Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 658727 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#528793 Apr 12, 2014
confrinting with the word wrote:
who="Anthony MN" <quoted text>
Rose, what the hell is wrong with you? Do you really think a faithful Catholic would NOT refer a non-believer to a priest in order to be received into the Church? Are you still unable to grasp the concept that Catholics believe part of becoming a Christian, part of the process of accepting Christ includes receiving the sacraments? And that for one to receive the sacraments they become part of the church?
----------
Sorry, Anthony. One of the things we Protestants believe is that our speech should be pure...and certainly when talking to a lady (even if she believes differently).
Yes, I know that 'hell' is a place, but you used it as a swear word.(Scares me.)
Sorry, it was a slip.

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#528794 Apr 12, 2014
Jesus taught true Christians to "LOVE YOUR ENEMIES".
Do you believe that Jesus taught you to refer to homosexuals as perverts, and to those who disagree with your religious dogmas as being EVIL?

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#528795 Apr 12, 2014
Catholics defend the Church because we believe the Church, as the bible says, is the Body of Christ. Catholics defend the Blessed Virgin because she is the mother of God and so often on this board she is disrespected and the object of scorn from so many fundamentalists.
Our redemption was secured by none other than Christ the Lord. We worship no one but God in the Blessed Trinity. If any Catholic or protestant says otherwise they are in direct contradiction to the 2000 year teaching of the Catholic Church. Period. Amen.
Peace.

----------
I have never felt anything but love and respect for Mary. I, too, believe that The Church IS The Body of Christ. But I know that The Church is composed of those who are 'called out' by the Spirit.(No man comes to me except the Spirit/Father draws him.) The 'church' is not a club one may join.

Mary carried the physical human body of Jesus in her body...but the Savior Who came to earth was not 'birthed' by a human. He 'clothed Himself' with a body of flesh. Mary mothered that body, not God Himself. He is and has been from everlasting. He did not begin in Mary's womb.

It is not disrespectful to tell the truth...

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#528796 Apr 12, 2014
Regina wrote:
<quoted text>
That isn't what scripture says.
"if I am delayed, you will know how people ought to conduct themselves in God's household, which is the church of the living God, the pillar and foundation of the truth."
1 Timothy 3:15
You're working much too feverishly to deny the Church her due, Rose,...that she was founded by Jesus Christ and is His bride, not just an ordinary "institution" as you like to call her. It sounds like you need to justify your actions. The Holy Spirit says the Church is the pillar and ground of the truth. You say no, He's wrong!
The Church is the body of believers ...not an institution with secular powers as the RCC HAD become ....
..when Christ said that, the Church was the believers .going town to town as,He did ..his bride, the Church is people with Christ as their foundation..

...and sorry but HE LIVES IN THEIR HEARTS ...it's ALL HIM ...

#528797 Apr 12, 2014
Gods R Delusions x Mine wrote:
<quoted text>
Scary place. That made sense in the cruel Bronze Age and Dark Age worlds, but today?
Really???
Today, we have laws against cruel and unusual punishment. Is that a MORAL law?
Today, we do not hold a child responsible for the crime of a parent, grandparent, or great grandparent. Is that a MORAL law?
Of course, these are moral laws -- made by men... because your god is immoral.
Come to the lite of morality. Stop following an immoral god (Satan maybe?)
Awaken to the lite of moral reason.
Ramen
QUESTION..

HOW WOULD YOU REACT toward those that crucified Him....IF JESUS WERE YOU SON..

How would you react toward that . crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put him to an open shame.

You are the one that needs to awaken to the light of moral reasoning...

THE ONLY THING THAT JESUS WAS GUILTY OF, WAS LOVING HUMANITY..

THOSE SUCH AS YOURSELF......

