Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 685532 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#529170 Apr 14, 2014
Gods R Delusions x Mine wrote:
<quoted text>
The Bible says a lot more than that, but you only see what you want to see.
If believing your big, bad god sends, poor, innocent peasants in rural China to Hell, torturing them for all eternity because they never knew about Jesus, then you are a sicko.
That is unjust and mean spirited.
Confrinting with the word is very mean, and he thinks he is speaking for Jesus.

And maybe he IS speaking for Jesus.

After all, Jesus must have agreed with god that those who were unworthy deserved and deserve eternity in hell. Otherwise Jesus would never allowed his name to be placed in that wretched book ... RIGHT???

tongue in cheek
Gods R Delusions x Mine

Orlando, FL

#529171 Apr 14, 2014
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
You are clearly an "insecure agnostic/atheist" who has an (uncontrollable) habitual "fettish" for undermining the faith and salvation of other Christians -- especially Catholics!--24/7 on this forum!!........
If life is so good as you say --then why do you have this " uncontrollable need" to spread distorted and manipulated " liberal anti-Catholic statistics that do not represent ANYTHING current regarding the New Evangalization and growth of the Catholic Church. Does " getting revenge" make you feel good Michael??? Is that what it is ???Is it because that this "life is good" (smoke screen)and " feel good stuff" must have to be "re-inforced and fed" each day with this never ending" hostility, hate and vengeance that you have built up against Jesus Christ Himself and The Catholic Church. Why don't both you and June just go and live your empty--"nothing-ness " lives on one of the World War II Pacific Island such as Iwo Jima in which every combat soldier that survive said "I have NEVER seen an atheist or agnostic in a fox-hole yet!!!!!----Grow up Michael!!!!
Now you are shamefully attacking many good men who fought in every USA war!

They were agnostic, or Protestant, or Catholic, or Jewish, or something else, but above all, they were American soldiers. Most did not share your bitter idea of faith

Get over yourself hojo.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#529172 Apr 14, 2014
<quoted text>
They ignore the scripture that states that Jehovah "creates" evil, as that conflicts with their theology that there is only a holy god on one side and an evil devil on the other side.
Michael

Canada

#529173 Apr 14, 2014
Henry wrote:
<quoted text>
The RCC is the biggest criminal religious organisation
...They sure have their share of worldwide scandals that have gone on undetected for centuries, and a history of burning people at the stake, then centuries later make them a saint. Joan of Arc.

....Catholicism in the western world is dying a slow death. Statistics from the OFFICIAL Roman Catholic Directory and the statistics compiled by the Vatican statiscum outline the drop in the western world of the the number of priests, nuns, mass attendance, parishes without a priest, etc.

......When sales in a large corporation drop, its not the fault of the consumers. When a large religious organization loses practicing followers its not the fault of the followers.

OldJG

Rockford, IL

#529174 Apr 14, 2014
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
JESUS SAID THERE IS ONLY ONE WAY...AND IT IS HIM...
YOUR 199 OTHER WAYS ARE NON EXISTENT....
Joh_14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life:
no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.
JESUS SAID
Joh 10:1 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that entereth not by the door into the sheepfold, but climbeth up some other way, the same is a thief and a robber.
Joh 10:2 But he that entereth in by the door is the shepherd of the sheep.
Joh 10:3 To him the porter openeth; and the sheep hear his voice: and he calleth his own sheep by name, and leadeth them out.
Joh 10:4 And when he putteth forth his own sheep, he goeth before them, and the sheep follow him: for they know his voice.
Joh 10:5 And a stranger will they not follow, but will flee from him: for they know not the voice of strangers.
<quoted text>
If believing your big, bad god sends, poor, innocent peasants in rural China to Hell, torturing them for all eternity because they never knew about Jesus, then you are a sicko.
That is unjust and mean spirited.
God has revealed Himself to EVERYONE. Please read Romans 1:18-20, 18 "For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who by their unrighteousness suppress the truth. 19 For what can be known about God is plain to them, because God has shown it to them. 20 For his invisible attributes, namely, his eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly perceived, ever since the creation of the world, in the things that have been made. So they are without excuse."
Michael

Canada

#529175 Apr 14, 2014
<quoted text>
Now you are shamefully attacking many good men who fought in every USA war!
They were agnostic, or Protestant, or Catholic, or Jewish, or something else, but above all, they were American soldiers. Most did not share your bitter idea of faith
Get over yourself hojo.
...HOJO has some serious issues that he can't come to grips with. He can't understand why the world isn't Catholic, as do some other catholic posters on this forum.

