Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 681608 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#531395 Apr 23, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I explained my position to the best of my ability. If it doesn't suit you I can't help that.
You haven't said anything.

....just like a so-called "Christian".....

What are you afraid of?
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#531396 Apr 23, 2014
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
You said, quote, "If you received eternal life NOW, you would NEVER die......" End quote.
Hey dumb dumb. You finally got it.
You said, quote, "Age to come, OLDJG....as in resurrection.....second life.....Mark 10:30" End quote.
Our second life is ETERNAL LIFE. Have you ever heard this expression?
Born once......die twice.
Born twice..... die once.
That is salvation 101 in a nutshell.
What do you do about John 3:36, "Whoever believes in the Son has eternal life; whoever does not obey the Son shall not see life, but the wrath of God remains on him."
How about John 5:24, "Truly, truly, I say to you, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life. He does not come into judgment, but has passed from death to life."
How about John 6:40, "For this is the will of my Father, that everyone who looks on the Son and believes in him should have eternal life, and I will raise him up on the last day.”
How about John 6:47, "Truly, truly, I say to you, whoever believes has eternal life."
I could go on and on and on. We received eternal life when we accept Jesus as our Lord and Savior and our name is written in the Lambs book of Life.
Look at your scriptures, OLDJG....

***but has passed from death to life."

Physical death into eternal life.......

*** <<<<<should have eternal life,>>>>> and I will raise him up on the last day.”

should have..........are you working towards that goal???

What are we eagerly waiting, OLDJG???

Romans 8:22-23

22 We know that the whole creation has been groaning as in the pains of childbirth right up to the present time.

23 Not only so, but we ourselves, who have the firstfruits of the Spirit,~~~~~groan inwardly as we wait eagerly for our adoption to sonship, the redemption of our bodies.~~~~~

***groan inwardly as we WAIT eagerly for our ADOPTION to sonship, the redemption of our bodies......

world to come........resurrection......
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#531397 Apr 23, 2014
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
You said, quote, "If you received eternal life NOW, you would NEVER die......" End quote.
Hey dumb dumb. You finally got it.
You said, quote, "Age to come, OLDJG....as in resurrection.....second life.....Mark 10:30" End quote.
Our second life is ETERNAL LIFE. Have you ever heard this expression?
Born once......die twice.
Born twice..... die once.
That is salvation 101 in a nutshell.
What do you do about John 3:36, "Whoever believes in the Son has eternal life; whoever does not obey the Son shall not see life, but the wrath of God remains on him."
How about John 5:24, "Truly, truly, I say to you, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life. He does not come into judgment, but has passed from death to life."
How about John 6:40, "For this is the will of my Father, that everyone who looks on the Son and believes in him should have eternal life, and I will raise him up on the last day.”
How about John 6:47, "Truly, truly, I say to you, whoever believes has eternal life."
I could go on and on and on. We received eternal life when we accept Jesus as our Lord and Savior and our name is written in the Lambs book of Life.
OLDJG.....

I guess as a so-called deacon, you don't understand that eternal life is our "future hope" given at judgment.

Matthew 25:46

46 “Then they will go away to eternal punishment, but the righteous to eternal life.”
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#531398 Apr 23, 2014
sorry for the double posts

Albuquerque, NM

#531399 Apr 23, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I have as much fear of spending eternity in Christian hell as you do of spending eternity in Islam's hell.
And you know you have no fear of Islam's hell, because you also know that you don't believe it exists ... RIGHT Robert???
"Hell" is a construct of men.

"The modern English word Hell is derived from Old English hel, helle (about 725 AD to refer to a nether world of the dead)"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hell

No wonder you are afraid.

Albuquerque, NM

#531400 Apr 23, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, well, I don't consider being accused of worshiping Mary, the saints and idols a matter of semantics.
I disregard those as misinformation on behalf of those promoting such.

Self is again involved, huh?
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>Would calling you a tree hugging, murder approving, abortion supporting, homosexual sex approving, drug taking old hippie also just be a matter of semantics?
No - those don't apply to me, thus they aren't semantics.

