Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 641910 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Feb 14

Location hidden

#528969 Apr 13, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
There is an old saying that truth is the first casualty in the courtroom, and that is probably correct.
Whether in or not in religion, humans are liars.
I watched a program yesterday where an admitted woman of the Catholic faith was caught on video hiring a hit-man to kill her husband. She wanted the fancy house, the million dollar insurance policy and she wanted him dead because she hated his guts and everything about him. And she was laughing as she spoke to the under-cover officer that she was certain was the hit-man.
I suggest that it was greed that motivated her, and greed has nothing to do with a devil. It has everything to do with being a mortal human animal ... period.
If we don't take responsibility for our own emotional states ... religion will keep on with it's silly tales of devils luring us into temptation.
BWAAAGHHH
You're crazy as he!! June. HaHaHa! Double down on them Xanax!

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#528970 Apr 13, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course you invest all your faith in the idea that you are special to "God," because you are afraid of the other option ... which is HELL.
You can't BE honest with others until you are honest with your self.
When you were an Atheist, you ADMITTED that religion is based on such FEAR. And that fear is caused by the belief in hell. You know it, and I know it.
Then you contradicted your self and rejoined your religion of FEAR, and now try to convince others that you once again have FAITH.
I suggest you have faith in FEAR.
June

Whether I am in, or out of religion, there is a certain aspect of fear which can motivate people towards salvation with God.

However, after moving in faith, one finds that fear is imperfect. But love is perfect. Its there for people to find on their own, or study in books.

It is because you refuse to experience love that you reduce all others to your level, or below.

It is like you want to make salt, but are refusing that one of the elements exists. And you say, " I don't know.", as an excuse, for soft agnosticism. But you are smart enough to know....

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#528971 Apr 13, 2014
“One reason why birds and horses are not unhappy is because they are not trying to impress other birds and horses.”

Dale Carnegie

Prince George, Canada

#528972 Apr 13, 2014
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
It is because you refuse to experience love that you reduce all others to your level, or below.
You are the one who puts your faith in the existence of hell for those who are not saved, as is your hope for your self.

And you dare to suggest that YOU know the meaning of the word love???

Shyster!

You were once an Atheist who taught that religion is based on FEAR.

In your case I suggest your slip back into Catholicism was based on the arrogance that Catholics would be saved and ALL others would spend eternity in hell.

You even left Protestantism to join up with the Catholics for that very reason. You thought that if you became a Catholic "GOD" would save you ... and reject the Protestants to eternal hell.

Pompous arrogant BOOB!

Prince George, Canada

#528973 Apr 13, 2014
“Be more concerned with your character than with your reputation, for your character is what you are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are.”

Dale Carnegie

Prince George, Canada

#528974 Apr 13, 2014
I don't know the meaning of the word love, but I'm darned sure that believing that others deserve hell does not corner any market on the word love.

I don't know the meaning of the word love, but I treat homosexuals with the same respect as I want for me as a heterosexual.

I don't know the meaning of the word love, but I want abortion clinics to stay open to give every woman the best care possible when she chooses to rid her body of an unwanted pregnancy.

That word love to me is illusive. I just try to do my best with each moment and accept that whatever will be ... will be.

Location hidden

#528975 Apr 13, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
“Be more concerned with your character than with your reputation, for your character is what you are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are.”
Dale Carnegie
Vanity, Gotta Love It!

Location hidden

#528976 Apr 13, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
I don't know the meaning of the word love, but I'm darned sure that believing that others deserve hell does not corner any market on the word love.
I don't know the meaning of the word love, but I treat homosexuals with the same respect as I want for me as a heterosexual.
I don't know the meaning of the word love, but I want abortion clinics to stay open to give every woman the best care possible when she chooses to rid her body of an unwanted pregnancy.
That word love to me is illusive. I just try to do my best with each moment and accept that whatever will be ... will be.
June, No One "Deserves" Hell. Free Will, you are not being forced into anything.(Choices ) "Deserve" has nothing to do with it.. You Get What You Play For..

Location hidden

#528977 Apr 13, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
You are the one who puts your faith in the existence of hell for those who are not saved, as is your hope for your self.
And you dare to suggest that YOU know the meaning of the word love???
Shyster!
You were once an Atheist who taught that religion is based on FEAR.
In your case I suggest your slip back into Catholicism was based on the arrogance that Catholics would be saved and ALL others would spend eternity in hell.
You even left Protestantism to join up with the Catholics for that very reason. You thought that if you became a Catholic "GOD" would save you ... and reject the Protestants to eternal hell.
Pompous arrogant BOOB!
June

For some reason, I cannot fathom, you insist on repeating, old posts, and thoughts, that have been explained, or reexamined, or countered.

