Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.
Comments
509,561 - 509,580 of 532,657 Comments Last updated 5 min ago

Since: Feb 14

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2014

atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>my ancestors floated down the "Big Sandy" until the boat leaked so much they had to touch land down around Johnson Co. and Floyd Co.
I was in Prison with some good ole boys from up that way..

“Greatest Love”

Since: Aug 08

For His Creation

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2014

Anthony MN wrote:
Christ our eternal King and God, You have destroyed death and the devil by Your Cross and have restored man to life by Your Resurrection; give rest, Lord, to the soul of Your servant Nick who has fallen asleep, in Your Kingdom, where there is no pain, sorrow or suffering. In Your goodness and love for all men, pardon all the sins he has committed in thought word or deed, for there is no man or woman who lives and sins not, You only are without sin.
For You are the Resurrection, the Life, and Repose of Your servant Nick, departed this life, O Christ our God; and to You do we send up glory with Your Eternal Father and Your All-holy, Good and Life-creating Spirit; both now and forever and to the ages of ages. Amen.
Absolve, we beseech Thee, O Lord, the soul of Thy servant Nick, that he who is dead to the world, may live unto Thee, and wipe away by Thy most merciful forgiveness what sins he may have committed in life through human frailty. Though our Lord Jesus Christ. Amen.
V. Eternal rest give unto him , O Lord.
R. And let perpetual light shine upon him .
V. May he rest in peace.
R. Amen.
V. May his soul and the souls of all the faithful departed through the mercy of God rest in peace.
R. Amen.
Amen
Anthony MN

Champlin, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2014

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I suggest you don't let your Catholicism overwhelm you by showing how low you can go to strike a blow.
By the way, I lost two daughters to death ... not just one.
All animals die. Death does not make me bitter, and neither does life. It is what it is, and I try my best to accept it as it is.
Every post of your's seethes contempt, hate, bitterness towards every person here. I'm not aware of a single poster with whom you've shared an ounce of pleasantness. I suggest you've forgotten how. We are not responsible for your pain. I also suggest you get some grief counseling.

“Greatest Love”

For His Creation

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2014

Marie Regina wrote:
<quoted text>
May angels lead you into paradise; upon your arrival, may the martyrs receive you and lead you to the holy city of Jerusalem. May the ranks of angels receive you, and with Lazarus, once a poor man, may you have eternal rest.
We suppliants, O Lord,
Pour forth our prayers
For the souls of Thy servants and handmaids,
That Thou wouldst mercifully pardon
Whatsoever they have committed
Through human frailty
And graciously bring their sufferings to an end.
Through Our Lord Jesus Christ.
Amen
Eternal rest grant unto him, O Lord, and let perpetual light shine upon him.
May his soul and all the souls of the faithful departed rest in peace.
Amen.
Amen

“Greatest Love”

For His Creation

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2014

marge wrote:
May Hermi R.I.P, May God bless Seri, Amen.
AMEN and yes,PLEASE,ALL prayers,for Sera,....our SISTER in Christ ...
Liam

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2014

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Well then I must re-phrase. If he was a Protestant ... do you believe he would now be in heaven???

It doesn't matter to me, only God is the judge.

Look, I don't care about your stupid politics and wacky atheism .... You're just an ugly human being. I would guess you have zero people in your life that consider you a nice person. Why don't you focus on June instead of us?

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2014

atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>First, it IS and WAS the catholics who protested against the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, NOT THE OTHER WAY AROUND.
the church that Nick attended NEVER Saved him, it was his faith and his love for the Lord that Saved him. Nick left behind a testimony that he loved the Lord, I, along with some others on here , accepted that testimony on its own merits.
Now, that is Honesty.
Muslims are also honest in their testimonies of faith. But you discredit them to in turn praise your own religion.

It's not my fault if you can't see how you indulge your self in your own illusions just as they indulge their selves in their illusions.

