Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 679163 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#527764 Apr 7, 2014
pusherman_ wrote:
<quoted text> I am from southeast Kentucky. I had a buddy that worked in bluefield W. Virginia on a strip job..
I was raise in McDowell county about 50 miles south of Bluefield...

Born in a little town called Coalwood...

HOME OF "THE ROCKET BOYS"..

IN .the movie called " OCTOBER SKY."
hojo

Excelsior, MN

#527765 Apr 7, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
....,Hojo says protestants are wrong, all liberal thinking people are wrong, american catholic nuns are wrong, Jews are wrong, Muslims are wrong. Catholics who use contraception, people divorced are wrong.
....Only Hojo and the worldwide scandal riddled catholic church leaders that have made fools out of the followers are right!
...Unbelievable!
There are a "countless number" of faith filled people in many religions and denominations today that follow, believe and put their daily trust in Almighty God such as Jews, Muslims, Hindus,etc. Others have expanded their faith to include Jesus Christ (the Son of God) as the Way, he Truth and the Life such as Bible Only ,Protestants, Mormons, Christian Science, Jehovas Witnesses etc.----- however -----NONE of theses teach, possess, and proclaim the Fullness of the Faith and the Fullness of the Truth -----except -----the One True Apostolic Catholic Church founded, established and initiated ONLY by Jesus Christ Himself over 2000 years ago. The biblical and historical ---TRUE teachings of Jesus Christ ---along with the fact that the Catholic Church is the ONLY Christian Church that continues to grow (each and every year)--is not curtailed by a small group of pedophile priests (2 percent at best) who have gone against their ordination commitments as priests in defiance to the Truth and the TRUE teachings of Jesus Christ and His CHURH.

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#527766 Apr 7, 2014
pusherman_ wrote:
<quoted text> It's the Vatican that has blood stained hands my friend, you may not be able to see it, but it's there, and they will be held accountable. you know it, but why you want admit it, is beyond me..
Just as you believe that Jesus loves you and died for your sins, the Catholics have been trained to believe that Jesus loves them and died for their sins.

Once a savior takes the load of sin from the human conscience, those humans believe they are free from sin. So the Catholics had nothing to lose by starting the Inquisitions and causing all the other horrors on earth.

Protestants believe the same. "Jesus died for my sin and that is WHY if I believe in him I will go to heaven."

Prince George, Canada

#527767 Apr 7, 2014
RoSesz wrote:
OUR dear brother Nick has,just reached journeys,end .
May he,rest in the arms,of His,Lord Jesus...free of pain at last.
In Jesus,name Amen
I will miss,his,wisdom and humor ..
And pray for peace for Sera,
Babies die of starvation every moment by "God's" supposed will. Do you celebrate the idea that those babies in India will be ignored and spend eternity in hell ... by the same supposed Jesus that you choose to worship???

Ignorant BOOB!!!
hojo

Excelsior, MN

#527768 Apr 7, 2014
OldJG wrote:
OldJG wrote : Could it beyour Roman church is the liar and has been lying for hundreds of years. Yes would be the historically correct answer.
Not even a Possibility!----The problem is that you and Ox have been reading "way" to many post reformation fiction "comic books" in which your 21st century modernistic historian writers have been "spoon-feeding" you pre-selected (self interpreted) bible verses from here and there and then "patching together" a Swiss cheese doctrine" full of holes" that has no more credibility or truth than reading the back pages of your local newspapers "editorial opinionated section"!!
Until you begin truthfully, sincerely and diligently study and research the Truth of over 2000 years of True Church History, instead of using your own personal "trumpt up opinions".
as the final authority--your "bible verse" cherry picking will continue to be the basis of your half-truth Christian bible only beliefs !!!

Prince George, Canada

#527769 Apr 7, 2014
There is no question that the only reason Christians put faith in Jesus, is because they hope to be guaranteed a free passage to bliss in a supposed afterlife.

They don't care that they muddied the name Jesus by claiming that he abandoned Judaism for the new religion of Christianity. They don't care that the theology teaches that Jesus only loves Christians and will only welcome those of the Christian faith into "heaven."

