Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 688877 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Michael

Canada

#531894 Apr 25, 2014
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
The fact is Confrinting that you have proven yourself to be a "hurricane" of Bible only "hot air" that blows "nothing" but -----smoke-------smoke-----and more Protestant polluted smoke!!!!
Until you personally come to the TRUTH of a True Salvation in Jesus Christ HIMSELF in and through His One True Apostolic Catholic Church, the lies, heresies and hypocracies of yours will only continue,'
...In your well educated, revered country of america, your comments are in the minority.

...155 million protestants. 70 million catholics........and most Catholics don't even practice their faith anymore.

.....Imagine, a roman catholic making fun of people who get their spirituality from the bible.

.....there is something wrong Hojo. You have Anthonyism.....and its very contagious among catholics..
hojo

Waconia, MN

#531895 Apr 25, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
.........Sounds like a Fair God. A God for everyone.
.....check out the posters on this forum who try to beat their truth into others. Anthony, Clay pool, Hojo, ReginaM., Dust Storm, come to mind....
No all loving God would ever do such a thing.
It is NOT OUR truth!!......It is the historical and biblical (Fullness) of the TRUTH from Jesus Christ HIMSELF -which is (only) in and through His One True Apostolic Catholic Church..
Liam

Denver, CO

#531896 Apr 25, 2014
Truth wrote:
James 5:14-16
14 Is anyone among you sick? Let them call the elders of the church to pray over them and anoint them with oil in the name of the Lord.
15 And the prayer offered in faith will make the sick person well; the Lord will raise them up.~~~If they have sinned, they will be forgiven.~~~
16 Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous person is powerful and effective.
1 Peter 4:5
5 But they will have to give account to HIM who is ready to judge the living and the dead.
***They WILL have to give account to HIM who is ready.......
It doesn't say give an account to an Apostle, Pope, Priest, Elder,or Preacher!!!
Your summary at the end is flawed. Your comparing two different letters from two different people, written for two different reasons. 1Peter cant undo what James said and what all the apostles verbally communicated.
Besides, we Catholics agree with 1Peter. We also agree with James. Its you guys who cant agree with both.

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#531898 Apr 25, 2014
Truth wrote:
Anthony,
What would Preston's obligation/responsibility towards me be when I confess my sin/sins that I have COMMITTED against him???
Ephesians 4:31-32
31 Get rid of all bitterness, rage and anger, brawling and slander, along with every form of malice.
32 ~~~~~Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as *in Christ* God forgave you.~~~~~
FORGIVING each other, just as IN CHRIST God forgave you......
This is why it is so IMPORTANT to be IN CHRIST.....there is where your FORGIVENESS is.....
Truth

Peace

The truth of the matter is that one tries to fulfill their obligations to the best of their ability. And "working" with imperfect human beings, is different than "working" with God(a Perfect Being).

To be in Christ, and to have Christ within, things seem much more simple, than in the world. But of course we are "called" to be outside of the world, and the carnal passions. Yet we get entangled, snared(as the Psalmist writes) within them. Being still before God is the best way of sorting out such things, if one has the time.

Most of us are not born wise, and develop prudence in the world first, before being "born-again", and develop prudence of spiritual things. It takes time to see the difference, and practice the latter one correctly; in such matters, I find scripture is generous....

Peace
Anthony MN

United States

#531899 Apr 25, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
.....I am amazed how fast you make friends on here?
..you call Preston stupid, then claim Preston needs psychological help but GURANTEED!....GURANTEED! you will be back posting to him again calling him names and insulting his intelligence once again, as you always do.
.....I'm wondering.....who really needs the psychological help?
And I'm wondering what kind of militant atheist/agnostic coward feels the need to alter a Catholic Christian's post, lie about what a Catholic Christian says, and spend all his time obsessing over Catholics and their Church, while completely ignoring protestant Christians.

My guess it's the kind that's hiding something, that has an agenda, that isn't quite as happy with his personal as he wants people to believe, that has serious doubts and concerns about his mortality.

Yup, pretty sure I nailed it.
hojo

Waconia, MN

#531900 Apr 25, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
.....Imagine, a roman catholic making fun of people who get their spirituality from the bible.
Protestant ( bible only) Spirituality is as contradicting and conflicting as it can get.,.......We as Catholics neither, follow, believe, nor worship or adhere to ANY one of over 42,000 inconsistent hodge-podge of confusing and self-opinionated beliefs or denominations.-------All that ANYONE has to do, is to read the " back and forth" comments that are made from one "bible only" (self interpretating experts??????" to another as Confrinting,Atemcowboy, Oldjg, Oxbow, Marge,Truth, Ltm, Patriot, Waassupp, and God R Delusion argue, complain, attack each other, dispute, bitch, fight,bicker, name call and belittle each other's beliefs with the Protestant game of "bible verse (Family Feud)" This only confirms (for me)!as a former Bible only Protestant that there has, is and will ONLY (ever) be one Truth and one TRUE interpretation of Sacred Scripture and it is in the TRUE Gospel of Jesus Christ---in and through His One True Apostolic Catholic Church----and (none) other !!!!!!!
concerned in Brasil

