Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 579,087
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Read more

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON to Save us

#531908 Apr 25, 2014
--SPOONER-- wrote:
<quoted text>
Good morning Rose.
Hope you have a great day Dear Friend. You are a pure Sweetheart.
God Bless.
Peace.
Good mornin/ afternoon Mr Spooned. As always good to see you, if a bit late ...I only come on a,couple times a day...

God bless my friend

“OneLordOneFaith Eph4:5”

Since: Apr 08

Saint John Paul II Pray 4 Us.

#531909 Apr 25, 2014
For Catholics and anyone else interested.
<><

Canonization News and schedule

http://www.ewtn.com/canonization/2popes/index...
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#531910 Apr 25, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
And I'm wondering what kind of militant atheist/agnostic coward feels the need to alter a Catholic Christian's post, lie about what a Catholic Christian says, and spend all his time obsessing over Catholics and their Church, while completely ignoring protestant Christians.
My guess it's the kind that's hiding something, that has an agenda, that isn't quite as happy with his personal as he wants people to believe, that has serious doubts and concerns about his mortality.
Yup, pretty sure I nailed it.
....All my time you say?(lol)!!!.... In the past several days you have posted a lot more than me. Check it out. I have been coming/going to home depot and Lowes being constructive with my time. I don't have valuable spare time like you. When you post all you do is talk over people, argue, name call and insult posters personally.

....Its just not right. You should strive to be more like me.

Gods R Delusions x Mine

Orlando, FL

#531911 Apr 25, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
In trying to be WISE, you prove your self to be an idiot.
If you think animals don't feel pain, you don't understand their language.
As an animal, you only seem to care about other animals.

What about the suffering of carrots?

Ramen
concerned in Brasil

Europe

#531912 Apr 25, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Forget telling me what the bible says CIB, because until ALL protestants agree, you're nothing but another opinion. I'm not gonna argue "bible" with you while protestantism is divided into 40,000 competing sects. Period. Amen.
And once again I'm forced to require you to identify an early Christian whom you consider a co-religionist, a co-evangelical fundamentalist, someone who rejected the Church and the Sacraments as your group does.
Until such time, buzz off.
Well you do lie because you have never asked me for early christian who is co-religionist

But since you ask the Apostle Paul as he taught all men have sinned ALL except Jesus I believe as he does that Mary was a sinner and we both disagree with your false sects assertions that Mary was sinless.

Again I point out the list of 40000 you post includes Protestant Orthodox and Roman Catholic sects, I.E. the Jesuits are listed separate and are one of the 40000 the list is compiled by non Christians and none roman Catholics alike and for you to claim that all 40000 must agree means the Great Schism must be solved and that did not involve and Reformation christian sects.

Clearly you are uneducated and ill informed.

Latest Buzz
truth matters and the only one spouted unsubstantiated opinion here is YOU and your fellow sect members.
Buzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Since: Apr 14

Bogotá, Colombia

#531913 Apr 25, 2014
full show for skype samanta_pop no free paypal/ credit card
Gods R Delusions x Mine

Orlando, FL

#531914 Apr 25, 2014
StarC wrote:
How Old Is Your Church?
If you are a Lutheran, your religion was founded by Martin Luther, an ex- monk of the Catholic Church, in the year 1517.
If you belong to the Church of England, your religion was founded by King Henry VIII in the year 1534 because the Pope would not grant him a divorce with the right to remarry.
If you are a Presbyterian, your religion was founded by John Knox in Scotland in the year 1560.
If you are a Protestant Episcopalian, your religion was an offshoot of the Church of England founded by Samuel Seabury in the American colonies in the 17th century.
If you are a Congregationalist, your religion was originated by Robert Brown in Holland in 1582.
If you are a Methodist, your religion was launched by John and Charles Wesley in England in 1744.
If you are a Unitarian, Theophilus Lindley founded your church in London in 1774.
If you are a Mormon (Latter Day Saints), Joseph Smith started your religion in Palmyra, N.Y., in 1829.
If you are a Baptist, you owe the tenets of your religion to John Smyth, who launched it in Amsterdam in 1605.
If you are of the Dutch Reformed church, you recognize Michaelis Jones as founder, because he originated your religion in New York in 1628.
If you worship with the Salvation Army, your sect began with William Booth in London in 1865.
If you are a Christian Scientist, you look to 1879 as the year in which your religion was born and to Mrs. Mary Baker Eddy as its founder.
If you belong to one of the religious organizations known as 'Church of the Nazarene," "Pentecostal Gospel." "Holiness Church," "Pilgrim Holiness Church," "Jehovah's Witnesses," your religion is one of the hundreds of new sects founded by men within the past century.
If you are Catholic, you know that your religion was founded in the year 33 by Jesus Christ the Son of God, and it is still the same Church.
Does this mean that catholics are more moral?

More ethical?

Commit fewer crimes?

Is there any tangible meaning to such a claim, beyond ego?

I have real world PROOF. Mine is the one true God. Unlike you, I don't need to rip the delusional, untrue gods of those who are lesser than me.