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#528798 Apr 12, 2014
Regina wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you continually put forth that Catholics think it must either be God or a priest? This must be the tenth time you've suggested as much on this board alone in the past few days.
If one is sincerely seeking God, then they are necessarily seeking the truth, all of it. Bits and pieces of it may be found here and there, but the Church founded by Jesus Christ is the only place where they will find it in it's fullness as God meant us to.
It's not "all good", Rose. The truth is not subject to one's personal opinion and interpretation.
And contrary to what you also continually publish, the vast majority of priests have been and are good and holy men, not just "some". Don't forget, Christ specifically chose sinful men to administer His church on earth. If your hypothetical "seeker" objects to God's church because she is comprised of sinners, then he isn't really seeking truth, is he? He's only using it as a ruse to malign the Church. In other words, a sheep in wolf's clothing.
Let's stick to the facts from now on, shall we?
And yet you do it again..the RCC or they are really not seeking God?? Seriously Regina???
Limiting the work of the Spirit??? To show folks to God , to His Son Jesus??

I disagree ...

#528799 Apr 12, 2014
who="RoSesz" <quoted text>
WHAT do you think falling away means,...?? Going into Sin, WORSHIPPING idols, denying Christ as Lord ??
Serious,question, Marge,

----------
"Falling away" is not a matter of stumbling into a temptation, and doing some foolish thing we shouldn't do. The BIble says that if we confess such to God, "He is faithful and just to forgive us, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness (sinful behavior, NOT unbelief)".
Scripture says that "there is a sin unto death". That is the 'sin' of falling away from God, and denying His existence...unbelief
Dust Storm

Minneapolis, MN

#528800 Apr 12, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
A hundred bible verses showing St. Peter's authority and your only comment is regarding one, and even that one you get wrong.
"If we go to Acts 15, we read that there was a lot of debate in the Church about whether Gentile converts needed to be circumcised. After the debate, Peter "rose" and declared that circumcision was not necessary. James was not even in the picture at this point. Peter made an authoritative decision about the doctrinal question, and no one questioned him. In fact, after Peter spoke it says "all kept silent." When you read the Greek phrase, it is in the aorist tense, which means the silence was the effect of Peter's definitive teaching.
After Peter settles the issue, Paul and Barnabas speak in favor of Peter's teaching. Only then does James come in. A few things about James' discourse. First, James was the bishop of Jerusalem during the council, and it is common for a bishop to speak in favor of the pope's teaching at a regional or ecumenical council. This is what James does. He agrees with Peter's definitive teaching. Second, James begins speaking, not about the doctrinal issue, but about whether the Gentiles should obey the Noachide laws. At the end of James' speech, he says "it is my judgment." The Greek here (ego krino) means that James was giving a personal opinion about a pastoral issue, and recommends that the Gentiles obey the laws of Noah so as to more easily fraternize with the Jews.
"So we see that Peter is the one who rules definitively on the question of doctrine, and all kept silent. His bishops then spoke in favor of his teaching, acknowledging that Peter was indeed the authority in the Church. No one questions Peter's judgment. Then we have James who speaks in favor of Peter's teaching by giving an opinion on a pastoral issue. Hardly a challenge to the authority of Peter. You should also point out to your friend that Acts 15 disproves the doctrine of sola Scriptura. If Peter would have relied upon the Scriptures, he would have concluded that Gentiles had to be circumcised, since all the Patriarchs and prophets were, the apostles were, and even Jesus was. But Peter, by virtue of his authority, decides the issue as the chief shepherd of the Church (and the decision was not based on the Scriptures)."
http://www.johnsalza.com/p/scripturefathers.h...
Adding to this, "Peter stood up" this was done when someone was making a pronouncement with authority. Further, the Apostles and Presybyters met. Now why all the Apostles were there. Peters presence coincides with the time that All Jews were expelled from Rome over some Christus as they termed it causing an uproar amongst the Jews. The bottom line it was James disciples who were teaching this. It wasnt Peter, Paul or Barnabus. The discension was with James disciples that is why Paul went up to Jerusalem. Whether it was all the Apostles or some of the Apostles has some gray area. However what is very clear is when the decision was made letters of instruction were sent to all the other Churches who werent there. Yet Protestants and Orthodox would say well the other churches need to mull over the decision with the laity to see if they approve. Were any laity involved here? NO Later Paul relaxes some the restrictions that went out with the letter. Again all the apostles had authority to bind and loose as did all Rabbis, but not to the exclusion of the Key Holder who was the final arbiter in matter of disupute. Protestants nor the Orthodox can ever have central unity because all it takes is for one person to disagree and then no decision is possible or made because they pretend the dissention does not exist. This is the very reason the Orthodox are unable to have an ecumenical council. They are all over the place. Baptists pieced an unauthoritative body called the SBC to slow the massive splintering. They enforce nothing and each church still teaches and believes automously. The Orthodox play Economia.

