Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 658350 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Gods R Delusions x Mine

Orlando, FL

#528040 Apr 8, 2014
The similarities are amazing.

The CC takes the Jewish holy book and interprets it to their own way -- a fundamentally different way that the original had NEVER intended.

The Fundies take the CC holy book and interpret it to their own way -- a fundamentally different way that the original had NEVER intended.

The original CC tolerated the Jews.

The Fundies believe the CC is the devil.

This is some god's plan because???

Come to the lite friends..

Ramen

marge

Leesburg, GA

#528041 Apr 8, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
I see. Your feelings are hurt because I reject your claim that you speak for God and have His authority to judge who is a Christian and infallibly interpret scripture. And it's perfectly alright for you to accuse me of practicing spiritual fornication and judge me a non-Christian pagan idol worshiper who's going straight to hell upon my death.
I'll state it again. You do not speak for God. You have no authority to judge anyone. Your calling as a protestant Christian is to act as a Christian.
Now Gif has the gift of a preacher, one who preaches the Word of God for your benefit. It's the Word he preaches that judges you, not him.
Gods R Delusions x Mine

Orlando, FL

#528042 Apr 8, 2014
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
Discerning of the Spirits is a gift from God Anthony, I would assume that gift is present in all groups of true believers along with all God says are attributes true believers. It always sounds that you don't believe His Word.
If I had such a GIFT FROM GOD, I promise I wouldn't be wasting my time on Topix.

Such a GIFT should be shared with the world in a more positive and meaningful way!!!!

Why are you wasting your time here?

Holy cow!! WHAT ARE YOU DOING WITH YOUR GIFT FROM GOD?
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#528043 Apr 8, 2014
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
Never is a long time...
You have questioned my call to the ministry ...because I am not Roman Catholic...
Just as there are certain characteristics expected of a ambassador of a country....
there are expectations that are expected of fellowcitizens with the saints, and of the
household of God; ...
As ambassadors for Christ, we are suppose to represent Him..
(or better yet...allow Him to represent Himself through us)
Our entanglement with earthly organization ect..should be at best secondary or non
existent..
The Apostle Paul wrote..
Php 1:21 For to me to live is Christ, and to die is gain.
BTW, ambassadors of Christ do not behave in the judgmental and condemning manner in which you have behaved over the years on this forum. If anything, your wife has acted (on most occasions) in a manner far more representative of the teachings of Christ. I think she should be teaching you.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#528044 Apr 8, 2014
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
Discerning of the Spirits is a gift from God Anthony, I would assume that gift is present in all groups of true believers along with all God says are attributes true believers. It always sounds that you don't believe His Word.
Discerning who correctly discerns is a gift neither you nor confrinting possess. Sorry.

Since: Feb 14

Location hidden

#528045 Apr 8, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
How can you recognize "Absolute Truth" when you tell lies about other Christians? Why would anyone accept your testimony when you're a liar?

Absolute True would be unto (unique ) Defined, by the Individual, It is not, or should not, be a Group thing, but is because of same purpose. each person is Ultimately "Judged" on Individual actions. All that who's right or wrong as been around since Cain & Abel. The worlds two major Religions are of Abraham ( Issac & Ishmael ) Ishmael would be the Father of Islam. Cain was probably Father of Canaan. Religion is gonna Persevere. One has to Get In ,Where You Fit In..
marge

Leesburg, GA

#528046 Apr 8, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
I see. Your feelings are hurt because I reject your claim that you speak for God and have His authority to judge who is a Christian and infallibly interpret scripture. And it's perfectly alright for you to accuse me of practicing spiritual fornication and judge me a non-Christian pagan idol worshiper who's going straight to hell upon my death.
I'll state it again. You do not speak for God. You have no authority to judge anyone. Your calling as a protestant Christian is to act as a Christian.
Preachers feelings don't get hurt if you reject what they say Anthony, they trust His Word will heal.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#528047 Apr 8, 2014
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
Now Gif has the gift of a preacher, one who preaches the Word of God for your benefit. It's the Word he preaches that judges you, not him.
How do you know? All he does is post scripture and calls the Catholic Church the whore of Babylon. Any trained monkey could do that.

