Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 688830 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#528054 Apr 8, 2014
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
It's the Word he preaches that is judging you lacking Anthony, not him.
There are no scripture passages that judge me lacking which don't equally judge him and every other Christian. His personal feelings and personal interpretation of those scriptures are what he uses to judge me. I reject his authority to judge me based on his personal opinions of scripture. I accept only the authority of Christ and the Church which He founded on St. Peter and the apostles and their successors to whom He gave the authority to bind and loose. Your groups have no such thing. Sorry.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#528055 Apr 8, 2014
Chess wrote:
<quoted text>
What are your thoughts on that, Tony.
Not a loaded question, just a simple inquiry.
We don't believe or use the "gettin' saved" term as do some protestant groups who think it's once and done. Having said that, yes, we do believe that Christians do sin after being born again.
Gods R Delusions x Mine

Orlando, FL

#528056 Apr 8, 2014
Chess wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you actually in Dublin.
I'm sitting five miles from there as I post.
Some nice bike trails in the area.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#528057 Apr 8, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
,..Why do you sweat the small stuff? Geez!
What makes you think I'm sweating? I've got a big smile on my face enjoying the comfortable 50 degree temperatures and excited about tomorrow's 70.
Chess

Dublin, OH

#528058 Apr 8, 2014
Gods R Delusions x Mine wrote:
<quoted text>
Some nice bike trails in the area.
Miles along the Scioto and the Olentangy.
Chess

Dublin, OH

#528059 Apr 8, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
We don't believe or use the "gettin' saved" term as do some protestant groups who think it's once and done. Having said that, yes, we do believe that Christians do sin after being born again.
Once saved always saved.

Not sure if they consider it sin afterward. They tend to rely on Paul, and, not surprisingly, often are the worst actors on Topix.

Me? I don't buy into sin. I do buy into a social contract in a consenting society and into violations thereof.

But I'm not a philosopher.

I'm sure there are better, smarted folks who have thought such things through.
marge

Leesburg, GA

#528060 Apr 8, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't accept his self-proclaimed authority to infallibly preach God's Word, that's why his feelings are hurt. If I did accept it, I'd join his group. BTW, since you do accept it, why do you think you can reject what he says about OSAS and soul-sleep?
If his feelings are hurt it's because you have yet to receive God's Word, period.

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#528061 Apr 8, 2014
Chess wrote:
<quoted text>
Miles along the Scioto and the Olentangy.
I know how to pronounce the River known as Skyota. I live around 500 yards from it.lol

skyota is how it was pronounced on a TV show many years ago.lol

but it pronounces the same as the word Sci ence.

Go Bucks !!!! Miller will lead us to #1

Since: Feb 14

Location hidden

#528062 Apr 8, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
How much is a sin going for ? A Soul ?

Location hidden

#528063 Apr 8, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't accept his self-proclaimed authority to infallibly preach God's Word, that's why his feelings are hurt. If I did accept it, I'd join his group. BTW, since you do accept it, why do you think you can reject what he says about OSAS and soul-sleep?
marge rejects the Word because she is an unlearned individual, No different than you are.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#528064 Apr 8, 2014
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
If his feelings are hurt it's because you have yet to receive God's Word, period.
Says you? And him? lol. Neither of you has the authority to make that call. Period.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#528065 Apr 8, 2014
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
It "matters not" to me as to whether they respond or not!!........We as Catholics ALL know that we are Catholic Christian " brothers and sisters" in Jesus Christ" and that is ALL that counts! They know --and I know, that everything they post on this forum is the TRUTH of TRUE historical and biblical proven Catholic Teaching directly from Gods Word whether it be oral or written handed down from the Apostles over 2000 years ago..........Ever notice why there is NEVER any argument between Catholic on doctrine, faith and morals----while Protestant bible only "fundies" are in "constant conflict, debate, discussion and arguments with each other because of their " Never ending" contradiction, inconsistencies and opposition to each other's "personal opinionated" confused interpretation of the bible regarding its True interpretive meaning!(Been there--done that for over 35 years as a former bible only Protestant)------They can "have it"-------It is " 3 ring circus "- merry-go-round ----of over 500 years of Protestant "confusion, chaos and contradiction ALL with good intension ALL believing and worshiping
In their faiths with " partial truth Christianity, rejecting the Fullness of the faith and the Fullness of the Truth that Jesus gave us in His One True Apostolic Catholic Church 2000 years ago !!
Hey tojo or any other catlik!!!!!

Tell me what definition your NABre pope approved Bible teaches regarding the church Christ built. I don't see one word about it being the one (and only one) TRUE Apostolic Catholic Church.

