Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 559,522
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story
Jumper The Wise

Owensboro, KY

#527690 Apr 6, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
I have sealed my "fate" and my soul is dead
look on the bright side.
Atleast you don't have to hire a lawyer.
Earl

Concord, CA

#527691 Apr 6, 2014
I have a picture of the last Pope, the Pope of the one true church, kissing the Koran.

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#527692 Apr 6, 2014
OH OH!!! After "God" created Adam and Eve to be sinners, God let the devil rule his kingdom on earth ... but it seems that the devil is eventually going to get on "God's" last nerve.

:)
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>

Revelation 20:10 - And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet [are], and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever.

Prince George, Canada

#527693 Apr 6, 2014
pusherman_ wrote:
<quoted text> June, you never answered the question.
Which question? I thought you were preaching another sermon.

Prince George, Canada

#527694 Apr 6, 2014
Apparently we're supposed to hate the world that "God" created.

Silly dogmas.
>>>>>>> >>>>>

1 John 2:15-16 - Love not the world, neither the things [that are] in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#527695 Apr 6, 2014
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL @ Green Stamps.
You old fart.
Got me! LOL!

Since: Feb 14

Location hidden

#527696 Apr 6, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Which question? I thought you were preaching another sermon.
HaHaHa!

“YESHUA IS LORD”

Since: Apr 07

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#527697 Apr 6, 2014

“YESHUA IS LORD”

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#527698 Apr 6, 2014
Has the RCC always had a history of it's priests being sexually active with ( or molesting) so many young boys or is this something that has just started recently in the last few decades or so? What gives?

“YESHUA IS LORD”

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#527699 Apr 6, 2014
I once heard and I don't know if I agree with the rumor or not but that the fallen angels brought the practice of homosexuality to mankind which one of themany forbidden things that God did not want mankind exposed to yet the fallen angels brought forbidden pracitces to man.

Practice of the dark arts was another such forbidden thing that God did not want mankind exposed to. Hmmm.

Prince George, Canada

#527700 Apr 6, 2014
If the Jews, Catholics, Muslims and Protestants did not exist ... would the world have missed them???

I suggest that before these Abrahamic right-fighting groups materialized, those in other religions thought THEY were chosen by the gods for divine experiences.

It's easy to convince the self of its own importance ... but I suggest we are simply just another breed of selfish animals.

Prince George, Canada

#527701 Apr 6, 2014
Tony17 wrote:
I once heard and I don't know if I agree with the rumor or not but that the fallen angels brought the practice of homosexuality to mankind which one of themany forbidden things that God did not want mankind exposed to yet the fallen angels brought forbidden pracitces to man.
Practice of the dark arts was another such forbidden thing that God did not want mankind exposed to. Hmmm.
The gods created by humans are too ugly to expose their selves. That's why they hide in the shadows and hope to never be seen.

:)

“YESHUA IS LORD”

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#527702 Apr 6, 2014

Prince George, Canada

#527703 Apr 6, 2014
I would be more persuaded to believe that the men of religion eons ago told more truth than the modern practitioners.

After all ... they were closer to the source of the first stories told of gods and goddesses. That should account for something.

{{{wink, wink}}}

“YESHUA IS LORD”

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#527704 Apr 6, 2014
Yet another interesting link about fallen angels and aliens.

http://beforeitsnews.com/beyond-science/2013/...

Since: Mar 14

Frankfort, KY

#527705 Apr 6, 2014
Personally, I am just not into the religion thing. I am into God and I know I didn't talk to Him as much as I should have in the past but I'm working on it. I haven't even attended a service in quiet a while. For that, I am ashamed. I try to look at things with common sense, form my own opinion" kinda girl ya know and if something works, it works and if it don't work, well ya take it from there. To me, religion is just another way to separate people. Like television and video games along with computers and cancer haven't been doing a good job. Love is about helping each other and not doing it for worldly gain. It just makes a person feel really good about themselves in a pure harmonic way. It just works and with no side effects (like eating the food, watching the "idiot" box and drinking the water here). Just my opinion, again, but it don't work for me when a Catholic Church (or any denomination for that matter) has millions and millions of dollars and yet all around us, are uncared for elderly and starving children! "Suffer the little children to come unto me" Jesus.! Here's a couple of my favorites:

For it will be easier for a camel to slip through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter Heaven.

For what doth a man profit should he gain the world but lose his soul?
truth

Perth, Australia

#527706 Apr 6, 2014
psalm 32
http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/...

i am not wicket

deceit spirit is not good

to understand to understood

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#527707 Apr 6, 2014
in this message, the writer is telling us that the Bible and only the Bible is the source of Salvation, not false teaching from the catholic church among other false churches.

