Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 650808 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Michael

Canada

#528912 Apr 13, 2014
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Every Catholic on this forum knows, as well as I do that these "statistics" you post are from " liberal Catholic sources" that are predicated upon "selected telephone surveys" that are (manipulated, squewed and twisted) to arrive at the EXACT Conclusions that these "hack pollsters" want to arrive at......I/we as Catholics ALL know that you anti--Catholics ALL have an "agenda" Michael---and your
agnostic "fettish vengeance" against the faith of Catholics, Jesus Christ and His Church with your manipulated statistics keeps your hostility and hatred "heated up" on a daily basis. AGAIN--- I have "no intension" as a former Bible only Protestant to remain "passive" while
people like you attack, rip, insult, name call, and criticize our Catholic Faith----just because YOU and other anti-catholic bashers have "nothing better to do each day" that (sprew you hatred against Jesus Christs One a True Cstholic Church!!!---Also, it makes "no difference to me" whether Liam or any other Cathoilcs post to me or not! We are ALL brothers and sisters in Christ, unified in the TRUE doctrine and TRUE faith of Jesus Christ and in His Catholic Church and THAT is all that matters!!!
....Give us your statistics Mr smarty-pants? You don't because the numbers are so low you are embarrassed to.

.....Tell us how many priests in 1965 in america, how many priests today? How many nuns, how many catholic students, how many catholic schools, how many deacons, percentage of practicing catholics.

.....Come on give us the numbers that you say are diiferent.........

.....I knew it!!! Silence!

.....Your just a phony! because you have nothing to back up your phony wild claims.

Unbelievable!

Michael

Canada

#528913 Apr 13, 2014
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Every Catholic on this forum knows, as well as I do that these "statistics" you post are from " liberal Catholic sources" that are predicated upon "selected telephone surveys" that are (manipulated, squewed and twisted) to arrive at the EXACT Conclusions that these "hack pollsters" want to arrive at......I/we as Catholics ALL know that you anti--Catholics ALL have an "agenda" Michael---and your
agnostic "fettish vengeance" against the faith of Catholics, Jesus Christ and His Church with your manipulated statistics keeps your hostility and hatred "heated up" on a daily basis. AGAIN--- I have "no intension" as a former Bible only Protestant to remain "passive" while
people like you attack, rip, insult, name call, and criticize our Catholic Faith----just because YOU and other anti-catholic bashers have "nothing better to do each day" that (sprew you hatred against Jesus Christs One a True Cstholic Church!!!---Also, it makes "no difference to me" whether Liam or any other Cathoilcs post to me or not! We are ALL brothers and sisters in Christ, unified in the TRUE doctrine and TRUE faith of Jesus Christ and in His Catholic Church and THAT is all that matters!!!
...None of them post to you because they know you are a loose canon, and they don't like you.
Gods R Delusions x Mine

Orlando, FL

#528914 Apr 13, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Extra ecclesiam nulla salus.
846 How are we to understand this affirmation, often repeated by the Church Fathers? Re-formulated positively, it means that all salvation comes from Christ the Head through the Church which is his Body:
Basing itself on Scripture and Tradition, the Council teaches that the Church, a pilgrim now on earth, is necessary for salvation: the one Christ is the mediator and the way of salvation; he is present to us in his body which is the Church. He himself explicitly asserted the necessity of faith and Baptism, and thereby affirmed at the same time the necessity of the Church which men enter through Baptism as through a door. Hence they could not be saved who, knowing that the Catholic Church was founded as necessary by God through Christ, would refuse either to enter it or to remain in it.
Yes, that's a change in "understanding" from 500 to 800 years ago.

However one plays the rhetoric game today, Protestants can now be saved, even after rejecting the CC.

"... knowing that the Catholic Church was founded as necessary... "

What about the millions in Europe who used to "know it," but changed their minds after two World Wars and most recently, the sex abuse crisis?

Or is the CC god like the Born-Again god -- whereby a relatively few humans actually get saved, while the majority of god's creation gets tortured for eternity?

What a strange "loving" god that would be, lol.

In fact, according to the RCC's own statistics, most Catholics don't jump through the RCC hoops every week, so most Catholics go to Hell too.

So 2000 years later, with so few being "saved" per traditional and ancient Church ground rules, did the RCC god fail, or did the RCC fail god?
Michael

Canada

#528915 Apr 13, 2014
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Correction:------ From Michaels world wide "EDITORIAL" desk of distortied statistics, twisted facts, exaggeratted opinions and perverted anti-Catholic lies!!!!----Why don 't you find a new hobby like calf roping or bull-slinging----something that you already are experienced at doing!
....CARA....Center for applied research in the catholic Apostate.
.....Cara is committed to acquiring the most up to date and accurate information of the behavior of roman catholics.
...Cara is the national leader in surveying catholics in the USA.
...Cara provides catholic parishes probably including yours the tools necessary to survey catholics in the pews.
.....Cara does not give wild estimates they give exact number totals for each catholic category they research.
.......Enough of your phony Bologna!
Michael

Canada

#528916 Apr 13, 2014
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
....Are you stating that CARA is a liberal hack giving inaccurate information?

