Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 590257 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#528583 Apr 11, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
marge, in your judgement, are preston and confrinting born again?
LOL, I remember several years ago when marge said that GIF and myself were taught by satan

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#528584 Apr 11, 2014
confrinting with the word wrote:
OSAS.. is a myth....It is not consistent with the tenets...of the Scripture
In Revelations there are two tribes that are not included in the 144 thousand...
There was
Rev 7:4 And I heard the number of them which were sealed: and there were sealed an hundred and forty and four thousand of all the tribes of the children of Israel.
Rev 7:5 Of the tribe of Juda were sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Reuben were sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Gad were sealed twelve thousand.
Rev 7:6 Of the tribe of Aser were sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Nepthalim were sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Manasses were sealed twelve thousand.
Rev 7:7 Of the tribe of Simeon were sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Levi were sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Issachar were sealed twelve thousand.
Rev 7:8 Of the tribe of Zabulon were sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Joseph were sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Benjamin were sealed twelve thousand.
IF OSAS IS SCRIPTURAL...
WHERE IS THE TRIBE OF DAN an original patriarch?
AND WHERE IS THE TRIBE OF EPHRAIM..The oldest son of Joseph...
~~~
IF OSAS IS SCRIPTURAL WHY DID ALL THE ADULTS THAT ORIGINALLY LEFT EGYPT,.(with the exception of Joshua and Caleb )
die in the wilderness...because of their murmerings...
Their sojourn in the wilderness was/is a typology of the experience of the Christian life...
Your constant "promotion" of Protestantism as being based on truth was all written by ancient hairy old men who didn't agree on much of anything, but that they all KNEW the absolute truth ... straight from the mentality of the same supposed creator.

I suggest that you keep in mind ... the puritans burned each other at the stake as witches.

Location hidden

#528585 Apr 11, 2014
In Revelations there are two tribes that are not included in the 144 thousand...
There was
Rev 7:4 And I heard the number of them which were sealed: and there were sealed an hundred and forty and four thousand of all the tribes of the children of Israel.
Rev 7:5 Of the tribe of Juda were sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Reuben were sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Gad were sealed twelve thousand.
Rev 7:6 Of the tribe of Aser were sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Nepthalim were sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Manasses were sealed twelve thousand.
Rev 7:7 Of the tribe of Simeon were sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Levi were sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Issachar were sealed twelve thousand.
Rev 7:8 Of the tribe of Zabulon were sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Joseph were sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Benjamin were sealed twelve thousand.
IF OSAS IS SCRIPTURAL...
~~~
IF OSAS IS SCRIPTURAL WHY DID ALL THE ADULTS THAT ORIGINALLY LEFT EGYPT,.(with the exception of Joshua and Caleb )
Their sojourn in the wilderness was/is a typology of the experience of the Christian life...
the rcc would tell you that this sojourn is a type of purgatory, well at least clay would,
Anthony MN

Champlin, MN

#528586 Apr 11, 2014
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>LOL, I remember several years ago when marge said that GIF and myself were taught by satan
That may be, but according to the Christian faith, if you received a Trinitarian baptism you are indeed born again of water and the Spirit. Apparently marge thinks she's more "born again" than you folks. Maybe she should start a new denomination?