Ramen
Anthony MN

Andover, MN

#531915 Apr 25, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
....All my time you say?(lol)!!!.... In the past several days you have posted a lot more than me. Check it out. I have been coming/going to home depot and Lowes being constructive with my time. I don't have valuable spare time like you. When you post all you do is talk over people, argue, name call and insult posters personally.
....Its just not right. You should strive to be more like me.
More like you? Obsessed with child abuse, other people's dirty laundry, changing people's posts and lying about what they said?

What kind of happy person does these kinds of thing ? None that I know of. What're you hiding Mike?
concerned in Brasil

Europe

#531916 Apr 25, 2014
StarC wrote:
How Old Is Your Church?
If you are a Lutheran, your religion was founded by Martin Luther, an ex- monk of the Catholic Church, in the year 1517.
If you belong to the Church of England, your religion was founded by King Henry VIII in the year 1534 because the Pope would not grant him a divorce with the right to remarry.
If you are a Presbyterian, your religion was founded by John Knox in Scotland in the year 1560.
If you are a Protestant Episcopalian, your religion was an offshoot of the Church of England founded by Samuel Seabury in the American colonies in the 17th century.
If you are a Congregationalist, your religion was originated by Robert Brown in Holland in 1582.
If you are a Methodist, your religion was launched by John and Charles Wesley in England in 1744.
If you are a Unitarian, Theophilus Lindley founded your church in London in 1774.
If you are a Mormon (Latter Day Saints), Joseph Smith started your religion in Palmyra, N.Y., in 1829.
If you are a Baptist, you owe the tenets of your religion to John Smyth, who launched it in Amsterdam in 1605.
If you are of the Dutch Reformed church, you recognize Michaelis Jones as founder, because he originated your religion in New York in 1628.
If you worship with the Salvation Army, your sect began with William Booth in London in 1865.
If you are a Christian Scientist, you look to 1879 as the year in which your religion was born and to Mrs. Mary Baker Eddy as its founder.
If you belong to one of the religious organizations known as 'Church of the Nazarene," "Pentecostal Gospel." "Holiness Church," "Pilgrim Holiness Church," "Jehovah's Witnesses," your religion is one of the hundreds of new sects founded by men within the past century.
If you are Catholic, you know that your religion was founded in the year 33 by Jesus Christ the Son of God, and it is still the same Church.
These are Christian Sects for the most part not Religions.

The Mormon sect is not Christian

The Roman Catholic Sect debatable for sure and clearly did not exist before the 9th century and came to be in the 11th century as she is today at the great schism where a Roman Bishop separated from the Eastern Bishops on what can only be called a power grab.

Sects are not Religions Star nor are demonstrations I thought you were smarter than that but even I get it wrong once and will.

You really should study a whole lot more and at least know the English language if you want to be taken seriously
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#531917 Apr 25, 2014
StarC wrote:
How Old Is Your Church?
.....Jews probably laugh at you and say they have thousands of years background history more than catholics.(lol)

....Year 33?? Is that what it is now?

.....I have heard catholics claim year 27,28,29,30,35 etc. When you don't know the actual birthday of someone, their year of birth, what they looked like, what they did for a living to support themselves, the date they died, you don't really know squat about the person you claim to know...(lol)

Busted!
Anthony MN

Andover, MN

#531918 Apr 25, 2014
StarC wrote:
For Catholics and anyone else interested.
<><
Canonization News and schedule
http://www.ewtn.com/canonization/2popes/index...
I'll be glued to the tv. Thanks Star.

My mother in law brought back a rosary from Rome for me which had been blessed by Pope John Paul II. Pretty special.
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#531919 Apr 25, 2014
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
It is NOT OUR truth!!.......
(lol)
Gods R Delusions x Mine

Orlando, FL

#531920 Apr 25, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
.........Sounds like a Fair God. A God for everyone.
.....check out the posters on this forum who try to beat their truth into others. Anthony, Clay pool, Hojo, ReginaM., Dust Storm, come to mind....
No all loving God would ever do such a thing.
Yes. A step toward the TRUTH.

The above named will follow and you will be revered.

http://www.venganza.org/2009/08/fsm-prayer/co...

Ramen
Anthony MN

Andover, MN

#531921 Apr 25, 2014
concerned in Brasil wrote:
<quoted text>
Well you do lie because you have never asked me for early christian who is co-religionist
But since you ask the Apostle Paul as he taught all men have sinned ALL except Jesus I believe as he does that Mary was a sinner and we both disagree with your false sects assertions that Mary was sinless.
Again I point out the list of 40000 you post includes Protestant Orthodox and Roman Catholic sects, I.E. the Jesuits are listed separate and are one of the 40000 the list is compiled by non Christians and none roman Catholics alike and for you to claim that all 40000 must agree means the Great Schism must be solved and that did not involve and Reformation christian sects.
Clearly you are uneducated and ill informed.
Latest Buzz
truth matters and the only one spouted unsubstantiated opinion here is YOU and your fellow sect members.
Buzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
St. Paul? Lol. Not what I asked for. You protestants don't even agree with each other about what he taught.