“Greatest Love”

For His Creation

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2014

LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
I am sorry to hear of Nicks passing he will be missed , his trials are over.
He is with the Lord. I will see you again dear brother.
My love thoughts and prayers are with you Sere, God Bless you.
Amen yes..Poor thing has,had little,sleep and is,heart broken..She needs,our prayers.

I picture Nick up and around and dancing with Jesus,...hooopah...l o l

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2014

Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Every post of your's seethes contempt, hate, bitterness towards every person here. I'm not aware of a single poster with whom you've shared an ounce of pleasantness. I suggest you've forgotten how. We are not responsible for your pain. I also suggest you get some grief counseling.
Do you hate Islam ... or do you just not believe it is based on truth???

I don't hate religion, yours or any other religion. I just don't believe that any of it is based on truth.

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2014

pusherman_ wrote:
<quoted text> You're such a hater June...
I can't hate what I don't believe exists.

And I'm well aware that if I agreed with your sermons, you would think I am WISE.

It's the disagreement that irritates all of you.

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2014

RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
I picture Nick up and around and dancing with Jesus,...hooopah...l o l
Fantasies are such fun. Especially the ones where you picture your selves dancing with Jesus and the faithless ones being tormented by the devil.

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2014

RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
AMEN and yes,PLEASE,ALL prayers,for Sera,....our SISTER in Christ ...
Do you consider the Muslim-women that are faithful to Islam as being your SISTERS in salvation???

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2014

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I can't hate what I don't believe exists.
And I'm well aware that if I agreed with your sermons, you would think I am WISE.
It's the disagreement that irritates all of you.
June, it's easy to see you're hating on religion and Jesus. your anger comes through loud and clear. like the sound of rushing waters...
Anthony MN

Champlin, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2014

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you hate Islam ... or do you just not believe it is based on truth???
I don't hate religion, yours or any other religion. I just don't believe that any of it is based on truth.
No I don't hate Islam.

You hate people. And you hate people's "gods' because they find comfort in them whereas you have nothing to find comfort in for your pain and anguish. I feel pity for you

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2014

From the book … The True Believer … Thoughts on the Nature of Mass Movements … by Eric Hoffer. Published 1951.

By elevating dogma above reason, the individual’s intelligence is prevented from becoming self reliant.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2014

BTO

You Ain't Seen Nothing Yet

https://www.youtube.com/watch...

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2014

pusherman_ wrote:
<quoted text> June, it's easy to see you're hating on religion and Jesus. your anger comes through loud and clear. like the sound of rushing waters...
Do you hate Islam and the Muslims???

I don't hate the Catholic or Protestant religions. I simply don't believe that people of any religion should brag of cornering the market concerning knowing absolute truth.

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2014

Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
No I don't hate Islam.
You believe Muslims will go to hell. How do you relate that "principle" to anything resembling the word love.

I don't believe in hell, so I wish the Muslims peace now and if their just happens to be a hereafter ... also then.

Your religion can not generate peace. It is judgmental by its own theology.

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2014

Catholics teach that only Catholics can go to heaven.

Protestants teach that only Protestants can go to heaven.

That means that "within the theology" if Jesus stayed faithful to Judaism, he was and is not and never will be allowed in heaven.

Bunkology
Jumper The Wise

Owensboro, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2014

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you hate Islam and the Muslims???
I don't hate the Catholic or Protestant religions. I simply don't believe that people of any religion should brag of cornering the market concerning knowing absolute truth.
Its not like we dont know the truth regarding your comments.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

451 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 3 min Naveen kumar 4,632
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 18 min Charlie Sheen 256,458
Do you Recognize this Man? 20 min Bryan 3
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 21 min Lyndi 172,348
Nine Eleven 23 min passing by 8
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 28 min An NFL Fan 115,036
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 37 min Buck Crick 224,120
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr dirty white boy- 720,693
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 4 hr bbbbbb 73
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••