#528801 Apr 12, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Your adding to the Word with your perverted opinions are further evidence that your credentials are invalid for anyone other than your fellow Catholic hating pentecostal lackeys.
THE BIBLE SAYS..

1Co_15:50 Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption.

Peter was flesh and blood and corruptible by virtue of the fact that he was not sired by the Holy Ghost..as JESUS WAS..

Yet you Roman Catholics claim that he A CORRUPTIBLE MAN ...inherited THE KINGDOM OF GOD on earth AND IS THE VICAR....OF JESUS

The incorruptible head of the Church is JESUS CHRIST THE SON OF GOD....

Col 1:17 And he(JESUS) is before all things, and by him all things consist.

Col 1:18 And he(JESUS) is the head of the body, the church: who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead; that in all things he might have the preeminence.

Col 1:19 For it pleased the Father that in him(JESUS) should all fulness dwell;

Col 1:20 And, having made peace through the blood of his cross, by him(JESUS) to reconcile all things unto himself; by him,

I say, whether they be things in earth, or things in heaven.

Col 1:21 And you, that were sometime alienated and enemies in your mind by wicked works, yet now hath he0JESUS) reconciled

Col 1:22 In the body of his flesh through death, to present you holy and unblameable and unreproveable in his sight:

NOTE
Col 1:23 If ye continue in the faith grounded and settled, and

be not moved away from the hope of the gospel,

which ye have heard, and

which was preached to every creature which is under heaven;

whereof I Paul am made a minister;

Rom 10:16 But they have not all obeyed the gospel. For Esaias saith, Lord, who hath believed our report?

Rom 10:17 So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

Rom 10:18 But I say, Have they not heard? Yes verily, their sound went into all the earth, and their words unto the ends of the world.
Regina

Toms River, NJ

#528802 Apr 12, 2014
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
And yet you do it again..the RCC or they are really not seeking God?? Seriously Regina???
Limiting the work of the Spirit??? To show folks to God , to His Son Jesus??
I disagree ...
You're doing it again, Rose. You're misquoting me as you have the other Catholics here.
You're not interested in a discussion at all. You post lies, we correct you. You come back and post more lies, we correct you again.
And on and on it goes.

By deliberately misquoting us you're showing that you're insincere. I think it's best if you just stop posting anything about the Catholic Church at all because you can't seem to do so truthfully or charitably.

Prince George, Canada

#528803 Apr 12, 2014
Regina wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, hell is a real place. If one rejects God, why on earth would they want to spend eternity with Him?
Tink about it.
;)
The Muslims don't reject "GOD" ... yet you believe that they will spend eternity in hell.

They believe in the same Abrahamic invention of a god as do you.

If you don't see how you use your own religion to ingratiate your self as special ... that is YOUR problem.

Prince George, Canada

#528804 Apr 12, 2014
<quoted text>
THE BIBLE SAYS..
Do you believe that Martin Luther spotted divine truth in that Bishop's bible that he used to start your religion???

You won't answer that pertinent question ... will you "oh self-perceived WISE one?"
Gods R Delusions x Mine

Orlando, FL

#528805 Apr 12, 2014
<quoted text>
QUESTION..
HOW WOULD YOU REACT toward those that crucified Him....IF JESUS WERE YOU SON..
How would you react toward that . crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put him to an open shame.
You are the one that needs to awaken to the light of moral reasoning...
THE ONLY THING THAT JESUS WAS GUILTY OF, WAS LOVING HUMANITY..
THOSE SUCH AS YOURSELF......
You completely changed the subject. I think Jesus came to die, so why blame whoever was chosen to carry out the deed?

