Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 650565 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#532242 Apr 26, 2014
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
June
Sorry June, I did not know you understood such things. The main problem with his theory, just off the top of my head is that dark energy/matter has already been shown to exist by gravitational lensing in distant galaxies....Nice try though....
Some people can't accept dark energy/matter, kind of like telling people the earth is round....
I suggest that as does the pope, you only believe the "science" that includes a Catholicized god.

Nutcase!!!

Prince George, Canada

#532243 Apr 26, 2014
Truth wrote:
No church which was founded by men or bears the name of a man (as well as humanly devised names) can have been the church founded by Christ.
And you are arrogant enough to believe that you and Jesus agree on that issue.

I suggest had Jesus lived he would have been preaching the "good news" of Judaism in a Jewish temple.

You people preach poopology

Prince George, Canada

#532244 Apr 26, 2014
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
June
I am pretty well read on the Gita, and Krsna, Mahabarata, Vedic writings, etc.
And do you agree that Krishna will be coming to save THEM???

Prince George, Canada

#532245 Apr 26, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Go hiss under your favorite rock...snake
Hahahahahaha

Softly and tenderly, Jesus is calling.

:)

Prince George, Canada

#532246 Apr 26, 2014
concerned in Brasil wrote:
<quoted text>
I am concerned about you posting unverifiable stories.
That's a good joke!

Have you seen Krishna flying around lately, talking to the Hindus???

Prince George, Canada

#532247 Apr 26, 2014
yon wrote:
Matt 15
7 You hypocrites! Yesha‘yahu was right when he prophesied about you,
NO KIDDING???

Prince George, Canada

#532248 Apr 26, 2014
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
You and the other Bible Idolators can beat each other over the head with Scripture verses until one of you agrees on what Sunday means.
EARLY CHRISTIANS - 2nd Century

"The primitive Christians did keep the Sabbath of the Jews;...therefore the Christians, for a long time together, did keep their conventions upon the Sabbath, in which some portions of the law were read: and this continued till the time of the Laodicean council." "The Whole Works" of Jeremy Taylor, Vol. IX,p. 416 (R. Heber's Edition, Vol XII, p. 416).

http://www.remnantofgod.org/sabhist.htm#2

March 7 321AD pagan (sun worshiper) emperor Constantine decreed the official sun god Sol Invictus. Sun worship, SUNDAY. WORSHIP

Prince George, Canada

#532249 Apr 26, 2014
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
I was raised bible only Lutheran and I'm not preaching Protestantism
You are preaching Catholicism, or at least you think you are. I suggest that some Catholics would disagree on that issue.

Prince George, Canada

#532250 Apr 26, 2014
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
How about you apologize for the genocide of Irish Catholics at the hands of sola scripturist, Bible believing Protestants? They weren't killed because of politics, they were killed BECAUSE they were Catholic and the "Pope was the anti-Christ", or so you paranoid
fanatics thought...
Irish Holocaust
www.noraid.com/Holocaust.htm
Catholics and Protestants have never completely stopped killing each other.

It's their way of living the life of Christ.

Idiots!!!

United States

#532251 Apr 26, 2014
guest wrote:
.... 1. So, Liam, what games should the rest of the world use to fight against the Catholic church? Should they go by what the Catholic church has historically done?
I'm sure you will say no to that question.
So, IF you say no to that question, what does that leave you?
.... 2. Liam, we KNOW the Catholic Church was not started after reading Bible Verses. It is more than obvious that there is no possible way it could have been.
Liam: FYI .... The BIBLE gives us the writing of those who heard the Words of God verbally. And the BIBLE indicts the Catholic Church - and everything the popes have said.
IF you think that the "word of God" is "protected" by following after the VERBAL instructions of the Papal Bulls ordering the torture and murder of heretics ... then you are not following the God of the Bible.
-
We think it has to be written:
yes.
Jesus himself, said, "It is written."
-
-
Liam wrote:
You and the other Bible Idolators can beat each other over the head with Scripture verses until one of you agrees on what Sunday means.
In the meantime, you should apologize on behalf of "Bible believing Evangelical Protestants" for massacring Native Americans and selling blacks into slavery.
I know you won't apologize for what you did to the Catholics (millions of Irish were starved by Protestants BECAUSE they were Catholic; millions were persecuted in this country for being Catholic, beaten; burned at the stakes, sold into slavery; homes torched and families split)..
Why did Bible believing Christians slaughter Catholics in America? Because you all are a bunch of paranoid Bible worshipers. You thunk the Pope was the anti-Christ. You didn't know what the Bible was or where it came from, or how to read it.
This fanaticism has carried on with you and CIB. Clueless!
Historian Arthur Schlesinger (a Jew) has called Anti-Catholicism "the deepest held bias in the history of the American people".
www.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anti-Catholicism
/
-
-
I am multi-racial with Native American AND Sub-Saharan African roots.
I have the DNA test to prove it. Seems there always has been tolerance in my lineage.
-
Liam: "Why did Bible believing Christians slaughter Catholics in America?"
NOT because we believe the Bible ... but most likely, in self defense, as the Catholic church was - and always HAS BEEN - well known for murdering and torturing others.
IOW: the CATHOLICS STARTED THE WAR .......

Prince George, Canada

#532252 Apr 26, 2014
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
-
The BIBLE is the Word of God.
It's the WORDS of men ... idiot!!!

