Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 560,771
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story
Regina

Toms River, NJ

#528808 Apr 12, 2014
Hippa wrote:
<quoted text>
I DID take up the challenge. I investigated the real teachings of the Roman Catholic Church and found them to be quintessentially Christian. It was a bummer, because I was raised anti-Catholic, like lots of you. My parents darn near dis-owned me when I told them I had found the Church, warts and all a beautiful place.
She's like a beautiful old ocean liner that people have been jumping off from for centuries. They jump off when they have a "bad experience with the Church" Like no sex outside marriage. Like no divorce. Like no contraception. No cohabitation. No abortion. No women priests. Like indulgences. Like saint and statues and incense and water, and on and on.
So if you want to, stay on your little raft, nursing your pet ideas about bible exegesis ,(which you derived from same more recent tradition anyway ) and watch us sail to the Golden shore. You might get there on your raft, but you are missing a lot of family functions on the way. Or Get on board. You will not change the Church from the inside. It is NOT a purely human organization. Get over it and join the jounrey of faith, hope and love.
Beautiful! I agree, the Church is not a purely human organization...she is of God. Just as the Pope said, she was born from the blood and water flowing from the pierced side of Christ. Welcome home!
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#528809 Apr 12, 2014
marge wrote:
Oh dear, I see Cowboy and Gif lost their gift and Hank preaching water baptism saves.
Marge,

That's the whole problem, Marge.....you don't believe ALL of God's word.....

Baptism is God's chosen way of imparting His saving grace.

Baptism is the submission to the command of God that saves.

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#528810 Apr 12, 2014
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
THE BIBLE SAYS..
1Co_15:50 Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption.
Peter was flesh and blood and corruptible by virtue of the fact that he was not sired by the Holy Ghost..as JESUS WAS..
Yet you Roman Catholics claim that he A CORRUPTIBLE MAN ...inherited THE KINGDOM OF GOD on earth AND IS THE VICAR....OF JESUS
The incorruptible head of the Church is JESUS CHRIST THE SON OF GOD....
Col 1:17 And he(JESUS) is before all things, and by him all things consist.
Col 1:18 And he(JESUS) is the head of the body, the church: who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead; that in all things he might have the preeminence.
Col 1:19 For it pleased the Father that in him(JESUS) should all fulness dwell;
Col 1:20 And, having made peace through the blood of his cross, by him(JESUS) to reconcile all things unto himself; by him,
I say, whether they be things in earth, or things in heaven.
Col 1:21 And you, that were sometime alienated and enemies in your mind by wicked works, yet now hath he0JESUS) reconciled
Col 1:22 In the body of his flesh through death, to present you holy and unblameable and unreproveable in his sight:
NOTE
Col 1:23 If ye continue in the faith grounded and settled, and
be not moved away from the hope of the gospel,
which ye have heard, and
which was preached to every creature which is under heaven;
whereof I Paul am made a minister;
Rom 10:16 But they have not all obeyed the gospel. For Esaias saith, Lord, who hath believed our report?
Rom 10:17 So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.
Rom 10:18 But I say, Have they not heard? Yes verily, their sound went into all the earth, and their words unto the ends of the world.
The same scriptures that you so diligently use to warn others of supposed impending danger, are used by others to warn YOU of impending danger if you don't see it their way ... Yet you are too adamant in your habits to catch on to that back and forth folly.
Anthony MN

Saint Paul, MN

#528811 Apr 12, 2014
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
The Church is the body of believers ...not an institution with secular powers as the RCC HAD become ....
..when Christ said that, the Church was the believers .going town to town as,He did ..his bride, the Church is people with Christ as their foundation..
...and sorry but HE LIVES IN THEIR HEARTS ...it's ALL HIM ...
What are believers Rose? Are believers people who don't believe as you do?

“HAVE A BLESSED ”

Since: Aug 08

CHRISTMAS

#528812 Apr 12, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Rose, what the hell is wrong with you? Do you really think a faithful Catholic would NOT refer a non-believer to a priest in order to be received into the Church? Are you still unable to grasp the concept that Catholics believe part of becoming a Christian, part of the process of accepting Christ includes receiving the sacraments? And that for one to receive the sacraments they become part of the church?
It was theoretical..obviously you would want someone to go to a priest you trust ...I get that.

