Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 701419 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#532446 Apr 27, 2014
Dust Storm wrote:
The doctrine of papal infallibility does not have to do with a pope canonizing saints.
Yet they presume they know that GOD wants the popes canonized as saints.

That is the "same" as them claiming the mindset of infallibility on their own behalves.

“Evolved hunter/gatherer”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#532447 Apr 27, 2014
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text> If indeed that you hope no one would read this,then you should have private message me this. Then for sure only you and I would know about it. God Bless
"Then for sure only you and I would know about it."
Really?
You really think that to be true?
There is no such thing as a private message on the net.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#532448 Apr 27, 2014
Each group of devout believers were and are certain that the creator is supportive of their claims.

It's human nature to want to take center stage and have the limelight shine on SELF.
>>>>>>> >

From the book,“The Papal Conspiracy Exposed, and Protestantism Defended,” by Rev. Edward Beecher, published in 1855, comes the following

At this time we aim; because it is our firm conviction that we, as a Protestant nation, have received our principles from God, and that he has assigned to us the sublime mission and the glorious destiny of making them universal.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#532449 Apr 27, 2014
Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
First, the church does not make Saints. It only recognizes what is believed God has done and there is a rigorous process and investigation for those other than who died as a Martyr. We are all called to be Saints, that there are some who are recognized for exemplary Christian life. The Once saved always savers declare everyone who meets their double standard a Saint and Protestants who dont believe in Once Saved always saved some would declare them to be Saints others not.
As you can see all the Preachers in here who have condemned all Catholics to hell. We do not know what sins each individual has or whether they repented and persevered until the end. In declaring someone a Saint whether they confessed, their actions and often investigation into their personal lives and character witnesses and the verification of miracles when they were asked for intercession are part of the process. In the ancient catechombs where Christians hid under persecution the inscriptions peter, paul and Mary pray for us is not uncommon. No worhsip involved but rather emulation and honor and belief that God is the God of the living not the dead and the Angels and Saints rejoice in the clouds as another comes to Christ. Its clear in the Catechism and the Church that NO ONE other than God is to be worshipped.
All our creatures, but when you honor his eathly Mother or the Angels and Saints his creation you honor him and and his sacrifice made for you. All Glory and Honor goes to God. Hail Mary Pray for us. Its asking for intercession like Moses did or Abraham. Necromancy is forbidden. No one is asking for advice and pray in the vernacular does not mean its intended use. I pray thee King meant I ask thee King. You invoked a braod range of topics each could be an article. Again as you have been clearly told dozens of times Limbo was never a doctrine or dogma it was a pious belief and I gave you where it emerged which you didnt bother to read. With original Sin Augustine was challenged by Pelegius who was arguing grace was not necessary and that man did not need grace and be sinless on his own. King David said I was born in Sin. No one wanted to believe that a child viewed as innocent who had not been baptized would die in sin. It was and remains a pious belief with no suffering for a child, but it should not be taught as a truth which was always part of the deposit of the faith. The fact is we leave it up to a just and merciful God and do what is right. Jews today still argue about what happens to a child if it dies before circumcision or cermemonial washing of the female. No Jew as an infant ever made the decision to become part of the faith by consenting to circumsion.
Cont.
And again, I was most certainly taught limbo was a,place where the baptized babies go to the point where we were instructed we COULD baptize in extreme emergency if no priest was around..taught this by the dear nuns WHO believed this ...taught by the RCC .. now it's Not taught, but it was..no matter how often you say it's not dogma, do you think it was NOT BELIEVED by faithful Catholics, including some here ....until someone posted it was not taught anymore.

How many Catholics grew up thinking poor little children would NOT BE WITH JESUS ....everyone I went to school with believed that , why? Because we were taught ....

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#532450 Apr 27, 2014
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Your "modern day" half-truth, half-heresy bible quoting "personal opinion" judgemental denomination does NOT speak for God and NEVER will ----until-----(again)-----unti l you come to the TRUTH of the Gospel of Jesus Christ ---HIS OWN SPOKEN WORDS------and TRUE Salvation in HIM ---" in and through HIS One True Apostolic Catholic Church --the Bride of Christ !!!!!-----Until that time comes, you Confrinting will (continue) to remain on the "outside" always looking in at the TRUTH of over 2000 years ( just like the Prodigal son did in Luke 15: 11----rebellious and defiant until he eventually "Came to his senses"!!!!......
You always come back with your ...Same ole Same ole response...SAME OLE MALARKEY...

Never validating what you say ....by the Bible ....always comparing your religious conjecture... to your religious conjecture . THAT HAS NO FOUNDATION WHATSOEVER.
IN THE BIBLE...

2Co_10:12 For we dare not make ourselves of the number, or compare ourselves with some that commend themselves: but they measuring themselves by themselves, and comparing themselves among themselves, are not wise. ACCORDING TO THE WORD HERE OF JOHN THE BELOVED...

