Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 685757 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Truth

Leesburg, VA

#530839 Apr 22, 2014
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
The book was written to the Hebrews you moron. These people were not saved. They were Jews who were going back to Judaism. They had never accepted Jesus. Your reasoning is called reductio ad absurdum, in which a premise is disproved by showing that it logically leads to an absurdity.
Also, you like to pick on women. In my neck of the woods men who pick on women are sissies. Are you a sissy. Just say yes. It is obvious. For me it would be wonderful to see you face to face and talk to me like you talk to her. Get me boy!!!
OLDJG,

It is impossible for those who have once been enlightened, who have tasted the heavenly gift, who have shared in the Holy Spirit,

"enlightened"....mea ns to have received the knowledge of the truth....

"have tasted of the heavenly gift"......this is a more personal experience, OLDJG....

What is this heavenly gift????
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#530840 Apr 22, 2014
OldJG wrote:
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
You have a wife???? And you gave her a car???? You probably talk to her like you do Marge. You are a worthless, spineless low-life who loves to pick on women. What does the Bible say about bums like you. I think they lined up to stone a prostitute and when a man stood up to them they ran like little girls which is exactly what you would do over here by me boy! Comprende
<quoted text>
You call yourself a pastor you low-life piece of garbage.
OldJG,

You wrote:

You call yourself a pastor you low-life piece of garbage.

Would Jesus speak these words???
Cjuck

Dublin, OH

#530842 Apr 22, 2014
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
OLDJG,
It is impossible for those who have once been enlightened, who have tasted the heavenly gift, who have shared in the Holy Spirit,
"enlightened"....mea ns to have received the knowledge of the truth....
"have tasted of the heavenly gift"......this is a more personal experience, OLDJG....
What is this heavenly gift????
So this..."It is impossible for those who have once been enlightened"

means the same as..

"It is impossible for those who have once been regenerated"
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#530843 Apr 22, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
If your church leaders are intertwined with God, why have your church leaders acted like this below for centuries?
http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/secre...
......something is terribly wrong Truth! Shouldn/t you be concerned?
Michael,

I am not catholic....
Michael

Canada

#530844 Apr 22, 2014
Gods R Delusions x Mine wrote:
<quoted text>
"..... the only "reformers" that exist in the Catholic faith are those parishioners who have consciously stopped providing financial support to the church."
Too much power and wealth results in corruption.
Even "perfect teachings" on morals can't change that reality.
Even "perfect teachings" couldn't protect the children.
And Protestants use the CC "holy book."
Say goodbye to reason -- and believers can justify anything.
Ramen
....A small percentage of every dollar that catholics put in the collection baskets around the world ends up in the Vatican bank.

....,We now know this is the second money laundering Vatican bank scandal since 1985.

.....When Bernie Madoff was laundering money catholics were OUTRAGED!

....... When the Vatican bank does it catholics don't get mad at the church wrongdoing, they lash out at those that report this vital information.

..,...Does that make any common sense? Of course not.

...STOP GIVING MONEY until the Vatican cleans up anther mess created by them.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#530845 Apr 22, 2014
Cjuck wrote:
<quoted text>
When you taste something, say ice cream how long does the taste last....15 - 20 seconds??
Hi Chuck,

For me, I love ice cream......I can TASTE it now....even for breakfast.....LOL......

We may not get a grip and grasp of it.....but if we taste it that means we really have it here within ourselves.
Michael

Canada

#530846 Apr 22, 2014
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
What NT dates are you referring to and we all know that John, Peter and Paul witnessed Christ --- however the teachings of Jesus were the unwritten and orally past on to His Apostles...which were taught in the Early Churches beginning in Antioch, then Ephesis, Corinth ,etc.(Acts 2)......... Please show us (in the Bible) where Peter, James and John PUT the Bible together, as we know it today!!........ Documented,and authenticated recorded writtings by the ( overwhelming vast majority) of Church Historians confirm that the actual Bible, New Testament, Canon of Scripture etc. wasn't even compiled, formulated and put together until 382 AD..........It took over 350 years to gather and interpret the letters, documents, parchments, and manuscripts from the Apostles by the Early Church Fathers in 393 and 397 AD ( Who Put the Books of the Bible together) forming the canon of Scrpture!!!---There was no Bible "as we know it today" ( for the 1st 1500 years of the Church, until John Guetenberg invented the printing press in 1440 AD.......... You "really" need to read TRUE a Church History instead of relying upon a 21st century anti-catholic historian to "re-invent the wheel " or in this case "re-writing church history" ignoring 1500 years of the TRUTH of Jesus Christ and His One TRUE Historically and biblically PROVEN Apostolic (Universal) Catholic Chuurch!!!!
....What would God think about all the scandals and corruption going on in your church? He would be shaking his head in disbelief, yet you act as if nothing ever happened.

