Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 559,275
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story

“Credulity is not a virtue”

Since: Apr 09

San Francisco

#531029 Apr 22, 2014
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>sorry, but they are very clear.
The Bible is always clear to each believer who reads it. The problem is that none of them can agree with each other over what it obviously and clearly says.
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#531030 Apr 22, 2014
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
Had the Bible been written clearly in a way that everyone could understand then that might be evidence for it being inspired by a deity with an interest in humans. As it is, the Bible is it's own worst witness.
....Two religious groups believing in the same Savior, both groups use the very same supposed inspired words of God to verify their own conflicting doctrines.

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#531031 Apr 22, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Probably why marge, Oxbow and OldJG think they can behave as they do and it won't matter....
of ALL the people on here, only two people treated rose and nick with much disdain. one on your side and the other(marge) out in left field.
hojo

Chanhassen, MN

#531032 Apr 22, 2014
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
....too bad in 325 CE they decided to dismiss half of him.
Anti -Catholic heresies have "come and gone" for over 1800 years beginning with the Arian Heresies.......... Nothing new !!!!......In fact, "self appointed-man made Protestant preachers , including Atheists and Agnostics (on this forum) have been picking up where the Arian Heresies left off!!!
christian

Chino Hills, CA

#531033 Apr 22, 2014
new ask website where you submit a picture regarding question check it out
http://lostlinker.com/

Since: Sep 13

Location hidden

#531034 Apr 22, 2014
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>As a so-called Christian you know nothing of the Law of Christ.

As a so-called Christian you do not know the commands of Jesus

As a so-called Christian you should know that ONCE SAVED ALWAYS SAVED began with God saving Noah and is extended to all those who believe.

When you chastise someone you should make sure you know of what you speak. From this day forward you can speak to others but do not speak to me. Do you understand?
So you will be a protester the rest of your life?
Anthony MN

Saint Paul, MN

#531035 Apr 22, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
I never said such...you are grasping at straws....I said if your pedophile cadre had not ignored Scripture, I would still be on the broad road that leads to destruction....
Not sure why you think 3 marriages, 2 divorces and an excommunication is gonna put you in any better standing before God than a pedophile priest. The only difference I can see is that if the priest confesses and repents of his horrible crime, he'll be forgiven. You, on the other hand, continue to live gleefully in your adulterous relationship...good luck with all that. I guess the only consolation is that your nice SBC pastor who lied to you may be down there with you...

“Credulity is not a virtue”

Since: Apr 09

San Francisco

#531036 Apr 22, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
....Two religious groups believing in the same Savior, both groups use the very same supposed inspired words of God to verify their own conflicting doctrines.
Exactly. And both groups fighting over a deity that judges you not for how moral a life you live, but for what you believe. And believe without proof no less.
Gods R Delusions x Mine

Orlando, FL

#531037 Apr 22, 2014
StarC wrote:
<quoted text>
Hitler was the most motorist killer of all time!
"As a group, Catholics are roughly similar to the general public on education and income, according to aggregated data from 2012 surveys in our “’Nones’ on the Rise” report. About three-in-ten Catholics have at least a college degree (29%), the same percentage as the general public overall. About 32% of Catholics have an annual family income of at least $75,000, compared with 29% of the general public."
Pew Research
Average, no better, no worse than Protestants.

Mormons and Jews seem to have the edge on Christians in general.

Who has the truth again?

Me!

Ramen
Anthony MN

Saint Paul, MN

#531038 Apr 22, 2014
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>Ros, it is NOT that they cannot come back, they probably could(I wouldn't know what sins have been committed in that absence), but the Bible speaks of a hardened heart, a heart that doesn't want to come back, not only that, they can grieve the holy Spirit and make Him feel unwelcome and He never deals with their heart again. I have spoke of this before but I will speak of it again for you. a man[ distant relative] was dealt with by the Lord and told Him that He didn't want anything to do with Him. God believed him and never spoke to him for years. My cousin started Pastoring a church near him and the man started coming and did for years. one night as I went there, God told me to go back and speak to him and tell him that He loved him. that man began to come more and a few weeks later, went to the altar and got Saved.
My cousin preached his funeral shortly thereafter. he got another chance, but God isn't bound to give us more than ONE chance.
"seventy times seven..."
Anthony MN

Saint Paul, MN

#531039 Apr 22, 2014
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly. And both groups fighting over a deity that judges you not for how moral a life you live, but for what you believe. And believe without proof no less.
Not true. In either case.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#531040 Apr 22, 2014
[who="wilderide" <quoted text>
The Bible is always clear to each believer who reads it. The problem is that none of them can agree with each other over what it obviously and clearly says.

----------
And I suppose that you can explain "what it obviously and clearly says"?

