Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 603157 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Jul 08

Columbus, OH

#527431 Apr 5, 2014
Shockalocka wrote:
<quoted text>
As a Marine in Afghanistan. I didn't fight in of Jesus Christ . I fought and served the United States of America and it's people.
Here's to the Marines

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#527432 Apr 5, 2014
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
We believe Jesus is God.
You are quite the scam artist.

I will rephrase the question.

Do you believe that Jesus would have stayed faithful to Judaism, or that he would have abandoned the Jews and joined up with John the Baptist to in turn preach Catholicism or Protestantism rather than Judaism as the true religion???

I suggest you will not answer that question.

Prince George, Canada

#527433 Apr 5, 2014
pusherman_ wrote:
<quoted text> I don't mean to come off that way, but truth lies in Jesus' message June, Period!
YEAH RIGHT!!! You tell the story that you're not in a religion, while you preach that you know exactly what Jesus thinks.

That is the silliest of all excuses. At least other Christians will agree they are religious.

You think you are way above all others in being aligned to divine wisdom ... without even being in a religion.

Hilarious self-perception.
truth

Perth, Australia

#527434 Apr 5, 2014
air-port exist around world
its not new
noooooooooooo

but new air-bus will exist in future

its come in my dream last night i see
what i have to see
maybe mother Mary not going happen accident
noooooooooooooo

see sura insura see act as accident

how many
a=1 c=3
proverb 1;3
https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/...

Prince George, Canada

#527435 Apr 5, 2014
pusherman_ wrote:
<quoted text> They must not realize that they don't really need "Organized Religion"
You have "organized" your own religion concerning the Jesus-myth in your own head and then claim it is not a religion.

Are you really THAT silly?
LTM

Sudbury, Canada

#527436 Apr 5, 2014
pusherman_ wrote:
<quoted text> I don't mean to come off that way, but truth lies in Jesus' message June, Period! All the "Religious" go by what the leaders of the Church say, any Church! They must not realize that they don't really need "Organized Religion" For what purpose would a person need them?
Religion has seperated God's children, In every denominational church a realm of the True Church of Christ's resides.
People who get it, that really understand its not about a religion , its all about Jesus Christ the True Son of The Living God.
Jesus is there anchor not a religion. They really get it the message that Jesus Preach Matthew 5. God's word pierced their hearts
truth

Perth, Australia

#527437 Apr 5, 2014
biblegateway.com/passage/...

its sura insura acidente

god will prevail

pray

mother Mary will revile to you

Jesus Christ name above all..pray that you need know how will be happen and where?
marge

Ames, IA

#527438 Apr 5, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
You are quite the scam artist.
I will rephrase the question.
Do you believe that Jesus would have stayed faithful to Judaism, or that he would have abandoned the Jews and joined up with John the Baptist to in turn preach Catholicism or Protestantism rather than Judaism as the true religion???
I suggest you will not answer that question.
Jesus preached the Kingdom of Heaven, period.
truth

Perth, Australia

#527439 Apr 5, 2014
act 3;1 pray as john and peter pray
god will revile you
marge

Ames, IA

#527440 Apr 5, 2014
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
Religion has seperated God's children, In every denominational church a realm of the True Church of Christ's resides.
People who get it, that really understand its not about a religion , its all about Jesus Christ the True Son of The Living God.
Jesus is there anchor not a religion. They really get it the message that Jesus Preach Matthew 5. God's word pierced their hearts
Just as you said my dear big sister I'm going to be a grandma times two this year:). Thank you Jesus!

Prince George, Canada

#527441 Apr 5, 2014
Shockalocka wrote:
<quoted text>
As a Marine in Afghanistan. I didn't fight in of Jesus Christ . I fought and served the United States of America and it's people.
Good for you. Those in religion often want to drag their supposed gods into their wars to justify the killing. Killing is necessary in war. And I am thankful for the soldiers that died so that I might live in relative safety, at least so far.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>

From the book "The Comfortable Pew," by Pierre Burton comes the following....... Published in 1965.

