Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 672775 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#528897 Apr 12, 2014
I wonder if the god would like to spend time burning in hell-fire???

My guess is ... probably not!

Bunkology

Prince George, Canada

#528898 Apr 12, 2014
Some people in religion ask "Why does God allow suffering?"

I suggest that if people would ask "Why would a god CREATE suffering?" ... there would be far less people living under the spell of religion.

If the supposed deity is all-knowing, then it knew that all forms of life were destined to suffer, while the deity being perfect doesn't even know what it feels like to BE in excruciating physical OR emotional pain. All it feels apparently is concern for itself. "I'm warning you that you had better worship me, or I will reject you to hell."

Religion is very silly.

Prince George, Canada

#528899 Apr 12, 2014
It's bad enough that we have to suffer from disease, without adding superstition to in turn cause yet more emotional suffering.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >

Brewers Dictionary of Phrase and Fable.

St. Anthony’s fire. In Mediaeval times a pestilential disease, so called from the belief that those who sought the intercession of St. Anthony recovered from this epidemic or sacred fire. It was commonly supposed to be erysipelas (Gr. Red skin) or the ROSE (from its colour) but in fact the disease was ergotism, a poisoning due to eating rye bread with fungal infection. Cp. ST. VITUS’S DANCE under VITUS.

“YESHUA IS LORD”

Since: Apr 07

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#528900 Apr 12, 2014
OldJG wrote:
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
Provide the name of one person who was saved twice.
<quoted text>
Where is the proof of your fathers salvation? Did you see his heart? Do you believe he was saved because he was a pastor? Nobody knows who is and who is not saved but God ONLY!
atemcowboy said, quote, "a few months later around 1:00, God woke me up and told me that He had not lied. a few hours later my mom came over and told me that dad was dead. when I walked over, he was kneeling beside the bed. and I preached one day about that, that God couldn't trust him so he took him away very quickly just as He did Samson. that is my testimony and it is True." End quote.
First, God cannot lie. Second, God does not trust any human being. Not even you pastor. Jeremiah 17:9, "“The heart is more deceitful than all else and is desperately sick; who can understand it?"
So apparently you believe your father was saved but loved beer more than God therefore he lost his salvation. Are you that ignorant? Ever human being loves something more than they love God. All of us. READ..........
Romans 3:9-20, "9 What then? Are we better than they? Not at all; for we have already charged that both Jews and Greeks are all under sin; 10 as it is written,“There is none righteous, not even one; 1 There is none who understands, There is none who seeks for God;
12 All have turned aside, together they have become useless; There is none who does good,
There is not even one.” 13 “Their throat is an open grave, With their tongues they keep deceiving,”“The poison of asps is under their lips”; 14 “Whose mouth is full of cursing and bitterness”; 15 “Their feet are swift to shed blood, 16 Destruction and misery are in their paths, 17 And the path of peace they have not known.” 18 “There is no fear of God before their eyes.” 19 Now we know that whatever the Law says, it speaks to those who are under the Law, so that every mouth may be closed and all the world may become accountable to God; 20 because by the works of the Law no flesh will be justified in His sight; for through the Law comes the knowledge of sin."
There is nothing we can do for God to love us more or love us less. Nothing!
Are you kidding? You're a preacher? Self appointed I'm sure
marge

Leesburg, GA

#528901 Apr 12, 2014
God is the only One good, He will not lie to you.

Since: Mar 14

Location hidden

#528902 Apr 13, 2014
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes!! And the TRUE CHURCH is what Jesus Christ initiated, formed and authenticated in Matthew 16:13-21 with Jesus the head of the Church and Peter as His "earthly representative" to lead His Church until Jesus returns for the second time..........Acts 2 "clearly" reveals Christ Universal Church ( beginning with His first Church at Antioch as visible, hierarchical and authoritative with Bishops, Priests Elders and Deacons ---(again Acts 2).....These TRUTHS have been confirmed over and over and over again for over 2000 years by the overwhelming majority of highly accredited Church historian authors and by Apologistic writers who have spent their "entire lives studying, researching and examining church history . Sorry to burst your "anti-Cathoilc bubble Marge but your "personal opinions" don't trump 2000 years of biblical and historical TRUTH !!!!
You are funny. You keep eatin sit for breakfast and takin your anti psychotics and you'll be on the mend soon. BTW, there is no need for you to watch your wife and daughter being raped by your Jesuits.