Church: this word (Greek ekkl&#275;sia) occurs in the gospels only here and in Mt 18:17 (twice). There are several possibilities for an Aramaic original. JesusÂ’ church means the community that he will gather and that, like a building, will have Peter as its solid foundation. That function of Peter consists in his being witness to Jesus as the Messiah, the Son of the living God.

Since: Feb 14

Location hidden

#528066 Apr 8, 2014
Chess wrote:
<quoted text>
Once saved always saved.
Not sure if they consider it sin afterward. They tend to rely on Paul, and, not surprisingly, often are the worst actors on Topix.
Me? I don't buy into sin. I do buy into a social contract in a consenting society and into violations thereof.
That doesn't/shouldn't give one a free pass to Abuse Forgiveness, that would be making a Mockery out of it. One should always strive to walk in Harmony with the Word.

Of Course it's considered Sin, How else they gonna get "Donations" ?

I Personally don't know how much one can "Spend" on Sin Daily ? I think they Offer varying rates, and even Bundle Packages Daily..

“What are you looking at?”

Albuquerque, NM

#528067 Apr 8, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
The facts are.....real, live documents exist which support the historical beliefs and thoughts of the early Christians. I've only been posting them here for a few years now.
"Real live documents....."

DOH!!

I'm not disputing the existence of the texts, just their veracity.

Your opinion of what you believe doesn't make your statement accurate.

BTW - I've also posted references and links to "real, live documents that support the historical beliefs and thoughts of early 'Christians'".

So - either you accept what those early "Christians" believed or you choose to believe what men decided.

We already know the answer, but do you have the honesty to actually say it openly and without the masks you put on them?
marge

Leesburg, GA

#528068 Apr 8, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Says you? And him? lol. Neither of you has the authority to make that call. Period.
God's word speaks for itself and that is the authority, even our ears to hear that word and believe is under His authority, why you give that authority to any other human to teach you I don't understand.

Albuquerque, NM

#528069 Apr 8, 2014
Husker wrote:

Yep,it sure does. People need to leave the new age stuff alone, this open doors for the devil,..

New Age writes:
I disagree.

Please tell me when this occurs, why it occurs, and then the outcome of a situation after a supposed "open door for the devil".

I think you are trying to mislead others by making stuff up, because you can't account for your own false beliefs.

Or more accurately - you'll just runaway without ever making any statement that has substance to support your statement.

Honesty Husker......let's see it.....you can be honest, right?

Albuquerque, NM

#528070 Apr 8, 2014
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
June VanDerMark wrote:
"I am indeed thankful that I had the wits about me to never use words from any religious literature to in turn cause harm to others. "
New Age writes:
- unfortunately, since you only left religion four years ago, you are still a little wet behind the ears to claim you aren't causing any harm.
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I never caused harm by preaching religion at others, as when I was in religion I believed that "God" would welcome all wanderers home.
I never believed that if Jesus existed he was worth my investment of faith. Any man that would leave Judaism behind to join other religious philosophers seemed to me to be a religious whore.
That was why I wrote the poem "image of Jesus."
.....and more than likely - you aren't causing any harm here either, huh?

Dop you even understand my point?
marge

Leesburg, GA

#528071 Apr 8, 2014
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>marge rejects the Word because she is an unlearned individual, No different than you are.
The Word(Jesus) saves eternally, seems like your the one rejecting.

Albuquerque, NM

#528072 Apr 8, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
Of course when I dis religion I cause harm to believers who feel a need to defend their dogmas.
But they don't consider that Atheists have feelings also and don't like to be told that we will burn in hells or are evil and wicked for denying that Jesus existed.
It works both ways. NOT just your way.
I am not in your places of worship. You are on a forum.
Please keep THAT thought in mind.
And furthermore, you think nothing of dissing other people's religious beliefs, but you think you have every right to be offended when others dis your religious beliefs.
Spoiled brats!!!
Is this a little hint of honesty coming out??

Make up my mind - you don't cause harm, or you cause harm?
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#528073 Apr 8, 2014
Chess wrote:
<quoted text>
Once saved always saved.
I think they do consider it sin, but in their world, nothing they do after gettin' saved can effect their golden ticket to heaven. It's a done deal. Kinda odd that they'll be sharing space with the crack smokin', gay sex havin' Ted Haggards of the world...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 min Robert F 988,552
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 4 min SiverrideNedreck 37,158
Why doesn't God STOP the world's MADNESS and in... 10 min HFCS - What It Is 3
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 2 hr Tony 6,550
*** All Time Favorite Songs *** (Dec '10) 3 hr Classic 4,333
We do NOT need any walls! 7 hr Paul is dead 34
Harden and James....'the Beard Brothers' 8 hr Doctor REALITY 2
More from around the web