you and your RCC sect do.
"the very low conservative estimate of some 40 million over 500 years"

Fringe whacko alert!!!!

Which Church father was an evangelical fundamentalist?
Chess

Columbus, OH

#532163 Apr 26, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Horse apples!!!!
You are a fraud.....because you are, you are not able to answer my question.
Atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>you certainly have a problem understanding the Scriptures.
And there went great multitudes with him: and he turned, and said unto them,
26 If any man come to me, and hate not his father, and mother, and wife, and children, and brethren, and sisters, yea, and his own life also, he cannot be my disciple.
27 And whosoever doth not bear his cross, and come after me, cannot be my disciple.
28 For which of you, intending to build a tower, sitteth not down first, and counteth the cost, whether he have sufficient to finish it?
29 Lest haply, after he hath laid the foundation, and is not able to finish it, all that behold it begin to mock him,
30 Saying, This man began to build, and was not able to finish.
that is Word, marge and it is the Word coming straight from Jesus.
Building is WORK. in the 29th verse, the foundation is laid(Salvation) and then that person must continue or else the WORK is not finished(Lost Salvation)
just because you don't understand, doesn't take away what is said in the Bible.
the answer for you is obvious, get Saved and God will take that serpentine tongue away from you
A. Do you hate your father, your mother, your wife, your children, your brother, your sisters, your own life??
I'm still waiting for *you* to answer it, numb-nuts.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Key to Patriot's changes against Seahawks 3 min Doctor REALITY 6
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 4 min onemale 267,680
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 6 min Dave Nelson 797,664
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 9 min Remnant of 144000 39,402
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 12 min Remnant of 144000 607,281
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 55 min Al Capone 5,331
Do white girls like Hispanic guys? (Girls who a... (Jan '14) 1 hr Basque_Spaniards 17
Scientific proof for God's existence 3 hr Ooogah Boogah 660
Dubai massage Body To Body full service 0559... (Mar '14) 10 hr Fred 178
More from around the web