Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 701335 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#531918 Apr 25, 2014
StarC wrote:
For Catholics and anyone else interested.
<><
Canonization News and schedule
http://www.ewtn.com/canonization/2popes/index...
I'll be glued to the tv. Thanks Star.

My mother in law brought back a rosary from Rome for me which had been blessed by Pope John Paul II. Pretty special.
Michael

Canada

#531919 Apr 25, 2014
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
It is NOT OUR truth!!.......
(lol)
Gods R Delusions x Mine

Orlando, FL

#531920 Apr 25, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
.........Sounds like a Fair God. A God for everyone.
.....check out the posters on this forum who try to beat their truth into others. Anthony, Clay pool, Hojo, ReginaM., Dust Storm, come to mind....
No all loving God would ever do such a thing.
Yes. A step toward the TRUTH.

The above named will follow and you will be revered.

http://www.venganza.org/2009/08/fsm-prayer/co...

Ramen
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#531921 Apr 25, 2014
concerned in Brasil wrote:
<quoted text>
Well you do lie because you have never asked me for early christian who is co-religionist
But since you ask the Apostle Paul as he taught all men have sinned ALL except Jesus I believe as he does that Mary was a sinner and we both disagree with your false sects assertions that Mary was sinless.
Again I point out the list of 40000 you post includes Protestant Orthodox and Roman Catholic sects, I.E. the Jesuits are listed separate and are one of the 40000 the list is compiled by non Christians and none roman Catholics alike and for you to claim that all 40000 must agree means the Great Schism must be solved and that did not involve and Reformation christian sects.
Clearly you are uneducated and ill informed.
Latest Buzz
truth matters and the only one spouted unsubstantiated opinion here is YOU and your fellow sect members.
Buzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
St. Paul? Lol. Not what I asked for. You protestants don't even agree with each other about what he taught.

Remember our little conversation a few months back where I caught you omitting the statement from one of the fathers regarding the reality of the Eucharist? Shame on you for that. That was when I asked you over and over to give me the name of a Church father who was an evangelical fundamentalist like you with the same beliefs. You vanished.....
Michael

Canada

#531922 Apr 25, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
And I'm wondering what kind of militant atheist/agnostic coward feels the need to alter a Catholic Christian's post, lie about what a Catholic Christian says, and spend all his time obsessing over Catholics and their Church, while completely ignoring protestant Christians.
My guess it's the kind that's hiding something, that has an agenda, that isn't quite as happy with his personal as he wants people to believe, that has serious doubts and concerns about his mortality.
Yup, pretty sure I nailed it.
....Alter a catholics post?

.... Are you denying that what I posted is not what you posted? Are you telling the audience that your negative words describing Preston were not said by you in your post to him?

...You can call it Karma, you can call it fate, it will always come back and haunt you.

...Remember when you tell posters you have to strive to be a better person because of your anger and negative comments you make to posters and tell them you are sorry? How many times have you done that? 10, 25, 89?

......hiding something he says!(lol).....

Michael

Canada

#531923 Apr 25, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
More like you? Obsessed with child abuse, other people's dirty laundry, changing people's posts and lying about what they said?
What kind of happy person does these kinds of thing ? None that I know of. What're you hiding Mike?
....other peoples dirty laundry???(lol)!

.....I wish I had a secret. I wish I could hide something. I guess I am just too honest.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#531924 Apr 25, 2014
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Protestant ( bible only) Spirituality is as contradicting and conflicting as it can get.,.......We as Catholics neither, follow, believe, nor worship or adhere to ANY one of over 42,000 inconsistent hodge-podge of confusing and self-opinionated beliefs or denominations.-------All that ANYONE has to do, is to read the " back and forth" comments that are made from one "bible only" (self interpretating experts??????" to another as Confrinting,Atemcowboy, Oldjg, Oxbow, Marge,Truth, Ltm, Patriot, Waassupp, and God R Delusion argue, complain, attack each other, dispute, bitch, fight,bicker, name call and belittle each other's beliefs with the Protestant game of "bible verse (Family Feud)" This only confirms (for me)!as a former Bible only Protestant that there has, is and will ONLY (ever) be one Truth and one TRUE interpretation of Sacred Scripture and it is in the TRUE Gospel of Jesus Christ---in and through His One True Apostolic Catholic Church----and (none) other !!!!!!!
YOU WROTE

Protestant ( bible only) Spirituality is as contradicting and conflicting as it can get.,...

Until you get born again of the Spirit... it is only natural for have such a conclusion......

