Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.
Comments
510,201 - 510,220 of 532,696 Comments Last updated 9 min ago
hojo

Leesburg, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2014

marge wrote:
Well Anthony show us where us born-agains disagree on doctrine.
Why do you think that you have over 40,000 contradicting, inconsistent denominations???
Because "none of them"can agree on what is "Truth of a Doctrine" ---in interpretating bible verses----in which each individuals personal opinion ( one on top of another) each individual denomination or person claiming "their own " TRUTH ,,....,,,,I.e. The Euchsrist, baptism, the Sacraments, confession, the Church, the Trinity, and many others..........I know this for a fact after being raised in a bible only Church for over 35 years and witnessing "splintering and dividing" on three different occasion because of the differences in bible interpretation ( or better yet MIS-INTERPRETATION ----which has gotten worse over the years!!! Sorry that you can't see this Marge but the fact is that you are living in a Protestant bible only world of confusion and chaos in which "each person" or each one of your 40,000 contradicting denominations have become the final authority" regarding Truth!!!
marge

Ames, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2014

Hojo, we have the answer to 'What must I do to be Saved?'

Only the True Church can answer this and the only question.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2014

Judged:

hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you think that you have over 40,000 contradicting, inconsistent denominations???
Because "none of them"can agree on what is "Truth of a Doctrine" ---in interpretating bible verses----in which each individuals personal opinion ( one on top of another) each individual denomination or person claiming "their own " TRUTH ,,....,,,,I.e. The Euchsrist, baptism, the Sacraments, confession, the Church, the Trinity, and many others..........I know this for a fact after being raised in a bible only Church for over 35 years and witnessing "splintering and dividing" on three different occasion because of the differences in bible interpretation ( or better yet MIS-INTERPRETATION ----which has gotten worse over the years!!! Sorry that you can't see this Marge but the fact is that you are living in a Protestant bible only world of confusion and chaos in which "each person" or each one of your 40,000 contradicting denominations have become the final authority" regarding Truth!!!
Maybe because the stupid cathaholics couldn't get the bible compiled straight in the first place.....prolly should'a left it up ta somebody that *<knowed>* what they was do'in....but then they wouldn't have been able ta tell so many lies afterwards would they.
And then....after they done all that, and realized they screwed it all up.....they wouldn't even let folks read the dang thing or they'd kill 'em...so the folks all had ta go ta the cathaholic pews where the corrupted ly'n priests all told 'em lies in Latin so they couldn't understand it at all, whilst they took all ther monies.
Now....ya know where organized crime was borned, and the whole idea of the "godgather" comed from!....all of it based on extorting monies and wealth from the blind and helpless while telling them all lies in an unintelligible language.

Since: Feb 14

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2014

New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Please post your support or citations that show "scripture" is what you think or is accurate.
Thanks!
Do you actually need scripture to tell you that? How about common sense.(everyday knowledge ) Faith W/out Works Is Dead, Dead, Dead..
hojo

Leesburg, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2014

Judged:

Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe because the stupid cathaholics couldn't get the bible compiled straight in the first place.....prolly should'a left it up ta somebody that *<knowed>* what they was do'in....but then they wouldn't have been able ta tell so many lies afterwards would they.
And then....after they done all that, and realized they screwed it all up.....they wouldn't even let folks read the dang thing or they'd kill 'em...so the folks all had ta go ta the cathaholic pews where the corrupted ly'n priests all told 'em lies in Latin so they couldn't understand it at all, whilst they took all ther monies.
Now....ya know where organized crime was borned, and the whole idea of the "godgather" comed from!....all of it based on extorting monies and wealth from the blind and helpless while telling them all lies in an unintelligible language.
The Catholic Church as Jesus Christs One True Church "has had it right" for over 2000 years! 42,000 contradicting Protestant denominations sine the reformation have "made a inconsistent mess" of what the True Interpretation of the bible (is and was) since the Early Church Fathers " compiled it, wrote it and interpreted it in 382, 393 and 397 AD ........The TRUTH of the True Interpretation of the Bible and the TRUTH of the TRUE Doctrine of Jesus Christ "hasn't changed for over 2000 years in the a Catholic Church......You bible only's have over 42,000 self appointed preachers and ministers that keep " making up new" (man-made (opinionated) doctrines which have "no basis" of ANY biblical or historical truth to back. You still don't seem to understand the difference between TRUTH of DOCTRINE vs the CONDUCT of a small (2) percentage of pedophile priests who have "gone against the teachings of Jesus Christ, the Church and against their vocations as priests. The Church can say that it is wrong to kill, commit adultery, and sin---But that doesn't guarantee that it 's members won't commit sin. Jesus established and formed His One a True Cathoilc a Church "to save sinners" ( of which we all are).... If you are going to judge the Cathoilc Church by the "conduct and actions" of a few of its members--- then you better "throw out your bible" because EVERY ONE of its authors were sinners. Moses was a murderer, David was an adulterer and Paul said "I am the worst of sinners". This Only goes to show how ridiculous and twisted Protestants have become in their ingrained and distorted "anti-Catholic thinking!!!!!!!!
hojo

