Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 690311 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Chess

Columbus, OH

#531935 Apr 25, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Go hiss under your favorite rock...snake
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>ole chess has got your number, you are a dirty filthy example of a human being, prolly married to marge.
What he said.
Chess

Columbus, OH

#531936 Apr 25, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I suggest you don't forget that the church fathers TAUGHT that Jesus wanted the Jews SLAYED.
Those men of the supposed "cloth" were wretched beasts in god-garbs.
No. He did not.

We've been over this.
concerned in Brasil

Europe

#531937 Apr 25, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
"ON this and this alone the claims of the Roman Catholic sect being the one true church are proven FALSE."
Bwaahaaahaaaa!!!!! So proclaims paper pope CIB!
You left out a quote from a Church father where he describes the Eucharist as the flesh of Christ and skipped to the part where you think he was saying the wine was only symbolic. Shame on you.
Again, for the umpteenth time CIB, what Church father are you a co-religionist with???? Pope got your tongue?
No I did not

Awaiting your answer why 42 Popes believed via Papal bull and decree torture was a legitimate ecclesiastic church practice for the conversion of heretics and non believers when all Church fathers and the Bible more importantly contradict your sects position.

This would be the second time you asked which one I am co-religionst with and if an Apostle Paul is not more important than a church father to you, then you are nuts as well as dumb.

There is nothing Matthew Mark John or Paul or Peter or James practiced nor believed that I do not as well.

If the Bible does not trump Men three hundred years removed form being taught by Jesus you truly are a Pharisee.

What I am trying to explain to you I have given you an even better early Church Father namely the Apostles.
I am in agreement with all they taught.
Their Writings are inerrant and the very word of God.
Chess

Columbus, OH

#531938 Apr 25, 2014
Chess wrote:
<quoted text>
No. He did not.
We've been over this.
Misread. Retracted.

Jesus never taught such.

Early Christians?

That's another story.
June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#531939 Apr 25, 2014
StarC wrote:
If you are Catholic, you know that your religion was founded in the year 33 by Jesus Christ the Son of God, and it is still the same Church.
I suggest that the first of your post is close to the truth ... but the part about Jesus Christ founding your church is a blatant lie.

Your founding fathers STATED that Jesus was baptized by John the baptist, which makes it plain that even they were fully aware that the Catholic religion was already up and running within the theological story before Jesus joined John and the others.

Theology is based on lies and it just take scrutiny to spot the lies.

You don't WANT to spot the lies, as you want to cover for them.

And that deceit LIES with YOU and your hypnotized conscience.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#531940 Apr 25, 2014
concerned in Brasil wrote:
<quoted text>
Which apostle taught the rosary?
Which early father taught or used the Rosary?
Mmmm cat got your tongue.
Which Church teaches we have to pray the rosary?

Which fathers had electric guitars, over head video screens, rock star preachers and reclining seating with coffee holders?
June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#531941 Apr 25, 2014
Chess wrote:
<quoted text>
No. He did not.
We've been over this.
Yes he did so!!!

No he did not!!!

Yes he did so!!!

No he did not!!!

Yes he did so!!!

:)

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#531942 Apr 25, 2014
Rom 8:8 So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.

Rom 8:9 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.

Rom 8:10 And if Christ be in you, the body is dead because of sin; but the Spirit is life because of righteousness.

Rom 8:11 But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you.

~~~

i want you Roman Catholics to ask your selves

Has he that raised up Christ from the dead

quicken GIVEN LIFE

TO your mortal bodies by HIS SPIRIT... that dwelleth in you.?
Chess

Columbus, OH

#531943 Apr 25, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes he did so!!!
No he did not!!!
Yes he did so!!!
No he did not!!!
Yes he did so!!!
:)
No. He did not.
Chess

Columbus, OH

#531944 Apr 25, 2014
confrinting with the word wrote:
Rom 8:9 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.
Rom 8:10 And if Christ be in you, the body is dead because of sin; but the Spirit is life because of righteousness.
Rom 8:11 But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you.
~~~
i want you Roman Catholics to ask your selves
Has he that raised up Christ from the dead
quicken GIVEN LIFE
TO your mortal bodies by HIS SPIRIT... that dwelleth in you.?
Dwelleth?

What the heck are you smokething?
hojo

Waconia, MN

#531945 Apr 25, 2014
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
YOU WROTE
Protestant ( bible only) Spirituality is as contradicting and conflicting as it can get.,...
Until you get born again of the Spirit... it is only natural for have such a conclusion......
You are dead to the word of God....
Rom 8:6 For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.
Rom 8:7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.
And "you are dead" to the Words of Jesus Christ HIMSELF ! All you "fundies ever quote are bible verses beginning with Acts through Revelstions. I know the Protestant "bible only quoting game" all to well after 35 years as a Sola Scriptural Protestant (Paul's words negate the Gospels and the Words of Jesus !!!!...... No wonder you live in a contradicting, inconsistent and confused world of bible interpretation ( or better yet mis-interpretation in which "EACH Protestants PERSONAL OPINION is the " final authority !!!...... What a bible verse " mess" of confusion......It is ALL yours---you can have it !! The Fullness of the TRUTH and the Fullness
of the FAITH has been "consistent" for over 2000 years with Jesus Christ ----in and through HIS One True Apostolic Catholic Church---the Bride of Christ!!