Europe

#531901 Apr 25, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks Hank. Yes all if this is important.
Here's the problem for you all....the early Church was Catholic, all of the early Christian witnesses preached Catholic doctrine. They baptized infants, they taught the Real Presence of the Eucharist, they had confession to priests, they HAD priests....and bishops.
Protestants can speculate and try to decipher scripture til the cows come home, but what you will never produce is evidence that the early Church was protestant.
Anthony once again straw man argument after straw man argument it never ends with you but what choice do you have the truth does not back up your claims nor the RCC’s.

Protestant was a name given to reformers in the 16th century it was used in a mean spirited derogatory manner by Rome.

Reformers sought to return to what the apostles taught and the bible teaches as Rome has allowed lies and the false teachings of men to corrupt the RCC sect.

So no protestants have never claimed the early church was protestant, and those who you call protestant for the most part are bible believing evangelical Christians believers in Christ Jesus and are of the one true apostolic Catholic universal church of Jesus who is the Rock and corner stone of the universal church of God.

Its Ironic Rome claims its the universal church when it protested from the Coptic's and split as she did with the Greek's and split truly the RCC are the Protestants. Oh well the Irony of the truth I am sure soars miles above you.

It’s just not the same thing as the Roman Catholic Church when compared to the Catholic Church if the early church fathers and Apostles.

From the time of the 1st century early church fathers was split 50/50 being literal elements and metaphorical with regards to the Eucharist, clearly the Bible teaches they are not but symbolic and Jesus declared these words were Spiritual.

For the hundreds of years after Jesus accession the teaching was when one could profess with their mouth Jesus as Lord and Savoir and believed in him for their salvation they were to be baptized.

Babies could not and cannot do this and thus were not baptized. There are historical examples of families having their children baptized but in context and fairness it was dedication that the parents would teach them in the ways of the Lord and in the hope when they were able to confess Jesus as lord and Savior they would choose to be obedient and be baptized.

The RCC in its inept teaching actually tries to teach when a whole household was baptize that meant infants, but in the Greek Idiom it did not include infants as today when I say everybody in my family voted today know one believes my 2 month old son got out of his crib and went an voted a polling station.

The verse that those to be baptized are the ones who can confess with their mouths Jesus is Lord and their Savior makes this teaching absurd.

But that is how absurd your sects and your assertions have become and why a reformation of true Bible believing Christians has occurred and will continue to occur

You are a false teacher you are in big trouble

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#531902 Apr 25, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Pot meet kettle.
huh? i always talk about my belief that God clearly revealed Himself through His Son Jesus and through the Holy Writ!

AND i often expose how religion and particularly catholicism is blatantly blasphemous against God's revelation of His Son & Word!

so....let's do this thang!;-)

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#531903 Apr 25, 2014
Chess wrote:
<quoted text>
More Christian anger.
Jesus will do that to you, ya know.
Go hiss under your favorite rock...snake

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#531904 Apr 25, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure!
I believe that I don't know answers to mysteries.
I will have to wait until I die to find out if life continues after death, and until then, I will try to do my best by others, as life works better for me that way.
I won't buy into the mental junk that others will go to hell and I will go to heaven. I find that belief totally repulsive.
well thank you for this, June!

a cpl things i would like to suggest to you about what you said, if i may, are:

1) you certainly aren't doing "your best to others" here, where you spend a good chunk of time!

2) WHAT IF some others really have found some answers regarding the mysteries of the here-after and are sincerely trying to convey them to you so that you are prepared and won't hafta be punished for your sins - are you an objective and approachable person to such people and to such ideas?

