Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 682149 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#529703 Apr 16, 2014
Gods R Delusions x Mine wrote:
<quoted text>
Dang, what a waste of God's Great TRUTH!
If on a long shot there just happens to be a god, it's not doing very well at spreading it's truth.

I suggest that nothing but more and more concepts of truth (abstract ideas) rule over the mentalities of ignorant humans.

Religion is a mental dis-ease.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#529704 Apr 16, 2014
<quoted text>
Dogma implies 100% certainty.
Any church with dogma is a lie. There is no admissible proof of any dogma (except for mine).
That is why my God rejects man-made dogmas. We only have God's dogmatic question: beer or wine?
Ramen
And once you admit that your god Ramen is also a noodle that is soft in the head, you might be able to escape all religion and believe that you are whole, just as you are.

:)
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#529705 Apr 16, 2014
Years ago I was confused about the issue of "If Martin Luther started the Protestant religion, why was the Protestant bible referred to as the King James bible?"

Then I read the following.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>>

From the book "The History Of Christianity ... The Church from the Reformation to the Present, Volume 2, by Clyde L. Manschreck ... comes the following.

The Millenary Petition, 1603

This petition, supposedly representing a thousand Puritans, was presented to James I on his way to London. He granted a conference the following year, authorized a new version of the scriptures, and made a few concessions, but he insisted on conformity to the Prayer Book, which was only slightly changed.(Gee and Hardy, Documents Illistrative of English Church History. Cf. Fuller, Church History of Britain.)

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#529706 Apr 16, 2014
<quoted text>
What as WASTE of KNOWLEDGE.
It must be a b*tch to have the keys to the mind of God -- but then have nothing else to do with this amazing knowledge -- other than to post this amazing TRUTH to a half-dozen viewers on an anonymous Internet message board about the Roman Catholic Church.
Any conversions to the TRUTH to date?
Best guess is zero.
Dang, what a waste of God's Great TRUTH!
Ramen
~~~

I HAVE A LIFE TIME VESTED IN THE KNOWLEDGE OF GOD'S WORD..

AT LEAST 63 YEARS....( will be 80 in June).and I was active in the work of God before that...

but I will continue to brighten the corner where I am...

Act 17:24 God that made the world and all things therein, seeing that he is Lord of heaven and earth, dwelleth not in temples made with hands;

NOTE
Act 17:25 Neither is worshipped with men's hands, as though he needed any thing, seeing he giveth to all life, and breath, and all things;

Act 17:26 And hath made of one blood all nations of men for to dwell on all the face of the earth, and hath determined the times before appointed, and the bounds of their habitation;

Act 17:27 That they should seek the Lord, if haply they might feel after him, and find him, though he be not far from every one of us:

Act 17:28 For in him we live, and move, and have our being; as certain also of your own poets have said, For we are also his offspring.

Act 17:29 Forasmuch then as we are the offspring of God,

we ought not to think that the Godhead is like unto gold, or silver, or stone,

graven by art and man's device.

Act 17:30 And the times of this ignorance God winked at; but now commandeth all men every where to repent:

Act 17:31 Because he hath appointed a day,

in the which he will judge the world in righteousness

by that man whom he hath ordained;

whereof he hath given assurance unto all men,

in that he hath raised him from the dead.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#529707 Apr 16, 2014
So King James took it upon his self to allow men to change the words in the Bishop's bible and to in turn insinuate that the new bible known as the king James version would give people the final and absolute truth.

My guess is, the men known as Protestant Puritans buttered up the king by suggesting that the new book be called after HIM!

"You scratch my back and I'll scratch yours."
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#529708 Apr 16, 2014
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
That is your problem. You took it upon your self to convince your self that the KJV would give you all you needed to know the mind of "God."

You FELL for their LINES.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>

In the second page of the King James version of the bible the words read as follows......

THE BIBLE

THIS BOOK REVEALS THE MIND OF GOD, the state of man, the way of salvation, the doom of sinners, and the happiness of believers.

ITS DOCTRINES ARE HOLY, its precepts are binding, its histories are true, and its decisions are immutable.

READ IT AND BE WISE, believe it to be safe, and practise it to be holy. It contains light to direct you, food to support you, and comfort to cheer you.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#529709 Apr 16, 2014
As I have suggested many times ... theologians were paid big money to write words that would entice you into their specific cults.

If the words were not appealing to the readers, the readers would not be drawn TO the words.

That is how you were all drawn into the cults and how you were taught to defend the individual cults and to even give your lives for the cults.

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#529710 Apr 16, 2014
<quoted text>
~~~~~
How can you attempt to teach the word of God...If you refuse to live by it?
DO AS i SAY AND NOT AS I DO JUST DON"T CUT IT..
The word of God is something besides trivia.
Jesus said
Joh_6:63 It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.
Tony refuses to listen when the Bible says very clearly that Jesus allegedly was from the Tribe of Judah, and then he tries to say that Mary was from the tribe of levi because she was related to Liz. this relationship was by marriage and in no way represents her being a Levite, the Bible is clear that she is from the seed of Nathan.