I bring the bad news. Bad news is what people like to read about.........but Only when its about someone else.

Unbelievable ...dysfunction.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#530847 Apr 22, 2014
Cjuck wrote:
<quoted text>
means the same as..
Chuck,

regenerated.......paliggenesia

new birth, reproduction, renewal, recreation, regeneration

hence renovation, regeneration, the production of a new life consecrated to God, a radical change of mind for the better. The word often used to denote the restoration of a thing to its pristine state, its renovation, as a renewal or restoration of life after death

who have tasted the goodness of the word of God and the powers of the coming age

and who have fallen away, to be brought back to repentance. To their loss they are crucifying the Son of God all over again and subjecting him to public disgrace.
Michael

Canada

#530850 Apr 22, 2014
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Michael,
I am not catholic....
....consider yourself lucky. I use to be.

...corruption, sex, lies, scandals, coverups. Do those words sound like they would be associated with God?
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#530851 Apr 22, 2014
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Chuck,
For me, I love ice cream......I can TASTE it now....even for breakfast.....LOL......
We may not get a grip and grasp of it.....but if we taste it that means we really have it here within ourselves.
I love ice cream as well..awesome

but the fact is, tasted is a temporary thing correct?
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#530852 Apr 22, 2014
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Chuck,
regenerated.......paliggenesia
new birth, reproduction, renewal, recreation, regeneration
hence renovation, regeneration, the production of a new life consecrated to God, a radical change of mind for the better. The word often used to denote the restoration of a thing to its pristine state, its renovation, as a renewal or restoration of life after death
who have tasted the goodness of the word of God and the powers of the coming age
and who have fallen away, to be brought back to repentance. To their loss they are crucifying the Son of God all over again and subjecting him to public disgrace.
Regenerated means rebirth. It does not mean enlightened.

I think you would agree that folks all over sit in churches every Sunday and hear the gospel, even believe it...taste it but never ever but their faith in Christ.

Matt 13:3-23

Since: Feb 14

Location hidden

#530853 Apr 22, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
Buddha Paraphrased
Buddha: The knowledge of the truth is the supreme blessing.
Jesus is "God's word" and God's blessing.
Buddha: If they hit me, I would not react.
Jesus: If they strike you, turn the other cheek.
Buddha was tempted by Mara, the Lord of sensory pleasures.
Jesus was tempted by Satan.
Buddha spoke in parables.
Jesus spoke in parables.
In Matthew, Jesus’ disciples requested that He speak in parables to explain Himself so to better understand Him. Luke 19:27
Who in the New Testament, besides Jesus, is written to be expanding his kingdom? Isn’t Christianity, the expansion of Jesus Christ’s kingdom?
Buddha was regarded both divine and human.
Jesus was “voted” at Constantine’s Counsel of Nicea to be both God and man.
Buddha had 12 disciples. His first 2 disciples were brothers.
Jesus had 12 disciples. His first 2 disciples were brothers.
Buddha walked on water and had an unsure disciple walk towards him on water.
Jesus walked on water and had an unsure disciple (Peter) walk towards him on water.
Buddha was considered to be The Son of God.
Jesus was considered to be The Son of God.
Some considered Jesus Christ to be a Buddha in the making.
That idea kinda makes Christians mad, huh?
Buddha was born of the Virgin Maya.
Jesus was born of The Virgin Mary.
Both without carnal intercourse.
Catholics insist that Mary retained her virginity. 3 things:
1. Jesus was not caesarian born = vaginal birth cannel = Mary is no virgin.
2. Jesus had named brothers. No mention of their adoption. Important.
3. Mary / Joseph not legally married if it was never consummated by sex.
Buddha was baptized.
Jesus was baptized.
Buddha died - His coffin opened by supernatural powers - He ascended to Heaven.
Jesus' tomb was opened - He eventually ascended to Heaven.
Buddha was to return to Earth to restore order.
Jesus was to soon have a second coming.
http://www.thegodmurders.com/id93.html
Hi June..
June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#530854 Apr 22, 2014
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
June
Its religion that keeps the mobs from overthrowing corrupt governments?
You just keep on changing your TUNE Robert and you might one day be believe-able.

