Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 701828 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#531200 Apr 23, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
The truth...per Scripture..
IV. Salvation
Salvation involves the redemption of the whole man, and is offered freely to all who accept Jesus Christ as Lord and Saviour, who by His own blood obtained eternal redemption for the believer. In its broadest sense salvation includes regeneration, justification, sanctification, and glorification. There is no salvation apart from personal faith in Jesus Christ as Lord.
A. Regeneration, or the new birth, is a work of God's grace whereby believers become new creatures in Christ Jesus. It is a change of heart wrought by the Holy Spirit through conviction of sin, to which the sinner responds in repentance toward God and faith in the Lord Jesus Christ. Repentance and faith are inseparable experiences of grace.
Repentance is a genuine turning from sin toward God. Faith is the acceptance of Jesus Christ and commitment of the entire personality to Him as Lord and Saviour.
B. Justification is God's gracious and full acquittal upon principles of His righteousness of all sinners who repent and believe in Christ. Justification brings the believer unto a relationship of peace and favor with God.
C. Sanctification is the experience, beginning in regeneration, by which the believer is set apart to God's purposes, and is enabled to progress toward moral and spiritual maturity through the presence and power of the Holy Spirit dwelling in him. Growth in grace should continue throughout the regenerate person's life.
D. Glorification is the culmination of salvation and is the final blessed and abiding state of the redeemed.
Genesis 3:15; Exodus 3:14-17; 6:2-8; Matthew 1:21; 4:17; 16:21-26; 27:22-28:6; Luke 1:68-69; 2:28-32; John 1:11-14,29; 3:3-21,36; 5:24; 10:9,28-29; 15:1-16; 17:17; Acts 2:21; 4:12; 15:11; 16:30-31; 17:30-31; 20:32; Romans 1:16-18; 2:4; 3:23-25; 4:3ff.; 5:8-10; 6:1-23; 8:1-18,29-39; 10:9-10,13; 13:11-14; 1 Corinthians 1:18,30; 6:19-20; 15:10; 2 Corinthians 5:17-20; Galatians 2:20; 3:13; 5:22-25; 6:15; Ephesians 1:7; 2:8-22; 4:11-16; Philippians 2:12-13; Colossians 1:9-22; 3:1ff.; 1 Thessalonians 5:23-24; 2 Timothy 1:12; Titus 2:11-14; Hebrews 2:1-3; 5:8-9; 9:24-28; 11:1-12:8,14; James 2:14-26; 1 Peter 1:2-23; 1 John 1:6-2:11; Revelation 3:20; 21:1-22:5.
If, per your misunderstanding, see Scripture that contradicts this teaching, you fave a fallible Bible..
Thanks Yoda. My bible has all those passages in it and I believe all of them, so I guess I'm good to go. No?
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#531201 Apr 23, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
The bible doesn' t "say" anything. And as the brutal history of religion proves ... human word-USERS have said far too MUCH.
Correct. I should have said "the bible contains the phrase "baptism saves you.""
June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#531202 Apr 23, 2014
"Why do you trust words written in the bible by men?"

Christian ... "Because it makes me feel powerful to believe I can know the mind of God and teach other people what God expects them to believe and how to behave."

"What if you are misleading your self and others?"

"I don't go there. I'm having too much fun to ask my self that question."

Chuck

Dublin, OH

#531203 Apr 23, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe and have professed exactly as the passages you quoted. Is that not enough?
Chuck, let's assume for the sake of argument that you were born into a protestant family and they believed baptism didn't do anything. At 3 months old were you saved? Would you have gone straight to heaven if you had died? Where does the bible say this?
Let's say I was baptized at 4 weeks and then died. Would I have gone to hell?
I can assure you that our Christian formation as children and young adults is very similar as it pertains to professing our faith and asking Christ into our lives. As a 7 year old I believed in my heart and professed with my lips salvation through Christ as per Romans 10:9. I have never doubted it since.
Can you tell me how I'm not saved even though I've done everything exactly as you quoted from the bible?
If your salvation process started at 3 months old, why did you have to profess Romans 10:9 at 7years old?

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#531204 Apr 23, 2014
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>I think that you have grasped the concept of the word {impossible] in that verse. for we know that the Bible says that nothing is impossible with God.
I am firm believer that if judas had repented to God instead of the Comission, he would have been saved, but judas looked to the world(Sanhedrin) for his forgiveness and salvation.
maybe I am wrong, but I like to think that I am not.
Preston

Peace

Judas, and Lot's wife, looked to the world and paid the price. Both of them rather quickly. I suppose for me I think about their guilt, not so much as a weight, but what it did implosively to their soul.

I think the guilt, is like carrying around the darkness which absorbs the life from the soul....And in a sense, God allowed quickly for Judas and Lot's wife that the flesh could not endure.

Peace
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#531205 Apr 23, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually it's not me who says baptism saves, it's the bible. But neither the bible nor the Catholic Church says that's ALL one need do to be saved.
Forget baptism, I believe and have professed per Romans 10:9. What else must I do chuck? How am I different for believing and professing per Romans?
I guess what it comes down to Tony is the fact that you are catholic. That's why folks question your faith. K?