I shall not speculate on your reasons. But it is apparent your attempt to redefine the world according to your opinion comes up short. I am not saying that you are incorrect, merely that your opinions most often seem to be presented as fact.

I suppose, if one had nothing but opinions to write about, that it would be easier to be critical of others....There's a difference from being opinionated, and being critical. You often do display a good critical mind.(Of course that is my opinion, which I admit doesn't count for much.)
hojo

Waconia, MN

#528978 Apr 13, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
Life is good for me. I am sure that bothers you.
....You try to bait non catholic posters into arguing. You start off with the phony Blessings to protestants, within a short period of time you are trying to talk over them bragging about your education as if you are better than everyone else and only you know the meanings of christian doctrines. When you realize you go too far you start with your predictable phony....apology, but you make sure you tell the poster that they were wrong too. You have an anger, and arrogance I issue.
...You are so predictable. I am sure your wife and daughters know you only too well.
If life was "so good" for you (as you claim) you wouldn't be coming on this forum for the "sole purpose" of attacking, criticizing and attempting to "undermine" the faith of us Catholics well as ripping Jesus Christ HIMSELF and His One True (Universal-Catholic Church..Instead--you would be content with living your life in peace and in the isolation quietness and serenity with your family--however we all know that CAN'T and WON'T do that because your "unbiefs" are predicated upon attacking the faith of Catholics and the Church ......The fact is that.....I/we as Catholics don't need to debate, argue or discuss ANYTHING regarding the TRUTH of the historical and biblical TRUE Doctrine of Jesus and HIS Catholic Church........because everything that we believe has been proven over and over again to be TRUE......Bible Only Protestants, atheists, and agnostics are FOREVER trying to prove what they "supposedly"
believe (or don't believe is true).........which they can not) by "attacking" over 2000 years OF
THE TRUTH that is manifested in Jesus Christ Himself and His Catholic Church!

Location hidden

#528979 Apr 13, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
June

There is a difference between Justice(which is not self-centered, but rather for the other person), and Love.

Justice on earth is part of the four virtues..., prudence, justice, fortitude, and temperance. Prudence is interwoven into the latter three.

Love is patient, kind, is not jealous, bears all things....
http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/...
I shall not explain, but it is better for you to search, if you so choose....
Michael

Canada

#528980 Apr 13, 2014
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
If life was "so good" for you (as you claim) you wouldn't be coming on this forum for the "sole purpose" of attacking, criticizing and attempting to "undermine" the faith of us Catholics well as ripping Jesus Christ HIMSELF and His One True (Universal-Catholic Church..Instead--you would be content with living your life in peace and in the isolation quietness and serenity with your family--however we all know that CAN'T and WON'T do that because your "unbiefs" are predicated upon attacking the faith of Catholics and the Church ......The fact is that.....I/we as Catholics don't need to debate, argue or discuss ANYTHING regarding the TRUTH of the historical and biblical TRUE Doctrine of Jesus and HIS Catholic Church........because everything that we believe has been proven over and over again to be TRUE......Bible Only Protestants, atheists, and agnostics are FOREVER trying to prove what they "supposedly"
believe (or don't believe is true).........which they can not) by "attacking" over 2000 years OF
THE TRUTH that is manifested in Jesus Christ Himself and His Catholic Church!
...I bring the facts, I bring the truth. Life is good. How could I want more?

....You are angry. You are defensive. You insult posters, then you go to church telling God how good you have been. You have become a mere hollow shell of your being.

