Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 548,489
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#530641 Apr 21, 2014
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
A Christian CANNOT become an accursed child. Not possible. God does not allow His children to be cursed. God is sovereign. No one has the power to curse one whom God has decided to bless. God is the only One able to pronounce judgment.
Those who do not love the Lord are accursed. The Apostle Paul wrote in I Corinthians 16:22,“If anyone does not love the Lord Jesus Christ, let him be accursed.”
Does a Christian, a saved person, a born again believer love the Lord Jesus Christ? Yes or No?
<quoted text>
Hebrews 10:38-39 is speaking to saved Jews. Verse "But we are not of them who draw back unto perdition; but of them that believe to the saving of the soul." (Hebrews 10:39) Those that "turned back into perdition were the Jew who professed Jesus Christ as Savior, but who were never saved. The Book of Hebrews was written to "Hebrews" as its title states. Many who had professed faith in Jesus Christ were looking for the Messiah to come and liberate them from the Romans and the persecution they were enduring. They had a false concept of who Jesus is and what He came to do. He did not come a a political leader, but as the Savior who died for the sins of the world. He came to redeem men from sin. Yes, in time He will fulfill the promises God has made to Israel, but only those who will be a part of that Kingdom (Millennial Kingdom) are those who are spiritually reborn in Jesus Christ. Saved people do not draw back into perdition. Hebrews 12:6-11 explains that the true child of God who turns from the truth and goes into sin will be chastened by the Lord. God says He chasten "every" child of His who goes into sin and refuses to repent. NEVER, DOES GOD SAY HE WILL WITHDRAW THEIR SALVATION. NEVER! In 1 Corinthians 11:29-30 explains that God chasten with sickness and death those who do not "discern" the body of Christ. That means those who live sinful lives not mindful that Jesus had to suffer for our every sin. 1 John 5:16-18 explains there is a sin unto death. God will take the life of a believer who refuses to repent and turn from their sin. 1 Corinthians 3:10-15 explains that a believer is saved, but if he does not live a godly life can lose any reward. He gets into heaven "as by fire" meaning by the skin of his teeth in a modern expression. This passage does not teach a saved person can be lost.
In a nut shell the answer to your question is that once a person believes they receive "eternal or everlasting" salvation. As 1 Peter 1:3-5 states we are kept by the power of God and as Jesus stated, "And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand." (John 10:28)
OldJG,

God will not force anyone to stay in the family of God.

Didn't the Apostle Peter turn back just briefly when he denied Christ???
marge

Ames, IA

#530642 Apr 21, 2014
Those men were inspired by God to write what they wrote.
truth

Perth, Australia

#530643 Apr 21, 2014
aj marko
sunce zarko
don't drink
never wink
just proply think

Goliath is great numbers as they liked be big as 83%
Did you see card which fly as sezame open yourself?

no
then
how you will know as ash when you smoke its known now

but 3x twisted as can be all lot
its not jokeee noooo
a majkulice valjaj c.okoooooooooo
kad se bulo izbije jao
nema punta
ko ce da punta
molim lijepooooooooo neki referi sa re;former
truth

Perth, Australia

#530644 Apr 21, 2014
see

its long way to know
marge

Ames, IA

#530645 Apr 21, 2014
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
OldJG,
You really need to get out of the false teachings of OSAS......
Hebrews accentuates the idea that faith is for the long haul for ALL Christians.
The just shall live by faith.
Are we not the just who shall live by faith, OldJG???
What if we decide not to live by faith anymore, OldJG???
Hebrews writer expresses confidence in their living by faith and in so doing encourages them to continue steadfastly in the life of a Christian.
What if the Christian decides to turn back to the their old ways??? Conform to the world???
God gives us the free will to make that choice.....
Can a Christian FALL out of LOVE with God???
YES!!!
Sounds to me like your faith rests in yourself Hank.
LTM

Sudbury, Canada

#530646 Apr 21, 2014
Is Allah a God of Love?

Wednesday, April 16, 2014

by Ben Edwards

It is common today to hear people talk about a God of love, often connected with the idea that all religions teach about a God of love. In a recent panel Q&A, I was asked “Can we call Allah a God of love?” My brief answer was no, since he is not portrayed that way in the Qur’an. For example, in the book God of Justice: A Study in the Ethical Doctrine of the Qur’an, Daud Rahbar, the late Professor Emeritus of Comparative Religions at Boston University, argues that the primary motivation for ethics given by the Qur’an is fear of God’s stern justice.

