Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 636820 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#530928 Apr 22, 2014
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Preston...I have question (not a gotcha one) but a sincere one. We talked about it last night in bible study.
Did the Holy Spirit work differently in the hearts of folks in the OT than it does today?
your thoughts.....
Chuck

I think Isaiah 66:2 takes care of how God deals with the people, then and now....

"And all these My hand hath made, And all these things are, An affirmation of Jehovah! And unto this one I look attentively, Unto the humble and bruised in spirit, And who is trembling at My word."

One might say that through time, humanity has experienced God in different ways, and come to some conclusions(some right and wrong), and made covenants with these "conclusions" in mind, with respect to God.

However, for us, the Holy Spirit, is the expression of the Father's love for the Son, as best we understand, and thus this love has always existed. For God to withhold that love to humanity is not logical. But as Christians(in time), we see that it was given "retrograde" back through time, before the death and resurrection of Jesus, and his asking of the Father for this love to us.

Thus the Holy Spirit did not deal differently with people before Jesus and after Jesus, per Isaiah....
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#530929 Apr 22, 2014
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
OLDJG,
Since you are a so-called deacon, OLDJG, maybe you can answer this question......
What is the heavenly gift???
WHEN DOES A CHRISTIAN RECEIVE ETERNAL LIFE????????

Come on little man, you can do it can't you. Or will you run and hide with Preston and the rest of the unbelieving Romans on this forum?
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#530930 Apr 22, 2014
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
Amen Chuck. There are people on this forum that would tell you Hebrews 6:4, "For it is impossible, in the case of those who have once been enlightened, who have tasted the heavenly gift, and have shared in the Holy Spirit," is speaking about a believer losing their salvation. You, Chuck, are correct. Enlightened is not the same as regenerated. Thank you...thank you...thank you. OldJG
OLDJG,

As a so-called deacon, can you please tell us how a non-Christian (not saved/notconvertedstill in sin) shares/partaker in the Holy Spirit???
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#530931 Apr 22, 2014
From Love Worth Finding Ministries
Pastor Adrian Rogers

NEW LIFE, A NEW CREATION IN CHRIST

BIBLE MEDITATION:
“For with Thee is the fountain of life: in Thy light shall we see light.” Psalm 36:9

DEVOTIONAL THOUGHT:
Jesus had a life that the grave could not keep. While He carried your sins to the grave and left them there, Jesus came out of that grave living, risen, and victorious!

When Jesus rose, you rose with Him. Christians are not just nice people, they are new creatures. We have the same power that raised Jesus Christ from the dead. We have come out of the grave of the old life. Our old master has no more hold on us. The old debt has no more penalty that we have to pay.

When Jesus came out of that grave, we came out with Him and we have been raised to walk in newness of life.

ACTION POINT:
Are you walking around in the grave clothes of your old life? Shed them, my friend! Jesus came to give you new life! Believe that you are now a new creation in Christ!

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#530932 Apr 22, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
UH HUH!
According you your own "dia-gnostic assessment, now that you believe you have found your Christian "CENTER" are you just partially enlightened, or fully enlightened, or not enlightened at all to the REAL reality???
:)
June

lol....Self-diagnosing my rating on an enlightenment scale of 1-100 pounds, I would hope for a feather the one side, but it is probably far less....Really. I am very slow to understand things.

OldJG

Rockford, IL

#530933 Apr 22, 2014
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
Amen Chuck. There are people on this forum that would tell you Hebrews 6:4, "For it is impossible, in the case of those who have once been enlightened, who have tasted the heavenly gift, and have shared in the Holy Spirit," is speaking about a believer losing their salvation. You, Chuck, are correct. Enlightened is not the same as regenerated. Thank you...thank you...thank you. OldJG
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
OLDJG,
As a so-called deacon, can you please tell us how a non-Christian (not saved/notconvertedstill in sin) shares/partaker in the Holy Spirit???
The Holy Spirit convicts all of their sin. ALL.