Since: Feb 14

Location hidden

#528903 Apr 13, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
It's bad enough that we have to suffer from disease, without adding superstition to in turn cause yet more emotional suffering.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >
Brewers Dictionary of Phrase and Fable.
St. Anthony’s fire. In Mediaeval times a pestilential disease, so called from the belief that those who sought the intercession of St. Anthony recovered from this epidemic or sacred fire. It was commonly supposed to be erysipelas (Gr. Red skin) or the ROSE (from its colour) but in fact the disease was ergotism, a poisoning due to eating rye bread with fungal infection. Cp. ST. VITUS’S DANCE under VITUS.
Isn't Ergot something of a Hallucinogenic? maybe responsible for Salem Witch Trials..
Michael

Canada

#528904 Apr 13, 2014
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Correction:------ From Michaels world wide "EDITORIAL" desk of distortied statistics, twisted facts, exaggeratted opinions and perverted anti-Catholic lies!!!!----Why don 't you find a new hobby like calf roping or bull-slinging----something that you already are experienced at doing!
......What distorted statistics?(lol). These statistics are from catholic conservative information sources. I have told you before check them out. If you are so smart about church statistics why don't you post them? You don't because you know I am right and it angers and frustrates you that dedicated catholicism in the west has run its course as every generation catholics become less religiously observant.

...,why don't you post to Liam and many other catholics on here? You don't because, your agenda is to name call, insult and criticize anyone not likce you.

...Why do catholics rarely post to you?

...Something is terribly wrong Hojo.
Michael

Canada

#528905 Apr 13, 2014
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Correction:------ From Michaels world wide "EDITORIAL" desk of distortied statistics, twisted facts, exaggeratted opinions and perverted anti-Catholic lies!!!!----Why don 't you find a new hobby like calf roping or bull-slinging----something that you already are experienced at doing!
...You refer to a religious group using a derogatory term for fundamentalists. Do you refer to ethnic people with derogatory names?

....You should be reported for using derogatory hateful comments, and you call yourself a child of God.

Unbelievable!

Michael

Canada

#528906 Apr 13, 2014
pusherman_ wrote:
<quoted text> June, may I ask what your purpose is on here? your recruiting tactics need updated. you ain't nothing but miserable, and you're trying your damnest to get someone to buy into your BS! ain't you a little old for shyts and giggles?
...You have a choice. Read her posts, or ignore them. Its obvious for some reason, you read them, then get upset. Why?(lol)

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#528907 Apr 13, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
"What if they did NOT like priests..."
I used to not like brussel sprouts. Then my mother many years ago made them roasted in the oven with olive oil. Now they're one of my favorite vegetables.
I'd tell then to get over it and if they sincerely wanted to become a Christian they'd come with me to meet my priest. If they refused, I'd say go take your chances with the Lutherans and then come back and see me when you realize your mistake.
Religion..

Since: Feb 14

Location hidden

#528908 Apr 13, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
...You have a choice. Read her posts, or ignore them. Its obvious for some reason, you read them, then get upset. Why?(lol)
I like messing with her. she is comical for real..
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#528909 Apr 13, 2014
<quoted text>
Provide the name of one person who was saved twice.
<quoted text>
Where is the proof of your fathers salvation? Did you see his heart? Do you believe he was saved because he was a pastor? Nobody knows who is and who is not saved but God ONLY!

atemcowboy said, quote, "a few months later around 1:00, God woke me up and told me that He had not lied. a few hours later my mom came over and told me that dad was dead. when I walked over, he was kneeling beside the bed. and I preached one day about that, that God couldn't trust him so he took him away very quickly just as He did Samson. that is my testimony and it is True." End quote.

