Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.
Comments
513,101 - 513,120 of 538,945 Comments Last updated 7 min ago
truth

Perth, Australia

#531471 Apr 24, 2014
when you touch there somewhere where others not
then you are delusion

its ok

pray
delusion will gone

horrible experience deference spirits
Liam

United States

#531472 Apr 24, 2014
marge wrote:
ALL your sins Clay, past present and future, and will lead you to righteousness and Never leave you.
Jesus is our Saviour!
I confess my sins all the time.. I believe that Jesus Christ is my Lord and Savior. There is no other name which one can be saved. I love the Lord with all my heart and soul..
Am I missing something?
Scram Marge.....and keep that ignorant fundie stuff away from me and my kids.
truth

Perth, Australia

#531473 Apr 24, 2014
if confess or not
you can't hide nothing

its exist low organization
its exist high organization
before you say anything they know
until they see you
they know
until you start speak any voice they know

only is deference
good verse bad things

“~ SIDE BY SIDE ~”

Since: Dec 13

~ IS HOW WE ROLL ~

#531474 Apr 24, 2014
What does one have to do to inherit the Kingdom of God?

I would just like some of y'all's opinions. Not being smart or trying to be cute, just asking, because I see different folks saying different things. Are there many paths to Heaven, or just one, Jesus Christ?

“~ SIDE BY SIDE ~”

Since: Dec 13

~ IS HOW WE ROLL ~

#531475 Apr 24, 2014
Good morning Rose.

I hope you're doing well today Sweetheart.

For God so loved the World.

God Bless.
Peace.

“Greater Love Than This”

Since: Aug 08

Has No Man

#531478 Apr 24, 2014
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
I wanna have a normal theological discussion with you for a second, because you are a minister to protestants, and you have studied the Scriptures through the Protestant Christian scope.(Confrint and Oldjg can chime in too...).
Does God have a name? My understanding is that ancient Hebrew put YHWH as His "name", but really its not an actual personal name, but was a way for the early authors to communicate "I Am what I Am". Hence YHWH, and later "Yaweh and Jehovah". But as far as a 'name' it was not. By saying "I am what I am" God was revealing that His name isn't compatible with Human understanding.. Even later Jewish translators stopped using Yahweh in place of "Adonai"(Lord). That's my understanding, and I'm not sure how the CC officially teaches on that btw..
I was curious how non Catholics viewed this.. From a Protestant Minister's perspective, what do you say?
I'm thinking since the time of Jesus,if you call Him Abba,, father , praying in the name of the Son Jesus, He will know,to whom you speak ..since JESUS gave us,the,Our Father...Just my two cents.

Pretty sure praying in the,name of Father, Son and Spirit will get His,attention Al s o.

Since God is all knowing, therefore, He's going to know,if you are praying to Him as Yahweh, Adonai, Ann's, Jesus , etc..

Since: Feb 14

Location hidden

#531479 Apr 24, 2014
--SPOONER-- wrote:
I would just like some of y'all's opinions. Not being smart or trying to be cute, just asking, because I see different folks saying different things. Are there many paths to Heaven, or just one, Jesus Christ?
That's a tough question, considering they're so much diversity and belief in Religion, and it varies by culture, but for me it's simple. Jesus tells you how, He is the way, truth and light, no one comes to the Father except through me. that means no one sect, denomination, or creed holds the Key. Anyone that accepts Jesus.. He also said the Kingdom Of God Is Within Us All. That is a very deep personal message for each Individual that they can only decide for themselves..Different branches of the Vine, will branch out into their belief as how, but Ultimately, the greater purpose is to serve the Vine..IMO.

“Greater Love Than This”

Since: Aug 08

Has No Man

#531480 Apr 24, 2014
--SPOONER-- wrote:
Hey Spooner, good to see you post..lively discussion.

He , Jesus, the Way the truth and the Light..ask anything IN HIS,NAME, to the FATHER ,in His will(paraphrasing)

He who believes in the Son ..etc..
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#531481 Apr 24, 2014
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
I confess my sins all the time.. I believe that Jesus Christ is my Lord and Savior. There is no other name which one can be saved. I love the Lord with all my heart and soul..
Am I missing something?
Scram Marge.....and keep that ignorant fundie stuff away from me and my kids.
If you love Jesus with all your heart, why is your priest your mediator and not Him?

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#531482 Apr 24, 2014
Gods R Delusions x Mine wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you throw temper tantrums too as a child?
You detest someone's opinion when it doesn't agree with yours.
Therefore, you detest the vast majority of humanity.
On behalf of most humans and their creator, we are terribly sorry.
Idea!
Why not get a life beyond a small-minded delusion. You'll be happier and detest fewer people.
Ramen.
I am sorry that you are so confused(well no, I'm not) but it isn't her opinion that I detest, it is her. chuck has the same doctrine as her and I don't detest him.

and also I was very lucid when I said I detest her and I quoted what the Preacher said about the type of person that she is
Anthony MN

Andover, MN

#531483 Apr 24, 2014
Gods R Delusions x Mine wrote:
<quoted text>
Is that how you talk to the wrong side of your family too?
Get a grip. You sound like a fundie.
Let us pray. Dear Mary, save us from our anger and hatred.
ramen.
Might be better for you if you knew our long history of discussion/disagreements. He knows I'm playing with him. I don't feel an ounce of anger or hatred towards him or anyone on the board. You should probably lighten up a bit.