...its very sad to see how once good people allow their lives to be controlled........because they FEAR being left behind.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#529176 Apr 14, 2014
<quoted text>
~~~
To justify your own lies, you keep lying.

The (disgruntled with Judaism) ex-Jew Catholics created the title Jesus out of the word from Greek ... Ihcuc.

Added to that ... there is not one word written in Jesus' hand-writing bragged of ... even by the Catholics. Not one signature ... by a man who was supposedly the savior of humans.

He must have been mute.

Crapology

I suggest you think about it ... for a change.
Liam

Denver, CO

#529177 Apr 14, 2014
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
Let me ask this question. When does a saved person receive eternal life? Just answer this simple question and all of the other questions regarding Once Saved Always Saved will be meaningless.
"He who endures to the end shall be saved"
Matt 24:13
Michael

Canada

#529178 Apr 14, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
As a militant atheist/agnostic spending night and day on this board trashing the Catholic Church while remaining silent about protestantism, it tells me life isn't so good for you. If it was, you'd either walk away from here laughing and go enjoy it OR at least be an equal opportunity Christian basher like all the other atheists. No, I think you're hiding something. I think you're a bit worried and have real doubts of your atheism and that when the time comes you'll regret walking away from the faith. And I think this trash talk is really an effort to justify what you did and an attempt at convincing yourself you've done the right thing.
Prove to me I'm wrong Mike.
.What are you talking about???...Yesterday I was on this forum for 25 minutes. The day before 30 minutes..

....You are the most non productive person I know. You are suppose to be putting in 8 solid hours a day of work, yet checking your posts, you are on line more than being productive during working hours.. You would never work for me. Your a slacker. Get off line, pick up your shovel and get back to work!!
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#529179 Apr 14, 2014
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
You are both nothing but scripture USERS ... motivated by your own VAIN-glories.

"Jesus is on my side of the fight!"

"No he's NOT. He sides with ME and MY interpretation of scriptures that I flaunt at you as truth."

The back and forth is dizzying to by-standers.

Do you honestly believe that your tactics attract people to follow you???

Could you BE that stupefied by your own hypnotic trances?

Not one kind word EVER passes between you, as you threaten each other with eternal hell.

Idiots.
Anthony MN

Champlin, MN

#529180 Apr 14, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
...They sure have their share of worldwide scandals that have gone on undetected for centuries, and a history of burning people at the stake, then centuries later make them a saint. Joan of Arc.
....Catholicism in the western world is dying a slow death. Statistics from the OFFICIAL Roman Catholic Directory and the statistics compiled by the Vatican statiscum outline the drop in the western world of the the number of priests, nuns, mass attendance, parishes without a priest, etc.
......When sales in a large corporation drop, its not the fault of the consumers. When a large religious organization loses practicing followers its not the fault of the followers.
But you're still uneasy and have doubts about whether you've made the right decision in abandoning the faith Mike. Why?
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#529181 Apr 14, 2014
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
"He who endures to the end shall be saved"
Matt 24:13
Here is another one that USES scriptures for VAIN-glories.

All preachers are of the same mindset. "Follow me! I preach truth straight from the holy God ... and all those other preachers preach lies from the devil."
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#529182 Apr 14, 2014
Preachers of religion were and are of the same mind-SET. They believe that the people of the world can't get by without their sermons.

Observe the arrogance of the supposed Buddha.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >

"For I have taken upon myself, by my own will, the whole of the pain of all things living....I resolve to dwell in each state of misfortune through countless ages...for the salvation of all beings...for it is better that I alone suffer than all beings sink to the worlds of misfortune. There I shall give myself into bondage, to redeem all the world...from the realm of death."

--a Buddhist Bodhisattva
Michael

Canada

#529183 Apr 14, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
As a militant atheist/agnostic spending night and day on this board trashing the Catholic Church while remaining silent about protestantism, it tells me life isn't so good for you. If it was, you'd either walk away from here laughing and go enjoy it OR at least be an equal opportunity Christian basher like all the other atheists. No, I think you're hiding something. I think you're a bit worried and have real doubts of your atheism and that when the time comes you'll regret walking away from the faith. And I think this trash talk is really an effort to justify what you did and an attempt at convincing yourself you've done the right thing.
Prove to me I'm wrong Mike.
..,What trash talk (lol).??? I post catholic statistics from the official roman catholic directory/Vatican statiscum. Are you stating that these well operated operations are giving us wrong information?

......I post from solid Catholic organizations and you deny them.