I understand, you must be wanting those things to be true since you are mentioning such categories. Why?
marge

Leesburg, GA

#531401 Apr 23, 2014
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Look at your scriptures, OLDJG....
***but has passed from death to life."
Physical death into eternal life.......
*** <<<<<should have eternal life,>>>>> and I will raise him up on the last day.”
should have..........are you working towards that goal???
What are we eagerly waiting, OLDJG???
Romans 8:22-23
22 We know that the whole creation has been groaning as in the pains of childbirth right up to the present time.
23 Not only so, but we ourselves, who have the firstfruits of the Spirit,~~~~~groan inwardly as we wait eagerly for our adoption to sonship, the redemption of our bodies.~~~~~
***groan inwardly as we WAIT eagerly for our ADOPTION to sonship, the redemption of our bodies......
world to come........resurrection......
'are you working towards that goal???'

Well there it is folks, that is a false gospel Hank, we do not work for that goal, Salvation is a Gift.

Since: Feb 14

Location hidden

#531402 Apr 23, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Surely you jest!
Do you have fear that you will not go to Islam's Paradise???
"NO!" you say??? I didn't think so.
Well it's as real to me as is your Christian heaven ... which is ... not real at all!
You're struggling with that ain't you ? you seem very Angry at something you don't believe in.. We all are different branches (Religion ) or what not, of the same Vine. them crazy @$$ branches (Us) spring out in every direct..Still the Main Goal of the Branches, is to Serve the Vine..
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#531403 Apr 23, 2014
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
Well there it is folks, that is a false gospel Hank, we do not work for that goal, Salvation is a Gift.
Marge, Marge, Marge.......

LOL.......

You just have it with the word "work"

How about the words "press on" to the goal????

Philippians 3:13-15

13 Brothers and sisters, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining ~~~toward what is ahead,~~~

14 I *press on* toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.

15 All of us, then, who are mature should take such a view of things. And if on some point you think differently, that too God will make clear to you.

Not that I have already obtained all this, or have already arrived at my goal, but I press on to take hold of that for which Christ Jesus took hold of me.

Are we not pursing the prize, Marge???

Location hidden

#531404 Apr 23, 2014
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
you certainly have a problem understanding the Scriptures.

And there went great multitudes with him: and he turned, and said unto them,

26 If any man come to me, and hate not his father, and mother, and wife, and children, and brethren, and sisters, yea, and his own life also, he cannot be my disciple.

27 And whosoever doth not bear his cross, and come after me, cannot be my disciple.

28 For which of you, intending to build a tower, sitteth not down first, and counteth the cost, whether he have sufficient to finish it?

29 Lest haply, after he hath laid the foundation, and is not able to finish it, all that behold it begin to mock him,

30 Saying, This man began to build, and was not able to finish.

that is Word, marge and it is the Word coming straight from Jesus.

Building is WORK. in the 29th verse, the foundation is laid(Salvation) and then that person must continue or else the WORK is not finished(Lost Salvation)

just because you don't understand, doesn't take away what is said in the Bible.

the answer for you is obvious, get Saved and God will take that serpentine tongue away from you
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#531405 Apr 23, 2014
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
Marge,

Was the Apostle Paul "pressing on" towards the goal???

The Apostle Paul knew that he had not reached his ultimate goal.....

but.....

he also knew that he had not reached the end of the race.

Since: Feb 14

Location hidden

#531406 Apr 23, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Scrooges in religion believe they go to heaven and others go to hell.
That belief is "relentless."
I believe that all others deserve equal treatment to me ... whatever the treatment will be.
I like listening to you, doesn't mean that I agree with you.. I do not believe in organized religion myself. so many bad things have been done in the name of organized religion..Fronted by Jesus. Such a Loss..One only buys into their Conception of God, when it's clearly mentioned, that one can connect with him on a personal level..

Location hidden

#531407 Apr 23, 2014
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
you can get away with calling hank and myself names but not Jesus, His words condemn you.

John 14:12

King James Version (KJV)

12 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father.

since you don't believe that a Christian should work, you are calling Jesus a Liar. you are like the Israelites who went to Bethel for the feasts, but there was no transformation down deep in your soul, and it showed with your attitude towards two very good people. even oldjg and oxbore never stooped as low as you did
Chess Jurist

Columbus, OH

#531408 Apr 23, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Go hiss under your favorite rock...snake...
I blame your upbringing for such outbursts.

“YESHUA IS LORD”

Since: Apr 07

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#531409 Apr 23, 2014
atemcowboy wrote:
Anthony keeps saying that we who are called by God to Preach have NO authority, so where does he get the authority to declare God WRONG?
the god satan that he and his church follows has not that authority
Many of you false prophets are called. Only a true man of God is actually CHOSEN. There is a difference between being CALLED AND ACTUALLY CHOSEN. You may have been called but you definitely were NOT chosen. The last time I was here I tried you by the word of God which is tha only authority by which we can try a false,lying prophet. You were unable to...... BY THE WORD OF GOD,..... provide proof of the lie you told about Mary and Elizabeth being related by marriage only. YOU MADE THAT LIE UP. You would make a great Catholic member.