First, God cannot lie. Second, God does not trust any human being. Not even you pastor. Jeremiah 17:9, "“The heart is more deceitful than all else and is desperately sick; who can understand it?"

So apparently you believe your father was saved but loved beer more than God therefore he lost his salvation. Are you that ignorant? Ever human being loves something more than they love God. All of us. READ..........

Romans 3:9-20, "9 What then? Are we better than they? Not at all; for we have already charged that both Jews and Greeks are all under sin; 10 as it is written,“There is none righteous, not even one; 1 There is none who understands, There is none who seeks for God;
12 All have turned aside, together they have become useless; There is none who does good,
There is not even one.” 13 “Their throat is an open grave, With their tongues they keep deceiving,”“The poison of asps is under their lips”; 14 “Whose mouth is full of cursing and bitterness”; 15 “Their feet are swift to shed blood, 16 Destruction and misery are in their paths, 17 And the path of peace they have not known.” 18 “There is no fear of God before their eyes.” 19 Now we know that whatever the Law says, it speaks to those who are under the Law, so that every mouth may be closed and all the world may become accountable to God; 20 because by the works of the Law no flesh will be justified in His sight; for through the Law comes the knowledge of sin."

There is nothing we can do for God to love us more or love us less. Nothing!
Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text>Are you kidding? You're a preacher? Self appointed I'm sure
Pastor? No, I never said I was a pastor. Thank you for asking, OldJG.
hojo

Waconia, MN

#528910 Apr 13, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
......What distorted statistics?(lol). These statistics are from catholic conservative information sources. I have told you before check them out. If you are so smart about church statistics why don't you post them? You don't because you know I am right and it angers and frustrates you that dedicated catholicism in the west has run its course as every generation catholics become less religiously observant.
...,why don't you post to Liam and many other catholics on here? You don't because, your agenda is to name call, insult and criticize anyone not likce you.
...Why do catholics rarely post to you?
...Something is terribly wrong Hojo.
Every Catholic on this forum knows, as well as I do that these "statistics" you post are from " liberal Catholic sources" that are predicated upon "selected telephone surveys" that are (manipulated, squewed and twisted) to arrive at the EXACT Conclusions that these "hack pollsters" want to arrive at......I/we as Catholics ALL know that you anti--Catholics ALL have an "agenda" Michael---and your
agnostic "fettish vengeance" against the faith of Catholics, Jesus Christ and His Church with your manipulated statistics keeps your hostility and hatred "heated up" on a daily basis. AGAIN--- I have "no intension" as a former Bible only Protestant to remain "passive" while
people like you attack, rip, insult, name call, and criticize our Catholic Faith----just because YOU and other anti-catholic bashers have "nothing better to do each day" that (sprew you hatred against Jesus Christs One a True Cstholic Church!!!---Also, it makes "no difference to me" whether Liam or any other Cathoilcs post to me or not! We are ALL brothers and sisters in Christ, unified in the TRUE doctrine and TRUE faith of Jesus Christ and in His Catholic Church and THAT is all that matters!!!
Michael

Canada

#528911 Apr 13, 2014
pusherman_ wrote:
<quoted text> I like messing with her. she is comical for real..
...Insults, and name calling don't phase her. She has her opinion about religion just like everyone else.

........ If someone had the smoking gun of truth we would all join that belief, but what we have is a hodge podge of family hand me down tradional beliefs to become what mom and dad wanted us to become......just like them! and everyone of these many hand me down beliefs instills into its members that theirs is the right and only one.