i.e., let's say for a minute, as the apostle Paul states, that God does "choose the foolishness of preaching" to draw others to Himself. would He have a chance at getting your attention through His chosen method?
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#531905 Apr 25, 2014
concerned in Brasil wrote:
<quoted text>
Anthony once again straw man argument after straw man argument it never ends with you but what choice do you have the truth does not back up your claims nor the RCC’s.
Protestant was a name given to reformers in the 16th century it was used in a mean spirited derogatory manner by Rome.
Reformers sought to return to what the apostles taught and the bible teaches as Rome has allowed lies and the false teachings of men to corrupt the RCC sect.
So no protestants have never claimed the early church was protestant, and those who you call protestant for the most part are bible believing evangelical Christians believers in Christ Jesus and are of the one true apostolic Catholic universal church of Jesus who is the Rock and corner stone of the universal church of God.
Its Ironic Rome claims its the universal church when it protested from the Coptic's and split as she did with the Greek's and split truly the RCC are the Protestants. Oh well the Irony of the truth I am sure soars miles above you.
It’s just not the same thing as the Roman Catholic Church when compared to the Catholic Church if the early church fathers and Apostles.
From the time of the 1st century early church fathers was split 50/50 being literal elements and metaphorical with regards to the Eucharist, clearly the Bible teaches they are not but symbolic and Jesus declared these words were Spiritual.
For the hundreds of years after Jesus accession the teaching was when one could profess with their mouth Jesus as Lord and Savoir and believed in him for their salvation they were to be baptized.
Babies could not and cannot do this and thus were not baptized. There are historical examples of families having their children baptized but in context and fairness it was dedication that the parents would teach them in the ways of the Lord and in the hope when they were able to confess Jesus as lord and Savior they would choose to be obedient and be baptized.
The RCC in its inept teaching actually tries to teach when a whole household was baptize that meant infants, but in the Greek Idiom it did not include infants as today when I say everybody in my family voted today know one believes my 2 month old son got out of his crib and went an voted a polling station.
The verse that those to be baptized are the ones who can confess with their mouths Jesus is Lord and their Savior makes this teaching absurd.
But that is how absurd your sects and your assertions have become and why a reformation of true Bible believing Christians has occurred and will continue to occur
You are a false teacher you are in big trouble
Forget telling me what the bible says CIB, because until ALL protestants agree, you're nothing but another opinion. I'm not gonna argue "bible" with you while protestantism is divided into 40,000 competing sects. Period. Amen.

And once again I'm forced to require you to identify an early Christian whom you consider a co-religionist, a co-evangelical fundamentalist, someone who rejected the Church and the Sacraments as your group does.

Until such time, buzz off.

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#531906 Apr 25, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Go hiss under your favorite rock...snake
ole chess has got your number, you are a dirty filthy example of a human being, prolly married to marge.

“Happy 2016!!”

Since: Apr 08

Saint Teresa Pray 4 Us.

#531907 Apr 25, 2014
How Old Is Your Church?

If you are a Lutheran, your religion was founded by Martin Luther, an ex- monk of the Catholic Church, in the year 1517.

If you belong to the Church of England, your religion was founded by King Henry VIII in the year 1534 because the Pope would not grant him a divorce with the right to remarry.

If you are a Presbyterian, your religion was founded by John Knox in Scotland in the year 1560.

If you are a Protestant Episcopalian, your religion was an offshoot of the Church of England founded by Samuel Seabury in the American colonies in the 17th century.

If you are a Congregationalist, your religion was originated by Robert Brown in Holland in 1582.

If you are a Methodist, your religion was launched by John and Charles Wesley in England in 1744.

If you are a Unitarian, Theophilus Lindley founded your church in London in 1774.

If you are a Mormon (Latter Day Saints), Joseph Smith started your religion in Palmyra, N.Y., in 1829.

If you are a Baptist, you owe the tenets of your religion to John Smyth, who launched it in Amsterdam in 1605.

If you are of the Dutch Reformed church, you recognize Michaelis Jones as founder, because he originated your religion in New York in 1628.

If you worship with the Salvation Army, your sect began with William Booth in London in 1865.

If you are a Christian Scientist, you look to 1879 as the year in which your religion was born and to Mrs. Mary Baker Eddy as its founder.

If you belong to one of the religious organizations known as 'Church of the Nazarene," "Pentecostal Gospel." "Holiness Church," "Pilgrim Holiness Church," "Jehovah's Witnesses," your religion is one of the hundreds of new sects founded by men within the past century.

If you are Catholic, you know that your religion was founded in the year 33 by Jesus Christ the Son of God, and it is still the same Church.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#531908 Apr 25, 2014
--SPOONER-- wrote:
<quoted text>
Good morning Rose.
Hope you have a great day Dear Friend. You are a pure Sweetheart.
God Bless.
Peace.
Good mornin/ afternoon Mr Spooned. As always good to see you, if a bit late ...I only come on a,couple times a day...

God bless my friend

“Happy 2016!!”

Since: Apr 08

Saint Teresa Pray 4 Us.