As long as they convince their selves that he lives in spirit to do THEIR bidding for them, they will worship.

Scam artists in religious garbs.
Liam

Detroit, MI

#527770 Apr 7, 2014
OldJG wrote:
OldJG wrote:
Persecution by The Roman Church
“The Inquisition"
Most people have some knowledge of the holocaust, the six years of torture, death, and atrocities that the Jews, Poles, Gypsies, and a number of other minority groups suffered under Hitler and the Nazis during the Second World War. While in no way downplaying the terrible events of the holocaust, such a massacre does not compare to the severity of the torture and murder that took place under papal authority during the 605 years of the Roman Catholic Inquisition.
From the beginning of the papacy, until the present time, it is estimated by credible historians that more than fifty million men and women have been slaughtered for the crime of heresy charged against them by Papal Rome. This is documented in John Dowling’s The History of Romanism, Book 8, Ch. 1, pp. 542, 543:“From the birth of Popery in 600, to the present time, it is estimated by careful and credible historians, that more than FIFTY MILLION of the human family have been slaughtered for the crime of heresy by popish persecutors, an average of more than forty thousand religious murders for every year of the existence of Popery.” The main credible historians on the Inquisition, besides Dowling himself are Lea, Vancandard, Maycock, Coulton, and Turberville.
Secondly, Scott’s Church History gives a few sets of numbers, with the qualification,“No computation can reach the numbers who have been put to death, in different ways, on account of their maintaining the profession of the Gospel, and opposing the corruption of the Church of Rome. A MILLION of poor Waldenses perished in France; NINE HUNDRED THOUSAND orthodox Christians were slain in less than thirty years after the institution of the order of the Jesuits. The Duke of Alva boasted of having put to death in the Netherlands, THIRTY-SIX THOUSAND by the hand of the common executioner during the space of a few years. The Inquisition destroyed, by various tortures, ONE HUNDRED AND FIFTY THOUSAND within thirty years. These are a few specimens, and but a few, of those which history has recorded; but the total amount will never be known till the earth shall disclose her blood, and no more cover her slain.”
The torture chambers of the Inquisition lasted 605 years and were found throughout the nations controlled by Rome. They had their beginning under Pope Innocent III in 1203 until the Inquisition's final dissolution in Spain, Portugal and South America in 1808.
<quoted text>
According to you every historian who speaks against the Roman church is a liar. Could it be your Roman church is the liar and has been lying for hundreds of years. Yes would be the historically correct answer.
What you fail to understand is: although Spain, France and Italy were 'Catholic' nations, the Vatican never controlled the affairs of these governments. In fact, it was the Pope (Leo or Sixty I believe) who wrote a letter condemning the actions of Spain during the Inquisition.
Using your standards, you'd need to hold the Protestants accountable for the sins of the United States. And if you take into account Protestant England, well then, there is unmistakable genocide against Catholic Ireland as well as Catholics within the British Empire, when England banned the Mass, Catholicism and imprisoned and executed our Priests. This was done for the sake of Protestant theology. Spain, it could be argued, acted more on behalf of politics, not theology. And even the best estimates can only show 2500 killed during the Spanish Inquisition...And that is where if one took the time to research it, you'd see that Protestants are actually the ones responsible for your 50 million dead figure.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#527771 Apr 7, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Babies die of starvation every moment by "God's" supposed will. Do you celebrate the idea that those babies in India will be ignored and spend eternity in hell ... by the same supposed Jesus that you choose to worship???
Ignorant BOOB!!!
June....

Why don't you stop and think???

Our hearts are filled with sorrow over the loss of Hermi.....

We don't need your ranting.....

Who is going to be held accountable for these children, June???

If you are not helping, you might be held accountable.....

I help everyday.....DO YOU????

Why are sending money to India??? DO YOU????

We are building wells over there for fresh water....DO YOU???

Are you supporting any of this??? OF COURSE NOT......

