Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 678813 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#527602 Apr 6, 2014
pusherman_ wrote:
<quoted text> I don't give a Hoot what others believe June...
Of course you do. You are not being honest with your self.

You are here preaching from your perspective ... how to be saved by Jesus ... period.

Own it and stop fibbing ... as you are very see-through.

“Evolved hunter/gatherer”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#527603 Apr 6, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't get it do you?
If you were raised as a Muslim, you would not be preaching of Jesus at all ....
More horseshit June.
PROOF: There are not only Christian converts from Islam, but there are in fact Christian preachers that were raised Muslim.

Throw something else up on that teflon wall of your own design dear. See if it sticks.

Location hidden

#527604 Apr 6, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't get it do you?
If you were raised as a Muslim, you would not be preaching of Jesus at all ... other than the sermon that Jesus will come back with the Mahdi (savior of Muslims)... already converted to Islam ... the TRUE one and only faith in the universe.
What you don't want to see ... you won't see. Your will to be right will block your view of how others function and also believe that from their point of view THEY are RIGHT.
Further proof your claim is horseshit June.
>YOU< were raised Christian. You are here preaching the gospel according to Jesus. Right June?
Liam

Detroit, MI

#527605 Apr 6, 2014
pusherman_ wrote:
<quoted text> I think you should ask your Satanic monks and poop, why or why not? after all, they canonized the Book, right? they made the decision on what and what not was in the Bible right?
Way to run away....

I know why Wisdom 2:12-25 is in the Bible and I know why some Jews didn't include it when they compiled their own canon in 70 AD. Its a blatant prophecy of Jesus Christ and the prideful men who'd crucify Him! There is no doubt the Apostles and Christ Jesus considered this inspired.

What I dont understand is why you Protestants removed the Book of Wisdom from the Bible. You guys fall apart because your theology begins with lies. You try your best to sustain these lies and the result is complete anarchy.

Location hidden

#527606 Apr 6, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
The teaching of being spiritual IS a religious teaching.
Oh for fcuk sake dear.
What a piece of copout crap you have made of yourself June.

Grow up.

Location hidden

#527607 Apr 6, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
You can take your pick of what to believe, and make it your own. But then I suggest that you realize ... others have different beliefs ... and that not your personalized favorite belief is meant to fit all for all other believers.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >
So?
You got a problem with that dear?
What makes you think that is a major negative June?

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#527608 Apr 6, 2014
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
The Catholic Church "not only" claims to be the One True Apostolic Church initiated, formed and authenticated by Jesus Christ Himself (in Matthew 16 :13.).---but "it in fact" IS " the only historically and biblically PROVEN TO BE Christian Church that was unquestionable established by Jesus and His Apostles!!! EVERY Protestant Church that began after the Reformation (beginning with Luther, the Zwingli, Hus, Wycliffe, Knox, Calvin, Petri and on and on and on were "man-made religions" that we're predicated on ( bible only) personal opinions- that has resulted in over 400 years of contradiction, confusion, chaos and just more and more "watered down"---half-truth Christian in which (each person--and each denomination is the"final authority". The Fullness of the TRUTH and the Fullness of tha FAITH, has, is and will always be manifested in Jesus Christ---(in and through) His One True Apostolic Catholic Church --The Bride of Christ!!!
Since you are the professed expert, without any "same old" anti-catholic twisting, manipulating and perverting the TRUTH of the TRUE interpretation of the Bible, with no bible only "man-made" fictitious "spin", tell me what definition your NABre pope approved Bible teaches regarding the church Christ built. I don't see one word about it being the one (and only one) TRUE Apostolic Catholic Church.

Church: this word (Greek ekkl&#275;sia) occurs in the gospels only here and in Mt 18:17 (twice). There are several possibilities for an Aramaic original. Jesus’ church means the community that he will gather and that, like a building, will have Peter as its solid foundation. That function of Peter consists in his being witness to Jesus as the Messiah, the Son of the living God.

Prince George, Canada

#527609 Apr 6, 2014
Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>
So?
Beliefs are often perceived as positives by those who put faith in the beliefs.