Leesburg, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2014

Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe because the stupid cathaholics couldn't get the bible compiled straight in the first place
You Protestant bible only,s have been full of "maybe's" since the Reformation! It is (no wonder) that contradiction, inconsistencies and conflicting "man made" bible " MIS - interpretations have created NOTHING but over 450 years of just more and more Protestant bible only--confusion and chaos.....The TRUTH of the TRuE Gospel of Jesus Christ, has, is and will ALWAYS be grounded, firmly established and manifested in Jesus Christ HIMSELF and in His One True Apostolic Catholic Church----and " none" other!!
hojo

Leesburg, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2014

Judged:

marge wrote:
Hojo, we have the answer to 'What must I do to be Saved?'
Only the True Church can answer this and the only question.
Yes!! And the TRUE CHURCH is what Jesus Christ initiated, formed and authenticated in Matthew 16:13-21 with Jesus the head of the Church and Peter as His "earthly representative" to lead His Church until Jesus returns for the second time..........Acts 2 "clearly" reveals Christ Universal Church ( beginning with His first Church at Antioch as visible, hierarchical and authoritative with Bishops, Priests Elders and Deacons ---(again Acts 2).....These TRUTHS have been confirmed over and over and over again for over 2000 years by the overwhelming majority of highly accredited Church historian authors and by Apologistic writers who have spent their "entire lives studying, researching and examining church history . Sorry to burst your "anti-Cathoilc bubble Marge but your "personal opinions" don't trump 2000 years of biblical and historical TRUTH !!!!
Liam

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2014

marge wrote:
All us born-agains here preaching on this board do agree 100 percent on what one must do to be Saved.
Those other forty thousand are not here though claiming to be the True Church, just us who do agree on how to be SAVED.
Do you catholics get that point?
Marge, God's plan wasn't for you to hit rock bottom,, then throw your arms up to be saved. No matter how many times i say this to my born again friends, they still stare at me like a deer in the headlight.
You dont realize how many people did it according to God's plan. They were born to two parents who are in the sacrament of marriage. They were baptized and raised in the faith; they made their firs Communion, learned their prayers, participated in the Church programs, then at an age of reason (usually 14) they made their Confirmation, which affirms their Baptism on their own accord. Do you get the picture? In high school they didnt go down the wayward path. In fact, at every age, they stayed close to Jesus through His Church. So its comical that people like you tell them they need to get saved. All because you were messing up in life and needed to "get saved"?

Here's a clue: as long as your hearts beating, you're not saved from going to hell. You need to endure to the end per the words of Jesus Christ in Mathew 24:13.
Liam

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2014

Judged:

@ Marge and Rose

Dont get me wrong, I love prodigal son stories. I saw one a few months ago from an old friend. In this day and age, especially in this country, it seems like everyone needs an alter call. I think the 60's really messed up God's plan. Now the fallout from this is broken homes, families and lives. Suddenly the born again theory seems normal. People dont realize it wasn't supposed to go down like that.
The only problem I have with people like you, is your blatant disregard for truth. You forcefully ignore the first 1800 yrs of Christianity as if it never existed. Worse, many of you lie to yourselves and pretend the "Romans" were 'responsible for it all'. Apparently pretending this is your justification?
Truthfully, you guys dont have a clue. Your a band of religious anarchist. Those like you who been made aware of your errors, but deliberately ignore it are in danger as you stand before God.
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2014

hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Try looking at yourself in the mirror, as you "point fingers" ----along with the Protestant bible only's and other agnostics and atheists, of which the only thing you anti-Catholics know is to "insult, slam, ridicule attack the Catholic Church and the faith of any/and all Catholics on this forum ..........YOU "Catholic Bashers" came on this forum "looking for a fight" as you continue to rip our faith in God, Jesus Christ and His Catholic Church--with every hostile and vindictive comment you make....... EVERY ONE of your (loaded) statistics that you "dig up" are exaggerated and misrepresented from one of your obsolete liberal anti-Catholic sources that
have no more credibility than you, yourself...... For someone like you, Michael, that spends 24/7 frantically looking for something--ANYTHING that will further your hate, hostility and vengeance toward Jesus Christ and the Catholic Church,---I can only conclude that your daily life is about as (UNBELIEVABLY) "shallow and superficial" as it gets!!!!------
....24/7 you say. Yesterday I posted only once, how many times did you and Anthony post your hatred towards anyone not Catholic?

...Anthony hates anyone not raised like him. Read his posts from yesterday. He really needs help, like you do. Why not both go together it might save you some $$$.

...very sad.
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2014

hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
The Catholic Church as Jesus Christs One True Church "has had it right" for over 2000 years! 42,000 contradicting Protestant denominations sine the reformation have "made a inconsistent mess" of what the True Interpretation of the bible (is and was) since the Early Church Fathers " compiled it, wrote it and interpreted it in 382, 393 and 397 AD ........The TRUTH of the True Interpretation of the Bible and the TRUTH of the TRUE Doctrine of Jesus Christ "hasn't changed for over 2000 years in the a Catholic Church......You bible only's have over 42,000 self appointed preachers and ministers that keep " making up new" (man-made (opinionated) doctrines which have "no basis" of ANY biblical or historical truth to back. You still don't seem to understand the difference between TRUTH of DOCTRINE vs the CONDUCT of a small (2) percentage of pedophile priests who have "gone against the teachings of Jesus Christ, the Church and against their vocations as priests. The Church can say that it is wrong to kill, commit adultery, and sin---But that doesn't guarantee that it 's members won't commit sin. Jesus established and formed His One a True Cathoilc a Church "to save sinners" ( of which we all are).... If you are going to judge the Cathoilc Church by the "conduct and actions" of a few of its members--- then you better "throw out your bible" because EVERY ONE of its authors were sinners. Moses was a murderer, David was an adulterer and Paul said "I am the worst of sinners". This Only goes to show how ridiculous and twisted Protestants have become in their ingrained and distorted "anti-Catholic thinking!!!!!!!!
...Same old hatred of others. You need help Now!

“Greatest Love”

Since: Aug 08

For His Creation

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2014

Liam wrote:
@ Marge and Rose
Dont get me wrong, I love prodigal son stories. I saw one a few months ago from an old friend. In this day and age, especially in this country, it seems like everyone needs an alter call. I think the 60's really messed up God's plan. Now the fallout from this is broken homes, families and lives. Suddenly the born again theory seems normal. People dont realize it wasn't supposed to go down like that.
The only problem I have with people like you, is your blatant disregard for truth. You forcefully ignore the first 1800 yrs of Christianity as if it never existed. Worse, many of you lie to yourselves and pretend the "Romans" were 'responsible for it all'. Apparently pretending this is your justification?
Truthfully, you guys dont have a clue. Your a band of religious anarchist. Those like you who been made aware of your errors, but deliberately ignore it are in danger as you stand before God.
I've said , over and over, many in the RCC are the,CHRISTIAN..

That is,NOT the,point ...my whole thing with Anthony ..what would YOU tell a,NON believer...
The,sixties,did,lead,to picked,that have caused,many broken homes...I agree..the,picked,NOW,to no God in the,public view...a,TV show,on the networks,about God ? Not today and so called family values have,New,meaning..many children and adults,have nothing to reference concerning God,if their patents,don't believe...

What on earth will we,say to these,people, if a spark is,ignited by the Holy Spirit and yet they have heard bad things,about this,Church or that ...DO YOU SAY hit the,road,if they don't want to be,Catholic or Baptist for that matter,,but want to know,about Jesus ...

Is,the Great Commission attend,my Church...see,my clergy for an answer, or telling them How,Much He,Loved,US...???
Gods R Delusions x Mine

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2014

PEACE AND LOVE THROUGH JESUS.

This board exposes the reality. If one doesn't live it, then it isn't real.

Come to the lite of reality.