HE SAID YOU ARE A LIAR ( WHEN YOU CLAIM TO BE A CHRISTIAN).......BECAUSE

YOU DO NOT KEEP GOD'S COMMANDMENTS

My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous:

1Jn 2:2 And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world.

1Jn 2:3 And hereby we do know that we know him, if we keep his commandments.

NOTE
1Jn 2:4 He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.

1Jn 2:5 But whoso keepeth his word, in him verily is the love of God perfected: hereby know we that we are in him.

1Jn 2:6 He that saith he abideth in him ought himself also so to walk, even as he walked.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#532451 Apr 27, 2014
Guide for Living … Pope Pius XII … Selected Addresses and Letters of His Holiness

World Government

Address to members of the Universal Movement for World Federation, April 6, 1951:

Your movement gentlemen, aims at bringing into being an effective political world organization. Nothing is more in line with the traditional doctrine of the Church nor more adapted to her teaching regarding just and unjust war, particularly at the present juncture.
Henry

Bischofferode, Germany

#532452 Apr 27, 2014
Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>
Health care costs caused businesses to out source to China?
Surely you jest.
The legislated stifling of our free enterprise system, excessive tax burdens, over regulation and intrusion into our free markets, anti-robot clauses in labor contracts, and excessive wage demands by organized labor factions, are but some of the biggest reasons those jobs left the country.
Do you believe in our free enterprise system of commerce?
No idon`t, I am a communist. But humanity may end through the nuclear holocast. BTW: Hitler was a member of the catholic church until its death. He paid iis dues punctually.

Location hidden

#532453 Apr 27, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
And unless the god is a maniac, there could be no suffering of any forms of life whatsoever.
Bunkology
There ya go again June, assuming this "reality" ain't "normal" , and assuming it should be something else.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#532454 Apr 27, 2014
Henry wrote:
<quoted text>
Iron Age religions should be shelved to the history of past religions. Unfortunately in the nuclear Age humanity in their majority People are not able to force it upon men, so they will end as a human race.
I suggest that (if the leaders in government don't first blow us all up with nuclear weapons) right-fighting religions will be as prevalent in years to comes as is the case today.

Humans enjoy fighting. If that were not true there would be such thing as murder whether over religion or not over religion.

Theologians can inject religion into human psyches, but it's impossible to take human nature out of humans.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#532455 Apr 27, 2014
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
I SAID isn't it up to God to determine I be who is,a saint.
I do believe with the work that is,done in examination., it's more likely than not , those folks are in heaven. But aside from the Apostles and Paul, how do we KNOW..
Once upon a,time the RCC declared babies not in heaven, in a place called limbo, NOT WITH JESUS, in direct opposition to His directive for the little children to come to him..blessedly now,there is,no limbo ...or never was ...for children .born or preborn,..thing is,despite the anguish to the PARENTS who may have believed the Church, Jesus still wanted the children as He said.
Now is proclaiming a Saint supposedly ex cathedral??
Just curious , I have to admit hearing Christopher was,no longer a,Saint kind of shocked me. As I had believed He was. So what of folks,who prayed to him for safety, did they sin??
I repeat only GOD can say who is a Saint, meaning a,person in heaven..and yes some folks see saints as those who accepted Jesus as Lord...
One thing you folks,do NOT get...when we,pray together for any sick person, etc...we are not praying TO , we are following the command to GATHER IN HIS NAME ....
I personally have no idea,if prayers,I said to saints worked as intercession...only God even knows if they are, but NOW,I make sure my prayers,are to God in Jesus,name as instructed by HIM..
lastly , I really think all these particular differences will be sorted out by God...as,long as,JESUS,is at the heart of our WORSHIP, not anyone else...if we kiss a statues feet are we giving praise to a being other than Jesus.....(Yes I know or hope no one is worshipping the statue, though THE APPEARANCE OF DOING SO is there for others to see, something we are warned about in Scripture...)
My two cents,please,read , not just react , or not, up to you
Do you call yourself a saint?

St. Christopher? Of course he's still a saint. What's wrong with you?

My reaction is always the same to you Rose whenever you post snide remarks and underhanded insults at the Catholic Church. Had you stayed true to what you've always said here about him, maybe something like "oh, I always respected John Paul, good for him", my response would've been quite different.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#532456 Apr 27, 2014
Henry wrote:
<quoted text>
No idon`t, I am a communist. But humanity may end through the nuclear holocast. BTW: Hitler was a member of the catholic church until its death. He paid iis dues punctually.
Communist is a bad word to many people of religion.

They get the two words dictator and communist mixed together as one.

The following is what I suggest you mean by the word.