Go somewhere else with your ranting as we don't want to hear it......
hojo

Excelsior, MN

#527772 Apr 7, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
Christ our eternal King and God, You have destroyed death and the devil by Your Cross and have restored man to life by Your Resurrection; give rest, Lord, to the soul of Your servant Nick who has fallen asleep, in Your Kingdom, where there is no pain, sorrow or suffering. In Your goodness and love for all men, pardon all the sins he has committed in thought word or deed, for there is no man or woman who lives and sins not, You only are without sin.
For You are the Resurrection, the Life, and Repose of Your servant Nick, departed this life, O Christ our God; and to You do we send up glory with Your Eternal Father and Your All-holy, Good and Life-creating Spirit; both now and forever and to the ages of ages. Amen.
Absolve, we beseech Thee, O Lord, the soul of Thy servant Nick, that he who is dead to the world, may live unto Thee, and wipe away by Thy most merciful forgiveness what sins he may have committed in life through human frailty. Though our Lord Jesus Christ. Amen.
V. Eternal rest give unto him , O Lord.
R. And let perpetual light shine upon him .
V. May he rest in peace.
R. Amen.
V. May his soul and the souls of all the faithful departed through the mercy of God rest in peace.
R. Amen.
Thanks Anthony -- and Amen!!!
Marie Regina

Toms River, NJ

#527773 Apr 7, 2014
RoSesz wrote:
OUR dear brother Nick has,just reached journeys,end .
May he,rest in the arms,of His,Lord Jesus...free of pain at last.
In Jesus,name Amen
I will miss,his,wisdom and humor ..
And pray for peace for Sera,
May angels lead you into paradise; upon your arrival, may the martyrs receive you and lead you to the holy city of Jerusalem. May the ranks of angels receive you, and with Lazarus, once a poor man, may you have eternal rest.

We suppliants, O Lord,
Pour forth our prayers
For the souls of Thy servants and handmaids,
That Thou wouldst mercifully pardon
Whatsoever they have committed
Through human frailty
And graciously bring their sufferings to an end.
Through Our Lord Jesus Christ.
Amen

Eternal rest grant unto him, O Lord, and let perpetual light shine upon him.
May his soul and all the souls of the faithful departed rest in peace.
Amen.

Prince George, Canada

#527774 Apr 7, 2014
I wonder how Billy Graham's conscience is handling his guilt of not apologizing to all those "he believes" that he mislead by preaching for decades that Jesus would ONLY welcome Christians into heaven???

What a scam artist.

He is a Protestant, who no-doubt was against Catholicism ... yet he would get up on the "STAGE" again and again and preach that "Christians" were the only ones that Jesus would choose to save.

Well ... now that he is close to his own death. I wonder (for all his deception) what he thinks he deserves in the supposed hereafter???

Maybe he still cons his own imagination into believing that Jesus will be waiting to praise him for all his WORSHIP!
Michael

Canada

#527775 Apr 7, 2014
Earl wrote:
I have a picture of the last Pope, the Pope of the one true church, kissing the Koran.
....We hashed this out 2 years ago. The pope loves Muslims we get it.
Michael

Canada

#527776 Apr 7, 2014
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
What you fail to understand is: although Spain, France and Italy were 'Catholic' nations, the Vatican never controlled the affairs of these governments. In fact, it was the Pope (Leo or Sixty I believe) who wrote a letter condemning the actions of Spain during the Inquisition.
Using your standards, you'd need to hold the Protestants accountable for the sins of the United States. And if you take into account Protestant England, well then, there is unmistakable genocide against Catholic Ireland as well as Catholics within the British Empire, when England banned the Mass, Catholicism and imprisoned and executed our Priests. This was done for the sake of Protestant theology. Spain, it could be argued, acted more on behalf of politics, not theology. And even the best estimates can only show 2500 killed during the Spanish Inquisition...And that is where if one took the time to research it, you'd see that Protestants are actually the ones responsible for your 50 million dead figure.
.......Organized religions of all beliefs are responsible for the deaths of millions of innocent people in the name of god around the world.

......What attracts you to organized religion?

....something is terribly wrong William.

Prince George, Canada

#527777 Apr 7, 2014
I suggest that if Jesus HAD lived, he would have been killed either way.