Again, try to stay focused.

Today, we have laws against cruel and unusual punishment. Is that a MORAL law? Yes or no?

Today, we do not hold a child responsible for the crime of a parent, grandparent, or great grandparent. Is that a MORAL law? Yes or no?

If you don't know, maybe the devil does own you. After all, that whose "holy book you are using, right?

Come to the lite of the MORAL God, not the immoral Catholic god, you poor deluded soul.

Ramen.

Prince George, Canada

#528806 Apr 12, 2014
Regina wrote:
<quoted text>
You're doing it again, Rose. You're misquoting me as you have the other Catholics here.
You're not interested in a discussion at all. You post lies, we correct you. You come back and post more lies, we correct you again.
And on and on it goes.
By deliberately misquoting us you're showing that you're insincere. I think it's best if you just stop posting anything about the Catholic Church at all because you can't seem to do so truthfully or charitably.
The problem is, both of you believe that you spot only the truth in the scriptures.

Words have different meanings to different people.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>

The Use and Misuse of Language … edited by S. I. Hayakawa.

General semanticists know it is hard to make the average person realize that he brings meaning to the word, that the word does not contain any meaning.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#528807 Apr 12, 2014
Catholics defend the Church because we believe the Church, as the bible says, is the Body of Christ. Catholics defend the Blessed Virgin because she is the mother of God and so often on this board she is disrespected and the object of scorn from so many fundamentalists.
Our redemption was secured by none other than Christ the Lord. We worship no one but God in the Blessed Trinity. If any Catholic or protestant says otherwise they are in direct contradiction to the 2000 year teaching of the Catholic Church. Period. Amen.
Peace.
----------
I have never felt anything but love and respect for Mary. I, too, believe that The Church IS The Body of Christ. But I know that The Church is composed of those who are 'called out' by the Spirit.(No man comes to me except the Spirit/Father draws him.) The 'church' is not a club one may join.
Mary carried the physical human body of Jesus in her body...but the Savior Who came to earth was not 'birthed' by a human. He 'clothed Himself' with a body of flesh. Mary mothered that body, not God Himself. He is and has been from everlasting. He did not begin in Mary's womb.
It is not disrespectful to tell the truth...
We agree about the Church being the Body of Christ. We disagree whether the Church is visible or whether it's invisibly made up of people loosely connected by their faith alone in the bible alone.

Jesus is man and God. He is a Divine Person, 100% true man and 100% true God. One cannot separate His Flesh and His Spirit. The truth is that the matter was settled by the Church, the Body of Christ, 1600 years ago.

Council of Ephesus (431)

"If anyone does not confess that God is truly Emmanuel, and that on this account the Holy Virgin is the Mother of God (for according to the flesh she gave birth to the Word of God become flesh by birth), let him be anathema."

ALL Christians believed and still believe this. Even your reformers believed it. It has only been in the last century or so that bible-alone folks have twisted this truth in an attempt to demonize the one, true, catholic and apostolic faith.
Regina

Toms River, NJ

#528808 Apr 12, 2014
Hippa wrote:
<quoted text>
I DID take up the challenge. I investigated the real teachings of the Roman Catholic Church and found them to be quintessentially Christian. It was a bummer, because I was raised anti-Catholic, like lots of you. My parents darn near dis-owned me when I told them I had found the Church, warts and all a beautiful place.
She's like a beautiful old ocean liner that people have been jumping off from for centuries. They jump off when they have a "bad experience with the Church" Like no sex outside marriage. Like no divorce. Like no contraception. No cohabitation. No abortion. No women priests. Like indulgences. Like saint and statues and incense and water, and on and on.
So if you want to, stay on your little raft, nursing your pet ideas about bible exegesis ,(which you derived from same more recent tradition anyway ) and watch us sail to the Golden shore. You might get there on your raft, but you are missing a lot of family functions on the way. Or Get on board. You will not change the Church from the inside. It is NOT a purely human organization. Get over it and join the jounrey of faith, hope and love.
Beautiful! I agree, the Church is not a purely human organization...she is of God. Just as the Pope said, she was born from the blood and water flowing from the pierced side of Christ. Welcome home!
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#528809 Apr 12, 2014
marge wrote:
Oh dear, I see Cowboy and Gif lost their gift and Hank preaching water baptism saves.
Marge,

That's the whole problem, Marge.....you don't believe ALL of God's word.....