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#531206 Apr 23, 2014
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
You Atemcowboy are just "another one" of the 42,000+(self-appointed) bible only judgemental preachers that has decided " on your own" as to who is a Christian and who is not, who is saved and who is not, and who is going to heaven and who is not ----THUS--- releasing God from HIS responsibility. This is what happens bible verse (self-interpreting) heretics like you distort, twist, pervert, attack and mis-quote over 2000 years of the True bible interpretation that was given to "every Christian" to be read in the vernacular by the a Early Church Fathers in 382,393 and 397 AD. Bible self -proclaimed???? "experts like you" ----eventually "self destruct" because God "never was" nor "ever will be" the author of your contradicting, confusion and chaos!!!
~~~
Hojo
Rev_22:17 And the Spirit and the bride say, Come. And let him that heareth say, Come. And let him that is athirst come. And whosoever will, let him take the water of life freely.

Since: Feb 14

Location hidden

#531207 Apr 23, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
You just don't WANT to see that if you were born into Islam, you would be preaching that ONLY through FAITH in the Mahdi would anyone be ABLE to be saved.
Salvation is a trick of the trade in all those ancient religions. Yours is only special to YOU.
Wrong June! I get exactly what you're saying, but it's Irrelevent what Religion one is in, it doesn't change Jesus message and promise for all. The meaning of his message to me, is far different than someone that is in religious organizations. Jesus is not a Corporation..
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#531208 Apr 23, 2014
Protestants:

I confess that Jesus Christ is my Lord and Savior and believe with all my heart that God raised Him from the dead.

Am I not saved?
Michael

Canada

#531209 Apr 23, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
To a Muslim, all Christians are "counterfeit" as they can't make the grade to Islam's salvation.
Religion is THAT way. It wants to push others aside and possess center stage for arrogant SELF!
....simply because by chance you were born into that family that shares that view.

.....If ReginaM. by chance was born into a loving Jewish or Muslim family she wouldn't' give a damn about Anthony, Dust Storm, Hojo and Liam.

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#531210 Apr 23, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
If a god chose to create you, you never had free will.
If a god chose to create Adam and Eve, they also never had free will.
If a god chose to make rules for you to follow, you never had free will.
If a god rejects you to hell for not following his rules, you never had free will.
June

You forget, God created human beings with free-will. It is our choice to deny this.

Therefore, having choice, you have free-will.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#531211 Apr 23, 2014
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
If your salvation process started at 3 months old, why did you have to profess Romans 10:9 at 7years old?
Who said I HAD to? If I didn't believe, I wouldn't have professed it.

How am I not saved Chuck?
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#531212 Apr 23, 2014
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess what it comes down to Tony is the fact that you are catholic. That's why folks question your faith. K?
Lol. What a cop out.

Where does the bible say:

".. if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved, unless your Catholic."
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#531213 Apr 23, 2014
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
I say you are not saved because of the way you told me your were saved. No 3 month old child is saved at baptism on the faith of their parents.
This is not biblical and the catholic argument is just because it's not biblical doesn't make it false. Really??? That's your argument????
Chuck,

First, a person has to realize WHAT they being saved from???
Gods R Delusions x Mine

Orlando, FL

#531214 Apr 23, 2014
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
June
You forget, God created human beings with free-will. It is our choice to deny this.
Therefore, having choice, you have free-will.
Free will is based on knowledge of the choice.

The concept itself with respect to God is absurd.

Albert Einstein by his free will determined that there is no personal God. Einstein rejected your idea of God.

Did Albert Einstein freely choose to go to Hell?

“Evolved hunter/gatherer”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#531215 Apr 23, 2014
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
I can use some humor - please post the link!
:o)
Just do a web search by inputting 'Father Guido Sarducci paying for sins', and you will get a choice of videos from his Saturday Night Live routine on the matter. I laughed then and it is still funny.
marge

Leesburg, GA

#531216 Apr 23, 2014
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Chuck,
First, a person has to realize WHAT they being saved from???
Well according to most of you their not being saved from being unsaved.

“Evolved hunter/gatherer”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#531217 Apr 23, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
.......If someone is disgruntled today, what was their condition before? Were they gruntled. What is the opposite view of disgruntled? Is it gruntled. Have you ever been gruntled?
"Have you ever been gruntled?"
Yes, and I understood every gruntle she made, and why too. She was very thankful. So was I.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#531218 Apr 23, 2014
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
I say you are not saved because of the way you told me your were saved. No 3 month old child is saved at baptism on the faith of their parents.
This is not biblical and the catholic argument is just because it's not biblical doesn't make it false. Really??? That's your argument????
Chuck,

Why did God condemn the world???

Why did God send His Son???

What is man's problem???

What separates us from our God???

Then a person needs to understand the physical from the spiritual....

And, remember, HEART and CONSCIENCE...

And, NO, a 3 month old baby has NO knowledge of this....
Gods R Delusions x Mine

Orlando, FL

#531219 Apr 23, 2014
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Which folks question?

You use their holy book, duh!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 10 min Richard The Lion... 81,012
O.J. Nicole & MARCUS: Fatal Attraction 20 min Doctor REALITY 9
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 39 min Sammy 448,429
There is Everything Wrong with Abortion (Nov '07) 48 min Sammy 223,326
should male cheerleaders wear cheerleading skir... (Mar '14) 2 hr Ryan 21
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 hr Prince of Darkness 995,847
Democrats Are Communists, Believe Me 5 hr Prince of Darkness 2