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#530934 Apr 22, 2014
You can bet the following was a Protestant school.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>

ROME SWEET HOME by Scott and Kimberly Hahn … our journey to Catholicism

As a consequence, I became very strong in my anti-Catholic convictions. I was so firmly convinced that for Miss Dengler’s English class in high school I decided to write my senior research paper on Luther’s views. As a result, I had a mission to correct and to liberate Catholics bound up with unbiblical works-righteousness legalism. Luther had convinced me that Catholics believed they were saved by their works but that the Bible taught justification by faith alone, or sola fide.
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#530935 Apr 22, 2014
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
OLDJG,
WHEN DOES A CHRISTIAN RECEIVE ETERNAL LIFE? What is wrong? Satan got your tongue?
Anthony MN

Saint Paul, MN

#530936 Apr 22, 2014
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
Come on little man, you can do it can't you. Or will you run and hide with Preston and the rest of the unbelieving Romans on this forum?
Deacon Cluck Cluck, the only running and hiding is being done by you by refusing to tell us unsaved Romans (and preston I guess) how to get saved. Don't you think it's time for you to grow some?

Prince George, Canada

#530937 Apr 22, 2014
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
June
lol....Self-diagnosing my rating on an enlightenment scale of 1-100 pounds, I would hope for a feather the one side, but it is probably far less....Really. I am very slow to understand things.
Well then you are learning to admit that you don't know the answers ... and with that package comes the idea that enlightenment is illusion.
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#530938 Apr 22, 2014
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
OLDJG,
WHEN DOES A CHRISTIAN RECEIVE ETERNAL LIFE?

IS HEAVEN A CORRUPT PLACE?

Do you have an answer or are you just full of yourself?
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#530939 Apr 22, 2014
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Deacon Cluck Cluck, the only running and hiding is being done by you by refusing to tell us unsaved Romans (and preston I guess) how to get saved. Don't you think it's time for you to grow some?
Are you trying to bait me you little Roman. No, no. You need to hop away. Hop away now little Roman. Hop hop!
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#530940 Apr 22, 2014
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
As a so-called Christian you know nothing of the Law of Christ.
As a so-called Christian you do not know the commands of Jesus
As a so-called Christian you should know that ONCE SAVED ALWAYS SAVED began with God saving Noah and is extended to all those who believe.
When you chastise someone you should make sure you know of what you speak. From this day forward you can speak to others but do not speak to me. Do you understand?
OLDJG,

LOL......

A real Christian deacon could answer these questions on the Law of Christ, Commands of Jesus in the New Testament and would know the false doctrine of OSAS.......
Anthony MN

