Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 599644 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#531869 Apr 25, 2014
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
A Pope finds no foundation in the Scriptures..NEITHER DOES A ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH....
Martin Luther used the same bible as did the popes, and without the Catholic bible there would BE no Protestant religion.

You might study that KJV and you might be certain that you are wise and holy for studying it because they suggested you would be wise and holy if you studied it ... but I suggest you are dumb as a bag of hammers.

Prince George, Canada

#531870 Apr 25, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Go hiss under your favorite rock...snake
Hahahahahahaha

Softly and tenderly Jesus is calling.

:)

“TRAIL OF TEARS”

Since: Dec 13

CHEROKEE NATION, USA

#531871 Apr 25, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I can see why you refer to your religious passion as non-denominational.
But from my way of perceiving, you are still a Christian that believes Muslims should be kept out of your image of heaven ... and that smacks of Catholicism and Protestantism ... no matter how you try to distance your self from the dogmas.
I just answered your post June. I've got to go for now, have a good day, Sweetheart??

Thanks for saying Hi.

Prince George, Canada

#531872 Apr 25, 2014
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>the most important thing is that I am included.
You ARE included.

And if I believed in bliss in an afterlife, all forms of life including all humans, would be welcome.

I wouldn't settle for less.

Mind you, I'm not too fond of mosquito's or other animals that want to eat on me, but I presume in an afterlife all will be love, so we, as animals, won't have a need to bite, claw, inject with venom and kill in order to survive.

tongue in cheek

Prince George, Canada

#531873 Apr 25, 2014
--SPOONER-- wrote:
<quoted text>
I just answered your post June. I've got to go for now, have a good day, Thanks for saying Hi.
You are welcome.

Prince George, Canada

#531874 Apr 25, 2014
Looks like a good lesson to learn. I would bet this also applies to cell phones, tablets, digital cameras, and other devices that use lithium batteries.
You think this may be a reason why the Postal Service will not ship electronic devices that contain lithium batteries any longer?

GPS was placed in its bracket in the windshield and left in the sun. The battery overheated and exploded!

Since: Feb 14

Location hidden

#531875 Apr 25, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
If I think your so-called "questions" are silly and repetitive, I ignore you.
It's the only thing that works with you.
I answered your question about what is the difference between religion and spirituality from my perspective, and you keep repeating the question ... so I ignore you.
Gosh sorry..

Since: Feb 14

Location hidden

#531876 Apr 25, 2014
--SPOONER-- wrote:
<quoted text>
Good morning pusherman.
Good Afternoon Spooner and thank you.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#531877 Apr 25, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Why would St. James tell us to confess our sins to one another? The context of James 5 is to the priests. Who was he talking to? Was he telling the other apostles or everyone?
Did Jesus give the apostles the authority to forgive sins? Yes or no.
Did St. James tell us to confess our sins to one another? Yes or no.
Did St. James NOT realize that the "one another" refers to men who were sinners? Yes or no.
What would be the purpose of Jesus giving authority to forgive sins to men who sin and St. James telling us to confess our sins to one another if it were not for the purpose of being absolved of those sins?
If Jesus DID give the authority to forgive sins to the apostles, and they are MEN who were SINNERS, and St. James says to confess our sins to one another, why do you refuse to do so and insist you only confess your sins to God?
Horse apples!!!!

Jas 5:16 Confess your faults one to another, and pray one for another, that ye may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much.

There are dozens of parallel verses...none of which mentions "sin" nor "sins".....

Who blots out your transgressions and remembers your sins no more????

Per Scripture: Isaiah 43:25
"I, even I, am he who blots out your transgressions, for my own sake, and remembers your sins no more.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#531880 Apr 25, 2014
James 5:14-16

14 Is anyone among you sick? Let them call the elders of the church to pray over them and anoint them with oil in the name of the Lord.

15 And the prayer offered in faith will make the sick person well; the Lord will raise them up.~~~If they have sinned, they will be forgiven.~~~

16 Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous person is powerful and effective.

1 Peter 4:5

5 But they will have to give account to HIM who is ready to judge the living and the dead.

***They WILL have to give account to HIM who is ready.......

It doesn't say give an account to an Apostle, Pope, Priest, Elder,or Preacher!!!

Prince George, Canada

#531881 Apr 25, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
"I, even I, am he who blots out your transgressions, for my own sake, and remembers your sins no more.
It's too bad that the god wouldn't take such an attitude for HIS own sake, and in turn, do away with hell. HIS forgiveness is sadly lacking.

Bunkology
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#531882 Apr 25, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not wrong because all the Christians who learned from the apostles agree with my interpretation. Why don't you man up and give me the names and writings of the early Christians who agreed with yours?
".it has nothing to do with any apostle forgiving their sins. why are you so stupid or are you in a stuporidity state?"
More unmitigated gall coming from the self-anointed reincarnation of St. Paul. First it's Ananias had no idea what he was doing or saying, then the Blessed Virgin is a terrible mother and nothing but an incubator for Jesus, then the bible is God (and of course you carry God in yours hand and wield God with your preaching), now Jesus DID'NT give the authority to the apostles to forgive sins...and WHY? BECAUSE YOU SAY SO!!!!
Preston, I really, really think you need psychological help from someone in the mental health field.
Anthony,

Are we not supposed to settle matters with you brother/sister (Christian) before trying to worship God???