Am I right?
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >

communism

a theory or system of social organization based on the holding of all property in common, actual ownership being ascribed to the community as a whole or to the state.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/commun...
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#532457 Apr 27, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
St. Christopher? Of course he's still a saint. What's wrong with you?
How funny that men think they are so all-powerful as to dictate who are saints and who are demons.

Good Grief!
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#532458 Apr 27, 2014
Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>
There ya go again June, assuming this "reality" ain't "normal" , and assuming it should be something else.
I suggest you try sticking to the content of my post without wandering off on your own tangent.

June VanDerMark wrote:

<quoted text>
And unless the god is a maniac, there could be no suffering of any forms of life whatsoever.
Bunkology
hojo

Waconia, MN

#532459 Apr 27, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I suggest that "thou" protests to much.
Are you having a problem keeping the FAITH in lies???
I hope so!
I don't protest-------because-------I am no longer a Protestant!!!!,,,,.."Been there--done that (nonsense) for over 35 years!!.......,it seems like the only one on this forum that has a problem --- is you June, posting 15 or more comments a day trying to convince yourself of your FAITHLESS. atheistic "NON FAITH
Liam

Saint Paul, MN

#532460 Apr 27, 2014
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text> If indeed that you hope no one would read this,then you should have private message me this. Then for sure only you and I would know about it. God Bless
I can't unless I have an account. Anyway, its all good. Hang in there.

Location hidden

#532461 Apr 27, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
If the supposed god is beyond all human understanding, how do reckon to agree with the supposed god on any subject whatsoever???
By the way, have you received any messages from YOUR latest wisdom-"contacts" to inform you what the god is thinking on this new day?
The god seems to be accustomed to changing its will at human theological "commands" of any fool who decides to put pen to paper.
There ya go again June, assuming you know that "contacts" has anything at all to do with spiritual "contacts". It was a catch phrase dear. It caught your panties all up in a wad to be sure. Just like your turmoil over trying to figure out why my avatar was chosen. It has nothing to do with this thread at all. That's why I always laughed when you spun and spun and spun and guessed and guessed and guessed.

You assume also that I support and adhere to your stereotypical "Christian" and "dogma" crap too dear, and you attack me as if I do.
Funny stuff I tell ya. You get all twisted because I do not and will not fit into your little stereotypical attack God and religion box.

You are no atheist June, just an angry old woman playing the poor little me victim. You attack any and every person that comes here as if they all are the ones that caused your pain.
Like I said before June, you ignore and overlook the FEW in those organizations who do "see the light" and actually live their faith, no matter what "denomination" it appears to be which they support.

I actually pity you June. You are so full of anger and hate for your fellow man, that it boggles my mind. Not even unloading on you and calling >YOU< names for a change, can sway you from your hatred and mission to exact a pound of flesh from every human with which you come into contact..
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#532462 Apr 27, 2014
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
How many Catholics grew up thinking poor little children would NOT BE WITH JESUS ....everyone I went to school with believed that , why? Because we were taught ....
Protestant preachers tried to teach me that those who weren't Protestant would burn in hell ... but I didn't buy their nonsense as truth, and I still don't.

It seems however you DO?

Otherwise you would not BE a Protestant.

You certainly don't believe that Catholic-preachers were or are inspired by Jesus ... DO YOU???

Theologians teach humans to be just as arrogant as are they in their claims of knowing truth.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#532463 Apr 27, 2014
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't protest-------because-------I am no longer a Protestant
You are still a Protestor. You just changed sides of who you would fight for.

Now you protest that Protestants are liars and Catholics tell the truth.

Before you told the opposite story.

I think you all live in hypnotic trances of illusion.

If you had no fear, you wouldn't NEED religion, as you would have trust that if there is a hereafter ... all will be well.
Liam

Saint Paul, MN

#532464 Apr 27, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
But the fact IS, you believe that God loves only Christians of your denomination, and that means that if Jesus stayed faithful to Judaism,(within the theology) he will have to go to hell.
Can you shut your mouth for 5 seconds? No one cares what some crazy lady says over and over and over and over. Sera just lost her husband, go antagonize someone else. Your a horrible human being. I will do my best to see that my kids don't end up a pathetic ugly soul like you. You must have done something horrible in your life to lash out at God all day everyday. Did you commit murder?

Location hidden

#532465 Apr 27, 2014
Henry wrote:
<quoted text>
So? Big deal.
He also used the words of Martin Luther in his campaign against the Jews too.
What's your point?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 3 min NICK 79,511
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr Dang Jersey Piney 995,744
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 3 hr Dang Jersey Piney 448,363
Arsonist strikes @ Little Rock Pregnancy Planni... 5 hr Cowards 2
The Last TRUMP (Donald Trump) Of God 5 hr Prophecy 1
Trump Jr met with a CONVICTED PEDOPHILE during ... 6 hr Doctor REALITY 7
What Your Church Won't Tell You by Dave and Gar... (Apr '10) 7 hr God s Chosen Child 33,239