But if the British and American clergy each felt that their nation was especially chosen of God, so did the German Clergy. Gott Mit Uns was the cry.“The German soul is God’s soul and it shall rule over mankind,” said Pastor Lehmann, a comment that was attacked by a Yale professor of practical theology, Henry Hallam Tweedy, as blasphemy, though it was remarkably similar to the one expressed by his own dean on behalf of the American soul.
truth

Perth, Australia

#527442 Apr 5, 2014
who fly with air-port
what air represent..
seeeeee

pray god listen prayers

Prince George, Canada

#527443 Apr 5, 2014
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
You are very deceptive.

Do you believe that Jesus preached that those who didn't believe in him deserved hell???

Come on now. Answer that question, now that you think that you are full of wisdom.
truth

Perth, Australia

#527444 Apr 5, 2014
i drink now banana skin juice
iron magnesium ptoasium helping for cramp and so on..

in pharmaceutic one small botlle 50 dollars

one peel skin banana not coast to much in 1 litre water

Are you ijuju or kukuku if not used farmaceutic diplooma?
nooooooooooooooooooooo

then

used good character diploma naturalist

Prince George, Canada

#527445 Apr 5, 2014
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe you could at least TRY to answer my question.

June VanDerMark wrote:

<quoted text>

Prince George, Canada

#527446 Apr 5, 2014
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
Another scam artist who pretends to know the mind of the supposed master of truth ... which means that YOU are the master of truth ... RIGHT???

If there was no word Jesus ... there would be no VAIN preachers USING that name.

And THAT I suggest is true.

Prince George, Canada

#527447 Apr 5, 2014
The preachers all claim that Jesus preached sermons of love.

If that is true, why did he support a book that taught the dogma of hell for all those who did not believe in him?

Bunkology
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#527448 Apr 5, 2014
Page 1 of 2

Roman Catholicism is the most powerful, widespread and subtle of all un-Biblical religious movements. It claims to be the only "true" church, and everything outside of it is labelled false and branded as heresy. All Protestants are "heretics" according to Romanism.

In reality the Roman Catholic hierarchy is not a church at all, but a gigantic religious, political organisation.

Because the average Protestant and multitudes of true believers are almost completely ignorant of the facts about Roman Catholicism, it is necessary to expose at the outset some of the most blatant of these.

First it must be recognised that the Church of Rome has unscripturally appropriated the name "Catholic" (signifying 'worldwide') to mean only its own church. The true name for the miscalled Catholic Church should be the Roman Church. In the past it was called the Roman Catholic Church. Today, however, particularly in the USA, but also in some other non-Roman-Catholic lands, the name "Roman" has been cunningly dropped and it wishes to be known only as the Catholic Church.

...the name "Roman" has been cunningly dropped and it wishes to be known only as the Catholic Church. The purpose of this is twofold: firstly, to reflect the basic doctrine that all other Churches are heretical and that no salvation is possible outside the Roman Catholic Church; and, secondly, the change in name further indicates the goal of making everybody a Roman Catholic and assuming authority over all the nations of the earth, both religiously and politically.
The progress which is being made towards this end can be seen in the fact that America, an overwhelmingly Protestant nation, elected John F. Kennedy, a Roman Catholic, as President and chief executive. I am convinced that this act, instead of being a sign of tolerance and freedom from bigotry, indicated an ignorance on the part of the average citizen concerning the goal and purpose of the Roman Catholic Church ultimately to rule the entire world and subject every man, woman and child to the authority of one Super-Church.

The Roman Catholic Church claims to be the one true Church, dating back to the beginning, organised by Jesus Christ Himself, with the disciple Peter as the first Pope and Vicar of Christ of earth. However, while the true "Catholic" Church (the Body of Christ) was born at in eternity in the Mind of God, the Roman Catholic Church was not organised until about 313 AD.