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#531484 Apr 24, 2014
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>one of the [few] times that I must agree with you. you have a better chance of obtaining Heaven than she does.
The last place in the universe I would want to go (if it existed) is heaven.

All I picture is the fighting and bloodshed that continues on earth in the name of love and that makes me want to go any other direction BUT the one desired by those in religion.
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#531485 Apr 24, 2014
--SPOONER-- wrote:
Who will inherit the kingdom of God? All who have been washed, sanctified and justified in the name of the Lord Jesus and by the Spirit of our God.

Prince George, Canada

#531486 Apr 24, 2014
Tony17 wrote:
This forum is chocked just full of FALSE,LYING PROPHETS.
http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/...
Do I have your permission to add you to the list???

:)

Location hidden

#531487 Apr 24, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Might be better for you if you knew our long history of discussion/disagreements. He knows I'm playing with him. I don't feel an ounce of anger or hatred towards him or anyone on the board. You should probably lighten up a bit.
however , he is correct concerning my feelings toward marge, I do detest her, and she is wicked

Prince George, Canada

#531488 Apr 24, 2014
Tony17 wrote:
And Gods name as revealed in the book of Esther is not YHWH but rather it is YHVH and pronounced......... YaHoVaH.
GODS NAME BE PRAISED.
Do you honestly believe that if a creator existed, it would care about a name that humans attached to it one way or the other?

It would have to be as shallow and self-absorbed as the humans that worship it.

Location hidden

#531489 Apr 24, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
All I picture is the fighting and bloodshed that continues on earth in the name of love and that makes me want to go any other direction BUT the one desired by those in religion.
I wouldn't lose any sleep over you making it to heaven. your chances are slim to nun(I know, but it looks better if I bring something catholic up in my posts) and slim just left town

Since: Feb 14

Location hidden

#531490 Apr 24, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Be careful what you wish for..If you Picture that in Heaven, then Hell, if it exists, will be your reward..Maybe he will bake you a cake upon your arrival, to go with that pineapple up your @$$..Good morning June :)
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#531491 Apr 24, 2014
Most people think of eternal life as living forever in heaven. But it's more than that. Eternal life also is a here-and-now thing.

Probably the best-known Bible reference to eternal life is John 3:16:“For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life."

In that verse, "eternal" translates a word in the original language that means "agelong." The idea is of life that never ends. It points to an afterlife where there is no death. But it also is talking about eternal life that we "have" right now -- not "will have someday."

Jesus -- who God raised from the dead -- made a promise to people who have eternal life: "I Myself will raise him up on the last day”(John 6:40). That gives us hope for the future, even if life right now is really hard.

Eternal life means escaping the power of death. This life is ruled by death. Everything that lives will die. Physically, there is no way to escape it. But death wasn't the end of the story for Jesus -- God brought Him back to life. In the same way, death isn't the end of the story for us. The Bible says: "For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord" (Romans 6:23).

What eternal life is NOT is eternal death. John 3:16 says that people with eternal life will not "perish," a word that means "be totally destroyed." Matthew 25:46 talks about "eternal punishment" as the destiny of people whose lives aren't lived God's way. If eternal life is living forever with God, then maybe the opposite is dying forever, or maybe it's living forever apart from God.

But eternal life isn't just something that starts after we die. It's also a here-and-now thing.

"Eternal life" also refers to the quality of this life. Jesus said "I came that they may have life, and have it abundantly" (John 10:10). "Abundantly," in the original language, means "more extremely." When ordinary life is routine and boring, Jesus gives us a new life that is Xtreme!

Eternal life is God's own life, living in us. If we want to know what that means, look at the kind of life Jesus lived. Piercing insight into the most troubling and confusing problems people face. Strength to win the struggles with sin that people usually lose. God's miracle-working power that turns impossible situations into exciting victories.

Eternal life is full and free, like a natural spring that keeps bubbling up fresh, cool water even in the time of serious drought (John 4:14).

Most of all, eternal life is the kind of life that results from a close, loving relationship with our heavenly Father and His only Son.“This is eternal life, that they may know You, the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom You have sent" (John 17:3).

Eternal life is a life that is full and free and forever. It is peace, joy and assurance. It is comfort, strength and hope. It's never-ending life with God life in heaven after we die, but it's also abundant life here and now.
It's the kind of life all of us really want. It's the kind of life we can never achieve. It's the kind of life God gives us for free when we finally admit how much we need His help.

Prince George, Canada

#531492 Apr 24, 2014
pusherman_ wrote:
<quoted text> What his meaning and message meant is something one can only decide for himself. just because some religion, or even you June, say Christ is this, or he's that, doesn't make it so. he is to me what he isn't to the next. you blow a lot of smoke June..you have o credibilty on the matter seeing how you think he never existed..
You missed the point of my post to Robert and went wandering off on your own course.

Robert suggested that I might be afraid of going to hell (meaning Christian hell) and I responded that Robert doesn't believe that Islam's hell exists simply because he doesn't believe that Islam is a real religion, and I don't believe that Christian hell exists EITHER.

I'm paraphrasing, but that was the gist of my post.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 7 min It aint necessari... 732,950
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 9 min Peace_Warrior 599,899
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 16 min Eagle 12 226,340
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 18 min Dr_Zorderz 257,992
Last Word + 2 22 min Hannah V 500
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 23 min crusty 117,970
______*ANTICHRIST on world stage______ 48 min headlinesYtube 1
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 49 min Figaro 105
•••
Enter and win $5000