But when people kill to defend religious dogmas, I suggest that is anything BUT positive.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#527610 Apr 6, 2014
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Of corse! The Bible is the Word of God, but it was NEVER meant to be the only authority for Christians. The Bible teaches that Sacred a Scripture is the Word of God but that it also teaches that Apostolic Tradition is the Word of God as well. Ii Thess 2:15 teaches us that we are to obey the Traditions whether they be oral (by word of mouth) or by letter (written). This Tradition is different than the traditions of men that Jesus condemned. We are to obey "Apostolic Tradition and reject human tradition which voids Gods Word! The Apostolic Tradition is the oral teaching of Jesus Christ that He handed on to His Apostles and the teachings of the Apostles that was dictated to then by the Holy Spirit which were taught, passed on and revealed to Jesus' followers in the Early Churches beginning with Our Lords first visible, hierarchical, authoritative Church at Antioch (with Bishops, Priests, Elders and Deacons) Acts 2
You are a liar...You champion "traditions" as your mainstay.. you trump the Word of God with your "traditions".

ITB, in support of same, quotes "Therefore, brethren, stand fast, and hold the traditions which ye have been taught, whether by word, or our epistle."

Paul was preaching to his fellow Jews on their Jewish traditionary law. To my knowledge only the Catholics lie about following these traditions when they have no idea what the tradionary law is!!!!

There are 613 Commandments in this law.......What are the first ten (10)????

ITB and you have no clue...can any of you help them answer my question??????

Prince George, Canada

#527611 Apr 6, 2014
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
You try your best to sustain these lies and the result is complete anarchy.
If you care to question your own religion, you will find that the ex-Jew Catholics created anarchy toward the Jews that stayed faithful to Judaism ... whose god within the theology they in turn stole FROM the Jews.

But being a devout died in the wool Catholic ... you don't want to see the folly of Catholicism.

Prince George, Canada

#527612 Apr 6, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
You are a liar...You champion "traditions" as your mainstay.. you trump the Word of God with your "traditions".
ITB, in support of same, quotes "Therefore, brethren, stand fast, and hold the traditions which ye have been taught, whether by word, or our epistle."
Paul was preaching to his fellow Jews on their Jewish traditionary law. To my knowledge only the Catholics lie about following these traditions when they have no idea what the tradionary law is!!!!
You and hojo are both certain that Jesus supports your missions.

Religion is handy ... that way.

"I have a god that agrees with ME ... NOT you ... you evil heretic."

Mental JUNK

Since: Feb 14

Location hidden

#527613 Apr 6, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course you do. You are not being honest with your self.
You are here preaching from your perspective ... how to be saved by Jesus ... period.
Own it and stop fibbing ... as you are very see-through.
Preaching? He!!, I thought we was having a conversation? Nope, I do not give a Hoot June, and that is real talk!

Since: Mar 14

Location hidden

#527614 Apr 6, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
If you care to question your own religion, you will find that the ex-Jew Catholics created anarchy toward the Jews that stayed faithful to Judaism ... whose god within the theology they in turn stole FROM the Jews.
But being a devout died in the wool Catholic ... you don't want to see the folly of Catholicism.
Now I'm interested. What is the folly?

Location hidden

#527615 Apr 6, 2014
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
Way to run away....
I know why Wisdom 2:12-25 is in the Bible and I know why some Jews didn't include it when they compiled their own canon in 70 AD. Its a blatant prophecy of Jesus Christ and the prideful men who'd crucify Him! There is no doubt the Apostles and Christ Jesus considered this inspired.
What I dont understand is why you Protestants removed the Book of Wisdom from the Bible. You guys fall apart because your theology begins with lies. You try your best to sustain these lies and the result is complete anarchy.
HaHaHa! well congrats.

Here is your pineapple

Location hidden

#527616 Apr 6, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Anyone that preaches the mythology of Jesus is religious.
You just don't realize how silly you are by reaffirming such nonsense.
You sound like someone trying to convince them self that, there was no Jesus? I am not preaching or wanting to be convinced of anything. I know where I stand and need no convincing of it..

Location hidden

#527617 Apr 6, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:

You can take your pick of what to believe, and make it your own. But then I suggest that you realize ... others have different beliefs ... and that not your personalized favorite belief is meant to fit all for all other believers.

Aquarius-WY wrote:

<quoted text>
So?
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
But when people kill to defend religious dogmas, I suggest that is anything BUT positive.
Oh that's nice June.
<rolls eyes>
Too bad it has nothing to do with what I asked you about what >YOU< wrote dear.