#531909 Apr 25, 2014
For Catholics and anyone else interested.
<><

Canonization News and schedule

http://www.ewtn.com/canonization/2popes/index...
Michael

Canada

#531910 Apr 25, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
And I'm wondering what kind of militant atheist/agnostic coward feels the need to alter a Catholic Christian's post, lie about what a Catholic Christian says, and spend all his time obsessing over Catholics and their Church, while completely ignoring protestant Christians.
My guess it's the kind that's hiding something, that has an agenda, that isn't quite as happy with his personal as he wants people to believe, that has serious doubts and concerns about his mortality.
Yup, pretty sure I nailed it.
....All my time you say?(lol)!!!.... In the past several days you have posted a lot more than me. Check it out. I have been coming/going to home depot and Lowes being constructive with my time. I don't have valuable spare time like you. When you post all you do is talk over people, argue, name call and insult posters personally.

....Its just not right. You should strive to be more like me.

Gods R Delusions x Mine

Orlando, FL

#531911 Apr 25, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
In trying to be WISE, you prove your self to be an idiot.
If you think animals don't feel pain, you don't understand their language.
As an animal, you only seem to care about other animals.

What about the suffering of carrots?

Ramen
concerned in Brasil

Europe

#531912 Apr 25, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Forget telling me what the bible says CIB, because until ALL protestants agree, you're nothing but another opinion. I'm not gonna argue "bible" with you while protestantism is divided into 40,000 competing sects. Period. Amen.
And once again I'm forced to require you to identify an early Christian whom you consider a co-religionist, a co-evangelical fundamentalist, someone who rejected the Church and the Sacraments as your group does.
Until such time, buzz off.
Well you do lie because you have never asked me for early christian who is co-religionist

But since you ask the Apostle Paul as he taught all men have sinned ALL except Jesus I believe as he does that Mary was a sinner and we both disagree with your false sects assertions that Mary was sinless.

Again I point out the list of 40000 you post includes Protestant Orthodox and Roman Catholic sects, I.E. the Jesuits are listed separate and are one of the 40000 the list is compiled by non Christians and none roman Catholics alike and for you to claim that all 40000 must agree means the Great Schism must be solved and that did not involve and Reformation christian sects.

Clearly you are uneducated and ill informed.

Latest Buzz
truth matters and the only one spouted unsubstantiated opinion here is YOU and your fellow sect members.
Buzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Since: Apr 14

Bogotá, Colombia

#531913 Apr 25, 2014
full show for skype samanta_pop no free paypal/ credit card
Gods R Delusions x Mine

Orlando, FL

#531914 Apr 25, 2014
StarC wrote:
How Old Is Your Church?
If you are a Lutheran, your religion was founded by Martin Luther, an ex- monk of the Catholic Church, in the year 1517.
If you belong to the Church of England, your religion was founded by King Henry VIII in the year 1534 because the Pope would not grant him a divorce with the right to remarry.
If you are a Presbyterian, your religion was founded by John Knox in Scotland in the year 1560.
If you are a Protestant Episcopalian, your religion was an offshoot of the Church of England founded by Samuel Seabury in the American colonies in the 17th century.
If you are a Congregationalist, your religion was originated by Robert Brown in Holland in 1582.
If you are a Methodist, your religion was launched by John and Charles Wesley in England in 1744.
If you are a Unitarian, Theophilus Lindley founded your church in London in 1774.
If you are a Mormon (Latter Day Saints), Joseph Smith started your religion in Palmyra, N.Y., in 1829.
If you are a Baptist, you owe the tenets of your religion to John Smyth, who launched it in Amsterdam in 1605.
If you are of the Dutch Reformed church, you recognize Michaelis Jones as founder, because he originated your religion in New York in 1628.
If you worship with the Salvation Army, your sect began with William Booth in London in 1865.
If you are a Christian Scientist, you look to 1879 as the year in which your religion was born and to Mrs. Mary Baker Eddy as its founder.
If you belong to one of the religious organizations known as 'Church of the Nazarene," "Pentecostal Gospel." "Holiness Church," "Pilgrim Holiness Church," "Jehovah's Witnesses," your religion is one of the hundreds of new sects founded by men within the past century.
If you are Catholic, you know that your religion was founded in the year 33 by Jesus Christ the Son of God, and it is still the same Church.
Does this mean that catholics are more moral?

More ethical?

Commit fewer crimes?

Is there any tangible meaning to such a claim, beyond ego?

I have real world PROOF. Mine is the one true God. Unlike you, I don't need to rip the delusional, untrue gods of those who are lesser than me.

Ramen

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 2 min Cryptic 37,202
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 14 min trifecta1 988,575
Why doesn't God STOP the world's MADNESS and in... 1 hr HFCS - What It Is 6
You are of your father.....the devil 1 hr Devil isnt Real 2
Why are Europeans a race of savages, thieves, a... (Jun '15) 1 hr BobbyX 67
Putin: Hillary Made Up Russian Collusion 3 hr The Henchman 1
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 3 hr Here For Now 619,813
More from around the web