Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 692196 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#532320 Apr 26, 2014
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>my opinion, only.
when God does something and a person attributes that work to be coming from the devil, so a person has to be careful in what they say about a person.
Jesus spoke about that when He said a house divided shall not stand and will satan cast out satan?
one [unforgivable] sin would be the sin of suicide. you are dead so you cant ask for forgiveness, which that in and of itself proves that OSAS is a faulty doctrine. people like marge, stanley et al say that God forgives ALL sin, past present and future. it is true that He will, if He is asked after Repentance.
Danger doctrines are just that, DANGEROUS
Thanks

The reason I put both together is that I had read Blasphemy of the Holy Spirit was the unreasonable sin spoken of
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#532321 Apr 26, 2014
concerned in Brasil wrote:
<quoted text>
please post again all reading along now its been asked and answered
your like a child in the school yard.
no you didn't, no you didn't, no you didn't, no you didn't, no you didn't, no you didn't, no you didn't, no you didn't,
Really that's how you think Jesus and the Apostles taught how defend one's faith.
Yeeks you are in deeper than I thought
I have a feeling you'll be disappearing again just like the last time I asked you to name one Church father with whom you share beliefs. It was the same time you quoted a father on the wine and omitted his writing on the Real Presence. Really proud aren't you? Shame on you.

“YESHUA IS LORD”

Since: Apr 07

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#532322 Apr 26, 2014
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Okay what is blasphemy of the Holy Spirit .
And yes,I asked those the e because I wanted to know,what they believe it to be
Most Christians amazingly does NOT know what blasphemy against the Holy Spirit is. I will say one thing about it though and that is...ONLY SOMEONE THAT IS PART OF THE ELECT CAN COMMIT THIS SIN. Someone may be a believer yet they may not be a member of the Elect and they cannot commit the sin of Blaspheming against the Holy Spirit. Now I know I just thoroughly confused most Christians on this forum with that statement.

All Believers are not necessarily a member of the Elect.

The ELECT has a very special job that God intends for them to do in the last days and it is they and only they that can commit the unforgiveable sin and I am of the belief that God chose them well and therefore they are of a Spiritual fortitude so much so to the point that it would be impossible for one of them to commit this sin. When one studies PREDESTINATION, the ELECT are the predestinated ones.
June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#532323 Apr 26, 2014
StarC wrote:
<quoted text>
Dear June Bug, if I was raised in Islam , I would have converted to the True church Catholic!
If you were born a Muslim, your view of life would be through the experience of a Muslim.

Yes, there are Muslims that convert to Christianity, and there are Christians that convert to Islam ... but more often than not, those raised in one religion, stay put IN that one religion. And if they do wander away from their own religion, often before they die, they go back TO the original religion.
Dust Storm

Minneapolis, MN

#532324 Apr 26, 2014
concerned in Brasil wrote:
<quoted text>
A Roman Catholic quoting from new advent is no different than a more quoting from mrm.org or farms.org
They are websites that are run by their Sect and only present that which agrees with them and more often than not completely out of context or with forgeries introduced.
Oh well the blind leading the Blind
Pathetic
Awww the baby is still whining. No Castor oil for you! Next! Gee the councils or highly acclaimed Protestant scholars and of course the Orthodox who know the facts would not be acceptable to you. You need fantasties like Jack Chick Comic books or fictitious nuns like Mary Ann Colins. lol Yeah convicted felons and propogandists creating hysteria that is more your speed. Truth Matters! Unfortunately not to you. Maybe someday you can sit at the adult table. Your credibility radar is well below zero. Thanks for proving it so often. lol
atemcowboy

Van Wert, OH

#532325 Apr 26, 2014
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks
The reason I put both together is that I had read Blasphemy of the Holy Spirit was the unreasonable sin spoken of
here is an article and contrary to what tony(dusty was right about him) says, this writer agrees with me and uses the words of Jesus about satan.

What is Blasphemy Against the Holy Spirit?
The word blasphemy (blasphemia), "impious and reproachful speech injurious to the divine majesty" (Thayer), in this context denotes an attitude of "defiant irreverence." The scribes who accused Jesus were guilty of blaspheming the Holy Spirit because they defied the truth. They treated his miracles with something worse than indifference; they blasphemously attributed them to Satan. They were like those condemned by Isaiah the prophet (5:20): "Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil; who substitute darkness for light and light for darkness; who substitute bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter!" Philo thus commented that those who blaspheme against the divine and ascribe the origin of evil to God and not man can expect no forgiveness. By accusing Jesus of being in league with Satan when he was really acting through the power of the Holy Spirit, they had blasphemed the Spirit, hardening their hearts against the Spirit's influence.
http://www.bible.ca/ef/expository-matthew-12-...
Guess I aint so dumb after all.lol

“YESHUA IS LORD”