Though it is common to see fear as the essential motive for ethical behavior in Islam, it is uncommon to see that fear directed towards stern justice.“It is a fact well-recognized in scientific scholarship that Fear of God is the dominant sentiment in Qur’anic morality. But that the roots of this sentiment are in God’s stern justice and not in the preponderant malignance of the arbitrary will of a capricious sovereign is a fact scarcely recognized”(5). Thus, Rahbar sets out to demonstrate that the conception of God in the Qur’an is not of a capricious God, but of a God who enacts certain justice.

Though I am unconvinced that Rahbar conclusively destroys the idea of a capricious God in Islam, I did find his discussion on the absence of love in the Qur’an and the prominence of love in the Bible fascinating.

Nowhere [in the Qur’an] do we find the idea that God loves mankind. God’s love is conditional (172).

In Christianity Love becomes the essential motive principle of virtuous conduct. Why? The answer is simple. In Christianity God is, before anything else, the Father. His Love transencds His Justice. In Qur’anic thought Fear of God becomes the essential motive-principle of virtuous conduct. Why?… The answer to why fear-motive prevails in the Qur’an is that Qur’an’s God is, before anything else, a strict judge. His justice is unrelaxing. He will forgive none but those who believe in Him and obey commandments….

The relationship of love… is a reciprocal one. The Qur’an never enjoins love for God. This is because God Himself loves only the strictly pious. To love God one must presuppose that God is reciprocating the sentiment. And to presuppose that is to presume that one is perfectly pious. Such presumption the Qur’an never allows. Even the most virtuous men as prophets are constantly reminded that they are sinful creatures who must ask forgiveness of smallest sins whether they are aware of them or not. Side by side with such a conception of God’s unrelaxing justice love for God would certainly be out of place (179–80).

In the Bible [the] central notion is God’s Fatherhood and his love for mankind. And so it is love between man and God on which all Christian morality rests…. In the Qur’an the corresponding central notion is God’s strict justice. And so on fear of God’s strict justice of the judgement day depends the fulfilling of the law and the whole moral value of Qur’anic duty (223–4).

I agree that love is a central notion in the Bible, but I disagree that the Christian God’s love transcends His justice. Rather, His love leads Him to remain just while providing a way for unjust sinners to become just in His sight. God makes believers perfectly just. That’s why the Christian God performed the greatest act of love possible, and Christians in turn love God.

Greater love has no one than this, that someone lay down his life for his friends.(John 15:13)

“In this is love, not that we have loved God but that he loved us and sent his Son to be the propitiation for our sins.(1 John 4:10)
LTM

Sudbury, Canada

#530647 Apr 21, 2014
The Bridge

Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Craig Blomberg

“For God was in Christ, reconciling the world to himself, no longer counting people's sins against them. And he gave us this wonderful message of reconciliation”(2 Corinthians 5:19, NLT)

It is fashionable in some circles these days to lampoon the historic Christian doctrine of substitutionary atonement as divine child abuse. It is hard to know which is more tragic—the lack of understanding of basic Trinitarian theology that leads to such a caricature or the arrogance with which people promote this idea as if they had made a new discovery that rendered traditional Christianity dangerous.

At a Good Friday service this year, I viewed for the first time the 30-minute Czech film,“Most”(the Czech word for “Bridge”). In it a father who operates a drawbridge has to decide whether to lower the open bridge into position that will allow an oncoming train to pass safely across it but then kill his son (who has fallen onto the train tracks trying to reach an emergency brake for the train and is unable to move) or to keep the bridge up, rescue his son, and kill all the passengers in the train as it plunges into the water.

It is impossible for any story of merely human characters to convey adequately all of the dimensions of Christ’s sacrifice, but this one comes remarkably close and is emotionally almost overwhelming. The point of comparison that comes the closest to the story of atonement in the New Testament is the father having no choice but to watch someone die—either his son or a multitude of passengers on the train. Moreover, the film goes out of its way to portray the passengers as oblivious to any danger and, in many cases, behaving in ways that make the viewers wonder if they are even worth being rescued. But one woman is on her way to start a new life after a wrecked past, and we watch her now able to follow through with those plans.

What no human analogy can account for, of course, is the Trinitarian relationships behind the atonement. While Father and Son, along with the Spirit, are separate persons—centers of personal consciousness—they are also one God—one being. So, as our text in 2 Corinthians explains,“God was in Christ reconciling the world to himself.” Father and Son are not independent, ontologically separate beings. So when Christ died, God (the Son) died also.

