Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 685757 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#527506 Apr 6, 2014
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey, hojo, where'd anyone one use the word universal before the second century in relation to Christianity?
The word Catholic originally never had any connection to religion.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>>

The Catholic Encyclopedia

Catholic

The word Catholic (katholikos from katholou -- throughout the whole, i.e., universal) occurs in the Greek classics, e.g., in Aristotle and Polybius, and was freely used by the earlier Christian writers in what we may call its primitive and non-ecclesiastical sense.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#527507 Apr 6, 2014
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
Let me ask you a question: You got religion now or are you still in denial?
Pusherman wants to assure self that he and Jesus are high above religion.

Those are the type of games people in religion play with their own mentalities.

Others want to believe that being "spiritual" also has nothing in common with "yucky" religion. Yet the word spirit is used in the belief that after death of the physical body the spirit takes flight ... propelled by "spiritual will."

One mental game after another is the basic LINE of those who profess to see "the future."
LTM

Sudbury, Canada

#527508 Apr 6, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Case in point. You believe that Jesus is real and that you have his message absolutely correct to the way he saw and sees it.
If you don't wake up from your hypnotic trance ... no one can do it for you.
Removing the word "religion" out of the game you play with your self ... will simply keep you on the treadmill of self-deceit.
I think you protest to much June, I think you believe in him yourself, if you don't you sure are arguing alot about someone you don't believe in.
The world is a religious bankrupt place,---which one to follow----???,"WE ARE INSTRUCTED TO FOLLOW JESUS NOT A RELIGION JUNE".
IF YOU SAW JESUS, STANDING BEFORE YOU, WOULD YOU SAY I MUST GO LIGHT A CANDLE FIRST DO THINGS RIGHT, BECAUSE MY RELIGIOUS DENOMINATION SAYS TOO, OR WOULD YOU GO TO THE SOURCE OF LIGHT???
THE TRUE LIGHT FIRST.
THERE IS NOTHING BEFORE JESUS JUNE, THERE WILL BE NOTHING AFTER JESUS.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#527509 Apr 6, 2014
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
June
Sorry June, I enjoy watching "Little Mosque" on Hulu. You remind me of the radio show host on the show.
Your inability to reconcile differences is your problem, not mine.
Perhaps the world is to large for you to understand one should simplify, but not oversimplify?
I suggest you go play with your Catholicized anti-Semitic bible and dream of sainthood for your self.

It's where your desires LIE.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#527510 Apr 6, 2014
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
June
Hmmm. So you are saying, that all church fathers killed, or had someone kill everyone who would not become Catholic.....
The popes never got their hands bloody ... directly. They simply gave the orders to kill and their henchmen followed the orders.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#527511 Apr 6, 2014
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
,"WE ARE INSTRUCTED TO FOLLOW JESUS NOT A RELIGION JUNE".
Why are you a Catholic and NOT practicing JUDAISM???

Unless you stop feeding your self lies ... you won't recognize the lies that have been fed TO you in your Catholic cult.
Liam

Saint Paul, MN

#527512 Apr 6, 2014
OldJG wrote:
Page 2
Before Constantine the true Church was persecuted and threatened with extermination; after Constantine there emerged the Roman Church, patronized by the State and subsequently seeking temporal powers to rule and govern the State. This was the beginning of the Roman Catholic Church which has lasted until today.
After the wedding of Church and State by Constantine, however, the 'coming out' of the true believers from the apostate system became necessary. From the birthday of the Church of Jesus Christ at Pentecost and throughout the next three centuries, the Church remained comparatively free from the serious errors...SNIPPED because your a moron
This post isn't towards you, its for any potential victims that would buy into your lies. Your far to gone in fundieland to ever care about truth..
Anywho:

Before Constantine: "Take not to those who hold heterodox opinions on the grace of Jesus Christ which has come to us, see how contrary their opinions are to the mind of God....they abstain from the Eucharist and prayer because they do not confess that the Eucharist is the flesh of Our Lord Jesus Christ. Flesh which suffered for our sins and the Father in His goodness, raised up again. They who deny this gift are perishing in their disputes"
Ignatius of Antioch's letter to the Smyrnaeans, 95 AD, Later St. Ignatius was martyred at the hands of the Roman Empire

After Constantine: "You ought to know what you have received , what you are going to receive, and what you ought to receive daily. That Bread that you see on the altar, having been sanctified by the word of God (1Cor 11:23), IS the Body of Christ. The chalice, or rather, what's in the chalice, having been sanctified by the word of God. is the Blood of Christ"
St Augustine 400 A.D.
Saint Augustine
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#527513 Apr 6, 2014
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
I think you protest to much June, I think you believe in him yourself, if you don't you sure are arguing alot about someone you don't believe in.
I'm trying to show you that the theologians planned for you to fight for them in their individual cults.

You wouldn't defend Islam the way you try to defend Catholicism, and you KNOW that is true.

You are comparable to a robot ... a Catholicized robot.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#527514 Apr 6, 2014
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
Before Constantine:
I watched a program yesterday about Constantine. Those doing the studies now believe that Constantine USED the Catholics in the sense of believing that he had converted to Catholicism, while actually he was still heavy into his old religion of Mithraism.

A huge building that he had constructed for his own arrogance contains not even one bit of Christian mythological symbols. No crosses ... nothing. It's all created with Pagan symbols. And he had the building constructed AFTER he gave the Catholics full control over other religions in the empire.