......Center for applied research in the catholic Apostate....

....and your ghost statistics are right
Gods R Delusions x Mine

Orlando, FL

#528917 Apr 13, 2014
pusherman_ wrote:
<quoted text> I like messing with her. she is comical for real..
Who is messing with whom? Why do you keep asking why she is here?

Seems like "grams" gets under your thin skin.

If your god made an ounce of sense, maybe you wouldn't get so edgy?

Come to the lite of the MORAL GOD.

Ramen

Since: Feb 14

Location hidden

#528918 Apr 13, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
...Insults, and name calling don't phase her. She has her opinion about religion just like everyone else.
........ If someone had the smoking gun of truth we would all join that belief, but what we have is a hodge podge of family hand me down tradional beliefs to become what mom and dad wanted us to become......just like them! and everyone of these many hand me down beliefs instills into its members that theirs is the right and only one.
.....I was indoctrinated into the catholic faith. As most indoctrinated catholics today, I am no longer a practicing catholic.
Truth is what self wants it to be. surely your truth would be better than what any religion could tell you? you mean you were a practicing liar, as that's what the rcc is. I don't really care what phases her or you for that matter. my opinion is worth just as much as yours, or hers..to thine own self be true bud..
Gods R Delusions x Mine

Orlando, FL

#528919 Apr 13, 2014
pusherman_ wrote:
<quoted text> June, may I ask what your purpose is on here? your recruiting tactics need updated. you ain't nothing but miserable, and you're trying your damnest to get someone to buy into your BS! ain't you a little old for shyts and giggles?
Whaaaaa? June's "recruiting tactics?"

You write that she's "nothing but miserable" and "a little old for shyts and giigles?"

From that post, it sounds like she owns you.

Where's your faith? Where's the LOVE that your god supposedly teaches?

Nowhere, because your god is a delusion and you are admitting it to June in every post.

Go Junith, you "miserable" "old" lady :o)
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#528920 Apr 13, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
....Give us your statistics Mr smarty-pants? You don't because the numbers are so low you are embarrassed to.
.....Tell us how many priests in 1965 in america, how many priests today? How many nuns, how many catholic students, how many catholic schools, how many deacons, percentage of practicing catholics.
.....Your just a phony! because you have nothing to back up your phony wild claims.
Unbelievable!
Why are you so much more concerned about Catholic numbers in the western societies than Catholics are? As an atheist/agnostic, why would you spend so much time attacking Catholics and rarely protestants? You have an agenda. I think you resent people who aren't as weak as you and haven't succumb to the worldly secular culture like you. I don't think your life is as pleasant as you make it out to be here Mike. I think you're a phony hiding behind something. What are you hiding Mike?
Gods R Delusions x Mine

Orlando, FL

#528921 Apr 13, 2014
pusherman_ wrote:
<quoted text> Truth is what self wants it to be. surely your truth would be better than what any religion could tell you? you mean you were a practicing liar, as that's what the rcc is. I don't really care what phases her or you for that matter. my opinion is worth just as much as yours, or hers..to thine own self be true bud..
Another post oozing with anger, certainly NOT the LOVE that Jesus taught.

Come to the lite.

Ramen
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#528922 Apr 13, 2014
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Religion..
You're part of religion too. Except your religion is "I let the protestants convince me that it's "the bible, the Holy Spirit and me"". Sorry Rose, that's not what Christ founded. He founded the Church.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#528923 Apr 13, 2014
Gods R Delusions x Mine wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, that's a change in "understanding" from 500 to 800 years ago.
However one plays the rhetoric game today, Protestants can now be saved, even after rejecting the CC.
"... knowing that the Catholic Church was founded as necessary... "
What about the millions in Europe who used to "know it," but changed their minds after two World Wars and most recently, the sex abuse crisis?
Or is the CC god like the Born-Again god -- whereby a relatively few humans actually get saved, while the majority of god's creation gets tortured for eternity?
What a strange "loving" god that would be, lol.
In fact, according to the RCC's own statistics, most Catholics don't jump through the RCC hoops every week, so most Catholics go to Hell too.
So 2000 years later, with so few being "saved" per traditional and ancient Church ground rules, did the RCC god fail, or did the RCC fail god?
500-800 years ago the was only one Christian Church in the west. If you were a Christian, you were Catholic. Since the protestants came from us, we cannot deny they possess some elements of truth which they took away with them. Another way to look at it; your son is still your son, even if he rejects you and moves away.

Since: Feb 14

Location hidden

#528924 Apr 13, 2014
June must be at "church" this morning brushing up on her recruiting tactics, hahaha! remember June, you are to sit quietly or, NO SOUP FOR YOU!! I am just oozing with anger June, I almost didn't make it to the throne..

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#528925 Apr 13, 2014
marge wrote:
God is the only One good, He will not lie to you.
Men wrote ALL of the words that they referred to as "messages" from gods. and the supposed messages are in conflict with each other.