Anthony MN

United States

#528981 Apr 13, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
Life is good for me. I am sure that bothers you.
....You try to bait non catholic posters into arguing. You start off with the phony Blessings to protestants, within a short period of time you are trying to talk over them bragging about your education as if you are better than everyone else and only you know the meanings of christian doctrines. When you realize you go too far you start with your predictable phony....apology, but you make sure you tell the poster that they were wrong too. You have an anger, and arrogance I issue.
...You are so predictable. I am sure your wife and daughters know you only too well.
Three sons, two daughters. Let's get back to you;

Why are you so much more concerned about Catholic numbers in the western societies than Catholics are? As an atheist/agnostic, why would you spend so much time attacking Catholics and rarely protestants? You have an agenda. I think you resent people who aren't as weak as you and haven't succumb to the worldly secular culture like you. I don't think your life is as pleasant as you make it out to be here Mike. I think you're a phony hiding behind something. What are you hiding Mike?
Anthony MN

United States

#528982 Apr 13, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
...I bring the facts, I bring the truth. Life is good. How could I want more?
....You are angry. You are defensive. You insult posters, then you go to church telling God how good you have been. You have become a mere hollow shell of your being.
It's been proposed that Satan doesn't waste his time attacking and confronting things that don't threaten him, rather, that which torments him the most is where he directs his venom and his depravity.

What is your purpose as an atheist/agnostic in exerting so much vicious energy at the Catholic Church and rarely, if ever, the protestants?

Prince George, Canada

#528983 Apr 13, 2014
“Don't be afraid of enemies who attack you. Be afraid of the friends who flatter you.”

Dale Carnegie,
>>>>>>> >>>>>

Places of worship are full of people who flatter each other for believing the same AS each other.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#528984 Apr 13, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
You're part of religion too. Except your religion is "I let the protestants convince me that it's "the bible, the Holy Spirit and me"". Sorry Rose, that's not what Christ founded. He founded the Church.
They did not convince me of any thing...I speak from common sense,and my own spiritual experience,..

I know,I love Jesus,more than I ever did...and that it was through the,leading of the,Holy Spirit .

I can pray in any Church including Catholic..I hope,to do stations next Friday if I'm well ...but I can feel His,love in my home,...

I hate to tell you this,but the arguments on this,forum ate NOT like any Catholic teaching I ever had in many ways ...it's,not just your ritual or save a ments,that are,different ...it's,the mindset of many on here ..I KNOW,one can receive and be received into loving FAITH with Our Lord outside the RCC....who DID teach me about Him ....but you folks,deny that and seem to put the,RCC above God ...in regards,to salvation...that's,just NOT true,...

I believe most of you are,sincere,Christians. But I know,very good Christians,of other faiths,....that you folks,think are,wrong, yet they live Jesus,every day of their lives...

I wish I could be a bridge, obviously I cannot ...

As far as,arguing about Mary and other mysteries, it's a waste,of time and unseemly...

...as,we will know when we can ask, if we dare ....'re,other children, her marriage, her conception....She is the earthly mother of Our Lord in his,human incarnation..He,was,fully human as,well as fully God ...the rest is,God's business and hers..

Mysteries are mysteries regardless of dogma,

I have learned much history here ...and,before here ..I've given my opinion regarding changes,allowed by God since the,Reformation...He uses,US,all ....

I am not anti Catholic though you think I am....there is,much good in your Church....but I do not believe that was always true...thank God I believe your recent POPES have made changes,...but JESUS,is the Only High Priest ....

Prince George, Canada

#528985 Apr 13, 2014
Brewers Dictionary of Phrase and Fable.

Witch-hunting was a particular pastime of 17th-century PRESBYTERIANS until after the RESTORATION. The notorious “witch-finder” Matthew Hopkins traveled through the eastern countries in the 1640s to hunt out witches and is said to have hanged 60 in one year in Essex alone. In 1647 he was tested by his own methods; when cast into the river, he floated, and so was hanged as a Wizard.

Prince George, Canada

#528986 Apr 13, 2014

The Wisest Man of Greece. So the Delphic ORACLE pronounced SOCRATES to be, and Socrates modestly made an answer:“Tis because I alone of all the Greeks know that I know nothing.”

Prince George, Canada

#528987 Apr 13, 2014
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
I speak from common sense....
Not to a Muslim or a Hindu, or a Buddhist.

Prince George, Canada

#528988 Apr 13, 2014
Hell was in-vented long before Christianity.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>

Apollyon (a pol yon). The Greek name of ABADDON, King of HELL.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 3 min Nohweh 38,719
Tamil vs Kannada. Which one is the oldest langu... (Oct '12) 3 min scavenger 2,021
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 3 min Jake999 44,458
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 4 min Morningstargirl 18,716
American Soldiers - Duty, Honor, Country (Jun '11) 27 min USA-1 38,438
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 56 min Annaleigh 104,768
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr Ooogah Boogah 970,111
More from around the web