I should be surprised at his ignorance, but after awhile it sinks in. if he doesn't believe that homosexuality is sinful as the Bible proclaims, he isn't going to believe other things either. this is truly a good example of what you stated yesterday of a sinful [unbelief}

he doesn't understand the significance of Melchizedak.as relating to Jesus. as he was greater than Abraham, so to, is Jesus.
Gods R Delusions x Mine

Orlando, FL

#529711 Apr 16, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
And once you admit that your god Ramen is also a noodle that is soft in the head, you might be able to escape all religion and believe that you are whole, just as you are.
There you go again. Why do you hate ME?

Why do you mock the one and only, never angry, always moral, non-interfering God, arrrgh?

No Church fathers have ever castrated themselves for my true God.

No one has died from poison or snake bites because of my true God.

You will never destroy MY TRUE FAITH, just because you hate ME and disagree with ME :o)
Gods R Delusions x Mine

Orlando, FL

#529712 Apr 16, 2014
Ramen

Location hidden

#529713 Apr 16, 2014
Regina wrote:
<quoted text>
Completely untrue. Typical Preston; only you could take something good and twist into something ugly. I don't have to drive any "wedges" between you or anyone else. You abused Marge (you still do) and I stepped in to stop it when no one else would. It was the right thing to do and that just kills you, so now you have to lie about my motives to make yourself feel better. Ain't gonna work, Preston, so leave me out of your squabbles. You people just love to gossip and fight and tittle-tattle back and forth to one another with your messages like school children. No thank you.
to bad, he has turned into a beautiful young child that blesses our heart.

your words are like empty vessel, they carry no truth. I have been on here long enough to know what kind of a devious person that you are and marge is so ignorant that she falls for it. she ahs no friends to back her up except for those two filthy talkers. nuff said. as far as you not wanting to see his pictures, I could care less. you and marge are the only TWO people who acted like you did towards two really nice people and that shows how you two are related, like two baboons
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#529714 Apr 16, 2014
JESUS SAID
JohJ_13:16 Verily, verily, I say unto you, The servant is not greater than his lord; neither he that is sent greater than he that sent him.
question
IF GOD HAS SENT THE ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH AS HIS SERVANT,,
WHY IS IT
THAT IT LIFTS ITSELF ABOVE THE LORD....the one THAT HAS supposedly SENT IT...
why doe it despise the word of the LORD
AND ATTEMPT TO REPLACE IT WITH IT'S OWN
You Roman Catholics do not present Christ the lord...
you attempt to advertize yourselves..
YOU ALWAYS SAY "COME TO OUR CHURCH"
YOU DO NOT PRESENT JESUS AS LORD
Does lying about the faith of fellow Christians show you DO present Christ The Lord?

Christians would say no.