Location hidden

#531946 Apr 25, 2014
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>ole chess has got your number, you are a dirty filthy example of a human being, prolly married to marge.
That is your sick twisted opinion.....you are a fraud...I have proof...

Location hidden

#531947 Apr 25, 2014
Chess wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
What he said.
Michael

Canada

#531948 Apr 25, 2014
concerned in Brasil wrote:
<quoted text>
Which apostle taught the rosary?
Which early father taught or used the Rosary?
Mmmm cat got your tongue.
...The rosary as invented by Peter the Hermit around the 10th century....not to be confused with Herman and the Hermits.

United States

#531949 Apr 25, 2014
StarC wrote:
How Old Is Your Church?
If you are a Lutheran, your religion was founded by Martin Luther, an ex- monk of the Catholic Church, in the year 1517.
If you belong to the Church of England, your religion was founded by King Henry VIII in the year 1534 because the Pope would not grant him a divorce with the right to remarry.
If you are a Presbyterian, your religion was founded by John Knox in Scotland in the year 1560.
If you are a Protestant Episcopalian, your religion was an offshoot of the Church of England founded by Samuel Seabury in the American colonies in the 17th century.
If you are a Congregationalist, your religion was originated by Robert Brown in Holland in 1582.
If you are a Methodist, your religion was launched by John and Charles Wesley in England in 1744.
If you are a Unitarian, Theophilus Lindley founded your church in London in 1774.
If you are a Mormon (Latter Day Saints), Joseph Smith started your religion in Palmyra, N.Y., in 1829.
If you are a Baptist, you owe the tenets of your religion to John Smyth, who launched it in Amsterdam in 1605.
If you are of the Dutch Reformed church, you recognize Michaelis Jones as founder, because he originated your religion in New York in 1628.
If you worship with the Salvation Army, your sect began with William Booth in London in 1865.
If you are a Christian Scientist, you look to 1879 as the year in which your religion was born and to Mrs. Mary Baker Eddy as its founder.
If you belong to one of the religious organizations known as 'Church of the Nazarene," "Pentecostal Gospel." "Holiness Church," "Pilgrim Holiness Church," "Jehovah's Witnesses," your religion is one of the hundreds of new sects founded by men within the past century.
If you are Catholic, you know that your religion was founded in the year 33 by Jesus Christ the Son of God, and it is still the same Church.
-
-
The Catholic Church is no where near the same church Jesus founded.
What you have today as Catholicism - IS NOT and NEVER HAS BEEN - a reflection of what Jesus established.
Not even close.
-
Crusades, Inquisition, Protection Of Pedophiles Everywhere.... and in general murdering people in the name of God ... is nothing Jesus would have anything to do with. Not for a nanosecond.

-
Then
or Now.

United States

#531950 Apr 25, 2014
sorry for the double post
Chess

Columbus, OH

#531951 Apr 25, 2014
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
-
-
The Catholic Church is no where near the same church Jesus founded.
What you have today as Catholicism - IS NOT and NEVER HAS BEEN - a reflection of what Jesus established.
Not even close.
-
Crusades, Inquisition, Protection Of Pedophiles Everywhere.... and in general murdering people in the name of God ... is nothing Jesus would have anything to do with. Not for a nanosecond.
-
Then
or Now.
True.

Jesus was a Jew, and his immediate followers were and remained observant Jews.

Just like protestants today, eh?
Chess

Columbus, OH

#531952 Apr 25, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Let me know how helena hot's show goes, k?

United States

#531953 Apr 25, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
Couple of Wednesday night bible studies and they're all paper popes....
-
-
Liam wrote:
Some take it up a notch and equate themselves with the 12 apostles.
-
-
popes and priests call themselves "Christ Among Us"
-
they even use the Title Jesus Christ Himself told no one to use: FATHER
Chess

Columbus, OH

#531954 Apr 25, 2014
guest wrote:
sorry for the double post
So you're admitting you were wrong twice?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 45 min Hector Gonzalez 41,601
God......do You enjoy wacthing me SUFFER?? 2 hr Johnny 14
Trump's "Russia Worries" louder than the noon sun 2 hr Johnny 9
Why it's high time to get rid of billionaires 2 hr Johnny 51
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 2 hr Tellthetruth 989,669
Bring the jobs back to the USA! 3 hr Johnny 530
Sometimes I like Louis Farrakhan's "sermons"...... 4 hr Johnny 94
More from around the web