Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 679024 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#531088 Apr 22, 2014
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Okay. That makes more sense,...I know,God does not force anyone ..even Adam and,Eve ...so the,impossibility is with them not turning back..not with God's,mercy?? If they do??
The way this,passage,is,worded,has been confusing each time,it comes,up...Thanks,
I think that you have grasped the concept of the word {impossible] in that verse. for we know that the Bible says that nothing is impossible with God.

I am firm believer that if judas had repented to God instead of the Comission, he would have been saved, but judas looked to the world(Sanhedrin) for his forgiveness and salvation.

maybe I am wrong, but I like to think that I am not.
truth

Australia

#531089 Apr 22, 2014
entire Russia and around country will be converted

its written long time ago as secrets

they returning in church will be more and more
does meter what media try do or say
Liam

Saint Paul, MN

#531090 Apr 22, 2014
Mike_Peterson wrote:
<quoted text>
So true. Only 10% of the world could read before the printing press I'm 1470.
How dumb of a God would we have to leave a book on charge.
A book. Think about that. Protesters worship a book. A Catholic book at that.
I hear ya. God would be mean to give us a way to be saved, but require Bible reading when hardly any one could read.
I saw somewhere, that if Christians really had the complete "Bible" manuscripts during the first 300 yrs, it would have been about 32 feet long and as high as a house, depending on the condition of the papyrus plant. That's a big Bible. Could you imagine someone rummaging through the pile to figure out the faith......"hey man, John 6:63 says the flesh profits nothing, go tell the others"...lol
I don't have the forced ignorance that's required to be a born againer protestant

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#531091 Apr 22, 2014
truth wrote:
God is full of Mercy!
Is that why he allows the devil and hell in his "kingdom" for those that piss him off???

Religion is silly stuff indeed!

Prince George, Canada

#531092 Apr 22, 2014
truth wrote:
entire Russia and around country will be converted
its written long time ago as secrets
I suggest that if you know it, it's not a secret.

:)

"Only a few of us WISE ones know it."

Hilarious!

Location hidden

#531093 Apr 22, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
You know diddly...if I was not repentant...this would never have happened...I am, definitely, a new creature: Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.
Repeat: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.
That pedophile "priest" is still chasing the little boys around the altar....
finally I agree with you. you are a creature, the problem is that none of us know how much a [vile] creature that you are.

two wives that you were married to are now dead. is your last name Peterson or whoever killed his two wives?

you certainly seem qualified to dispatch someone who doesn't agree with you.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#531094 Apr 22, 2014
confrinting with the word wrote:
[who="RoSesz" <quoted text>
So these are saved people, Jewish??, who turn from Christ in Sin. Or go back to the priests and laws...and are UNABLE to repent ?? Hardened hearts??
Those verses are confusing
----------
Don't let that verse confuse you. Read 2 Pe 3:15 And count the patience of our Lord as salvation, just as our beloved brother Paul also wrote to you according to the wisdom given him,
2Pe 3:16 as he does in all his letters when he speaks in them of these matters. THERE ARE SOME THINGS IN THEM THAT ARE HARD TO UNDERSTAND, which the ignorant and unstable twist to their own destruction, as they do the other Scriptures.
Look to God for understanding, and He will give it to you. There is nothing impossible with God..
He will make this plain to you. Just don't depend on the various 'opinions' of those who do not understand.(God IS NOT cruel. He is not willing that any should perish.)
KayMarie
Amen..and thanks ..Yes this quote has always seemed troubling in light of God's mercy and wanting none to perish.

I know some folks turn away , maybe after a loved one dies or a questioning of faith..or from temptation, but if we truly have the Spirit , I believe He convicts US or calls us to return...maybe to using others as Preston said, or if we are at all open , the still small voice , or even into brokenness ..I believe He uses many ways until we return or turn totally away ...

Since: Feb 14

Location hidden

#531095 Apr 22, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
So the Muslims are right to believe that without the Mahdi there can BE no salvation???
They will be happy to know that they are right.
It's what they believe. My point is June, No one knows the will or ways of God , each Individual would be about as right as the next. According to the OT, he is a vengeful God, NT love.. Go Figure. Seems like you're twisting what I am saying..
LTM

Sudbury, Canada

#531096 Apr 22, 2014
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>I think that you have grasped the concept of the word {impossible] in that verse. for we know that the Bible says that nothing is impossible with God.
I am firm believer that if judas had repented to God instead of the Comission, he would have been saved, but judas looked to the world(Sanhedrin) for his forgiveness and salvation.
maybe I am wrong, but I like to think that I am not.
I BELIEVE YOU ARE RIGHT PRESTON, I have always thought of it that way myself.

Peter denied Jesus, Thomas doubted Jesus , they were forgiven so why didn't Judas, it is as you said he didn't repent to God.
Judas went to another way, and there is only one way through Jesus.

Location hidden

#531097 Apr 22, 2014
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
I hear ya. God would be mean to give us a way to be saved, but require Bible reading when hardly any one could read.
I saw somewhere, that if Christians really had the complete "Bible" manuscripts during the first 300 yrs, it would have been about 32 feet long and as high as a house, depending on the condition of the papyrus plant. That's a big Bible. Could you imagine someone rummaging through the pile to figure out the faith......"hey man, John 6:63 says the flesh profits nothing, go tell the others"...lol
I don't have the forced ignorance that's required to be a born againer protestant
many people could read centuries ago, the problem was that your church didn't want them to read or know what the Bible teaches since it shows how many falsehoods had crept in by your church.