Ramen
Liam

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2014

Judged:

RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
I've said , over and over, many in the RCC are the,CHRISTIAN..
That is,NOT the,point ...my whole thing with Anthony ..what would YOU tell a,NON believer...
The,sixties,did,lead,to picked,that have caused,many broken homes...I agree..the,picked,NOW,to no God in the,public view...a,TV show,on the networks,about God ? Not today and so called family values have,New,meaning..many children and adults,have nothing to reference concerning God,if their patents,don't believe...
What on earth will we,say to these,people, if a spark is,ignited by the Holy Spirit and yet they have heard bad things,about this,Church or that ...DO YOU SAY hit the,road,if they don't want to be,Catholic or Baptist for that matter,,but want to know,about Jesus ...
Is,the Great Commission attend,my Church...see,my clergy for an answer, or telling them How,Much He,Loved,US...???
I'll tell them what I told my buddy a few months ago. He ran with a ruthless biker gang, he had a fallen out and hit rock bottom. They took his bike. I referred him to some born again bikers who cleaned him up. So far so good. When he's ready I'll take him the rest of the way into the only church Jesus started. There the Sacraments will nourish him hopefully til he dies. Right now he's not really hearing the word of God as taught by the Apostles. Don't get me wrong, he's a heck of allot better doing that then smoking dope and cheating on his wife every week. Jesus doesn't want him to stay put listening to new and strange teachings. He definitely doesn't want him relaying these false teachings to his children. Protestanism is a chaotic mess. Just because people like you seem to function at home by privately interpreting the word of God, doesn't mean the next generation will. This is exactly the snow ball effect that Luther started. You know it. Sola Scripture is a flat out lie. Never taught by anyone in Christianity. A house built on a lie wil crumble.
You also should be smart enough to see that your brethren cant function unless they make false accusations against the Catholic faith.

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2014

pusherman_ wrote:
June VanDerMark wrote:
Why would a dog love us "unconditionally" almost with Praise?
Because the dog perceives the human that feeds it as being the leader of the pack. Even if it gets abused by the human, the dog will keep on licking the hand that hits it.

Humans have the same attitude in concern with their supposed gods. "I must be subservient to my God and praise my God or my God won't accept me and reward me with eternal bliss" ...{{{slobber slobber ... whine, whine whine}}}... "Please love me God ... Don't reject me to hell ... blah, blah, blah."

Since: Feb 14

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2014

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Because the dog perceives the human that feeds it as being the leader of the pack. Even if it gets abused by the human, the dog will keep on licking the hand that hits it.
Humans have the same attitude in concern with their supposed gods. "I must be subservient to my God and praise my God or my God won't accept me and reward me with eternal bliss" ...{{{slobber slobber ... whine, whine whine}}}... "Please love me God ... Don't reject me to hell ... blah, blah, blah."
HaHaHa! you got the gist of it anyway..As should we!

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2014

Gods R Delusions x Mine wrote:
<quoted text>
I think religion is best when it isn't too organized, or dogmatic (e.g. "we know for sure... ").
Religion is always organized in the minds of the individuals that put complete faith in how they managed to organized the religious "plan."

You can bet that the father of Wicca, Gerald Gardner was very proud of how he organized his thoughts to claim that the goddess cursed homosexuals. Had he "not" been proud of his organized thoughts, he would not have expressed them and passed them on to others as being the words that came "from" the supposed goddess.
Anthony MN

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2014

marge wrote:
<quoted text>
They can claim and compete all they want that does not make them born-again and yes that is how it works as born-agains we better all have the same doctrines and we do, you cannot show otherwise.
You don't all have the same doctrines. I don't need to show it, this discussion board shows it.
Anthony MN

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2014

RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
And Jesus???
We'll that's,honest ...see a priest or hit the road ...
Peace
We won't have peace Rose as long as you keep making ignorant and dishonest statements like that.

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2014

Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
...all those stories are unknown by everyone outside the bible. The stories were created to move along the catholc agenda . You can't see that?
Unbelievable!
Those convinced against their will are of the same opinion still.

Dale Carnegie

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

848 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 10 min An NFL Fan 115,058
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 10 min waaasssuuup 720,446
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 17 min melissa 38,446
6.5 inches big or small? (Feb '13) 18 min nick127 3
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 21 min Aura Mytha 224,159
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 23 min bRB 74
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 26 min Rider on the Storm 172,359
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr WasteWater 256,476
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••