From my perception, Constantine played both ends to the middle for his own comforts, as Catholics fought in his army.

From all the symbols on that building, it appears that Constantine thought HE was a god on earth, and the god he chose to imitate was not Catholic. It was the Pagan god Oris.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#527515 Apr 6, 2014
The fact that we discuss different "gods" as being real or not real ought to awaken believers to the idea that ALL of the god-mythology was created by mythologists, otherwise known as theologians.

When you wish to see that their myths were based on theory rather than on absolute truth, you will lay down all your religious literature and say "Lets' stop the fights and learn to take one moment at a time, by treating each other as equals."

Only by giving up your religions, can you break down the walls of animosity that the theologians built for you to uphold for their own greed-filled aims.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#527516 Apr 6, 2014
Imagine teaching followers that Jesus became a Catholic because he vilified Judaism, and then to add icing on the poisoned cake, claim that Jesus ... the supposed master of love, wanted the Jews slayed.

Are you going to stay dumbed-down by religion, to in turn teach your children to also stay dumbed-down???

I hope NOT.

Since: Mar 14

Location hidden

#527517 Apr 6, 2014
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
The Catholic Church "not only" claims to be the One True Apostolic Church initiated, formed and authenticated by Jesus Christ Himself (in Matthew 16 :13.).---but "it in fact" IS " the only historically and biblically PROVEN TO BE Christian Church that was unquestionable established by Jesus and His Apostles!!! EVERY Protestant Church that began after the Reformation (beginning with Luther, the Zwingli, Hus, Wycliffe, Knox, Calvin, Petri and on and on and on were "man-made religions" that we're predicated on ( bible only) personal opinions- that has resulted in over 400 years of contradiction, confusion, chaos and just more and more "watered down"---half-truth Christian in which (each person--and each denomination is the"final authority". The Fullness of the TRUTH and the Fullness of tha FAITH, has, is and will always be manifested in Jesus Christ---(in and through) His One True Apostolic Catholic Church --The Bride of Christ!!!
The bride of Christ are child rapists, so what are YOU?!
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#527518 Apr 6, 2014
Martin Luther's negative term for theologians that disagreed with his own theology was "theologasters."

Yet he perceived his self as being a teacher aligned to the wisdom of Jesus' mentality.

All of those preachers in Gnosticism, Catholicism, and Protestantism created the Jesus-myth in their own images. "Jesus sees the issues EXACTLY the way 'I' see them."

If you don't see the lies you tell to your selves ... it's because your arrogance RULES supreme.

Location hidden

#527519 Apr 6, 2014
Parvoda wrote:
<quoted text>
I bet this is the guy who leaves those Jack Chick comics all over the place.
I am the guy who is the spineless child raping papists WORST nightmare!
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#527520 Apr 6, 2014
billyboy169 wrote:
<quoted text>
The bride of Christ are child rapists, so what are YOU?!
Protestant preachers in positions of power also molested children.

I suggest if you keep favoring your own religion, you won't see the lies you tell to your self.

“Evolved hunter/gatherer”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#527521 Apr 6, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
I never once used the word occupation, that came from you. "personal spiritual journey" are also your words...they sound protestant.
Why is it you insist practicing medicine is an occupation and teaching history isn't?
If I choose to allow the opinions of a professional historian and theologian influence my thought process while rejecting same from a non-historian/theologian, what's the issue?
I see you missed it again.
<shrugs> Your loss.

Location hidden

#527522 Apr 6, 2014
Oh dear, not one spineless child raping unholy papist dared challenge my questions.
Validation that papists are indeed the bride of satan!

“Evolved hunter/gatherer”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#527523 Apr 6, 2014
AnthonyMN wrote:
<quoted text>
pusherman says the Catholic Church was BBQing untold numbers of "real" Christians during the first 300 years of the Church. At this point, considering he's done nothing but insist I'm ignoring truth that HE knows, I guess anyone who has published something that's not under a pseudonym and cites references would be a start.
I do not care what you and the pusherman were discussing. I ... repeat ... I ... as in me, myself, and I ... injected a NEW thought concerning "knowing" and how one "knows" a thing. Knows" a thing from a non-human source.
Try actually reading what I wrote in my FIRST post on the matter.
Then.
Hit the dusty. You bore me with your denseness of cranium.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#527524 Apr 6, 2014
You can brainwash people in the idea that religion makes humans into better humans ... but all indications are that humans will be human ... whether in or not in religion.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>>

Wiccan Arrested on Child Rape Charges

I contacted the Rev. Donald Lewis-Highcorrell, First Priest and Chancellor of Correllian Nativist Tradition, who issued a statement that confirmed Tohausen’s clergy status within the organization, and that he has been suspended pending the outcome of the trial.- See more at: http://wildhunt.org/2010/04/wiccan-arrested-o...

Location hidden

#527525 Apr 6, 2014
Any spineless satanic papist wish to deny that Ratzinger was a Nazi paedophile who covered up the butchery and rape of tens of thousands of innocents across the planet.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 1 min bad bob 26,216
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 2 min arrr 985,693
David Duke: "We're going to take our country ba... 2 hr Doctor REALITY 58
to Maria Chapelle-Nadal: it's time to ROLL, sista' 3 hr Doctor REALITY 1
I hate Haiti (Jan '10) 4 hr Anne Nonymiss 109
"BIGGEST SCAM in WORLD HISTORY...." 5 hr YTube 1st 1
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 6 hr Here For Now 619,748
More from around the web