KayMarie

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#531041 Apr 22, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
"seventy times seven..."
that is what Jesus told for us to do but no verse in the Bible will indicate that God will forgive us that much.

if you quote a verse, try and make it relevant to the discussion, and Biblical accurate
Liam

Saint Paul, MN

#531042 Apr 22, 2014
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
Had the Bible been written clearly in a way that everyone could understand then that might be evidence for it being inspired by a deity with an interest in humans. As it is, the Bible is it's own worst witness.
Jesus didnt start a Book, he started a Church, and they are clear in their teachings on Scripture. These new protestants are just reading it the wrong way.
The Catholic Church does not require us to have blind faith, but faith + reason and logic.
Liam

Saint Paul, MN

#531043 Apr 22, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
...Feeling insecure? Need a hug?.........oh you forgot about all the negative comments you make about others on this forum......its coming around....Its KARMA...
WOW! Must be very important if you have to post to Anthony. That's a rare occurrence.
Well no one posts to you, that's why u butt into everyone's conversations...... June Vandermichael!

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#531044 Apr 22, 2014
[who="RoSesz" <quoted text>
So these are saved people, Jewish??, who turn from Christ in Sin. Or go back to the priests and laws...and are UNABLE to repent ?? Hardened hearts??
Those verses are confusing

----------
Don't let that verse confuse you. Read 2 Pe 3:15 And count the patience of our Lord as salvation, just as our beloved brother Paul also wrote to you according to the wisdom given him,
2Pe 3:16 as he does in all his letters when he speaks in them of these matters. THERE ARE SOME THINGS IN THEM THAT ARE HARD TO UNDERSTAND, which the ignorant and unstable twist to their own destruction, as they do the other Scriptures.

Look to God for understanding, and He will give it to you. There is nothing impossible with God..
He will make this plain to you. Just don't depend on the various 'opinions' of those who do not understand.(God IS NOT cruel. He is not willing that any should perish.)

KayMarie

Location hidden

#531045 Apr 22, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Not sure why you think 3 marriages, 2 divorces and an excommunication is gonna put you in any better standing before God than a pedophile priest. The only difference I can see is that if the priest confesses and repents of his horrible crime, he'll be forgiven. You, on the other hand, continue to live gleefully in your adulterous relationship...good luck with all that. I guess the only consolation is that your nice SBC pastor who lied to you may be down there with you...
You know diddly...My first and second wives have since died....my current wife's husband has also died.....my marriage can be blessed...I can receive communion after confession...but that will never happen....

I am, definitely, a new creature: Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.

Repeat: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.
LTM

Sudbury, Canada

#531046 Apr 22, 2014
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>Ros. for every rule, there is an exception. it happens that some people leave and like Demas don't want to come back to Jesus. the love of the world is something they don't want to give up, and God will not make them, which is why it is impossible(God gives us freewill} for God to FORCE us to come back.
if God forced ALL of us, then He would have just made robots in the First place
I had it in my mind I had to change before God would accept me, I wonder how many other people have that mind set.
When they can't change they walk away from God, I had a ground shaking Holy Spirit experience when I asked Christ to be my Lord and Savior. There was no mistaking what was happening to me , the Holy Spirit was all over me and in me.
I was Baptized in water a couple of months later, then the crying started , must have cried for a month.
I can't tell you why I backslid, I just rebelled for selfish reasons, I wanted to do what I wanted to do.
Let me tell you I didn't have much fun doing what I wanted to do.
I had another wonderful experience sitting at my kitchen table, I was praying and just worshipping the Lord, I don't care if people thinks I am silly it happened , Jesus came to me and lifted me from my chair and hugged me to His chest .
So I believe you when you tell me about your wonderful times with God Preston.

Location hidden

#531047 Apr 22, 2014
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus didnt start a Book, he started a Church, and they are clear in their teachings on Scripture. These new protestants are just reading it the wrong way.
The Catholic Church does not require us to have blind faith, but faith + reason and logic.
Oh great one!!!! Tell me what definition you are putting on the word "faith"....you should know...you say you got it!!!
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#531048 Apr 22, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
You know diddly...My first and second wives have since died....my current wife's husband has also died.....my marriage can be blessed...I can receive communion after confession...but that will never happen....
I am, definitely, a new creature: Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.
Repeat: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.
..,He always talks smack about anyone not perfect like him. He is the mini me God.......of the catholic church.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 4 min Hukt on Fonix 774,736
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 4 min hick-up 604,894
The World Will End On May 21, 2011 (Aug '08) 16 min Senecus 16,452
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 19 min andet1987 5,096
Last Word + 2 27 min andet1987 975
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 27 min WasteWater 96,737
3 Word Game (Feb '12) 29 min andet1987 4,457
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 30 min WasteWater 265,057
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 1 hr WildWeirdWillie 175,592
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 4 hr joe 441,761