Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 654292 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

hojo

Chaska, MN

#528852 Apr 12, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
.....Are you telling us you defended the guilty priests?
...That tells us the dark side about you.
Still "making up things" aren't you Michael!!!-------I NEVER have EVER said that I defend guilty priests!-----You continue to spread "distortions, exaggeratings, lies and deceit, WHENEVER and WHEREVER you have the opportunity with your anti-catholic "fettish"!
Guilty pedophile Priests --which amounts to less than 2% of ALL Catholic priests worldwide (have, will and need) to be prosecuted for their behavior. On the otherhand so do pedophile Protestant ministers and preachers along with public school teachers whose "sexual abuse" exceeds that of the Catholic Church!!.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#528853 Apr 12, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Peter also denied even knowing Christ.....three times!!!! I don't see anyone else doing that...
You don't know your KJV very well.

Jesus knew he would deny Him. He gave him the keys and the authority to bind and loose and built the Church on him anyway.

The Farce is still strong in you Yoda. Come away from the Dark Side.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#528854 Apr 12, 2014
confrinting with the word wrote:
who="Anthony MN" <quoted text>
You're misquoting 1 John.
----------
"Falling away" is not a matter of stumbling into a temptation, and doing some foolish thing we shouldn't do. The BIble says that if we confess such to God, "He is faithful and just to forgive us, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness (sinful behavior, NOT unbelief)".
Scripture says that "there is a sin unto death". That is the 'sin' of falling away from God, and denying His existence...unbelief
----------
Look closely. "if we confess such to God" is a reference to "some foolish thing"...SIN, not unbelief.
Unbelievers do not confess their unbelief to be sin; they boast about it...
Not sure what this has to do with you misquoting 1 John.

Is it possible you do in order to avoid obeying what Jesus and St. James say about confessing ours sins?

Since: Sep 13

Location hidden

#528855 Apr 12, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
Those who idolize their religious dogmas often preach about the evil on earth ... yet they choose to keep bringing more babies into life on the same earth where they preach that evil thrives and multiplies.

And many are certain it is "God's will" that they be fruitful and multiply.

They love to tell their stories and hope others will take notice and praise them in the notion that the stories are based on absolute truth.

Humans are pathetic animals "in deed."
Does that include you?

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#528856 Apr 12, 2014
who="Oxbow" <quoted text>
And there came unto me one of the seven angels which had the seven vials full of the seven last plagues, and talked with me, saying, Come hither, I will shew thee the bride, the Lamb's wife. And he carried me away in the spirit to a great and high mountain, and shewed me that great city, the holy Jerusalem, descending out of heaven from God,
This shows the holy Jerusalem as the bride, the Lamb's wife. What Scripture are you reading that contradicts this???
----------
I did not contradict it; I declared it. You must not know of the supposed 'find' of a book written by "Jesus' wife". My point was that some jesus somewhere might have a wife...but the Savior of the world has a wife to whom He is true...the holy Jerusalem.
The first rule in telling a lie is "Don't tell a lie that can easily proven a lie"

Your words: Jesus is a popular name in some countries. Just WHICH Jesus might they be talking about ??? Certainly not our Jesus Who HAS A BRIDE...THE CHURCH.

You are a proven liar....

Location hidden

#528857 Apr 12, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't know your KJV very well.
Jesus knew he would deny Him. He gave him the keys and the authority to bind and loose and built the Church on him anyway.
The Farce is still strong in you Yoda. Come away from the Dark Side.
So then....according to you, since Jesus knew he would deny him, that makes it alright...

Jesus also knew Judas would deny him...does that make this betrayal O.K.????