You are dead to the word of God....

Rom 8:6 For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.

Rom 8:7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.

Rom 8:8 So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.

Rom 8:9 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.

Rom 8:10 And if Christ be in you, the body is dead because of sin; but the Spirit is life because of righteousness.

Rom 8:11 But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you.
concerned in Brasil

Europe

#531925 Apr 25, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
St. Paul? Lol. Not what I asked for. You protestants don't even agree with each other about what he taught.
Remember our little conversation a few months back where I caught you omitting the statement from one of the fathers regarding the reality of the Eucharist? Shame on you for that. That was when I asked you over and over to give me the name of a Church father who was an evangelical fundamentalist like you with the same beliefs. You vanished.....
NO I am still here no I did not vanish I come and go all the time I have life but when I am offshore you are always good for a laugh.

you never showed I omitted anything Anthony deceit and lies again.

But here is one again for you one that you truly have never answered.

Why is it all early church fathers believed a Christian should never join an army of fight in a war before 300 AD All taught this yet your Pope of your sect created armies and crusades and forced believers to have to fight in these armies or be ex-communicated?

Why did Rome institute torture in the 14th century, via Papal bull, form a new sect of Priest to enforce it when All ALLLLLL early church father taught torture was repugnant and even more so to convert a man to Jesus WHY and remember 42 popes after continued the practice of torturing non believers and reformers alike, those who disagreed with them.

In fact why does your pope of today disagree with 42 popes and a Papal bull from the chair of Peter if the teachings of Rome have never changed and remember this is not a minor item we are talking about its how to bring about conversion.

Why is Romes teachings on service in the military and fighting in armies in complete disagreement to all early church fathers?

ON this and this alone the claims of the Roman Catholic sect being the one true church are proven FALSE.
June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#531926 Apr 25, 2014
Gods R Delusions x Mine wrote:
<quoted text>
As an animal, you only seem to care about other animals.
What about the suffering of carrots?
Ramen
Even if carrots did suffer, I intend to eat them, just as I do animals. I was "created" by a deviant god know as Ramen, to be an animal that eats other living things.

What can I do but enjoy what is put before me???

It's all Ramen's fault!

:)
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#531927 Apr 25, 2014
known as Ramen
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#531928 Apr 25, 2014
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
Truth
Peace
The truth of the matter is that one tries to fulfill their obligations to the best of their ability. And "working" with imperfect human beings, is different than "working" with God(a Perfect Being).
To be in Christ, and to have Christ within, things seem much more simple, than in the world. But of course we are "called" to be outside of the world, and the carnal passions. Yet we get entangled, snared(as the Psalmist writes) within them. Being still before God is the best way of sorting out such things, if one has the time.
Most of us are not born wise, and develop prudence in the world first, before being "born-again", and develop prudence of spiritual things. It takes time to see the difference, and practice the latter one correctly; in such matters, I find scripture is generous....
Peace
Another sermon by Robert who insists that he never sermonizes.

Peace
Peace

Hell
Hell
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#531929 Apr 25, 2014
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
i.e., let's say for a minute, as the apostle Paul states, that God does "choose the foolishness of preaching" to draw others to Himself. would He have a chance at getting your attention through His chosen method?
The Catholic fathers wrote that the apostle Paul stated such and such and that Jesus stated such and such. It was their JOB to create illusions so that you would follow their illusions.

And the answer is "NO."

I've studied most religions of the world, and have concluded that they are all self-centered in their claims of knowing truth ... while they at same time dis every other religion as being based on lies and continually point at each other as being evil offender of the gods.

It's a whole lot of childish nonsense.

I will wait, and if there just happens to be a hereafter, I will take it as it comes. I will NOT entertain the notion that there is a heaven and a hell, as I believe "that" is man-created junk.

Thanks for asking, rather than suggesting off the cuff that I will go to hell, as occurs with so many Christians.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#531930 Apr 25, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
....Alter a catholics post?
.... Are you denying that what I posted is not what you posted? Are you telling the audience that your negative words describing Preston were not said by you in your post to him?
...You can call it Karma, you can call it fate, it will always come back and haunt you.
...Remember when you tell posters you have to strive to be a better person because of your anger and negative comments you make to posters and tell them you are sorry? How many times have you done that? 10, 25, 89?
......hiding something he says!(lol).....
Yeah Michael, you snipped my post and left in a name-calling quote from Preston that I had copied and pasted in order to reply to.
Yeah Michael, you're hiding something...
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#531931 Apr 25, 2014
<quoted text>
Why is it all early church fathers believed a Christian should never join an army of fight in a war before 300 AD All taught this yet your Pope of your sect created armies and crusades and forced believers to have to fight in these armies or be ex-communicated?
I suggest you don't forget that the church fathers TAUGHT that Jesus wanted the Jews SLAYED.