Saint Paul, MN

#530941 Apr 22, 2014
OldJG wrote:
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Are you trying to bait me you little Roman. No, no. You need to hop away. Hop away now little Roman. Hop hop!
Do real Christians tell the unsaved that they're baiting them by asking how one gets saved? Like Hank, Preston and every other protestant on this board says...you are one big, fat phony.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#530942 Apr 22, 2014
OldJG wrote:
Pastor Adrian Rogers
BIBLE MEDITATION:
“For with Thee is the fountain of life: in Thy light shall we see light.” Psalm 36:9
DEVOTIONAL THOUGHT:
Jesus had a life that the grave could not keep. While He carried your sins to the grave and left them there, Jesus came out of that grave living, risen, and victorious!
When Jesus rose, you rose with Him. Christians are not just nice people, they are new creatures. We have the same power that raised Jesus Christ from the dead. We have come out of the grave of the old life. Our old master has no more hold on us. The old debt has no more penalty that we have to pay.
When Jesus came out of that grave, we came out with Him and we have been raised to walk in newness of life.
ACTION POINT:
Are you walking around in the grave clothes of your old life? Shed them, my friend! Jesus came to give you new life! Believe that you are now a new creation in Christ!
~~~

You quote your Holy father and esteem his word above what the Bible says...

THE BIBLE DOES NOT TEACH " ETERNAL SECURITY..."

"ONCE SAVED ALWAYS SAVED..".

I SAW A BOOK IN A BAPTIST BOOK STORE ..that taught a lie..out of the pits of hell

It taught...

"that if a person was saved and was caught laying in the bosom of a prostitute,... at the time Jesus caught away his bride...that... that person would go up with Him..

Is that not what you hold to be truth?

The Bible says

1Co_6:16 What? know ye not that he which is joined to an harlot is one body? for two, saith he, shall be one flesh.

1Co_6:19 What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own?

1Co 3:16 Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you?

1Co 3:17 If any man defile the temple of God, him shall God destroy; for the temple of God is holy, which temple ye are.

1Co 3:18 Let no man deceive himself. If any man among you seemeth to be wise in this world, let him become a fool, that he may be wise.

1Co 3:19 For the wisdom of this world is foolishness with God. For it is written, He taketh the wise in their own craftiness.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#530943 Apr 22, 2014
OldJG wrote:
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
Really? So now you are not only SINLESS but you are a mind reader. Wow, you must be your own "god"
<quoted text>
You are trying to spin away from answering and in doing so you have wrongly accused me of using a vulgar word. Many many times I have trapped these easy Romans and you too have been trapped and revealed to be nothing more than a name calling know nothing. Try to improve yourself before you throw stones my direction. OK sucker!
<quoted text>
Who are you to judge me?
You said, quote, "I haven't heard Jesus speak in these terms......I thought we are supposed to be like Him....." End quote.
Is it hard to be perfect and lack humility. Are you like Him?
Finally, you never answered this question. When does a Christian receive eternal life?
<quoted text>
Thank you for the lecture. By the way, are you perfect? Have you sinned since you were saved? Did you sin today? Yes, you did. You judged me in your post and that is a sin is it not.
FINALLY.....You never answered my question.......ONE MORE TIME......a coward will not answer. Will you? Here it is..........
WHEN DOES A CHRISTIAN RECEIVE ETERNAL LIFE?
OldJG,

Did you ever hear me say that I was perfect???

Have you ever heard me say that I was sinless???

That would be a DUMB move as Christ is the only sinless one......

When and how does a person get saved???

And, what is the person saved from???

"Eternal life"......that wonderful quality of life that only belongs to those who belong to Christ.

Do you know what that means, OLDJG, those who belong to Christ???

Ooooops.......you didn't catch it in Hebrews 6???

Prince George, Canada

#530944 Apr 22, 2014
As none of you put faith in the idea that other hells in other religions exist ... it is the hell in your own religion that frightens you.
Anthony MN

Saint Paul, MN

#530945 Apr 22, 2014
OldJG wrote:
Pastor Adrian Rogers
BIBLE MEDITATION:
DEVOTIONAL THOUGHT:
ACTION POINT:
Adrian Rogers was obviously not talking about big, fat phony pretend deacons who refuse to teach unsaved Romans and protestants how to get saved.

Prince George, Canada

#530946 Apr 22, 2014
Religious believers are anxious to question other people's dogmas as being based on lies, yet will defend their own dogmas as being based on truth ... even to their own deaths ... just to prove that their own dogmas are right.

It's amazing what falls under the illusion of clear and enlightened psychology.

Prince George, Canada

#530947 Apr 22, 2014
You have been trained to believe that your self without the approval of "Jesus" is void of worth. And you accept it into your psyches as unquestionable truth.

Even as a child I never did believe that nonsense. I never thought the word Christian could make me into something special to a creator, while those in other religions would be abandoned to eternity in hell.

Bunkology

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 3 min Catcher1 27,562
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 16 min RiccardoFire 18,599
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 19 min Joe Fortuna 968,644
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 21 min Peace_Warrior 618,119
the Art of B N Handsome, Cool, Rich, & Humble 38 min Doctor REALITY 2
Play "end of the word" part 2 55 min ImFree2Choose 1,409
H.R.3355 - Violent Crime Control and Law Enforc... 1 hr Hiddn Numbrz 4
Should Black People Forgive White People for Sl... (Jun '07) 1 hr Johnny 4,706
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 2 hr Gods Child 44,017
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 2 hr WasteWater 104,177
More from around the web