When you were an Atheist your tune was that religion was based on fear.

Now your tune is, that religion keeps governments from being corrupt.

FOOL!

Humans are corrupt with or without religion.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#530855 Apr 22, 2014
pusherman_ wrote:
<quoted text> Hi June..
Hi!
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#530856 Apr 22, 2014
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Michael,
I am not catholic....
Are you bragging or complaining???

:)

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#530857 Apr 22, 2014
Cjuck wrote:
<quoted text>
means the same as..
~~~

ENLIGHTENED DEFINED IN GREEK
G5461
&#966;&#969;&#964; &#953;&#769;&#950; &#969;
pho&#772;tizo&#772;
fo-tid'-zo
From G5457; to shed rays, that is, to shine or (transitively) to brighten up (literally or figuratively):- enlighten, illuminate,(bring to, give) light, make to see.

REGENERATION DEFINED IN GREEK
G3824
&#960;&#945;&#955; &#953;&#947;&#947; &#949;&#957;&#949; &#963;&#953;&#769; &#945;
paliggenesia
pal-ing-ghen-es-ee'-ah
From G3825 and G1078; (spiritual) rebirth (the state or the act), that is,(figuratively) spiritual renovation; specifically Messianic restoration:- regeneration.

NOTE THE DIFFERENCE IN THE MEANING OF THE TWO WORDS.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#530858 Apr 22, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
Senior vatican catholic priest Reginald Foster who is known as the most expert Latin translator for the Pope speaks out against his own church in vatican square. HUH!
......... Father Foster states a poll was conducted in Italy and Italians stated that Jesus Christ was 6th as the most prayed to spiritual being that included Mary and all the saints.........Jesus was 6th!!! I
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =gS--jUllmDEXX
UNBELIEVABLE!.... Dysfunction.
Religion doesn't stop people from being dysfunctional. It just adds to the right-fighting illusions.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#530860 Apr 22, 2014
The following book is based on a married couple who were Protestants and decided that Catholicism was the "only" way for anyone to attain "salvation."
>>>>>>> >>>>>>>

ROME SWEET HOME by Scott and Kimberly Hahn … our journey to Catholicism

Foreword

All conversion stories are different—like snowflakes, like fingerprints. But all are dramatic. The only story even more dramatic than conversion to Christ’s Church is initial conversion to Christ himself. But these two dramas—becoming a Christian and becoming a Catholic—are two steps in the same process and the same direction, like being born and growing up. This book is an excellent illustration of truth.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#530861 Apr 22, 2014
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
I love ice cream as well..awesome
but the fact is, tasted is a temporary thing correct?
Chuck,

I would say that you would have to look at what is being tasted (for lack of better wording)....

Look at what the scriptures say.....

those who have ONCE been enlightened.....

who have TASTED the heavenly gift.....

who have SHARED in the Holy Spirit.....

This is up front and personal.....

What are they NOW experiencing and receiving???

They are receiving the spiritual blessings of being in Christ!!!
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#530863 Apr 22, 2014
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
ENLIGHTENED DEFINED IN GREEK
How is MR. Protestant-enlightened-one today???

:)
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >

In the second page of the King James version of the bible the words read as follows......

THE BIBLE

THIS BOOK REVEALS THE MIND OF GOD, the state of man, the way of salvation, the doom of sinners, and the happiness of believers.

ITS DOCTRINES ARE HOLY, its precepts are binding, its histories are true, and its decisions are immutable.

READ IT AND BE WISE, believe it to be safe, and practise it to be holy. It contains light to direct you, food to support you, and comfort to cheer you.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 1 min bad bob 26,216
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 2 min arrr 985,693
David Duke: "We're going to take our country ba... 2 hr Doctor REALITY 58
to Maria Chapelle-Nadal: it's time to ROLL, sista' 3 hr Doctor REALITY 1
I hate Haiti (Jan '10) 4 hr Anne Nonymiss 109
"BIGGEST SCAM in WORLD HISTORY...." 5 hr YTube 1st 1
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 6 hr Here For Now 619,748
More from around the web