Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 679024 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

truth

Perth, Australia

#527743 Apr 7, 2014
in bigining is word

obsor=horisont
see peter 1 2 3
john 1 2 3

read

poem
smjenijavat cu se
dan i noch
i opet cu svome bogu doch
nkh
truth

Perth, Australia

#527744 Apr 7, 2014
dobro dobro dobro

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#527745 Apr 7, 2014
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
Very sad. What was his illness and how old was he?
Clay he's been very ill for a,long time.longer than I've been on here

It's,the same illness he's,had all along..many days,he'd be here posting from bed , very ill.

I'll leave any details Sera wants to share to her ..but he was in hospital and passed around 330, thanks,for asking ..

Please,keep them both in prayer
truth

Perth, Australia

#527746 Apr 7, 2014
eat shaken banana juice
papaya kivi lemon orange skin..all juice are 50 cents
skin fruits in plain water
skin fruits as tonic in plain water=50 cents

pray
holy cross
in name of Jesus christ
all demons going away

ej you in secrets
god going reavile your name
seeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
how i know who they areeeeeeeeeeeee
Liam

Chicago, IL

#527747 Apr 7, 2014
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Clay he's been very ill for a,long time.longer than I've been on here
It's,the same illness he's,had all along..many days,he'd be here posting from bed , very ill.
I'll leave any details Sera wants to share to her ..but he was in hospital and passed around 330, thanks,for asking ..
Please,keep them both in prayer
Ok. Thanks for the info.
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#527748 Apr 7, 2014
Persecution by The Roman Church
“The Inquisition"

Most people have some knowledge of the holocaust, the six years of torture, death, and atrocities that the Jews, Poles, Gypsies, and a number of other minority groups suffered under Hitler and the Nazis during the Second World War. While in no way downplaying the terrible events of the holocaust, such a massacre does not compare to the severity of the torture and murder that took place under papal authority during the 605 years of the Roman Catholic Inquisition.

From the beginning of the papacy, until the present time, it is estimated by credible historians that more than fifty million men and women have been slaughtered for the crime of heresy charged against them by Papal Rome. This is documented in John Dowling’s The History of Romanism, Book 8, Ch. 1, pp. 542, 543:“From the birth of Popery in 600, to the present time, it is estimated by careful and credible historians, that more than FIFTY MILLION of the human family have been slaughtered for the crime of heresy by popish persecutors, an average of more than forty thousand religious murders for every year of the existence of Popery.” The main credible historians on the Inquisition, besides Dowling himself are Lea, Vancandard, Maycock, Coulton, and Turberville.

Secondly, Scott’s Church History gives a few sets of numbers, with the qualification,“No computation can reach the numbers who have been put to death, in different ways, on account of their maintaining the profession of the Gospel, and opposing the corruption of the Church of Rome. A MILLION of poor Waldenses perished in France; NINE HUNDRED THOUSAND orthodox Christians were slain in less than thirty years after the institution of the order of the Jesuits. The Duke of Alva boasted of having put to death in the Netherlands, THIRTY-SIX THOUSAND by the hand of the common executioner during the space of a few years. The Inquisition destroyed, by various tortures, ONE HUNDRED AND FIFTY THOUSAND within thirty years. These are a few specimens, and but a few, of those which history has recorded; but the total amount will never be known till the earth shall disclose her blood, and no more cover her slain.”

The torture chambers of the Inquisition lasted 605 years and were found throughout the nations controlled by Rome. They had their beginning under Pope Innocent III in 1203 until the Inquisition's final dissolution in Spain, Portugal and South America in 1808.
truth

Perth, Australia

#527749 Apr 7, 2014
sometimes small numbers exist
bigger not

whats happen with bigger numbers

under statistic not exist where accusers point fingers
nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooooo

now

in future
3 continents
then oldo poldo not going save anyone
don't you oldo

since abel and cain exist war exist
your forget that
did they belong jew or others or abram

very sad

god is sad with us
must be

after all

God love us!

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#527750 Apr 7, 2014
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok. Thanks for the info.
Again thanks,for asking.

I'm sure,at one time or other Nick/ Hermi enriched each one of us,with his,insights,.