Those men of the supposed "cloth" were wretched beasts in god-garbs.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#531932 Apr 25, 2014
<quoted text>
NO I am still here no I did not vanish I come and go all the time I have life but when I am offshore you are always good for a laugh.
you never showed I omitted anything Anthony deceit and lies again.
But here is one again for you one that you truly have never answered.
Why did Rome institute torture in the 14th century, via Papal bull, form a new sect of Priest to enforce it when All ALLLLLL early church father taught torture was repugnant and even more so to convert a man to Jesus WHY and remember 42 popes after continued the practice of torturing non believers and reformers alike, those who disagreed with them.
In fact why does your pope of today disagree with 42 popes and a Papal bull from the chair of Peter if the teachings of Rome have never changed and remember this is not a minor item we are talking about its how to bring about conversion.
Why is Romes teachings on service in the military and fighting in armies in complete disagreement to all early church fathers?
ON this and this alone the claims of the Roman Catholic sect being the one true church are proven FALSE.
"ON this and this alone the claims of the Roman Catholic sect being the one true church are proven FALSE."

Bwaahaaahaaaa!!!!! So proclaims paper pope CIB!

You left out a quote from a Church father where he describes the Eucharist as the flesh of Christ and skipped to the part where you think he was saying the wine was only symbolic. Shame on you.

Again, for the umpteenth time CIB, what Church father are you a co-religionist with???? Pope got your tongue?
concerned in Brasil

Europe

#531933 Apr 25, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll be glued to the tv. Thanks Star.
My mother in law brought back a rosary from Rome for me which had been blessed by Pope John Paul II. Pretty special.
Which apostle taught the rosary?
Which early father taught or used the Rosary?

Mmmm cat got your tongue.
Chess

Columbus, OH

#531934 Apr 25, 2014
helena hot wrote:
full show for skype samanta_pop no free paypal/ credit card
I'll pass.

But thanks for the invite.

I'm pretty sure OxBreath will attend, though.

OxBreath is excommunicated, so anything goes.
Chess

Columbus, OH

#531935 Apr 25, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Go hiss under your favorite rock...snake
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>ole chess has got your number, you are a dirty filthy example of a human being, prolly married to marge.
What he said.
Chess

Columbus, OH

#531936 Apr 25, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I suggest you don't forget that the church fathers TAUGHT that Jesus wanted the Jews SLAYED.
Those men of the supposed "cloth" were wretched beasts in god-garbs.
No. He did not.

We've been over this.
concerned in Brasil

Europe

#531937 Apr 25, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
"ON this and this alone the claims of the Roman Catholic sect being the one true church are proven FALSE."
Bwaahaaahaaaa!!!!! So proclaims paper pope CIB!
You left out a quote from a Church father where he describes the Eucharist as the flesh of Christ and skipped to the part where you think he was saying the wine was only symbolic. Shame on you.
Again, for the umpteenth time CIB, what Church father are you a co-religionist with???? Pope got your tongue?
No I did not

Awaiting your answer why 42 Popes believed via Papal bull and decree torture was a legitimate ecclesiastic church practice for the conversion of heretics and non believers when all Church fathers and the Bible more importantly contradict your sects position.

This would be the second time you asked which one I am co-religionst with and if an Apostle Paul is not more important than a church father to you, then you are nuts as well as dumb.

There is nothing Matthew Mark John or Paul or Peter or James practiced nor believed that I do not as well.

If the Bible does not trump Men three hundred years removed form being taught by Jesus you truly are a Pharisee.

What I am trying to explain to you I have given you an even better early Church Father namely the Apostles.
I am in agreement with all they taught.
Their Writings are inerrant and the very word of God.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 29 min OffTheClock 79,264
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 1 hr Dang Jersey Piney 448,336
Any gay / bi guys wanna sext (Apr '12) 5 hr Ccrea 29
Targeted Individuals, those illegally surveille... (Apr '17) 8 hr Endofdays 7
Sexual Desires: My wife pooping in my mouth (Aug '13) 9 hr ANGRYPOOPDAD 55
Doctor REALITY obsessed with OJ Simpson 11 hr Doctor REALITY 66
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 11 hr Tony 6,861
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 15 hr doG mnaDed lyoH r... 995,722