Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 688928 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#528399 Apr 10, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
"NOTE ABOVE BIRTHS MENTIONED IN THE ABOVE..
YOU BAPTIZE AND CALL THAT THE NEW BIRTH AND IGNORE
THAT JESUS SAID "that which is born of the Spirit is spirit. "
IT IS ONLY WHEN WE ARE BORN OF THE SPIRIT...THAT WE BECOME CHRISTIANS."
"A PERSON THAT IS NOT BORN AGAIN OF THE SPIRIT.....
. IS NOT REDEEMED....is bound for hell
HE IS STILL IN HIS SINS..
.No matter how many ritual and religious calisthenics he involves himself in"
You are not an ordained minister of the Church Christ founded. You have no authority to speak for God. Thank you for your personal opinions on the meaning of scripture, but no Christian is bound by them.
Okay you don t acknowledge GIF as a teacher, what do you think it means,being BORN AGAIN of the Spirit......and again you fail to answers, would you direct a,non believer to Christ (repent and believe) or send him to a,priest ...

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#528400 Apr 10, 2014
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
The best chance to get to Heaven; the guaranteed path, is to stay in a state of grace in the Church Jesus started. The Catholic Church. Weekly partaking in the Eucharist, daily prayer and Confession. This is living the Bible not reading it.
From there, as the human race strays further and further from the One Holy and Apostolic Church, our odds get tougher. With each passing generation of Protestantism....the teachings of the Lord get more and more skewed.
Just look at the data, Confrint. You had simple protesting at first, later called "Lutherans", then it slowly evolved from there. A couple hundred yrs later, it completely derailed with JW'S and SDA. Then it came back a little with the American tent revivals of the 1950s... spawning the born again movements. You guys have good intentions mostly, but u can be incredibly ignorant, relying on lies about Catholics in order to shape your doctrines. I think we've shown this as so, many times over on this forum. You can not function unless you bear false witness against us. Why doesn't that raise a red flag for you? It doesn't because you conveniently ignore what you heard. That ain't fair to us, you or anyone else that's led into your movement.
You say: The best chance to get to Heaven; the guaranteed path, is to stay in a state of grace in the Church Jesus started. The Catholic Church. Weekly partaking in the Eucharist, daily prayer and Confession.

None of that garbage is based on Scripture....

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#528401 Apr 10, 2014
Suppose he has,no use,for thE RCC and dislikes,priests,Anthony ..??

I'm asking you personally ...what would you do
Anthony MN

Champlin, MN

#528402 Apr 10, 2014
KayMarie wrote:
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
Fact is Anthony one cannot understand Scripture until their born-anew, your thinking will do a one-eighty and only then you are open to what God has to say to you.
Anthony:
Thank you for your opinion marge. Please know that your take on scripture was not shared by Jesus, the apostles, any Christians in the early Church or today's Church.
----------
Sorry...Paul stated this very thing:
1Co 2:7 But we impart a secret and hidden wisdom of God, which God decreed before the ages for our glory.
1Co 2:8 None of the rulers of this age understood this, for if they had, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory.
1Co 2:9 But, as it is written, "What no eye has seen, nor ear heard, nor the heart of man imagined, what God has prepared for those who love him"--
1Co 2:10 THESE THINGS GOD HAS REVEALED TO US THROUGH HIS SPIRIT...
1Co 2:11 For who knows a person's thoughts except the spirit of that person, which is in him? So also no one comprehends the thoughts of God except the Spirit of God.
1Co 2:12 Now we have received not the spirit of the world, but the Spirit who is from God, that we might understand the things freely given us by God.
1Co 2:13 And we impart this in words not taught by human wisdom but taught by the Spirit, interpreting spiritual truths to those who are spiritual.
1Co 2:14 THE NATURAL MAN (NOT BORN AGAIN) DOES NOT ACCEPT THE THINGS OF THE SPIRIT OF GOD, for they are folly to him, and he is not able to understand them because they are spiritually discerned.
St. Paul DID NOT teach that in AD 2014, marge from Iowa, USA is given the Spiritual knowledge to properly interpret scripture.

God DID reveal to St. Paul through His Spirit the meaning of scripture and he passed this on to those whom he ordained and this line has continued unbroken to this very day in the Catholic Church.

Additionally St. Peter says that scripture is NOT subject to one's private interpretation which is what marge is doing.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#528403 Apr 10, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you for your opinion marge. Please know that your take on scripture was not shared by Jesus, the apostles, any Christians in the early Church or today's Church.
The early Churches and apostles were not born again of the,Spirit????