Jesus also knew you would be telling lies about His church....that He built the RCC and no other....does that make it right???
Michael

Canada

#528858 Apr 12, 2014
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Still "making up things" aren't you Michael!!!-------I NEVER have EVER said that I defend guilty priests!-----You continue to spread "distortions, exaggeratings, lies and deceit, WHENEVER and WHEREVER you have the opportunity with your anti-catholic "fettish"!
Guilty pedophile Priests --which amounts to less than 2% of ALL Catholic priests worldwide (have, will and need) to be prosecuted for their behavior. On the otherhand so do pedophile Protestant ministers and preachers along with public school teachers whose "sexual abuse" exceeds that of the Catholic Church!!.
...You are delusional. You protect them by criticizing others. You ought tpto be ashamed of yourself.
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#528859 Apr 12, 2014
OSAS.. is a myth....It is not consistent with the tenets...of the Scripture
In Revelations there are two tribes that are not included in the 144 thousand...
There was
Rev 7:4 And I heard the number of them which were sealed: and there were sealed an hundred and forty and four thousand of all the tribes of the children of Israel.
Rev 7:5 Of the tribe of Juda were sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Reuben were sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Gad were sealed twelve thousand.
Rev 7:6 Of the tribe of Aser were sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Nepthalim were sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Manasses were sealed twelve thousand.
Rev 7:7 Of the tribe of Simeon were sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Levi were sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Issachar were sealed twelve thousand.
Rev 7:8 Of the tribe of Zabulon were sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Joseph were sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Benjamin were sealed twelve thousand.
IF OSAS IS SCRIPTURAL...
WHERE IS THE TRIBE OF DAN an original patriarch?
AND WHERE IS THE TRIBE OF EPHRAIM..The oldest son of Joseph...
~~~
IF OSAS IS SCRIPTURAL WHY DID ALL THE ADULTS THAT ORIGINALLY LEFT EGYPT,.(with the exception of Joshua and Caleb )
die in the wilderness...because of their murmerings...
Their sojourn in the wilderness was/is a typology of the experience of the Christian life...
Nothing but lies from the first word. Where does the Bible tell a believer who has placed their trust in Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior they can lose the very gift he died to give them? Your Old Testament examples are ridiculous. Completely and utterly ridiculous!!!!
Michael

Canada

#528860 Apr 12, 2014
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
What would you have against me if I told everyone that you were married to four different men,and that in addition that you were on drugs and also running a house of prostitution as well !!!. That would mean also that you would undoubtedly be telling a different story than the one "I made up".------- just like the made up story regarding Jesus Christ being married! This is called "slander" on both sides of the fence!!!!!!). Those 21st century atheists and agnostics are "not very nice people spreading their anti-Catholic slander. They are brutes in atheistic-garb!
...What do you think Jesus wife's name was? Do you think it was Mary Magdalene or someone else not named in scriptures to protect her identity?

...Why didn't you want Jesus to have a loving wife? What is so wrong with that?

You catholics get mad at the most trivial things...

.....from Michaels worldwide news desk....
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#528861 Apr 12, 2014
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>ROTFLOL!!!!
you always quote this person who is giving just his opinion.
ARENT YOU SMART ENOUGH TO DISCUSS THIS ISSUE WITH HANK USING YOUR OWN WORDS?
IT SEEMS NOT!!!!
DEMAS HAS FORSAKEN ME, PAUL SAYS.
Yes moron, Demas has forsaken Paul.......not God you nitwit!!
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#528862 Apr 12, 2014
who="OldJG"]<quot ed text>
Your theology is for the spiritual schizophrenics. One day you are in the family of God and the next you are not. You are WRONG.
ETERNAL SECURITY
by: Adrian Rogers
~~~
NO ONE CAN DENY THAT THE LOVE OF GOD IS ETERNAL
EVEN WHEN YOU ARE IN HELL god will still love you...
BUT THAT A MAN CAN SWAP SIDES AND BE LOST IS AN AXIOM.
becoming a Christian does not void the will of the individual..
GOD NEVER VIOLATES THE WILL OF A MAN....else man would become a robot when he is saved...MAN IS A FREE MORAL AGENT
AND HE CAN STILL CHOOSE TO TURN AGAINST GOD AFTER HE IS/WAS BORN AGAIN
~~~~~
JESUS SAID
Mat 6:24 No man can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other.
