Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 673321 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Henry

Bischofferode, Germany

#532086 Apr 26, 2014
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
SO SINCE NOTHING EXIST THAT CREATED YOU ....YOU DO NOT EXIST .EITHER..RIGHT?
All we have here to prove you existence is your words here in this forum..nothing more...
the whole creation/UNIVERSE... is proof OF GOD'S EXISTENCE
1Ti_6:20 O Timothy, keep that which is committed to thy trust, avoiding profane and vain babblings, and oppositions of science falsely so called:
The bible is manmade and has many Initiators but not god of course. The bible is full of contractions and many fakes, lies. Of course it has nothing to do with any god at all. I am of a product of my parents. They "created" me. Science is real and is proven unending and get very often rectified.
Gods R Delusions x Mine

Orlando, FL

#532087 Apr 26, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
There is not one mention of a savior coming to earth in original Judaism. The Jews believed they were already the chosen few.
It was the Jews eager to start a NEW branch of religion that took the word Ihcuc and morphed it into the word Jesus. And PRESTO ... Catholicism took center stage.
Apparently the Catholics, Christian-Gnostics, Muslims and Protestants believe that the god lied to the Jews ... OR that the Jews lied when they said that THEY were God's chosen few.
The fact IS they WANT to believe that the Jews were liars, and that all others are liars if they don't agree with SELF, so that they can all bask in the spotlight of center stage and not share it with others.
The attitude in all quarters of those of the Abrahamic religion IS ... "'I' deserve eternal BLISS and you out there deserve to suffer for eternity!"
YUCK!!!
Ancient historians were very forgetful.

There is no mention of a Roman Governor being dictated to by Jewish mob -- which would have been a first.

There is no mention of Herod having all the babies killed, not by one single, contemporary Jewish, Roman, or Greek historian. Only Xian accounts written hundreds of years later.

No graves, no archaeological evidence whatsoever.

On the other hand, no one can prove that these events didn't happen either.

For example, can you prove there is no FSM?

Ramen

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#532088 Apr 26, 2014
<quoted text>
The Apostle Paul wrote about the fables of the Roman Catholic Church,,,
If you had been born I Muslim, I guarantee you would be now busy trying to convert others to Islam by using words in the Qur'an.

You are DRIVEN by your personality to believe that whatever you believe is RIGHT ... PERIOD!!!

Prince George, Canada

#532089 Apr 26, 2014
<quoted text>
~~~
THE WAY OF SALVATION IS
And the Muslim says that the way to salvation is through the study of the words in the Qur'an.

PRAISE ALLAH!

Silly self-indulged students of arrogance.
Gods R Delusions x Mine

Orlando, FL

#532090 Apr 26, 2014
yon wrote:
<quoted text>
Then esplain how Egg Laying Rabbit Day( named for a Fertility Goddess - WITH HAM Dinner - and BINGO) honors The Father and HIS Son who gave us the way to show proper worship in the TORAH that was way before the RCC!(Roman Catholic Combine)
Recycling Bronze Age Gods 101.....

When one steals someone else's god, they are required to demonize the prior owner in order to justify the theft.

The Catholics did it to the Jews.

Now the Protestants are doing it to the Catholics.

Ramen
Gods R Delusions x Mine

Orlando, FL

#532091 Apr 26, 2014
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for your comment--but you my friend can " believe what you want"!!!! Makes no difference to me!!----I/we as Catholic will continue to follow, believe and adhere to the Historical and biblical TRUTH ( each day) of Jesus Christ and over 2000 years of the Fullness of the TRUE faith and the Fullness of the TRUTH in Jesus Christ and His One True Apostolic Catholic Church.
So the Easter Bunny does NOT exist, right?

Prince George, Canada

#532092 Apr 26, 2014
yon wrote:
Pure witchcraft!
I suggest that either all religion is witchcraft, or all religion is not witchcraft.

I suggest you all try to be FAIR ... for a change ... and stop pointing outward at evil and at self as holy.

If you would only say "Maybe we have much to learn" ... and stop bragging that you own truth ... you could create a better world for upcoming generations.
Henry

Bischofferode, Germany

#532093 Apr 26, 2014
<quoted text>
~~~
SO SINCE NOTHING EXIST THAT CREATED YOU ....YOU DO NOT EXIST .EITHER..RIGHT?
All we have here to prove you existence is your words here in this forum..nothing more...
the whole creation/UNIVERSE... is proof OF GOD'S EXISTENCE
1Ti_6:20 O Timothy, keep that which is committed to thy trust, avoiding profane and vain babblings, and oppositions of science falsely so called:
The "existence " of a god was never necessary for me. Science tell you a different Story and no god. All gods during men are just myths or phantoms nothing else. All religions are lies, fakes or even crimes.

Prince George, Canada

#532094 Apr 26, 2014
Henry wrote:
<quoted text>
"For gods sake" is just an old saying, but it doèsn`t mean anything. The same " for heavens sake" does of course not mean the "heaven" which does not exist at all.
When they suggest that they are saved, from their point of view, it is NOT an expression. They believe they can take those words to the bank and cash them as valid "currency."

That is what hypnosis has done TO them.

