Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 647121 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

hojo

Chaska, MN

#529012 Apr 13, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
...I bring the facts, I bring the truth. Life is good. How could I want more?
You bring "nothing" but distorted and manipulated "opinions" from "liberal (so-called) Catholic polls that (again) use telephone polsters who contact other liberal Catholics "that think like them" in order to get the "exact results they want"!!!.......Those minority polling groups who support married priests, women priests, gay marriage, abortion, ebroyonic stem cell research, euthenasia----etc.---none of which represent ANYTHING that the vast majority of faith-filled Catholics or Catholic Churches adheres to, teaches, believes or supports. You are totally "out-of touch" with the doctrinal teachings and current growth of the Catholic Church regarding the TRUE FAITH, the overflowing priestly seminary vocations and the growth of the convents of young sisters (who wear habits) of which is now the highest in 40 years. You, Michael, continue to live in your "negative hostile world" of anti-catholic vengeance with "an axe to grind" hatred against the Catholic Church in which you will "dig up" ANY kind of distorted statistics that will help keep your vindictive attitude "heated up" against Jesus Christ and His One True Catholic Church. Again---if your agnostic/atheistic life is so good--then go live it and quit attacking the faith of other Christians (especially Catholics) with you perverted, skewed and manipulated liberal statistics!!!!!
hojo

Chaska, MN

#529013 Apr 13, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
You are a liar!!!! That is why you are not answering my question
I already told you that I only anwer heretics once!!---just -to tell them that they are heretics!!
Oops!!! That's twice!!!
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#529014 Apr 13, 2014
Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text>Actually Melchizedek is none other than ..........CHRIST HIMSELF.
The very name when broken down is MELCHI (KING) and ZADEK ( THE RIGHTEOUS OR THE JUST). Only one man is KING OF THE RIGHTEOUS AND THAT'S CHRIST. Then further check out the description given of him in Hebrews 7 if my memory serves me right.
Also He was the only one that served in BOTH OFFICES AS KING AS WELL AS HIGH PRIEST. Christ is our KING AS WELL AS OUR HIGH PRIEST.
Tony,

Abram meets up with Melchizedek.

Genesis 14:18-20

18 Then Melchizedek king of Salem brought out bread and wine. He was priest of God Most High, 19 and he blessed Abram, saying,

“Blessed be Abram by God Most High,
Creator of heaven and earth.
20 And praise be to God Most High,
who delivered your enemies into your hand.”

Then Abram gave him a tenth of everything.

Not only did Melchizedek bless Abraham, but Abraham offered a sacrifice, a tithe to Melchizedek.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#529015 Apr 13, 2014
Tony17 wrote:
The very name when broken down is MELCHI (KING) and ZADEK ( THE RIGHTEOUS OR THE JUST). Only one man is KING OF THE RIGHTEOUS AND THAT'S CHRIST. Then further check out the description given of him in Hebrews 7 if my memory serves me right.
Also He was the only one that served in BOTH OFFICES AS KING AS WELL AS HIGH PRIEST. Christ is our KING AS WELL AS OUR HIGH PRIEST.
Tony,

Under the Law of Moses......for a person to be a priest, he needed a genealogy that traced his lineage back to Aaron.

Without the written record of his lineage, he could not serve as priest.
Michael

Canada

#529016 Apr 13, 2014
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
You bring "nothing" but distorted and manipulated "opinions" from "liberal (so-called) Catholic polls that (again) use telephone polsters who contact other liberal Catholics "that think like them" in order to get the "exact results they want"!!!.......Those minority polling groups who support married priests, women priests, gay marriage, abortion, ebroyonic stem cell research, euthenasia----etc.---none of which represent ANYTHING that the vast majority of faith-filled Catholics or Catholic Churches adheres to, teaches, believes or supports. You are totally "out-of touch" with the doctrinal teachings and current growth of the Catholic Church regarding the TRUE FAITH, the overflowing priestly seminary vocations and the growth of the convents of young sisters (who wear habits) of which is now the highest in 40 years. You, Michael, continue to live in your "negative hostile world" of anti-catholic vengeance with "an axe to grind" hatred against the Catholic Church in which you will "dig up" ANY kind of distorted statistics that will help keep your vindictive attitude "heated up" against Jesus Christ and His One True Catholic Church. Again---if your agnostic/atheistic life is so good--then go live it and quit attacking the faith of other Christians (especially Catholics) with you perverted, skewed and manipulated liberal statistics!!!!!
....Graduate level catholic seminarians in the USA in 2013.....3,694.
... Graduate level seminarians 1965 in the USA in 1965.... 8,325.
,..Graduate level seminarians 2005.......3,308.