Prince George, Canada

#528587 Apr 11, 2014
There was
IF OSAS IS SCRIPTURAL...
~~~
Jehovah's Witnesses are Protestants. Do you agree with their doctrines. And if not ... why not???

They use the same bible to preach their sermons as do you.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>

Watch Tower Society literature states that Jesus' use of the term "other sheep" at John 10:16 was intended to indicate that the majority of his followers were not part of the 144,000 and would have an earthly, rather than heavenly, hope.[20][21] In the resurrection, those who died faithful to God are included in the 'other sheep' and will receive the "resurrection of the righteous" ("just" KJV) mentioned in Acts 24:15.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jehovah 's_Witnesses_and_salvation

Prince George, Canada

#528588 Apr 11, 2014
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>the rcc would tell you that this sojourn is a type of purgatory, well at least clay would,
And what scriptures would YOU use to preach right back at him that he was an idiot and that YOU are WISE???

Prince George, Canada

#528589 Apr 11, 2014
When a certain religion ruled in a kingdom.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>

To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize.

Voltaire

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON to Save us

#528590 Apr 11, 2014
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
Lets assume the Catholic Church was this horrible Roman tyranny like the fundamentals fantasize, do you notice how the doctrines and dogma stayed intact throughout the middle ages? If these Popes were so terrible, how come the teachings from the Apostles weren't altered?
Sure, protestant propaganda suggests the Church added 7 books at Trent; the Church invented the Eucharist at Trent blah blah. Those are lies Rose.
under no circumstances should the reformers undo the teachings from Christ.
What's more important? That the Bishops who occupy the Vatican live sinless lives, or that the teachings from Christ Jesus are preserved and communicated accurately from one generation to the next?
Please,read carefully

, sin is death..no one,says scripture was NOT preserved. However someplace in all that scripture is mentioned the APPEARANCE of Sin...as,regards to showing folks how Jesus followers live ....I'm sure,our scripture experts have it....

If the,RCC was in power, and it was,having declared ITSELF supreme , during the Inquisitions, Crusades, Borgia POPES, selling of Indulgences ....NO MATTER HOW,INVOLVED, and assuming total innocence???? But did NOT EXCOMMUNICATE those using the,HOLY OFFICE to commit murder...or the BLESSED KINGSHIPS, the APPEARANCE,of the Church condoning murder, torture and licentiuosness was there for history to record..no matter how,involved they were, they were powerful and did not stop it...done,IN JESUS,NAME....the fundamentalists did not make this,up out of whole cloth...

How,many souls,were lost in seeing this,done in God's,name...only God knows,.
How,many lost to Jesus..

If a,preacher today sins,publicly...or a,priest...it reflects,on God .....it just does. And turns,folks,FROM HIM..giving ammo to the Evil One,.....

So the,preacher or priest can spout preserved scripture all day ...and folks,look at ACTIONS..you've seen it here just on this,forum...basically the Church got a bad,reputation ...how,does,that affect the Faith of the,masses....

As,I said after the Reformation..your Church lost power.....Just as the Jews were sent to Babylon ....GOD works His ways .. even IF at one time the,RCC was meant to be the only CHURCH ..though I still have reservation that the supremacy was intended
FIRST shall be last etc...but say it was

...it is,Not today the ONLY vehicle of worship that GOD USES TO SPREAD HIS,WORD...nor is,it the same Church it was then...God uses who He uses, How He uses them ..HE draws folks to Him in many ways,.....and that is,fact ..one cannot limit God ..Peace

“What are you looking at?”

Albuquerque, NM

#528592 Apr 11, 2014
pusherman_ wrote:
<quoted text> Look "GUY" your recruitment tactics will not work on me, your opinion means about as much as a pile of dogshyt to me. my name means just what it says, if you don't like what I say, oh well, I don't like what you say. you're a wanna be dude and it's obvious by your post. do me a favor and go light a candle and pray I give a fk! how's that for honesty?
Odd - you can spew this sort of hatred and balance it upon the "honesty shtick", but you can't be honest about actually supporting your position.

Figures as much.

So-called "Christians" love to use this tactic when they know they can't answer honestly.

You fit right in with the tenents of Christianity - hate others, never reveal your belief, and continue to believe men and what they tell you.

*sighs*

“What are you looking at?”

Albuquerque, NM

#528593 Apr 11, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
According to other Christians that are not Gnostics, they are more informed than are you.
I don't pretend to know the future, or even if it exists.
And if you believe that they are, then it seems you support their lies.

Since: Feb 14

Location hidden

#528594 Apr 11, 2014
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Please,read carefully
, sin is death..no one,says scripture was NOT preserved. However someplace in all that scripture is mentioned the APPEARANCE of Sin...as,regards to showing folks how Jesus followers live ....I'm sure,our scripture experts have it....
If the,RCC was in power, and it was,having declared ITSELF supreme , during the Inquisitions, Crusades, Borgia POPES, selling of Indulgences ....NO MATTER HOW,INVOLVED, and assuming total innocence???? But did NOT EXCOMMUNICATE those using the,HOLY OFFICE to commit murder...or the BLESSED KINGSHIPS, the APPEARANCE,of the Church condoning murder, torture and licentiuosness was there for history to record..no matter how,involved they were, they were powerful and did not stop it...done,IN JESUS,NAME....the fundamentalists did not make this,up out of whole cloth...