The emotional pathos would probably not be as great if one made a film where one man on his own chose to allow himself to be run over, perhaps creating some kind of human link between two pieces of track not otherwise in sync with each other, and that analogy, too, would be deficient because there wouldn’t be counterparts to both Father and Son. But it would help deal with the charge of divine child abuse—a metaphor that normally conjures up the unwillingness of the son to do something voluntarily and an entirely separate parent inflicting something on a child that doesn’t hurt the parent at all, even emotionally, presumably due to some kind of pathology.

If you get a chance to watch the film, and aren’t suffering from some kind of post-traumatic stress, it’s powerfully worth the half-hour. Even if the analogy isn’t perfect, you’ll come away with a profound sense of our Father’s heartache, not some kind of sadistic glee, at the death of Christ, and his immense love for we who deserve nothing like it. You’ll also realize how silly and misguided the “divine child abuse” charge is.
hojo

Chanhassen, MN

#530648 Apr 21, 2014
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
The listeners were getting it all mixed up that's why God inspired them to write what is Written. No need for anyone to go beyond what is Written.
Interesting that you should say that Marge because that is not what the bible says!!--/In fact it says "just the opposite",,,the bible teaches that Scripture is the the Word of God, but it also teaches that Apostolic Tradition is the Word of God as well. 2Thess 2:15 teaches us that we are to obey the Tradition, whether it is written or by " word of mouth" ( oral). The Apostolic Traditions are the oral teachings of Jesus Christ handed down to His Apostles, and the teachings of the Apostles that was dictated to the be the Holy Spirit-----which were taught in ALL of the Early Churches beginning with the First Church at Antioch (Acts 2). If you disagree then show me (in the Bible) where Paul's command to obey oral tradition is "repudiated" !!!!
truth

Perth, Australia

#530649 Apr 21, 2014
i explain nothing from nowhere
as ash from cigar=secret
see thats your security choose not me
they think they are something

not me

i am not carre

i don't spend my money on anything not at all

what is good that you have all world on the end you going to be loser on the end=0000000000
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#530651 Apr 21, 2014
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
OldJG,
You really need to get out of the false teachings of OSAS......
Hebrews accentuates the idea that faith is for the long haul for ALL Christians.
The just shall live by faith.
Are we not the just who shall live by faith, OldJG???
What if we decide not to live by faith anymore, OldJG???
Hebrews writer expresses confidence in their living by faith and in so doing encourages them to continue steadfastly in the life of a Christian.
What if the Christian decides to turn back to the their old ways??? Conform to the world???
God gives us the free will to make that choice.....
Can a Christian FALL out of LOVE with God???
YES!!!
You really need to get your head out of your .......!

You said, quote, "Are we not the just who shall live by faith, OldJG???" End quote.

Answer: Yes, I live by faith. Not sure about you.

You said, quote, "What if we decide not to live by faith anymore, OldJG???" End quote.

Is my salvation based on what I do or is my salvation based on what Jesus has already done?

You said, quote, "What if the Christian decides to turn back to the their old ways??? Conform to the world???" End quote.

You have turned back to your old ways. In fact you do it daily just as Paul told us "he dies daily." You have also conformed to the world. Do you think this caught God by surprised? Do you believe God says, "Wow, there goes another one. The blood of my Son was not strong enough to hold him but the wiles of the devil are strong enough to take him."

You foolish Galatian!

You said, quote, "Can a Christian FALL out of LOVE with God??? YES!!!" End quote.

Certainly the answer is yes. The greater question is, can God fall out of love with a saved person? Does God abandon the very person His Son died to save? Is your salvation based on ANYTHING you did? If so......what?