......Roman catholic churches 1965!......17,637.........2013 ...... 17,413

.....As you can see these are exact precise numbers, not wild guesstimates you use.

....I bring the truth for Hojo and others. The truth they claim to deny.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#529017 Apr 13, 2014
Tony17 wrote:
Tony,

Book of Hebrews says,

...beyond all contradiction the lesser is blessed by the better.

Hebrews 7:8

8 In the one case, the tenth is collected by people who die; but in the other case, by him who is declared to be living.

The Levitical priests received tithes through their lifetime....but they were subject to death.

They were merely mortal men who received tithes for a time, but the Lord being of the Melchizedek order did not come

Hebrews 7:16

16 one who has become a priest not on the basis of a regulation as to his ancestry but on the basis of the power of an indestructible life.
Patriot

Longmont, CO

#529018 Apr 13, 2014
Italy's bishops pass Vatican-backed rule that child molestation does not have to be reported

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europ...
marge

Leesburg, GA

#529019 Apr 13, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Common sense would be to follow Christ and the teachings of the apostles and those they taught. You can find these teachings in Sacred Scripture and the writings and examples of those who heard the apostles with their own ears, which we call Sacred Tradition.
Blessings to you during this Holy Week.
Did you know that in the four gospels the 'church' is only mentioned like twice but the 'kingdom of God' is mentioned like 83 times?

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#529020 Apr 13, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Common sense would be to follow Christ and the teachings of the apostles and those they taught. You can find these teachings in Sacred Scripture and the writings and examples of those who heard the apostles with their own ears, which we call Sacred Tradition.
And you also blessings,on you and your loved ones

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#529021 Apr 13, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Common sense,plus spiritual leading tells me I have known those with Christ in their lives within more than one Church and denomination..Common sense says the RCC is,not the only path to Christ.

Scripture tells me being born again is what Jesus preached ...

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#529022 Apr 13, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
Judas was a hero!. As the story goes you believe Jesus God was sent to earth by God to piss off his religious leaders so badly that they wanted him dead so he could fulfill his mandate.....dieing for you. As the story goes without Judas turning Jesus into authorities how was Jesus God going to full fill his orders to die for you. According to the story Judas made that happen.
....,If Judas did not turn Jesus in, how was Jesus going to die for you.......therefore Judas was a hero.
....The bible claims a small crowd was given authority to execute Jesus or Barabas. How would Christianity have started if the crowd who had a 50/50 choice had screamed Barnabas instead of Jesus.
...You should be applauding Judas.......
And don't believe you believe that ..

God KNEW,what would happen...i always wondered why they even needed Judas ..i guess to find the Garden?? They would have killed Him then or later ...

He wasn't trying to make them angry ..the scary thing is that the high priest may have known He was Messiah and did not want to give up power ...or he was afraid to upset the status,quo...either way, they could have repented and made the temple a true place of godly practice ...it was they , not Judas that God KNEW,would kill His Son..the RELIGION they promoted over true love of God.

The people believed Jesus...many anyway ..he was love to all but the hypocrites..

Judas was a betrayed ..period..known before Creation as such...yet even he had few will to repent.....he chose not to.....NOT A HERO ...maybe he was trying to force Jesus to triumph as the zealots wanted or he was just a weak man...only God knows not you or I
Michael

Canada

#529023 Apr 13, 2014
Patriot wrote:
Italy's bishops pass Vatican-backed rule that child molestation does not have to be reported
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europ...
...Doesn't surprise anyone.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#529024 Apr 13, 2014
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Common sense,plus spiritual leading tells me I have known those with Christ in their lives within more than one Church and denomination..Common sense says the RCC is,not the only path to Christ.
Scripture tells me being born again is what Jesus preached ...
The Church is the path Jesus designated.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#529025 Apr 13, 2014
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
I already told you that I only anwer heretics once!!---just -to tell them that they are heretics!!
Oops!!! That's twice!!!
You are a liar...I am a born again son of God....and you have never answered my questions regards who built the churches I have shown you from Scripture...you have never acknowledged the truth in your NABre Bible that clearly shows you are a liar...you have never answered my question regarding why none of the seven churches in Rev are not referred to as Catholic....etc etc...