Prince George, Canada

#532095 Apr 26, 2014
Gods R Delusions x Mine wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe in religious equality.
I believe that my ideas of God and of intelligent design is the only TRUE ones.
However, if the people of the emotionally insecure god wish their idea of intelligent design taught in school, I'm all for it.
Let the children decide.
A world created by a SELF-DESCRIBED angry, jealous, vengeful god, or a world created by the happy FSM.
Unproven theories like evolution and gravity have no place in our educational system.
Ramen
Be careful ... as you might attract some followers that are searching for a free ride.

:)
hojo

Waconia, MN

#532096 Apr 26, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
.....Then stand tall and tell your bishop your concerns....but you won't your just a big talker, not a doer.
Talking is your specialty Mike!!!----"Trash talking" the TRUE faith of other Christians (especially Catholics!!----Let's not forget the "axe-to-grind" attacks you have against Jesus Christ HIMSELF and His One TRUE (Universal-Catholic) Church and your "obsessed revenge" has corrupted your mind, heart and soul!--- Try another hobby like -------"confession" ------before it's to,late!!!!!°

Prince George, Canada

#532097 Apr 26, 2014
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
we as Catholic will continue to follow, believe and adhere to the Historical and biblical TRUTH ( each day) of Jesus Christ and over 2000 years of the Fullness of the TRUE faith and the Fullness of the TRUTH in Jesus Christ and His One True Apostolic Catholic Church.
If your conscience was allowed to breathe on it's own rather than being suffocated by your adamant will, you would hang your head in shame at the vile history of slaughter put forth by your church fathers, not only of the Jews, but of all others that would not adhere to Catholic dogma.
hojo

Waconia, MN

#532098 Apr 26, 2014
<quoted text>
So the Easter Bunny does NOT exist, right?

Unless Easter Bunnies have recently changed their "birthing habits" and are now laying eggs!!!!!

Prince George, Canada

#532099 Apr 26, 2014
<quoted text>
Ancient historians were very forgetful.
There is no mention of a Roman Governor being dictated to by Jewish mob -- which would have been a first.
There is no mention of Herod having all the babies killed, not by one single, contemporary Jewish, Roman, or Greek historian. Only Xian accounts written hundreds of years later.
No graves, no archaeological evidence whatsoever.
On the other hand, no one can prove that these events didn't happen either.
For example, can you prove there is no FSM?
Ramen
And there was not one word brought forth that the Catholics can claim was written BY the supposed savior ... Jesus. They wrote ABOUT the mythical Jesus and what he supposedly said and did.

Any bozo with a pen can write words and many DID write and write and write and write.

They were and are the lying theologians, who never could get their stories to coincide on (so to state)... a wing or a prayer.
yon

Miami Beach, FL

#532100 Apr 26, 2014
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for your comment--but you my friend can " believe what you want"!!!! Makes no difference to me!!----I/we as Catholic will continue to follow, believe and adhere to the Historical and biblical TRUTH ( each day) of Jesus Christ and over 2000 years of the Fullness of the TRUE faith and the Fullness of the TRUTH in Jesus Christ and His One True Apostolic Catholic Church.
So you will believe whatever the RCC says is the truth and call it "Our Scripture" and "Sacred Tradition". This alleviates the need to think.

Rom 12:2 "Be not conformed to this age, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, in order to prove by you what is the good and pleasing and perfect will of YAHWEH."

(Note - PROVE what is pleasing to Yahweh - not a church)
Henry

Bischofferode, Germany

#532101 Apr 26, 2014
yon wrote:
Pure witchcraft!
There is never such a Thing like a witch.

Prince George, Canada

#532102 Apr 26, 2014
<quoted text>
Recycling Bronze Age Gods 101.....
When one steals someone else's god, they are required to demonize the prior owner in order to justify the theft.
The Catholics did it to the Jews.
Now the Protestants are doing it to the Catholics.
Ramen
Well stated.

The supposed god that once chose the Jews as his favorite few has been recycled by the Catholics, the Christian Gnostic, the Muslims and then the Protestants.

They fight over that image of a god as dogs fight over a bone ... and pat their selves on the back for being WISE.

The phrase "Bloody Mary" comes to mind.

It must be a sign of more bloodshed to come ... because of the foolishness of those in religion.

tongue in cheek

Prince George, Canada

#532103 Apr 26, 2014
yon wrote:
<quoted text>
So you will believe whatever the RCC says is the truth and call it "Our Scripture" and "Sacred Tradition". This alleviates the need to think.
Rom 12:2 "Be not conformed to this age, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, in order to prove by you what is the good and pleasing and perfect will of YAHWEH."
(Note - PROVE what is pleasing to Yahweh - not a church)
I suggest that only by leaving ALL religion behind can humans stop defending their own personalized religious cults as owning universal truth.

Otherwise they will nitpick each other's religions and never be willing to stop the cycle that first go religion going on such a self-destructive "course" ... pun intended.

Prince George, Canada

#532104 Apr 26, 2014
first "got" religion going on such a self-destructive course.

Prince George, Canada

#532105 Apr 26, 2014
Henry wrote:
<quoted text>
There is never such a Thing like a witch.
They exist ONLY in human imagination, as do all religious images.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 2 min Elerby 104,727
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 40 min nanoanomaly 981,316
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 1 hr Peter Ross 445,814
_____POPE Francis 100% EXPOSED_____ 1 hr andet1987 10
Play "End of the Word" ..... Part 2 1 hr andet1987 66
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 3 hr Rob Ford Sr 286,296
*** All Time Favorite Songs *** (Dec '10) 4 hr _Drifter 4,052
More from around the web