Baptism is God's chosen way of imparting His saving grace.

Baptism is the submission to the command of God that saves.

Prince George, Canada

#528810 Apr 12, 2014
<quoted text>
THE BIBLE SAYS..
1Co_15:50 Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption.
Peter was flesh and blood and corruptible by virtue of the fact that he was not sired by the Holy Ghost..as JESUS WAS..
Yet you Roman Catholics claim that he A CORRUPTIBLE MAN ...inherited THE KINGDOM OF GOD on earth AND IS THE VICAR....OF JESUS
The incorruptible head of the Church is JESUS CHRIST THE SON OF GOD....
Col 1:17 And he(JESUS) is before all things, and by him all things consist.
Col 1:18 And he(JESUS) is the head of the body, the church: who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead; that in all things he might have the preeminence.
Col 1:19 For it pleased the Father that in him(JESUS) should all fulness dwell;
Col 1:20 And, having made peace through the blood of his cross, by him(JESUS) to reconcile all things unto himself; by him,
I say, whether they be things in earth, or things in heaven.
Col 1:21 And you, that were sometime alienated and enemies in your mind by wicked works, yet now hath he0JESUS) reconciled
Col 1:22 In the body of his flesh through death, to present you holy and unblameable and unreproveable in his sight:
NOTE
Col 1:23 If ye continue in the faith grounded and settled, and
be not moved away from the hope of the gospel,
which ye have heard, and
which was preached to every creature which is under heaven;
whereof I Paul am made a minister;
Rom 10:16 But they have not all obeyed the gospel. For Esaias saith, Lord, who hath believed our report?
Rom 10:17 So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.
Rom 10:18 But I say, Have they not heard? Yes verily, their sound went into all the earth, and their words unto the ends of the world.
The same scriptures that you so diligently use to warn others of supposed impending danger, are used by others to warn YOU of impending danger if you don't see it their way ... Yet you are too adamant in your habits to catch on to that back and forth folly.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#528811 Apr 12, 2014
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
The Church is the body of believers ...not an institution with secular powers as the RCC HAD become ....
..when Christ said that, the Church was the believers .going town to town as,He did ..his bride, the Church is people with Christ as their foundation..
...and sorry but HE LIVES IN THEIR HEARTS ...it's ALL HIM ...
What are believers Rose? Are believers people who don't believe as you do?

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#528812 Apr 12, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Rose, what the hell is wrong with you? Do you really think a faithful Catholic would NOT refer a non-believer to a priest in order to be received into the Church? Are you still unable to grasp the concept that Catholics believe part of becoming a Christian, part of the process of accepting Christ includes receiving the sacraments? And that for one to receive the sacraments they become part of the church?
It was theoretical..obviously you would want someone to go to a priest you trust ...I get that.

What if they did NOT like priests...what if the Churches were closed ...point was JESUS ...IS ALL.. not the clergy , not the RCC ...after they have Jesus,in their heart..He will guide them ...and may indeed decide to go to a,Church , if they still exist ....the way God is being put out of our lives , who knows ???? We have to have faith in Jesus to heal ...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 2 min another viewer 974,739
News Reason to cringe: Female voters react to Trump 2 min Buck Crick 162
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 3 min Bongo 70,901
I prefer women's satin panties over men's under... (Mar '16) 20 min Clive musto 41
ye olde village pub (Jun '07) 1 hr Ricky F 53,935
Horny snapchat usernames 1 hr HornyGeordieXXX 12
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr benkernow 282,990
Should Black People Forgive White People for Sl... (Jun '07) 7 hr crucifiedguy 5,021
More from around the web