Why you will not answer my questions??? Because the answers prove you are a liar....
Patriot

Longmont, CO

#529026 Apr 13, 2014
"And GOD'S Testimony is this, that He has given us Eternal Life http://biblehub.com/john/3-16.htm , and this Life is in His Son. He who has the Son has this Life; he who does not have the Son (Lamb) of GOD does not have this Life." http://biblehub.com/1_john/5-11.htm vs 11,12

"Don't you know that you yourselves are GOD'S temple and that GOD'S Spirit dwells in you?" http://biblehub.com/1_corinthians/3-16.htm

"Speaking Truth in love, we will grow to become in every respect the mature body of Him who is the Head, which is Christ." http://biblehub.com/ephesians/4-15.htm
hojo

Waconia, MN

#529027 Apr 13, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
You are a liar...I am a born again son of God....and you have never answered my questions regards who built the churches I have shown you from Scripture...you have never acknowledged the truth in your NABre Bible that clearly shows you are a liar...you have never answered my question regarding why none of the seven churches in Rev are not referred to as Catholic....etc etc...
Why you will not answer my questions??? Because the answers prove you are a liar....
I have already told you that I only respond to heretics only once ---just to tell them that they are heretics!!!!----Oops: now it is three times!!!
Patriot

Longmont, CO

#529028 Apr 13, 2014
"To The Law http://biblehub.com/niv/exodus/20.htm - the basis of the Old & New Covenants http://biblehub.com/hebrews/10-16.htm - and to The Testimony http://biblehub.com/1_john/5-11.htm vs 11,12, if they speak not according to this Word, it is because there is no Light in them." http://biblehub.com/isaiah/8-20.htm

"And the dragon was enraged with the woman, and went to make war with the remnant of her seed, who keep the Commandments of GOD, and have The Testimony of Jesus." http://biblehub.com/revelation/12-17.htm

http://biblehub.com/kjv/revelation/14.htm vs 12

"Then Peter and the other Apostles answered and said, We must obey GOD rather than men." http://biblehub.com/acts/5-29.htm

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#529029 Apr 13, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
HELL!
...If there was no way to scare the followers, there would be no followers.
..The concept of Hell is a powerful tool used by most beliefs......and it works. It keeps all the protestant/catholic posters in check.
I watched a program on the Fifth Estate today about a Rabbi that lead his programmed followers from Israel to Quebec.

These idiots pop up in all religions and think they are going to save the world, when actually they pollute it with their insane superstitious fear-filled dogmas and nonsensical rituals.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>

Under the veil of Lev Tahor, Jewish sect accused of abuse

Denis Baraby with Quebec’s Youth Protection, says his concerns go far beyond education. His team opened files on 128 children, documenting underweight kids, girls with fungus on their feet and unsanitary living conditions.

“We discovered houses that were dirty, garbage all around. The children, they slept 4 or 5 in each bedroom, some [on] mattresses that were full of urine.”

http://globalnews.ca/news/1161706/under-the-v...

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#529030 Apr 13, 2014
Every idiot in most every religion wants to hold captive the one and only deity for personalized USE.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>>

Brewer’s Dictionary of Phrase & Fable by Ivor H. Evans … First published 1817.

Unam sanctam (Lat., One holy). The opening words of Boniface VIII’s BULL of 1302 declaring that there was “One holy Catholic and Apostolic Church”, membership of which was necessary for salvation.
hojo

Waconia, MN

#529031 Apr 13, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
....Graduate level catholic seminarians in the USA in 2013.....3,694.
... Graduate level seminarians 1965 in the USA in 1965.... 8,325.
,..Graduate level seminarians 2005.......3,308.
......Roman catholic churches 1965!......17,637.........2013 ...... 17,413
.....As you can see these are exact precise numbers, not wild guesstimates you use.
....I bring the truth for Hojo and others. The truth they claim to deny.
Why is it that then, NO ONE on this forum believes ANY of the "so-called truths" that you claim! The reason is that EVERY Catholic can "see through" your anti-catholic agenda "smoke screen" of distorted and manipulated statistics that have come from "liberal Catholic telephone pollsters". You are fooling and convincing NO ONE but yourself with these "phony stats"!!!
Anthony, Clay, Regina ,Star and ALL faith filled Catholics, can "see through" the "cloudy and polluted thick black (smudge) that you are so famous for !!........ I am surprised that the National Inquirer has't offered you a job yet!......they are always looking for "hack statistician" writers!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 2 min Brandy trujillo 971,835
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 22 min Bongo 49,707
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 1 hr ChristineM 445,766
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 1 hr Rosa_Winkel 105,696
Just HOW angry is Satan??? 2 hr Thinking 28
how long after taking the Vivitrol shot can i f... (Nov '12) 3 hr Sonny Wu 167
Israel End is Near (Feb '15) 3 hr Steve III 391
my cousin touches me when i am asleep and i kin... (Mar '14) 10 hr poptropaa 44
topix drops human sexuality forum.......this be... 19 hr Jockfullonutz 28
More from around the web