.....I was indoctrinated into the catholic faith. As most indoctrinated catholics today, I am no longer a practicing catholic.
Michael

Canada

#528912 Apr 13, 2014
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Every Catholic on this forum knows, as well as I do that these "statistics" you post are from " liberal Catholic sources" that are predicated upon "selected telephone surveys" that are (manipulated, squewed and twisted) to arrive at the EXACT Conclusions that these "hack pollsters" want to arrive at......I/we as Catholics ALL know that you anti--Catholics ALL have an "agenda" Michael---and your
agnostic "fettish vengeance" against the faith of Catholics, Jesus Christ and His Church with your manipulated statistics keeps your hostility and hatred "heated up" on a daily basis. AGAIN--- I have "no intension" as a former Bible only Protestant to remain "passive" while
people like you attack, rip, insult, name call, and criticize our Catholic Faith----just because YOU and other anti-catholic bashers have "nothing better to do each day" that (sprew you hatred against Jesus Christs One a True Cstholic Church!!!---Also, it makes "no difference to me" whether Liam or any other Cathoilcs post to me or not! We are ALL brothers and sisters in Christ, unified in the TRUE doctrine and TRUE faith of Jesus Christ and in His Catholic Church and THAT is all that matters!!!
....Give us your statistics Mr smarty-pants? You don't because the numbers are so low you are embarrassed to.

.....Tell us how many priests in 1965 in america, how many priests today? How many nuns, how many catholic students, how many catholic schools, how many deacons, percentage of practicing catholics.

.....Come on give us the numbers that you say are diiferent.........

.....I knew it!!! Silence!

.....Your just a phony! because you have nothing to back up your phony wild claims.

Unbelievable!

Michael

Canada

#528913 Apr 13, 2014
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
...None of them post to you because they know you are a loose canon, and they don't like you.
Gods R Delusions x Mine

Orlando, FL

#528914 Apr 13, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Extra ecclesiam nulla salus.
846 How are we to understand this affirmation, often repeated by the Church Fathers? Re-formulated positively, it means that all salvation comes from Christ the Head through the Church which is his Body:
Basing itself on Scripture and Tradition, the Council teaches that the Church, a pilgrim now on earth, is necessary for salvation: the one Christ is the mediator and the way of salvation; he is present to us in his body which is the Church. He himself explicitly asserted the necessity of faith and Baptism, and thereby affirmed at the same time the necessity of the Church which men enter through Baptism as through a door. Hence they could not be saved who, knowing that the Catholic Church was founded as necessary by God through Christ, would refuse either to enter it or to remain in it.
Yes, that's a change in "understanding" from 500 to 800 years ago.

However one plays the rhetoric game today, Protestants can now be saved, even after rejecting the CC.

"... knowing that the Catholic Church was founded as necessary... "

What about the millions in Europe who used to "know it," but changed their minds after two World Wars and most recently, the sex abuse crisis?

Or is the CC god like the Born-Again god -- whereby a relatively few humans actually get saved, while the majority of god's creation gets tortured for eternity?

What a strange "loving" god that would be, lol.

In fact, according to the RCC's own statistics, most Catholics don't jump through the RCC hoops every week, so most Catholics go to Hell too.

So 2000 years later, with so few being "saved" per traditional and ancient Church ground rules, did the RCC god fail, or did the RCC fail god?
Michael

Canada

#528915 Apr 13, 2014
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
....CARA....Center for applied research in the catholic Apostate.
.....Cara is committed to acquiring the most up to date and accurate information of the behavior of roman catholics.
...Cara is the national leader in surveying catholics in the USA.
...Cara provides catholic parishes probably including yours the tools necessary to survey catholics in the pews.
.....Cara does not give wild estimates they give exact number totals for each catholic category they research.
.......Enough of your phony Bologna!
Michael

Canada

#528916 Apr 13, 2014
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
....Are you stating that CARA is a liberal hack giving inaccurate information?

......Center for applied research in the catholic Apostate....

....and your ghost statistics are right

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 2 min RiversideRedneck 104,397
Let your Pigs sequel some more God!!! 57 min doG mnaDed lyoH r... 1
ladies have you ever cheated on your BF while h... (Sep '15) 4 hr Unknown 9
Essential Things You Should Know about Amazon A... 4 hr KENNY_KENNY 1
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 5 hr bad bob 184,565
American Soldiers - Profiles In cowardice. (Mar '10) 7 hr Gene Poole 1,989
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 8 hr trifecta1 981,100
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 12 hr onemale 286,297
More from around the web