He,will be missed,

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#527751 Apr 7, 2014
And humor
Liam

Aurora, CO

#527752 Apr 7, 2014
OldJG wrote:
“The Inquisition"
Most people have some knowledge of the holocaust, the six years of torture, death, and atrocities that the Jews, Poles, Gypsies, and a number of other minority groups suffered under Hitler and the Nazis during the Second World War. While in no way downplaying the terrible events of the holocaust, such a massacre does not compare to the severity of the torture and murder that took place under papal authority during the 605 years of the Roman Catholic Inquisition.
From the beginning of the papacy, until the present time, it is estimated by credible historians that more than fifty million men and women have been slaughtered for the crime of heresy charged against them by Papal Rome. This is documented in John Dowling’s The History of Romanism, Book 8, Ch. 1, pp. 542, 543:“From the birth of Popery in 600, to the present time, it is estimated by careful and credible historians, that more than FIFTY MILLION of the human family have been slaughtered for the crime of heresy by popish persecutors, an average of more than forty thousand religious murders for every year of the existence of Popery.” The main credible historians on the Inquisition, besides Dowling himself are Lea, Vancandard, Maycock, Coulton, and Turberville.
Secondly, Scott’s Church History gives a few sets of numbers, with the qualification,“No computation can reach the numbers who have been put to death, in different ways, on account of their maintaining the profession of the Gospel, and opposing the corruption of the Church of Rome. A MILLION of poor Waldenses perished in France; NINE HUNDRED THOUSAND orthodox Christians were slain in less than thirty years after the institution of the order of the Jesuits. The Duke of Alva boasted of having put to death in the Netherlands, THIRTY-SIX THOUSAND by the hand of the common executioner during the space of a few years. The Inquisition destroyed, by various tortures, ONE HUNDRED AND FIFTY THOUSAND within thirty years. These are a few specimens, and but a few, of those which history has recorded; but the total amount will never be known till the earth shall disclose her blood, and no more cover her slain.”
The torture chambers of the Inquisition lasted 605 years and were found throughout the nations controlled by Rome. They had their beginning under Pope Innocent III in 1203 until the Inquisition's final dissolution in Spain, Portugal and South America in 1808.
John Dowling "History of Romanism"?

John Dowling: born in 1832, New York

Lol. I guess no one confronted him on his slander that the RC killed 70 percent of Europe!
You feel better now recycling that age old fundie propaganda? Are your hands washed?
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#527753 Apr 7, 2014
RoSesz wrote:
OUR dear brother Nick has,just reached journeys,end .
May he,rest in the arms,of His,Lord Jesus...free of pain at last.
In Jesus,name Amen
I will miss,his,wisdom and humor ..
And pray for peace for Sera,
My heart is filled with so much sorrow. He will truly be missed.

I am so very sorry for Sera's loss.....

Please let her know and I am praying for her.

Blessings!

Since: Feb 14

Location hidden

#527754 Apr 7, 2014
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol. I guess no one confronted him on his slander that the RC killed 70 percent of Europe!
You feel better now recycling that age old fundie propaganda? Are your hands washed?
It's the Vatican that has blood stained hands my friend, you may not be able to see it, but it's there, and they will be held accountable. you know it, but why you want admit it, is beyond me..
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#527755 Apr 7, 2014
Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text>Is baptism necessary for salvation? Is it really? I seriously doubt that the thief on the cross was baptized yet Christ told him that that very day he would be in paradise. Comments!
Tony, Tony, Tony,

Why do you think people always try to use the "thief on the cross" as justification that baptism isn't necessary for salvation???

Do you think that Satan might have something to do with this delusion that baptism isn't necessary for salvation???

Do we not understand/believe that Jesus had authority on earth to forgive one of their sins???

Do we understand/believe that John the Baptist baptism could not save anyone???

When was Jesus glorified???

Why is it necessary to be baptized INTO the death, burial and resurrection of Jesus Christ???

What is the GOOD NEWS of the Gospel of Jesus Christ???

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#527756 Apr 7, 2014
pusherman_ wrote:
<quoted text> I have been in He!! since I was about 13 June. I was born into, moonshiners, pot growers, and trouble.. I had an experience some years back that started me on my Journey. I had applied and was excepted to a Bible college here in my area, but the state had other plans for furthering my Education. I was my story wasn't so long, or I'd tell it to you. I knew nothing of "God" or Jesus before my experience. I was and are, surrounded by "Godly" people, but he was never apart of my life. I think one truly misses out on the meaning of life w/out that connection of, mind, body, spirit, and soul.. Nature and being in it, is a big part of that for me. you keep throwing stuff out there like I am trying to be some kind of Authority on Jesus and his teachings. I am not, but I am trying to understand it, and I don't think it lies in Religion, or anything that can be taught by Religious people, it's a Journey only the Individual can take for themselves..
~~~~

Sounds like you were raised in the Appalachians Mountains...Kentucky, Tenn or Va.

I was raised in a coal patch in the Coalfields of Southern West Virginia in a similar atmosphere.

Where every one knew to mind their own knitten, If you didn't it could be very hazardous to

your health..
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#527757 Apr 7, 2014
OldJG wrote:
“The Inquisition"
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
According to you every historian who speaks against the Roman church is a liar. Could it be your Roman church is the liar and has been lying for hundreds of years. Yes would be the historically correct answer.
Anthony MN

Champlin, MN

#527758 Apr 7, 2014
Christ our eternal King and God, You have destroyed death and the devil by Your Cross and have restored man to life by Your Resurrection; give rest, Lord, to the soul of Your servant Nick who has fallen asleep, in Your Kingdom, where there is no pain, sorrow or suffering. In Your goodness and love for all men, pardon all the sins he has committed in thought word or deed, for there is no man or woman who lives and sins not, You only are without sin.
For You are the Resurrection, the Life, and Repose of Your servant Nick, departed this life, O Christ our God; and to You do we send up glory with Your Eternal Father and Your All-holy, Good and Life-creating Spirit; both now and forever and to the ages of ages. Amen.

Absolve, we beseech Thee, O Lord, the soul of Thy servant Nick, that he who is dead to the world, may live unto Thee, and wipe away by Thy most merciful forgiveness what sins he may have committed in life through human frailty. Though our Lord Jesus Christ. Amen.

V. Eternal rest give unto him , O Lord.
R. And let perpetual light shine upon him .
V. May he rest in peace.
R. Amen.
V. May his soul and the souls of all the faithful departed through the mercy of God rest in peace.
R. Amen.

Since: Feb 14

Location hidden

#527759 Apr 7, 2014
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~~
Sounds like you were raised in the Appalachians Mountains...Kentucky, Tenn or Va.
I was raised in a coal patch in the Coalfields of Southern West Virginia in a similar atmosphere.
Where every one knew to mind their own knitten, If you didn't it could be very hazardous to
your health..
I am from southeast Kentucky. I had a buddy that worked in bluefield W. Virginia on a strip job..

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#527761 Apr 7, 2014
Tony17 wrote:
Yet another interesting link about fallen angels and aliens.
http://beforeitsnews.com/beyond-science/2013/...
I wonder if the angels crash-landed on earth?

After all, according to the theologians, they were "fallen" and therefore "evil" ... weren't they???

Who do you suppose helped build their space-ships ... the devil, or his twin, the faked holy god ... that by the way enjoys watching all the suffering that unfolds on his evil earth.

Theologians were and are dimwits that tried and still try to play the parts of WISE gods.
Liam

Aurora, CO

#527762 Apr 7, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
Christ our eternal King and God, You have destroyed death and the devil by Your Cross and have restored man to life by Your Resurrection; give rest, Lord, to the soul of Your servant Nick who has fallen asleep, in Your Kingdom, where there is no pain, sorrow or suffering. In Your goodness and love for all men, pardon all the sins he has committed in thought word or deed, for there is no man or woman who lives and sins not, You only are without sin.
For You are the Resurrection, the Life, and Repose of Your servant Nick, departed this life, O Christ our God; and to You do we send up glory with Your Eternal Father and Your All-holy, Good and Life-creating Spirit; both now and forever and to the ages of ages. Amen.
Absolve, we beseech Thee, O Lord, the soul of Thy servant Nick, that he who is dead to the world, may live unto Thee, and wipe away by Thy most merciful forgiveness what sins he may have committed in life through human frailty. Though our Lord Jesus Christ. Amen.
V. Eternal rest give unto him , O Lord.
R. And let perpetual light shine upon him .
V. May he rest in peace.
R. Amen.
V. May his soul and the souls of all the faithful departed through the mercy of God rest in peace.
R. Amen.
Amen, Anthony

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#527763 Apr 7, 2014
fraidanuthin wrote:
Personally, I am just not into the religion thing. I am into God ?
Allowing deities such as gods and devils and angels and demons to connect with your brain as being real to you ... is being IN religion.

When you are out of religion you become an Atheist.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who's the best fighter: Jackie Chan, Bruce Lee,... (Jan '08) 41 min _KENTUCKY_ 585
Adult dating minors (Mar '09) 44 min 17_y-o_older_sister 27
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 44 min UMAKEWORLDPEACEUM... 119,087
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 2 hr UMAKEWORLDPEACEUM... 2,572
Illegal to hoard or store extra food under USA ... (Jun '08) 2 hr UMAKEWORLDPEACEUM... 28
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 2 hr UMAKEWORLDPEACEUM... 982,141
Melania Trump's hair shines in Saudi sun 3 hr UMAKEWORLDPEACEUM... 4
More from around the web