Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 699445 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

guest

United States

#532201 Apr 26, 2014
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
Regardless, Prestons a minister, and I wanted to hear a different perspective. I already know what I believe. I wasnt looking to get educated on the Bible. I know where to go for that.
-
-
Liam: "I wasnt looking to get educated on the Bible."
-

We have known this for some time, Liam, and it's very sad.

http://biblehub.com/concordance/t/two-edged.h...

Hebrews 4:12
For the word of God is living, and active, and sharper than any two-edged sword, and piercing even to the dividing of soul and spirit, of both joints and marrow, and is able to discern the thoughts and intentions of the heart.
Liam

Saint Paul, MN

#532202 Apr 26, 2014
concerned in Brasil wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you and Idiot apparently so.
Are you really concerned in Brazil? I am.

"A 32 yr old Catholic woman was beaten to death after she refused to enter an Evangelical church in Northeastern Brazil. She was passing by the Church of the Kingdom of God when two pastors ordered their followers to bring her inside to attend the ceremony . When she refused, the group held her ten yr old daughter while the pastor dragged her inside by the hair and beat her "in order to exorcise the devil from her".
J.D Bell, "nuts in the news" The American Rationalist Nov/Dec 1994

How about Philly....

"In 1844 Philadelphia, the city of "brotherly love", Protestants besieged Catholic neighborhoods with canon fire and pistols, and also set houses aflame because Catholics had protested the use of the Protestant KJV in public schools (it's missing 7 Books of the Bible). Martial law was declared, it took 2,000 federal troops to quell the rioting; 18 people were killed and scores more were injured"
Michael Feldberg, The Philadelphia Riots of 1844, a study of Ethnic conflicts
Liam

Saint Paul, MN

#532203 Apr 26, 2014
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
-
-
Liam: "Its ironic how fundamentals are completely relying on the copyist of the Roman Catholic Church. You have to acknowledge that the Holy Spirit HAD to be guiding the them as they copied it in the 4th century."
..... FOR ONCE YOU SAY SOMETHING THAT MAKES SENSE!
"the Holy Spirit HAD to be guiding them"
This is absolutely TRUE.
MEANING: The Holy Spirit was in charge and NOT the Catholic Church!
-
Liam: "What a pickle!"
..... What a pickle indeed, Liam! The INTEGRITY of the Holy Scriptures - which INDICTS the Catholic Church - WAS PROTECTED FROM being ALTERED by the Catholic Church.
MEANING: The Word of God INDICTS the Catholic Church.
-
Liam: "Of course, the only thing you all can do is ignore that problem."
..... What? We've been telling you this for quite some time, Liam! The Holy Spirit protected the Word of God from ...even the long arms of the Catholic Church.
MEANING: Holy Spirit is more powerful than the Papacy!
Go Figure!
Boy, you are posting a lot to me today. How come? I don't mean to do this to ya, but here it goes:

You said, "The Holy Spirit protected the word of God form.....even the long arms of the Catholic Church"

Ok Guest, who has the "word of God", you or CIB? You are against Sunday worship. It's a pagan sun worship thingy. Right? CIB (i think) also has the word of God, and he says Sunday is the day God wills.
so which one of you two fanatics are guilty of undoing the word of God?
I'll wait patiently for your response.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#532204 Apr 26, 2014
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
-
-
Liam: "I wasnt looking to get educated on the Bible."
-
We have known this for some time, Liam, and it's very sad.
http://biblehub.com/concordance/t/two-edged.h...
Hebrews 4:12
For the word of God is living, and active, and sharper than any two-edged sword, and piercing even to the dividing of soul and spirit, of both joints and marrow, and is able to discern the thoughts and intentions of the heart.
So the Holy Spirit was guiding the bishops when they decided the biblical canon but He was taking a break when they were deciding Catholic doctrine?

Why would Catholic bishops who taught one set of doctrines choose books for the bible that you think contradict what they taught?
Liam

Saint Paul, MN

#532205 Apr 26, 2014
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
-
-
Liam: "I wasnt looking to get educated on the Bible."
-
We have known this for some time, Liam, and it's very sad.
http://biblehub.com/concordance/t/two-edged.h...
Hebrews 4:12
For the word of God is living, and active, and sharper than any two-edged sword, and piercing even to the dividing of soul and spirit, of both joints and marrow, and is able to discern the thoughts and intentions of the heart.
Does Hebrews 4:12 say the word of God is only what is written down?