...I have stated there is no writings from the entire Mediterranean, outside the single agenda driven NT that a man/god named Jesus lived and died

...... Can you give me a few stories from 4bce to 30 ad, outside the bible that a Mary/Joseph, 12 apostles, John baptist, man/god Jesus lived?

.....something is terribly wrong!

.......life is good. Went to home depot/Lowes 6 times past few days, working on home projects. I whistle while I work, while you are suppose to be working.

Anthony MN

Champlin, MN

#529184 Apr 14, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
.What are you talking about???...Yesterday I was on this forum for 25 minutes. The day before 30 minutes..
....You are the most non productive person I know. You are suppose to be putting in 8 solid hours a day of work, yet checking your posts, you are on line more than being productive during working hours.. You would never work for me. Your a slacker. Get off line, pick up your shovel and get back to work!!
lol. Business is thriving, despite Obummer and the People's Republic of Minnesota.

Why won't you answer my questions or disprove my conclusions about you?
Gods R Delusions x Mine

Orlando, FL

#529185 Apr 14, 2014
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
Joh_14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life:
no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.
JESUS SAID
Joh 10:1 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that entereth not by the door into the sheepfold, but climbeth up some other way, the same is a thief and a robber.
Joh 10:2 But he that entereth in by the door is the shepherd of the sheep.
Joh 10:3 To him the porter openeth; and the sheep hear his voice: and he calleth his own sheep by name, and leadeth them out.
Joh 10:4 And when he putteth forth his own sheep, he goeth before them, and the sheep follow him: for they know his voice.
Joh 10:5 And a stranger will they not follow, but will flee from him: for they know not the voice of strangers.
<quoted text>
God has revealed Himself to EVERYONE. Please read Romans 1:18-20, 18 "For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who by their unrighteousness suppress the truth. 19 For what can be known about God is plain to them, because God has shown it to them. 20 For his invisible attributes, namely, his eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly perceived, ever since the creation of the world, in the things that have been made. So they are without excuse."
It is amazing how the born-agains Protestants like you and fundie catholics like hojo are almost exactly alike.

A belief in a small-minded, unjust, angry little god.

Maybe it's more about yourselves, than anything about a creator of all things?

Either way, you have both faithfully blinded yourselves to a greater Universe.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#529186 Apr 14, 2014
So according to that dogma the Buddha believed he had to reincarnate in many lifetimes of his own suffering to release humans from the bondage of suffering.

The Catholic theologians taught that Jesus (Ihcuc) only came once to suffer for humanity and the next time he comes he won't be crucified. He will just come to take the "repentant" sinners to Catholicized "heaven."

Had theologians used the term philosophy ... humans would never have taken the dogmas as being trustworthy, and that would have spared humanity all those religious wars started by the theologians.
Anthony MN

Champlin, MN

#529187 Apr 14, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
..,What trash talk (lol).??? I post catholic statistics from the official roman catholic directory/Vatican statiscum. Are you stating that these well operated operations are giving us wrong information?
......I post from solid Catholic organizations and you deny them.
...I have stated there is no writings from the entire Mediterranean, outside the single agenda driven NT that a man/god named Jesus lived and died
...... Can you give me a few stories from 4bce to 30 ad, outside the bible that a Mary/Joseph, 12 apostles, John baptist, man/god Jesus lived?
.....something is terribly wrong!
.......life is good. Went to home depot/Lowes 6 times past few days, working on home projects. I whistle while I work, while you are suppose to be working.
lol. We know you post Catholic statistics. But you're a militant atheist/agnostic. Why aren't you an equal opportunity Christian trash talker like all other atheist/agnostics? Why are you hiding the fact that you're obsession with Catholic bashing stems from your insecurities about your abandonment of the faith?
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#529188 Apr 14, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
..,What trash talk (lol).???.....
Trash-talk is minor stuff. When preachers of religion start claiming that you are EVIL is when you better run for cover, as you might find your self burning to death at the hands of those who believe they know a servant of god from a servant of the devil.

June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#529189 Apr 14, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
lol. We know you post Catholic statistics. But you're a militant atheist/agnostic.
Atheist don't want you to fight over religion. Why would you refer to that as being "militant???"

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 6 min Jeb Stewart 24,926
American Soldiers - Duty, Honor, Country (Jun '11) 14 min DENG 39,257
Got any good jokes?? (Mar '07) 58 min Gray Box 1,830
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr Aerobatty 985,597
Sade and Mel Blanc 1 hr Doctor REALITY 2
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 1 hr curtjester1 46,285
2510 Cantrell Road Walmart's FRIED CHICKEN is a... 1 hr Doctor REALITY 2
More from around the web