Matthew 5:23-24

23 “Therefore, if you are offering your gift at the altar and there remember that your brother or sister has something against you,

24 leave your gift there in front of the altar.~~~~~First go and be reconciled to them; then come and offer your gift.~~~~~

Instruction.....

First go and be RECONCILED to them; THEN come and offer your gift.

Prince George, Canada

#531883 Apr 25, 2014
Truth wrote:
James 5:14-16
14 Is anyone among you sick? Let them call the elders of the church to pray over them and anoint them with oil in the name of the Lord.
15 And the prayer offered in faith will make the sick person well; the Lord will raise them up.~~~If they have sinned, they will be forgiven.~~~
16 Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous person is powerful and effective.
1 Peter 4:5
5 But they will have to give account to HIM who is ready to judge the living and the dead.
***They WILL have to give account to HIM who is ready.......
It doesn't say give an account to an Apostle, Pope, Priest, Elder,or Preacher!!!
Why would you WANT to pray to a god that you believe will reject most souls of all humans to eternal hell???

If there something wrong with your sense of mercy and justice?

I suggest that the god for creating Adam and Eve "knowing they were going to be sinners," should pay the penalty for his own SIN. After all ... for creating them ... HE was the first sinner.

Silly nonsense.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#531884 Apr 25, 2014
Anthony,

What would Preston's obligation/responsibility towards me be when I confess my sin/sins that I have COMMITTED against him???

Ephesians 4:31-32

31 Get rid of all bitterness, rage and anger, brawling and slander, along with every form of malice.

32 ~~~~~Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as *in Christ* God forgave you.~~~~~

FORGIVING each other, just as IN CHRIST God forgave you......

This is why it is so IMPORTANT to be IN CHRIST.....there is where your FORGIVENESS is.....
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#531885 Apr 25, 2014
Colossians 3:12-13

12 Therefore, as God’s chosen people,(Christians) holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience.

13 Bear with each other and <<<forgive one another>>> if any of you has a grievance against someone. FORGIVE as the Lord forgave you.
Chess

Columbus, OH

#531886 Apr 25, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Go hiss under your favorite rock...snake
More Christian anger.

Jesus will do that to you, ya know.
Chess

Columbus, OH

#531887 Apr 25, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Hahahahahahaha
Softly and tenderly Jesus is calling.
:)
He's calling sinners, if I recall correctly.

Thieves are sinners, eh?
hojo

Chanhassen, MN

#531888 Apr 25, 2014
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
We did not invent the popes...THE ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH DID...... I guess it is better to be MADE OF paper than JUST a figment of someones OVERACTIVE imagination....
A Pope finds no foundation in the Scriptures..NEITHER DOES A ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH....
JUST A WISP IN THE HOT AIR OF ROME...
The fact is Confrinting that you have proven yourself to be a "hurricane" of Bible only "hot air" that blows "nothing" but -----smoke-------smoke-----and more Protestant polluted smoke!!!!
Until you personally come to the TRUTH of a True Salvation in Jesus Christ HIMSELF in and through His One True Apostolic Catholic Church, the lies, heresies and hypocracies of yours will only continue,'
Liam

United States

#531890 Apr 25, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Couple of Wednesday night bible studies and they're all paper popes...
Some take it up a notch and equate themselves with the 12 apostles.
TRUE CHURCH and BIBLE

League City, TX

#531891 Apr 25, 2014
TRUE CHURCH and BIBLE

TRUE CHURCH

Catholic Church History Facts

When did the Church established by Jesus Christ get the name Catholic?

Christ left the adoption of a name for His Church to those whom he commissioned to teach all nations. Christ called the spiritual society He established, "My Church" (Mt. xvi, 18), "the Church" (Mt. xviii, 17).

In order to have a distinction between the Church and the Synagogue and to have a distinguishing name from those embracing Judaic and Gnostic errors we find St. Ignatius (50-107 AD) using the Greek word "Katholicos" (universal) to describe the universality of the Church established by Christ. St. Ignatius was appointed Bishop of Antioch by St. Peter, the Bishop of Rome. It is in his writings that we find the word Catholic used for the first time. St. Augustine, when speaking about the Church of Christ, calls it the Catholic Church 240 times in his writings.

St. Ignatius of Antioch, disciple of the Apostle John, concerning the heretics of his day wrote: "They have abstained from the Eucharist and prayer, because they do not confess that the Eucharist is the flesh of Our Savior Jesus Christ."

http://www.marianland.com/truech01.html

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 10 min PELE78 864,653
The Christian Atheist debate 59 min Rosa_Winkel 2,002
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 1 hr RiccardoFire 6,463
gay bottom in gurgaon (May '14) 1 hr Raje 449
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 1 hr GREAT DAY OF ARMA... 40,874
News Vermont towns vote to arrest Bush and Cheney (Mar '08) 1 hr Alex - Infowars d... 1,165
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 1 hr WasteWater 6,301
More from around the web