And marge, if you're such a believer in confrinting's gift, why is it ok for you to reject his preaching that we aren't OSAS and soul-sleep is heresy?
Chess

Dublin, OH

#528048 Apr 8, 2014
pusherman_ wrote:
<quoted text> Hate takes to much energy..
Truly.

So just say no.
marge

Leesburg, GA

#528049 Apr 8, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
BTW, ambassadors of Christ do not behave in the judgmental and condemning manner in which you have behaved over the years on this forum. If anything, your wife has acted (on most occasions) in a manner far more representative of the teachings of Christ. I think she should be teaching you.
It's the Word he preaches that is judging you lacking Anthony, not him.
Chess

Dublin, OH

#528050 Apr 8, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
You expect us to take your word for it too. Do Christians sin after gettin' saved?
What are your thoughts on that, Tony.

Not a loaded question, just a simple inquiry.
Chess

Dublin, OH

#528051 Apr 8, 2014
Cjuck wrote:
<quoted text>
lol...ahhhh yes the ol I'm being attacked card...love that one..
How did I attack you sweetheart?
Are you actually in Dublin.

I'm sitting five miles from there as I post.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#528052 Apr 8, 2014
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
Preachers feelings don't get hurt if you reject what they say Anthony, they trust His Word will heal.
I don't accept his self-proclaimed authority to infallibly preach God's Word, that's why his feelings are hurt. If I did accept it, I'd join his group. BTW, since you do accept it, why do you think you can reject what he says about OSAS and soul-sleep?
Michael

Canada

#528053 Apr 8, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
I have never judged you a non-Christian and the Catholic Church does not judge you a non-Christian, so it's a moot question. On the other hand, you have spent years on this forum judging Catholics as non-Christian. Again, where do you and Cjuck get the authority to judge whether someone is a Christian? If it's just because you and Cjuck say you're a born again bible-only believer, why shouldn't we accept other protestant's judgment of you as a non-Christian?
,..Why do you sweat the small stuff? Geez!
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#528054 Apr 8, 2014
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
It's the Word he preaches that is judging you lacking Anthony, not him.
There are no scripture passages that judge me lacking which don't equally judge him and every other Christian. His personal feelings and personal interpretation of those scriptures are what he uses to judge me. I reject his authority to judge me based on his personal opinions of scripture. I accept only the authority of Christ and the Church which He founded on St. Peter and the apostles and their successors to whom He gave the authority to bind and loose. Your groups have no such thing. Sorry.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#528055 Apr 8, 2014
Chess wrote:
<quoted text>
What are your thoughts on that, Tony.
Not a loaded question, just a simple inquiry.
We don't believe or use the "gettin' saved" term as do some protestant groups who think it's once and done. Having said that, yes, we do believe that Christians do sin after being born again.
Gods R Delusions x Mine

Orlando, FL

#528056 Apr 8, 2014
Chess wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you actually in Dublin.
I'm sitting five miles from there as I post.
Some nice bike trails in the area.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#528057 Apr 8, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
,..Why do you sweat the small stuff? Geez!
What makes you think I'm sweating? I've got a big smile on my face enjoying the comfortable 50 degree temperatures and excited about tomorrow's 70.
Chess

Dublin, OH

#528058 Apr 8, 2014
Gods R Delusions x Mine wrote:
<quoted text>
Some nice bike trails in the area.
Miles along the Scioto and the Olentangy.
Chess

Dublin, OH

#528059 Apr 8, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
We don't believe or use the "gettin' saved" term as do some protestant groups who think it's once and done. Having said that, yes, we do believe that Christians do sin after being born again.
Once saved always saved.

Not sure if they consider it sin afterward. They tend to rely on Paul, and, not surprisingly, often are the worst actors on Topix.

Me? I don't buy into sin. I do buy into a social contract in a consenting society and into violations thereof.

But I'm not a philosopher.

I'm sure there are better, smarted folks who have thought such things through.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 6 min ATHEOI 69,973
Moms having sex with their sons (Aug '12) 35 min Jersey97boy 86
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 36 min bad bob 183,437
Whose fault was it that O.J. Simpson beat murde... (Mar '16) 38 min Garden Girl 22
Should Black People Forgive White People for Sl... (Jun '07) 45 min gundee123 4,917
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr Brian_G 974,589
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr Brian_G 282,832
More from around the web