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#532326 Apr 26, 2014
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>here is an article and contrary to what tony(dusty was right about him) says, this writer agrees with me and uses the words of Jesus about satan.
The word blasphemy (blasphemia), "impious and reproachful speech injurious to the divine majesty" (Thayer), in this context denotes an attitude of "defiant irreverence." The scribes who accused Jesus were guilty of blaspheming the Holy Spirit because they defied the truth. They treated his miracles with something worse than indifference; they blasphemously attributed them to Satan. They were like those condemned by Isaiah the prophet (5:20): "Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil; who substitute darkness for light and light for darkness; who substitute bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter!" Philo thus commented that those who blaspheme against the divine and ascribe the origin of evil to God and not man can expect no forgiveness. By accusing Jesus of being in league with Satan when he was really acting through the power of the Holy Spirit, they had blasphemed the Spirit, hardening their hearts against the Spirit's influence.
Well did speak when I stated that most Christians don't understand what blasphemy against the Holy Spirit is or who exactly can commit this sin.

And as for whether or not you 're dumb, the jury is still out on that one,LOL.

Seriously though,I won't say you're dumb but you're definitely BIBLICALLY ILLITERATE.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#532327 Apr 26, 2014
StarC wrote:
<quoted text>
Vatican II changed it to the language of that particular country. Since we are Universal=Catholic.
You've come to the right place always ask a Catholic.
Things have certainly changed.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>

From the book,“The Papal Conspiracy Exposed, and Protestantism Defended,” by Rev. Edward Beecher, published in 1855, comes the following……

In England the penalty for daring to read the Bible in the vernacular tongue was TO BE BURNED ALIVE. The inquisitors and ecclesiastics carried on a persecution against the disciples of Wickliffe, for a century and a half on this ground, and many were burned alive. In 1519 seven persons were burned alive at Coventry, having been convicted of the crime of having the Scriptures in their possession, or portions of same. Such scenes were extensively repeated.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#532328 Apr 26, 2014
StarC wrote:
<quoted text>
Envy is a deadly sin.
<><
Do you envy the idea that the Jews could still be loved as the one god's chosen few???
Dust Storm

Minneapolis, MN

#532329 Apr 26, 2014
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
And yes,I asked those the e because I wanted to know,what they believe it to be
http://www.ewtn.com/library/ANSWERS/UNFORGIV....

http://forums.catholic.com/showthread.php...

Now Tony believes that in the end times if you refuse to let the Holy Spirit speak through you then that it is unforgivable. However if you recall in Acts it is Peter who recalls the Words of Jesus. When they bring you before the synagogues the Holy Spirit will give you the words to Speak. Keep in mind the Saducees did not believe in the resurrection so talk of someone who had risen from the dead was even more problematic, despite that Jesus had silenced them before when he told them they neither understood the scripture nor the power of God, when they tried to trip him up.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#532330 Apr 26, 2014
Gods R Delusions x Mine wrote:
<quoted text>
If you were confident, why the need to put others down?
What's the point... unless you have nothing positive to validate your claims of being God's favorite?
If you have nothing positive, I guess claiming others aren't real churches is the next best thing.
Ramen
It's a nasty habit of Catholics and Protestants to put each other down as fodder for hell.

They seem to enjoy putting on airs of being superior to each other in the pretense that "Jesus" is theirs for the TAKING.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#532331 Apr 26, 2014
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe (within the circus of theology) it's the suggestion that a faithful Jewish Rabbi would leave his religion to become a Christian.

“YESHUA IS LORD”

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#532332 Apr 26, 2014
Mark 13:9-11 gives a great clue as to when Blasphemy against the Holy Spirit can take place by the Elect.

At the time when the Elect are delivered up in the synagogues and before councils etc, they are to not premeditate what they shall say before hand but they are to allow the Holy Spirit use them and the Holy Spirit will tell them what to say at that moment and those that out of fear or whatever that refuses to allow the Holy Spirit to use them at that momemt,this will be seen as a serious BLASPHEMY and the Lord God will not forgive them for it.