Salvation thru Regeneration by the Holy Spirit was rendered useless since your church began to teach that salvation only came thru your useless sacraments.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#531098 Apr 22, 2014
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
And yet , God KNEW,this bible, his ,word would become at the place and time of His,choosing the most widely read and sold book in the world. Used as Primers in the New,World to teach children....

That portions,of scripture would be smuggled among persecuted people bringing His Word to dark places...

Prince George, Canada

#531099 Apr 22, 2014
The Catholics taught that Jesus came to be a Catholic, and that meant with a spin of words that "God" broke his covenant with the Jews when he first told them that they were his chosen few.

Jesus was a handy-man's "character" for the ex-Jew Catholics to USE to in turn vilify Judaism as being based on lies.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>

ROME SWEET HOME by Scott and Kimberly Hahn … our journey to Catholicism

In fact, after four years of studying the covenant, I determined that it was really the overarching theme of the Bible. Scripture was making more and more sense.

Location hidden

#531100 Apr 22, 2014
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Amen..and thanks ..Yes this quote has always seemed troubling in light of God's mercy and wanting none to perish.
I know some folks turn away , maybe after a loved one dies or a questioning of faith..or from temptation, but if we truly have the Spirit , I believe He convicts US or calls us to return...maybe to using others as Preston said, or if we are at all open , the still small voice , or even into brokenness ..I believe He uses many ways until we return or turn totally away ...
after that Church service and we were going home, my cousin asked me what I said to that man and I told him that God told me to go back and tell him that God still loved him and that was all that I said to him.

God requires that we be obedient to Him, and when we do, Blessings are given to us and others also.

Prince George, Canada

#531101 Apr 22, 2014
pusherman_ wrote:
<quoted text> It's what they believe. My point is June, No one knows the will or ways of God , each Individual would be about as right as the next. According to the OT, he is a vengeful God, NT love.. Go Figure. Seems like you're twisting what I am saying..
All gods were created by humans. The modern Wiccan goddess used to curse homosexuals,(according to her creator Gerald Gardner.) But once the bisexual Alex sanders changed her mind, the goddess learned to love everybody. She even loves Atheists according to the many authors of Wicca as it splits into more and more divisions.

If you don't see that gods are illusions created by theologians all to their own styles ... I suggest that you don't want to see.

Location hidden

#531102 Apr 22, 2014
going to bed and will leave you with this song by my nephew mark.

Prince George, Canada

#531103 Apr 22, 2014
Wacky theology

One day a creator came from nothing and said "I think I'll create a universe out of nothing.

I'll create animals on earth to suffer for my entertainment, so I won't be lonely."

Idiocy!

Prince George, Canada

#531104 Apr 22, 2014
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>after that Church service and we were going home, my cousin asked me what I said to that man and I told him that God told me to go back and tell him that God still loved him and that was all that I said to him.
God requires that we be obedient to Him, and when we do, Blessings are given to us and others also.
You people continually lie to your selves and others by claiming that only "God" knows who he loves, and then you proceed to preach to others that he loves them.

Religion is food for fools.

Prince George, Canada

#531105 Apr 22, 2014
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
And yet , God KNEW,this bible, his ,word would become at the place and time of His,choosing the most widely read and sold book in the world. Used as Primers in the New,World to teach children....
That portions,of scripture would be smuggled among persecuted people bringing His Word to dark places...
Yeah RIGHT!!!

According to the theology, Jesus studied his whole life to be a Jewish Rabbi just to jump into the river Jordon to be baptized by John as a Catholic.

And then Jesus followed Martin Luther into Protestantism.

And pigs fly too!

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#531106 Apr 22, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Good luck.
Not a bad face-saver......
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#531107 Apr 22, 2014
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>many people could read centuries ago, the problem was that your church didn't want them to read or know what the Bible teaches since it shows how many falsehoods had crept in by your church.
Salvation thru Regeneration by the Holy Spirit was rendered useless since your church began to teach that salvation only came thru your useless sacraments.
Your problem is you can't find anyone in Christian history until a few centuries ago who agrees with your peculiar take on baptism, and even then most of your protestant ancestors who were bible alone didn't.

I've asked you several times Preston to tell me who in history you would consider a Christian of your persuasion? Please don't disappoint me and pull an OldJG who ignores questions he's afraid to answer.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who's the best fighter: Jackie Chan, Bruce Lee,... (Jan '08) 41 min _KENTUCKY_ 585
Adult dating minors (Mar '09) 44 min 17_y-o_older_sister 27
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 44 min UMAKEWORLDPEACEUM... 119,087
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 2 hr UMAKEWORLDPEACEUM... 2,572
Illegal to hoard or store extra food under USA ... (Jun '08) 2 hr UMAKEWORLDPEACEUM... 28
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 2 hr UMAKEWORLDPEACEUM... 982,141
Melania Trump's hair shines in Saudi sun 3 hr UMAKEWORLDPEACEUM... 4
More from around the web