Was,Christ lying to Nicodemus....did the Holy Spirit not come into believer in the first century ??

This,constAnt parsing imo foolish just so people,have,to go to your Church to be saved...and again I DO NOT saY folks,in the,RCC are NOT saved ...Just saying..born again of the,Spirit is,quite explicit ...and it's between God and each of us...regardless of Church affiliation or none,.

One cannot limit the,work of the,Spirit or how, where or when He Works...you folks,HERE,seem to ...
Anthony MN

Champlin, MN

#528404 Apr 10, 2014
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Okay you don t acknowledge GIF as a teacher, what do you think it means,being BORN AGAIN of the Spirit......and again you fail to answers, would you direct a,non believer to Christ (repent and believe) or send him to a,priest ...
I've not said confrinting is not born again. I'm saying that he has no authority to privately interpret and judge scripture outside of the Catholic Church which was founded by Christ and to whom He gave the authority to bind and loose, i.e. St. Peter and his successors.

I would personally direct a non-believer to Christ and then immediately refer him to a priest in order to be taught the faith and to receive the Sacrament of Baptism by which one is born again of water and the Spirit, becomes a child of God and is received into the Body of Christ which is the Catholic Church.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#528405 Apr 10, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~~~~

You wrote
Please know that your take on scripture was not shared by Jesus, the apostles, any Christians in the early Church or today's Church.

~~~

If what you say is True.... then give book chapter and verses from the Bible and prove

it...

If you can't and have to go to supposition, or to some one, or another source that the Bible does not validate...

as far as I am concerned you have wasted your time and efforts.

Rom 10:17 So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

Rom 10:18 But I say, Have they not heard? Yes verily, their sound went into all the earth, and their words unto the ends of the world.
Anthony MN

Champlin, MN

#528406 Apr 10, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank God for Catholics who ignore His teaching, preferring the teaching of men, otherwise, I would still be a deaf/mute on the broad path that leads to destruction...
Well Yoda, I' sure the SBC is thrilled to have you. lol.
Anthony MN

Champlin, MN

#528407 Apr 10, 2014
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
The early Churches and apostles were not born again of the,Spirit????
Was,Christ lying to Nicodemus....did the Holy Spirit not come into believer in the first century ??
This,constAnt parsing imo foolish just so people,have,to go to your Church to be saved...and again I DO NOT saY folks,in the,RCC are NOT saved ...Just saying..born again of the,Spirit is,quite explicit ...and it's between God and each of us...regardless of Church affiliation or none,.
One cannot limit the,work of the,Spirit or how, where or when He Works...you folks,HERE,seem to ...
Quit going off on goofy tangents and read for once. geeez....

Location hidden

#528408 Apr 10, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Well Yoda, I' sure the SBC is thrilled to have you. lol.
The SBC does not "have me".......plus...no one with the SBC ever encouraged me, never told me, never insinuated that I should leave the Catholic religion and become an SBC church member ....

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#528409 Apr 10, 2014
Cisco Kid wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you have any grasp of the Trinity?
PT Barnum did. He built a literal 3 ring circus on the concept....and was as good as the Abrahamics for promoting human freaks and fantastic hoaxes.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#528410 Apr 10, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
The SBC does not "have me".......plus...no one with the SBC ever encouraged me, never told me, never insinuated that I should leave the Catholic religion and become an SBC church member ....
And ya still never got the hint, LOL!

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#528411 Apr 10, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Quit going off on goofy tangents and read for once. geeez....
I did read..no tangent......you also did not answer that question..what would you do?? Yet again..

Okay but see this,is of concern as believing Catholics,are,also under the,Commisiin to spread the,word of Jesus to belief in Him. He,did NOT say anything about get converts,for the Church of Rome, which did NOT exist ....tell about Him ..be baptized....HIM HIM H I M ...all HIM not us,and not a religion, which in the end condemned H I m. To death ..Religion..
KayMarie

Carlisle, PA

#528412 Apr 10, 2014
who="Anthony MN" <quoted text>
St. Paul DID NOT teach that in AD 2014, marge from Iowa, USA is given the Spiritual knowledge to properly interpret scripture.
God DID reveal to St. Paul through His Spirit the meaning of scripture and he passed this on to those whom he ordained and this line has continued unbroken to this very day in the Catholic Church.