“YESHUA IS LORD”

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#531410 Apr 23, 2014
Yes spirits,I am back,LOL.

Location hidden

#531411 Apr 23, 2014
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Marge,
Was the Apostle Paul "pressing on" towards the goal???
The Apostle Paul knew that he had not reached his ultimate goal.....
but.....
he also knew that he had not reached the end of the race.
she doesn't know enough to understand.

Our "work" for the Lord is determined by our "walk" in the Lord. If we are not "walking" in His light, we are not doing any "work" for Him.

she is a very confused person who is thinking that we are talking about our Salvation, only. she just doesn't know as she very seldom sets foot in a church and it shows on this Forum

“YESHUA IS LORD”

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#531412 Apr 23, 2014
Atemcowboy,I was speaking to a colleague, a sister of mine and I was telling her about our discussion and how I was trying to teach you guys about Christ being anointyed to serve after the order of Melchizadek and how actually so called preachers had no understanding of this about Christ serving after the order of Melchizadek.

She stated that she was surprised that someone that called themselves an actual preacher had a problem with Christ serving as HIGH PRIEST AS WELL AS KING after the order of Melchizadek.
She stated that most likely you are one of those so called preachers that Satan has placed i the church to be a deceiving spirit. She pointed out to me which I was already aware of that many of Satans servants are disguised as ministers of righteousness. So when you try them by the word of God as I have done you, they will draw up like a prune.
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#531413 Apr 23, 2014
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
OLDJG.....
I guess as a so-called deacon, you don't understand that eternal life is our "future hope" given at judgment.
Matthew 25:46
46 “Then they will go away to eternal punishment, but the righteous to eternal life.”
John 17:3, "And this is eternal life, that they know you the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom you have sent."

You don't have a clue what Matthew 25:46 is talking about. Read it once without your ignorant prejudice.

Matthew 25:46, "And these will go away into eternal punishment, but the righteous into eternal life.”

Who are the righteous? Those who have place their faith in Jesus Christ. Romans 3:22, "This righteousness is given through faith in Jesus Christ to all who believe. There is no difference between Jew and Gentile."

Try to catch up Hank. You are way, way behind.

Location hidden

#531414 Apr 23, 2014
Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text>Many of you false prophets are called. Only a true man of God is actually CHOSEN. There is a difference between being CALLED AND ACTUALLY CHOSEN. You may have been called but you definitely were NOT chosen. The last time I was here I tried you by the word of God which is tha only authority by which we can try a false,lying prophet. You were unable to...... BY THE WORD OF GOD,..... provide proof of the lie you told about Mary and Elizabeth being related by marriage only. YOU MADE THAT LIE UP. You would make a great Catholic member.
chosen?lol. March 1955, my grandfather dies and a few mintues later, he was restored to life and called me to his bed and there he told me that he ahd been sent back by the "greats in heaven" to tell me that I ahd a job to do for the Lord.

almost ten years later, on my way to the fields of Vietnam, I was almost killed, and yet to survive fro many years after.

in 1982, leaving a life that was missing something, I cried out to the Lord and asked Him this question.

when am I going to do that Job for you? and he answered me, and a few days later, at an altar I gave my life to Him.

knowing all of this as I do, why should I pay any attention to a person of your lower moral standards. standards that God hates.

On Easter Sunday night, I stood in a pulpit for the first time, and as I read the Word, His Spirit fell on me and anointed me. God bless that night as a woman came back to the Lord and soon after brought her son. a few years after that, that son stood in my pulpit and Preached one of his first messages.

you are to late, I quit listening to the devil many years ago but sometimes like now he(read you) whispers in my ear, but knowing God, I know that he(you) is a liar.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 9 min Insults Are Easier 122,808
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 12 min RiccardoFire 6,655
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr Gabriel 982,161
____ POPE & ISRAEL Agreement :: *7 YR TRIB ____ 2 hr NewsJune2017 YTube 1
!!!Stop Global GENOCIDE for OIL 2 hr Hiddn Numbrz 3
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 4 hr bad bob 184,861
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 5 hr onemale 286,430
More from around the web