Thank God you have no authority and don't speak for Him.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#529715 Apr 16, 2014
If a book had been based on the idea that Jehovah-God creates evil and that you could as easily be caught up in preaching evil as you could in preaching holiness ... the book would never sell.

So the Catholic theologians omitted the word Jehovah from the title of the god ... wrote HOLY on the cover of their bible and it immediately became extremely popular.

In order to lure followers into their cults ... theologians knew they had to deceive them.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#529716 Apr 16, 2014
<quoted text>
There you go again. Why do you hate ME?
Why do you mock the one and only, never angry, always moral, non-interfering God, arrrgh?
No Church fathers have ever castrated themselves for my true God.
No one has died from poison or snake bites because of my true God.
You will never destroy MY TRUE FAITH, just because you hate ME and disagree with ME :o)
Now PLEASE ... don't go into convulsions. Ramen is real! I'm sorry I disturbed your day and your life.

Please forgive me!

Gods R Delusions x Mine

Orlando, FL

#529717 Apr 16, 2014
<quoted text>
~~~
AT LEAST 63 YEARS....( will be 80 in June).and I was active in the work of God before that...
but I will continue to brighten the corner where I am...
Act 17:24 God that made the world and all things therein, seeing that he is Lord of heaven and earth, dwelleth not in temples made with hands;
NOTE
Act 17:25 Neither is worshipped with men's hands, as though he needed any thing, seeing he giveth to all life, and breath, and all things;
Act 17:26 And hath made of one blood all nations of men for to dwell on all the face of the earth, and hath determined the times before appointed, and the bounds of their habitation;
Act 17:27 That they should seek the Lord, if haply they might feel after him, and find him, though he be not far from every one of us:
Act 17:28 For in him we live, and move, and have our being; as certain also of your own poets have said, For we are also his offspring.
Act 17:29 Forasmuch then as we are the offspring of God,
we ought not to think that the Godhead is like unto gold, or silver, or stone,
graven by art and man's device.
Act 17:30 And the times of this ignorance God winked at; but now commandeth all men every where to repent:
Act 17:31 Because he hath appointed a day,
in the which he will judge the world in righteousness
by that man whom he hath ordained;
whereof he hath given assurance unto all men,
in that he hath raised him from the dead.
Phew, glad to hear.

I know very little about Catholics. Maybe you could help me understand? 3 questions.

Question: Are Catholics really Christian?

Question: I've never seen an American flag in a Catholic Temple, only the Vatican flag. Why is that?

Question: Are Catholics worse than Muslims because of what they did to the Bible for so many generations?

May the Force be with you.

Ramen
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#529718 Apr 16, 2014
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
Little AnthonyMN and the Imperials said, quote, "How's things today Mike. Feeling any better? Prepared to answer why a militant atheist/agnostic such as yourself chooses to discriminate against Catholics and not other Christians?" End quote.
Romans are not Christians. Romans are just Romans. Do we call a dog a cat? Of course not, therefore we cannot call a Roman a Christian. As cats and dogs differ so do Romans and Christians. Thank you, OldJG.
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
BTW, are YOU feeling better today? Have you been able to find the courage to tell me how one gets saved yet?
Courage? You have no concept of the word COURAGE. Moving on, did you or did you not tell everyone on this forum the Roman church gave the Bible to the world? Yes or No.

How to be saved is in the very book your KIND has claimed as their book. Have you not read it?

Get back to me when you get your courage up. Actually, when your pathetic rear end was laying in bed smoking dope real men of courage were fighting the battle you hid under the sheets to avoid. Please spare me the "COURAGE" talk.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#529719 Apr 16, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
From the book …“Billy” by Pamela Stephenson … comes the following.

One day, Jesus had come into conversation at home and Billy referred to Jesus as having been a Catholic, which was his seven-year-old misunderstanding. Aunt Margaret corrected him.‘Jesus wasn’t Catholic, Jesus was a Jew.’

‘Oh,’ he said with innocent surprise,‘does that mean we’re Jews?’