A word to the wise is sufficient.
concerned in Brasil

Europe

#532333 Apr 26, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
You once said 100 million murdered, then it was 60 million, then it was 40 million, now it's 30,000. All wrong.
"Regardless of the discrepancy, Dave Hunt is clearly incompetent as a researcher when he insists on defending such numbers as 300,000 or (even worse) "millions" put to death by the "Inquisition." It is estimated by modern scholars of the Spanish Inquisition, for example, that in its entire 356 year history (1478-1834), the grand total executed range from 3000-6000 persons which, though not entirely defensible either, is far lower than sensationalist writers like Dave Hunt would have us believe. Perhaps 50 percent of those who perished did so in the first 20 years of the institution, an estimated 2000 (or less) under the Grand Inquisitor, Torquemada -- though he was not the "cruel monster" as popular "Inquisition myths" portray him.
"....the Spanish Inquisition, in spite of wildly inflated estimates of the numbers of its victims, acted with considerable restraint in inflicting the death penalty, far more restraint than was demonstrated in secular tribunals elsewhere in Europe that dealt with the same kinds of offenses. The best estimate is that around 3000 death sentences were carried out in Spain by Inquisitorial verdict between 1550 and 1800, a far smaller number than that in comparable secular courts." (Peters, page 87, emphasis added)
In reality the English monarchy probably killed as many Catholics alone.
I have never said 100 000 million you clearly are lower on the ladder when comes to roman Catholics as my roman catholic friends and colleagues would never blatantly lie like you do.

But I have never used him as a source this David guy and as I have posted today if you use the numbers in your links syllabus you will arrive in the 10's of millions.

You are nuts
If Hitler murdered in summary executions 1000-10 million no one would question he is evil

But your arguments are so lame that some how lesser numbers make it ok or if someone has done the same to Catholics its ok.

The fact remains A REAL CHRISTIAN ONE TRUE CHURCH WOULD NEVER DO THIS THUS
the English crown is not christian or the one true church nor is the Papacy and its Roman Catholic followers the one true church.

What amazes me it was not one bad Pope it is over 70+ 42 of them directly endorsing it.

With literally Hundreds of thousands of bishops Priests and Catholic laymen complicit in this and no one said this is wrong or evil and not of God or his word.
andet1987

Chicago, IL

#532334 Apr 26, 2014
Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.ewtn.com/library/ANSWERS/UNFORGIV....
http://forums.catholic.com/showthread.php...
Now Tony believes that in the end times if you refuse to let the Holy Spirit speak through you then that it is unforgivable. However if you recall in Acts it is Peter who recalls the Words of Jesus. When they bring you before the synagogues the Holy Spirit will give you the words to Speak. Keep in mind the Saducees did not believe in the resurrection so talk of someone who had risen from the dead was even more problematic, despite that Jesus had silenced them before when he told them they neither understood the scripture nor the power of God, when they tried to trip him up.
his name is Gold Dust. how are you related to him ?

http://www.profightdb.com/img/wrestlers/thumb...
marge

Leesburg, GA

#532335 Apr 26, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
I have a feeling you'll be disappearing again just like the last time I asked you to name one Church father with whom you share beliefs. It was the same time you quoted a father on the wine and omitted his writing on the Real Presence. Really proud aren't you? Shame on you.
Anthony, please explain to me why our beliefs should differ from what is written? That is what your asking us to do, it's like you asking us to follow you instead of Jesus.
concerned in Brasil

Europe

#532336 Apr 26, 2014
Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
Awww the baby is still whining. No Castor oil for you! Next! Gee the councils or highly acclaimed Protestant scholars and of course the Orthodox who know the facts would not be acceptable to you. You need fantasties like Jack Chick Comic books or fictitious nuns like Mary Ann Colins. lol Yeah convicted felons and propogandists creating hysteria that is more your speed. Truth Matters! Unfortunately not to you. Maybe someday you can sit at the adult table. Your credibility radar is well below zero. Thanks for proving it so often. lol
You and Anthony are so lame deceitful hateful and disingenuous I highly doubt you are Roman Catholic you sure don't post like one. The Roman Catholics I know Family Friends and Colleges would never go as low as you have.

Apparently you both have no shame and like living in the Darkside

Bye bye.
concerned in Brasil

Europe

#532337 Apr 26, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
You probably have a feeling when you pass wind but that don't mean much now does it.

nope like always I am here posting reading along while offshore 26 days to go you can't get one thing right.
marge

Leesburg, GA

#532338 Apr 26, 2014
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>here is an article and contrary to what tony(dusty was right about him) says, this writer agrees with me and uses the words of Jesus about satan.
Agree
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#532339 Apr 26, 2014
Within the framework of theology

Christians keep insisting that all of Judaism was washed out of Jesus.

Yet you stick to their own Catholicism or Protestantism as being DIVINE.

I find it amazing how you can't open your mentalities to see that if Jesus lived he would have been as glued to Judaism as you now are to your own Christian religious cults.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 3 min tellinitlikeitis 47,392
Why are Europeans a race of savages, thieves, a... (Jun '15) 1 hr youareadufus 499
Budha Prolly Went To He11 4 hr Smiley 7
World Infection: Sexual Allegations Organizer =... 4 hr Hitler is dead 1
Crackdown On Liberal Safe Space 5 hr HalloChristmasWeen 2
Alabama 3 Women Arrested, 3000 Fraud Votes 5 hr TOLD U SO 2
Boys spying on their sisters (Jun '11) 6 hr ROB REGRET 5
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 8 hr PrettyGirl 990,750
More from around the web