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#530652 Apr 21, 2014
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
You go beyond what was written by saying that. The pillar and foundation of truth is the Church, not the Bible. So even if the "listeners" got it all mixed up when John, Paul and Peter spoke, like you dream, the CHURCH still was there as the pillar of truth. This is according to the Bible.
~~~

THE BIBLE SAYS... GOD'S HOUSEHOLD IS ...

built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ himself being the chief corner stone;

Eph 2:19 Now therefore ye are no more strangers and foreigners, but fellowcitizens with the saints, and of the household of God;

Eph 2:20 And are built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ himself being the chief corner stone;

Eph 2:21 In whom all the building fitly framed together groweth unto an holy temple in the Lord:

Eph 2:22 In whom ye also are builded together for an habitation of God through the Spirit.

ONE CAN ONLY GUESS ....WHAT THE FOUNDATION OF THE ROMAN CATHOLIC

RELIGIOUS SYSTEM IS BUILT UPON....

SINCE IT IS A DIFFERENT ENTITY THAN THAT OF GOD'S HOUSEHOLD AND ON A

DIFFERENT FOUNDATION...
marge

Ames, IA

#530653 Apr 21, 2014
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Interesting that you should say that Marge because that is not what the bible says!!--/In fact it says "just the opposite",,,the bible teaches that Scripture is the the Word of God, but it also teaches that Apostolic Tradition is the Word of God as well. 2Thess 2:15 teaches us that we are to obey the Tradition, whether it is written or by " word of mouth" ( oral). The Apostolic Traditions are the oral teachings of Jesus Christ handed down to His Apostles, and the teachings of the Apostles that was dictated to the be the Holy Spirit-----which were taught in ALL of the Early Churches beginning with the First Church at Antioch (Acts 2). If you disagree then show me (in the Bible) where Paul's command to obey oral tradition is "repudiated" !!!!
I have no problem with traditions as long as they don't counter what is written.
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#530654 Apr 21, 2014
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
OldJG,
God will not force anyone to stay in the family of God.
Didn't the Apostle Peter turn back just briefly when he denied Christ???
God does not have to force anyone to stay in the family of God.

You said, quote, "Didn't the Apostle Peter turn back just briefly when he denied Christ???" End quote.

Which time? Did Peter lose his salvation when he denied Christ? Did Jesus have to save Peter again?
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#530655 Apr 21, 2014
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
You should know "everything there is to know" about name calling. Your comments have a "monopoly" of constant insulting, bashing and attacking the faith, the Salvation, the Catholic Church and the each Catholic individually who disagrees with the overstating and exaggerated liberal statistics that you "scrounge up"!!!....... You seem to forget that it is atheists, agnostics and bible only Protestants that came on this forum (for one reason).!!!! Attacking, be-littling, ripping and bashing ALL Catholics on this forum, Jesus Chirist Himself and His One True Apostolic Catholic Church...-------And you have proven yourself to be the leader of this anti-catholic bashing!!!!
...What name calling? What catholic bashing? I give statistics and current news information. What is your problem?

....You have a belief. Everyone has their beliefs or no beliefs, why can't you understand your belief is only important to those that choose to believe it. No need to get all upset whenever someone gives their opinion just like you.

...I can't imagine what your thoughts are about Jews, Muslims born into their beliefs.
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#530656 Apr 21, 2014
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
You should know "everything there is to know" about name calling. Your comments have a "monopoly" of constant insulting, bashing and attacking the faith, the Salvation, the Catholic Church and the each Catholic individually who disagrees with the overstating and exaggerated liberal statistics that you "scrounge up"!!!....... You seem to forget that it is atheists, agnostics and bible only Protestants that came on this forum (for one reason).!!!! Attacking, be-littling, ripping and bashing ALL Catholics on this forum, Jesus Chirist Himself and His One True Apostolic Catholic Church...-------And you have proven yourself to be the leader of this anti-catholic bashing!!!!
..,I post information that many catholics have left the church and you call it bashing? What are you afraid of?

..You are crazy.
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#530657 Apr 21, 2014
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
BOLOGNA. Apparently Jesus was just kidding in Matthew 15:1-20,1 "Then Pharisees and scribes came to Jesus from Jerusalem and said, 2 “Why do your disciples break the tradition of the elders? For they do not wash their hands when they eat.” 3 He answered them,“And why do you break the commandment of God for the sake of your tradition? 4 For God commanded,‘Honor your father and your mother,’ and,‘Whoever reviles father or mother must surely die.’ 5 But you say,‘If anyone tells his father or his mother,“What you would have gained from me is given to God,” 6 he need not honor his father.’ So for the sake of your tradition you have made void the word of God. 7 You hypocrites! Well did Isaiah prophesy of you, when he said:

8 “‘This people honors me with their lips, but their heart is far from me; 9 in vain do they worship me, teaching as doctrines the commandments of men.’”

10 And he called the people to him and said to them,“Hear and understand: 11 it is not what goes into the mouth that defiles a person, but what comes out of the mouth; this defiles a person.” 12 Then the disciples came and said to him,“Do you know that the Pharisees were offended when they heard this saying?” 13 He answered,“Every plant that my heavenly Father has not planted will be rooted up. 14 Let them alone; they are blind guides. And if the blind lead the blind, both will fall into a pit.” 15 But Peter said to him,“Explain the parable to us.” 16 And he said,“Are you also still without understanding? 17 Do you not see that whatever goes into the mouth passes into the stomach and is expelled? 18 But what comes out of the mouth proceeds from the heart, and this defiles a person. 19 For out of the heart come evil thoughts, murder, adultery, sexual immorality, theft, false witness, slander. 20 These are what defile a person. But to eat with unwashed hands does not defile anyone.”
truth

Perth, Australia

#530658 Apr 21, 2014
stolen indification

totaly some they will produce and act as accusersssssssssssssss

evil satanic corupt organization

how many party clubs organization this and that you have

many many many
why you try act as accuser
why you stolen indification
why you send many spirit demonic this or that
why you accusing and judging

see your fundationnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn nnnnnnnnnnnnnnn
Gods R Delusions x Mine

Orlando, FL

#530659 Apr 21, 2014
I went to a Thai restaurant yesterday.

There were only Orientals dining there at the time, maybe because it was Easter Sunday.

I wonder why these fine Asian people didn't have the same opportunity of being taught about the "correct God," -- they had little or no concern that "he has risen."

The message of Jesus wasn't conveyed to Asia in the same way it was to the West, through the Roman Empire.

Why didn't Jesus' message go out to Asia as well?

Why would a one true God of the Universe be so discriminatory against those not influenced by the Roman Empire?

Then the answer came to me.

It's all a delusion. No true God would play such games.

That's called reason. Try it.

Ramen
LTM

Sudbury, Canada

#530660 Apr 21, 2014
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
You go beyond what was written by saying that. The pillar and foundation of truth is the Church, not the Bible. So even if the "listeners" got it all mixed up when John, Paul and Peter spoke, like you dream, the CHURCH still was there as the pillar of truth. This is according to the Bible.
Liam who are the Pillars of God's Church?? They are the true believers, and why do you bow to the pope, and priests when even Moses, told Joshua not to bow to him he was not God, and Peter told others as well not to bow before him , we are only to bow to God.
I know you love your church Liam, but first you are to love 'THE LORD YOUR GOD WITH ALL YOUR HEART, SOUL, AND MIGHT.'
THE POPE IS A SIMPLE MAN A SINFUL MAN, WHO NEEDS TO CONFESS HIS SINS TO GOD JUST AS YOU AND I DO.
YOU DON'T BELIEVE THE BIBLE, YET CLAIM THE CATHOLIC CHURCH GAVE IT TO THE WORLD.
YOU GAVE THE WORLD THE CATHOLIC VERSION OF THE BIBLE WHICH IS BASED ON CATHOLIC TRADITION AND NOT THE TRUTH, AND WHAT IS THE TRUTH??? JESUS IS.
THE CATHOLIC CHURCH STEPPED OVER JESUS AND PLACED MARY FIRST, GIVEN HER THE HONOR THAT BELONGS TO JESUS ALONE.
MY DEAR SISTER IN CHRIST "MARY" !!!! WAS BLESSED TO BE USE BY GOD TO CARRY HIS ONLY BEGOTTEN SON,
ALL POWER HONOUR AND GLORY WAS GIVEN TO JESUS NOT MARY. YOU ARE NOT TO PRAY TO HER OR BOW BEFORE HER.
WE ARE TO BOW TO GOD AND PRAY TO HIM IN THE NAME OF JESUS CHRIST, NOT IN MARY'S NAME .
YOU HAVE MADE A goddess OF HER , YOU ARE NOT TO HAVE ANY OTHER GOD'S BUT GOD, " THE LORD OUR GOD IS ONE GOD" NO MENTION OF A goddess IN THE BIBLE UNLESS IT IS A PAGAN goddess.
You are in grave danger Liam . your alliance belongs to God not the catholic church it didn't save you Christ did.
The catholic doctrine, is a bunch of lies, built on the mind thoughts of ordinary men, not on the true gospel of Jesus Christ.
They built a false church, on murder, lies and tortures, they were cruel individuals, who where hungry for money and power, not for the "RIGHTIOUSNESS OF GOD"
THEY SIT UP AN EARTHY KINGDOM, JESUS STATED HIS KINGDOM IS NOT OF THIS WORLD.

Gods R Delusions x Mine

Orlando, FL

#530661 Apr 21, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
..,I post information that many catholics have left the church and you call it bashing? What are you afraid of?
..You are crazy.
Really? What was your first clue?

:o)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Oldest Language in India : Telugu or Sanskrit ?? (Feb '12) 11 min siva 185
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 14 min Stilgar Fifrawi 750,346
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 26 min GOD 602,163
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 42 min Dave Nelson 229,928
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 1 hr ChromiuMan 5,455
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr RADEKT 261,641
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 1 hr Tim Osman 118,656
Hot gays in Abu Dhabi (Nov '13) 1 hr top 1,070
Have any girls on here had sex with a dog??? (Feb '12) 19 hr girls united states 125

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE