Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.
Comments
509,121 - 509,140 of 532,938 Comments Last updated 3 min ago

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#527377
Apr 5, 2014
 
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
June
Human attempts to give a name, or description to God is what you write about. Its interesting that these are quite positive attributes. In Islam there are the 99 Names of Allah(God). I like them all.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Names_of_God_in_...
Tis a pity you avoid or reject them and God.
You and your religion are a fraud.

If you are Catholic or Protestant or centered in some form of morphed Christianity, as is your claim ... your belief is based on the premise that Muslims will spend eternity in Christian hell.

You can't BE honest with your self Robert, as it's not possible while you are under the shadow of your lie-filled religion.

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#527378
Apr 5, 2014
 
pusherman_ wrote:
<quoted text> Yes, He followed the tradition of the Religion Judaism, but his message was about Salvation for all, not just the Jews..
You have created a religion within the Christian religion, that is neither based on Judaism OR Christianity.

Within the theology, if Jesus was faithful to Judaism as truth, then he never taught anything BUT Judaism.

You can' t have it both ways ... as lies do not up to concepts of truth.

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#527379
Apr 5, 2014
 
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
The great thing about Our God is,His,mercy and ability to use,all who believe in Him .
..
Catholics believe that Protestants go to hell and Protestants believe that Catholics go to the same Christian hell.

Muslims believe that Christians and Jews and all others who are not Muslim go to Islam's hell.

And Jews believe that the those are not of Judaism go to Judaism's version of hell ... Gehenna

Yet you all preach that the one god is merciful to those who believe in him.

Nuttier than fruitcakes.

“Greatest Love”

Since: Aug 08

For His Creation

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#527380
Apr 5, 2014
 
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Rose, it's evident you have forgotten everything you were taught as a child. This discussion is over. If you truly care about having a charitable exchange with Catholics you'll do us a favor and refer to the CCC before you make any more accusations.
This is an easy site to navigate;
http://www.scborromeo.org/ccc.htm
I'll look , but you didn't answer the question..your choice ...what WOULD you say.

One thing about a really bad sin is,it infects,everything , despite the goodness of John Paul and Francis..

If a non believer who had a poor notion of the RCC say because,of scandals ....how,would you answer...defend the Church ...tell them about the good clergy we both knew as children...or tell them about Christ who was nailed to the Cross with our sins.

Peace Anthony ..you should think about it...I was asking YOU ...not a,Catholic website .

Your choice not to answer .

As I said, many know nothing of what it's,like as a Catholic child with loving mentors, and it gets worse every d a y ..but it's STILL JESUS, is Saviour , not Rome ..

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#527381
Apr 5, 2014
 
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
So the fact is many millions LESS were killed because of God.
Humans were not killed because of any gods. Humans were killed because of human BELIEF in the existence of gods and the belief that the gods wanted humans killed.

Since: Feb 14

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#527382
Apr 5, 2014
 
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Despite the blemishes of their institution...which is,NOT alone,in that area,as all man run institutions, a 're,....most Catholics,are believers,in Christ .
I loved the nuns,who helped raise,me when my parents,could not....
I know,most non Catholics,have no experience in the good the Churches,people do and have done ...
And I do th I no their Church would not be that if it were not for the Reformation....not that Luther was,perfect.
The great thing about Our God is,His,mercy and ability to use,all who believe in Him .
My great disappointment is,that the,Catholics,here do not allow,for it..
"Our God" is everyone's "God" but I agree with you, the Catholics are not the only ones that don't "Allow for it" the fault lies at our very feet. At the Leaders of the "Religions" feet. No one is Perfect, and the allowance for that Imperfection, is being Abused. I personally think it's a shame that Jesus and his message is being Abused and Drug through the mud, not just by the "Religious" but by everyone. Right and Wrong was/is Written on the Heart, The ones In High Positions, such as church leaders, that abuse the Gospel In Jesus' name, should be more Fearful than anyone, because it is them teaching the Good News and Abusing it. Such a pity that people are Slaves to a "Religion"

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#527383
Apr 5, 2014
 
Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>
You better reread Genesis chapter one verse one June.
No thanks. I did read it and it is silly.

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#527384
Apr 5, 2014
 
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Ahhh science the,New,religion...theories,th at change...
Science and religion have two totally different meanings ... yet they are both based on theory.

Your theory is that Jesus will save you.

End of story, as that is all the theory that you need to convince you that you KNOW.

Since: Feb 14

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#527385
Apr 5, 2014
 
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Catholics believe that Protestants go to hell and Protestants believe that Catholics go to the same Christian hell.
Muslims believe that Christians and Jews and all others who are not Muslim go to Islam's hell.
And Jews believe that the those are not of Judaism go to Judaism's version of hell ... Gehenna
Yet you all preach that the one god is merciful to those who believe in him.
Nuttier than fruitcakes.
God is the Savior of all Souls, it's not his fault that People can't get it right. You seem like you blame God for peoples Ignorance June?

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#527386
Apr 5, 2014
 
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
Religion tries to keep the middle ground to preserve life.
You simply can't stop your self from lying.

Your church fathers killed everybody that would not become Catholic.

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#527387
Apr 5, 2014
 
The first Protestants were ex-Catholics that killed each other by the score.

And Robert wants us to swallow the lie that they taught the lesson of loving the neighbor as the self!

And you wonder why I have no respect for you whatsoever Robert.

You revel in lies.

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#527388
Apr 5, 2014
 
pusherman_ wrote:
<quoted text> God is the Savior of all Souls, it's not his fault that People can't get it right. You seem like you blame God for peoples Ignorance June?
Men created the gods in their own images to supposedly love their selves and disown others into hells. You just don't WANT to see that.