1Co 3:16 Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you?
1Co 3:17 If any man defile the temple of God,
him shall God destroy;
for the temple of God is holy, which temple ye are.
1Co 3:18 Let no man deceive himself. If any man among you seemeth to be wise in this world, let him become a fool, that he may be wise.
1Co 3:19 For the wisdom of this world is foolishness with God. For it is written, He taketh the wise in their own craftiness.
Provide the name of one person who was saved twice.
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#528863 Apr 12, 2014
who="OldJG"]<quot ed text>
Your theology is for the spiritual schizophrenics. One day you are in the family of God and the next you are not. You are WRONG.
ETERNAL SECURITY
by: Adrian Rogers
~~~
NO ONE CAN DENY THAT THE LOVE OF GOD IS ETERNAL
EVEN WHEN YOU ARE IN HELL god will still love you...
BUT THAT A MAN CAN SWAP SIDES AND BE LOST IS AN AXIOM.
becoming a Christian does not void the will of the individual..
GOD NEVER VIOLATES THE WILL OF A MAN....else man would become a robot when he is saved...MAN IS A FREE MORAL AGENT
AND HE CAN STILL CHOOSE TO TURN AGAINST GOD AFTER HE IS/WAS BORN AGAIN
~~~~~
JESUS SAID
Mat 6:24 No man can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other.
1Co 3:16 Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you?
1Co 3:17 If any man defile the temple of God,
him shall God destroy;
for the temple of God is holy, which temple ye are.
1Co 3:18 Let no man deceive himself. If any man among you seemeth to be wise in this world, let him become a fool, that he may be wise.
1Co 3:19 For the wisdom of this world is foolishness with God. For it is written, He taketh the wise in their own craftiness.
When does a believer receive eternal life?

Have you ever heard of Noah? Noah represents OUR eternal security. God was in the ark and told Noah to come in. God sealed the door to the ark. Noah no doubt fell down many times in the ark but he NEVER fell out of the ark.

Jude 1:24, "Now all glory to God, who is able to KEEP YOU FROM FALLING AWAY and WILL BRING YOU WITH GREAT JOY INTO HIS GLORIOUS PRESENCE WITHOUT A SINGLE FAULT."

John 10:28-29, 28 ""And I give them eternal life, and they shall NEVER PERISH; NEITHER SHALL ANYONE SNATCH THEM OUT OF MY HAND. 29 for my Father has given them to me, and he is more powerful than anyone else. NO ONE CAN SNATCH THEM FROM MY FATHER'S HAND."

Ephesians 4:30, "And do not bring sorrow to God's Holy Spirit by the way you live. Remember, he has identified you as his own, GUARANTEEING that you will be SAVED ON THE DAY OF REDEMPTION."

John 3:15-16, 15 "so that everyone who believes in him WILL HAVE eternal life. 16 "For God loved the world so much that he gave his one and only Son, so that everyone who believes in him WILL NOT PERISH but have eternal life."

Romans 8:38-39, 38 "For I am persuaded that NEITHER DEATH NOR LIFE, NOR ANGELS, NOR PRINCIPALITIES, NOR POWERS, NOR THINGS TO PRESENT NOR THINGS TO COME, 39 NOR HEIGHT, NOR DEPTY, NOR ANY CREATED THING, shall be able to separate us from the love of God which is in Christ Jesus our Lord."

I John 5:13, "These things I have written to you who believe in the name of the Son of God, that you may KNOW that you have eternal life, and that you may continue to believe in the name of the Son of God."
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#528864 Apr 12, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
What must one do to be saved?
Have you not read the very Bible your Roman church declares it gave the world?

Try reading and let me know what you find. Do your own research.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#528865 Apr 12, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
So then....according to you, since Jesus knew he would deny him, that makes it alright...
Jesus also knew Judas would deny him...does that make this betrayal O.K.????
Jesus also knew you would be telling lies about His church....that He built the RCC and no other....does that make it right???
Yoda, there was no other Church.

Yoda, Jesus gave Peter the keys. He choose Peter to build His Church. He told Peter to feed His sheep...after He rose. He did no such thing with Judas.

Yoda, the Farce is strong in you. Turn away from the Dark Side.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#528866 Apr 12, 2014
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
Have you not read the very Bible your Roman church declares it gave the world?
Try reading and let me know what you find. Do your own research.
Don't you know?

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#528867 Apr 12, 2014
<quoted text>
QUESTION..
HOW WOULD YOU REACT toward those that crucified Him....IF JESUS WERE YOU SON..
How would you react toward that . crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put him to an open shame.