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#532253 Apr 26, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Catholic "school" ... where they teach you that they know the one and only truth in the universe???
Naughty naughty Robert.
The polytheist Jews believed they knew truth of the universe long before the Catholics stole the spotlight and forced others at gun-point to become Catholic.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>
Myths and Myth-Makers – Old Tales And Superstitions By Comparative Mythology … John Fiske
According to the ancient Jew, the sky was a solid plate, hammered out by the gods, and spread over the earth in order to keep up the ocean overhead: but the plate was full of little windows, which were opened whenever it became necessary to let the rain come through.
June

Just how ancient, does one have to become, in order believe such myths?

Does that mean they believed in a Steady State for the Universe?

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#532254 Apr 26, 2014
Chess wrote:
<quoted text>
Replied the fool repeatedly.
Go hiss under your favorite rock...snake

Location hidden

#532255 Apr 26, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I suggest that as does the pope, you only believe the "science" that includes a Catholicized god.
Nutcase!!!
June

To me science is merely an investigative tool to explore the Universe.

Whatever type of science you believe, may be just popularized propaganda from tv shows, I don't know?

But one can enjoy that sort of entertainment as well as good mystery, or sci-fi show I guess...

Prince George, Canada

#532256 Apr 26, 2014
From polytheism to monotheism.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>

The oldest books of the Hebrew Bible, written in the 8th century BCE reflect this competition, as in the books of Hosea and Nahum, whose authors lament the "apostasy" of the people of Israel, threatening them with the wrath of God if they do not give up their polytheistic cults.

The monotheist faction seems to have gained considerable influence during the 8th century BCE, and by the 7th century BCE, based on the testimony of the Deuteronomistic source, monotheistic worship of Yahweh seems to have become official, reflected in the removal of the image of Asherah from the temple in Jerusalem under Hezekiah (r. 715–686 BCE) so that monotheistic worship of the god of Israel can be argued to have originated during his rule.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Origins_of_Judai ...

Prince George, Canada

#532257 Apr 26, 2014
This came about before the Catholics decided that the one-god in the universe would do the RIGHTEOUS thing by favoring Catholics rather than Jews.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>

The contact of Israelite and Greek cultures resulted in the development of strict monotheism which recast the national god of Israel in the role of the creator of the universe, corresponding to The One or The All of Hellenistic religion.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Origins_of_Judai ...
concerned in Brasil

Europe

#532258 Apr 26, 2014
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, anyone who says Sola Scripture is the way, cancels themselves out of contention by default. Bible alone is an impossibility given how the Bible came to fruition. You comprehend?
You have two options: the Catholic Church or the Eastern Orthodox. You pick.
I will stick with God's way not the made up traditions of men mascarading as something Holy and infallible.

Please define Sola Scriptoria as you believe, as it appears you don't know what the real meaning of Sola Scriptoria is. It is as biblical as the Trinity.

Also please explain how 42+ Popes could declare institute and maintain a Holy Infallible Papal Bull that instructed priests to torture, murder, confiscate wealth from non-believers and over some 500 years put to death 40+ million souls in the name of the true God of the Universe and their Sect the Roman Catholic church be the one true church.

I mean think about it 42 popes all believed torture of non believers was acceptable in the eyes of God to bring them into the one true church. How could any of them be filled with the Holy Spirit and maintain a practice that violates the teachings of Jesus and his Apostles at ever point.

United States

#532259 Apr 26, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
It's the WORDS of men ... idiot!!!
-

how very nice of you to call me idiot.

Location hidden

#532260 Apr 26, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
And do you agree that Krishna will be coming to save THEM???
June

I am not at odds with Hindus, their practices, and beliefs.(Although there are exceptions for the sociopaths involved in any religion.)

You are asking me, if a rose smells. To some, I suppose they do not like roses, and their fragrance.

The faith of the Hindus is like a rose, as it is for all believers.

I think they have been cultivating their religion for a long time. And they like it.

It becomes unjust of me, to deny them of what they have.

Prince George, Canada

#532261 Apr 26, 2014
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
June
Just how ancient, does one have to become, in order believe such myths?
Does that mean they believed in a Steady State for the Universe?
The start of religion was the start of believing in mythology.

They believed whatever fit with comfort for their imaginations.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>

Religious mythology and folklore

Ritual myths explain the performance of certain religious practices or patterns and associated with temples or centers of worship.

Origin myths (aetiologies) describe the beginnings of a custom, name, or object.

Creation myths, which describes how the world or universe came into being.

Cult myths are often seen as explanations for elaborate festivals that magnify the power of the deity.

Prestige myths are usually associated with a divinely chosen king, hero, city, or people.

Eschatological myths are all stories which describe catastrophic ends to the present world order of the writers. These extend beyond any potential historical scope, and thus can only be described in mythic terms. Apocalyptic literature such as the New Testament Book of Revelation is an example of a set of eschatological myths.

Social myths reinforce or defend current social values or practices.

The Trickster myth concerns itself with the pranks or tricks played by gods or heroes. Heroes do not have to be in a story to be considered a myth.

http://www.newworldencyclopedia.org/entry/Myt ...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 32 min Aura Mytha 56,165
Israel End is Near (Feb '15) 45 min Steve III 446
Will Atheism defeat religion by year 2038? (Feb '15) 59 min Thinking 73
Need someone to talk here, are you in for sexua... 1 hr sanchezjason48 1
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 2 hr Steve III 44,972
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 2 hr bad bob 182,967
avandia 2014 (Jan '14) 2 hr Mike 383
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 4 hr Hangman 971,867
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 13 hr ChristineM 445,930
Moms having sex with their sons (Aug '12) 23 hr kobechi3 71
More from around the web