June VanDerMark wrote:

<quoted text>
Catholics believe that Protestants go to hell and Protestants believe that Catholics go to the same Christian hell.
Muslims believe that Christians and Jews and all others who are not Muslim go to Islam's hell.
And Jews believe that the those are not of Judaism go to Judaism's version of hell ... Gehenna
Yet you all preach that the one god is merciful.

Since: Feb 14

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#527389
Apr 5, 2014
 
Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll wager that the pusherman would be glad to oblige your cite request, if you would simply post a complete list of what and who you consider to be "an authoritative source".
It wouldn't matter what he posted, it wouldn't change what I think or vise versa, I have posted on here several things about the church and given a name. I do not think dude is at fault or the people of Catholic Religion of today, the problem lies with the leaders of that church from the Inception of "Christianity" Dude and everyone like him and members of the Catholic Faith are probably good people.. Have you ever seen the Laws Governing that Church? it's Dictatorship for real..

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#527390
Apr 5, 2014
 
So far the god of the Jews has hells for those who reject Judaism, Christianity and Islam.

Christian hell

Muslim hell

Judaism's hell ... Gehenna

Meanwhile all the other ancient religions also have their hells to entrap the nasty humans.

Religion is a big pile of steaming manure.

Without hells in the dogmas ... there would be no religion ... well maybe Wicca and a few other silly new religions that claims that the goddess loves everybody.

“Greatest Love”

Since: Aug 08

For His Creation

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#527391
Apr 5, 2014
 

Judged:

1

Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
We're not talking about prophecy in Revelation. We're talking about historical facts.
You seriously believe all of Revelation is,HISTORY ...???
AnthonyMN

Andover, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#527392
Apr 5, 2014
 

Judged:

1

RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll look , but you didn't answer the question..your choice ...what WOULD you say.
One thing about a really bad sin is,it infects,everything , despite the goodness of John Paul and Francis..
If a non believer who had a poor notion of the RCC say because,of scandals ....how,would you answer...defend the Church ...tell them about the good clergy we both knew as children...or tell them about Christ who was nailed to the Cross with our sins.
Peace Anthony ..you should think about it...I was asking YOU ...not a,Catholic website .
Your choice not to answer .
As I said, many know nothing of what it's,like as a Catholic child with loving mentors, and it gets worse every d a y ..but it's STILL JESUS, is Saviour , not Rome ..
This kind of statement " ..but it's STILL JESUS, is Saviour , not Rome .." is why I prefer not to continue with you. You're disingenuous and have no intention of being charitable in your discussions with me. When you decide to stop making outrageous and untruthful statements of the Catholic faith get back to me.
AnthonyMN

Andover, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#527393
Apr 5, 2014
 
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Humans were not killed because of any gods. Humans were killed because of human BELIEF in the existence of gods and the belief that the gods wanted humans killed.
Again, far more people killed and were killed because they DID NOT believe in GOD.
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#527394
Apr 5, 2014
 
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Despite the blemishes of their institution...which is,NOT alone,in that area,as all man run institutions, a 're,....most Catholics,are believers,in Christ .
I loved the nuns,who helped raise,me when my parents,could not....
I know,most non Catholics,have no experience in the good the Churches,people do and have done ...
And I do th I no their Church would not be that if it were not for the Reformation....not that Luther was,perfect.
The great thing about Our God is,His,mercy and ability to use,all who believe in Him .
My great disappointment is,that the,Catholics,here do not allow,for it..
....Why didn't your parents take care of you? That's awful!

Since: Feb 14

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#527395
Apr 5, 2014
 
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Men created the gods in their own images to supposedly love their selves and disown others into hells. You just don't WANT to see that.
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Catholics believe that Protestants go to hell and Protestants believe that Catholics go to the same Christian hell.
Muslims believe that Christians and Jews and all others who are not Muslim go to Islam's hell.
And Jews believe that the those are not of Judaism go to Judaism's version of hell ... Gehenna
Yet you all preach that the one god is merciful.
Yes, I see what you're saying, but you apparently didn't see what I said.. It's about the Message June, And shouldn't be about anything else except the Message. The Message Jesus taught about being Free from our own Demons, the Kingdom of God is within you! To know ourselves is to know God, w/out us knowing who we are, how in the he!! can we know God? It's In a way of living and being connected with ones self and nature. To me, it's about finding peace within our heart and soul, not something that "Religion" can give you.. Seek and Ye Shall Find, within yourself! that is only my opinion, and that's what I try to do. I love being in the mountains, hiking, camping, just being there, and there is no other piece of mind like it, truly Spiritual and serene..

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#527396
Apr 5, 2014
 
To see how silly your own creation myth is, study the creation myths of other religions.

You might see the humor.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>

10 Creation Myths As Strange As The Bible

Jackie Fuchs January 11, 2014

http://listverse.com/2014/01/11/10-creation-m...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

740 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 2 min Hidingfromyou 721,235
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 5 min Dr_Zorderz 256,680
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 20 min Yeshua Iesous 115,306
poppyseeddreams.com/bad service 21 min Enough- 1
ye olde village pub (Jun '07) 30 min Ricky F 53,167
What Your Church Won't Tell You by Dave and Gar... (Apr '10) 38 min Remnant of 144000 32,927
Israel's end is near, Ahmadinejad says (Jun '07) 39 min Zioni 36,534
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 1 hr Buck Crick 224,365
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 12 hr bad bob 172,474
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••