Emperor Diocletian For the first three centuries the true Church was almost threatened with extinction, as the persecutions of pagan Rome increased in intensity under the reigns of the heathen Emperors from Nero to Diocletian. In 303 AD. Diocletian, determined once and for all to stamp out Christianity, issued a series of edicts, each more severe than the former, in his effort to exterminate Christianity. Christians were martyred by the thousands and the Roman prisons were filled to overflowing with believers and especially Christian ministers.

Then a most unexpected event took place. Constantine (the Great) became Emperor of Rome in the early part of the fourth century. During one of the crucial battles for conquest he is supposed to have seen in the sky a flaming cross (at midday) with the words inscribed in Greek: "By this sign conquer." It may have been pure imagination in an hour of desperation, or an optical illusion, but whatever it was he accepted it as word from Heaven that this cross was his key to victory. Accordingly he not only accepted Christianity but also made it the religion of the Roman Empire.
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#527449 Apr 5, 2014
Page 2 of 2

The result was the Roman Catholic Church, which is a mixture of about one-third Christianity, one-third Judaism, and one-third paganism. This was the beginning of the union of Church and State. Constantine, however, did not oppose the old pagan worship of Rome; rather, he superimposed Christianity upon these pagan religions, adopting elements in both; and thus, by allowing the pagans to continue their heathen customs, he made it easy for them to adopt Christianity. The result was the Roman Catholic Church, which is a mixture of about one-third Christianity, one-third Judaism, and one-third paganism. The Roman Catholic Church thus pretends to accept most of the cardinal doctrines of Christendom, plus the holy days and priesthood copied from Judaism, and the superstitions and fetishes of paganism with its charms such as holy water, candles, and images.
Constantine While the pretended adoption of Christianity was hailed as a great victory for the Church, it was also, ironically, the beginning of her ruin. From this date we can trace all the innumerable errors of the Roman Church - Mariolatry, the mass, purgatory, limbo, the celibacy of priesthood, adoration and worship of images, indulgences, the infallibility of the Pope, the immaculate conception of Mary, and all the other unscriptural errors. Instead of a blessing it became the downfall of the organised church. Yet all the time during those dark ages which followed there was as always the body of true believers, members of the true Church, within the framework of the rapidly corrupting hierarchy of the Roman Catholic Church.

Before Constantine the true Church was persecuted and threatened with extermination; after Constantine there emerged the Roman Church, patronized by the State and subsequently seeking temporal powers to rule and govern the State. This was the beginning of the Roman Catholic Church which has lasted until today.

After the wedding of Church and State by Constantine, however, the 'coming out' of the true believers from the apostate system became necessary. From the birthday of the Church of Jesus Christ at Pentecost and throughout the next three centuries, the Church remained comparatively free from the serious errors which have characterized it since the beginning of the fourth century. Error was present even in the days of the Apostles, but the Church, suffering indescribable persecution, remained relatively pure in doctrine. After the wedding of Church and State by Constantine, however, the 'coming out' of the true believers from the apostate system became necessary.
During the centuries from Constantine until the days of Luther there were groups which either separated themselves from the political and religious system, or else remained as a violent reaction against the increasing corruption. All of these were persecuted and many were martyred for their faith. The Roman Catholic Church at that time was not only recognized by the Roman Empire, but the State was ultimately compelled to bow to the edicts of the Church.
Cisco Kid

Modesto, CA

#527450 Apr 5, 2014
OldJG wrote:
Page 1 of 2
Roman Catholicism is the most powerful, widespread and subtle of all un-Biblical religious movements. It claims to be the only "true" church, and everything outside of it is labelled false and branded as heresy.
All Protestants are "heretics" according to Romanism..........
OldJug, you're a Blasphemous Heretic.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 2 min dollarsbill 7,922
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 7 min Hidingfromyou 877,840
not man enough 26 min andet1987 3
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 1 hr USaWorldWarmongerer 177,844
*** All Time Favorite Songs *** (Dec '10) 2 hr Classic 2,858
The Christian Atheist debate 2 hr Critical Eye 3,786
sex party 3 hr sex god 1
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 9 hr sangili karuppan 7,612
More from around the web