2Cor 3:3-6
"and you show that you are a letter from Christ delivered by us, written not with ink, but with the Spirit of the living God, not on tablets of stone but on tablets of human hearts'
"Such is the confidence that we have through Christ toward God. Not that we are sufficient of ourselves to claim anything as coming from us; our sufficiency is from God, who has qualified us to be ministers of a New Covenant, not in a written code, but in the Spirit; for the written code kills, but the Spirit gives life"

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#532206 Apr 26, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Model describes universe with no big bang, no beginning, and no end
As Shu writes in his paper, the newly proposed models have four distinguishing features:
• The speed of light and the gravitational “constant” are not constant, but vary with the evolution of the universe.
• Time has no beginning and no end; i.e., there is neither a big bang nor a big crunch singularity.
• The spatial section of the universe is a 3-sphere [a higher-dimensional analogue of a sphere], ruling out the possibility of a flat or hyperboloid geometry.
• The universe experiences phases of both acceleration and deceleration.
Read more at: http://phys.org/news199591806.html#jCp
June

Sorry June, I did not know you understood such things. The main problem with his theory, just off the top of my head is that dark energy/matter has already been shown to exist by gravitational lensing in distant galaxies....Nice try though....

Some people can't accept dark energy/matter, kind of like telling people the earth is round....
concerned in Brasil

Europe

#532207 Apr 26, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
I love people like you from the Lunatic Fringe who make the "40, 60, 100 million murdered!!!!" statements, never back it up with anything other than another internet fringe lunatic's essay and then tell me I'm not facing the truth.
Here's a tip Einstein..NOT EVERYTHING YOUR READ ON THE INTERNET IS TRUE!
I think if losers like you stopped into a public library once in awhile and actually read a hardcover book or even ordered one online we'd have about 100 million less low information voters in this country.
Yes more name calling.

I have posted from online University data bases, from e-books and given over and over again footnote articles that are easily verifiable, but that is of no consequence to you. You simply dismiss it with name calling it whacko fringe etc.

Even when I quote the words of Jesus these words are Spiritual you simply dismiss the words of Jesus the Christ and give no rational argument why anyone else should other than regurgitating RC brain washing talking points, propaganda we are the one we have always been no need to question no need to verify we are because we say so.

That is here nor there to me as those who truly are seeking truth here will and are checking my sources and as I have verified them and read and vetted my posts I know they well see the RCC sects claims to be the one true yadda is utter fantasy.

Again Thank you, as you are my best evidence, you help me every time you continue in your childish ways.
guest

United States

#532208 Apr 26, 2014
Chuck wrote:
Why do you continue to ignore my question???
23 If you forgive the sins of any, they are forgiven them; if you withhold forgiveness from any, it is withheld.”
*all I'm asking is where do you see Jesus say confession? Been two days now and I'm beginning to think you don't see it either.
-
-
Liam wrote:
1. Using your games: If you dont see the word "alone" in in 2tim 3:16, then why do you go by Scripture alone?
2. My answer to your question us simple: the CC wasnt srarted after reading Bible verses. Just because your faith community was started like that, doesn't mean ours was. I gave you the writings of those who heard the word of God verbally. It aint my fault you dont have faith that the word of God could be protected like that; you think it had to be written so folks like you can hold Bible study to figure it all out. Your an irrational fanatic.
-
-
.... 1. So, Liam, what games should the rest of the world use to fight against the Catholic church? Should they go by what the Catholic church has historically done?
I'm sure you will say no to that question.
So, IF you say no to that question, what does that leave you?
.... 2. Liam, we KNOW the Catholic Church was not started after reading Bible Verses. It is more than obvious that there is no possible way it could have been.
Liam: FYI .... The BIBLE gives us the writing of those who heard the Words of God verbally. And the BIBLE indicts the Catholic Church - and everything the popes have said.
IF you think that the "word of God" is "protected" by following after the VERBAL instructions of the Papal Bulls ordering the torture and murder of heretics ... then you are not following the God of the Bible.
-
We think it has to be written:
yes.
Jesus himself, said, "It is written."
-
Gods R Delusions x Mine

Orlando, FL

#532209 Apr 26, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
The pope is not infallible when commenting on economic issues. He'd be the first to admit it. Being a brilliant economist is not a prerequisite to being a true Catholic or true Catholic pope.
Quite a few conservative non-Catholic commentators have expressed their views that Francis's statements relate to his perspective as the Bishop of Buenos Aires and the severe destitution of the poor there with whom he's worked his whole life. The fact that overly sensitive Americans took his statement as an indictment of American style capitalism shows we're far more insular than we think.
Oh, the word games that must be played.