What if they did NOT like priests...what if the Churches were closed ...point was JESUS ...IS ALL.. not the clergy , not the RCC ...after they have Jesus,in their heart..He will guide them ...and may indeed decide to go to a,Church , if they still exist ....the way God is being put out of our lives , who knows ???? We have to have faith in Jesus to heal ...
Regina

Toms River, NJ

#528813 Apr 12, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
The Muslims don't reject "GOD" ... yet you believe that they will spend eternity in hell.
They believe in the same Abrahamic invention of a god as do you.
If you don't see how you use your own religion to ingratiate your self as special ... that is YOUR problem.
Nope, don't believe that at all. You're mistaking me for a protestant.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#528814 Apr 12, 2014
who="Michael" <quoted text>
...How can anyone be so sure that a man named Jesus actually did the things and lived his life the way a few men claimed he did if all these stories were all written decades after he supposedly lived?
...As the story goes for over 30 years this man was known to Jews as the messiah, yet no matter how many good deeds or so called miracles he performed his life was supposedly ended because over 30 years his own people were skeptical of him and sent him to his death, as the Christian only story claims.

----------
Michael, the Jews who demanded Jesus' death were the 'church officials' who were scared of Him, and so proud of their position, they could not risk having Him displace them. To them He was what one would call a 'Redneck', a 'hillbilly' who didn't belong "inside the Beltway".

Haven't you watched the video's of Germans burning huge stacks of Bibles, or read how that other countries have done the same thing? That has been going on for ages; the 'officials' then and now wished to erase every sign of Him. There is a huge effort going on to remove all crosses from the U.S. "They" don't wish to be reminded of Him here, either.

It isn't that nothing has been written...but that huge bonfires have devoured much of it. We have a Bible today because men and women have hidden it, often paying for the deed with their lives.

Prince George, Canada

#528815 Apr 12, 2014
Gods R Delusions x Mine wrote:
<quoted text>
If you don't know, maybe the devil does own you. After all, that whose "holy book you are using, right?
Con-frinting with the word only relates to his bad deeply ingrained habit of seeing evil in others and holiness and purity in his self.

But he's just one among billions of humans who were/are totally stuck in such mindsets.
Anthony MN

Saint Paul, MN

#528816 Apr 12, 2014
who="RoSesz" <quoted text>
WHAT do you think falling away means,...?? Going into Sin, WORSHIPPING idols, denying Christ as Lord ??
Serious,question, Marge,
----------
"Falling away" is not a matter of stumbling into a temptation, and doing some foolish thing we shouldn't do. The BIble says that if we confess such to God, "He is faithful and just to forgive us, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness (sinful behavior, NOT unbelief)".
Scripture says that "there is a sin unto death". That is the 'sin' of falling away from God, and denying His existence...unbelief
You're misquoting 1 John.

Prince George, Canada

#528817 Apr 12, 2014
Regina wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope, don't believe that at all. You're mistaking me for a protestant.
OH ... so you believe that the Muslims WILL be allowed in your Christian heaven HUH???

Liar!!!
Anthony MN

Saint Paul, MN

#528818 Apr 12, 2014
<quoted text>
THE BIBLE SAYS..
1Co_15:50 Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption.
Peter was flesh and blood and corruptible by virtue of the fact that he was not sired by the Holy Ghost..as JESUS WAS..
Yet you Roman Catholics claim that he A CORRUPTIBLE MAN ...inherited THE KINGDOM OF GOD on earth AND IS THE VICAR....OF JESUS
The incorruptible head of the Church is JESUS CHRIST THE SON OF GOD....
Col 1:17 And he(JESUS) is before all things, and by him all things consist.
Col 1:18 And he(JESUS) is the head of the body, the church: who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead; that in all things he might have the preeminence.
Col 1:19 For it pleased the Father that in him(JESUS) should all fulness dwell;
Col 1:20 And, having made peace through the blood of his cross, by him(JESUS) to reconcile all things unto himself; by him,
I say, whether they be things in earth, or things in heaven.
Col 1:21 And you, that were sometime alienated and enemies in your mind by wicked works, yet now hath he0JESUS) reconciled
Col 1:22 In the body of his flesh through death, to present you holy and unblameable and unreproveable in his sight:
NOTE
Col 1:23 If ye continue in the faith grounded and settled, and
be not moved away from the hope of the gospel,
which ye have heard, and
which was preached to every creature which is under heaven;
whereof I Paul am made a minister;
Rom 10:16 But they have not all obeyed the gospel. For Esaias saith, Lord, who hath believed our report?
Rom 10:17 So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.
Rom 10:18 But I say, Have they not heard? Yes verily, their sound went into all the earth, and their words unto the ends of the world.
"Yet you Roman Catholics claim that he A CORRUPTIBLE MAN ...inherited THE KINGDOM OF GOD on earth AND IS THE VICAR....OF JESUS"

By all means quote scripture. Leave your perverted personal opinions out of it. You have no authority. You do not speak for God. Sorry.