The Jews would have wanted him to stay faithful to Judaism. And the Gnostic Christians would have wanted him to be faithful to all their split sects of Christianity.

It would have been a dangerous TIME for Jesus with no way to stay alive. Once he professed to be a savior, he had to choose sides, and the side he did NOT choose would want him dead. No question about it.

Religion is all based on myth, but it be interesting to imagine the varying scenarios and bring them to a sort of a life in imagination.
hojo

Excelsior, MN

#527778 Apr 7, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
There is no question that the only reason Christians put faith in Jesus, is because they hope to be guaranteed a free passage to bliss in a supposed afterlife.
They don't care that they muddied the name Jesus by claiming that he abandoned Judaism for the new religion of Christianity. They don't care that the theology teaches that Jesus only loves Christians and will only welcome those of the Christian faith into "heaven."
As long as they convince their selves that he lives in spirit to do THEIR bidding for them, they will worship.
Scam artists in religious garbs.
There is no "automatic guarantee" of anyone's "eternal reward"!!.....As Paul says in ICor 9:24. Salvation is "running the race" and not everyone finishes".--- In order to finish the race we must (deny ourselves many things) in order to do your best and it is a process -running straight to the goal with a purpose in every step . Like an athlete, I discipline and deny my body of certain things, training it to do what it should --NOT --what it wants to ---which will allow me to do my best in order to give ,e the best opportunity to finish the race".!!!!!!

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#527779 Apr 7, 2014
Peace

I only knew Nick by the kind things he wrote. I have and will miss him.

Eternal rest grant unto him, O Lord, and may perpetual light shine upon him. May his soul, and all the souls of the faithful departed rest in peace.

Peace

Prince George, Canada

#527780 Apr 7, 2014
The issue should BE to those who think for their selves and ponder on the theologies of the varying religions ... that a creator that loved all human souls would not send a savior to earth to preach either Judaism or Christianity as being based on universal truth.

Male-created religions divide humans into right-fighting groups. So it makes no sense that a Creator would have any part of fueling the fires of religion ... unless of course he enjoyed the wars and bloodshed as entertainment on his own behalf, which would tarnish the image of the supposed creator as the monster that started and continues to fuel all the suffering.

Bunkology
marge

Leesburg, GA

#527781 Apr 7, 2014
May Hermi R.I.P, May God bless Seri, Amen.

Prince George, Canada

#527782 Apr 7, 2014
Robert F wrote:
Peace
I only knew Nick by the kind things he wrote. I have and will miss him.
Eternal rest grant unto him, O Lord, and may perpetual light shine upon him. May his soul, and all the souls of the faithful departed rest in peace.
Peace
Muslims are also faithful to their theologies. Do they also get a free pass from their Mahdi to eternal bliss, or according to you do they spent eternity in Christian hell???

For someone who professes to not preach your Christian religion ... you do a "bang-up" job.

Prince George, Canada

#527783 Apr 7, 2014
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no "automatic guarantee" of anyone's "eternal reward
Then I suggest that you "prepare" to burn for eternity in Islam's hell that the Muslim theologians prepared especially for YOU.

Bunkology
>>>>>>> >

From the book “Infidel,” by Ayaan Hirsi Ali comes the following……

We all heard about Hell. That was what Quran school was mostly about: Hell and all the mistakes that could put us there. The Quran lists Hell’s torments in vivid detail: sores, boiling water, peeling skin, burning flesh, dissolving bowels, the everlasting fires that burns you forever, for as your flesh chars and your juices boil, you form new skin. These details overpower you, ensuring you will obey.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 3 min UMORONRACEUMAKEWO... 119,216
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 12 min bad bob 2,612
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 2 hr Rider on the Storm 184,831
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 3 hr waaasssuuup 445,838
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 4 hr Peter Ross 6,269
Iranian Brother & Sister wanted For FRAUD!!! 4 hr Bella Esmail Moore 1
______ *ANTICHRIST in plain view / (*News) ______ 5 hr NewsYTube 1
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 20 hr UMAKEWORLDPEACEUM... 982,141
More from around the web