While this task may seem daunting, we, like Timothy, are able to keep and preserve the Bible “by the Holy Spirit who dwells in us.” Paul tells us two important points in these few words. First, it is truly God who will keep and guard the Gospel. We must draw upon God Himself to accomplish our portion of this task. Second, Paul assures us of God’s power being present because we are indwelt by the Holy Spirit. If we will submit to God, He is already present with us all the time ready to help us in our times of trial.

God’s Word does not change, but false teachers will seek to distort its meaning in the minds of mankind in order to divert people from understanding and following the teaching of Scripture. The word “sound” here and in 2:13 means healthy or wholesome. In the Gospels, the Greek root describes the healing of the sick by Jesus. The false teachers attempt to take what is good for us and turn it bitter. They have humankind drinking sour milk instead of fresh, wholesome milk. The false teachers need healing!

This brings us full circle back to my original question. How can you, or someone from your class, defend the Gospel if they do not understand the doctrines of Scripture. Admittedly, most Christians should be able to defend the basics of Christianity – the meaning of the Crucifixion, the Resurrection, and the Ascension. However, can they defend other important doctrines?

For example, Jehovah Witnesses teach that Jesus was the “first born,” not part of the eternal Godhead. Or, how about the fact that the Mormons and Christian Scientist teach that Scripture means the Bible plus some other writing. What is wrong with these doctrines? Obviously, the list is endless but the point is simple. To be able to defend the FAITH, one must know the doctrines of the faith. This requires constant reading, meditation, and study of God’s Word.

What a person believes is crucial and critical to their testimony and ability to defend Jesus. Defending the is the overriding theme of this letter. There is no neutral position when it comes to Christ. If a person is not for Jesus, then according to Scriptures, he is against Him.

Paul will later state that he had held fast to the truth (4:7). Timothy is to follow this example. Timothy’s belief is founded “in faith and love which are in Christ Jesus.” The Work and Person of Jesus forms the foundation for Timothy’s faith, for Paul’s faith, and for our faith. Jesus is the “pattern of sound words” Paul has taught Timothy.

Paul then reminds Timothy that

a) his spiritual son “knows” these things already

b) "all of Asia" has turned away from the disciple

c) Phygellus and Hermogenes are two of those who have turned away (v15)

Timothy has been with Paul through at least the last two missionary journeys. Timothy would have witnessed first hand the large number of Asians who had come to know Christ. Paul’s language here must mean that many have turned away from Jesus, a spiritual movement away from the church. While in general,“all” literally means “all,” it can mean “all of a certain type.” Here the type must mean that a large group of Asians became heretics. For Paul,“Asia” would equal the Roman providence encompassing the western parts of Asia Minor, now Western Turkey. Its capital was Ephesus. Obviously not all of Asia defected. There are still churches in Ephesus and other parts of Asia minor when John writes Revelation some 30 years later (Rev 2, 3).
http://www.judeministries.org/details.php...

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#527708 Apr 6, 2014
Liam wrote:
Oops
Paul was writing the Christian community in Thessalonica.
Not so.....
Now we beseech you, brethren, by the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, and by our gathering together unto him,

That is whom he is addressing....brethren....so says the Word of God...

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#527709 Apr 6, 2014
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
2Thess 1
Paul, Silva'nus, and Timothy, To the Church of the Thessalonians in God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.
I'm amazed every time I see y'all slice through the word of God until it becomes the word of Preston... Or the word of Ox. Show me one line in 2thess that remotely resembles your ideology. hold steadfast to the Jewish traditions? Get real. Yeah, the Mass is rooted in Judaism and the Church is the new Israel.... Maybe you got a point. Lol
Even you don't seriously believe the junk you spew.
All Catholic and Orthodox obey the word of God by holding firm to the traditions we were taught. These Sacred traditions you walked away from when you left Catholicism. You think you found another loophole by inventing a scenario that matches the Christianity you desire.
2Th 1:1 ¶ Paul, and Silvanus, and Timotheus, unto the church of the Thessalonians in God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ:

Nowhere....no place....not even a hint of the term "tradition" or "traditions" is used in that chapter......

You are pathetic.....deliberately misusing Scripture to support your lies....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 2 min WildWeirdWillie 175,656
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 3 min Ugly Truth from d... 605,029
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 min Dave Nelson 775,399
Israel's end is near, Ahmadinejad says (Jun '07) 9 min Sacchar 37,818
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 17 min cheer the f up 265,156
gay whatsapp agroup (Nov '13) 22 min jodi 39
Kokopelli's Place, too (Jan '08) 30 min Jolly 23,974
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 1 hr Jac 441,774
More from around the web