It has become painfully obvious to me by now that you have NO intention of engaging in this discussion with even a modicum of intellectual honesty.
hojo

Chaska, MN

#527618 Apr 6, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Your Catholic church was established by liars.
Common sense should alert you that a Jewish Rabbi would never leave Judaism as being based on lies. He would stay in his Jewish Temple (now known as a Synagogue) where his conscience would be conditioned to be absolutely faithful to his own former indoctrination in Judaism.
But so greedy are you ... you WANT to believe that Jesus became a Catholic, "simply" because YOU are a Catholic.
It is not "wholesome" to keep peddling your treadmill of lies.
Since both common sense and truth of church history are both your "downfall" June, your atheistic (anti-God, anti-Jesus anti-Catholic Christian Church) "bubble is about to burst!!!
The term Jew is used in at least two senses in Scripture: to refer to those who are ethnically Jews and to those who are religiously Jews. Jesus was a Jew in both senses. In fact, he completed the Jewish religion by serving as the Messiah (Christ) whom the prophets had long foretold.

The completed form of the Jewish religion is known as Christianity, and its adherents are Christians or "followers of the Christ." Unfortunately, many people who were ethnically Jewish did not recognize Jesus’ role as Messiah and so did not accept Christianity, the completed form of Judaism. Instead, they stayed with a partial, incomplete form of Judaism. Other Jews (the apostles and their followers) did recognize that Jesus was the Messiah and embraced the new, completed form of Judaism.

Shortly thereafter it was recognized that one could be a follower of Christ even if one did not ethnically join the Jewish people. Thus the apostles began to make many Gentile converts to the Christian faith. It is thus possible for a person to be a Jew religiously (because he has accepted Christianity, the completed form of the Jewish faith) but not be a Jew ethnically. This is the case with most Christians today.

It is this difference between being a Jew ethnically and religiously that lies behind Paul’s statement in Romans 2:28-29: "For he is not a real Jew who is one outwardly, nor is true circumcision something external and physical. He is a Jew who is one inwardly, and real circumcision is a matter of the heart, spiritual and not literal."

Christians are those who Paul refers to as being inwardly (religiously) Jewish, while non-Christian Jews are those who he refers to as being outwardly (ethnically) Jewish. The former condition, he stresses, is the more important.

Unfortunately, over the course of time some Christians broke away from the Church that Jesus founded, and so a name was needed to distinguish this Church from the ones that broke off from it. Because all the breakaways were particular, local groups, it was decided to call the Church Jesus founded the "universal" (Greek, kataholos = "according to the whole") Church, and thus the name Catholic was applied to it.

That is why Jesus was a Jew and we are Catholics: Jesus came to complete the Jewish religion by creating a Church that would serve as its fulfillment and be open to people of all races, not just ethnic Jews. As Catholics, we are those who have accepted the fulfillment of the Jewish faith by joining the Church that Jesus founded.
Liam

Saint Paul, MN

#527619 Apr 6, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Lemme get this straight: Paul, a convert to Christianity, was writing to the new Christians, instructing them to hold steadfast to the JEWISH traditions they were being taught by word of mouth and letter? Apparently the Apostles were teaching Jewish traditions?
I give up. If you cant see you're a false teacher by now, you never will.
Try this brain teaser..... Is the Church the pillar and foundation of truth or the Bible?
Never mind, I don't wanna set you up in a sin, so could you privately ponder this?
Gods R Delusions x Mine

Orlando, FL

#527620 Apr 6, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL, June. You have the deluded ones here spinning like tops.

They wouldn't be getting so angry and playing rhetorical word games, if there was a ouch of reason to their delusion..

"What is science, blah, blah." "What is religion, blah, blah."

Wow knows June, it depends on what the meaning of is is?

Have fun June :o)
Gods R Delusions x Mine

Orlando, FL

#527621 Apr 6, 2014
Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>
More horseshit June.
PROOF: There are not only Christian converts from Islam, but there are in fact Christian preachers that were raised Muslim.
Throw something else up on that teflon wall of your own design dear. See if it sticks.
There are always exceptions little guy.

The majority of people "find" the religion in which, or around which they were raised.

If you were "a lost soul" in a Muslim land, you would be spinning reality on behalf of Islam.

It's called the Primacy Effect. Google "religion and Primacy Effect" and see for yourself. The stats are undeniable.

Ramen

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 2 min Trump your President 2,313
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 6 min Aerobatty 118,865
Slop em again and again God!!! 1 hr doG nDaedn Hloy r... 1
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 1 hr Peter Ross 445,832
"Aaay?!! Do you think I have an odd-shaped HEAD... 3 hr Doctor REALITY 1
New World Order, One World Government 4 hr One Planet One Pe... 2
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 5 hr UIDIOTRACEMAKEWOR... 184,830
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 22 hr May2017 NewsGlobal 982,133
More from around the web