Additionally St. Peter says that scripture is NOT subject to one's private interpretation which is what marge is doing.

----------
Anthony...Paul DID teach that when ANYONE is born of the Spirit, revelation is possible to them BY THE SPIRIT. While we are yet in the flesh, we must remember that "the flesh is at war against the Spirit", and none of us has infallible knowledge.

I haven't followed all of Marge's teachings, so will not attempt to judge her, but she DOES speak truth on the need for being born of the spirit.

I find that God DOES reveal Himself to believers in 2014...even as Peter received the revelation of Jesus from the Father. His Spirit and His Word are ALIVE in those who believe in Him.
Gods R Delusions x Mine

Orlando, FL

#528413 Apr 10, 2014
Interesting.

June is not here for a couple of days,

and the people of god have turned on each other once again - without the distraction of a common enemy.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#528414 Apr 10, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
I've not said confrinting is not born again. I'm saying that he has no authority to privately interpret and judge scripture outside of the Catholic Church which was founded by Christ and to whom He gave the authority to bind and loose, i.e. St. Peter and his successors.
I would personally direct a non-believer to Christ and then immediately refer him to a priest in order to be taught the faith and to receive the Sacrament of Baptism by which one is born again of water and the Spirit, becomes a child of God and is received into the Body of Christ which is the Catholic Church.
Okay you did answer..Thanks...direct HIM to Christ...have,HIM pray, pray with Him..tell Him what Jesus,did???

Good,that Christ talk comes,before,priest ..what if he,doesn't trust priests??
I'm just,trying to get where,you guys,stand...what about directing him to the,scripture,if he is, not willing to see,a, priest. WOUKD YOU TELL him he cannot be saved without the,priest...?

See while I personally like,priests,and,nuns...not all folks,do ..whatever the,reason..

I found Christ from the,Leading of the,Holy Spirit urging me in so many ways,to repentance and the,cleansing blood of Christ... by Grace to have faith...

Yes,early education made me inclined to belief but in a way I cannot explain, this was different
Than learning, even praying and,sacraments as a child .....it's,Purely Spiritual .....

You are fortunate in your faith, and I get that you think the Church is,the ONLY path...but it's,not .and has not been for a,long time...and some folks,will be lost perhaps,if you tell them it's,the,ONLY path....
KayMarie

Carlisle, PA

#528415 Apr 10, 2014

----------
If being dipped in water causes one to be born again of the water and the Spirit, there are an awful lot of Christians! "BELIEVE ON THE LORD JESUS CHRIST, AND YOU SHALL BE SAVED."

Does the guilty priest sanctify the unbeliever???

If a proud, boastful 'club' is the body of Christ, and mere men can 'birth' Christians because some other man has 'ordained' them, then your 'faith' is in fallible men.
Gods R Delusions x Mine

Orlando, FL

#528416 Apr 10, 2014
KayMarie wrote:
----------
Anthony...Paul DID teach that when ANYONE is born of the Spirit, revelation is possible to them BY THE SPIRIT. While we are yet in the flesh, we must remember that "the flesh is at war against the Spirit", and none of us has infallible knowledge.
I haven't followed all of Marge's teachings, so will not attempt to judge her, but she DOES speak truth on the need for being born of the spirit.
I find that God DOES reveal Himself to believers in 2014...even as Peter received the revelation of Jesus from the Father. His Spirit and His Word are ALIVE in those who believe in Him.
EVERYTHING the evangelicals know about Jesus or Paul or any other player in the NT Bible ....

... came directly from and through the Catholic Church.

If the RCC is the devil, then who gave the Evangelicals their "holy book?"

Answer -- the devil.

Thus evangelicalism is strongest where poverty and ignorance are also the strongest.

Now it making sense.
comment

Pomona, MO

#528417 Apr 10, 2014
Henry wrote:
<quoted text>
Better get acquainted with science!
Science is a god with no absolutes. It's axioms are only observations of reality, not reality itself. Science has no conscience or morality, it is as fickle as a whore.

Science only pilfers the creations of God, and credits itself with the incremental revelations
that God condescends to evoke. Science takes much and gives little, For those who pursue it the wages are confusion.
Anthony MN

Champlin, MN

#528418 Apr 10, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Whatever you say Yoda. May the Farce be with you!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 min oneear69 988,602
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 2 min old_moose 37,311
You are of your father.....the devil 1 hr Doctor REALITY 3
Why are Europeans a race of savages, thieves, a... (Jun '15) 1 hr Paul is dead 77
is god black or white? and why? (Oct '08) 1 hr my opinions 459
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 3 hr Tony 6,553
Why doesn't God STOP the world's MADNESS and in... 8 hr HFCS - What It Is 8
More from around the web