How,many lost to Jesus..
If a,preacher today sins,publicly...or a,priest...it reflects,on God .....it just does. And turns,folks,FROM HIM..giving ammo to the Evil One,.....
So the,preacher or priest can spout preserved scripture all day ...and folks,look at ACTIONS..you've seen it here just on this,forum...basically the Church got a bad,reputation ...how,does,that affect the Faith of the,masses....
As,I said after the Reformation..your Church lost power.....Just as the Jews were sent to Babylon ....GOD works His ways .. even IF at one time the,RCC was meant to be the only CHURCH ..though I still have reservation that the supremacy was intended
...it is,Not today the ONLY vehicle of worship that GOD USES TO SPREAD HIS,WORD...nor is,it the same Church it was then...God uses who He uses, How He uses them ..HE draws folks to Him in many ways,.....and that is,fact ..one cannot limit God ..Peace
Anyone can say they're Christian and have an understanding of scripture, but it doesn't mean they have Christ in their Heart..

Since: Feb 14

Location hidden

#528595 Apr 11, 2014
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Odd - you can spew this sort of hatred and balance it upon the "honesty shtick", but you can't be honest about actually supporting your position.
Figures as much.
So-called "Christians" love to use this tactic when they know they can't answer honestly.
You fit right in with the tenents of Christianity - hate others, never reveal your belief, and continue to believe men and what they tell you.
*sighs*
Dude, I am not a Christian. I do believe In the Message of Christ. I am allowed to give MY OPINION on the matter, just as you or anyone else here. I hate no one, I don't look down on anyone for what they believe, it's their life, cause I don't agree with it or belong to it, doesn't mean I can't speak my peace about it. Gotta get in, where you fit in. you my not so friend, well, good luck on your Journey..you need to freshen up on your recruitment tactics. fresh fish are that way>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>>

Location hidden

#528596 Apr 11, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
That may be, but according to the Christian faith, if you received a Trinitarian baptism you are indeed born again of water and the Spirit. Apparently marge thinks she's more "born again" than you folks. Maybe she should start a new denomination?
then this Christian faith that YOU speak of is wrong. Campbell taught this also and he is in hell today. as for water baptism and being filled with the Holy Ghost per the Bible(not your lying faith), the Holy Ghost was given first and then the person was eligible to be Baptized.

and that is how God did it with me. Saved 8/25/82, filled with the Holy Ghost(per John chapter 7) and water baptized nine months later.

no one has to have the same exact timeline as myself, but this is the order according to the Bible and if you disagree, you are calling God a liar and that will doom your soul.
Liam

Saint Paul, MN

#528597 Apr 11, 2014
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Please,read carefully
How,many lost to Jesus..
So why did you guys change the teachings from the Apostles?
marge

Ames, IA

#528598 Apr 11, 2014
Oh dear, I see Cowboy and Gif lost their gift and Hank preaching water baptism saves.
marge

Ames, IA

#528599 Apr 11, 2014
As you all know I believe it impossible to lose that Gift.

Location hidden

#528600 Apr 11, 2014
marge wrote:
Oh dear, I see Cowboy and Gif lost their gift and Hank preaching water baptism saves.
and you acting like the satanic little brat that you are.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON to Save us

#528601 Apr 11, 2014
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
So why did you guys change the teachings from the Apostles?
The scripture most quote on here is John

..not changing anything ...

Ever hear of simple ...yet profound

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#528602 Apr 11, 2014
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Please,read carefully
How,many lost to Jesus..
RoSesz

Peace

No one lives up to being a perfect Christian, except Jesus Christ himself. It is therefore not our opinions or judgments that count in the end. Neither are they good as excuses for someone to not pursue a relationship with God.

If we all keep looking at the past, and history as either something better or worse, or even judging those in the past for their actions, do we not then project an "evil" judgment upon them and ourselves?

Peace

P.S. In other words, let sleeping dogs lie(lay). We do not have to have the word "belongs to this or that church" after our name when standing before God.

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#528603 Apr 11, 2014
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>the rcc would tell you that this sojourn is a type of purgatory, well at least clay would,
Preston

Peace

Although some may be graced by God with a sanctification that is never broken, most Christians, I think, know that they sinned after they were born again. The burning of the conscience that has sinned, is like the sojourn you speak of..., purgatory begins a bit early for those walking a spiritual path with Christ on earth, whether they recognize it or not.

Peace

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
maa ko chodna chata hu (May '13) 4 min maderchod 16
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 5 min waaasssuuup 838,823
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 8 min RiccardoFire 4,439
What REALLY happened between O.J.and Paula June... 34 min Doctor REALITY 15
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 38 min RiccardoFire 40,498
www.myaccountaccess.com rewards (Nov '12) 40 min cindyhoyt 16
Samantha luna loya 42 min Happigolucki 1
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 46 min RiccardoFire 99,983
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 4 hr swedenforever 176,949
Sleeping with mother (Oct '13) 20 hr Finley 31
More from around the web