Not infallible on economics, yet God's appointed stand-in on earth.

Twist it any way you need to fit your delusion, but I sense you are not comfortable with the constant words of your "God's vicar."

Anyone else would not be a "true Catholic."

"In the document, Francis says that “the powerful feed on the powerless” in a free market economy, and that those who engage in the market become “incapable of feeling compassion at the outcry of the poor.” He says the “culture of prosperity deadens us.”

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2014/01/23/pop...

"He goes on to say that trust in the free market “has never been confirmed by the facts,” and that those who do trust in it express “a crude and naïve trust in the goodness of those wielding economic power,” which is ironic considering his crude and naïve trust in the goodness of politicians to redistribute wealth."

Your God has appointed a deluded Pope --- again.

Or maybe the Primacy Effect deadens your mind.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#532210 Apr 26, 2014
No church which was founded by men or bears the name of a man (as well as humanly devised names) can have been the church founded by Christ.

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#532211 Apr 26, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Would you "appreciate" knowing what the Hindus teach about salvation through Krishna, or what the Jews teach about not needing a son of a god to intermediate for them???
I remember when you stated that you "flirted" with Buddhism.
Naughty naughty philandering Robert. You are every bit as promiscuous as the god of your worship.
tongue in cheek
June

I am pretty well read on the Gita, and Krsna, Mahabarata, Vedic writings, etc....I haven't had time for in depth analysis, but I consider having explored these and other religious writings, to have a basic understanding....

I ask, seek, and knock. Persistence pays.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#532212 Apr 26, 2014
Chess wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm still waiting for *you* to answer it, numb-nuts.
Go hiss under your favorite rock...snake...

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#532213 Apr 26, 2014
Chess wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Replied the fool repeatedly.
Go hiss under your favorite rock...snake
concerned in Brasil

Europe

#532214 Apr 26, 2014
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you really concerned in Brazil? I am.
"A 32 yr old Catholic woman was beaten to death after she refused to enter an Evangelical church in Northeastern Brazil. She was passing by the Church of the Kingdom of God when two pastors ordered their followers to bring her inside to attend the ceremony . When she refused, the group held her ten yr old daughter while the pastor dragged her inside by the hair and beat her "in order to exorcise the devil from her".
J.D Bell, "nuts in the news" The American Rationalist Nov/Dec 1994
How about Philly....
"In 1844 Philadelphia, the city of "brotherly love", Protestants besieged Catholic neighborhoods with canon fire and pistols, and also set houses aflame because Catholics had protested the use of the Protestant KJV in public schools (it's missing 7 Books of the Bible). Martial law was declared, it took 2,000 federal troops to quell the rioting; 18 people were killed and scores more were injured"
Michael Feldberg, The Philadelphia Riots of 1844, a study of Ethnic conflicts
I am concerned about you posting unverifiable stories.

I went to the blog where you apparently got this and there is no footnotes or sources to verify the story.

No city or location is given where this took place on North Eastern Brazil which happens to be twice the size of TEXAS.

So if you know this truly happened please provide city location name of victim and where one can verify the story.

It is a horrible story and if true it would be good to see if the assailants were incarcerated.

But no Pope of the said evangelical Church said infallibly that she should be killed like
42 Popes did via Papal bull for 400+ years via Inquisition and some 40+ million dead and here in lies the
GLARING FACT THAT YOU OMIT WHICH PROVES YOUR SECT IS NOT THE ONE TRUE YADDA YADDA
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#532215 Apr 26, 2014
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
Does Hebrews 4:12 say the word of God is only what is written down?
2Cor 3:3-6
"and you show that you are a letter from Christ delivered by us, written not with ink, but with the Spirit of the living God, not on tablets of stone but on tablets of human hearts'
"Such is the confidence that we have through Christ toward God. Not that we are sufficient of ourselves to claim anything as coming from us; our sufficiency is from God, who has qualified us to be ministers of a New Covenant, not in a written code, but in the Spirit; for the written code kills, but the Spirit gives life"
Clay,

Just how does God's word, a dividing sword, discern the thoughts and intents of the heart???
yon

Miami Beach, FL

#532216 Apr 26, 2014
Matt 15

6 Thus by your tradition you make null and void the word of God!

7 You hypocrites! Yesha‘yahu was right when he prophesied about you,

8 ‘These people honor me with their lips,
but their hearts are far away from me.