You are the one that needs to awaken to the light of moral reasoning...
THE ONLY THING THAT JESUS WAS GUILTY OF, WAS LOVING HUMANITY..
THOSE SUCH AS YOURSELF......
Evidently the US,GOV. now,does hold children and grandchildren responsible ...for payments,supposedly made,in ERROR by the GOVERNMENT itself decades,ago for which they have no documentation, but are confiscating money from said children and grandchildren.

The,great country we once had, founded by Godly people,has been going down bad,roads, and me e ps,going, rejecting GOD and justice

Location hidden

#528868 Apr 12, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Yoda, there was no other Church.
Yoda, Jesus gave Peter the keys. He choose Peter to build His Church. He told Peter to feed His sheep...after He rose. He did no such thing with Judas.
Yoda, the Farce is strong in you. Turn away from the Dark Side.
When you are able to face the truth and answer my questions...get back to me..Foot-In-Mouth...

Location hidden

#528869 Apr 12, 2014
confrinting say:
I did not contradict it; I declared it. You must not know of the supposed 'find' of a book written by "Jesus' wife". My point was that some jesus somewhere might have a wife...but the Savior of the world has a wife to whom He is true...the holy Jerusalem.
---------
Ah say: The first rule in telling a lie is "Don't tell a lie that can easily proven a lie"
Your words: Jesus is a popular name in some countries. Just WHICH Jesus might they be talking about ??? Certainly not our Jesus Who HAS A BRIDE...THE CHURCH.
You are a proven liar....

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#528870 Apr 12, 2014
who="Michael" <quoted text>
...How can anyone be so sure that a man named Jesus actually did the things and lived his life the way a few men claimed he did if all these stories were all written decades after he supposedly lived?
...As the story goes for over 30 years this man was known to Jews as the messiah, yet no matter how many good deeds or so called miracles he performed his life was supposedly ended because over 30 years his own people were skeptical of him and sent him to his death, as the Christian only story claims.
----------
Michael, the Jews who demanded Jesus' death were the 'church officials' who were scared of Him, and so proud of their position, they could not risk having Him displace them. To them He was what one would call a 'Redneck', a 'hillbilly' who didn't belong "inside the Beltway".
Haven't you watched the video's of Germans burning huge stacks of Bibles, or read how that other countries have done the same thing? That has been going on for ages; the 'officials' then and now wished to erase every sign of Him. There is a huge effort going on to remove all crosses from the U.S. "They" don't wish to be reminded of Him here, either.
It isn't that nothing has been written...but that huge bonfires have devoured much of it. We have a Bible today because men and women have hidden it, often paying for the deed with their lives.
As did the Jews during captivity ...and who knows,WHAT writings,of the apostles, disciples...and the,Jews,were,destroyed in 70 AD. Jerusalem was,the,seat of the,Jewish and say Christian faith..

What did the rebels,destroy , what did the Romans,....we will only know,in heaven , should God show us...
Blessedly there,were those who had, left, and took something with them. Who learned to copy and preserve early writings, but what was destroyed in that holocaust ....

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#528871 Apr 12, 2014
Gods R Delusions x Mine wrote:
<quoted text>
There is "no salvation outside the Church."
OK, that has been officially changed, but the fundy catholics don't believe it.
Imagine going to mass every single week, only to be told "not required."
"June too can be saved."
Troubling :o)
Never mind! According to the newest of sermons, hell only means to be separated from "God" ... and that is fine by me.

That way I won't feel a need to give him a piece of my mind for his downright cruel attitude and behavior.

Jesus and the Christians can lick his invisible butt. Maybe they all deserve each other.

tongue in cheek

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 5 min here 64,352
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 6 min Neville Thompson 281,934
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 30 min X Pendable 183,202
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 39 min Neville Thompson 45,260
Sex with Mom (May '12) 46 min Jessika1995 27
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 1 hr Truth Teller 106,581
*** All Time Favorite Songs *** (Dec '10) 2 hr Classic 3,831
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 4 hr pusherman_ 973,914
first gay experience? (Sep '14) 13 hr andy 46
More from around the web