Remember our little conversation a few months back where I caught you omitting the statement from one of the fathers regarding the reality of the Eucharist? Shame on you for that. That was when I asked you over and over to give me the name of a Church father who was an evangelical fundamentalist like you with the same beliefs. You vanished.....
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#531922 Apr 25, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
And I'm wondering what kind of militant atheist/agnostic coward feels the need to alter a Catholic Christian's post, lie about what a Catholic Christian says, and spend all his time obsessing over Catholics and their Church, while completely ignoring protestant Christians.
My guess it's the kind that's hiding something, that has an agenda, that isn't quite as happy with his personal as he wants people to believe, that has serious doubts and concerns about his mortality.
Yup, pretty sure I nailed it.
....Alter a catholics post?

.... Are you denying that what I posted is not what you posted? Are you telling the audience that your negative words describing Preston were not said by you in your post to him?

...You can call it Karma, you can call it fate, it will always come back and haunt you.

...Remember when you tell posters you have to strive to be a better person because of your anger and negative comments you make to posters and tell them you are sorry? How many times have you done that? 10, 25, 89?

......hiding something he says!(lol).....

Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#531923 Apr 25, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
More like you? Obsessed with child abuse, other people's dirty laundry, changing people's posts and lying about what they said?
What kind of happy person does these kinds of thing ? None that I know of. What're you hiding Mike?
....other peoples dirty laundry???(lol)!

.....I wish I had a secret. I wish I could hide something. I guess I am just too honest.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#531924 Apr 25, 2014
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Protestant ( bible only) Spirituality is as contradicting and conflicting as it can get.,.......We as Catholics neither, follow, believe, nor worship or adhere to ANY one of over 42,000 inconsistent hodge-podge of confusing and self-opinionated beliefs or denominations.-------All that ANYONE has to do, is to read the " back and forth" comments that are made from one "bible only" (self interpretating experts??????" to another as Confrinting,Atemcowboy, Oldjg, Oxbow, Marge,Truth, Ltm, Patriot, Waassupp, and God R Delusion argue, complain, attack each other, dispute, bitch, fight,bicker, name call and belittle each other's beliefs with the Protestant game of "bible verse (Family Feud)" This only confirms (for me)!as a former Bible only Protestant that there has, is and will ONLY (ever) be one Truth and one TRUE interpretation of Sacred Scripture and it is in the TRUE Gospel of Jesus Christ---in and through His One True Apostolic Catholic Church----and (none) other !!!!!!!
YOU WROTE

Protestant ( bible only) Spirituality is as contradicting and conflicting as it can get.,...

Until you get born again of the Spirit... it is only natural for have such a conclusion......

You are dead to the word of God....

Rom 8:6 For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.

Rom 8:7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.

Rom 8:8 So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.

Rom 8:9 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.

Rom 8:10 And if Christ be in you, the body is dead because of sin; but the Spirit is life because of righteousness.

Rom 8:11 But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you.
concerned in Brasil

Europe

#531925 Apr 25, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
St. Paul? Lol. Not what I asked for. You protestants don't even agree with each other about what he taught.
Remember our little conversation a few months back where I caught you omitting the statement from one of the fathers regarding the reality of the Eucharist? Shame on you for that. That was when I asked you over and over to give me the name of a Church father who was an evangelical fundamentalist like you with the same beliefs. You vanished.....
NO I am still here no I did not vanish I come and go all the time I have life but when I am offshore you are always good for a laugh.

you never showed I omitted anything Anthony deceit and lies again.

But here is one again for you one that you truly have never answered.

Why is it all early church fathers believed a Christian should never join an army of fight in a war before 300 AD All taught this yet your Pope of your sect created armies and crusades and forced believers to have to fight in these armies or be ex-communicated?

Why did Rome institute torture in the 14th century, via Papal bull, form a new sect of Priest to enforce it when All ALLLLLL early church father taught torture was repugnant and even more so to convert a man to Jesus WHY and remember 42 popes after continued the practice of torturing non believers and reformers alike, those who disagreed with them.

In fact why does your pope of today disagree with 42 popes and a Papal bull from the chair of Peter if the teachings of Rome have never changed and remember this is not a minor item we are talking about its how to bring about conversion.

Why is Romes teachings on service in the military and fighting in armies in complete disagreement to all early church fathers?

ON this and this alone the claims of the Roman Catholic sect being the one true church are proven FALSE.

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#531926 Apr 25, 2014
Gods R Delusions x Mine wrote:
<quoted text>
As an animal, you only seem to care about other animals.
What about the suffering of carrots?
Ramen
Even if carrots did suffer, I intend to eat them, just as I do animals. I was "created" by a deviant god know as Ramen, to be an animal that eats other living things.

What can I do but enjoy what is put before me???

It's all Ramen's fault!

:)

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#531927 Apr 25, 2014
known as Ramen

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 1 min bacon hater 97,988
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 12 min AntiqueAnnie 609,845
What do u think of Jesus Christ?(God) (Oct '06) 17 min set free in truth 69,891
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 24 min RADEKT 270,124
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 32 min Hukt on Fonix 817,600
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 55 min His Hollines dr S... 39,956
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 1 hr transdem0n 176,208
More from around the web