9 Their worship of me is useless......’”
Liam

Saint Paul, MN

#532217 Apr 26, 2014
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
-
-
<quoted text>
-
-
.... 1. So, Liam, what games should the rest of the world use to fight against the Catholic church? Should they go by what the Catholic church has historically done?
I'm sure you will say no to that question.
So, IF you say no to that question, what does that leave you?
.... 2. Liam, we KNOW the Catholic Church was not started after reading Bible Verses. It is more than obvious that there is no possible way it could have been.
Liam: FYI .... The BIBLE gives us the writing of those who heard the Words of God verbally. And the BIBLE indicts the Catholic Church - and everything the popes have said.
IF you think that the "word of God" is "protected" by following after the VERBAL instructions of the Papal Bulls ordering the torture and murder of heretics ... then you are not following the God of the Bible.
-
We think it has to be written:
yes.
Jesus himself, said, "It is written."
-
You and the other Bible Idolators can beat each other over the head with Scripture verses until one of you agrees on what Sunday means.

In the meantime, you should apologize on behalf of "Bible believing Evangelical Protestants" for massacring Native Americans and selling blacks into slavery.
I know you won't apologize for what you did to the Catholics (millions of Irish were starved by Protestants BECAUSE they were Catholic; millions were persecuted in this country for being Catholic, beaten; burned at the stakes, sold into slavery; homes torched and families split)..

Why did Bible believing Christians slaughter Catholics in America? Because you all are a bunch of paranoid Bible worshipers. You thunk the Pope was the anti-Christ. You didn't know what the Bible was or where it came from, or how to read it.
This fanaticism has carried on with you and CIB. Clueless!

Historian Arthur Schlesinger (a Jew) has called Anti-Catholicism "the deepest held bias in the history of the American people".
www.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anti-Catholicism

/
hojo

Chaska, MN

#532218 Apr 26, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
If you were raised in Islam, you would be "preaching" at me what the Muslim theologians taught you was truth.
You were and ARE blind-sighted by how you were programmed in your Catholic cult.
Do you believe that the savior Krishna is going to come to earth to save the Hindus???
You won't answer THAT question ... will you ... oh self-perceived HOLY Catholic?
I was raised bible only Lutheran and I'm not preaching Protestantism ---and so these ridiculous and baseless comments (like this) that you make are "full of holes" which only shows that you have "no idea"as to what you are talking about June!!------No surprise to ANYONE on this forum!!!
Chess

Columbus, OH

#532219 Apr 26, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Go hiss under your favorite rock...snake
Replied the fool repeatedly.
Liam

Saint Paul, MN

#532220 Apr 26, 2014
concerned in Brasil wrote:
<quoted text>
I am concerned about you posting unverifiable stories.
I went to the blog where you apparently got this and there is no footnotes or sources to verify the story.
No city or location is given where this took place on North Eastern Brazil which happens to be twice the size of TEXAS.
So if you know this truly happened please provide city location name of victim and where one can verify the story.
It is a horrible story and if true it would be good to see if the assailants were incarcerated.
But no Pope of the said evangelical Church said infallibly that she should be killed like
42 Popes did via Papal bull for 400+ years via Inquisition and some 40+ million dead and here in lies the
GLARING FACT THAT YOU OMIT WHICH PROVES YOUR SECT IS NOT THE ONE TRUE YADDA YADDA
How about you apologize for the genocide of Irish Catholics at the hands of sola scripturist, Bible believing Protestants? They weren't killed because of politics, they were killed BECAUSE they were Catholic and the "Pope was the anti-Christ", or so you paranoid
fanatics thought...

Irish Holocaust
www.noraid.com/Holocaust.htm

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 3 min Quivering Lip Lib... 71,742
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 min waaasssuuup 995,075
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 24 min Dang Jersey Piney 447,424
Rodney King beating and the WTC Jumpers 49 min Doctor REALITY 1
Need good hookup adult dating sites 59 min Adam 3
"O.J. hit me while he (BLEEPED!) me! 1 hr Doctor REALITY 5
I miss her so bad. Should I reach out? 2 hr Doctor REALITY 2
James Comey's conflicted TWO FACES 3 hr Doctor REALITY 125