You will see. But only when you choose to see.

This forum is only one minute example of the right-fighting that occurs world over because of the illusionary seduction of religion.

Prince George, Canada

#528926 Apr 13, 2014
pusherman_ wrote:
<quoted text> Isn't Ergot something of a Hallucinogenic? maybe responsible for Salem Witch Trials..
Yes Ergot is hallucinogenic.

The witch trials were another matter. One has to be taught that witches are real before the frightened humans want to kill the ones they perceive are "witches."
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>

RYE ERGOT AND WITCHES

Today we ask: Is it from God? Is it from the Devil? Or is it from the bread we eat?

http://www.uh.edu/engines/epi1037.htm
Gods R Delusions x Mine

Orlando, FL

#528927 Apr 13, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
500-800 years ago the was only one Christian Church in the west. If you were a Christian, you were Catholic. Since the protestants came from us, we cannot deny they possess some elements of truth which they took away with them. Another way to look at it; your son is still your son, even if he rejects you and moves away.
It sounds like you are making that up.

Like I said, a major change from prior teachings prior to Vatican 2, and certainly since before 1900.

And whom is following whom?

"Protestants also took the initiative in creating religious freedom, the starting-point of human rights. Freedom of conscience had had high priority on the theological, philosophical, and political agendas since Luther refused to recant his beliefs before the Diet of the Holy Roman Empire at Worms (1521). In his view, faith was a free work of the Holy Spirit and could therefore not be forced on a person. The persecuted Anabaptists and Huguenots demanded freedom of conscience, and they practised separation of church and state. In the early seventeenth century, Baptists like John Smyth and Thomas Helwys published tracts in defence of religious freedom. Their thinking influenced John Milton and John Locke's stance on tolerance."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Protestantism
hojo

Waconia, MN

#528928 Apr 13, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
Unbelievable!
You are " living in the past" Michael , using every obsolete " liberal hack sources" that you can find that "have little or no relevance when it comes to what the Catholic Church actually believes and teaches--AND ----the reality of today's "growing in the faith and salvation in Jesus Christ --that totally escapes your distorted statistics!!!...... FACE IT!!!....... Your life is centered around -anti-Catholic (bashing) and nothing else --"hell bent" on digging up ANYTHING and EVERYTHING negative there is that will further your anti-Catholic hostile agenda........ Want to do us Cathoilcs a "favor Michael????......Quit attacking and ripping our CathoLic faith, Jesus Christ and HIs Church and "go live your agnostic and/or atheistic life (alone) in the basement of your house --since your are so convinced of it.----However, we all know that you "can't and won't do that because your beliefs (or lack of) won't allow you to do that without hostily attacking ANYONES Christian faith especially Catholics because of your ongoing animosity and vengeance that has corrupted your mind , heart and soul !!!
Gods R Delusions x Mine

Orlando, FL

#528929 Apr 13, 2014
pusherman_ wrote:
June must be at "church" this morning brushing up on her recruiting tactics, hahaha! remember June, you are to sit quietly or, NO SOUP FOR YOU!! I am just oozing with anger June, I almost didn't make it to the throne..
So now she has you almost pooping in your pants!

You protest too much. Where's the LOVE?

Ramen

Prince George, Canada

#528930 Apr 13, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
Unbelievable!
Religion is archaic nonsense.

If we don't deal with human problems AS human problems rather than devils and gods motivating doing the motivating ... we will stay under the dark spell of religion.

Many might stay in the churches out of habit ... but they don't abide by any supposed rules from gods. And from my perspective, neither should they. I suggest (as an example) that a human fetus is of no more importance than the fetus in a monkey.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >

From the book “Moments on Maple Avenue … The reality of Abortion, by Louise Kapp
Howe, published in 1984 … comes the following …………….

You know, it’s interesting who protests and who doesn’t. Over 90 percent of the women coming to one of our clinics for abortions are Catholic. They don’t necessarily have more of a problem about what they are doing than others. It seems to be more of a matter of individuals, doesn’t it?”

Prince George, Canada

#528931 Apr 13, 2014
pusherman_ wrote:
<quoted text> Truth is what self wants it to be.
Concepts of truth are opinions, and we all have opinions, or beliefs.

Truth, if it exists at all, is another subject entirely.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 6 min Joe Fortuna 56,385
Is Satan behind mixed-race relationships? 14 min Steve III 7
MH370 FACT:Captain Ahmad Shah Zahare is a MASS ... 20 min Doctor REALITY 3
Tamil vs Kannada. Which one is the oldest langu... (Oct '12) 1 hr sundar 2,040
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 1 hr Toby 106,099
White gay slaves who like black masters (Nov '14) 1 hr blackdick 6
sexy hot chats (Dec '14) 2 hr boy 60
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 2 hr brandy trujillo 971,898
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 2 hr Steve III 45,013
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 4 hr Rider on the Storm 182,989
Moms having sex with their sons (Aug '12) 8 hr Ajay 74
More from around the web