‘Where did you come up with that one?‘ she sneered, and continued to ridicule him until he was in his teens.‘Does that mean we’re Jewish?’ she would mimic him.
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#529720 Apr 16, 2014
OldJG wrote:
Romans are not Christians. Romans are just Romans. Do we call a dog a cat? Of course not, therefore we cannot call a Roman a Christian. As cats and dogs differ so do Romans and Christians. Thank you, OldJG.
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
What about a Maronite Church or Byzantine rite Catholic or a Greek Catholic or Orthodox, are they Christian? Or is it only those of us "Roman Catholics?".
I'll answer for u: "duh, um duh da bible say uh deh hmmm, eh duh, what is a Maronite Church?
They are not Roman Catholics, oldjg. Their diocese was founded by the Apostles Batholomew and James. There are 3 million Maronite Catholics in this world who practice the Antiochian rite. The Catholic Church in Rome was founded by Peter and Paul, and we practice the Latin/Roman rite.
www.ewtn.com/experts/answers/catholic_rites_a...
At least know who you hate, you ignorant old fella you.
Tell us, do these so call non-Roman churches answer to the pope in Rome? Yes or No.

Location hidden

#529721 Apr 16, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Does lying about the faith of fellow Christians show you DO present Christ The Lord?
Christians would say no.
we thank God that people like you and regina do speak for the catholic church, it shows how rotten that it really is.

BTW, show everyone how he is lying when he speaks of your irreligious system, or else shut up
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#529722 Apr 16, 2014
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>Tony refuses to listen when the Bible says very clearly that Jesus allegedly was from the Tribe of Judah, and then he tries to say that Mary was from the tribe of levi because she was related to Liz. this relationship was by marriage and in no way represents her being a Levite, the Bible is clear that she is from the seed of Nathan.
I should be surprised at his ignorance, but after awhile it sinks in. if he doesn't believe that homosexuality is sinful as the Bible proclaims, he isn't going to believe other things either. this is truly a good example of what you stated yesterday of a sinful [unbelief}
he doesn't understand the significance of Melchizedak.as relating to Jesus. as he was greater than Abraham, so to, is Jesus.
Hey bean head, why didn't you answer the post. Let's try again.

atemcowboy said, quote, "his word [over extend] was not quite accurate but none the less is applicable in this sense. for God to overlook sin unrepented would indeed cause Him to over extend the love that He has for us. we have people like Stanley, rogers and the like to blame for this division between Christians. as God punished those false teacher and prophets in the OT, the same will happen to them. for it is Ordained that WE who Preach the Gospel must also live it. living it means that we MUST be truthful and not deviate from what He Says." End quote.

Ask yourself this question. Can God see my sin or your sin through the blood of Jesus?

You call Adrian Rogers a false prophet and you are nothing more than a low life fast living pathetic so-called man of God. On your best day your Biblical knowledge and testimony could not make a pimple on the rear end of this great man of God. You may be ordained but your ordination did not come from the Holy Spirit. Quit lying to saved people who can see through you for the fake you truly are. Any saved person knows the power of God to save and keep them saved.

Instead of just dancing around the OSAS issue why don't you provide the name of any person who was ever saved twice. Not the tale of your lost daddy but the name of anyone who was saved twice. If anyone was saved twice then Jesus Christ must be crucified twice. Well, was Jesus Christ crucified twice?

Nobody Jesus died to save and is covered by His blood can lose their salvation. NOBODY! If that person could lose their salvation then the power of satan is greater than the power in the shed blood of Jesus. Well atemcowboy, is the power of satan greater than the shed blood of Jesus?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 8 min Gabriel 982,469
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 34 min Aura Mytha 8,230
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 1 hr UMAKEWORLDPEACEUI... 124,304
Being alone stinks so bad...that even God........ 5 hr Doctor REALITY 2
Gay Sex in Houston (Apr '15) 8 hr John j 18
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 9 hr onemale 286,505
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 10 hr lil whispers 619,479
More from around the web