Prince George, Canada

#528819 Apr 12, 2014
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
JESUS ...IS ALL.. not the clergy ...
According to common sense religious dogma, Jesus was a Jewish Rabbi ... not a Christian.

Why do you keep on trying to make his image over into your image???

WHY ... other than to placate your own emotional PLEASURE???

Prince George, Canada

#528820 Apr 12, 2014
Judaism's view of Jesus

Judaism generally views Jesus as one of a number of false messiahs who have appeared throughout history.[1] Jesus is viewed as having been the most influential, and consequently the most damaging, of all false messiahs.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Judaism 's_view_of_Jesus
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#528821 Apr 12, 2014
marge wrote:
As you all know I believe it impossible to lose that Gift.
Marge,

To backslide is to go backwards in your spiritual life!

Proverbs 14:12

12 There is a way that appears to be right,
but in the end it leads to death.

Prince George, Canada

#528822 Apr 12, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
You're misquoting 1 John.
Your Catholic church fathers misquoted Jewish literature and added Jesus and the devil to their own spin of words. But that doesn't seem to bother you whatsoever.
Regina

Toms River, NJ

#528823 Apr 12, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
The problem is, both of you believe that you spot only the truth in the scriptures.
Words have different meanings to different people.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>
The Use and Misuse of Language edited by S. I. Hayakawa.
General semanticists know it is hard to make the average person realize that he brings meaning to the word, that the word does not contain any meaning.
Nope again, June. Protestants are the ones who are bible alone and believe in private interpretation of scripture.

True, words have different meanings to different people, which is why the Church interprets scripture, not the individual, and she appeals to the apostles and what the Church has always taught, not to what someone dreamed up in their living room 2,000 years later.

Prince George, Canada

#528824 Apr 12, 2014
They changed and change their stories ... AT WILL.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>

In the book "Signs and Symbols in Christian Art" ... there is a long story about St. Nicholas and all his achievements. It goes on and on and on, but at the start of the long convoluted story it states. "St. Nicholas of Myrna or Bari (fourth century) is regarded by historians as a purely legendary character who is supposed to have lived in the fourth century."

The men in the Vatican have now removed many of the supposed saints as nonexistent characters.

Prince George, Canada

#528825 Apr 12, 2014
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Marge,
To backslide is to go backwards in your spiritual life!
Tit for tat ... RIGHT???

What you point at others might be happening to you without you even realizing it is occurring.

Religion is arrogant bunkology

Prince George, Canada

#528826 Apr 12, 2014
Regina wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope again, June. Protestants are the ones who are bible alone and believe in private interpretation of scripture.
Why are you so convinced that you are right and they are wrong???

All of you interpret scriptures to your own "benefits." "I am saved and others are lost." I am pure of thought and others are NOT."

Both Protestants and Catholics make it all about your selves and your own supposed salvations.

You keep pointing fingers outward, rather than admitting that you can only change your own behavior ... and that starts with YOU.
Gods R Delusions x Mine

Orlando, FL

#528827 Apr 12, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
OH ... so you believe that the Muslims WILL be allowed in your Christian heaven HUH???
Liar!!!
There is "no salvation outside the Church."

OK, that has been officially changed, but the fundy catholics don't believe it.

Imagine going to mass every single week, only to be told "not required."

"June too can be saved."

Troubling :o)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 2 min Hidingfromyou 779,418
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 11 min Charlie Sheen 265,603
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 38 min RiccardoFire 96,870
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 1 hr Student 39,398
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 1 hr WasteWater 5,162
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 1 hr mike 605,394
Will the False Prophet come from the Vatican??? 1 hr Just Think 29
Gay snapchat names 5 hr edm732 188
Moses never existed 6 hr KiMare 862
More from around the web